View Full Version : New way to put money on the books

PBslilsister
11-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Hi,
I saw on the LA County Inmate Search website that they are now allowing money to be put on the books via credit card over the internet but I was unable to find the link to get to where you need to go. Has anyone used this? Has it worked out o.k.? Where is it? Thanks!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
www.lasd.org (http://www.lasd.org)
just type your inmates info and it will give you the option to deposit money. = )

cat805
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
You should also be able to use jaypay.com....

PBslilsister
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Jay pay doesn't work for LA County Jails. I did figure it out though. You have to go to the locator page and enter the info for your person, press search and when the persons name comes up there is a tab at the top of the screen that says Deposit Inmate Money. Currently operating on limited hours only.

sunmoon728
11-07-2007, 10:51 PM
i think this is a good idea. :thumbsup:

barelybreathing
11-09-2007, 12:10 AM
I used it today and it shows on the card already, I'll know tomorrow or Saturday if he got it ok. I'll stop back and let you know, but it only took 5 minutes.

iluvmybebe
11-09-2007, 01:48 AM
They only let you deposit 50$,that kinda sucks because i put 100$ a week.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
11-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Damn it....me too!! Good to know!!I haven't tried yet so I didn't realize there is a limit. Thanks!!:p

momlovesuson
12-01-2007, 04:58 PM
HI Ya'll, can ayone tell me how to get to the page to send money to a inmate thru this jaypay thing???Please i need to know now asap.
thank ya'll:confused:

sunmoon728
12-01-2007, 05:21 PM
is he in county or state? if he is in county, go to the LASD.org, then imate locator and type in his info. on the lasd site it has only certain days and hours. and if he is in state, go to jpay.com and put his info in as well. i hope i was able to help.

HI Ya'll, can ayone tell me how to get to the page to send money to a inmate thru this jaypay thing???Please i need to know now asap.

Imani
12-01-2007, 05:43 PM

If he is in County? All you have to do is, type the name in the search box then click on the booking# by the name on top there is a tap that says Deposit money for this Inmate or something like that click on it and fallow the directions.

momlovesuson
12-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Thank ya'll, I have tried the jaypay.com but it don't take me no where to do anything. am i so stuptd i am doing it wrong.? I really need help to do this . i am outta time almost.

momlovesuson
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
oh yeah he is in state recieving getting ready to b moved wednesday

Imani
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
oh yeah he is in state recieving getting ready to b moved wednesday

Here is the link to send money

http://www.jpay.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx

You have to click the box that says first time user and establish and account. You will need his CDC # if he's in State Prison don't worry if he's in reception the money will fallow him all you need his his CDC#

Imani
12-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Thank ya'll, I have tried the jaypay.com but it don't take me no where to do anything. am i so stuptd i am doing it wrong.? I really need help to do this . i am outta time almost.

That's because you went to the wrong website if you entered jaypay.com Here is the correct link. Plus,you're not stupid you just didn't know. So,stop calling yourself that....And no, you're not out of time.

http://www.jpay.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx

mrandmrsjones72
12-03-2007, 04:34 PM
make sure u allow a few days for it to clear, i did it a couple days before store like i used to go downtown and sure enough it didn't post in time for his store. it's on there now though lol!:thumbsup:

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey ladies!! Just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone was trying to deposit!! :thumbsup:

Here's the message on the inmate locater page!!!:p

The online inmate deposit system is undergoing maintenance at this time. We hope to have the system back up in January 2008. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

PBslilsister
01-07-2008, 10:00 PM
The system is now down indefinitely.....

luckys gal
05-24-2008, 02:41 AM
I think Western Union now has a link to send money to inmates. There is a drop down list of all the facilites that will accept payment to inmates accounts.

PBslilsister
06-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Not available for Los Angeles County Jail or Twin Towers. :( Too bad....

PinkyStar
09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey All~

I know this thread is a little old, but I'm new here and just going thru gathering info and stuff.

You can do the same thing for Madera County by going to the Madera County Corrections website (madera-county . com/corrections). When you click on the "Inmate Account" link it will take you to touchpaydirect (payments. touchpaydirect. net) (I can't post URLs yet because I haven't posted enough times... sorry)

You can access the commissary and send iCare packages (they can get 1 per week) and you can access their account. For MCDOC, $10 is the minimum and $200 is the max.

Monterey, Sacramento and San Benito County were also on the California list for the touchpay site.

With me being in Oregon and him being down there, I know I was very happy when I found out I could add to his books online.

Valerie

HisMrs
09-04-2008, 04:01 PM
i believe its www jPay com i had to do it like that or they wont let me post a URL.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
i believe its www jPay com i had to do it like that or they wont let me post a URL.

Jpay is only for State prisons babe not county. For LA county you have either drive down there or send a money order. The online system is completely gone. Good luck!! :thumbsup:

jc_forever-
09-04-2008, 08:24 PM
there is a new way to put money on books threw the internet. the last time i visited my man at wayside (july 6th 2008) they were passing out flyers. i forget the website though.

moeswifey
09-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Ok ladies here it is, I was up at Wayside this weekend and there was a guy passing out a flyer for a website that allows you to put money on inmates books for the LA county and Ventura county jails.Here is the website www.money4inmates.com (http://www.money4inmates.com). They do charge you a $10.00 fee to do it but that is less then what it costs to drive down to Twin Towers !! Hope this helps I used it last night and it was very easy.