View Full Version : Body Lotion-Where to buy it??

blonde-chick
12-23-2003, 07:23 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can buy body lotion that is hermedically sealed with no alcohol in it. I have looked everywhere for it and can't find it. Why do the prisons worry about alcohol in body lotion? I highly doubt anyone would want to drink that. Actually, I can't imagine anyone wanting too.

My son tends to have very dry skin in the winter and where he is, it gets very cold. He says what he gets in commisorry<lol>
is watered down and it's not worth wasting his money on it.

Any help will be appreciated.

TIA

blonde-chick

mamota35
12-23-2003, 08:49 PM
Don't even try, you won't find it. I looked EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

I finally bought him baby oil (Johnson's) with aloe vera from Duane Reade, it's hermetically sealed, he told me it smells good and keeps his skin well hydrated.

I was also told to go to drugtsore.com> Through them, you can send him things that are not sealed. But it's practically impossible to find body lotion that does not contain alcohol. I looked for a long time I eventually did find some type of lotion (shea butter) that did not have alcohol in it. I don't remember the name of it.
Hope it helps.

blonde-chick
12-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Thank you, Mamota. I think I'll try drugstore.com and see what they have that doesn't have alcohol in it. Anyhting will do right about now...LOL

I checked the Johnson's baby lotion in my local Walmart, and that had alcohol in it also.

It's crazy what they put you through just for a bottle of lotion...sheesh!

Thanks bunches.

blonde-chick

Kerch
12-24-2003, 12:54 PM
If you can find Kerri - Lotion (regular) online it doesn't have alchohol (but it's expensive)

blonde-chick
12-24-2003, 01:19 PM
Thank you Kerch. I appreciate the information.

blonde-chick

DeDe
12-24-2003, 01:43 PM
I can send Lubriderm

blonde-chick
12-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Thank you everyone, for your responses.

Thanks to Kerch, I was able to order Keri lotion at drugstore.com without alcohol. The price wasn't too bad. 20 oz. for $8.49. I sent two of them to my son. That should last him awhile, hopefully...lol

Thanks again, everyone.

blonde-chick

mamota35
12-24-2003, 06:51 PM
DeDe, Lubriderm contains alcohol, do they accept it?

Blonde-chick, I once tried to get my b/f baby lotion Johnson's (there's one type that does not have alcohol and that is sealed) and at reception in downstate they did not accept it because of the top (the same as keri lotion), they said it's for security reasons... They prefer a traditional top, not he one that you press to get the product, because it's sharp.

I haven't tried at the prison where he is now, I guess I'll try this weekend. I'll let you know what happens.

blonde-chick
12-24-2003, 07:20 PM
Hi Mamota,

Thanks for the info.

I think downstate reception is a little more strict concerning things such as Keri lotion due to it being a reception. Let's hope he can have it where he is now. I'll let you know also.

Thanks again.

blonde-chick

Manzanita
12-26-2003, 09:27 AM
I was told that some muslim products do not have alcohol in them if you can find them. My husband uses this OIL though, call Coco/Aloe, but now they stopped selling it, so I have sent him PALMERS products, check those out.
drugstore.com is where I go too

lulu
12-26-2003, 09:35 AM
does'nt wal mart sale kerri?

Manzanita
12-26-2003, 09:42 AM
http://www.h2oplus.com/retail2002/

check these out too!

louise1120
12-26-2003, 02:31 PM
physician's formula is good also!

DeDe
12-26-2003, 03:13 PM
MAMOTA35, I ALWAYS SEND HIM LUBRIDERM WITH NO PROBLEMS, OTHER PEOPLE I KNOW ALSO SEND LUBRIDERM.

blonde-chick
12-27-2003, 09:34 PM
WOW! Thanks for all the great responses.

At least now I know there are few choices.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.

I greatly appreciate it.

I just got home from visiting my son. He's doing good and looks good. Even though he's only 21, he's still my little baby...:-) and I miss him dearly.

Take care everyone.....

blonde-chick

mamota35
12-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Blonde-chick, I'm glad you had a good visit. I myself went to see my b/f yesterday. And I miss him so much too.

yes there are a few choices, I sent him Keri lotion through drugstore.com, I actually went to a store to smell, and I like the smell, it smells fresh.

Dede, it's good that they accept Lubriderm, I know they didn't accept the deodorant ""old spice high endurance" because it contains alcohol. But they are very picky at this prison where he is, they dare to tell me in the face, that they did not accept the plates because they were not plastic!!!! (they are hard plastic, but still plastic).
sorry I had to vent here :)

blonde-chick
12-28-2003, 09:55 AM
Hi Mamota!

Glad you had a great visit also.

I hear ya about those asinine reasons why they reject different articles. Yesterday they rejected 5 of mine. Can you imagine them rejecting a pair of rosary beads because they weren't black? WTF! What difference does it make what color they are? Mine were a very dark forest green.

I also brought a plastic strainer. They said that wasn't allowed even though numerous other inmates have them.

I really believe the CO's make up their own rules as they check the packages, whick really sucks!

OK, I did my venting also...hahaha!

bryanssong
12-28-2003, 10:11 AM
Can someone please tell me if drugstore.com factory seals their lotions and shampoos?

I asked a c.o yesterday if my husband can receive these items from an online company and he told me as long as its factory sealed he could :rolleyes:

mamota35
12-28-2003, 10:29 AM
The products are accepted in 2 different ways:

1. if you bring them yourself and leave him a package, you have to buy them sealed from the stores. Since you will be physically handling them. They will not take them if they are not commercially sealed.

2. if you buy them through a store online such as drugstore.com, they don't have to be sealed since you don't physically touch the products or ever get to see them, they go directly from the commercial store to the prison. They don't have to be sealed.

Whenever I bring something personally I make sure it's sealed, but I've been sending unsealed things (without alcohol) from drugstore.com without absolutely no problems.

To make a long store short that CO does not have a single idea of what he's talking about :) ahahahaha

bryanssong
12-28-2003, 11:02 AM
LOL thanks mamota

Kerch
12-28-2003, 08:25 PM
I buy the Kerri Lotion at Walmart and bring it with me when I go visit. As I do most items that "might not" make it thru. That way my fiance doesn't have to pay to send it back, ot donate it.

blonde-chick
01-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Hello everyone!

About the Keri lotion.

My son was denied the lotion because it had a pump on it. Can you imagine!! But yet they can have can goods. Does this make sense?

The SOB's will think of anything not to let the inmates not have something.

I felt like trotting right over to Pataki's office and telling him how his prison sytem stinks!

Well, that's my saga on the lotion.

Take care.

blonde-chick
:pissed:

mamota35
01-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Well Blonde Chick I got luckier I guess. I had the Keri Lotion sent through drugstore.com, and the CO took off the top and still gave it to my b/f. But I knew the top would be a problem.... I guess we got lucky this time, it won't work all the time though. I know that the small bottles of Keri lotion have a regular top that they will accept. Good luck.