View Full Version : Adelanto Detention Center, San Bernardino County

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
11-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Hey ladies!! I have a friend located in Adelanto. Does anyone have any info or pointers for visiting?????:rolleyes: His girlfriend is trying to visit. She just wants to be prepared.:) Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Kenneth's Girl
11-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Adelanto is acutally not bad. My boyfriend is in there right now... Don't wear anything slutty. I would make appointments in the evening...not as many people there and you can actually hear your conversation with no interruptions. Last visits are at 7:10pm.

pinkybaby7
11-28-2007, 09:02 PM
there is 2 in adelanto the one i know is DESERT VIEW MCCF!
that one the visiting is real simple you dont have to make appointments or anything go between 8-3 but 11- 1130 is inmate count... so i go right after that... it depends what prison he is in

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
11-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the info ladies...she finally got to visit him last weekend!!

Mrs.cs1977
12-07-2007, 06:04 PM
hello, does anybody have information for the Detention Center in Adelanto, I believe this one is on Commerce Way? Any info would be appreciated..
Thanks

MattsmominNY
02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
I have a few questions for anyone who might be able to help.

I know they can get things sent by MyCarePack but does anyone know how often they can have these, when they are delivered, and how long it takes from the time the order was placed?

Can they buy phone cards at the canteen? When do they go to the canteen? Or do they just order and it gets delivered? How often does that happen? What do they have at the canteen? Basic hygiene stuff, stationery, stamps, food? Shower shoes?

I already sent money for him and don't want to have to buy him a care pkg if he can get the stuff from the canteen.

He's tried to call a few times and there was nothing but static, I called the company and they credited me with only one of the calls since the other was over 20 seconds. I guess it's better to hang up and have them try again right away but I didn't know if there was enough left on the account for him to call again since they have that connection charge up front. He did call one day last week and it was a clear line and I could actually understand him. Are all the phone lines that bad or is it just the phone he was using?

Thanks for any help you can give about conditions in Adelanto Detention Center in the San Bernardino County jail system.

MattsmominNY
02-11-2009, 02:06 PM
I've gotten a few of the answers I was looking for regarding San Bernardino County jail in Adelanto. I'm posting them here just in case any one else may be needing this information.

They do sell prepaid calling cards in the canteen so the inmates can make calls without having to call collect. I don't know anything else about the canteen except that my son has been able to get things such as soap, shampoo and toothpaste. I am assuming he's gotten deodorant as well since that was one of his big complaints when he first got to DVI.

I placed an order for him at mycarepack.com and according to them it was delivered 4 days later. That would have been yesterday and I don't know if it was actually delivered or not, it just states estimated delivery date of 2/11 at 7:27 am. The status of the order is "processed" whatever that means to them.

I've used ICSolutions to put money on his books and that seems to have gone okay, he wrote and thanked me.

You can find the links to the information about the San Bernardino County Jail System after you locate the inmate on the booking search page http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/bookingsearch/BookingSearch.aspx

I don't know much else. The San Bernardino County website says they can have up to 6 visitors at a time but the jail in Adelanto tells them only 2 at a time. You have to call a day ahead and make an appointment and pretty sure it's behind glass on the phone.

He did get a visit from his dad. I won't be visiting him since I'm in Western New York and I'm just not going to be spending that kind of money to visit my son in jail. Ya Know?

Hope this helps someone out there

MattsmominNY
02-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Does anyone know which state prison is the reception center for San Bernardino County? My son will be going to state prison and is currently at the San Bernardino County jail in Adelanto. Also does anyone have any idea of how long it takes them to be picked up? And, finally, does anyone know what they do with their property when they get transferred from Adelanto Detention Center? I know some counties let them mail their property but when he was transferred from El Dorado County they just throw their stuff away unless they decide to let someone come to pick it up.

socal mom
02-22-2009, 08:19 PM
It must be difficult when you are in another state, but if you could make some arrangements for someone to pick up his stuff that might work. I know when my son left LA men's jail, I went to get his personal belongings. You might call the jail and see what the options are. Good luck.

John S.
02-24-2009, 02:15 PM
He will probably go to CIM in Chino for reception processing. His property will follow, and items not allowed in RCC will be confiscated upon his arrival. I cannot answer how long it will take for the county to transfer him to Chino. The buses run about twice a week. He may go to Donovan reception center for processing which is in San Diego. Donovan's phone # is 1-619-661-6500/ Chino is 1- 909-597-1821. Good luck.

foxylk
02-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Hi Mattsmom, As far as which prison your son goes to, they work on a point system. he may go to Kern, or CCI Tehachapi, and yes San Diego, has Donavon prison also, which is a processing prison, my son went there from County, to do his reception, and then was transfered to CCI to serve his prison time. As far as property goes, I went to the County jail and it was realesed to me!!!! I didn't wash his clothes untill right before he got out, cause I could smell his cologne on his shirt :( If you have family in SB I would suggest your son have it realesed to them, at least what he dosn't need. Good Luck

MattsmominNY
02-25-2009, 06:44 PM
My son called me yesterday and he says that from the rumors he's heard it's taking them (Adelanto Detention Center) up to 3 months to send new inmates to the state reception centers but only about 3 weeks for the parole violators and others returning to state prison. It's been a week since he took the offer they made so he probably has 2 more weeks at the most until he's transferred. He also said that from what he's heard most inmates end up going back to the same prison they were paroled from. Does anyone know if that's true? He's probably going to be at the same level since all they are adding are the new charges and I don't think the DUI or the possession are going to take him to the next higher level. I may be wrong though since I do guess wrong most of the time with CDC.

One nice thing is that he's been able to buy a prepaid calling card at the San Bernardino County jail so I haven't head to deal with that huge GTL bill yet. The first few calls he made from West Valley and when he first got to Adelanto I had to pay for with a credit card when the call came in. I put $25 on my credit card twice and ended up with 3 calls. When the 4th call came the recording said there was not enough left in my account for me to accept the call. Since it went to my answering machine I didn't put more on the account and the next time he called he had his own calling card.

As for the property, they will release all of his property to his father since that's who he picked when he filled out the request. His father had a couple of visiting appointments but they closed the pass both times because of snow. My son tried to change the request and have someone else come get his property but they won't let him do that. They're keeping his clothes for his transfer to state since they don't want him to take the orange jumpsuit with him. I guess they don't trust CDC to return them.

Thanks to everyone for your answers and encouragement.

wifey_of_tonyJr
03-05-2009, 01:33 AM
My son called me yesterday and he says that from the rumors he's heard it's taking them (Adelanto Detention Center) up to 3 months to send new inmates to the state reception centers but only about 3 weeks for the parole violators and others returning to state prison. It's been a week since he took the offer they made so he probably has 2 more weeks at the most until he's transferred. He also said that from what he's heard most inmates end up going back to the same prison they were paroled from. Does anyone know if that's true? He's probably going to be at the same level since all they are adding are the new charges and I don't think the DUI or the possession are going to take him to the next higher level. I may be wrong though since I do guess wrong most of the time with CDC.

One nice thing is that he's been able to buy a prepaid calling card at the San Bernardino County jail so I haven't head to deal with that huge GTL bill yet. The first few calls he made from West Valley and when he first got to Adelanto I had to pay for with a credit card when the call came in. I put $25 on my credit card twice and ended up with 3 calls. When the 4th call came the recording said there was not enough left in my account for me to accept the call. Since it went to my answering machine I didn't put more on the account and the next time he called he had his own calling card.

As for the property, they will release all of his property to his father since that's who he picked when he filled out the request. His father had a couple of visiting appointments but they closed the pass both times because of snow. My son tried to change the request and have someone else come get his property but they won't let him do that. They're keeping his clothes for his transfer to state since they don't want him to take the orange jumpsuit with him. I guess they don't trust CDC to return them.

Thanks to everyone for your answers and encouragement.

same wit me when my husband was at central detention center in san bernardino he was able to release me his belongin such as mail pictures.. stuff like that he didnt want to carry with him on his transfer just in case they would make him throw them away.. we didnt want to lose out on photos i had sent him our our lil ones... after there once he got sentance it took a while til they transfered him to the next jail.. then they moved him to west valley for like 2weeks o so .. and then to tehAChapi for reception and now hes been there for almost 2 weeks i hate it bcuz you have hardly no contact wit ur loved one ... only letter u can get.. also he can get visits but i'm still waitin on our approval...

Bryant's wifey
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
My husband is at Adelanto right now also. He said that their order has to be in before sunday night. They fill out a scantron with their name and booking number and bubble in everything from their number to what they order. He tells me that if I order him something online it will be processed that same day but they dont get the order until the same day as everyone else which I believe is monday. They get their things, either what they order, or what you order online, only once a week. The phone cards that they get in there are alot cheaper and you get more calls out of them than if you were to accept calls with a credit card. The visiting is alot different there. You are only aloud 2 visitors a day. Only because it is alot smaller visiting area. It is behind a window on the phone. My husband calls me once a day, every once in a while more than that, but I can always understand him. There is alot of background noise but I can hear him over the phone. They just moved my husband there a week ago from West valley but he says he likes it there alot better.

victoria_rangel
07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Ya, my boyfriend has been in the adelanto detention center since april. Since I live so close I visit him as often as I can. Only 3 days a week they can have visits. only 2 people at a time, not including minors. You have to make an appointment the day before, before like 4 or 4:30 pm. They're pretty nice in there. They say to get there 30 minutes prior to your visit, but they take people in up to 10 minutes before the visit. And if you get there even later, then alot of times they will just move you to the next appointment. Very awesome for the people that were driving from really far away.

lovingmygirls
07-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know what it is like there? My daughters father turned himself in a week ago and he has been transferred twice since then. He went from Barstow Station to West Valley and today to this one. His court date isn't until the middle of September. And it takes them all freaking day to transfer them...I haven't got a chance to talk to him yet but I have sent him two letters. But of course those are delayed because they keep moving him. I only have a cell phone so he won't call it.

I just want to know what his day is like there. What time do they have to be up are they able to move around outside of their cells, do they have a "bedtime" what do they do all day? Do they eat good? I have a TON of freaking questions. What kind of stuff if any can I send him? I am going to order him some stuff from mycarepack and I put a small amount of money on his books today. I am in another state so we can't go visit him. I wanted to make sure he got the money I sent him before I sent a larger amount.

I talked to a lady there today and she was very nice...I really hope this is a decent place and they are treating him ok. How often can they use the phones? And how will he know the money on his books is from me?

I hope someone out there can help...and if there is any other info you may have that you think I would want to know...Please tell me. I am worried sick about him...each day seems to get harder and I am so sick to my stomach over this whole situation today. :(

lovingmygirls
07-29-2010, 02:28 PM
My daughter's father just took a plea for 180 days in San Bernardino County for a felony DUI. He is suppose to serve 90 days. His sentencing is scheduled for the middle of September at which time he will haved served 61 of his 90 days. Is there any chance at his sentencing that he may get out early?

Does anyone have any advice as to what he needs to line up to maybe be able to get out a month early? Or do you think house arest is a possibility at that time?

I suggested to him to have a solid plan for the judge for when he gets out. The only thing he has going for him down there is his Job and he is going to have a long road ahead of him and is going to need help. He doesn't have the help down there...but he has help here. His whole family is here and me and our girls are too. So I do believe he would qualify for a Interstate Compact Transfer for his probation.

He has character letters from his boss and friends he knows...I suggested to him that I could write a letter too if he felt that would help. Who better to write a character letter than one of the people in your life who really shouldn't care what happens to him. We have been through a lot and I have been doing this on my own without any help from him since I was 5 months pregnant. Our daughter is 4 months old today. He spent the rest of my pregnancy and the first 3 months of her life fighting with me and barely speaking to me.

He doesn't really deserve my help and I know that, but my heart doesn't work that way. He has a problem and he needs to see it, accept it and get help with it. And he isn't going to do that without the people who care about him stepping up to help him and encourage him at this time in his life.

He made a comment last night on the phone that made me so proud of him. He was talking about maybe rethinking his plea and fighting his charge to try to get off. ( It is possible he could get off on this charge but with his priors he is afraid he cannot...but he does have evidence that is on his side ) and he said that he could try or he said "who knows...maybe I do need to be here right now." Inside my head I said "AMEN...you finally are starting to see it!!!"

So are there any chances for early release without doing his 50%?

By the way...we were not on speaking terms when he turned himself in. It wasn't until after I sent him a letter with a picture of our daughter for him to have there that he decided to contact me. Things are still very rocky and touch and go with us...but I feel right now. I need to put all that aside and just be there for him. If he doesn't learn from this and get himself the help he needs this problem is going to kill him.

Annabelle
08-02-2010, 02:33 PM
My daughter's father just took a plea for 180 days in San Bernardino County for a felony DUI. He is suppose to serve 90 days. His sentencing is scheduled for the middle of September at which time he will haved served 61 of his 90 days. Is there any chance at his sentencing that he may get out early?

Does anyone have any advice as to what he needs to line up to maybe be able to get out a month early? Or do you think house arest is a possibility at that time?

I suggested to him to have a solid plan for the judge for when he gets out. The only thing he has going for him down there is his Job and he is going to have a long road ahead of him and is going to need help. He doesn't have the help down there...but he has help here. His whole family is here and me and our girls are too. So I do believe he would qualify for a Interstate Compact Transfer for his probation.

He has character letters from his boss and friends he knows...I suggested to him that I could write a letter too if he felt that would help. Who better to write a character letter than one of the people in your life who really shouldn't care what happens to him. We have been through a lot and I have been doing this on my own without any help from him since I was 5 months pregnant. Our daughter is 4 months old today. He spent the rest of my pregnancy and the first 3 months of her life fighting with me and barely speaking to me.

He doesn't really deserve my help and I know that, but my heart doesn't work that way. He has a problem and he needs to see it, accept it and get help with it. And he isn't going to do that without the people who care about him stepping up to help him and encourage him at this time in his life.

He made a comment last night on the phone that made me so proud of him. He was talking about maybe rethinking his plea and fighting his charge to try to get off. ( It is possible he could get off on this charge but with his priors he is afraid he cannot...but he does have evidence that is on his side ) and he said that he could try or he said "who knows...maybe I do need to be here right now." Inside my head I said "AMEN...you finally are starting to see it!!!"

So are there any chances for early release without doing his 50%?

By the way...we were not on speaking terms when he turned himself in. It wasn't until after I sent him a letter with a picture of our daughter for him to have there that he decided to contact me. Things are still very rocky and touch and go with us...but I feel right now. I need to put all that aside and just be there for him. If he doesn't learn from this and get himself the help he needs this problem is going to kill him.

House arrest is really expensive and they will require he does the full term. Really, it's not worth it. I'm not sure how things go in San Bernardino as far as early releases, sorry I can't answer that question. Hopefully someone will come along who can.

He will most likely qualify for non-revocable parole which means he won't have to report and will be able to live where ever he wants, if that happens he won't have to deal with the interstate compact stuff.

Alwaysonlyu
08-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Ok so when my husband went 2 jail the time was every 2 days was 1 day credit in prison! Now its 2 days prison credit for every 1 day they are in the county jail! So my question is do u think they will change it 4 him or any of are guys? How could we find out? Any info will help thanks Ladies! I know its a long shot but I have 2 ask anything 2 help him get home sooner!

Ranskum1
01-16-2011, 02:12 AM
do they do a background or warrant check for visitors since u book the visit 24hrs in addvance?

ADELANTO DETENTION CENTER
Address: 9438 COMMERCE WAY
ADELANTO, CA 92301
Phone: (760) 530-9300

jadakiss
01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
do they do a background or warrant check for visitors since u book the visit 24hrs in addvance?

ADELANTO DETENTION CENTER
Address: 9438 COMMERCE WAY
ADELANTO, CA 92301
Phone: (760) 530-9300
Yes. they swipe your ID on their machine and if you have any tickets or even a warrant they will take you in right there and then. so make sure you don't have nothing. also if you are a convicted felon you can't visit anyone. this is all at Adelanto Detention Center as of 2009.

jadakiss
01-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Ok so when my husband went 2 jail the time was every 2 days was 1 day credit in prison! Now its 2 days prison credit for every 1 day they are in the county jail! So my question is do u think they will change it 4 him or any of are guys? How could we find out? Any info will help thanks Ladies! I know its a long shot but I have 2 ask anything 2 help him get home sooner!

Yes they will change it for him. its mandatory although you should have him make sure and talk to an Officer inside or request his EPRD