View Full Version : East Texas Treatment Facility (ISF) Texas Prison

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

blackrockduo
04-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I thought I'd post some info I found out about the East Texas Treatment Facility my fiance is at since it's so new.

Apparently they have people for SafP, DWI offenders, and parole/probation offenders there- there may be more programs- not sure. My man is in with the DWI folks and they've been sending a lot of the DWI offenders there. It is privately owned and they have group counseling sessions for a good portion of the day. They also offer a class that the DPS requires before they can get their license back (which is rumored to cost hundreds of dollars out of jail). Visiting hours varies depending on what program they're in. For the DWI guys it's 8AM to 2PM on Saturdays and Sundays. They've got good food from what I hear- much better than some other facilities. Money for books still goes through the Inmate Trust Fund (at least for DWI people- not sure about the others.) Online my fiance is listed as being at the OLD East Texas ISF in Longview. I emailed TDC and they said they'd see about contacting someone to fix the error. The REAL address is in Henderson: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/xq.htm
(The Longview facility is just a regular jail now.)
If you look up directions online- the last bit of the directions is a little off (or maybe I just couldn't find the street) but if you call them they've got friendly people answering the phones to give you directions.

That's about it for now- if I think of something else I'll post it. I just know there will be others coming along with loved ones in this unit so I wanted to share.

'Nite everyone!

blackrockduo
05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Just so everyone knows- if your loved one is coming up for parole and is in this facility, they WILL be transferred to Huntsville for release. The people at the facility weren't too sure about it when I called them because it's so new and they haven't had any releases yet- but the parole office said it would show the location online when he got his exact date, and sure enough it's Huntsville.
Ciao!

boocaw
05-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey thanks for the info. My man is in the DWI's there also. He has been there for about a month now. You have answered some of my questions.

Tirene9
06-19-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey Thanks for the info. My brother just went in there. It will help us to know its a good place.

coll2844
06-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey, is your brother in the Baten ISF unit??

sharilynR
07-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Just to let everyone know they have started to release people from this facility. From what I hear the gas prices have alot to do with this. I saw 2 people released when I was there last weekend,:)

babycakes13
07-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have information on the SAFP program there in East Texas ISF?

indymatthews
10-06-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm hoping that my dad will be sent to Henderson for the DWI program. He's in Huntsville right now, having just been moved from Michael Unit last week. He's supposedly being moved to a treatment facility, but they won't say where and I was just wondering if anyone had any idea how they picked which facility? I'm hoping it's based on there home location - so it's closer for family, but that may be too much to ask.
My dad also heard a rumor that the private company that runs it sells cell phones to the offenders. Anyone heard that, or had experience with it?

tabu71
10-11-2008, 03:50 PM
my boyfriend is currently in safp in henderson and no they do not sell cellphones to the inmates . when i went for my first visit i saw a family there to pick someone up . my boyfriend said that with all the overcrowding and such at the halfway houses some are being released to go home . there is also talk of putting ankle monitors on them so more can go home than to halfway houses . we lost some halfway houses due to ike and so many are scheduled to be released they are trying to find alternatives. hope this helps

fancyrebel
02-05-2009, 10:32 PM
My son was just transfered to Henderson on DWI. Can anyone tell me about it? Is it a privately owned unit. And can you set up for them to call you like at Mineral Wells?Thanks so much

shymomof3boystx
02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
I wrote yesterday..not sure what I am doing wrong. I cant find my original posts/questions....can someone help me?

shymomof3boystx
02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Can anyone help me? I posted some questions yesterday about 2 ISF units in Texas. I cant find them now..or any replies.... :(

fancyrebel
02-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Can anyone help me? I posted some questions yesterday about 2 ISF units in Texas. I cant find them now..or any replies.... :(
I am kind of new to this site also. did you post them here?

shymomof3boystx
02-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I have posted them several places...so hard to find them....anyway, thanks for answering..i guess i did something right!!

So, do you know anything about the ISF programs here? We are preparing for the worst..of course. He has heard from 30 days to 6 months....but he's not going to SafP.
Ugh...I dont know about any of this stuff. Wish my brain could've told my heart to run...(it did)...but I love the guy. So, any help from anyone would be so helpful!

fancyrebel
02-06-2009, 09:24 PM
I have posted them several places...so hard to find them....anyway, thanks for answering..i guess i did something right!!

So, do you know anything about the ISF programs here? We are preparing for the worst..of course. He has heard from 30 days to 6 months....but he's not going to SafP.
Ugh...I dont know about any of this stuff. Wish my brain could've told my heart to run...(it did)...but I love the guy. So, any help from anyone would be so helpful!

I am sorry I don't know anything about the ISF programs but I am trying to find out.
I will post what i find out. It seems they are not too active on this particular board.

fancyrebel
02-16-2009, 11:02 AM
I don't understand why no one post on this forum!!

MisinMyBro
02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
My brother just transfered here from Huntsville. He's doing the DWI program. I believe it's a 6 month program. I live in Florida so am trying to help find a half way house for him when he gets out. Anyone know of any?

Thanks!

GraysonMom
02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Misin, here is a link that will provide more information on Henderon's DWI program. Hope this helps a little and God bless as always. http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308395&page=107 Page 108 has additional information as well.

MisinMyBro
02-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Geez, where is everyone? Am I the only one that has someone @ East Texas? Does anyone have a number I can call to find out some info on my brother?

GraysonMom
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
Misin here's the address and phone number. I know of two members who has loved ones there. Hopefully they'll be along soon. Here's the phone number/address. Hope this hleps and God bless as always.

900 Industrial Drive, Henderson, Texas 75653
(903) 655-3300

Also here's the link for the inmate locator site. You'll have to enable pop-ups if they are blocked. It may take awhile (sometimes) to pull up his information. Here's the link: http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm

MisinMyBro
02-24-2009, 09:29 AM
What kind of info will they tell me if I call? My brother is there so they should tell me something right? I'm a newbie so sorry about all the questions.

GraysonMom
02-24-2009, 01:06 PM
Misin they'll ask you for his TDCJ#. Just ask them any questions you have. Fancyrebel and Justlike should be along soon. The other members said they were nice and polite when you call. Hope this helps and God bless as always. Oh and would you mind posting any info you obtain, thanks in advance. :)

fancyrebel
02-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Misin they'll ask you for his TDCJ#. Just ask them any questions you have. Fancyrebel and Justlike should be along soon. The other members said they were nice and polite when you call. Hope this helps and God bless as always. Oh and would you mind posting any info you obtain, thanks in advance. :)
Hi Mismybro, My son is in east texas treatment facility. I see graysonmom has already given you the info. And like she said ask them anything you would like to know. my son told me he could use the phone after he has been there a month. he has been there since 2/5 and so far no call. But I did get to have a visit. everyone was very nice to me when I went and called. It is a new place started in 2004. There is Ac which will be good in Texas Hot Humid summer. My son is also in the DWI class adn he works in the commisary. He say it is nice except he doesn't like the food LOL God Bless You and if I can help you let me know.:thumbsup:

MisinMyBro
02-24-2009, 08:08 PM
My brother has been there since Feb 12 I believe. Before that he was in Hunstville and Bexar. In his letter he did say that they have AC which will definately be nice for summer. I wish I lived closer so that I could visit him.

Thanks girls for all the info. I appreciate it! Have a wondeful evening!

Crysla
03-18-2009, 12:32 PM
My husband (common law) has been there just over a month....DWI program. He says it's 6 months, and so far everyone who has gone thru program the whole way has been released per what they have been told. It is nice there as I have visited, with contact. They do accept common law certificates. We set ours up when he first got to Huntsville the first time, so they accepted that affadavit for contact. They said you have to go thru the mailroom to set up if you are not. I don't exactly know what that means.....lol. They do have AC. They gave them more pillows and blankets than on any other Unit he's been on. More food also. The address and phone number I was given for correspondence differs from the one on the tdcj website. I'll post below. They do qualify for phone calls after 30 days but they are very slow to get them a pin number to even use the phone to call. There is a man named Mr. Elliott you can check with about any phone issues. Bill said do NOT turn in a pin request until you are eligible. It will be tossed. Yes, it is a pre-pay service as far as I know. I don't have a home phone so don't know if you can just call straight to one. I'll post the number below. The people there have all been very nice. Visitation is very relaxed. LOTS of vending machines and room. Restrooms are IN visitation room. I think they really are attempting to create a rehab, we want you to get better type atmosphere. I have heard they are trying to change to releasing from there vs the Walls unit, but I don't know if that is true or not. If you visit, get there early. The people here obviously have loved ones that they visit so people arrive early. Visitation for DWI is 8-2 pm Saturday and Sunday. I think phones are on 6:30pm -10:30 pm Friday and 7:30 am to 10:30 pm S & S. But don't quote me as I haven't actually gotten a phone call yet. There is no car search into parking. You have an outside gate to buzz thru to facility door. Check in, then shoes off/walk thru the metal detector/ pat down then go into visitation. Hand the guard at the very back of the room your paper and they will assign you a table. It took about 30 minutes for Bill to arrive. If you have a chance to do any of their counseling family sessions DO NOT buy snacks until you know if you will be in the class or not as there is NO FOOD in the classrooms. Just a metal detector walk-thru on way out....no pat down. If you visit, I would call for GOOD Directions the first time as the sign at the road is a little confusing as the area that facility is in is industrial. Mrs. Hinch is the unit Parole Officer and I was advised to talk with her occasionally so she knows your loved one has support as her input weighs a lot on release decisions to the board. I have not been able to contact her yet. It is the Palestine Board. I hope this helps some of you.

Crysla

East Texas Treatment Facility
P.O. Box 8000
Henderson, Tx 75653

903-657-8048

Pre-paid phone call set up:972-964-7010

fancyrebel
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
My husband (common law) has been there just over a month....DWI program. He says it's 6 months, and so far everyone who has gone thru program the whole way has been released per what they have been told. It is nice there as I have visited, with contact. They do accept common law certificates. We set ours up when he first got to Huntsville the first time, so they accepted that affadavit for contact. They said you have to go thru the mailroom to set up if you are not. I don't exactly know what that means.....lol. They do have AC. They gave them more pillows and blankets than on any other Unit he's been on. More food also. The address and phone number I was given for correspondence differs from the one on the tdcj website. I'll post below. They do qualify for phone calls after 30 days but they are very slow to get them a pin number to even use the phone to call. There is a man named Mr. Elliott you can check with about any phone issues. Bill said do NOT turn in a pin request until you are eligible. It will be tossed. Yes, it is a pre-pay service as far as I know. I don't have a home phone so don't know if you can just call straight to one. I'll post the number below. The people there have all been very nice. Visitation is very relaxed. LOTS of vending machines and room. Restrooms are IN visitation room. I think they really are attempting to create a rehab, we want you to get better type atmosphere. I have heard they are trying to change to releasing from there vs the Walls unit, but I don't know if that is true or not. If you visit, get there early. The people here obviously have loved ones that they visit so people arrive early. Visitation for DWI is 8-2 pm Saturday and Sunday. I think phones are on 6:30pm -10:30 pm Friday and 7:30 am to 10:30 pm S & S. But don't quote me as I haven't actually gotten a phone call yet. There is no car search into parking. You have an outside gate to buzz thru to facility door. Check in, then shoes off/walk thru the metal detector/ pat down then go into visitation. Hand the guard at the very back of the room your paper and they will assign you a table. It took about 30 minutes for Bill to arrive. If you have a chance to do any of their counseling family sessions DO NOT buy snacks until you know if you will be in the class or not as there is NO FOOD in the classrooms. Just a metal detector walk-thru on way out....no pat down. If you visit, I would call for GOOD Directions the first time as the sign at the road is a little confusing as the area that facility is in is industrial. Mrs. Hinch is the unit Parole Officer and I was advised to talk with her occasionally so she knows your loved one has support as her input weighs a lot on release decisions to the board. I have not been able to contact her yet. It is the Palestine Board. I hope this helps some of you.

Crysla

East Texas Treatment Facility
P.O. Box 8000
Henderson, Tx 75653

903-657-8048

Pre-paid phone call set up:972-964-7010

Hi My son is at ETF and it is a much better place then the others he has been. The phone service is good and you can have it set to your cell phone. It comes as a collect call but is not charged that way. You have to put a min. of $ 50.00 on it and they call you when it is getting low.iYou are charged once a month of 2.49 then it is 2.70 for the first minute and .20 a minute after that. They can talk a max. of 15 minutes. So it figures out to be 5.50 for 15 minutes.

MisinMyBro
03-30-2009, 09:46 PM
How do you get the phone set up?

fancyrebel
03-31-2009, 10:19 AM
How do you get the phone set up?
Call this number 972-964-7010 and you can set it up over the phone.God Bless and keep us posted.;)

MisinMyBro
04-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Sorry but I'm totally lost. So if I call this # they will set my brother up with a prepaid phone card?

fancyrebel
04-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry but I'm totally lost. So if I call this # they will set my brother up with a prepaid phone card?
Yes they will set it up for him and you. You will get a pin # so you can call and find out how much is still on your account. You ahve to put a min. of $50.00 on it.:cool:

MisinMyBro
04-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I wonder if it's cheaper if he just calls my home phone collect since I'm in Florida. I know calling collect can get expensive but it may be by best choice

fancyrebel
04-06-2009, 10:30 AM
I wonder if it's cheaper if he just calls my home phone collect since I'm in Florida. I know calling collect can get expensive but it may be by best choice
It cou;d be cheaper. I have no knowledge of being out of atsae. I gues you would just have to check into it. Call your phone compny and ask them.Calling collect is expensive but might not be in this case.:thumbsup:

MisinMyBro
04-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm getting ready to send a money order to my bro and was wondering if I put his TDCJ # or his SID#. I can't remember. If I'm not miskaten on one of the forms he sent me I think it has a spot for his TDCJ#. Is that correct?

Thanks!

MisinMyBro
04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
I think I figured it out. Please bare with me ladies never done this before

GraysonMom
04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm getting ready to send a money order to my bro and was wondering if I put his TDCJ # or his SID#. I can't remember. If I'm not miskaten on one of the forms he sent me I think it has a spot for his TDCJ#. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Hi Misin, you need to put his TDCJ # on money orders, mail, western union etc. How have you been, I hope well. Did you get your phone set up so he could call you, I hope so. Just dropping by to say hello. Hope all is well and blessings as always.

MisinMyBro
04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Misin, you need to put his TDCJ # on money orders, mail, western union etc. How have you been, I hope well. Did you get your phone set up so he could call you, I hope so. Just dropping by to say hello. Hope all is well and blessings as always.

No I haven't gotten the phone set up yet. I found out that we have a block on our phone so no collect calls are allowed. I called the company and they said that they don't allow collect calls. We have our phone through our cable people. Anyway, they told me that I have to get in touch with the prison and ask them what phone system they use for inmates. They also told me to try MCI and they can help me out in arranging something where we can get collect calls.

I've been good. Thanks for asking. How have you been? Oh do you know how late I can call the jail to find out information? I'm pretty sure my brother can use the phone now.

GraysonMom
04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Misin, I always call before 5 P.M. I don't know why...I just assumed it was better to call from 8 to 5. They should answer the phones anytime though. Did you see these postings on the new phone system in Texas. Just in case I'm posting the link. It's the top 3 stickies on the page. Maybe they could help you figure it out if you call. I've been doing ok...just busy at work and all. Glad to hear from you and hope you get the kinks worked out on your phone. I know your anxous to hear from him. Hang in there and blessings as always. Oh here's the link...lol..almost forgot it. Right now I'm using Evercom (CBS) and CCH (Cons call home). My local company is Verizon but they wouldn't allow all the collect calls either.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1381

MisinMyBro
04-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I didn't see ISF on the list to get phones. Am I missing something? What unit?

GraysonMom
04-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Misin I don't see it either. I looked for Henderson, ETFF, and ISF. I would call the unit and ask them. If you find out anything let us know. Maybe Fancy knows? I'll see if I can find it, I'll post if I see anything.

MisinMyBro
04-16-2009, 01:26 PM
The facility just left a message on my machine and said that due to a block on my phone, someone at ISF can't get a hold of me. They told me to call this 888 number so I did. Anyone heard of CTI? Anyway, according to them, if I set up a prepaid account today before 6pm then my brother will be able to call me. I thought that it took 2 weeks or so. He also said that since my bro is at ISF, they can buy calling cards at the commisary. Anyone know?

MisinMyBro
04-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I called the # Crysla put up and set up everything so hopefully he can call me tomorrow evening. I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work then I'll cancel and go with someone else.

GraysonMom
04-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I called the # Crysla put up and set up everything so hopefully he can call me tomorrow evening. I'll give it a try and if it doesn't work then I'll cancel and go with someone else.

Thanks Misin, it'll help others who are out of State. Hope it works and you get to speak to your brother. Keep us posted if it works or not and blessings as always.

fancyrebel
04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks Misin, it'll help others who are out of State. Hope it works and you get to speak to your brother. Keep us posted if it works or not and blessings as always.
Sorry I have not been on lately. Misin, Here is a number you might call 972-964-7010. I have this service and my son calls my cell phone collect( Not charged for a collect call) You have to put a min. of 50.00 on a debit or credit card. They call you when getting low on funds. Each call is 2.80 once a month . I get 5 or 6 calls on the 50.00. I think this is right.It is Conversant Technogloies. And their web site is www. cticorrections.com
I hope this helps you. God Bless You, Linda:thumbsup:

Hardheaded
04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Im new to prision talk and am not quite sure if this is where I ask But my question is about the women where are their units at in texas and how do you know that they will go to ISF?

fancyrebel
04-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi hardheaded, welcome to the forum. I was also new to this back in August. Here is a place you might try. It is the TDCJ website and it gives which one are for women. I hope this helps and if I can help you any other way feel free. If I can't maybe I can put you in touch with someone who can.God Bless you, Linda
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/unitdirectory/all.htm
;)
"There are three things that will endure-faith, hope, and love-and the greatest of these is love. "
1 Corinthians 13:13, NLT

BillM
04-24-2009, 10:24 AM
:confused: I hope I'm doing this right since it is the first time I have posted a question here. My wife is being transferred to the East Texas ISF on May 1st and I'm trying to get some qustions answered so we know what to expect.
1. What will she be able to take with her from the Harris County Jail? Bible, pictures, letters, stamps, hygienes, whites, hot pot, etc.????

2. In ISF when will she be able to make phone calls? Parts of this post say min 30 days others seem to indicate when she gets there. I know these things change so just trying to get the current situation.

3. Her parole officer said 60 to 180 days. When does her actual time get determined?

4. I was told by an ISF coordinator that her time started when the PB made a decision 4/7. Her parole officer said when she signed 3/22. She was booked into Harris County on 2/3. What is the correct date?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bill M

fancyrebel
04-24-2009, 05:01 PM
:confused: I hope I'm doing this right since it is the first time I have posted a question here. My wife is being transferred to the East Texas ISF on May 1st and I'm trying to get some qustions answered so we know what to expect.
1. What will she be able to take with her from the Harris County Jail? Bible, pictures, letters, stamps, hygienes, whites, hot pot, etc.????

2. In ISF when will she be able to make phone calls? Parts of this post say min 30 days others seem to indicate when she gets there. I know these things change so just trying to get the current situation.

3. Her parole officer said 60 to 180 days. When does her actual time get determined?

4. I was told by an ISF coordinator that her time started when the PB made a decision 4/7. Her parole officer said when she signed 3/22. She was booked into Harris County on 2/3. What is the correct date?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bill M
Hi Bill and Welcome to the forum. My son is at ETTF. He is taking the six month DWI course. I don't know know about the 60-180 days. I do know that my son is takinga 6 month course. My son's time was from when he got sent to prison. It will be a year in August and the course will end then also. Is your wifes first offense? That may play a part also.
I cannot answer some of your questions but will try. As for what she can take. I am not sure. My son got to take most of his personal hiegene products with him and his books, such.
As far as phone calls they have to be there 30 days at ETTF . You will have to set up a phone call service. I use CTI it is about the cheapest. The number is 972-964-7010. You will need a credit or debit card. And it is a min. og $50.00 each time. We get about 6 calls for the 50.00. Each call is 15 minutes. You can also have it come to your cell phone.It will come a s acollect call but not charges as such.
I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions just ask an someone will help you. God Bless you and your wife.:)

MisinMyBro
04-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi Everyone and welcome to new comers. I got my phone set up last week and still waiting for a call from my brother. I wrote to let him know so hopefully I'll get a call soon. I'm hoping for this weekend. Have a safe weekend everyone!

fancyrebel
04-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Hi Everyone and welcome to new comers. I got my phone set up last week and still waiting for a call from my brother. I wrote to let him know so hopefully I'll get a call soon. I'm hoping for this weekend. Have a safe weekend everyone!
Wonderful I am glad you got it set up. I am sur he will call as soon as he can. God Bless AS Always, Linda:thumbsup:

MisinMyBro
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Wonderful I am glad you got it set up. I am sur he will call as soon as he can. God Bless AS Always, Linda:thumbsup:

Thanks! Ok the place where I had this set up I think is the same place you went too. They told me to check in every week to see if I had enough on my account. They said I call or go online. I'd rather go online. Since my brother hasn't called me yet, I should still have the $50 on my account right? I tried to go online but there is no area where I can check my account. Theres only an area for me to add more money. Where do I need to go?
My brother still hasn't called so I'm getting a little worried. I sent him a letter as well as some money and told him to keep checking the phone and that I was going to get something arranged so that he can call me. I'm going nuts over here in Florida. Just wish I was closer. Hope you all had a great weekend.

fancyrebel
04-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks! Ok the place where I had this set up I think is the same place you went too. They told me to check in every week to see if I had enough on my account. They said I call or go online. I'd rather go online. Since my brother hasn't called me yet, I should still have the $50 on my account right? I tried to go online but there is no area where I can check my account. Theres only an area for me to add more money. Where do I need to go?
My brother still hasn't called so I'm getting a little worried. I sent him a letter as well as some money and told him to keep checking the phone and that I was going to get something arranged so that he can call me. I'm going nuts over here in Florida. Just wish I was closer. Hope you all had a great weekend.
HI Misinmybro, I also could not find a place where you can check your account. But if your Bro has not called then you should still have the money in there. I will tell that they have been on lock down. So that maybe why he has not called. They only turn the phones one at certain times, Like at night. Remember you also have a time change. You may just have to call or send them an e-mail info@cticorrections.com (info@cticorrections.com)
To speak to a representitive about our products call us at 972-964-7010
I pray you hear from real soon. God bless You As always, Linda:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Misin, when my Mom expired last Oct. his unit was on lock-down. I was very concerned about how he was coping with the loss. ReggiesLady gave me some good advice which worked: Call the unit (request to speak to the Chaplin)and tell them you haven't heard from your brother and would they do a "Welfare Check" on him. I would also tell them I live out of State.They actually checked on my son for me. You might as them to relay to him that he can call you now. I hope you hear from him soon and keep us posted. Blessings to all as always.

:) Hi Fancy, I hope you and your family are doing well. Thanks for all the good information as well. :thumbsup:

fancyrebel
04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
HI Donna yes I am doing OK. Had a real good visit with JR. Just taking one day at a time.We just broke one time during visit, talking about Greg.We did find out that he passed away from congetive heart failure. So now I can have closure about that. We had thought he accidentally took too much insulin.
Misinmybro, That is a very good idea about calling the chaplain. That is what I did when my son passed away. His name is Chaplian Blizzard, just like the Dairy Queen one. He is very nice and compassinate. Alos they just got off lock downFriday night. They were on it from Monday until Friday night. So he ccouldn't have called then. God Bless as Always. Let us know when you hear from him.:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
HI Donna yes I am doing OK. Had a real good visit with JR. Just taking one day at a time.We just broke one time during visit, talking about Greg.We did find out that he passed away from congetive heart failure. So now I can have closure about that. We had thought he accidentally took too much insulin.
Misinmybro, That is a very good idea about calling the chaplain. That is what I did when my son passed away. His name is Chaplian Blizzard, just like the Dairy Queen one. He is very nice and compassinate. Alos they just got off lock downFriday night. They were on it from Monday until Friday night. So he ccouldn't have called then. God Bless as Always. Let us know when you hear from him.:thumbsup:

Linda I'm glad you found out what happened. On my visit to see my son (after Mom passed) it was hard. I had a lump in my throat the whole time. She was like a second Mother to him. Hope your hubsand has slowed down on his work hours. Prayers continue and please keep us in your prayer.

Misin, hope you hear something soon from your brother. I know your concerned. Keep us posted and I hope you hear from him soon. Blessings as always.

MisinMyBro
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I just called the Chaplain and he said that he would check on him and if anything is wrong, he will let me know. They were on lockdown but it was just a normal routine thing. So hopefully he can call me this coming weekend. Thanks ladies!:grouphug:

BillM
04-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi Bill and Welcome to the forum. My son is at ETTF. He is taking the six month DWI course. I don't know know about the 60-180 days. I do know that my son is takinga 6 month course. My son's time was from when he got sent to prison. It will be a year in August and the course will end then also. Is your wifes first offense? That may play a part also.
I cannot answer some of your questions but will try. As for what she can take. I am not sure. My son got to take most of his personal hiegene products with him and his books, such.
As far as phone calls they have to be there 30 days at ETTF . You will have to set up a phone call service. I use CTI it is about the cheapest. The number is 972-964-7010. You will need a credit or debit card. And it is a min. og $50.00 each time. We get about 6 calls for the 50.00. Each call is 15 minutes. You can also have it come to your cell phone.It will come a s acollect call but not charges as such.
I hope this helps you. If you have any other questions just ask an someone will help you. God Bless you and your wife.:)

Hi Fancy Rebel;

Thank you so much for the information. The phone call system sounds a lot like what I have set up now for the Harris County Jail. The system there is CBS correctional billing systems. When can they make phone calls (weekends, evenings, etc.)?

No, this is not my wifes first offence but it is the first time she has been sentenced to TDCJ. The others have been county or state but it will still probably impact the 60 to 180 days.

Did your son go to East Texas from a county jail or from another TDCJ facility? I wonder if it impacts what can be taken to the East Texas Unit?? Did he have a mug or bowl that he was able to take with him?

Thanks again!
Bill

fancyrebel
04-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi Fancy Rebel;

Thank you so much for the information. The phone call system sounds a lot like what I have set up now for the Harris County Jail. The system there is CBS correctional billing systems. When can they make phone calls (weekends, evenings, etc.)?

No, this is not my wifes first offence but it is the first time she has been sentenced to TDCJ. The others have been county or state but it will still probably impact the 60 to 180 days.

Did your son go to East Texas from a county jail or from another TDCJ facility? I wonder if it impacts what can be taken to the East Texas Unit?? Did he have a mug or bowl that he was able to take with him?

Thanks again!
Bill
Hi Bill, yes I had CBS when he was in other units. He started in Tennessee Colony, then went to Bonham for a while, (we thought he would be there longer) then he went to Hunstville in transfer,then to Mineral Wells, then back to Huntsville and now is in Henderson. I am so glad he is settled and we believe when he finishes the DWI class he will be released. I know he said he was sure glad to finally get somewhere for a while anyway. He started out in Henderson County jail and was there two weeks. Then into the TDCJ system. It is hard and he never knew when he was going to be moved, . He has been in since last August 15. And if he has to serve what he calls short way it will be Dec. when he is reIeased. He told me the other night his shortway had been moved to Nov. .I usually found him quicker then he could get a letter out. I found him on the TDCJ website, Here is the link in case you do not have it.
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender_information.ht
You just enter her name and TDCJ #
As far as the calls he has called me during the week and on weekends.. They just turn the phones at certain times and the inmates never know when they are going to be on.
God Bless You, Linda:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
04-27-2009, 11:43 PM
I just called the Chaplain and he said that he would check on him and if anything is wrong, he will let me know. They were on lockdown but it was just a normal routine thing. So hopefully he can call me this coming weekend. Thanks ladies!:grouphug:

Misin, that's good. I know you worry about him. Keep us posted, I'm sure he's ok, but I always worry when we don't hear from my son. Keep us posted and hang in there. I hope he calls soon and Blessings to all as always.

Hi Linda..:)
Welcome to the Texas Forum BillM, we are glad you joined us.

BillM
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Well Shannon (my Wife) was transferred today. Right now I am in info limbo since she is not showning up on the TDCJ site yet but is gone out of the Harris County Jail.

How does mail need to be addressed and do I send it to the physical address (900 Industrial Blvd) or the PO Box 8000 address? Do I put the name of the unit and then her name and tdcj # or just her info?

I'm assuming that books have to be sent direct from something like Amazon is that correct?

How soon can she have visits there? Does anyone know when ISF visitation is??

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Bill

fancyrebel
05-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Well Shannon (my Wife) was transferred today. Right now I am in info limbo since she is not showning up on the TDCJ site yet but is gone out of the Harris County Jail.

How does mail need to be addressed and do I send it to the physical address (900 Industrial Blvd) or the PO Box 8000 address? Do I put the name of the unit and then her name and tdcj # or just her info?

I'm assuming that books have to be sent direct from something like Amazon is that correct?

How soon can she have visits there? Does anyone know when ISF visitation is??

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Bill
HI Bill yes I know the waiting can be hard. For the mail just put her name & Number on it and the P.O. 8000, Henderson,Texas75653. that is all you need.
As far as the books. They are stricter there then some other places. The Books have to be like anything for self improvement. My son likes mystery but can't have them. I ordered from Amazon and because it was shipped like from an individual they would not let him have it. Even though I had ordered it from Amazon! They sent it back.
Your wife may have gone to Huntsville before going to Henderson. That is what happened to my son. And he ws supposed to only be there over night but was there almost two weeks.
just hang in there and you have my prayer. God Bless, Linda:thumbsup:

BillM
05-02-2009, 12:26 PM
HI Bill yes I know the waiting can be hard. For the mail just put her name & Number on it and the P.O. 8000, Henderson,Texas75653. that is all you need.
As far as the books. They are stricter there then some other places. The Books have to be like anything for self improvement. My son likes mystery but can't have them. I ordered from Amazon and because it was shipped like from an individual they would not let him have it. Even though I had ordered it from Amazon! They sent it back.
Your wife may have gone to Huntsville before going to Henderson. That is what happened to my son. And he ws supposed to only be there over night but was there almost two weeks.

Thanks Linda!!
Thanks for the mailing info.
She is still not showing up on the TDCJ search.

Have you been able to send your son any books? If so, from where, since they won't accept from Amazon? She was hoping I could send her Journey by Danielle Steel since she was reading that when she left Harris County but had not finished it. Sounds like that is out...

How long was it before your son's location showed up right on the TDCJ search? I'm surprised she is not showing up yet. When she was moved before she was released on parole her location was showing up almost immediately....:confused: I found her that way quickly and actually visited her at an overnight transfer facility close to Houston. I'm not sure what is going on this time???

Oh well... patience... At least they got the house phone fixed this morning and I can get on-line to check without having to go to the office and do it.

Thanks again Linda! You sure have been a big help and I appreciate that very much!

Bill

fancyrebel
05-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Bill I forgot to tell you the4 visits are Sat. & Sun.starting at 8AM and going til 4. When you get there you go in a register and get a number then you hav to back to your car and wait for them to come out and call your number. Sundays are not as busy so I try to go on that day. God Bless

fancyrebel
05-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks Linda!!
Thanks for the mailing info.
She is still not showing up on the TDCJ search.

Have you been able to send your son any books? If so, from where, since they won't accept from Amazon? She was hoping I could send her Journey by Danielle Steel since she was reading that when she left Harris County but had not finished it. Sounds like that is out...

How long was it before your son's location showed up right on the TDCJ search? I'm surprised she is not showing up yet. When she was moved before she was released on parole her location was showing up almost immediately....:confused: I found her that way quickly and actually visited her at an overnight transfer facility close to Houston. I'm not sure what is going on this time???

Oh well... patience... At least they got the house phone fixed this morning and I can get on-line to check without having to go to the office and do it.

Thanks again Linda! You sure have been a big help and I appreciate that very much!

Bill
Bill I ordered my son some books from Doubleday. They have a web site you can do that from. it is www.Doubleday (http://www.Doubleday). Com
I know the waiting can be so hard on us. But I usually could find my son within a day or two. You might try calling this number and just ask if she has been transferred there yet. Be sure and give them her number.They will tell you. it is 903-655-3300
It being the weekend you amy have to wait until Monday. There are no visits this weekend because of the Swine Flu and I would be sure and call next weekend if I were planning on going.:thumbsup:

MisinMyBro
05-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well I have some good news. My brother called this afternoon and it was so good to hear his voice. He sounded really good and said that he's hanging in there. He's hoping to be out in August of this year. So that's good to hear and I hope that's when he gets out. That will be the end of the 6 months. He also said that alot of the guys got to go home straight from there after their 6 months was up.

My son got to talk to his uncle for the first time. My son is 2. Can't wait for them to get aquainted when my brother gets out.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the rest of it and be safe!

GraysonMom
05-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

Well I have some good news. My brother called this afternoon and it was so good to hear his voice. He sounded really good and said that he's hanging in there. He's hoping to be out in August of this year. So that's good to hear and I hope that's when he gets out. That will be the end of the 6 months. He also said that alot of the guys got to go home straight from there after their 6 months was up.

My son got to talk to his uncle for the first time. My son is 2. Can't wait for them to get aquainted when my brother gets out.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the rest of it and be safe!

:) Misin, I'm so happy you finally heard from your brother. I know you are relieved. It'll be good when he can meet his nephew. Congrats again on the phone call and August is not far off...Blessings to all as always.

fancyrebel
05-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi Everyone,

Misin, I am so happy you got to talk to your brother. I know it made you feel better just hearing his voice.It always helps to just hear their voice.My son called me Friday night also. He said there was no visition this weekend because of the Swine Flu.
My son is also hoping for an August trlease date. He finishes his DWI class then. And I was on the TDJC website the other day and they have moved his shortway up from Dec. 9 to Nov. 3( His 44the birthday.) SO even if he has to stay until then it will be a month sooner. God Bless and if I can help you in any way let me know. Linda:thumbsup:

researching
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
bill m,

when my brother was released from harris county, i called harris county and they told me where he was being transferred to. First he went to Byrd (testing) and then Gurney, and then Johnston. So, she may go a few places before her final destination.

I also know that they are trying not to move the inmates at all right now due to the swine flu--until they clear a physical exam. So, they should be able to tell you where they took her. Be persistent, you will find her!

krustchinsky
05-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I have been trying to find someone with info on the DWI & Drug treatment centers,my son is in saft in Humble Texas he has been there 1 month we still have not been able to visit it is a lock down facility he will be there for 6 months that was the judge order ,they tell him the program is 6 months to a year...This was my sons first time ever in trouble never no arrest are even traffic tickets.They treat they like animals he says he would rather be in jail...If any one has any info pls let me know...

GraysonMom
05-04-2009, 11:33 PM
I have been trying to find someone with info on the DWI & Drug treatment centers,my son is in saft in Humble Texas he has been there 1 month we still have not been able to visit it is a lock down facility he will be there for 6 months that was the judge order ,they tell him the program is 6 months to a year...This was my sons first time ever in trouble never no arrest are even traffic tickets.They treat they like animals he says he would rather be in jail...If any one has any info pls let me know...

If you know the name of the Unit your son is in, I'll try and look for information. I'm sorry to hear about your son. My son had to take the DWI course in Mineral Wells. Let us know the unit and we will be able to help get you more information. Again I'm sorry to hear this, it's hard on the parents as well.

fancyrebel
05-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Yes as Donna said let us know the name of the unit and someone will be able to help. My son is in ETTF in Henderson. He is taking the six month DWI class. But he can have visits on the weekend. I am so sorry yuou are going through this. I know how hard it is on us parents. Just hang in there things wil get better. God Bless, Linda:thumbsup:

BillM
05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Well my wife actually shows up in the computer as of today. She is at the ETTF. She actally called me on Saturday after the House phone had been fixed. I then got the phone system set up so she can call me on my cell phone.

Thanks Linda and everyone else for posting the phone info here. It was a snap to set up with all the info posted.

She is still waiting to get her medicine. She is waiting to see the Doctor there before they give her the blood thinners her Family Dr prescribed and the County Dr was giving her.... Not a good thing to messing around with.

She met with the unit parole officer today and they told her that her stamp date was 4/15 not 4/7 when the PB ruled. They also show that she does not have a discharge address so she is set to go to a Halfway House when she is released. She gave them the home address again. I don't understand why this keeps getting messed up. She told Parole when she was at County that she had a discharge address (where she was staying while she was on parole) and the Parole officer confirmed it with me. This happened when she was originally released on parole and she wound up going to a halfway house until we could get the paper work redone. They told her then they could not reach me even though I have my cell phone on 24/7. I'm worried this is going to happen again. The unit parole officer said they take the info and send it to Austin and that "they" would contact me to verify it.

Does anyone know who I could call in Austin to make sure her discharge address gets verified. The unit parole officer who took her info would not tell my wife who "they" were in Austin.

Thanks
Bill

GraysonMom
05-05-2009, 09:14 PM
BillM, Here is one Austin number I have for, Review and Release Processing 512-406-5299. You can call this number and hopefully they can lead you to the right spot. You might also call the Board that's voting on her file and inform them again of her release address. Normally a few weeks prior to release, the local Parole Office will verify their release address. I sure hope she gets her medications soon. Glad you got your phones up and a Call. I know you were glad to hear from her. Hope the number helps and blessings as always.

fancyrebel
05-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Well my wife actually shows up in the computer as of today. She is at the ETTF. She actally called me on Saturday after the House phone had been fixed. I then got the phone system set up so she can call me on my cell phone.

Thanks Linda and everyone else for posting the phone info here. It was a snap to set up with all the info posted.

She is still waiting to get her medicine. She is waiting to see the Doctor there before they give her the blood thinners her Family Dr prescribed and the County Dr was giving her.... Not a good thing to messing around with.

She met with the unit parole officer today and they told her that her stamp date was 4/15 not 4/7 when the PB ruled. They also show that she does not have a discharge address so she is set to go to a Halfway House when she is released. She gave them the home address again. I don't understand why this keeps getting messed up. She told Parole when she was at County that she had a discharge address (where she was staying while she was on parole) and the Parole officer confirmed it with me. This happened when she was originally released on parole and she wound up going to a halfway house until we could get the paper work redone. They told her then they could not reach me even though I have my cell phone on 24/7. I'm worried this is going to happen again. The unit parole officer said they take the info and send it to Austin and that "they" would contact me to verify it.

Does anyone know who I could call in Austin to make sure her discharge address gets verified. The unit parole officer who took her info would not tell my wife who "they" were in Austin.

Thanks
Bill
Hi Bill I am so happy you heard from your wife I know that made you feel better. There is just something about hearing their voice.
The number Donna gave yopu should work. It seems there is always so much red tape to go through. But jut hang in there it will happen. My prayers are with you & God Bless.
Hi Donna I pray you are doing alright. I am still hanging in there. God Bless you. Linda:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
05-06-2009, 12:32 AM
:) Linda, I'm glad your doing ok. Prayerfully your son will get home soon. Bill let us know if that number works, if you don't mind. They might give you another one..:shrug:....! Hello to you too, Misin and I hope all is well. Keep us posted and God Bless you all too.

Missing_Garry
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Can someone tell me if when a inmate is threw with this program at East Texas Treatment if they are usally released or do they end up back in TDCJ? My husband was moved and sent there this week from Mineral Wells for DWI. He has recently been denied his parole last month. Just need to know if he will still need a lawyer for his next years hearing.

GraysonMom
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Missing Garry and Welcome to PTO. We are happy you found us. I can't answer your question about him staying in the ETTF. You can go online and look up his Projected Release Date. Here is that link: http://168.51.178.33/webapp/TDCJ/index2.htm. Just enter his name and his information should come up. If you had pop-ups on, you'll have to disable them. We have two members whose loved ones where transferred to ETTF from Mineral Wells. I hope he likes the new unit and keep us posted.

fancyrebel
05-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Can someone tell me if when a inmate is threw with this program at East Texas Treatment if they are usally released or do they end up back in TDCJ? My husband was moved and sent there this week from Mineral Wells for DWI. He has recently been denied his parole last month. Just need to know if he will still need a lawyer for his next years hearing.
Hi Missing Garry, My son was sent from MW to ETTF by way of Huntsvile. He wa sent to Huntsvile first then to ETTF. We do not know for sure when he will be released. His shortway has been moved up from Dec. to Nov. He will finish the DWI class in August. he thinks he might get released then. They don't tell you anything though. We don't know if when he finishs the class and has to serve until his shortway, if he will remain in ETTF or be moved. He did tell me he will probably have to go back to Huntsville to be released there. My son was denied back in Dec. also. I ma sorry I could not be of more help. But try th number that Donna gave you. God Bless, Linda
Hi Donna how are you doing? Good I hope.
Bill how are things with you?
And MisinMy bro, how are you doing? I pray all is well with all of you. God Bless as always, Linda:thumbsup:

Missing_Garry
05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Thank you ladies for the information, this is just a long not very informed process. No one ever seems to know what is going on or they will not tell you what ever it may be. I worry about him so much! I just hope this place is alot less violent then Mineral Wells. Has anyone visited up there? I want to go tomorrow, but is there anything I should know before I go? Is there along wait? I thank you all for the information and time you took to help me the first time. I checked his dates on the TDCJ web site and they just say his parole still says 2008 and project release is now his full sentence in 2011. Don't know how to feel about this.

GraysonMom
05-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Missing Gary, Here is a link on visitation, it begins on page 2. Basically you get 2 hours of visitation on Sat. or Sun. You can take 20.00 in quarters in a clear ziploc bag. We've always dressed conservative. No low cut top or sleeveless blouses. Some units will alllow flip-flop but others won't. We always carry a change of clothes with us...just in case. Fancy can tell you more about the unit. At MW they have outside benches but I've never been to ETTF. I don't know about the dates. They could just be running behind on updating the website. They should still review him annually. Here's the link and I hope this helps. http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publications/executive/gen_info_guide_families_offenders_2008.pdf

Hi Linda, we are doing fine. It has been a long week though. I'm tired and ready for the week-end. We'll be at home this week-end. I hope your husband has slowed down on his work hours too. I hope JR is doing Ok too. Hang in there and hopefully your son will be home sooner than Dec.

BillM, hope that number worked and your found out something on your wife's date. Keep us posted and Blessings as always.

Missing_Garry
05-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Well thank you once again, I just got a call from him don't know how he got to use the phone so early since he has only been there a few days but he did. I am going to see him tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes. I asked him about his time and if I should still pay the attorney for him and he said No. They have told him up there that Most inmates that follow threw with the program lup there and do as they are asked are released 30 to 45 days after the program is completed. Also alot of inmates are being released. So I guess we will wait it out and see if they let him out at the end of Nov. then and then go from there. He did tell me that this place ETTF seems to be more layed back and alot nicer than being were he has been. There is more rules as far as a schedule to stay on but other than that the people (workers) are much more layed back and suttle. I do thank you two for your help the last couple days though. Appreciate you! Good luck with your family members and hope everything goes well with them.

fancyrebel
05-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Well thank you once again, I just got a call from him don't know how he got to use the phone so early since he has only been there a few days but he did. I am going to see him tomorrow and I will let you all know how it goes. I asked him about his time and if I should still pay the attorney for him and he said No. They have told him up there that Most inmates that follow threw with the program lup there and do as they are asked are released 30 to 45 days after the program is completed. Also alot of inmates are being released. So I guess we will wait it out and see if they let him out at the end of Nov. then and then go from there. He did tell me that this place ETTF seems to be more layed back and alot nicer than being were he has been. There is more rules as far as a schedule to stay on but other than that the people (workers) are much more layed back and suttle. I do thank you two for your help the last couple days though. Appreciate you! Good luck with your family members and hope everything goes well with them.
Missing Garry, ETTF is a much better place then MW it is cleaner and My son seems to be doing really well there. They do keep them busy with DWI class and AA 5 times a week.The DWi class is 6 months. As far as visitation, they are very nice.I don't know how he got to call but that is good. Do you live far? when you get there you will go in and register then go back outside until they call your number, Sundays are not as busy and you can get in quicker. You have to wait in your car until they come out and call your number. Good Luck and God Bless.Linda:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
05-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Missing Gary, Here is a link on visitation, it begins on page 2. Basically you get 2 hours of visitation on Sat. or Sun. You can take 20.00 in quarters in a clear ziploc bag. We've always dressed conservative. No low cut top or sleeveless blouses. Some units will alllow flip-flop but others won't. We always carry a change of clothes with us...just in case. Fancy can tell you more about the unit. At MW they have outside benches but I've never been to ETTF. I don't know about the dates. They could just be running behind on updating the website. They should still review him annually. Here's the link and I hope this helps. http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publications/executive/gen_info_guide_families_offenders_2008.pdf

Hi Linda, we are doing fine. It has been a long week though. I'm tired and ready for the week-end. We'll be at home this week-end. I hope your husband has slowed down on his work hours too. I hope JR is doing Ok too. Hang in there and hopefully your son will be home sooner than Dec.

BillM, hope that number worked and your found out something on your wife's date. Keep us posted and Blessings as always.
Hi Garry I Hope you ahd a good visit.
Hi Donna, Here is wishing a Happy Mothers Day. I think I will just forget it is Mothers Day. I got the sweetest card from J.R. and he included Greg in it. Of course it made me cry. But it was very sweet of him.
Steve is still working too hard and I worry about him. They have moved .R.'s shortway up to Nov. 3rd, his 44 birthday. But we are hoping he will get released when he finishes the DWI in August. He will be gone a year the 15th of that month. God Bless and I pray all is well with you. Linda:thumbsup:

Missing_Garry
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Well hello all, I got to go up and see my husband today. It was really nice, the place was VERY Clean and the people were great! Much better and relaxed verses Mineral Wells. I got there around 10 and went inside to reg. and went straight back for the visit. It took them about thrity mins. to bring him in due to the womans side was starting chow so they had to have the hallways clear, other than that is was a good visit. While I was waiting on him there was another older man there and he said there is a few of them that will be going home at the end of next month or the first of July something like that. So maybe this will be the prayer we all have been waiting for. I know I need this one to be answered. I don't know how much longer I can take this. Almost two years with out him and it feels like 5 yrs. Well Happy Mothers Day to all and wish every one the best.

fancyrebel
05-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Well hello all, I got to go up and see my husband today. It was really nice, the place was VERY Clean and the people were great! Much better and relaxed verses Mineral Wells. I got there around 10 and went inside to reg. and went straight back for the visit. It took them about thrity mins. to bring him in due to the womans side was starting chow so they had to have the hallways clear, other than that is was a good visit. While I was waiting on him there was another older man there and he said there is a few of them that will be going home at the end of next month or the first of July something like that. So maybe this will be the prayer we all have been waiting for. I know I need this one to be answered. I don't know how much longer I can take this. Almost two years with out him and it feels like 5 yrs. Well Happy Mothers Day to all and wish every one the best.
Missing I am glad you had a good visit. Yes ETTF is a much better place then MW. Do you have a very long drive to get there? It is about 2 hours for me. You were fornutate to get in so quick. I guess you hit it just right.
God Bless as always, Linda:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
05-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey Fancy, Missing Garry and all. Linda I thought about you yesterday. We were busy most of the day and I didn't have time to get online. This was my first Mothers day without Mom too. I guess needless to say it's been a rough year or two. But hopefully this time next year it'll be better. Missing Garry hope your still getting calls and Glad your visit went well. Hang in there ladies this can't last forever. Blessings to all as always.

fancyrebel
05-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey Fancy, Missing Garry and all. Linda I thought about you yesterday. We were busy most of the day and I didn't have time to get online. This was my first Mothers day without Mom too. I guess needless to say it's been a rough year or two. But hopefully this time next year it'll be better. Missing Garry hope your still getting calls and Glad your visit went well. Hang in there ladies this can't last forever. Blessings to all as always.
Thank You Dona, yes Sunday was kind if tough. But I made it. J.R. called me and it was so good to talk to him. Steve tried to keep me busy beciause he knew what I ws going through.
I hopw all tyhe Mothers had a grea tday. Missing glad you had a good visit.
You all have a great day and God Bles, Linda:thumbsup:

Missing_Garry
05-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Thank you all, Hope everyone had a great mothers day and are doing fine. Linda you are probley right I hit it just right with the time I got there for my visit. Thank God! Well I have about a three and half hour drive to get there. It was not all that bad though, expecially when I got use to having to drive 7 to Mineral Wells. To go up there we had to drive up and stay the night, round trip was not a option there. I hope you are right Grayson, "This can't last forever" even though I feels like a life time since I had my husband home. Well ladies be sweet and hang in there, better days are still here to come.

fancyrebel
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
:thumbsup:Thank you all, Hope everyone had a great mothers day and are doing fine. Linda you are probley right I hit it just right with the time I got there for my visit. Thank God! Well I have about a three and half hour drive to get there. It was not all that bad though, expecially when I got use to having to drive 7 to Mineral Wells. To go up there we had to drive up and stay the night, round trip was not a option there. I hope you are right Grayson, "This can't last forever" even though I feels like a life time since I had my husband home. Well ladies be sweet and hang in there, better days are still here to come.
Missing Garry, I am glad you had a good visit. It takes me two hours to get there from where I live. I don't drive because of my health so I have to get someone to take me. I try to go once a month. I miss him so much. Can hardly wait for him to get home. I lost my oldest son March the third to congestive heart failure and J. R. is the only child I have , he is my baby. 43 year old baby.LOL Well as Donna said this can't last forever and the Lord will not put more on us then we can take. I could not get through this without him. God Bless and prayers always, Linda
Hi Donna hope you are doing well. God Bless

GraysonMom
05-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Hi Fancy and All. I'm fine...just tired tonight. Hopefully I'll sleep..lol.

fancyrebel
05-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone, I hope all had a good weekend. Today is just beautiful here in East Texas. Sure wish I could have gone to see my boy. Maybe next weekend. Blessings to you all, Fancy

sal's girl 63
05-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello to all I'm new here my hubby has been in the system for almost 3 years. he has a 10 year sentence for 3 dwi he was moved to ETTF this past Thursday any info would really help. He has a shortway of Nov 2010 and will go see parole again in March. he was denied last two times. he was told that he would get paroled next time up anyone know anything about this program?

GraysonMom
05-18-2009, 10:34 PM
The DWI program is six months long from everything I've read. FancyRebel should be along soon to give you specifics on the progran, visits and phone calls. There is information on this thread that should help some. We are glad you joined the group and Blesings as always.

fancyrebel
05-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Hello to all I'm new here my hubby has been in the system for almost 3 years. he has a 10 year sentence for 3 dwi he was moved to ETTF this past Thursday any info would really help. He has a shortway of Nov 2010 and will go see parole again in March. he was denied last two times. he was told that he would get paroled next time up anyone know anything about this program?

Hi Sal's Gal, glad you found us sorry it is under these circumtance's. My son is at ETTF and has been there since Feb 5th. He is taking the DWI class also. It is a 6 month course. They also have my son going to AA 5 nights a week. My son says it is a nice place, much better then the other ones he has been in. i do know they seem to keep them busy whivh is good. My son was up for parole last Dec. and was denied but he had only been in since last Aug. He seems to feel like he will be paroles after he finishes the DWI class. Which wil be in August.
I know how hard this is on everyne and I wish you all the best.
I set up phone calls through CTI. They come through on my cell phone. A 15 minutes call cost about $6.00. You have to put a min. of $50.00 on the card. their number is 972-964-7010
The visitation is good and they are very nice over there. Sunday is the best time to visit, it is not as busy. You go in and regsiter and they give you a number, Then you have to go back out to your car and wait for them to call your number. How far do you live from the unit?
If I can help you any more let me know. God Bless as always. Linda:thumbsup:
PS. Hi Donna hope you are having a good day. How is your son doing? God Bless Linda

sal's girl 63
05-19-2009, 09:04 PM
thank you for the info i am hoping to go visit on the weekend of the 30 we live in Mathis it is 35 miles from Corpus Christi its 398 miles from the unit. i have been tring to get the shortest road possible as we travel with children 1,4,7 it's not easy but thank you so much for the info. i called upthere and was told that if he completed the course he would get a better chance at parole. do you know anything about this?

fancyrebel
05-20-2009, 10:19 AM
:thumbsup:thank you for the info i am hoping to go visit on the weekend of the 30 we live in Mathis it is 35 miles from Corpus Christi its 398 miles from the unit. i have been tring to get the shortest road possible as we travel with children 1,4,7 it's not easy but thank you so much for the info. i called upthere and was told that if he completed the course he would get a better chance at parole. do you know anything about this?
Hi Sal's Gal, if you live that far you may be able to have afour visit. I am not sure. Donna do you know about this?
Any programs they can take will help with th parole. My son was told to take what he could.
God Bless, fancyrebel

GraysonMom
05-20-2009, 01:07 PM
I would mapquest this. I'm horrible with directions and would "for sure" get her lost. Enjoy your visit and keep us posted. Linda we are fine. Just working, home and back to work.

sal's girl 63
05-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks to both of you I also found out that he can call me from 6pm on friday to 10 pm on sunday that will be a real treat for all of us since it 396 miles from where we live. i will let you know how the visit went. again thank you

GraysonMom
05-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Your Welcome and keep us posted on the visit. Yes, if she's over 300 miles away, a special visit could be requested. It's up to the warden, but I would call the unit and try. All they can do is say No. Thank you for the phone information.

fancyrebel
05-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Donna I had something happen today maybe you can help me with it. My daughter-in-law went to visit my son. She was told he had a visit yesterday and could not have one today. She thought at the time maybe I had gone to see him. When she got home she called me and I told her no I hadnot gone. In the mean time J.R. called and I told him about it and he said no he had not seen anyone. I know the ones on his list and we always make sure we don't go at the same time. She said they checked the list twice while she was there but they would not tell him who came to visit. I wonder what i can do about this. It is a long drive to amke and be told he can't have visit. Does anyone know about this? I hope you all had a good weekend. Prayers and God Bless Always.

GraysonMom
05-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Linda, it sounds to me like someone entered the wrong date or something in the computer. I'd call the unit again tommorw and tell them no one visited and ask to speak to the Warden's secretary. They'll listen up then. This makes me angry that she drove that far and couldn't see him. Let me know if that works. You can file a complaint.....but see what they say tomorrow. I'll look around for other links on this too.

GraysonMom
05-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Linda, here's a link (first one) where another member was denied bacause of a "computer mix-up". Looks like you can ask to speak to the Family liason officer, then the next step will be the Obudsman and you can e-mail them here's that link: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/adminrvw/adminrvw-ombud.htm. I would try to resolve it at the unit level if possible. But you and I are not able to drive these long distances to be turned away...:mad:. Let me know how it turns out and Blessings as always. Oh is JR doing ok...I know he's more than ready to come home.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4612213&highlight=Denied+Visit#post4612213

BillM
05-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey Donna and Linda and others;

Thanks for the phone number. It was a helpful place to start. To keep a long story short we have gotten the house verified as her parole address and I met with a supervisor and parole officer at the local office and signed the paper work needed to have her parole address verified with an approved phone line for a monitor. This was apparently the sticking point... getting the electronic monitoring and phone line information verified. I think it is easier for parole to send her to a halfway house and then get the electronic monitoring set up. A helpful supervisor at the local office had me come in and sign the necessary paperwork after I went through that I had set up a dedicated phone line with no frills for the monitor. Now I just have to be ready for a phone call about a week before her release to meet parole at the house to install the base unit for the monitor.

She has gotten her medication as well but they are not monitoring her INR like they need to but that is alot better than her not even getting her medication.

I have found that the ISF side is much more lax than the DWI side concering books. I was able to send her some fiction books as well as a couple of inspirational books from Amazon.

Unfortunately I have not been able to go visit her yet. I was hoping to go this weekend but my hip went out on me again to the point I was not up to the drive or even the ride up there.

It looks like she will not get home before my hip surgery on June 15th. Right now they are processing out people that arrived the end of February. Her time is apparently set by when they get to processing her paperwork. I wish there was a way to get her paper work sped up so she could be home in time for when I get home from the hospital to help me. I was planning on trying to talk to someone there when I visited this weekend but that is a mute point now.

Thank goodness for the phones. Like you said, just hearing her voice means so much... we have had some really good talks, this weekend especially. I miss her so much. Our 3 1/2 year old daughter keeps asking if momma is getting better and can come home soon... breaks my heart...

All in all things are definatey heading in the right direction now and she is not going to a halfway house. And I am so thankful to have found a really helpful supervisor at the local parole office.

Bill

GraysonMom
05-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Hi Bill and it's good to hear from you. I've been wondering about your wife and the outcome. I understand completely about making those long trips and I'm sure Linda will agree. I'm so glad your getting her home. It's so sad about the children, they are too young to understand. My grandson is almost 4 now, he was almost 3 when my son went in. It was so hard on him. His dad (my son) and him are very close. So I know it's hard on your daughter, too...bless her little heart. When we visit, he sits in my son's lap the whole time. When it's time to leave is hard too, they don't understand why their Mommy's and Dad's can't come home. Hang in there, it looks like you've made a lot of progress and your wife will be home soon. I'm so glad you got to speak to her on the phone. It sure does help. Thank you for all the information you posted. My thought and prayers remain with you and your family. Keep us posted and Blessings as always.

Linda, What did you find out on the visit. Let us know and I hope it has been resolved.

BillM
05-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Donna;

Thanks. Yes, we have definately made some good progress.
I know what you mean about children and the visits. Before my wife was released on parole our daughter would sit in her lap the whole visit and would not want to go when the visit was over. Several times she asked if she could stay there with her momma.

By the way, how long does it take letters to reach your son? My wife just got a card tonight that I mailed last Tuesday. It seems like a long time for just over 200 miles away.

Bill

GraysonMom
05-26-2009, 10:21 PM
That's so sad about your dtr. I'll be glad when her Mother gets home and know you sure will. Hang in there, you guys are on the home stretch now. Memorial Day might have slowed the card down and hopefully the next letter/card won't take as long. It only takes a couple of days for my son to get our mail. Keep us posted and your family remains in my prayers.

Hi Linda....:)

fancyrebel
05-27-2009, 11:46 AM
:thumbsup:Hey Donna and Linda and others;

Thanks for the phone number. It was a helpful place to start. To keep a long story short we have gotten the house verified as her parole address and I met with a supervisor and parole officer at the local office and signed the paper work needed to have her parole address verified with an approved phone line for a monitor. This was apparently the sticking point... getting the electronic monitoring and phone line information verified. I think it is easier for parole to send her to a halfway house and then get the electronic monitoring set up. A helpful supervisor at the local office had me come in and sign the necessary paperwork after I went through that I had set up a dedicated phone line with no frills for the monitor. Now I just have to be ready for a phone call about a week before her release to meet parole at the house to install the base unit for the monitor.

She has gotten her medication as well but they are not monitoring her INR like they need to but that is alot better than her not even getting her medication.

I have found that the ISF side is much more lax than the DWI side concering books. I was able to send her some fiction books as well as a couple of inspirational books from Amazon.

Unfortunately I have not been able to go visit her yet. I was hoping to go this weekend but my hip went out on me again to the point I was not up to the drive or even the ride up there.

It looks like she will not get home before my hip surgery on June 15th. Right now they are processing out people that arrived the end of February. Her time is apparently set by when they get to processing her paperwork. I wish there was a way to get her paper work sped up so she could be home in time for when I get home from the hospital to help me. I was planning on trying to talk to someone there when I visited this weekend but that is a mute point now.

Thank goodness for the phones. Like you said, just hearing her voice means so much... we have had some really good talks, this weekend especially. I miss her so much. Our 3 1/2 year old daughter keeps asking if momma is getting better and can come home soon... breaks my heart...

All in all things are definatey heading in the right direction now and she is not going to a halfway house. And I am so thankful to have found a really helpful supervisor at the local parole office.

Bill
Hi Bill, yes it sounds like you have got a lot of progress done. I am sorry about your hip. And I know you need your wife home to help you. Do you aHave any other relatives around you to help especially with your little girl. I know how hard this on you. Adn My prayers are with you.
The mail is kind of messed up at ETTF, my son doesn't get his very fast. They hand it out at night. I mailed him aletter one Thursday and he didnt get it until Tuesday. When he has been in other units he would get it like the next day.
Donna I havent found out anything yet. Will let you know. God Bless you both and you are in my prayers.:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
05-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Donna I called over to the unit today and I talked to someone. I am very upset. I explained what happened and they of course could not tell me anything. She said we should have ask to make sure, I told her we did and they looked again but could not tell us anything except he had already had a visit.Then she said maybe he (J.R.) was not telling me the truth about who was on his list and maybe someone we didn't know about was on it. I told NO that was not the case and we have to drive a long ways and I am not in good health, plus he didnot get a visit this weekend because of it. So I am going another route now to see what happened.

GraysonMom
05-28-2009, 02:41 AM
Linda, I hope you find the answer. Usually they won't tell me anything much either. But I always try, those other links should help. Let us know what you find out, if they ever tell you anything. It's bad to know you can drive all that long ways and then be turned away. I'm going to start calling the day I go to make sure.

Bill I hope everything is still going good with your wife. Keep us updated.

fancyrebel
05-28-2009, 07:21 PM
Linda, I hope you find the answer. Usually they won't tell me anything much either. But I always try, those other links should help. Let us know what you find out, if they ever tell you anything. It's bad to know you can drive all that long ways and then be turned away. I'm going to start calling the day I go to make sure.

Bill I hope everything is still going good with your wife. Keep us updated.
Yes Donna it is sad. What made me the more upset was the lady saying he coulsd have lied to me.I know they have a lot to deal with but the inmates are human too. I will keep you posted. I am going Sunday but will call tomorrow. God Bless, Linda:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
05-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Linda, this could happen to any of us...It's Crazy!

BillM
05-30-2009, 06:12 PM
That's so sad about your dtr. I'll be glad when her Mother gets home and know you sure will. Hang in there, you guys are on the home stretch now. Memorial Day might have slowed the card down and hopefully the next letter/card won't take as long. It only takes a couple of days for my son to get our mail. Keep us posted and your family remains in my prayers.

Hi Linda....:)

Hi Donna;

Thanks for the prayers. We are in the Home stretch thank goodness.
The mail is still slow but not as bad. You're probably right about Memorial Day slowing it down. I also found out the pick up times changed at the post office here which I think delayed the card for a day as well. I need to read the front of the drop box more often.

Bill

BillM
05-30-2009, 06:30 PM
:thumbsup:
Hi Bill, yes it sounds like you have got a lot of progress done. I am sorry about your hip. And I know you need your wife home to help you. Do you aHave any other relatives around you to help especially with your little girl. I know how hard this on you. Adn My prayers are with you.
The mail is kind of messed up at ETTF, my son doesn't get his very fast. They hand it out at night. I mailed him aletter one Thursday and he didnt get it until Tuesday. When he has been in other units he would get it like the next day.
Donna I havent found out anything yet. Will let you know. God Bless you both and you are in my prayers.:thumbsup:

Hi Linda;

Thank goodness I do have family close (Mom and one Cousin w/family). Sometimes I don't know how I would have managed without them. I am also lucky with the Day Care/School she goes to. There are a couple of Teachers there that are like extended family. I am very lucky to have a handful of very good people (family and friends) watching out for us.:)

My wife gets her mail at night too. It has gotten a little better but it is still almost a week before she gets it. I also found out the pick up times have changed at the post office here. That also delayed the mail. We will see with the letter I mailed Thursday. I know I got that one in before the new last pickup time.

Thanks for the prayers. You and Donna are in ours as well.

Bill

MisinMyBro
05-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Everyone,
I know it's been a while but have been so busy. Today is mine and my bros b'day. I wish he was here to celebrate with me. Hopefully next year we can celebrate together.
I got a letter from hiim and he graduates August 10. I"m trying to locate some half way houses for him in Austin. That's where he wants to settle so I will help him out as much as I can. I wish I was closer but am not so will try to help him out as much as I can.
Hope everyone is well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

GraysonMom
05-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Hi Misin, Happy Belated Birthday to you and your Brother. It's good to hear from you. Here is a link that has many half way houses listed. Hope this helps and keep us updated.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4619071&highlight=halfway+houses#post4619071

sal's girl 63
06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
hello everyone well we got our first visit and it was wonderful espically for the kids we did get a 4 hr visit but still seems to short. the drive was long and hard on the kids but we are home and Sal is doing good can't wait to see if your son gets out that will give me some hope for november when Sal finishes his 6 months thank you for all your help and support i can't get through my long days alone. God bless you'll

GraysonMom
06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm glad you got to see him and the kids too. I know the drive is hard with kids. My grandson drives us crazy at times, during the drive. I'm so happy you got a speical visit. Be sure and keep us posted on anything new you learn. We don't have much info. on the ETTF. Hang in there Nov. is not long off.

fancyrebel
06-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Hi Everyone,
I know it's been a while but have been so busy. Today is mine and my bros b'day. I wish he was here to celebrate with me. Hopefully next year we can celebrate together.
I got a letter from hiim and he graduates August 10. I"m trying to locate some half way houses for him in Austin. That's where he wants to settle so I will help him out as much as I can. I wish I was closer but am not so will try to help him out as much as I can.
Hope everyone is well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Hi Misin, good to hear from you. My son also graduates 8/10. They may be ib the same class. Are you two twins, just wondered since you have the same bd. i know it would be easier if you were close bit sometimes we just can;t help the way things go or the dirsction our lives take. As I said goosd to hear from you. God Bless as always, Linda:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
06-02-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm glad you got to see him and the kids too. I know the drive is hard with kids. My grandson drives us crazy at times, during the drive. I'm so happy you got a speical visit. Be sure and keep us posted on anything new you learn. We don't have much info. on the ETTF. Hang in there Nov. is not long off.
Hi Donna, I had a great visit with J.R. this weekend. I had written to the Ombudsman and I got a reply today. They said it showed I had visited on the 23rd. Well I know I didn't but they said there was nothing they could do about it now. So that is that. I hope you had a great weekend. I have been sick ever since I came home Sunday. My husband had to take me to the ER Sunday night. Was having a little problem with my heart but I am OK. now. I don't know what caused it. Just one of those things I guess. Have wonderful week. God Bless and you are in my prayers, Linda
Hi Bill glad things are going well for you. Hang in there this won't last forever. God Bless & Prayers, Linda:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
06-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Linda be careful with your heart problems and take care of yourself. You've been through a lot this year and I'l be glad when JR gets home. I'll keep you in my prayers also. Thank you for praying for us too.

That makes me so mad about them just getting the dates mixed up. Hopefully that won't happen again....but it's a scary thought to drive all that way and not get a visit. I'm so glad JR is doing Ok and y'all had a good visit.

Everyone else helllo. Oh and I wondered if Misin and her brothers were twins too...:)

BillM
06-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi Everyone;

Well, wish us luck. We are going to go visit my wife this weekend. We (my daughter, mom and I) are leaving in the morning to get as far as our family place in Sabine County. Stay the night Saturday and then head to Henderson Sunday morning. After the visit, depending on how my hip is doing we are either going to go back to Sabine County or come home. I can't wait and neither can our daughter. It was been a long time since I have seen her and been able to hug her. I just hope and pray my hip doesn't give me too hard of a time. Anyway, I'm excited about this weekend.

Well the mail is still nuts. I sent her a letter last week on Tues and a Card on Thur. She got both this Tuesaday. Makes no sense.

Do they make you take your shoes off to go into visitation? I hope not. I can barely get my right shoe on and tied at the house much less in a visitation area. Will I be able to take my cane in with me??? Just thought about that... I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Bill

GraysonMom
06-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Bill they make us take off our shoes at M. Wells. Hopefully, if you explain your situation they'll make an exception. But I wouldn't count on it. I've seen men and women on walkers, canes, etc. But every unit is different. I'd be sure and call after what Linda went through. I'm glad y'all are getting to see her and sure your dtr. is too. Drive safe and have a nice visit. Keep us updated and Blessings as always.

fancyrebel
06-06-2009, 02:13 PM
If you wear sandles they don't make you take them off unless the buckles set off the detector, which mine did. But they are nice so just tell them. Have a wonderful visit. And let us =know how it went. God Bless, Linda:thumbsup:

MisinMyBro
06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. It's a raining day here in North Florida. My brother called this afternoon. He need to find a Halfway Hose ASAP or before July 10. Or an address where he will be staying. If he doesn't have one then he may not get released early. It really sucks that he has no one in the area. I feel so hopeless and terible for him. Wish I could do more from my end. He sent me a list of a few places and I've called them but no luck. A few of them want an interview before allowing anyone to stay there. Since he's locked up, he can't do that. He desperately needs a place to stay when he gets out. He plans on living in Austin and finding a job there. I'm going to keep trying and call more places.

Sorry to rant and rave about this on here. Hope you all are well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and God Bless!

fancyrebel
06-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well. It's a raining day here in North Florida. My brother called this afternoon. He need to find a Halfway Hose ASAP or before July 10. Or an address where he will be staying. If he doesn't have one then he may not get released early. It really sucks that he has no one in the area. I feel so hopeless and terible for him. Wish I could do more from my end. He sent me a list of a few places and I've called them but no luck. A few of them want an interview before allowing anyone to stay there. Since he's locked up, he can't do that. He desperately needs a place to stay when he gets out. He plans on living in Austin and finding a job there. I'm going to keep trying and call more places.

Sorry to rant and rave about this on here. Hope you all are well. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and God Bless!
Misin, sorry about your bro. I don't have any info to give you. Wish I did. But you & your brother are in my prayers, Linda:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
06-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Bill how did your visit go? I know your wife was glad to see you & your daughter. You go for surgery on the 10th. Is this right? You will be in my prayers. God Bless, Linda

GraysonMom
06-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

Hi Misin and did any of those links provide you with any infomation. Keep us posted and it's good to hear from you.

Hi Linda, Hope all is well.
Bill, keep us posted on your visit and how it went. I'm sure your dtr. was glad to see her Mom. Hopefully you did not encouter any problems with your cane and shoes. Let us know and blessings as always.
Everyone else, Hello and hope you have a great week.

fancyrebel
06-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone, Hope all is well with you guys.
Bill, I am praying for you through your surgery. Let us hear from you as soon as you can.
Hi Donna, how are you? I pray all is well with you.
Misin, were you able to find your bro a halfway house? I sure hope so.
Well I must get off here and do somethimg. God Bless you all and prayers as always. Linda:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
06-11-2009, 09:16 PM
hello all just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you'll know that i started nursing school it's been tough but i have to do something to try and better our lives when Sal does come home. I only pray it will be soon tell me has anyone heard good news on your loved ones comming home. Sal told me that he found out they were realsing lots in June and July hope you'll are there. pray for me and my new venture for LVN school.

GraysonMom
06-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi Salgirls and Welcome to the ETTF thread. We are gald you found us. I'm glad your going into nursing the pay is great and the jobs are plentiful. Keep us posted and Prayers for you on your nursing career.

Hi Linda, Bill, Misin and Everyone else. Tomorrow is Friday and if your visiting this week-end, everyone drive safely and keep us updated. Blessings to all as always.

Missing_Garry
06-12-2009, 01:31 AM
Please let me start off by appologizing in case this message is a duplicate. I just tried to post the first one I wrote and it disappeared. Let me say I hope this finds everyone in GREAT health and spirits. It has been a while since I have been on and appreciate all the answers and help you all helped with before. I was able to go see my husband up at ETTC for the second time last weekend and it was really nice. I guess we are hitting the times up there really at the perfect because both times on Saturday we have went in and gone straight back to see him. He has done 35 days of his DWI program and says it is a lot better than every where else he has been. It is really a lot cleaner for what I can see also. He did tell me a lot of people are preparing to be released and there has been many new comers in the last 2 or 3 weeks for the DWI program. I called the Parole Board to see if they had a update on his review date or not and they said he will not have another review until March 2010. That is a long time so hopefully the further in this program he gets they will move that date forward, at least I pray for that! I have already been with out him for 2 years and I think it harder on his kids than me and that is really hard to imagen what the kids feel threw this. He is suppose to send me the paper work that they get in orientation to look over to help explain more of what to expect from this program also. Finally after 30 days they have opened his inmate account so I can send him money and also they finally after all this time gave him the money he had in his Mineral Wells account when they transfered him. That is the only real problem we have had so far from this unit. Sorry for taken up so much time and space on here and hope everyone is doing good. Good Luck everyone, atleast here there are people that actually understand what I am feeling and how much this time just drags on.
God Bless All:o

fancyrebel
06-12-2009, 11:55 AM
hello all just wanted to say hello to everyone and let you'll know that i started nursing school it's been tough but i have to do something to try and better our lives when Sal does come home. I only pray it will be soon tell me has anyone heard good news on your loved ones comming home. Sal told me that he found out they were realsing lots in June and July hope you'll are there. pray for me and my new venture for LVN school.
Hi Sals Gal, I think that is wonderful that you are going to nursing school. I will kep you in my prayers. You can never do to much to make life better.
Hi Donna, pray all is well with you.
Hi Bill hope you are the road to recovery.
Misin, I hope you found a place for your BRO.
And everyone else, I am praying for all of you. i hope outr loved ones get home soon. I haven't heard anything about early releases but it would be nice. God Bless you all & prayers as always. LInda:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
06-12-2009, 09:44 PM
hello all it's Friday I hope you'll had a great week and if you go visit please be safe as for me well I can't come until July since my Mom-in-law gets this month but I did get a phone call from Sal tonight he says all is well still going to classes and AA 5 times a week. well have a great weekend and God bless everyone and bring our loved ones home safe and soon.

GraysonMom
06-13-2009, 01:01 AM
hello all it's Friday I hope you'll had a great week and if you go visit please be safe as for me well I can't come until July since my Mom-in-law gets this month but I did get a phone call from Sal tonight he says all is well still going to classes and AA 5 times a week. well have a great weekend and God bless everyone and bring our loved ones home safe and soon.

Thanks, and I'm glad you received a call. It's so nice to hear their voices. I'm glad he's gotten in a program and AA. Keep us all posted. Everyone else, hello and have a great week-end.

Missingmyman!
06-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone! I don't get to post on here as often as I would like, between work, school, etc. My husband just got transferred to ETTF from Mineral Wells - so far I am SO relieved! I had such a bad feeling when he was at MW. It sounds like ETTF is much better. I finally got a letter from him and he is happy so far. My question - the phones. We had a CCH account and pre-pay through Evercom when he was at Mineral Wells. Last night, I got a call but in order to accept it they said I had to pay $55 right then, to CTI? I read past threads and it is the one you all have talked about. I was so upset, because I couldn't set the account up right then (times have gotten rough and that's about how much I have left until next Friday). So now I am wondering - is this the only company you can go through to get calls from ETTF? I wanted to make sure so I can get things set up as soon as possible. He is much closer to home now, but I can't visit for 2 more weeks because I am in the process of moving. So hearing his voice would be such a blessing. Thanks!

fancyrebel
06-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Good morning everyone! I don't get to post on here as often as I would like, between work, school, etc. My husband just got transferred to ETTF from Mineral Wells - so far I am SO relieved! I had such a bad feeling when he was at MW. It sounds like ETTF is much better. I finally got a letter from him and he is happy so far. My question - the phones. We had a CCH account and pre-pay through Evercom when he was at Mineral Wells. Last night, I got a call but in order to accept it they said I had to pay $55 right then, to CTI? I read past threads and it is the one you all have talked about. I was so upset, because I couldn't set the account up right then (times have gotten rough and that's about how much I have left until next Friday). So now I am wondering - is this the only company you can go through to get calls from ETTF? I wanted to make sure so I can get things set up as soon as possible. He is much closer to home now, but I can't visit for 2 more weeks because I am in the process of moving. So hearing his voice would be such a blessing. Thanks!
Hi Missing my man, my son is at ETTF and it is a nice place. He is doing quite well there. He has been there since Feb. and is taking the DWI class.It is a six month class.
The phone system is bad there . My son hads called me and the statice was so bad I COULD NOT hear him at all. Sometimes he would change phones and it would be OK. As far as the phone company I have CTI and the number is 972-964-7010. It cost $ 60.00 to set it up ,it can come to your cell phone if you want. it is 2.79 once a month and 2.76 at each call for the first minute and them .20 for each minute after. The calls are only for 15 minutes. It works well for me. I also had the CCH when he was at Mineral Wells but they don't have it at ETTF.
Hope this helps and if I can help you let me know. I know this hardon all us. But it won't last forever.Donna is also a big help on here. She will probably be along before long. God Bless & Prayers, Linda:thumbsup:

Missingmyman!
06-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi Missing my man, my son is at ETTF and it is a nice place. He is doing quite well there. He has been there since Feb. and is taking the DWI class.It is a six month class.
The phone system is bad there . My son hads called me and the statice was so bad I COULD NOT hear him at all. Sometimes he would change phones and it would be OK. As far as the phone company I have CTI and the number is 972-964-7010. It cost $ 60.00 to set it up ,it can come to your cell phone if you want. it is 2.79 once a month and 2.76 at each call for the first minute and them .20 for each minute after. The calls are only for 15 minutes. It works well for me. I also had the CCH when he was at Mineral Wells but they don't have it at ETTF.
Hope this helps and if I can help you let me know. I know this hardon all us. But it won't last forever.Donna is also a big help on here. She will probably be along before long. God Bless & Prayers, Linda:thumbsup:

Fancy, Thank you so much for your reply and help! I got lucky and one of the items I am selling for when I move was bought yesterday, so I set up my phone account! Now I am just waiting for him to try to call again. I am so anxious to talk to him - the last conversation we had was 2 weeks ago-I had told him that I was moving because the money just was too tight and while trying to discuss it, we got cut off, and in a letter he said he wasn't able to get it to go through again, then he got transferred! So he hasn't gotten letters from me yet, with all the moving around during his transfer, and we haven't talked again - he was so worried in the last letter I got! He sounds very happy to be there - he is also starting the 6 month DWI program, which is a blessing. How are the visits there? And what are the times? I hope to see him soon-probably not until week after next because of the move, but want to be prepared. Thanks and I hope you are having a great weekend!

fancyrebel
06-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Fancy, Thank you so much for your reply and help! I got lucky and one of the items I am selling for when I move was bought yesterday, so I set up my phone account! Now I am just waiting for him to try to call again. I am so anxious to talk to him - the last conversation we had was 2 weeks ago-I had told him that I was moving because the money just was too tight and while trying to discuss it, we got cut off, and in a letter he said he wasn't able to get it to go through again, then he got transferred! So he hasn't gotten letters from me yet, with all the moving around during his transfer, and we haven't talked again - he was so worried in the last letter I got! He sounds very happy to be there - he is also starting the 6 month DWI program, which is a blessing. How are the visits there? And what are the times? I hope to see him soon-probably not until week after next because of the move, but want to be prepared. Thanks and I hope you are having a great weekend!
HI Mising my man, the visit's are Saturday & Sunday from 8 until 4. I have found that Sunday is usually the best time to go. I seem to get in quicker on Sunday. You go in an register and if you don't get to go right back you have to go back out and wait until they call your number. They have always been nice to me. As far as the dress code it is the same as other places.
Glad you got your phone set up. It is always nice to just hear their voice.As I said the phones aren't all that great there but it works most of the time. They don't always have them turned on so they have to wait for that. my son J. R. usually calls me on Friday night or Sunday night.
Do you have their address there? It is their name & Number, P.O. box 8000, Henderson, Texas 75653 I only get to go once a mionth but at least he is closer then he was. It is about a two hour drive for me.
Hope all are having a great weekend. God Bless & Prayers to you all.:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
06-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Hello everyone I have been so busy with school that I don't get a chance to get on as often as I would like but it's Thursday and I sit here Thanking God that another week is almost over and one week closer to having Sal home. Have any of you heard about the releases for July? were any of you on the list? well I can't wait till friday 830 pm cuz like clock work Sal calls and that makes this hell we are in better. I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you talk to your loved one remember I have them and you in my prayers.

PuffnStuffTx
06-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Directions.... Hello, does anyone have directions to the facility in Henderson from 635/north Dallas tollway. Tomorrow hopefully will be my 1st trip. I was not going but I miss my husband, even if I am mad as **beeeeep!!** @ him... Thank u all for any help :)

GraysonMom
06-19-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sorry I cannot give you the directions. I hope you have a great visit and hopefully others with loved one in ETTF will be along soon. Keep us posted on your visit and Blessings as always.

fancyrebel
06-19-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm sorry I cannot give you the directions. I hope you have a great visit and hopefully others with loved one in ETTF will be along soon. Keep us posted on your visit and Blessings as always.
If you get on I-20 East and go to Kilgore and get on 259 it will take you to Henderson. The address is 900 industrial blvd. I can't give you directions coming from that way exactly to the place. I come in from a different way.Enjoy your visit and keep us poseted.
Hi Donna, hope all is well with you and everyoe else. I am wondering how Bill is doing since his surgery. God bless, Linda:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
06-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Linda, I was wondering the same thing. I hope Bill is doing Ok. Especially with his dtr. needing him. I hope he logs in and lets us know. I'm praying for him and know you are too. I'm sitting here tonight a bit down... I don't know a lot has happened in the last year. I know you understand, I need to get busy cleaning and stop feeling sorry for myself. Just wanted to say Hi and hope you and your family are doing well. Hang in there Linda, this will be over soon. Keep praying for us and Blessings as always.

PuffnStuffTx
06-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Thank you Ladies!!

sal's girl 63
06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Puff N Stuff well I hope you have a great visit. I just got off the phone with Sal he says all is well there. I know that even though i get mad as ### at him I still love and need him in my life. He did tell me that the state law makers are tring to get a new law signed by our gov. about this place ETTF cuz they want everyone who succefully compleats the program be released into the free would so they can track if the treatment is working. lets pray that they pass it cuz it will go into effect on Sept. 1 well have a great weekend and yea I was wondering about Bill also hope everything is ok and what about missingmybro I wounder if he found a place to go. well take care ladies God Bless you all.

PuffnStuffTx
06-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Thank you Sal's Girl. My Husband will be home 8-30-09 or before since it falls on a weekend. God's blessings for you and Sal. I'm not sure what to expect on the road so I'm looking @ mapquest which has not totally confused me :confused:. I drive to Marshall all the time to see family but never stopped in Henderson. Oh well:idea:back to yahoo maps

sal's girl 63
06-19-2009, 11:13 PM
I am so happy to hear your man will be home soon and I hope you get there safely we drive 7 hrs from mathis we live by corpus christi so we can only get up there once every 2 months. Sal stays in dorm 7 where does yours stay?

PuffnStuffTx
06-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Oh Bless your heart for drving 7 hours. My husband is in b-7 whatever that means. I jus found out today how to send him money. I was sending it through Jpay. I called ETTF and was told they don't accept wires. So I have to call Huntsville Monday so they can send him his money. In the mean time I got a post office m.o to mail in the morning.... Oh what a mess:eek:. I will be so glad when this is all over. I'm all nervous as it is. Thank for your concern. I felt so lost not knowing what to do.

sal's girl 63
06-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Well please tell your husband that Simon Salinas is also in 7 He tells me that its the best dorm to be in well have a great trip let us know how it went and if your man sees Sal ask him to tell him I send my love God Bless you and keep you safe on the road.

fancyrebel
06-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Hello everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. And especially those of you who got to visit loved ones. This forum is sure quiet lately. Well going to bed. God Bless you all & prayers as always.

Ms_Liz
07-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Hello all. I'm new to this. My boyfriend is currently here at Henderson for a parole violation. His projected release date is July 29, hopefully this means it can be sooner...plus I'm due to give birth by the end of the month. He's supposed to be getting an ankle monitor when he's released. Does anyone know if he will leave with one or have time away for a bit? And also can he leave but be home by a certain time...just wondering.

fancyrebel
07-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Hello all. I'm new to this. My boyfriend is currently here at Henderson for a parole violation. His projected release date is July 29, hopefully this means it can be sooner...plus I'm due to give birth by the end of the month. He's supposed to be getting an ankle monitor when he's released. Does anyone know if he will leave with one or have time away for a bit? And also can he leave but be home by a certain time...just wondering.
Hi Liz and welcome.I am sorry I am not sure about being released early. I think he will leave with a monitor , if he is supposed to have one. Maybe someone will come along and be able to answer you better. My son is at Henderson. He is taking the six month DWI course. he finishes that Aug. 5, and we are hoping he will be coming home. Congratulation on your new baby. Prayers & God Bless:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
07-02-2009, 11:41 PM
hi liz and welcome my husband is also at ettf he is there until nov 14 hope he comes home some well i don't know anything about the anklets but i hope all goes well and congrats on your new baby.

fancyrebel
07-04-2009, 10:13 PM
My son got jhs discharge papers. I am sure what that means but it has to be good!

sal's girl 63
07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
well it sounds great hope that means he gets to come home soon. keep us updated I am taking the drive upthere on Saturday i hate the long drive but i can't wait to see Sal. has anyone heard from Bill I sure hope that everything is okay for him and his family. well everyone have a great weekend and stay strong our time will come to and end someday. God Bless all of you my new found family and friends.

fancyrebel
07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
well it sounds great hope that means he gets to come home soon. keep us updated I am taking the drive upthere on Saturday i hate the long drive but i can't wait to see Sal. has anyone heard from Bill I sure hope that everything is okay for him and his family. well everyone have a great weekend and stay strong our time will come to and end someday. God Bless all of you my new found family and friends.
Be safe on your drive. I went ast Sunday so I won't be going this weekend. Yes I sure hope the discharge papers means good news. I also have been wondering about Bill. I pray he is OK after his surgery. God Bless & prayers always.
By the way how are you Donna? :thumbsup: Have not heard from you in a while.

MisinMyBro
07-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. Am doing fine. Still haven't found a place for my Bro. I was looking at places in Travis county but found out that he cannot go there. So now am looking into other counties. He has given me a list of places to call for him so plan on doing it this week. I belive July 10 was the day when he was supposed to hear something from the board. I've checked the inmate search board and so far everything is still the same.

Is there another way to send him money. So far I've been sending money orders and it seems like it takes so long before it's on his books. He needs a few things so am wondering if there is a quicker way to get him the money.

Hope everyone is well. Welcome newcomers! Enjoy your week!

fancyrebel
07-13-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July. Am doing fine. Still haven't found a place for my Bro. I was looking at places in Travis county but found out that he cannot go there. So now am looking into other counties. He has given me a list of places to call for him so plan on doing it this week. I belive July 10 was the day when he was supposed to hear something from the board. I've checked the inmate search board and so far everything is still the same.

Is there another way to send him money. So far I've been sending money orders and it seems like it takes so long before it's on his books. He needs a few things so am wondering if there is a quicker way to get him the money.

Hope everyone is well. Welcome newcomers! Enjoy your week!

Hi misinmy bro, yes you can use JPAY if you have a credit or debit card. It will go on his books almost immediatley. I have been using it for a year now. They have a website and you can do it on line. It is www.jpay.com (http://www.jpay.com)
We had a rather quiet 4th. Just too hot here to enjoy out of doors. God Bless & Prayers as always.:thumbsup:

GraysonMom
07-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Hey Fancy, Sal's girl, MissinmyBro, PuffnStuffTx, Liz, and anyone else I have missed. My family had a bug and managed to pass it around a couple of times. I've been catching up at work the last few weeks. I wasn't suppose to be working but needed the Money. Linda thanks for asking about us and we are doing better. Ms_Liz here is a link that goes into details about ankle Monitors. If you have additional questions, just post them and someone will be along to answer your questions. Here the link on Ankle Monitors and hope this helps. Post #7 has a link to the Monitoring Guidlines as well.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416707

sal's girl 63
07-14-2009, 09:44 PM
hello all well we made the trip this last Saturday it was a long drive. But I feel that it will be over soon. We had a great visit. I was really sad to live it seems that it is getting harder and harder to leave Sal behind. my heart is broken to see the tears on my little Zowie's face on the way home she cries until she falls asleep. it just breaks my heart. i am feeling so lonley right now i just have to cry. i hope everyone had a great weekend. School is going great 10 more months to go. well i am sorry for telling you'll my problems but i just feel like you'll know how i feel. my sister was very upset cuz we went to see Sal cuz she says that i shouldn't spend that money but i just can't stay away. is it wrong for me to be mad at her and tell her to stay out of my business. well hope everyone has a great week.

fancyrebel
07-15-2009, 11:54 AM
hello all well we made the trip this last Saturday it was a long drive. But I feel that it will be over soon. We had a great visit. I was really sad to live it seems that it is getting harder and harder to leave Sal behind. my heart is broken to see the tears on my little Zowie's face on the way home she cries until she falls asleep. it just breaks my heart. i am feeling so lonley right now i just have to cry. i hope everyone had a great weekend. School is going great 10 more months to go. well i am sorry for telling you'll my problems but i just feel like you'll know how i feel. my sister was very upset cuz we went to see Sal cuz she says that i shouldn't spend that money but i just can't stay away. is it wrong for me to be mad at her and tell her to stay out of my business. well hope everyone has a great week.
Sals Gla, I certainly don't think it is wrong to feel bad at your sister. You have to do what you feel is best for you & Zowie.l am glad you had a good visit. Keep hanging in there. It will sonn all be over.
Donna I was geting really worried about you. Glad you are on the mend. Love & Prayers As always.:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
07-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I am quite concerned about something my son told me tonight. Another inmate died today at ETTF . The 4th one since April. It seems this man had been there about 2 weeks. He was a very bad diabetic, had cirrosis of the liver and something wrong with his colon. They had just started giving him his meds. This morning he said he just didnt feel like going to get his meds. No one came to see about him and a little while later, my son said he was very white and he was spanish, anyway he was dead! J.R said he should have never been there because he was in such poor health. They just don't have the drs. & such and they don't give meds like they should. He had a very bad place on his leg and J.R. walked by his bed and he said it was ozzing. So my son went and told the gaurd. That was yesterday. He was two beds down from my son. It is just disturbing.
Donna I pray you are feeling better. And I hpope every one had a great weekend. God Bless & Prayers as always.

PuffnStuffTx
07-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Hello All... I hope your week is going fine. I have been on and off during the week. I'm missing my husbnd so I'm al little sad. God bless everyone. Take care

fancyrebel
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Hello All... I hope your week is going fine. I have been on and off during the week. I'm missing my husbnd so I'm al little sad. God bless everyone. Take care
Hi Puffin, I know how you feel. I have days where it just seems unbearable. You just hang in there and soon it will all be over.
My6 son got denied on his parole,so he will have to stay until his shortway,which is Nov. 3rd. I really don't understand it. He has done so good no writeups at all and he will finish this DWI classs Aug. 10th. They did tell him he might get realeased in Oct. I pray that is so. God Bless & Prayers as always.:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
07-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Hello:) all well first of all I feel really bad about the poor guy that died. I have a friend who's husband was at Garza West and he died just cuz thely would not listen to him when he would tell them he felt bad. The medical report said he died of heat exaustion really sad. I took her to Beeville to see his body. Before they took him to Huntsville. Well on to other things I am really sorry about your son not getting a good response. It makes me wounder about Sal since his shortway is not untill Nov. 15 2010 But it's all a game to these people. I guess it makes them feel good to know that they can play with other peoples lives. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you go to visit please have a safe trip. oh before I forget why does the mail take so long to get in and out of there does anyone know?:angry::(

fancyrebel
07-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Hello:) all well first of all I feel really bad about the poor guy that died. I have a friend who's husband was at Garza West and he died just cuz thely would not listen to him when he would tell them he felt bad. The medical report said he died of heat exaustion really sad. I took her to Beeville to see his body. Before they took him to Huntsville. Well on to other things I am really sorry about your son not getting a good response. It makes me wounder about Sal since his shortway is not untill Nov. 15 2010 But it's all a game to these people. I guess it makes them feel good to know that they can play with other peoples lives. Well I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you go to visit please have a safe trip. oh before I forget why does the mail take so long to get in and out of there does anyone know?:angry::(
I don't know why the mail is so slow there. I know that my son is always saying how long it takes. I get his letters the next day but, he may not get my letters for a week! I just don't think they care. wehn he was at other places he would get my mail the next day.I am going to see him on Sunday. Have a great weekend Prayers as always:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
07-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Fancy have a great visit I hope you have a safe trip. I spoke to Sal tonight and he says that the mail takes long cuz they hold the mail two or three days before they mail it or pass it out. Again thats just another way for them to hold our lives in their hands. I hope everyone else has a great weekend.

PuffnStuffTx
07-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Puffin, I know how you feel. I have days where it just seems unbearable. You just hang in there and soon it will all be over.
My6 son got denied on his parole,so he will have to stay until his shortway,which is Nov. 3rd. I really don't understand it. He has done so good no writeups at all and he will finish this DWI classs Aug. 10th. They did tell him he might get realeased in Oct. I pray that is so. God Bless & Prayers as always.:thumbsup:
Hey Fancy...
I'm sorry to hear abut your son's delay.. Remember delay does not mean deny. I'm doing better today, Work has kept me real busy. So far this week I've worked 57 hours. Too tired to be real sad. Well I'm off 2morrow.. God bless you all. I will remember all of y'all in my prayers.

fancyrebel
07-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Fancy have a great visit I hope you have a safe trip. I spoke to Sal tonight and he says that the mail takes long cuz they hold the mail two or three days before they mail it or pass it out. Again thats just another way for them to hold our lives in their hands. I hope everyone else has a great weekend.
Sal's Gal, Yes I know it is so disgusting about the way they do their mail.I am so looking forward to seeing my son. It always helps to just be able to give him a hug. We are so ready for him to come home and he is so ready to be here. He & my husband have a boat repair shop and my husband really needs him. He had his second year of sobriety on the 18th. He told me to tell his sponsor here that he wanted his two year coin when he got home. He has a lot of people pulling for him. He had been sober over a year when he got sent up. Have a great weekend, Prayers as always:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
07-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Fancy...
I'm sorry to hear abut your son's delay.. Remember delay does not mean deny. I'm doing better today, Work has kept me real busy. So far this week I've worked 57 hours. Too tired to be real sad. Well I'm off 2morrow.. God bless you all. I will remember all of y'all in my prayers.
Puffnstuff, Boy I know you must be tired. But I have fund out the busier we are the faster the time goes. You have a wonderful day and try ti get some rest. Prayers as always:thumbsup:

PuffnStuffTx
07-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello All!!!
How's the day going? I was up last nite till 2:20 am on the net. I should of been sleep... Fancy.. thank you for thinking of me in your prayers. I prayed as well for all of you. U are so right time is ticking fast. I pick him up Aug. 30th. I have to call to let them know I'm coming to get him. That's one phone call I'm looking forward to making in about 3 more weeks. God bless you all. Take care.

fancyrebel
07-26-2009, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone, hope you all had a great weekend. I went to see my son and he said that three inmates had to go to the hospital this past week. I am really concerned about the deaths and all. It seems they are just not getting their meds as they should. I guess they are just not equiped to handle sick folks. Other then that I had a very nice visit with J.R.
well until later God Bless & Prayers as always.
Donna I hope you are feeling better.:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm so glad to hear from everyone hope everyone had a great weekend as for us it was the same as always lonley. I really hate being home alone it seems the nights get longer and longer. I hope that the time for august goes by just as fast as july. hope everyone has a great week. take care and God Bless you all to my new family.

fancyrebel
08-01-2009, 02:49 PM
:thumbsup:Hi everyone. I hope all have a great weekend. I am worried about Donna. Has anyone heard from her? And I wonder what happened to Bill? WEll God bless you all and prayers as always.

MisinMyBro
08-01-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

Wow it's been a while since I have been on. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Am doing fine and so is the family. Spoke to my brother today and he still hasn't been accepted anywhere yet. He's sent out tons of letters and is just waiting. He found some place in Houston and spoke to the guy who is in charge and has written letters there. Just waiting for an acceptence letter. I guess if he doesn't fine a place he will have to stay there longer. He's suppose to graduate from that DWI class August 10th.

Man is it ever hot here in Florida. I see that it gets pretty hot in Texas as well. Is the humidity bad there? Never been there but hope to visit my brother when he settles down in Houston. Well i better get going. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and will stop by sooner.

joelmd
08-02-2009, 02:51 PM
hello,

i'm new to this thread. my brother was just recently transferred to this unit for participation in the safp.

from reading through the previous posting i gather this unit is rather new and actually one of the few units with air conditioning. does anyone have insight into the safp at this unit?

thanks.

fancyrebel
08-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

Wow it's been a while since I have been on. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Am doing fine and so is the family. Spoke to my brother today and he still hasn't been accepted anywhere yet. He's sent out tons of letters and is just waiting. He found some place in Houston and spoke to the guy who is in charge and has written letters there. Just waiting for an acceptence letter. I guess if he doesn't fine a place he will have to stay there longer. He's suppose to graduate from that DWI class August 10th.

Man is it ever hot here in Florida. I see that it gets pretty hot in Texas as well. Is the humidity bad there? Never been there but hope to visit my brother when he settles down in Houston. Well i better get going. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and will stop by sooner.
Hi Misinmy bro, good to hear from you. My son also finishes the DWI class on the 10th. But it looks like he will be there until Sept. or Oct. Yes I am so glad it is air conditioned. It gets hot here and we have the hunidity. I lived in Fla. for a while back in the 90's. And the weather is about the same. We have been having triple digits but the humidity makes it almost unbearable.I hope your Bro. finds a place soon. Good luck and have a great week.:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
hello,

i'm new to this thread. my brother was just recently transferred to this unit for participation in the safp.

from reading through the previous posting i gather this unit is rather new and actually one of the few units with air conditioning. does anyone have insight into the safp at this unit?

thanks.
Hi and welcome to the thread. I don't knwo anything about the safp. My son is finishing a DWI class on the 10th of this month.It was a six month class.
Ye sit is a rather new unit and they are finishing some addon to it. It is air conditioned. Thank goodness! With htis heat we have been having. Myabe someone will come along that can help you with the safp question. Again welcome and you will find lots of help here. Good Luck:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
08-03-2009, 07:49 PM
hello,

thanks.

hi joelmd :)
welcome to our site it is great to have others on. My husband is there for the dwi program but what he has told me is that safp only stays the time given and goes home it could be one month or six months the great thing about this place is that they get to call home starting friday at 6pm you can call the facility and set up a cheaper phone rate and even get it to where he can call your cell phone. Well again welcome to our family.
how was everyone's weekend? as for me well I spoke to Sal on Sunday he sounded so lonely it made me cry. I wish this was over soon. But we still have 4months to go and then we will see what happens from there. well I hope everyone has a great week and I'll check back later in the week. Oh yea missin has your bro tried the Corpus Christi area I hear they have a few halfway houses. I'll try to call from here and get back to you.:confused:

joelmd
08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
thanks for welcoming into the group.

i actually spoke with my brother this weekend. i was surprised since he has only been there like 2 weeks. what is this about a cheaper phone rate? i had read throught previous posts and had seen where i would have to set up an account structured with a monthly fee and a per call fee and also a per minute fee. but i did no such thing. could the phone thing just vary on who my land line provider is?

i hope all are having a great week so far.

fancyrebel
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
thanks for welcoming into the group.

i actually spoke with my brother this weekend. i was surprised since he has only been there like 2 weeks. what is this about a cheaper phone rate? i had read throught previous posts and had seen where i would have to set up an account structured with a monthly fee and a per call fee and also a per minute fee. but i did no such thing. could the phone thing just vary on who my land line provider is?

i hope all are having a great week so far.
I have mine come to my cell phone. The land line collect calls are so expensive.

fancyrebel
08-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi I hope you are all having agreat weekend. And for those visiting your loved ones Be Safe. I plan on going next weekend. The Good Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise. Have a good weekend and prayers as always, :thumbsup:

MisinMyBro
08-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi Everyone and welcome to the new comers. Weekene was nice but hot. Heard from my bro and he finally heard back from a place in Houston and got the acceptence letter. He just recieved it. I guess his counselor or whatever you call them has to go through everything and he signs it and sends it back. His DWI course ended today but he's thinking that they won't be letting him out yet until the half way house situation is taken care of. Just happy that he has found a place and am praying that it will still all work out for him.

bella210
08-11-2009, 02:06 AM
I need help! My boyfriend is waiting to be transfered to a isf unit. He has been in bexar county jail for 2 months. His paperwork was stamped 30 days ago. It ordered 60 days in an isf unit for parole a violation. I don't understand how any of this works.
I miss him dearly! I have no idea where and when he will be sent. I was told there are only 5 isf units in Texas, is this right? How do Visits and phone calls work?

fancyrebel
08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi Everyone and welcome to the new comers. Weekene was nice but hot. Heard from my bro and he finally heard back from a place in Houston and got the acceptence letter. He just recieved it. I guess his counselor or whatever you call them has to go through everything and he signs it and sends it back. His DWI course ended today but he's thinking that they won't be letting him out yet until the half way house situation is taken care of. Just happy that he has found a place and am praying that it will still all work out for him.
Hi Misin, I am happy for you and your bro. Glad they finally got him a plce. My son is due to be released in Oct. I pray it all goes through. Good Luck and God Bless:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I need help! My boyfriend is waiting to be transfered to a isf unit. He has been in bexar county jail for 2 months. His paperwork was stamped 30 days ago. It ordered 60 days in an isf unit for parole a violation. I don't understand how any of this works.
I miss him dearly! I have no idea where and when he will be sent. I was told there are only 5 isf units in Texas, is this right? How do Visits and phone calls work?
Hi Bella and welcome. Yes I blieve there are only five ISF units in Texas. One in Brownfield, Fort Worth, Houston, Longview, & Henderson. My son is in Henderson. It is a nice place AC also.
As far as phone calls they can call collect ir you can have it set up on your cell phone through Conversant techoliges. Visits are contact on Sat. & Sunday from 8-5. Sunday is the best time to go not as crowded. Rules as far as dress are the same as TDJC. Here is the website for phone.
www.cticorrections.com (http://www.cticorrections.com)
You have to put a min. of 50.00 on each time. It cost about 6.00 per phone call and they are 15 minutes. God Bless & Prayers as always.:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
08-11-2009, 07:19 PM
hi everyone hope your week is going well it's been really hot here in south tx no rain and things are really dry. seems like the ac is just going and going and no relief. I got a letter from sal this week he is very upset cuz it seems that everyone in the dwi class is getting denied. he has untill nov to go but it really worries him. I am glad to hear that your loved ones are getting out soon can't wait for that to happen to us well have a great week and talk to you'll soon. welcome new comers hope you get the answers you are looking for.

fancyrebel
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
hi everyone hope your week is going well it's been really hot here in south tx no rain and things are really dry. seems like the ac is just going and going and no relief. I got a letter from sal this week he is very upset cuz it seems that everyone in the dwi class is getting denied. he has untill nov to go but it really worries him. I am glad to hear that your loved ones are getting out soon can't wait for that to happen to us well have a great week and talk to you'll soon. welcome new comers hope you get the answers you are looking for.
Hi SalsGal, Yes we were hoping my son would be released when he finished the DWI class but , he finished the 10th and they are saying he won't be released until Oct!!
I know the heat here in east texas has been bad too. We haver not had our AC off in over a month and you know what that does to the bill.Have a great hump day and just hang in there this too shall pass. God Bless & Prayers as always.:thumbsup:

sal's girl 63
08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Hi SalsGal, Yes we were hoping my son would be released when he finished the DWI class but , he finished the 10th and they are saying he won't be released until Oct!!
I know the heat here in east texas has been bad too. We haver not had our AC off in over a month and you know what that does to the bill.Have a great hump day and just hang in there this too shall pass. God Bless & Prayers as always.:thumbsup:
thank you fancy I can't wait until tomorrow cuz we get the phone call we wait for every friday. seems we live for friday at 8pm but i know that with GOD's help we will soon be reunited. hang in there it's already the middle of August and Oct will soon be here take care and have a great rest of the week. Later:)

fancyrebel
08-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi everyone, I hope you have agreat weekend. I am going to see my soin on Sunday and I can hardly wait. I need my hug! HAHA
Catch you guys later. Have a great wekend. Prayers & Blessing as always

fancyrebel
08-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. I saw my son and he was good. We had a really nice visit. It just ended too soon. Hope all have a good week.
Misin any more news on your bro?
Sals gal how are you doing? Fine I hope.
And everyone else I pray you have a waonderful week. God Bless & Prayers as always:thumbsup:

joelmd
08-16-2009, 09:48 PM
hello. just wanted to say hello. seems like everyone got the opportunity to speak/visit with their loved, me too. my brother seems to be doing ok. he is looking forward to a visit but i think that is still a couple of weeks before he is elgible.

i hope everyone has a good week.

joel

sal's girl 63
08-17-2009, 06:08 PM
hello everyone great to hear from everyone I'm glad everyone in doing good as for us we are fine. Sal called and it made my weekend go by so much faster. but now it's monday again and we have to wait another 14 days before we hear his voice again. well the weather has not changed any here i saw that there was a few storms in the water i hope we get some rain from those cuz it is so dry down here that the grass turns on fire just with the sun. hope everyone has a great week. Prayers always

fancyrebel
08-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone, Sal, Joel & Bella. I am glqad al had a good wekend. Mine was good. I pray you all have a great week. God Bless & prayers as always

fancyrebel
08-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Hi everyone. I hope you all had a great week and have an even better weekend. we got some much needed rain here in east Texas last night. And it healped to keep things cooler today. Ant going to see loved ones this weekend, BE SAFE. Love Prayers & God Bless as always

Crysla
08-25-2009, 10:50 AM
I know I don't post much, just help now and again when I think I can, but I am sitting here at work, praying to every god in the universe that my husband Bill whose program was up 8/10 and whose PRD which he got a serve all to last year is 9/24, makes his RMS this month. The serve all is to his PRD. He just completed the 6 month DWI Program. I called the Palestine Board yesterday and they don't even have his file yet. Making me a bit crazy. They do have to vote on it by 9/24 and I assume he should be released by that date so the vote should be very soon as they also have to approve parole plan, etc. Does anyone know when Palestine receives files? No use calling again til they do, but I am going to call the IPO here at Henderson to see if they sent it. Tried last night, but their VM is messed up so couldn't even leave a message. Background. Fourth DWI, serving a Travis County 3 year and a Williamson County 4 year concurrently. Yep, he got the 4th while on probation for the 3rd. He's been perfect while in the system and has done tons of self help and religious classes on his own. He wants to go back to school when he gets home, which I totally, totally support. He's actually been checking out math books from the prison library to brush up. He is so smart, but common sense and drinking aren't ever buddy, buddy. He hasn't had many problems inside, beyond what anyone would have and not get in trouble for. Even said, he is VERY ready to come home and I think he has actually learned his lesson. Many adjustments will have to be made, but I do think we'll make it as we've discussed both sides. Not asking for info on what his chances are, just letting you know what he is in for. Thanks for letting me use this forum to vent justalittle and ask for your thoughts and prayers justalot. :)

What will be, will be,

Crystal

fancyrebel
08-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I know I don't post much, just help now and again when I think I can, but I am sitting here at work, praying to every god in the universe that my husband Bill whose program was up 8/10 and whose PRD which he got a serve all to last year is 9/24, makes his RMS this month. The serve all is to his PRD. He just completed the 6 month DWI Program. I called the Palestine Board yesterday and they don't even have his file yet. Making me a bit crazy. They do have to vote on it by 9/24 and I assume he should be released by that date so the vote should be very soon as they also have to approve parole plan, etc. Does anyone know when Palestine receives files? No use calling again til they do, but I am going to call the IPO here at Henderson to see if they sent it. Tried last night, but their VM is messed up so couldn't even leave a message. Background. Fourth DWI, serving a Travis County 3 year and a Williamson County 4 year concurrently. Yep, he got the 4th while on probation for the 3rd. He's been perfect while in the system and has done tons of self help and religious classes on his own. He wants to go back to school when he gets home, which I totally, totally support. He's actually been checking out math books from the prison library to brush up. He is so smart, but common sense and drinking aren't ever buddy, buddy. He hasn't had many problems inside, beyond what anyone would have and not get in trouble for. Even said, he is VERY ready to come home and I think he has actually learned his lesson. Many adjustments will have to be made, but I do think we'll make it as we've discussed both sides. Not asking for info on what his chances are, just letting you know what he is in for. Thanks for letting me use this forum to vent justalittle and ask for your thoughts and prayers justalot. :)

What will be, will be,

Crystal
Hi Crystal, I know my son is also at ETF He also completed the DWI class on the same date as your husband. I also called the Palestine board today and they told me the same tihing, no files. He was interviewed qa while back and was told by the interviewer that he was looking at abot the middle of Sept. or the first of Oct. I know we just get anxious. They are not the ones who need them home, are they?
God Bless & Prayers as always, Linda:thumbsup:

Crysla
08-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks Linda. I'll be thinking about and praying for everyone our little thread. I will probably go see him in a couple of weeks. I live in North Austin. I go on Saturdays to the counseling to get the extra hour of visitation which is awesome. Since we are on basically the same timeline, I'll post anything new I hear from them as soon as I hear it and will check in here to see how it's going with ya'll. Like I said his PRD is 9/24. They have to at the very least vote on his RMS by then...and YES, I am VERY anxious. Totally wound up. I quit smoking and am eating everything in sight....lol. Oh well....at least I am healthier inside...:)

Take care....Crystal

strawberry6977
08-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Hi all!

I havent had a chance to read 100% of this Thread yet, but have read the 1st and last parts so far...

Does everyone in the DWI Program get "voted" there by the Parole Board or are close to their PRD? Or any other ways to get into it?

My husband begins at the ETTC on Monday (We're so VERY excited) but it was a pleasant surprise, because he wasn't voted into the Program. We pray this will be the beginning of the end of his time in prison...but either way, we're SO thankful he is getting the help he needs and deserves!! :)

Any quick rules to give the newbie here? For instance, I'm assuming the 1st 30-days has no visitation? I'll probably mail him a letter tomorrow...

Thanks!

joelmd
08-30-2009, 09:31 AM
hello Sal, Bella, fancyrebel, crysla, and strawberry6977.

i hope all are doing well. i have been really tired the past couple of weeks but otherwise doing good.

strawberry6977, i think you are right about the visitation and waiting 30 days before eligble. other than that i'm not too sure about other rules. my brother has only been there about 1 month and falls under the safp program. i'm not sure they have the same rules as the dwi program.

i think it took about two weeks before we were able to send a letter but i'm not sure it was because of a rule.

i think most of the others on this thread have their loved one in the same program as you and will probably have better insight.

strawberry6977
08-30-2009, 12:31 PM
BTW, I've heard mixed stories throughout this thread:

Does ETTF use JPay (transfer it from previous Commissary/Trust Fund from TDCJ)? Or do we have to start over with Money Orders or Western Union??

He gets to ETTF tomorrow, and he needs to have his Commissary because Shampoo busted all over his stuff while in transfer. Thanks!

strawberry6977
08-31-2009, 12:48 PM
I answered my own 1st question...I called ETTF. :) There is no waiting period before eligible visits -- it is just like any other unit for visitation. And as you have already stated in the thread earlier, the mailing address is different than that on the TDCJ website.

PO Box 8000
Henderson, TX 75653

Crysla
08-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Fancy,

His file is still at the Palestine IPO office 903-729-3698, and they said they move files at the end of the week to the Parole Board Office 903-723-1068, so I really have no need to call until Friday. The guy I talked to said to call the IPO office as they will know what has happened to file since they are the ones who have it, in case it's in transit. That's all I got....hopefully will know something new Friday. :)

Crystal

Crysla
08-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Yes, they use Jpay, and somewhere in the thread is the phone number for the phone system. Now that you have plenty of time to research as he won't be eligible for that for 30 days and it'll probably be longer vthan that before he actually gets his pin# to make the calls.

Crystal

BTW, I've heard mixed stories throughout this thread:

Does ETTF use JPay (transfer it from previous Commissary/Trust Fund from TDCJ)? Or do we have to start over with Money Orders or Western Union??

He gets to ETTF tomorrow, and he needs to have his Commissary because Shampoo busted all over his stuff while in transfer. Thanks!

fancyrebel
09-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Yes, they use Jpay, and somewhere in the thread is the phone number for the phone system. Now that you have plenty of time to research as he won't be eligible for that for 30 days and it'll probably be longer vthan that before he actually gets his pin# to make the calls.

Crystal
Hello everyone, I have not been on lately because I have just gotten out of the hospital. I ahd a heart attack but i am doing OK.
here is the phone number for the phone. 972-964-7010 my son got his pin on the same day.
The visit can start anytinme. My son went to Henderson on 2-5 and I had a contact with him on 2-14.God bless & prayers as always:thumbsup:

joelmd
09-01-2009, 08:53 PM
fancyrebel,

i am sorry to hear that. i hope you have a speedy recovery. i will keep you in my prayers.

sal's girl 63
09-03-2009, 10:01 PM
hello all i'm glad to see the new comers hope u find useful info here. and fancy i am sorry to hear that you were sick i hope and pray you feel better. I had been busy with school 9 more months till i become a nurse. it's been stressful since i am only working part-time. but i know it will be okay. Sal just marked his half way point. but i have been hearing that they are delaying the releasses. Sal asked me about the new laws that went into effect 9-1 but i haven't had time to look them up any info will help well take care and have a great weekend

fancyrebel
09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
HI everyon4e, I hope all had a safe & happy Labor Day. My grand daughter went to see my son on Sunday. And they had set up a check point. Searched the car, even glove box , their purse's and persons. They also had to park around back not close to the door as usual. I was just wondering if anyone knew what was goping on ? God Bless & Prayers as always, Linda

GraysonMom
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone, I have not been on lately because I have just gotten out of the hospital. I ahd a heart attack but i am doing OK.
here is the phone number for the phone. 972-964-7010 my son got his pin on the same day.
The visit can start anytinme. My son went to Henderson on 2-5 and I had a contact with him on 2-14.God bless & prayers as always:thumbsup:

Hi Linda and all. Linda, I hope your taking care of yourself and just wanted to let you know your in our prayers. I hope your husband and JR is doing fine. Hopefully your son will be home soon. I have not been online much lately but wanted to check in. Take care and blessings as always.

strawberry6977
09-08-2009, 12:13 PM
As some may know, I am new to this particular Forum, as my husband got transferred there officially last Tues morning...

I sent him a letter on Monday afternoon, and for it to get to East Texas normally only takes 1 day mail time. As of this weekend he had still not received it. I recall a few mentions here that the mail was slow...but I didn't think it would be THAT slow..??

I am sending it to his name, TDCJ#, then the unit's mailing address (PO Box 8000, Henderson, TX 75653). Am I missing something, or is it just that slow?

Thanks!

P.S. Don't get me started on the Medical Department. It's been a week and still no Medical Records being transferred from TDCJ to there, so my husband hasn't been on his meds for a week now!!

fancyrebel
09-08-2009, 07:05 PM
As some may know, I am new to this particular Forum, as my husband got transferred there officially last Tues morning...

I sent him a letter on Monday afternoon, and for it to get to East Texas normally only takes 1 day mail time. As of this weekend he had still not received it. I recall a few mentions here that the mail was slow...but I didn't think it would be THAT slow..??

I am sending it to his name, TDCJ#, then the unit's mailing address (PO Box 8000, Henderson, TX 75653). Am I missing something, or is it just that slow?

Thanks!

P.S. Don't get me started on the Medical Department. It's been a week and still no Medical Records being transferred from TDCJ to there, so my husband hasn't been on his meds for a week now!!
Hi Strawberry, yes the mail is very slow. getting to the inmates. I get a letter the next day from my son and it may take a week for him to get one from me. I think it is the unit.
the address is right and you address the envelope right too. It is just them.
And yes the medical part is also slow. They can call just about any night, if the phones are on!! God Bless and just hang on.
Is he taking the DWI class.? My son just finished it Aug. 10th but still has to go to the classes. He has been there since Feb. God Bless & Prayers As Always, Linda:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Hi Linda and all. Linda, I hope your taking care of yourself and just wanted to let you know your in our prayers. I hope your husband and JR is doing fine. Hopefully your son will be home soon. I have not been online much lately but wanted to check in. Take care and blessings as always.
Hi Donna so good to hear from you. I am trying to take care of myself. With only 45% of my heart working I can't do much else.
I am glad you are doing OK. and yes those little ones can wear you out.
Steve is fine just working too hard as usual. And J.R. is so anixious to be home especially since I have been sick. WEll God Bless & Prayers As always, Linda Stay in touch.:thumbsup:

strawberry6977
09-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi Linda!
Thanks so much for the quick reply!!

I just received the mail/envelope back yesterday "Return To Sender"...not sure why. It got to the unit the day he got there, so maybe the mailroom didn't have his info quite yet. I hope so, because I sent him 2 letters since then. I didn't put his dorm # on the envelope, so I hope that isn't what the problem is...

Yes, he is in the DWI Program. We're very thankful and excited for him to be there.

Prayers to you and yours as well! :)

Hi Strawberry, yes the mail is very slow. getting to the inmates. I get a letter the next day from my son and it may take a week for him to get one from me. I think it is the unit.
the address is right and you address the envelope right too. It is just them.
And yes the medical part is also slow. They can call just about any night, if the phones are on!! God Bless and just hang on.
Is he taking the DWI class.? My son just finished it Aug. 10th but still has to go to the classes. He has been there since Feb. God Bless & Prayers As Always, Linda:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
09-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi Linda!
Thanks so much for the quick reply!!

I just received the mail/envelope back yesterday "Return To Sender"...not sure why. It got to the unit the day he got there, so maybe the mailroom didn't have his info quite yet. I hope so, because I sent him 2 letters since then. I didn't put his dorm # on the envelope, so I hope that isn't what the problem is...

Yes, he is in the DWI Program. We're very thankful and excited for him to be there.

Prayers to you and yours as well! :)
Hi Strawberry, you don't have :thumbsup:to have the dorm # on his mail. I don't even know what my sons is LOL

MisinMyBro
09-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing fine. My bro just called me and said that they called his name along with 2 other guys and they are transfering them. They said something abou the Walls. He's thinking that after he's there they will move him to Hamilton. He hasn't even talked to the parole board yet so why are they moving him? Does that mean that he'll be in there for a lot longer? Anyone know? I was hoping he would be out soon. He finished the DWI course August 10th. Anyone know if I can call him at the Walls? He seems to think there is no phone system there. Also, can I transfer my phone over to another facility?

God Bless!

strawberry6977
09-10-2009, 09:25 AM
They are probably moving him to make room for new inmates to go thru the program. Walls/Huntsville is normally where they send people before they are released...so that is probably good news.

I'm not sure if that particular unit has phones yet (since phones are fairly new to TDCJ). But if they do, it is a completely different and more strict phone company and system than ETTF. You have to have a landline that is in your own name (no cell phones), be on your inmates visitation list, etc.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing fine. My bro just called me and said that they called his name along with 2 other guys and they are transfering them. They said something abou the Walls. He's thinking that after he's there they will move him to Hamilton. He hasn't even talked to the parole board yet so why are they moving him? Does that mean that he'll be in there for a lot longer? Anyone know? I was hoping he would be out soon. He finished the DWI course August 10th. Anyone know if I can call him at the Walls? He seems to think there is no phone system there. Also, can I transfer my phone over to another facility?

God Bless!

strawberry6977
09-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Since this will be my 1st visit at this unit (ETTF - DWI); we will be visiting on Saturday. What is the best time to go that isn't as busy? We have to entertain a 2-year old, and the less of a line we have the better... Is it best to get there right at 8am, or wait a bit? Thanks!

MisinMyBro
09-10-2009, 10:31 AM
The parole board was suppose to see him after the course was over at East Texas and haven't yet. Aren't they suppose to see him there before he is released?

strawberry6977
09-10-2009, 11:35 AM
Unless someone else says otherwise - it is my understanding that it doesn't matter where the inmate is housed when Parole reviews him. All that matters to them is that he completed the program successfully. They will see his completion in his file and go off of that. Normally most if not all inmates go to Walls/Huntsville prior to release anyway.

The parole board was suppose to see him after the course was over at East Texas and haven't yet. Aren't they suppose to see him there before he is released?

in Christ
09-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I would like some info please...... I'm reading about things like getting your license back. Does a convicted felon automatically lose theoir license in Texas?? he is in for so offenses and coming up on two years served in a three sentence. Can anyone help me know what comes next? he is in Tulia which I understand is a transfer facility, so I trust he must be moved somewhere soon. He went to huntsvill 3/07...Any info is appreciated.

BillM
09-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi Linda, Donna, and everyone else. I can't believe it has been 3 months since my last post. Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your heart attack. I hope you are doing better and I hope J.R. is home soon.

Thanks for all the prayers!! I had my hip replacement surgery on June 22 (was delayed a week) and I am doing well. I rarely even use a cane now and I am getting stronger every day and my range of motion is improving. Hopefully I will be able to tie my own shoe again soon. :) My daughter is excited because now I can play hide and seek with her again. Soon I will be able to chase her around the yard again as well. I have been really busy trying to get caught up at my business from the time I was out for my Surgery and recovery. Things are getting back on track business wise just not on the home front.

My wife was released to the house on July 17 and our family doctor was horrified about the combination of medications they were giving her at ISF. He changed her medications back to what they were before and gave her some additional medications to help her transition off what they were giving her at ISF. She had problems (black outs, blurry vision, anxiety attacks, heart racing, hallucinations, etc) and it got to the point over the next couple of weeks that we were trying to get her admitted to the hospital psychiatric center through the emergency room but she seemed to get better and we didn't. We were going to see her regular Doctor the following morning. The problem was that she really wasn't better and she wound up leaving the house that same night after curfew (electronic monitoring) and was picked up walking down the street at 2:30am on August 7th. She got ISF again for the curfew violation and will be transfered in the morning. I'm guessing that she is going back to ETTF ISF. She is going to refuse her medication if they try to give her the same stuff again. It was a little over a month after she was released from ISF that she seemed herself again. I knew something was wrong when I went to visit her in June. She was definately not herself then. I wish they had proper medical care at ISF so they would not screw up her medication which has already started in County and is just going to get worse at ISF.

Anyway, so here we go again. Can't change the system... I just hope she survives it.... I just have to trust God to watch over her and us.

Bill

BillM
09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I would like some info please...... I'm reading about things like getting your license back. Does a convicted felon automatically lose theoir license in Texas?? he is in for so offenses and coming up on two years served in a three sentence. Can anyone help me know what comes next? he is in Tulia which I understand is a transfer facility, so I trust he must be moved somewhere soon. He went to huntsvill 3/07...Any info is appreciated.
My undestanding is that the license is lost depending on the charge. It is suppose to be automatic for any drug conviction even though I know of an instance when that did not happen. I'm not sure about DWI or other felonies. You might do a search on this forum or contact TxDPS or check out thier web site for more info on suspended liscense and how to get it back. Most likely, there are surcharges you have to deal with.

Bill

strawberry6977
09-11-2009, 12:08 PM
BillM is correct. For DWI, it is normally the case to have a suspended license for Felony convictions until you take the TxDPS DWI class. Also, depending on if they slap on some moving violations and therefore put surcharges on your license that you have to pay for it to be unsuspended. As for other Felony convictions (non drug/alcohol related) - I wouldn't see why they would suspend your license unless it was a motor vehicle related Felony.

fancyrebel
09-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Linda, Donna, and everyone else. I can't believe it has been 3 months since my last post. Linda, I'm so sorry to hear about your heart attack. I hope you are doing better and I hope J.R. is home soon.

Thanks for all the prayers!! I had my hip replacement surgery on June 22 (was delayed a week) and I am doing well. I rarely even use a cane now and I am getting stronger every day and my range of motion is improving. Hopefully I will be able to tie my own shoe again soon. :) My daughter is excited because now I can play hide and seek with her again. Soon I will be able to chase her around the yard again as well. I have been really busy trying to get caught up at my business from the time I was out for my Surgery and recovery. Things are getting back on track business wise just not on the home front.

My wife was released to the house on July 17 and our family doctor was horrified about the combination of medications they were giving her at ISF. He changed her medications back to what they were before and gave her some additional medications to help her transition off what they were giving her at ISF. She had problems (black outs, blurry vision, anxiety attacks, heart racing, hallucinations, etc) and it got to the point over the next couple of weeks that we were trying to get her admitted to the hospital psychiatric center through the emergency room but she seemed to get better and we didn't. We were going to see her regular Doctor the following morning. The problem was that she really wasn't better and she wound up leaving the house that same night after curfew (electronic monitoring) and was picked up walking down the street at 2:30am on August 7th. She got ISF again for the curfew violation and will be transfered in the morning. I'm guessing that she is going back to ETTF ISF. She is going to refuse her medication if they try to give her the same stuff again. It was a little over a month after she was released from ISF that she seemed herself again. I knew something was wrong when I went to visit her in June. She was definately not herself then. I wish they had proper medical care at ISF so they would not screw up her medication which has already started in County and is just going to get worse at ISF.

Anyway, so here we go again. Can't change the system... I just hope she survives it.... I just have to trust God to watch over her and us.

Bill
Bill so good to hear from yu. I have been ondering how you ere doing after your surgery.Glad it is going ell ith you.
I am so sorry about your wife. And no they do not have good medical at ETTF.My son doesnot get his meds the ay he should. He is a heart patient. I am just praying he can hang on until he gets out. I called today and he is up fopr revie but they have not made a decision as fo yet. It is just a waiting game.
Your doesnot have to take the meds they give her if it is not right.
Please stay in touch and prayers as always. Oh I am feeling better just can't do too much. I tire so easy. But I am better.:thumbsup:

strawberry6977
09-14-2009, 01:31 PM
When I visited my husband this weekend he was telling me about this unfortunate death - and there are so many at this unit for some reason. It's not just the Medical, but also the fact that the guards don't have keys for the inside dorms - they have to radio or push the button to get in and out...and sometimes they wait there for up to 10 minutes for a door to open. Heaven forbid there were an emergency of some kind!

My husband has a hernia, and is on other meds for his mental health. I just pray for his protection, health, and he'll be taken care of appropriately!! He'll only be there 6 months, and we're just thankful he is there in the DWI Program! :angel:

I am quite concerned about something my son told me tonight. Another inmate died today at ETTF . The 4th one since April. It seems this man had been there about 2 weeks. He was a very bad diabetic, had cirrosis of the liver and something wrong with his colon. They had just started giving him his meds. This morning he said he just didnt feel like going to get his meds. No one came to see about him and a little while later, my son said he was very white and he was spanish, anyway he was dead! J.R said he should have never been there because he was in such poor health. They just don't have the drs. & such and they don't give meds like they should. He had a very bad place on his leg and J.R. walked by his bed and he said it was ozzing. So my son went and told the gaurd. That was yesterday. He was two beds down from my son. It is just disturbing.
Donna I pray you are feeling better. And I hpope every one had a great weekend. God Bless & Prayers as always.

fancyrebel
09-14-2009, 08:12 PM
When I visited my husband this weekend he was telling me about this unfortunate death - and there are so many at this unit for some reason. It's not just the Medical, but also the fact that the guards don't have keys for the inside dorms - they have to radio or push the button to get in and out...and sometimes they wait there for up to 10 minutes for a door to open. Heaven forbid there were an emergency of some kind!

My husband has a hernia, and is on other meds for his mental health. I just pray for his protection, health, and he'll be taken care of appropriately!! He'll only be there 6 months, and we're just thankful he is there in the DWI Program! :angel:
Yes there have been like 4 deaths since my son has been there. He said this one man should have never been there. He had so much wrong with him. My son saw him lying on his bunk and told the guard they had better check on him and sure enough he was gone. It kind of makes us worry even more. God Bless & Prayers as always:thumbsup:

BillM
09-15-2009, 01:45 PM

I hope your Husband watches the medications they give him. My wife takes medications for her mental health and what they wound up giving her really caused her problems. We initially thought her blurry vision was the result of getting older but it got so bad so quick we wondered about medication. She kept trying to get the problem addressed while she was there to no avail. Once she got out and her regular doctor took her off what they had given her her vision returned to normal fairly quickly unfortunately the other problems did not clear up quickly.

BillM
09-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Bill so good to hear from yu. I have been ondering how you ere doing after your surgery.Glad it is going ell ith you.
I am so sorry about your wife. And no they do not have good medical at ETTF.My son doesnot get his meds the ay he should. He is a heart patient. I am just praying he can hang on until he gets out. I called today and he is up fopr revie but they have not made a decision as fo yet. It is just a waiting game.
Your doesnot have to take the meds they give her if it is not right.
Please stay in touch and prayers as always. Oh I am feeling better just can't do too much. I tire so easy. But I am better.:thumbsup:
Hi Linda,
I'm glad you are doing better. Thanks for the prayers. She is showing up in the computer now and she is back at ETTF. I need to get the phone set up again. Take care of yourself.
Bill

fancyrebel
09-16-2009, 08:51 AM
I hope your Husband watches the medications they give him. My wife takes medications for her mental health and what they wound up giving her really caused her problems. We initially thought her blurry vision was the result of getting older but it got so bad so quick we wondered about medication. She kept trying to get the problem addressed while she was there to no avail. Once she got out and her regular doctor took her off what they had given her her vision returned to normal fairly quickly unfortunately the other problems did not clear up quickly.
They gave my son what he thought was antibiotics for a tooth ache and then some blood pressure meds. He had spells with them and he just quite taking them and returned ot normal. He would have shaky spells and he said he just didnot feel good. So yes please be careful.:thumbsup:

Crysla
09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Well all. It's been a couple of weeks and I have been going crazy. Bill's DWI program was up August 10th and his PRD is 9/24. We got a YES, but they bumped his release date by 6 days to 9/30. I"LL TAKE IT!!!! The Parole Officer here in Austin called yesterday to verify residence to be released to, so now just waiting for him to call me back. I AM SOOOOO HAPPY Y'ALL!!!

Crystal

strawberry6977
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm sure he will... I doubt they would "slip" him pills that were not what they said they were giving him. It's a snails pace -- he had to see Psych, in addition to waiting for his records from TDCJ (to prove he was on these meds). I'm frustrated with the wait, but hey, if they are trying to give him the proper meds that he is used to and not just randomly giving him something that will make him a Zombie, I'm fine with that part. :) This particular medication is pretty main-stream and cheap as generic form and he has been taking it prior to and during his TDC stay.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife and the meds trouble she was having... If I were you and she gets back on these weird meds they were giving her, file a complaint with the Health Services Liason at TDCJ, and they'll begin an investigation.

strawberry6977
09-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Wow! What great news!! I'm glad y'all got your YES!! :thumbsup: :D

My husband said about 95% of inmates there get Paroled their next time up -- but of course I can't always give-in to that type of rumor or get hopes up too much. ;) But, it does make sense that if they went thru such an intense program, it would be logical to be released and not put back into general prison population to then lose or dwindle the knowledge they just learned instead of putting it to use in the freeworld.

Well all. It's been a couple of weeks and I have been going crazy. Bill's DWI program was up August 10th and his PRD is 9/24. We got a YES, but they bumped his release date by 6 days to 9/30. I"LL TAKE IT!!!! The Parole Officer here in Austin called yesterday to verify residence to be released to, so now just waiting for him to call me back. I AM SOOOOO HAPPY Y'ALL!!!

Crystal

strawberry6977
09-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Yeah, they probably didn't do a good job of making sure not to mix certain meds together to give an adverse reaction. I am actually allergic to amoxcillin, but ONLY if taken with my blood pressure meds. I break out in horrible itchy hives everywhere and I feel like I have the flu... I found that out the hard way, unfortunately. Once I stopped the amoxcillin, within a few days I felt perfectly fine. Meds can be a weird thing!

They gave my son what he thought was antibiotics for a tooth ache and then some blood pressure meds. He had spells with them and he just quite taking them and returned ot normal. He would have shaky spells and he said he just didnot feel good. So yes please be careful.:thumbsup:

Crysla
09-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks. I did get the call just as soon as lunchtime came, so we are good to go. I am so excited. :)

As for the meds thing. Bill is diabetic and he has gout and the medical treatment at ETTF has been very sketchy. He controls most of it with food, but the gout must have meds correct.

Crystal

Wow! What great news!! I'm glad y'all got your YES!! :thumbsup: :D

My husband said about 95% of inmates there get Paroled their next time up -- but of course I can't always give-in to that type of rumor or get hopes up too much. ;) But, it does make sense that if they went thru such an intense program, it would be logical to be released and not put back into general prison population to then lose or dwindle the knowledge they just learned instead of putting it to use in the freeworld.

fancyrebel
09-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Crystal
Congrats, Crystal, I know you are excited:thumbsup:

joelmd
09-21-2009, 06:44 PM
just a short note to say hello to all. i hope your weekend was good and you were able to enjoy the slightly cooler weather.

sal's girl 63
09-21-2009, 09:12 PM
hello everyone it is nice to see newcommers welcome. I have been so busy with school I had not had a chance to get on line but I'm still here and Sal is still there we only have 2 months to go and I am hoping for good news tell me what happened to Crysal

sal's girl 63
09-21-2009, 09:19 PM

Crystal
congrats to you and your husband i will pray that what he learned and uses it to stay home with his family where he belongs. God Bless you :thumbsup:

Crysla
09-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I am so excited. Getting my haircut saturday and buying a new outfit....pedicure this weekend. I just want to look pretty. I am sure if I showed up with no makeup in a flour sack, he wouldn't care, but you know how we girls are. I am also taking him a selection of clothes and toiletries, so he can make some of his own choices right away. Not stocking up too much in the kitchen as I know he is anxious to go grocery shopping. I am just gonna let him run the show a few days before we get back to equality in the household. He is much cleaner and a better cook than me anyway...lol. Silly....maybe....but that's my way of coping....and I don't think it's too bad. :)

Hugs and well wishes to you all in your journey thru the system,

Crystal;)

MisinMyBro
09-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Crysla, congrats on your husband getting out! I'm happy for the both of you. Fancy, how are you doing? And the rest of you, hope all is well. I got a letter from my brother and he is now in Hamilton. He was only at the Wall for the night. He's hanging in there and is hoping to be out in December but hasn't heard anything from the parole board yet. I really thought that he was going to get released from ETTF. He said the food is ok but they don't get enough and he's always hungry. I guess there is a phone system. I'm going to see if I can transfer the phone credits I have from ETTF. Does anyone know?

Well the weekend is around the corner and hope everyone has a great one.

joelmd
09-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Hello.

I'm thinking about visiting my brother tomorrow and could use some advice. I would drive up and back to houston the same day. This will be my first time visiting.

What can I have in my car for them to allow me to park? I will remove all of my tools and leave the jumper cables. Can I leave my cell phone in the car?

I know i can take quarters to buy snacks, but any other tipss on what to take or leave behind are appricated.

Thanks.

Joel

fancyrebel
09-25-2009, 03:20 PM
Hello.

I'm thinking about visiting my brother tomorrow and could use some advice. I would drive up and back to houston the same day. This will be my first time visiting.

What can I have in my car for them to allow me to park? I will remove all of my tools and leave the jumper cables. Can I leave my cell phone in the car?

I know i can take quarters to buy snacks, but any other tipss on what to take or leave behind are appricated.

Thanks.

Joel
Hi Joel,Your car they have started having more detailed checks. No meds in your car except prescrips. Yes you can leave your cell in car. It is pretty relaxed though. You will go through the usual checks. It ws that they didnot check your car but have started doing it. Just relax it will be OK. They will check your glove box also. At least they did the last time. I don't know if it was just that time or they do it all the time now.Good Luck and God Bless and have a safe trip.:thumbsup:

strawberry6977
09-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Please do keep us all updated on the Parole/release of your brother! :) I have heard (of course, we all know rumors arent necessarily true) but that 95% of inmates that go thru treatment are released immediately after (or within a few months after their completion of the program). So, I hope and pray your brother is released!

As for the phones - unfortunately TDCJ has a MUCH more strict and different phone system. It won't transfer from the phone company at ETTF, but you can call that company and get your credits refunded to you. You must have a landline in your own name and apply for the phone on a website (off the top of my head I cannot remember the web address - but ask your brother for that info - my husband mailed me the info but I threw it away once he got transferred to ETTF).

Crysla, congrats on your husband getting out! I'm happy for the both of you. Fancy, how are you doing? And the rest of you, hope all is well. I got a letter from my brother and he is now in Hamilton. He was only at the Wall for the night. He's hanging in there and is hoping to be out in December but hasn't heard anything from the parole board yet. I really thought that he was going to get released from ETTF. He said the food is ok but they don't get enough and he's always hungry. I guess there is a phone system. I'm going to see if I can transfer the phone credits I have from ETTF. Does anyone know?

Well the weekend is around the corner and hope everyone has a great one.

Crysla
09-26-2009, 09:41 PM
ii

fancyrebel
09-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Please do keep us all updated on the Parole/release of your brother! :) I have heard (of course, we all know rumors arent necessarily true) but that 95% of inmates that go thru treatment are released immediately after (or within a few months after their completion of the program). So, I hope and pray your brother is released!

As for the phones - unfortunately TDCJ has a MUCH more strict and different phone system. It won't transfer from the phone company at ETTF, but you can call that company and get your credits refunded to you. You must have a landline in your own name and apply for the phone on a website (off the top of my head I cannot remember the web address - but ask your brother for that info - my husband mailed me the info but I threw it away once he got transferred to ETTF).
my son completed his DWI class on Ayg. 10th and as yet we hae heard nothing about his release. I am calling every week and he is in Revie4w but they say no decision has been made as of yet. His PRD is Nov. 3rd but when he met with the conselor he was told Oct or sooner. I hope it will be soon. Prayers & Blessings as always:thumbsup:

Crysla
09-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Bill graduated August 10th also with a PRD of 9/24 and we didn't get an answer til 9/16 for him to be released to mandatory supervison on 9/30. His counselor also told him it'd be sooner, but that's not how it works. The counselor had to have their paperwork in a couple of months ago. He will be reviewed within 30 days of his PRD, so don't fret, it's just not time yet....but it should be very soon. Try calling the Palestine IPO office at 903-729-3698 and see if they still have his file. It should be there until they send it to the parole board office at 903-723-1068. A Mr. Langford was very nice at the IPO office, but can really only tell you if the file is where it should be. As soon as Bill was voted...they changed his release date and the parole officer here called me that day to verify residence. No home visit in Austin...may just be because he is just a DWI case, but it was nice not to have to worry about that. It was QUICK!!! I pick him up Wednesday but it was suggested that I call The Walls Tuesday afternoon, to verify everything.

Crystal

my son completed his DWI class on Ayg. 10th and as yet we hae heard nothing about his release. I am calling every week and he is in Revie4w but they say no decision has been made as of yet. His PRD is Nov. 3rd but when he met with the conselor he was told Oct or sooner. I hope it will be soon. Prayers & Blessings as always:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
09-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Bill graduated August 10th also with a PRD of 9/24 and we didn't get an answer til 9/16 for him to be released to mandatory supervison on 9/30. His counselor also told him it'd be sooner, but that's not how it works. The counselor had to have their paperwork in a couple of months ago. He will be reviewed within 30 days of his PRD, so don't fret, it's just not time yet....but it should be very soon. Try calling the Palestine IPO office at 903-729-3698 and see if they still have his file. It should be there until they send it to the parole board office at 903-723-1068. A Mr. Langford was very nice at the IPO office, but can really only tell you if the file is where it should be. As soon as Bill was voted...they changed his release date and the parole officer here called me that day to verify residence. No home visit in Austin...may just be because he is just a DWI case, but it was nice not to have to worry about that. It was QUICK!!! I pick him up Wednesday but it was suggested that I call The Walls Tuesday afternoon, to verify everything.

Crystal
Thank you Crystal, I wil call in the am( Monday) God bless & prayers as always:thumbsup:

fancyrebel
09-28-2009, 11:15 AM

Crystal
Crystal, I called The nu mber you gave me in Palestine and was told they have his file and that he is in review but no decision has been made. I am not sure what that means. The wiating is killing me:thumbsup:

Crysla
09-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Crystal, I called The nu mber you gave me in Palestine and was told they have his file and that he is in review but no decision has been made. I am not sure what that means. The wiating is killing me:thumbsup:

That just means his file is in the correct place and as soon as it hits 30 days before his PRD start asking if the file has gone to the voting board. Like I said, Bill's didn't get completed on the vote til 9 days before his PRD but the voting board had his file a week before that. I know it's hard, but it'll go faster now that you know WHERE the file is.

fancyrebel
09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
That just means his file is in the correct place and as soon as it hits 30 days before his PRD start asking if the file has gone to the voting board. Like I said, Bill's didn't get completed on the vote til 9 days before his PRD but the voting board had his file a week before that. I know it's hard, but it'll go faster now that you know WHERE the file is.
His PRD is Nov. 3rd. So I should start asking on Oct 3rd? Thanks and God Bless & Prayers as always.
And Tommorrow is your big day!!! How exciting !!:thumbsup:

Crysla
09-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I am about to burst I am sooo excited. They called him out for chain Sunday to start his journey in the wee hours Monday morning. I know because they told him early enough so he could call....so let your guys know they may know early enough to call and let you know at ETTF. I don't know where his journey took him yesterday as they didn't update the locator, but I called Huntsville "The Walls" 936-437-1549 or 936-437-1554 this morning since the locator had not been updated and they again verified his release. His locator updated a few minutes later. DO NOT RELY ON LOCATOR is my advice. CALL!!! You will feel better. So, I am at work, being useless with a goofy grin on my face, actually looking forward to finishing my cleaning at home and hitting the hay early as I have to set my alarm for 3 am.

Hugs to everyone....

Crystal