View Full Version : Parole Housing Approval Help!

avesmom
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
My brother is supposed to be parolled in 3 weeks. We just found out today that my dad's house was denied, because there is a park next to it. Does anyone know the rules of getting a housing site approved? Or does anyone have a phone number to somewhere that I can find out the info? We are desperate... 3 weeks and counting. thanks!

chris idoc
03-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I am going to take for granted that the denial is based on the fact that your son has to register as a sex offender. A sex offender may not live within 500 feet of a school, playground, daycare center or anywhere where children under 18 congregate. Illinois also mandates that a sex offender cannot reside in a residence where anyone under 18 lives, regardless if the victim was under 18. A new law was passed last year that also states only one sex offender per address, so if an apartment complex has 24 units and a sex offender already lives in one then a parolee may not move there. It has become very difficult as you are aware to place sex offenders and many are being violated prior to being released due to not having an approved host site. Furthermore, all sex offenders are placed on electronic detention for the duration of their parole term. I hope this helps. Chirs

avesmom
03-03-2008, 07:39 AM
Chris do you know if there is a process we can follow to have my dad's house re-evalutaed?

chris idoc
03-03-2008, 09:11 AM
There is no process to have a host site re-evaluated if your brother has to register as a sex offender and there is a park within 500 feet of the property line. Parole cannot approve a sex offender to live within 500 feet of a park as it violates state law.