View Full Version : Visiting Appointment Q&A/Concerns Thread

Ananda
07-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Hello all,
So, I get this letter from my husband today that said that visiting rules have changed. I will now need to call ahead for an appointment. The times that we can call are as follows-

Monday or Friday 10am to 1pm
Tuesday or Thursday 6pm to 8pm
Visiting to make apt. number is (831)678-3951
The Visiting LT is JL Truit
(831)678-3951 ext. 5004

He is in the South Facility.
Does this sound right to anyone? I will be on the horn tomorrow to find out for sure and let you all know.

Tepee
07-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Hello all,
So, I get this letter from my husband today that said that visiting rules have changed. I will now need to call ahead for an appointment. The times that we can call are as follows-

Monday or Friday 10am to 1pm
Tuesday or Thursday 6pm to 8pm
Visiting to make apt. number is (831)678-3951
The Visiting LT is JL Truit
(831)678-3951 ext. 5004

He is in the South Facility.
Does this sound right to anyone? I will be on the horn tomorrow to find out for sure and let you all know.

Ananda, some of this is correct... Yes, they will be taking appointments first. Appointments are not required but if you want to make sure you get in after traveling all that way it's the only way to go. Here are the times and the correct extention to make your appointment.

Monday AND Friday's 10am to 1pm
Tuesday, Wednesday AND Thursday's 6pm to 8pm

and the phone number is 831-678-3951 ext. 4012

Calling the facility and leaving a message for a date and time does NOT constitute have an appointment. You MUST speak to a live person and get confirmation that you have an appointment. The visiting officers are learning this as they go and there are going to be lots of bumps in the road so patients is going to be the only thing that keeps us sane through all of this.

Good luck everyone... God bless!!!

Ayan
07-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I made an appointment but do I still need to get in the car line to get the numbered pass?

horse92
07-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I made an appointment but do I still need to get in the car line to get the numbered pass?

NO.....That's where the appointment comes in - it avoids all that early morning waiting. The appointment is your pass (this all according to the CO at the visiting). They also suggest that you get there about 1/2 before your appointment

Ananda
07-17-2009, 10:05 PM
NO.....That's where the appointment comes in - it avoids all that early morning waiting. The appointment is your pass (this all according to the CO at the visiting). They also suggest that you get there about 1/2 before your appointment

So, do I go straight to South? Sorry for all the questions but I spent the day at the hosp. and couldn't call. I have an apt. for a Sat. visit, Tomorrow.
I tried to call them back on Thurs. but either they were having phone problems or I was and couldn't get connected.
Any info would be great, thanks!

Luvbigpapi
07-18-2009, 07:34 AM
So, do I go straight to South? Sorry for all the questions but I spent the day at the hosp. and couldn't call. I have an apt. for a Sat. visit, Tomorrow.
I tried to call them back on Thurs. but either they were having phone problems or I was and couldn't get connected.
Any info would be great, thanks!
will you post how it worked out with the appt's.

Thanks

Ananda
07-18-2009, 11:53 PM
will you post how it worked out with the appt's.

Thanks
This is what happened today. I got there and went to check in at main, since I had the apt. I got there at exactly 10am I got my pass and left for south right away. I had my visit, then I was told to make my apt. before I left for next time because the slots were filling up fast. I had to go back to main, stand in line again, and get my apt. south wasn't full for the 1st. (I go every other weekend)but, 10am was full for that day and had to make the apt. for 10:30. I overheard that next weekend was full for visitors for north I believe, it could have been central, they had us switch lines and I got confused. YOU NEED TO MAKE AN APT. If you don't and you are just a walk in, the CO said that you will be taking a big chance. She also told me that if I was late that I could get bumped and replaced even though I drive 2 hours to get there. They also gave us a paper to put our email on if we chose to, to have them send weekly status updates to our email and to let us know when we can make our appointments online.
They are making it harder for us to visit now. If you go every weekend and they are booked you might not get in. This could be a mess. If they are full, the CO made it sound like they will be turning people away. Their were at least 7 tables left all day, hardly anyone showed up today. South is hardly ever full, why is it that 10am was full? maybe process a certain amount at a time? How many would that be? I don't like it. The CO said that I can take my chances and call for the apt. but there were chances that I wont get through. Parking at the parking lot and walking to main to stand in a long line after visiting wasn't exactly what I wanted to do before my long trip home. It was just aggravating. The only thing good about it was that we didn't have to wait to get our pass and submit it, that was done very quickly.
Please, everyone who reads this, Call and make your appointment before going to visit. It might save you from getting turned away.
If you have any more questions I would be glad to answer them. I did not have to show up early, I was exactly on time(whew) also, go to main to get your pass still, same stuff just faster.
Let me know how it goes. I want to make some suggestions to the visiting sgt. but will need to know how everyone else feels about the "new way" first.

4evernlove
07-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the information, I will be going to central on the 1st. I do hope it go's faster. It beats getting there at 6:00am. And I do hope they start allowing appts on the web.....Thanks again...

oL!V3*O!l*23
07-19-2009, 05:03 PM
all i could say is i liked the process with appts cuz it went faster!!! So i hope it will b like that everytime!!!

Luvbigpapi
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
For those of you who have been so lucky to see your men, yes I am pouting:( How are the appointments going? How early are you getting there before your appointment? Is the wait long or better?

Tepee
07-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Here's the link to your question Visiting Appointment Pilot. Questions/Concerns (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428381) a member has already post about the appointment process and I think it will help you out. If you have any other questions after reading the posts please feel free to post them in that particular forum.

FaithHeals
08-02-2009, 01:17 AM
My hubby's set to move over to North from SVSP in a few weeks. So what I wonder is, how far in advance can you make your appointment for, and what's the earliest you can make it for? I usually only come about every 4-6 weeks, so I'd know far ahead of time to make the appointment if they let you do it early.

Thank you!
Stephanie

Ananda
08-02-2009, 03:09 PM
My hubby's set to move over to North from SVSP in a few weeks. So what I wonder is, how far in advance can you make your appointment for, and what's the earliest you can make it for? I usually only come about every 4-6 weeks, so I'd know far ahead of time to make the appointment if they let you do it early.

Thank you!
Stephanie

I heard you will need to make the apt. two days in advance. I would try to do it sooner if you can because the slots fill up fast and being a walk-in is horrible!

Ananda
08-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I just would like to complain about how this is going. When I made my appointment 2 weeks ago, I tried to get in the 10:00 slot, the CO told me that the 10 was full(this is south facility)well ok this is odd because south is never full, so I had to make the apt. for 10:30. I was 1 hour early to my appointment yesterday because I come from a distance and their was no traffic, so I asked to get in early, NO, I was told to wait outside. I waited outside and not one number of any walk-ins were called in to register during this whole time. I went in at 10:20 and nobody was busy, no people at the counters, it just didn't make sense. So one of the CO's asked if I had an apt. and I said yes, at 10:30, go wait outside until I call you in she said rudely. so I went outside and waited the 10 more minutes and they called in 5 walk-ins right before they called the 10:30 apt. in. So now it is crowded inside and we all are battling to give our passes to anyone that can process us as fast as possible. Man, they are really making this difficult. I heard that they will only call 5 people per hour that are walk-in's. What is that? Why? I hope everyone makes their appointments ahead of time because the line of walk-ins does not move! I just think that they could do this in another manner like calling out a number for each CO that is done with the last person. It makes no sense to me to have them just sitting their ordering us out until they call our time slot. Also, I got in to visit my husband and their were only 3 visitors who checked in for that slot. Why couldn't they just process me in. If you ask me it's about power struggles in this prison. In my experience this far at this facility, the CO's are not very nice, they are rude! Their are a couple nice one's but not many. If anyone else is having a problem with the way things are going on this appointment setting, I think we should start writing letter to the visiting sgt. because this isn't a good way to conduct visiting. Is anyone with me on this? Or am I the only one that can see that this is a problem? Maybe others don't see it the same way that I do. Maybe your experience is or was better than mine. Maybe I am just trippen.

Tepee
08-02-2009, 05:28 PM

Thank you!
Stephanie

FaithHeals, you can make your appointment 2 weeks in advance for the weekend you can go (i.e. I have an appointment for the 15th & 16th of this month and I called Friday to confirm a time slot)... Hope this helps.

HEFTYZWIFE
08-03-2009, 10:55 AM
HELLO LADIES!! I FINALLY GOT TO VISIT MY HUBBY!! IT HAD BEEN ALMOST 2 MONTHS WHICH IS SAD BECAUSE I WAS USED TO GOING EVERY TWO WEEKS...
THE APPOINTMENT DEAL WASNT HALF BAD... I HAD MY APPOINTMENT AT 8AM ON SAT AND SUNDAY! EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT WE HAD TO WAIT 1HOUR FOR THE COs TO CLEAN THE VISITING ROOM IT WENT SMOOTHLY...
THERE WAS ONLY ABOUT 5 PEOPLE ON THE BUS AT EACH TIME SEENIG HOW THERE WAS A HUGE LINE OF WALK INNS THEY SHOULD HAVE HANDELED THAT DIFF...
THERE WAS A LOT OF TERMINATIONS THOUGH BUT MOST OF THEM WERE AFTER 12 I HEARD SOME PEOPLE HAD TO WAIT IN LINE FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS AS A WALK IN SO IT IS WAY BETTER TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT.
I DO LIKE THE APP. BETTER BUT THATS FROM MY EXPERIENCE I DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT FOREVER TO GET PROCESSED AND WITH LESS PEOPLE ON THE BUS WE WENT IN QUICKER AND I GOT TO SEE MY HUSBAND BEFORE 10AM WHICH WAS NEVER THE CASE BEFORE!!
GOT TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY BABY AND I DIDNT HAVE TO SPEND 3 HOURS IN THE COLD WITH TWO COLD KIDS LOL SOO IM HAPPY WITH THE PROCESS...
THIS WAS JUST FROM MY EXP.

Ananda
08-03-2009, 09:32 PM
The appointment thing is pretty cool but they do need to do something about the walk-ins because it just isn't right.
By the way, I tried calling to make an appointment today for visiting but nobody answered from 10am till 1pm. Believe me I called several times. All I got was the switch board and he didn't know what to tell me. How am I supposed to make an appointment if I can't get a hold of the person who schedules?
I am beginning to get very frustrated!

Luvbigpapi
08-04-2009, 11:11 AM
HELLO LADIES!! I FINALLY GOT TO VISIT MY HUBBY!! IT HAD BEEN ALMOST 2 MONTHS WHICH IS SAD BECAUSE I WAS USED TO GOING EVERY TWO WEEKS...
THE APPOINTMENT DEAL WASNT HALF BAD... I HAD MY APPOINTMENT AT 8AM ON SAT AND SUNDAY! EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT WE HAD TO WAIT 1HOUR FOR THE COs TO CLEAN THE VISITING ROOM IT WENT SMOOTHLY...
THERE WAS ONLY ABOUT 5 PEOPLE ON THE BUS AT EACH TIME SEENIG HOW THERE WAS A HUGE LINE OF WALK INNS THEY SHOULD HAVE HANDELED THAT DIFF...
THERE WAS A LOT OF TERMINATIONS THOUGH BUT MOST OF THEM WERE AFTER 12 I HEARD SOME PEOPLE HAD TO WAIT IN LINE FOR ABOUT 3 HOURS AS A WALK IN SO IT IS WAY BETTER TO HAVE AN APPOINTMENT.
I DO LIKE THE APP. BETTER BUT THATS FROM MY EXPERIENCE I DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT FOREVER TO GET PROCESSED AND WITH LESS PEOPLE ON THE BUS WE WENT IN QUICKER AND I GOT TO SEE MY HUSBAND BEFORE 10AM WHICH WAS NEVER THE CASE BEFORE!!
GOT TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH MY BABY AND I DIDNT HAVE TO SPEND 3 HOURS IN THE COLD WITH TWO COLD KIDS LOL SOO IM HAPPY WITH THE PROCESS...
THIS WAS JUST FROM MY EXP.

I am so happy for you. I am still waiting for my visitation form to be approved. I am getting impatient!!! It has been in for 5 weeks so I am hoping soon:) Can I ask, why were there terminations..Too many visitors? I have never been to a prison to visit so this is all new.

oL!V3*O!l*23
08-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I am so happy for you. I am still waiting for my visitation form to be approved. I am getting impatient!!! It has been in for 5 weeks so I am hoping soon:) Can I ask, why were there terminations..Too many visitors? I have never been to a prison to visit so this is all new.

Hey girl well be patient for ur approval cuz its all in gods perfect timing....... and they terminate visits because of overcrowding and if you violate rules so be careful about that..... what yard is your loved one at cuz if u need more detailed information about the visiting process for a certain spot just post it!!!

~Ladies I heard something today that made me think of u girls, it was on a religious radio and they were saying how, even though u we might not realize it, but through the lord we comfort others in hard, tragic times. Some of us has more knowledge about this system for whatever reason and we offer our help, wisdom, knowledge and understanding to strangers.........we are all doing his work even through PTO...... I think thats beautiful and i just want to say god bless all of u and ur situations and may the blessings pour down on your homes!! Just believe, have faith and trust in god.......Amen and Amen ~

Luvbigpapi
08-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey girl well be patient for ur approval cuz its all in gods perfect timing....... and they terminate visits because of overcrowding and if you violate rules so be careful about that..... what yard is your loved one at cuz if u need more detailed information about the visiting process for a certain spot just post it!!!

~Ladies I heard something today that made me think of u girls, it was on a religious radio and they were saying how, even though u we might not realize it, but through the lord we comfort others in hard, tragic times. Some of us has more knowledge about this system for whatever reason and we offer our help, wisdom, knowledge and understanding to strangers.........we are all doing his work even through PTO...... I think thats beautiful and i just want to say god bless all of u and ur situations and may the blessings pour down on your homes!! Just believe, have faith and trust in god.......Amen and Amen ~
He is in Central...all I know. I know...My guy told me to be patient and it will all happen in His perfect timing. I just want to hug him and hold his hand and look into his beautiful eyes....

HEFTYZWIFE
08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
i am so happy for you. I am still waiting for my visitation form to be approved. I am getting impatient!!! It has been in for 5 weeks so i am hoping soon:) can i ask, why were there terminations..too many visitors? I have never been to a prison to visit so this is all new.

dont worry luv your visit will come!! Patience is a virtue lol specally with us prison wifeys!!

I had to wait 9 months for my visiting approval and after about 6 letters to the visiting sarg. It finally happend and well worth the wait!! So best of luck and keep your head up!

HEFTYZWIFE
08-04-2009, 08:53 PM

AMEN friend!!

MAy GOD bless you and the tough situations that are put in your paths <3
with faith anything is possible ...

Luvbigpapi
08-04-2009, 11:03 PM
dont worry luv your visit will come!! Patience is a virtue lol specally with us prison wifeys!!

I had to wait 9 months for my visiting approval and after about 6 letters to the visiting sarg. It finally happend and well worth the wait!! So best of luck and keep your head up!

WOW, HEFTYZWIFE...9 months You have a great attitude.

Ananda
08-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Has anyone had a problem getting a hold of the prison for an appointment. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at the specified time. I call off the hook and nobody answers. I am very close to sending a letter to ask them to make an appointment for me. I am very frustrated now, mad even.

Tepee
08-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Okay ladies, I just got this e-mail this morning and thought it would help... if just a little...

It is best to arrive at least thirty minutes prior to the start of your visit, but no later than thirty minutes after your scheduled appointment time. You will arrive at the CTF Entrance building notify the officer that you have a scheduled appointment, they will give you a pass. you will then go back outside fill out the pass and wait for the officer to announce your scheduled time. At that time you will be processed through.

CTF Visiting Staff

HEFTYZWIFE
08-05-2009, 10:46 AM
wow, heftyzwife...9 months you have a great attitude.

lol thanks <3 thats just how much i love my husband :)
through hell and high water ...
It was hard but i try and keep a positive attitude if you have noticed from some other posts i do get frustraited lol :)
but in those 9 months i just got a chance to miss him more and when we got our first contact visit it had already been almost 2 yrs since i last hugged him :( the wait is well worth it let me tell you!! :) good luck mamaz...:d

HEFTYZWIFE
08-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Has anyone had a problem getting a hold of the prison for an appointment. I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at the specified time. I call off the hook and nobody answers. I am very close to sending a letter to ask them to make an appointment for me. I am very frustrated now, mad even.

ANANDA IM SORRY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A HARD TIME GETTING THROUGH IT CAN BE FRUSTRAITING :angry: I WAS HITTING REDIAL FOR 30 MIN BEFORE I GOT THROUGH...I DONT KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR APP AT BUT IF YOU CALL LATER IN THE DAY RATHER THAN IN THE BEGINING OF THE SPECIFIED TIME I USAULLY GET THROUGH...

HOPE YOU GET YOUR APPOINTMENT!

Top Cat
08-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Why are they even doing this with south. Now I can see that for the other yards it might help because what they were doing with them before was not working. With south it was already working just fine.

judean07
08-06-2009, 09:34 PM
When making an appointment are you making it with the inmate or the section they are in?
I want to go visit my son he is currently in North (no they have not moved him yet!!) but will be moving to east so if I make an appointment will the appointment follow him if he is moved?

Tepee
08-07-2009, 11:07 AM
That's a good question j!!! When I made my appointment they asked what yard first then his CDC # so I think it goes by yard but you might want to ask when you actually get through.

4evernlove
08-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Has anyone been able to make appointments in the last few days.I havent been able to get threw. I also heard of something starting up for online appointments please post any information. Thanks

4evernlove
08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Has anyone been able to make appointments in the last few days.I havent been able to get threw. I also heard of something starting up for online appointments please post any information. Thanks

Okay sorry ladies, I just spoke to someone about appointments. They are still making appointments for this weekend and next weekend... He couldn't tell me if they were on lockdown. did tell me to call the visting hotline number tomorrow.....

KLINUS
08-13-2009, 12:07 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/KLINUS/1%20USE%20THESE/scan0002-4.jpg

KLINUS
08-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Frequently Asked Questions—Scheduled Visiting

Q: When can I schedule an appointment?
A: Appointments can be scheduled in person at the Central Entrance Building after visiting on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. (Effective July 3, 2009) Appointments can also be made by telephone by calling (831) 678-3951 ext 4012 according to the following schedule:
Mondays and Fridays from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

Q: If I cannot reach a staff member on the telephone, can I leave a message to schedule my visit?
A: No. All visits must be scheduled by a staff member. Messages will not be honored or returned.

Q: How early can I show up for my scheduled visit?
A: You can arrive (although it is not necessary) at the Entrance Building no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your visit.

Q: Do I need to cancel my visit if I know I cannot make it or do I simply not show up?
A: Cancelling your visit is not necessary but it is a courtesy to other visitors who may want to schedule in that time slot. Cancellations will only be taken in person, not over the telephone.

Q: Am I penalized if I cancel my visit or do not show?
A: No.

Q: Can I schedule a visit for someone else when I schedule my visit?
A: Yes, as long as it is for the same inmate, same time and date. You may reserve your appointment for your entire party.

Q: What happens if I am late for my appointment?
A: If you arrive to your appointment late but before the next time slot has begun processing you will be admitted. If you arrive to your appointment when the next time slot has begun processing you will be processed in the next available walk up slot. Records will be kept of visitors who are late or miss their appointments.

Tepee
08-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Well everyone, today I spoke with the lieutinant and kind of voiced some concerns about the way the appointments were being handled and how there are/were misconceptions about what the appointments would actually mean for us. I know I (and a lot of other visitors) thought this would alleviate a lot of terminations and the timeliness of the staff at getting us inside quicker. And that in its self is not what the appointments were for. Basically what the appointment were implemented for was to reduce the amount of traffic on the road and to stop arguments about who got there first, or who cut in front of whom. It was implemented more so to keep things on the grounds under control. I asked the lieutinant why would they not just stop walk-ups altogether and she said that was actually sent up to Sacramento because of some of the feed back that they've been getting but Sacramento said that you cannot send someone away and that 2 hours is all that we are guaranteed so even though the appointment has been acknowledged it is still a first in, first out basics. She also told me that starting on the 5th of September North A-yard will be getting visits... so with that said she also said that this is how visiting for the SNY and the GP will work until all of the GP is transferred; every other week it will rotate (i.e. Saturday the 5th A-yard will get visits, and Sunday B-yard will get visits then the following week the 12th, that Saturday B-yard will get visits and then Sunday A-yard will get their visits) this will unfortunately be how North visiting will happen until all of the GP inmates are transferred out. So I really hope this helps with some of the confussion with visits and that there is somewhat of a better understanding about the appointments and how and why they're actually in play. Oh and here is the e-mail we can use to start making our appointments 2 weeks in advance ctfvisiting@cdcr.ca.gov (http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/compose?To=ctfvisiting%40cdcr.ca.gov) , the e-mail just like the phone call can ONLY be 2 weeks in advance so there you have it.

HEFTYZWIFE
08-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Thank you tepee for letting us know what you have found out!! Im upset because i drive a long way to see my husband and those two days of visiting mean alot to us but i guess there is nothing i can do about it!! Im just praying for the best and that my hubby gets transfered closer to home soon!! I cant take this place any more!!
God bless ladies may god give us patience to deal with this prison system!!

horse92
08-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks so much for the info. I have to say that I actually like the appointments. Granted it took a lot of redialing to get someone to answer the phone when I made the appointment, but it was worth it. I showed up around 7:45ish and was in the visiting room before 8:30 (I had an 8am appt both days) That certainly beats getting there before 6:30 and having to deal with the confusion of the line outside and then waiting sometimes up to two hours to get into the visiting room. I went to visit last weekend on both days and although they were crowded, my visit was not terminated, which I think is because I travel almost 300 miles and don't visit but maybe every 3-4 months.

Although I realize they are still working out the bumps, I like it for me. I hope that they continue with it and that it does work out to everyone's benefit (just my opinion)

4evernlove
08-16-2009, 08:41 PM
I also like the appointents system. Its just real hard to call on those friday mornings when im at work. Now with the online system it will be a little easier. thanks again tepee for the useful post and the online information.

FaithHeals
08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Thank you for all the valuable info, everyone! I have a question about the email setup, though. I know we can't make appointments for any more than 2 weeks in advance even via email, but do we have to wait until a certain time of day 2 weeks prior, or can I email at midnight Saturday morning for two weeks from then? I'm assuming (or rather hoping) they're going to make the appointments in the order that the emails come in, but I don't want mine to be ignored because I sent it at 9:59am and I couldn't send it before 10:00am, that sort of thing. Don't mean to make this complicated, but this is the CDCR. And after 4 years of visiting at SVSP, I'm programmed to expect the worst. LOL.

Steph

4evernlove
08-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Faithheals have you been able to log in to CTF visting web site to make that appt. I Havent even been able to find it. It should tell you right after you make it if it was excepted right there once made. And if you get in can you please post.I may be missing something

Tepee
08-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Faithheals have you been able to log in to CTF visting web site to make that appt. I Havent even been able to find it. It should tell you right after you make it if it was excepted right there once made. And if you get in can you please post.I may be missing something

4ever, that isn't a web site that I posted its an e-mail address. That's why you're having trouble getting into it. Good luck!!!

Tepee
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Attention Visitors:

This email is for informational purposes regarding the current changes to North Facility inmate population. These changes will have a direct impact on the CTF North Facility Visiting Program. Effective Saturday, September 5, 2009 SNY inmates at North Facility will be allowed visitation. During the conversion process SNY inmates will rotate visiting days each weekend with general population inmates. Because the first Saturday has been designated for SNY Visiting there will be no visiting for general population (GP) inmates housed at North Facility on September 5. GP inmates will have visiting on September 6 and 7 (Labor Day).

With the exception of Labor Day, any visiting Holiday that falls during the conversion process will be split into morning and afternoon visiting. The visiting rotation will be in effect for the duration of this conversion process. If you visit an inmate that is a GP inmate your visiting rotation will start with Sunday visiting on September 6, 2009 the following weekend you can visit on Saturday, September 12, 2009 the next weekend Sunday then Saturday etc. You will follow this Visiting cycle until your inmate has moved to Central or has been transferred.

Visitors it is very important that you check the Visitor Hotline for the most update information on lockdowns etc. at 1-800-374-8474. For the statewide Inmate Locator call 1-916-445-6713. These numbers will be very helpful as inmates are transferred out. To expedite the scheduling process visitors should know if the inmate they are trying to visit is an SNY inmate or GP inmate. This is crucial to scheduling your appointment on the appropriate visiting day.

Questions can be emailed to ctfvisiting@cdcr.ca.gov (http://us.mc807.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=ctfvisiting@cdcr.ca.gov) .

This rotation will continue throughout the SNY conversion.

Rotation : WEEK 1 SNY Saturday
GP Sunday

WEEK 2 GP Saturday
SNY Sunday

WEEK 3 SNY Saturday
GP Sunday

WEEK 4 GP Saturday
SNY Sunday

WEEK 5 SNY Saturday
GP Sunday

Lt. Truett
CTF Visiting

Rolando's Lady
09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi Im new to this & I was wondering if anyone knows if inmates who are D.O's get contact visits or not?

Papibear55
12-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

This may be a silly question. I have finally been approved it took 3 months. I have never gone to a prison before. I have the e-mail address to make a appointment but what information do they need. I will be going to soledad correctional. I can't find anything on the info for appoinments within the visiting guidlines. Looks like they haven't updated that since 2003. I would love any information you all may have for me. I want to know what I'm doing I will be driving from Orange County I don't want any mistakes. :)
Thanks I'm soooooo excited

judean07
12-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Your name, Your inmates name and their CDC number.
The date and the time. (I found that by saying whatever time is opened worked better) and the section you will be visiting North, south where ever your man is housed.
They will send you back an appointment or a message saying that is not opened.
Hope this helps and happy visiting, it is not as bad as you would think.

karen47
10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Is north facility still on an alternate day schedule for visits (Sat. one weekend, then Sunday the next weekend?

Mrs.RicoWifey
10-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Is north facility still on an alternate day schedule for visits (Sat. one weekend, then Sunday the next weekend?
what are you saying? Its always been Sat & Sun ( shasta & Whitney) for this weekend. Then its Rainier & Lassen weekend Oct23 & 24, following weekend is shasta & Whitney Oct 30 & 31. It always rotates.