View Full Version : Suwanee Work Camp

cnspivey
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
The FL DOC website just updated that he will be sent to this work camp. It says that this camp is under construction. It has no mailing info, but an address. It doesn't really have any info at all. Does anyone have any information? What can I expect? I am kind of concerned.:confused:

cnspivey
03-22-2009, 10:33 AM
I got the answer to my own question when he sent his latest letter, so I thought I would post it for anyone else who is looking for info. He says that there are only 100 inmates or so at Suwannee right now. The gave him brand new clothes, sheets, shoes etc. that have never been worn, so he is happy about that. The inmates will be working on building the larger CI accross the street. So far he says it's nice and he is happy with it. The address on the website is in fact the mailing address for the work camp.

Jamesyswife
03-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Thank you my fiance was just sent there.

cnspivey
03-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you my fiance was just sent there.

You are very welcome! Just to let you know I was wrong about the mailing address. I sent it to the one on the site and he still got the mail, but I thought I would give you the work camp address so you'll have it (they will also give him a bunk number I believe because there was an extra number added after his DC# when he gave me the new address)

Mailing address is:
Suwannee Correctional Institution
Work Camp
5798 US Hwy 90
Live Oak, FL 32060

kristannell
03-30-2009, 10:37 AM
hi i just found out that my daughters daddy was just transferred to the sywannee workcamp...can anyone tell me anything about the camp besides that it just recently opened!

kennyswifey
03-31-2009, 10:49 AM
my fiance is in suwannee work camp... as of 3/25.. i live in tennessee so im trying to get visitation approval...which isnt seeming too easy. mailed my app thursday and its now tuesday...grrrr... i wanted to go down there with our kids bc we are on spring break! why must everything take sooooo long!!!!!!!!!!!
but i was confused on the mailing address but was told today that either address will get the mail to the inmate... i havent seen my heart in 3 1/2 months!!!!! im so sad:(

cnspivey
04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
hi i just found out that my daughters daddy was just transferred to the sywannee workcamp...can anyone tell me anything about the camp besides that it just recently opened!

What do you want to know? I can tell you as of my last letter, I was told the camp is now 1/2 full. The inmates will be helping build the rest of the camp as well as the larger correctional institution accross the street. I have heard that it is really laid back, so far no major problems. Todd has done time before and said it was the nicest place he ahs ever been sent to. The guards are aparantly even ok there. They have a visitation park, so visits would be pretty much like anywhere else. I hope to gain visitation within a month and will update once I have actually been there. So far Todd has only sent positive reviews, so hopefully that helps you rest easier. If you have any more ?s ask.

cnspivey
04-02-2009, 04:37 PM
my fiance is in suwannee work camp... as of 3/25.. i live in tennessee so im trying to get visitation approval...which isnt seeming too easy. mailed my app thursday and its now tuesday...grrrr... i wanted to go down there with our kids bc we are on spring break! why must everything take sooooo long!!!!!!!!!!!
but i was confused on the mailing address but was told today that either address will get the mail to the inmate... i havent seen my heart in 3 1/2 months!!!!! im so sad:(

I am sorry you are so down. I hope you get visitation very soon! I myself am waiting on approval. It can sometimes take up to 30 days, but I hope since it is a new facility that it will move a lot faster!

Jamesyswife
04-09-2009, 06:57 AM
I am sorry you are so down. I hope you get visitation very soon! I myself am waiting on approval. It can sometimes take up to 30 days, but I hope since it is a new facility that it will move a lot faster!
My fiance said that the visitations are moving along quicker because they aren't full yet.
They moved in more guys yesterday. But that shouldn't get in the way if you've already got your visitation for in.

cnspivey
04-09-2009, 07:15 PM
My fiance said that the visitations are moving along quicker because they aren't full yet.
They moved in more guys yesterday. But that shouldn't get in the way if you've already got your visitation for in.

That is really inspiring news!! Thank you so much! Here's hoping!:D

azizzo
10-07-2009, 01:25 PM
My honey just got moved here this week! I'm very excited by everything I see that you all have said..about it being nice and all. That might make it worth the 3 hour drive..well, that and seeing my bf!

IrishFire
03-16-2010, 09:40 AM
My husband is a SCI. The address they have on the FL DOC website, is not the inmate address.

Inmate name - DOC # - (Bed number if you know it)
Suwannee Correctional Institution - Main Unit (There may be east or west unit's :confused:)
5794 Hwy 90
Live Oak, FL 32060

Like others have said, because it's new, it's still pretty clean and new, unfortunately, because it's new, they don't have a lot of programs going yet. And again, on the upside, I printed the visitation request from PTO, sent it out, and he got word just a few days later that I was approved! :)
Now, I just have to plan that 200 mile trip. :thumbsup:

Chickietutu
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
My husband was just transferred to SCI today from RMC-West. Thanks everyone for all of your information about this location. It's nice to have while I wait to hear from my husband. I have only heard from him once in the last couple of weeks so any other info is helpful!

cpruitt8269
02-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Is your husband still in suwannee? My boyfriend is there and Im going to visit for the first time and was wondering where you are traveling from?
I have 16 more months so will be traveling frequently (once a month).

My husband is a SCI. The address they have on the FL DOC website, is not the inmate address.

Inmate name - DOC # - (Bed number if you know it)
Suwannee Correctional Institution - Main Unit (There may be east or west unit's :confused:)
5794 Hwy 90
Live Oak, FL 32060

Like others have said, because it's new, it's still pretty clean and new, unfortunately, because it's new, they don't have a lot of programs going yet. And again, on the upside, I printed the visitation request from PTO, sent it out, and he got word just a few days later that I was approved! :)
Now, I just have to plan that 200 mile trip. :thumbsup:

danielandstepha
02-12-2011, 11:48 PM
You are very welcome! Just to let you know I was wrong about the mailing address. I sent it to the one on the site and he still got the mail, but I thought I would give you the work camp address so you'll have it (they will also give him a bunk number I believe because there was an extra number added after his DC# when he gave me the new address)

Mailing address is:
Suwannee Correctional Institution
Work Camp
5798 US Hwy 90
Live Oak, FL 32060
Suwannee Correctional Institution Annex
5964 us highway 90
Live oak, florida32060
the prison is ok but visition room small, people are nice it just long drive from ft lauderdale to live oak. they get different bunk number, the number you got after his dc number is his new bunk number what dormint he is in. you can call up there they can give you his classification officer. visit day saturday or sunday 9 to 3pm. you can visit any one of this days.

MissTWms
02-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Is your husband still in suwannee? My boyfriend is there and Im going to visit for the first time and was wondering where you are traveling from?
I have 16 more months so will be traveling frequently (once a month).

ok im new to this i have a visitation form but dont know what address to send it to. can u help me please?

danielandstepha
03-08-2011, 03:24 AM
ok im new to this i have a visitation form but dont know what address to send it to. can u help me please?
suwannee correctional institute annex
5964 us highway 90
live oak, florida 32060

BrotherofJCK
06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
My brother was just transfered, apparently, from the Wakulla Correctional Institution Annex to the custody of Suwannee Correctional Institution Annex. WCIA went "all faith-based" and he had applied to stay as he was in the other section, but apparently it was denied or he didn't pass the testing.

Mom lives in Ft. Lauderdale, and this will make her trips to see him less frequent, unfortuantely. I have only seen him twice in the last ten years he's been in this time (out of 15 on a third strike plea bargain, NCFP).

So, what's it like? Anything he should watch out for? He's been through this long enough to know the system, but he's not the twenty-something kid he once was an I'm trying to do all I can to make sure he makes it out okay. He was a personal trainer at one point, so he takes care of himself, but there is only so much you can do now that is no equipment in the prisons. He's helped run construction crews before, and also works kitchen when he's allowed.

Two facilities ago he intentionally got put in the hole until he could be transfered after he was told to "shank or be shanked" by one of the gangs (which he avoided joining.) I'm hoping that, or something like it, doesn't happen again.

Thank for all you can pass along.

ags718
07-07-2011, 10:11 PM
My son was in Suwannee for a short visit. Its one of the newest CI and Work Camp. He was later transfered to Baker CI, then to Baker Work Camp. Suwannee was very nice, visitation area in the work camp had inside and outside. I only knew about Suwannee working on property. At Baker they are all over the place working. The farm, highways, clearing for construction etc.