View Full Version : Paul Bernardo

pretty girl76
10-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Is he at Millhaven? I heard that there were many, many women writting him and he may even get married? SICK:blah:

User9999
10-17-2007, 03:16 PM
He is in thehole in Kingston and I highly doubt they will approve him for marraige....he will never see the light of day again

pretty girl76
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Isnt Millhaven and Kingston the same?
that's good that they won't let him marry!! My pal is in millhaven and says Paul is there??? now i am confused.

dancinggal
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Millhaven and Kingston Pen are two separate prisons. However, they are both located in the city of Kingston.

pretty girl76
10-17-2007, 06:09 PM
so he is not at millhaven?

dancinggal
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
No, as LovinJus said he's in the hole in KP.

Waitin4BlueEyes
10-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Is he at Millhaven? I heard that there were many, many women writting him and he may even get married? SICK:blah:

Remenber that this is a site for support and information. Regardless of his crimes, some of his family could be PTO member's. How would you feel to read this about your loved one?

Sabbai
10-18-2007, 07:15 AM
You have to understand, Canadians tend to have a certain reaction when Paul/Karla are brought up.

You're right though, better to say nothing at all.

Linaka
11-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Im confused... who is this Paul Bernardo?

Bookworm1
12-18-2007, 05:39 AM
I agree with WAITIN4BLUEEYES. I think those types of comments are uncalled for. If people don't have anything nice to say, then they shouldn't say anything at all. Paul Bernardo is a human being, and every human being is deserving of love and compassion. If someone can find it in their heart to feel compassion for him, he/she shouldn't be scorned or condemned for it.

We ALL have a loved one in prison, and if someone were to speak that way about our loved one we would be outraged! This is a public forum, and you never know who might be reading your comments. This is supossed to be a support site for inmates families/loved ones. There are plenty of sites on the internet for those whose loved ones have been victims of violent crimes. You can go there to vent about Paul Bernardo, and what YOU feel that he deserves. Seeing that we are all in the same boat here, I don't know why anyone feels that we are in a position to judge.

There are people who have committed worse crimes than Mr Bernardo and Karla Homolka. Like Robert Pickton for example. But no one seems particularly interested in condemning HIM! I suposse the brutal murders of some drug addicted prostitutes just doesn't evoke the same level of outrage and condemnation, that the murder of two young, pretty white girls from middle class homes does.

Lisa

rottn
12-25-2007, 09:00 AM
This is a site for support. If you feel the need to make derogotory comments, then please go right on by the post. You might not like his crime, fair enough, but if another member were to call your loved one out on the boards, that would not be right either.
This bickering can stop here and now.

Infamous Mrs.M
02-01-2008, 03:22 AM
even though this question has been answered...people seemed to get off topic into slandering and ignoring the answer at hand.

Bernardo is in protective custody in a special handling unit at Kingston Penetentiary. Who knows who writes to him but anyone in the world is allowed to, it is up to the guards to decide if his mail is acceptable or not for him to be able to receive it. And he can get married if he is legally divorced from Karla, as can any other person of age. Unfortunately the law and crimes against it doesn't determine if someone can get married or not. Whether we think he should or shouldn't be allowed is a whole nother question.

spacecase77
05-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I might as well add/reiterate this (especially in the event his family IS reading).
The site is for support, as was stated multiple times, regardless of your opinion of someone's crimes, if you want to voice a negative opinion, there are plenty of other sites dedicated to that.
A majority of the people on this site are here because someone we love is convicted or accused of a crime, often against another person. I don't feel offended or embarrased by BW's post, and I definately don't think it was trivializing anything.
No one really has a right to judge, probably even less here, I would be angered and insensed if this happened to my loved one, as I would if they were the victims of most of our loved one's crimes/alleged crimes, but I wouldn't be on this site posting about it.
None of us were at ANY of these crimes, nor at the trials so we don't really know what the truth is, I say that about the other case that was brought up which I would rather not get started on, I guess what I'm trying to say again is no one has a right to judge.
I heard a saying once, I don't know if it exactly applies but it says that every time you point a finger at someone else, three point back at you. I always take this to mean every time I point a finger and judge, I am getting it back 3 times. I know that if someone were calling my friend's and family out on this site for their convicted and accused crimes, well, I know how I would feel.
I don't know the policies of locking or deleting threads on this board but I hope this one qualifies.

yzz aka Flygirlaa alias
05-03-2008, 05:14 PM
As always I am confused. When I complained of another poster who was calling names and has been calling names since she first arrived under this nic, I was told that unless I could prove the person she was calling names is a member then there is no harm in her name calling.

The same should apply here. Unless people can prove that Paul Bernardos family or loved ones are members here, then the same leadway should be allowed.

That is unless the rules are not applied evenly. And if that is the case, just say so and we can all move on.

spacecase77
05-03-2008, 08:13 PM
take your high horse and take it elsewhere.

It has nothing to do with me being on a high horse and everything to do with me knowing I have no right to pass judgement, regardless of whether mine, or my loved one's crimes or alleged crimes are somehow 'better' then others, yours included.

spacecase77
05-03-2008, 08:24 PM
yzz, I don't know what situation you're talking about, but I would think that it shouldn't matter whether it can be proven, no-one should be allowed to do it. Who would admit they visit this site if people are being discriminatory towards their loved one? I wouldn't, well I might because that's just how I get down, but someone who isn't as bullheaded as me probably wouldn't.

Raeanne
05-04-2008, 09:47 AM
I agree. I am also a Canadian and the name Paul Bernardo makes me sick as well as Robert Picton..(jeffrey Dawmer etc) Paul Bernardo preyed on young girls, he stole their innocence and he violated them in ways none of us could possibly imagine.. if we could- chances are we would not be here, and he took their life, in doing so, he took the life of all of those who knew and loved his victims. Robert Pickton preyed on women were lost and who never found there way in life..He tortured them, raped them and then fed their remains to his pigs... (not to mention gave the pork to his neigbours which is something they will never get over - could you?) How can any one find it in their heart to have compassion for these people. Tell it to the victims families,, better yet tell it to Kristine French, Leslie Mahaffie's parents.. ok.
We all suffer hardships in life, we all have problems... but we all dont kill innocent children and women.
Their last thought was one of fear...and it is not supposed to be like that.. Fear of the natural is normal, fear of a monster is not.
These girls died alone with no one there who loved them..All they wanted was to go home and Paul and Robert took that right away from them. They took away another human beings right to life. Would you feel the same way if it was your mother, daughter or sister perhaps?
I hope that one day the victims families can forgive those who harmed them and their family,, so that they can one day move on..
Call it judgement if you like,,, I call it reality... These monsters are where they belong and should stay until they die. They have proven that they can not be a part of society and that they are a danger to the public. They are getting what they deserve. For those of you who choose to show compassion for these monsters...good for you if you are able to do so.. but for some of us its to close to home.
I am a very caring person and I love people. Im not saying I would like to see them suffer in jail RE: Gang rapes, beatings etc, but I am saying they should remain there until they die.

spacecase77
05-04-2008, 11:01 AM
For me, this thread isn't about them, I have my own opinions on the issues but I keep them to myself because this is not where those belong or would be appropriate.
My concern is about their families and friends who may be on this site.

lilystacey
05-06-2008, 02:22 AM
My concern is about their families and friends who may be on this site.

I AGREE 100%

Let's be honest with ourselves for a minute, there are many in society who would judge you (and me) and your loved one, ie: being a convicted criminal, or the spouse of one.

So let's not throw stones... You don't choose your family and you can't change the past.

Lilystacey

Qwertyca
05-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Paul Bernardo is housed in a special cell that is two cells put together, specially built. With a Plexi glas front, etc. he showers, exercises, eats, does everything from that cell. he never leaves it.

He has a whole cell block to himself at Kingston Pen(KP). KP is now mostly Protective Custody(PC) anyways, it has one cell block that has Parole violators from gen pop but the rest of the prison is PC.

PC's are undesirable prisoners who would be almost instantly killed if they were in Gen. Pop. Rapists, rats, child molesters, people who have sex with animals or a variety of other sexual and child abuse offenses. KP houses the lowest of the low and he cannot even be among these inmates as even the child rapists would kill Bernardo.

That says something.

justus1
05-14-2008, 11:57 PM
I honestly do not know what part of "this is a support site for family and friends of the incarcerated" that is not understood here.

PTO is not a site that is about bashing anyone for any crime they may have committed. We are here to give support to the loved ones of those who are in prison, that's our purpose and that's our goal.

If someone can have compassion for this man, then accept that they can feel this, and move on. No one is asking or demanding that anyone feel compassion for him. It's been said over and over...the concern is for possible family members or friends who might frequent this site or even be members.

There are other sites that are designated for victims to vent their anger and pain at having been victimized. That would be more appropriate for this kind of conversation.

PTO is about support, and one thing it is definitely NOT about is naming criminals and bashing them for the crimes they committed. It's not a discussion board of that nature.

Please refrain from the negative comments, the bashing. As my grandmother always said, "if you can't find something nice to say, don't say anything at all". If this is a subject that is sensitive to you, then please pass it by.

DLM
05-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Well said and thank-you justus! Any more non-supportive posts will be removed and this thread will be closed.

Hostile
05-16-2008, 07:03 AM
How exactly does somebody go about writing to a Canadian prison inmate like Paul Bernardo?

justus1
05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
How exactly does somebody go about writing to a Canadian prison inmate like Paul Bernardo?

You would find out what prison he is in and get the address they use for inmate mail, his "Identification", that's usually a number, and that's it.

ros8008
06-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I would like to write to Paul Bernardo for several reasons, including for my schooling. I recently read that he is in a cell that is three paces long and an arms length wide, and it evoked sadness in me which I didn't understand. I have always and still cannot comprehend what he has done but yes everyone deserves forgiveness. How can someone be rehabilitated when they are not receiving any programming in jail. He has been there 16 years now, would he not be rehabilitated or close to it if they were providing him with programming, it doesn't make sense. Could someone please help me and explain how to write to him. How do you get his prison number? The address? Any information and can he even get mail? Anything would be appreciated.

justus1
06-18-2008, 09:36 PM
I would like to write to Paul Bernardo for several reasons, including for my schooling. I recently read that he is in a cell that is three paces long and an arms length wide, and it evoked sadness in me which I didn't understand. I have always and still cannot comprehend what he has done but yes everyone deserves forgiveness. How can someone be rehabilitated when they are not receiving any programming in jail. He has been there 16 years now, would he not be rehabilitated or close to it if they were providing him with programming, it doesn't make sense. Could someone please help me and explain how to write to him. How do you get his prison number? The address? Any information and can he even get mail? Anything would be appreciated.

I believe he is at Kingston. You would have to contact the facility and ask them if he can receive mail and how to reach him.

JRGF
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
I would simply write a letter to him, addressed to the Kingston Pen address. I am sure he would love to receive letters.

ChristinaL
06-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I AGREE 100%

Let's be honest with ourselves for a minute, there are many in society who would judge you (and me) and your loved one, ie: being a convicted criminal, or the spouse of one.

So let's not throw stones... You don't choose your family and you can't change the past.

Lilystacey

I agree, but Paul Bernardo is a different....... HE is different..

ChristinaL
06-21-2008, 06:13 PM
I would simply write a letter to him, addressed to the Kingston Pen address. I am sure he would love to receive letters.

There is right and wrong here !!!!!!!!

Get your head in the proper place before you write to this person........

Why the hell would anyone write to this guy ????????????

ros8008
06-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I too have always shared that thought, what the hell would be wrong with someone to have anything to do with him. However, my main reason is because of my schooling, and besides that, he is in prison for life, he can't hurt anyone anymore.

shoes
06-06-2009, 03:50 PM
I write to Paul all the time, I send him cards and no I dont have a fetish for concrete! I have read many books on his crimes and for some reason i hold compassion for him. Its deep in my bones and i cant let it go. he has never replied to me. In the beggining i wrote to him and sent him self addressed stamped enevlopes so it wouldnt cost him anything to write me back but i realze now that the prisons dont allow that so he just chooses not to write me back. for whatever reason. i work in emergency medicine, im well educated andi have lots of friends. My best friend is serving time for murder and he is furious with me for writing to paul but i feel i have to let him know that i care even though his crimes were horrific. who knows maybe he hasnt even recieved my letters.

ellencr25
06-10-2009, 05:14 PM
You are wrong about nobody here being at the trials. I was present at the trials! Although to judge here is the wrong forum, as there are hundreds of sites out there to deal with those issues.

brandy99
07-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Well as i have previsouly said i dont judge anyone including paul bernardo..i wish i could speak to him or even think about it without under going harsh remarks-that i have already thought about.His crimes arent what intriques me it's him..

brandy99
07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
well if he chooses to be married again i wish him all the luck in the world-but the number karla did on him i doubt it..she kinda left all of it on paul to pay for..anyway if he can see the light at the end i wish for him to go for it...yeah people will always remember the bad stuff that comes with hearing his name -but he can change that with the time he has now he can do anything..

brandy99
07-02-2009, 07:14 PM

is it sick becaue that what you think you have to say because of what he has done -?its a programmed response to say he is gross and sick-i on the other hand wonder what really happened because i believe there was more to it that what we read..Paul is human and before you even come back with it yes so were the victims..all i am saying don't be quick to judge..and in case you didnt know it he is in jail so just leave him be..

ChristinaL
07-05-2009, 03:13 PM
is it sick becaue that what you think you have to say because of what he has done -?its a programmed response to say he is gross and sick-i on the other hand wonder what really happened because i believe there was more to it that what we read..Paul is human and before you even come back with it yes so were the victims..all i am saying don't be quick to judge..and in case you didnt know it he is in jail so just leave him be..

sent u a pm

ChristinaL
07-05-2009, 03:20 PM

Who cares, where he is........ Too bad he's not on death row, and not up for drugging and torture and killing in the aftermath and maybe, cased in concrete to let the fukker sink...

Touche, to good for him....

ChristinaL
07-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Are you fuked in the head or what ???

Who cares where he is........

Too bad he's not on death row, HE SHOULD BE.....

He drugged and tortured and killed in the aftermath of his perverted games with his perverted wife, Karla Homolka....

He encassed one teenager in a cement casing ( in pieces, may I add) and threw her in a river and let her sink......

WAS that YOUR daughter.???? Where is your child ?? right now???????

YOU THINK ABOUT THAT THE NEXT TIME, YOUR CHILD DOES NOT COME HOME...

What, he has done and what he will be capable of doing in the future, (Hell, im scared to think) thats what you have to think about..........and be aware of that.......

Who cares, where he is. Let him burn ....... Death rows too good for this bastard.

esteli
07-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Somebody CLOSE THIS USELESS THREAD. Two years of this crap is not being supportive or helping anyone.

Canada does not have death row. Canada abolished the death penalty in 1976. :D See and the murder rate went down also. So there ya' go.

ChristinaL
07-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Somebody CLOSE THIS USELESS THREAD. Two years of this crap is not being supportive or helping anyone.

Canada does not have death row. Canada abolished the death penalty in 1976. :D See and the murder rate went down also. So there ya' go.

Send a pm to whomever started this useless thread...
They are the ones you need to speak to...

We all have a voice, no matter, if you like it or not.

tee.dot.q
07-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Additional name calling and disparaging remarks will not be tolerated. I am also a Canadian, In fact I lived in Scarborough at the time of the "Scarbrough rapes" that he was convicted of in addition to the French/Mahaffy murders. I also know the details that were sprayed all over the media and I understand people’s natural response.

That being said;

The justice system has imposed their sentence in a court of law. He has been judged already. He will spend the balance of his natural life behind bars. Judging is not the purpose of PTO, regardless of how heinous you believe the crime to be. Any grown person, who wishes to write to this individual, has the right to do so. You don't have to agree but you do have to treat fellow members with respect. And like a previous poster stated - You don't know whether or not his family or friends are here. If they are, they are not guilty by association and deserve a safe haven too.

Thank you

ChristinaL
07-09-2009, 08:10 PM

Send a pm to whomever started this usless thread.

We all have a voice, no matter............

PTO-92958
07-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes, indeed we all have a voice.
However, the voices I am hearing in this thread are violating several policies.

Namely:
PTO Community Purpose (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_policies_comm_purpose)
"Freedom of Speech" at PTO (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_policies_freedomofspee ch)
Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_policies_abuse)
Language & Profanity (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_policies_profanity)
Trolling & Inciting Conflict (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_policies_trolling)
Deleting Posts & Closing Threads (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_policies_delete_post)
Dispute Resolution (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_policies_dispute_resol ution)

This thread is almost 2 years old, and in that period of time, members were reminded of policy, and asked to remain on topic and non-confrontational, by not just one or two Staffers, but SIX!!! (Some of whom aren't even on Staff anymore...that's how long this circus has been going on.) Apparently the redirection, and continuance of observing and respecting policy, was not possible.
I, personally, think that being the seventh Staffer to admonish the posters of this thread and try fruitlessly to get the members to play nicely with others will be a waste of time. You've all had enough chances...I will be taking the extreme route, and last resort, and close this thread now.

And for future reference...
PTO is a support site for ALL who are affected by the correctional system...no matter the crime!
The inmate's family and loved ones may very likely be here to get support from PTO...and they'll see this?!
Enough already.

PTO-92958
07-09-2009, 09:18 PM
An afterthought:
In the future, it is not tolerated to have one member PMing another to harass them regarding their post in any given thread.
PMs are treated as any other open post on PTO.
All policies apply, so PMing someone with a nasty, snarky message will get you the same results and violations as posting them on the public board.
All the receiving member has to do is forward the PM to Staff...and it's as good as being posted in a thread as far as we're concerned.

Also, DO NOT direct or order Staff to take action regarding any threads or posts.
Posting "Close his thread", no matter how many times you say it, will not help your cause one bit. Notify Staff via PM and express your concern.
Treat Staff kindly, as you would like to be treated yourself. The ultimate decision on any necessary actions is up to Staff, not the member.
Your voice will be heard far more clearly if you speak to us...not shout.
Thank you.