View Full Version : Need some info on inmates calling cell phones

momof1angel
12-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Hi Folks- I need some information. I live in California (San Jose/Gilroy area), I have a cell phone (Metro Pcs) and my boyfriend is an inmate at Lovelock, he calls but only collect. IF there is anyone that has a cell phone that gets calls from their guys on it or have metro that gets collect calls please let me know how to get it on my phone. Or if inmates are able to have calling cards... Like me purchasing a calling card and sending him the number and the pin to call.

Any help is great.

Thank you
Sabrina

harleyrk3
12-25-2008, 06:51 PM
I only have a cell phone and drive over the road with my husband so the only way for my son to call me is on my cell. I put money in the amount of 25.00 or 50.00 into a phone thing call Global Tel link 800-483-8314. I don't know if this will work in your state. My son is in Florida. But give it a try. It does cost $ 4 something for the 25 and $9 something for the 50. Hope this helps you.

Mrs.Official05
12-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Since he is in Nevada we go through Inmate Calling Solutions (ICS). We use to have GTL but not anymore.
It's easier and faster to set up a pre-paid account online
www.inmatecallingsolutions.com (http://www.inmatecallingsolutions.com)
Here's the phone number as well..
1-888-506-8407

justjoni1223
12-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Hi Momof1angel, I go through (Conscallhome.com). My son can call me directly thru to my cell phone. Cons call home sets up a phone # in the area of the prison he is at and it redirects the calls to your cell phone. Since they give you a local # for him to call the calls only cost about $2.00 a call. I've been using this for over a month now and it only cost me $18.00 for 200 minutes and something like $15.00 a one time charge for the phone #. Hope that helps, Joni

pmitch10
01-16-2009, 04:22 AM
I'm curious......what do they use on the prepaid accounts for the inmate to use in calling other numbers? In NH....they use their inmate id# and voice recognition by saying "United States," but since we just started using this system, almost immediately another inmate or two were using his account and making calls. I even have some of the phone numbers called but ICS says it is not possible.......though everybody can read your inmate id # on your front pocket as you need to carry it around with you for indentification purposes.

So.....most of the $100 put on his account has been used up and nobody is taking him or me seriously......basically calling us liars.......that it would be caught by voice recognition......yet to test it he put in United Kingdom rather than US and it went through....go figure. She said that would not be possible.....haha.

I even listened to a couple calls she played for me......the first one was him but another one was definitely not......she still did not believe me.

We are not putting money into the account again until he gets reimbursed but meanwhile he is unable to use it which should not be the case.:mad:

I find the customer service people nice enough to take your complaint and agree with you.....but the supervisor who took a week after several more phone calls to call back was a -----! Fill in the blanks......haha.

I am know going to call BBB...I even called the prison and they have a 3rd party dealing with the phones there and she sounded like that same supervisor....which got me thinking.

Mrs.Official05
01-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Voice recognition? I never heard of that here:confused:

I'm in Nevada. My man said they use a pin# to make outgoing calls.
One time when he got sent to the hole he had another inmate call me to let me know.. The other inmate used my man's phone account and entered his pin# and when he said his name it was my man's name just not my man's voice. He got through with no problem.. If they do have voice recognition it must not work very well.
The facility no longer requires the number to be approved on the inmate's phone list. So they can basically call anybody (and get through if the receiver has money on their phone).

That is crazy that other inmates are using his account:eek::blah:. Hopefully they get that situation straightened out. Good luck:(:)

Brianslady
01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi momof1angel, My boyfriend is in lovelock as well I am in Reno, We talk alot like three or four times a day. We use a plan like conscall home but its called local123 where you get a local number and they can call up to three different phones at once like house, cell, work. its like $1.40 something they need on their books and .95 cents you have to put directly on locals web site. we have looked at cons call home etc and this is the cheapest for us. hope this helps.

his queen
01-22-2009, 08:19 PM
My husband is in Lovelock and I only have a cell phone. He cals twice a daywith no problems. I use ICS too but they are getting more expensive because the money is not lasting as long as it used too. But anyway... no problems using the cell. Just like nataly 05 said he has a pin number. He did the same thing when he went to the hole, one of his buddies called using his account and pin.

PrincessBunny
02-09-2009, 08:23 AM
I'm so sick, my fiancee' was just incarcerated about a month ago,it's the first time we have been apart in the 6 years we've been together,we are BOTH having anxiety about being seperated :eek: and I have been using that HORRIBLE service "Evercom" for us to talk,literally it is costing me $50 for 8 phone calls :angry:& the have a $50 min. deposit & a 15 min limit per call, so I have already spent $150, that I absoultely do not have in the past few weeks,does anyone know a plan that covers the EAST COAST? The state of MA? He is in the Barnstable County House of Corrections & Evercom was the only service they provided me with.
I do not have a landline & use a cell phone exclusively.

I miss my baby! We have no idea just how long he will be in for because his 2nd hearing is on April 6th,if he gets a few years then there is noway I am going to be able to hold down the house & have a huge Evercom bill & it is so hard to go days with out talking for both of us.....

Can any of you ladies help? I would REALLY appreciate it!

HDInks
08-24-2009, 03:26 PM
I need help with the phone situation! I am using ICS right now, my husband is in Nevada at SCC, but I live in Florida so the calls are costing me alot of money. It's like $3.95 the first min and .79 each min. after that. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or other services that they use in the same situation. I do have family that lives in Vegas, so I was thinking about having them buy me a prepaid phone from there and sending it to me in the mail and then I would have a Nevada number and use ICS and I think it would be cheaper. Would that work? Or does anyone have a better idea...I'm so lost on how to make this work and I have another year of these phone charges!! Yikes! I will be broke before long! lol

Mrs.Official05
08-24-2009, 09:09 PM
If you live out of state the best thing to do would be to get a local number to the facility where your loved one is at and then setting up a pre-paid account with ICS. This way you would be charged as a local call.

I would recommend getting a virtual number and having that number be linked to your cell/home number. When your loved one calls it would ring to where ever you liked it to. There are a variety of services to choose from. vonage, local123, majicjack, saveonprisoncalls, etc. (The one that worked for me was www.saveonprisoncalls.com (http://www.saveonprisoncalls.com)) Google also offers a virtual number for free, I'm in the process of trying it, but I'm having a little trouble setting it up because of the way google does the incoming calls... so I'll have to update you on that one.

:)