View Full Version : Official State of Alabama Online Inmate Banking Deposit System

shay240
04-24-2009, 07:36 PM
:thumbsup:The Alabama Department of Corrections recently launched the Official State of Alabama Online Inmate Banking Deposit System
(alabamainteractive.org/inmateCanteen/). This interactive service has been introduced as a fast and secure way to deposit funds into an inmate's canteen account. To begin the deposit process, a user may search by inmate name or Alabama Inmate System (AIS) number. Once the appropriate inmate is selected, the user may choose to deposit $10.00 to $300.00 in the inmate`s canteen account. The user must then verify the requested deposit amount and enter their credit card information to complete the transaction. Once the transaction has been accepted by the Department of Corrections the money is automatically deposited in the inmate`s canteen account. :thumbsup:

Lady Andrews
04-24-2009, 11:31 PM
:thumbsup:The Alabama Department of Corrections recently launched the Official State of Alabama Online Inmate Banking Deposit System
(alabamainteractive.org/inmateCanteen/). This interactive service has been introduced as a fast and secure way to deposit funds into an inmate's canteen account. To begin the deposit process, a user may search by inmate name or Alabama Inmate System (AIS) number. Once the appropriate inmate is selected, the user may choose to deposit $10.00 to $300.00 in the inmate`s canteen account. The user must then verify the requested deposit amount and enter their credit card information to complete the transaction. Once the transaction has been accepted by the Department of Corrections the money is automatically deposited in the inmate`s canteen account. :thumbsup:
This sounds good! But how long does it take for DOC to accept the transaction?

shay240
04-25-2009, 08:27 AM
its posted the same day

string of pearls
04-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Shay - just curious. How did you find out about this? There is nothing on the ADOC web site about it. Thanks for passing this information on to the rest of us.

:twocents:I figured there would be a charge for this service. ADOC always has some way to make money off of us. So I looked at the site and tested some different amounts. The fee for the service (the portal fee as they call it) varies with the amount. It seems less than Western Union but more than a postal money order. Here is a list of what I found.

Amount Portal Fee

$ 10 $ 3
$ 25 $ 3
$ 50 $ 3
$ 75 $ 4
$100 $ 5

A postal money order for $100 costs $ 1.05 plus the $ .42 stamp to mail it, $ 3.53 less than the fee listed above. I'm extremely thrifty and have never had a problem sending a money order. Therefore I will probably continue to do as I have been doing unless there is some type of emergency immediately requiring additional funds.

Nevertheless, I foresee this as a move in the direction of not accepting money orders at a later date, but I might be wrong. Just have to wait and see. On a positive note, the site is easy to use. However, you must have a credit card.

lisainengland
04-26-2009, 02:38 PM
do you know if they would accept payements from the uk

shay240
04-26-2009, 07:39 PM
u can also use a debit card...as long as you have the credit card it doesn't matter where you are from...i found the website through alabama interacticve.

earlsgirl22
04-26-2009, 07:52 PM
that is handy info to have but do you still have to be on their funds list and what happens if someone reverse s the fund transfer

Lady Andrews
04-26-2009, 10:36 PM
its posted the same day

Thanks for the info! I usually just send a money order but this is great info to have in case of an emergency!

joyfulflower
04-27-2009, 05:12 AM
the link doesn't work for me. Am I stupid or is the address different?

string of pearls
04-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Here is the address I used that let me connect to the new funds program.

www.alabamainteractive.org/inmateCanteen (http://www.alabamainteractive.org/inmateCanteen)

If you just click on it, it should bring you to the address.

eswife08
04-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Thank you so much for this information. I had the hardest time at Western Union lastnight trying to send money to my husband. This is only my second time doing it (because my husband is stubborn and don't want me to put money on his account) and the first time I was in GA where the clerks are familiar with the process and it went smooth. Now that I am back in my hick hometown, no one knows how to do it. I got so frustrated with them.

lisainengland
04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
I just spoke to one of my pen pals and he said he hasnt heard anything about this new scheme but it sounds a brilliant idea. I am going to try and put money on his account this week.

shay240
04-28-2009, 07:42 PM
you do have to be on the funds list. it will ask for your name to verify

lisainengland
04-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks for letting me know that Shay. x

string of pearls
05-04-2009, 03:26 PM
;) Another way to access the online inmate deposit service is to go to the ADOC web site. In the gray bar at the bottom, click ONLINE SERVICES. A new page opens. Under Featured Services, scroll down to Corrections, Alabama Department of and click Inmate Deposit Service.