View Full Version : fci El Reno Oklahoma federal prison

golden child
10-17-2008, 01:32 AM
My man just went to federal prison on his way to EL Reno Oklahoma prison, people said its pretty crazy there with stabbings and fighting- was wondering if anyone knew anything about this prison??:eek:

codasgirl04
10-17-2008, 12:36 PM
you should post this in your state forum you may get more answers

irshnrse
10-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Welcome golden. Go to the Federal Forum and they will have all the info you need. Just go to the main page after you enter prisontalk.com and scroll down until you see "Federal Prison System" and then enter that forum. El Reno is in Oklahoma and in comparison to a lot of others, not that bad. Let me know if you need anything at all.

I would have posted a link, but I am on my phone typing this! :)

bradarthurs
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM
El reno is not bad if you want to stay out of trouble. If he has a bad crime he doesnt want to be there. stabbings and fights are usually between the hispanic gangs.

hankrearden2000
11-11-2008, 01:04 AM
El Reno is one of the best ran and most laid-back medium security prisons in the federal system.

racetracktony
04-20-2009, 12:28 AM
Welcome golden. Go to the Federal Forum and they will have all the info you need. Just go to the main page after you enter prisontalk.com and scroll down until you see "Federal Prison System" and then enter that forum. El Reno is in Oklahoma and in comparison to a lot of others, not that bad. Let me know if you need anything at all.

I would have posted a link, but I am on my phone typing this! :)

u said its not that bad on my way trying to find out some info dont think im going to the camp probably the medium heard they had a state wide lockdown know anything bout that would appreciate if u could let me know something

irshnrse
04-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Are you going to Federal or State?

Oklahoma state prisons were on lockdown awhile back statewide, but not now.

irshnrse
04-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh, and I have 2 BIL's in Federal Mediums and the are doing alright. Just try to not get caught up in all the games.

pirateprincess
06-11-2009, 06:10 PM
anyone know about RDAP at El Reno Oklahoma?

kristanadam
06-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Can somebody tell me a little about what it's like in El Reno?

My husband is at USP Terre Haute and in 6 months he can request a transfer to a medium, thanks to a reduction in his designation points. I just want him to be closer to home, you know 3 hours instead of 13 hrs (and no, I would NOT drive to Indiana from Dallas. Yuck!

irshnrse
06-29-2009, 08:41 AM
You might want to check the federal forum out here on PTO. It is a wonderful resource for answers regarding the federal system, which includes RDAP.
Here is a link...
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=273

OKCLobbyist
07-07-2009, 10:41 AM
Can somebody tell me a little about what it's like in El Reno?

My husband is at USP Terre Haute and in 6 months he can request a transfer to a medium, thanks to a reduction in his designation points. I just want him to be closer to home, you know 3 hours instead of 13 hrs (and no, I would NOT drive to Indiana from Dallas. Yuck!

I haven't been in the system in 11 years, but from what I remember, El Reno will be a far cry nicer than Terre Haute. Some convicts don't like it because in the lower levels you get more "inmates" than "convicts" and therefore more disrespect.

Other than that, I just pray the BOP will send him to El Reno instead of somewhere closer to Terre Haute. They have (or at least used to have) this aversion to actually doing anything nice. I understand that some things may have changed, but I cannot say from personal experience.

I wish you the best.