View Full Version : USP Big Sandy--Lockdown

dizsqueen
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM
Not sure what happened but they are currently on lockdown as of yesterday, 1/28/09

Zelda50
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
I haven't seen anything. They did have a huge snow and ice storm. They might be locked down if they're short of staff due to the ice. That's just a guess though.

dizsqueen
01-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Yeah I called up there tonight cuz my man hasnt called me in a couple of days and thats when they said that "due to institutional lockdown".....but you're probably right that its because of that huge snow storm they had

C_BLUE
01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Wed the 28th I heard from Trae, asked him why he hadn't called me since Friday and he said cuz there was a fight. Though hes been in admin. Seg unit since the beginning of the month so I don't know if its different lock down, he also did mention that there was ice/snow storm and that they had the ac blowin cold inside the seg. unit.
Now I havent heard from him since Wed.

tolong
01-31-2009, 02:00 PM
On the BOP website, when you look up USP Big Sandy, it say's "Due to an institution emergency, there will be no visiting Jan 30 thru Feb. 1st. Is that due to the weather related stuff? I haven't gotten an phone call since tues.

Zelda50
02-01-2009, 02:48 AM
That doesn't sound like the weather.

tolong
02-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Zelda, That's what I was thinking. I checked with all the other prison's in the area and none of them had anything about weather related issues or not having visits. As each day passes I'm getting more worried.

tolong
02-01-2009, 11:08 AM
OK, now I'm really stressed. You must be right Zelda...BOP web site says "Visiting at the camp is NOT affected. So it can't be a weather related issue.

tolong
02-01-2009, 11:58 AM
OK..the info I just got...NOT from BOP, but very reliable. An inmate was killed, there was an altercation between 2 inmates, and 1 was stabbed to death, thats why it's on lockdown. She said they're looking into Big Sandy hard. I was told the last name of the inmate killed, but would rather not post it on here. I pray that no one here will be effected and also pray for the one's involved.

Zelda50
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Posted: 6:12 PM Jan 29, 2009

A Big Sandy Federal Prison inmate is dead.

The Martin County facility is on lockdown.

Officials say 35-year-old Vincent Smith was involved in an incident with another inmate Wednesday afternoon.

He was taken to the hospital where he later died.

Officials have not released the cause of death and say an autopsy will be performed.

Smith was serving a life sentence for a murder in Washington D.C.

Link to rest of article:
http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/38655517.html

C_BLUE
02-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Man, all day yesterday I didnt want to even log in here cuz Ive been stressing and worried about whatever is going on in there...
This makes me want to cry and not go to work! Trae had told me that there was allot of politics going on between gangs and I could tell in his voice he wasnt comfortable, reason why he got cought with a bannger and is now waiting a hearing....
I HATE THIS FEELING OF NOT KNOWING OR HEARING FROM HIM :(
My heart goes out to all you feeling the same

Zelda50
02-02-2009, 12:17 PM
The riot at Coleman II involved the same gang as the riot that just occurred at Reeves Detention Center in Texas, so I think inmates in all facilities should stay aware because these incidents do affect other institutions. It is worrisome because it's nothing family members can control except to urge their inmates to stay calm and not instigate anything. Z.

C_BLUE
02-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Trae called me earlier today, said they were NO LONGER ON LOCK DOWN AS OF TODAY! :)

tolong
02-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Are they locked down again? I didn't get a call last night and the night before, (tues.) he told me they almost got locked in again.

dizsqueen
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
My man called me last night but he did say that his unit went on lockdown earlier yesterday because guess what??? Someone got stabbed again (surprise surprise). I don't know that person's condition, however, he said that the man had to be taken out to a hospital and it was a very ugly sight. They need to just shut down this damn penitentiary or change the staff or something because THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!

tolong
02-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I got a call tonight...he said he's just trying to spread out the 300 minutes. Actually he called twice, so I guess we aren't doing to good. He told me the same about another stabbing. He's putting in for a transfer when he gets to team this month. This prison is rediculous! I worry everyday..I know he works and spends most of his time in the law library just to stay out of the trouble...but I always wonder if you can just be in the wrong place at the wrong time there. Good to hear from you!

dizsqueen
02-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah it was good to hear from you too! I hope and pray that the transfer comes through for you. I'm going out there to spend Valentine's Day with my boo, I am sooo excited:D

C_BLUE
03-01-2009, 06:28 PM
I GUESS ITS LOCK DOWN AGAIN? Haven't heard from my man since Thursday Feb 26th.

tolong
03-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks C, I was wondering if my BF had run out of minutes, but as of today I knew it was a lockdown again. I just pray everyone is safe!