View Full Version : Best cell phone service w/o huge deposit?(not verizon!)

AdriansLady
04-27-2009, 10:07 AM
ok, well i've finally come to the conclusion that i will have to bite the bullet and get cell phone service thru one of the bigger companies in order for him to be able to call me. i don't really have much credit, and i'm trying to avoid having to pay a huge deposit for my phone. Verizon is telling me $400! that just seems crazy to me. i've heard sprint or T-mobile is pretty good about approving people who don't have wonderful credit(i don't have BAD credit, just not really any to speak of) any suggestions would be great, thanks!:D

Kat
04-27-2009, 12:06 PM
I have had verizon and I now have sprint neither asked me for a deposit and both are good in the state of ga good luck

AdriansLady
04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
i just checked out Sprint, and they need a $150 deposit, which sounds reasonable for me. i'm going to check out t mobile too. the only thing is, i don't like t mobile's phones.

Kat
04-27-2009, 05:15 PM
AdrianLady make sure T moblie works well in Ga I use to have nextal and it wouldnt work in most places in Ga (only near big citys)

AdriansLady
04-28-2009, 10:42 AM
ok, i will, thanks, they usually ask for you zip code to make sure the service will work. i live really close to chattanooga tn, so most of them should

jpkjpk2000
06-09-2009, 02:16 PM
T-mobile has cheap prepaid phones - 20 to 30. They also have a good deal where you pay $100 for 1000 mins that is good for up to a year

Kat
06-09-2009, 05:50 PM
The only thing is T-Mobile sucks in Ga

cupid0214
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
I like T-mobile Flexpay. No deposit, still get to pick from the free phones, you get to pick a plan (it's not like a prepaid plan where you pay for your minutes) You pay your bill (for your plan) for the month ahead, so you don't get a huge bill that you didn't expect. You can also add on features, like text, web, etc. just like any other plan. I like the myfaves cuz you can call 5 numbers without using your anytime minutes and if your anytime minutes run out, you can still call your 5 numbers...

Mrs. Tillmon
06-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Check with www.boostmobil.com (http://www.boostmobil.com) and see what they can do for you I pay 50.00 a month for unlimited everything Text, chirp(Walkie talkie), web, picture mail, ect. and they are under Nextel and Nextel is under sprint. BTW No contract and no credit checks

Blueyedbeutie
06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
get a Verizon pre-pay, get a local number to where he is at and tell them when you hook it up your going there to work if it is not in your area code they trip on that. They have a plan that is only $1.99 only on the days you use it, free weekends and nights. If you have your man call you on the weekends the phone will only cost you $16.00 a month, .05 a min if he calls week days, not bad at all if you need a pick me up! I love it, works out great. If you order it online look up an address to a hotel in his area for your address. No bill drop a bill on the line and you are set for 6 months! Good luck!

boflipflops36
06-09-2009, 08:52 PM
anyone used Net 10? We did loved it. Went to wal-mart paid 39,00 got 300 min with it and came home activated it Put in the Zip Code where grandson was and then called correctional billing added number to it and it cost 300 call. Plus 1.50 for Net 10. As we talked 10 min. Net 10 has better coverage than my T Mobile. But you have to get what you can afford, They did not ask for a address when I activated the Net 10. Just Zip Code. Of course I used my home phone to call Net 10 to set it up

drkangel127
06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
ok, well i've finally come to the conclusion that i will have to bite the bullet and get cell phone service thru one of the bigger companies in order for him to be able to call me. i don't really have much credit, and i'm trying to avoid having to pay a huge deposit for my phone. Verizon is telling me $400! that just seems crazy to me. i've heard sprint or T-mobile is pretty good about approving people who don't have wonderful credit(i don't have BAD credit, just not really any to speak of) any suggestions would be great, thanks!:D

i have Metro Pcs and I set up and account and I get calls from my husband........:)

esteli
06-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I have both AT&T and Boostmobile, boostmobile you can get any # in the united states even if you don't live there.

thatboysmine
06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
And both Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile now have a prepaid $50.00 a month unlimited phone service no contracts at all. We use Virgin Mobile it worked in the Mountains of Colorado when our contract phone did not. Virgin Mobile phones are cheap you can pick them up at most discount stores including family dollar and Walmart. Good luck on this it is frustrating but not absolutely unable to achieve.