View Full Version : Federal Prison Email switch to Corrlinks

BGAnnie
08-26-2009, 08:59 PM
USP Marion is changing the way they do emails to a website called Corrlinks. Does anyone have any info. on this. We are trying to figure out the pro's and con's...and what kind of cost is involved, if any, to either the inmate or the person sending the email. I have read the post on Iowa's Corrlink program....but it's not really clear if there is a cost for the Federal inmates. Also,right now my boyfriend gets my emails within a couple of hours. It looks like Iowa's inmates have a time frame to get their mail the same day, otherwise it's the next day. Can anyone give me some input on this? Thanks, Annie

NorTex
08-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Annie,
I too am interested in the Corrlinks issue.....Is this system about to be adopted all throughout the FBOP as the article leads a person to believe,OR, is it just isolated to a few FBOP locations? My loved one in Texas has heard no word of Trulincs being replaced.
From what I read about Corrlinks, it would appear this would be a lower quality of communication than Trulincs.

Zelda50
08-31-2009, 02:32 PM
From FedCURE - looks like all of BOP is changing over.

FBOP TRULINCS is moving to CorrLinks ~ 09 September 2009

Sign-up for contacting BOP Inmates available after 9/9/09.

The only service that will be available for BOP inmates will be email.

CorrLinks is a way for family and friends to communicate with their loved ones incarcerated in prison. Established through a relationship between a corrections agency and ATG, this system allows family and friends to subscribe to the CorrLinks services and send money or email messages to the institution.
When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' two-way mail service, the inmate receives the message on a computer within the prison. They are able to read, print and respond to messages electronically. All messages are delivered to the sending family/friends via Internet email. The inmates do not receive access to the Internet.

When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' one-way mail service, the institution prints and delivers the messages via internal mail services. The sending family member does not need to write/print or mail the message and wait for USPS deliery.

Certain agencies also allow inmates to receive money electronically. CorrLinks makes this possible by providing friends and family with access to Western Union's vast network of agents and website, enabling them to send money quickly and easily to the institution. In most cases, money is deposited from CorrLinks to the institution within 24 hours.

FAQ
1.. How do I use this site?

2.. Is there a charge for using this site?

3.. When are messages delivered?

4.. Can my message be held up for delivery?

5.. If my message is rejected, do you refund the fee?

6.. My loved one is no longer at the facility. Will you refund my balance?

7.. I can't figure out this site. Can I call you for help?

8.. When will I be able to send messages to inmates at xyz institution?

9.. Are my messages monitored?

10.. I have forgotten my login and/or password. Can you reset it?

11.. How will the charge appear on my credit card statement?

12.. How can I contact Corrlinks?

Go to top

Return
1. How do I use this site?
You must sign-up by agreeing to the terms and conditions of usage and creating an account. If you're communicating with an inmate at a subscribing state or county facility, you will also need to fund your account using a Mastercard or VISA credit card.

If you're communicating with a federal inmate you will need to add inmates with the identification code sent to you by email.

With your account, you'll be able to add inmates with whom you wish to communicate. You will need to know the inmate number to add them to your address book.

Once the inmate is added, you can compose and send a new message.

Go to top

2. Is there a charge for using this site?
Charges for using this site are based upon agreements with Correctional agencies. This site does not charge for sending or receiving messages from inmates at Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities with TRULINCS. Sending messages to Iowa inmates costs $0.25 per message.

Go to top

3. When are messages delivered?
Messages are generally delivered by the institution staff at a time of their choosing.

Go to top

4. Can my message be held up for delivery?
The institution staff have the final authority for delivery of any and all messages and may review it, hold it or reject it just like any other package or letter entering the institution.

Go to top

5. If my message is rejected, do you refund the fee?
Just like any other letter mailed to the inmates at an institution, the fee to send a letter is the cost of transporting the message to the facility. If the institution rejects a letter, no fee will be refunded.

Go to top

6. My loved one is no longer at the facility. Will you refund my balance?
Yes. If all inmates in your address book have been released from our subscribing institutions, you may request a cancellation of your account and a refund of your remaining balance. We will issue the refund to your credit card within 48 hours.

Go to top

7. I can't figure out this site. Can I call you for help?
Sorry, we keep the fees for users of this site low by providing online support only. The process to use this site is very simple - please see Question #1 - How do I use this site.

Go to top

8. When will I be able to send messages to inmates at xyz institution?
We are working on adding facilities for friends and families to communicate with incarcerated loved ones but are not able to predict when a facility may be added. If your loved one is at a subscribing facility, you'll be able to add them to your address book with the inmate number. If they are at a Federal Bureau of Prisons facility, please visit http://www.inmatemessage.com for instructions.

Go to top

9. Are my messages monitored?
The institution housing an inmate determines its need for monitoring messages, letters and other communication. If desired, the institution may monitor any or all messages for any or all inmates. CorrLinks staff does not monitor your messages but may need to assist the institution in such monitoring from time to time.

Go to top

10. I have forgotten my login and/or password. Can you reset it?
We have provided a self-reset tool for your user name and password that utilizes the questions and answers you provided at sign-up. Our staff does not reset user passwords, nor can provide a previously used username or password.

Go to top

11. How will the charge appear on my credit card statement?
Credit card charges made on the Corrlinks web site will appear on your credit card statement as ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES.

Go to top

12. How can I contact Corrlinks?
You can contact Corrlinks from the Feedback

Go to top

dummy

Terms and Conditions

CorrLinks Terms and Conditions of Service

Welcome to CorrLinks. By using this website, you accept the terms of this usage agreement (the Agreement). Please read this Agreement carefully. CorrLinks terms and conditions of service may be changed at any time and the new terms and conditions will be available on the website. Your use of the CorrLinks service shall constitute your explicit agreement with the terms and conditions of this service as modified from time to time. CorrLinks makes no representation or warranties of any kind, either written or implied, as to the services provided. This Agreement has been made in, and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Iowa. By using CorrLinks services, you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in Des Moines, Iowa in all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or CorrLinks services.

Services Provided

The services provided by CorrLinks are per agreements between CorrLinks and Correctional Agencies permitting CorrLinks to provide message delivery services to the institutions. Each correctional agency determines which CorrLinks services are authorized for an institution, group of inmates or even a particular inmate. New services are only added via agreements with correctional agencies.

Services are provided to you as-is. You understand that there may be delays, omissions, interruptions, inaccuracies and/or other problems with the website and services provided. CorrLinks and its affiliates, agents and licensors cannot and do not warrant the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the website or services available. Under no circumstances will CorrLinks or its affiliates, agents or licensors be liable to you or anyone else for any damages arising out of your use of these services, including without limitation, consequential, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, exemplary or other damages of any kind. You agree that the liability of CorrLinks and its affiliates, agents and licensors, if any, arising out of any kind of legal claim arising out of or otherwise relating to the website or services provided by CorrLinks will not exceed the amount you paid, if any, for the use of the services out of which such liability allegedly arises.

Service Fees

Each service is provided for free or a nominal service fee which is specific to each service and each correctional agency. The service fees, if any, are displayed at the time of each transaction and may change with a 30-day advance notice. There are no charges for services provide when communicating with inmates housed in Federal Bureau of Prisons institutions, and your CorrLinks account would not require funding as stated below.

You must fund your CorrLinks account, via a credit card payment, prior to use of the CorrLinks services. A convenience fee is charged by the credit card processing entity at the time of each transaction. All fees are in US Dollars. The fees vary by correctional agency.

Refunds

The CorrLinks service may be canceled once all subscribed inmates are no longer available for communication. Once no inmates are available, the user may request a refund of the remaining balance to the credit card used for the last transaction made on their credit card. The user will be required to confirm the last 4 digits of the credit card used, the last amount transacted and their password. Upon confirmation, the remaining balance, less the aforementioned convenience fee will be refunded to the credit card and the account canceled.

Delivery of Messages

Messages are received by CorrLinks on behalf of the correctional agency responsible for the custody of the particular inmate. CorrLinks is responsible for delivery of messages to the correctional agency; once the message has been delivered to the correctional agency, CorrLinks has successfully completed its obligation. Correctional agencies have published policies governing correspondence that they will deliver to inmates. Messages the correctional agency decides not to deliver to the inmate are not refundable to the sender and no information is available to CorrLinks support staff about specific rejections and reason.

Delivery of Money

Money sent by CorrLinks service for delivery to the inmate's account for any purpose may be rejected by the correctional agency with custody over the inmate for a variety of reasons. If the rejection is due to the inmate's release from custody or due to institution rejection, the money sent will be refunded to the sender less the convenience fee. Once funds are delivered to the correctional agency and accepted, no refunds can be processed.

Delivery of Packages

Packages or goods requested via the CorrLinks service for delivery to the inmate account for any purpose may be rejected by the correctional agency with custody over the inmate for a variety of reasons. Once the goods are ordered for delivery, no refunds are available. A delivery cancellation button is available until the order is processed.

Passwords and Account Access

To obtain access to services you will be given an opportunity to register with CorrLinks. You agree that the information you supply during that registration process will be accurate and complete and that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the service under the name of, another person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify CorrLinks immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or password, or any other breach of security. You may be held liable for losses incurred by CorrLinks or any other user of the CorrLinks due to someone else using your password or customer account. You may not use anyone else's password or customer account at any time. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the site. You are not authorized to use any automatic device, program, algorithm, system or manual process to access, acquire, copy, scan, probe, test or monitor any portion of the CorrLinks services, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the site through any means not purposely made available through the site.

CorrLinks retains the right to terminate your access to the site and its services at any time, for any reason. If we terminate your account, a refund of any remaining balance will be provided.

Monitoring

CorrLinks service staff may access content on the service, including any messages sent or received via the service. All information and content about messages sent and received using CorrLinks are accessible for review and/or download by staff at the correctional agency or their assignees responsible for the particular inmate. By using CorrLinks services you are eighteen years old, and expressly agree to the monitoring and review of all messages sent and received via this service by CorrLinks staff, and the applicable correctional agency and its staff, contractors, and agents.

[LAST CHANGED: Aug 25, 2009]

English Español
© 2008 Advanced Technologies Group, Inc.

https://www.corrlinks.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx

AllThrtl
09-02-2009, 10:53 PM
So which is it????

"When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' two-way mail service, the inmate receives the message on a computer within the prison. They are able to read, print and respond to messages electronically. All messages are delivered to the sending family/friends via Internet email. The inmates do not receive access to the Internet."

This sounds just like what they have now...

"When the corrections agency subscribes to CorrLinks' one-way mail service, the institution prints and delivers the messages via internal mail services. The sending family member does not need to write/print or mail the message and wait for USPS deliery. "

This options sucks...It sounds like we send the email, then wait for a lazy BOP employee to print it and deliver it via mail call. Mail call will take two hours every night if that's the case...

So which option is the BOP going with? And where exactly is it posted that the BOP is switching? Not to doubt Fedcure, but my dealings with the BOP have taught me not to believe anything unless it's coming straight from the BOP's mouth, and then only believe half of it....

BGAnnie
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the inputs. The way I understand it....we will have to log into a website to write our emails to our inmates and to receive them as well. We won't know any longer if we got an email from them by our normal means of receiving email....unless we go to their website. It doesn't look like a cost to us, other then the inmates still have to pay for their time online. Annie

AllThrtl
09-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, until someone posts a little bettter info than this, I wouldn't run out on Sept 9th and sign up for Corrlinks... nothing having to do with the BOP happens this fast and I seriously doubt they are gonna flip a switch on the 9th and magically everything is switched.... I doubt they could do it in 6 months, much less one day... JMO...

BGAnnie
09-04-2009, 09:52 AM
LOL....I guess we'll see what happens next Wednesday.:rolleyes: Annie

Sininen
09-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Uuum... how are we going to get notified of when the institution that our loved one's in takes this corrlinks on..?? How darn confusing, especially as the trulincs dont seem to be working either in the meanwhile..... grrh.

Jojoster
09-07-2009, 03:37 AM
My hubby is a BOP inmate and today is the first day that I haven't gotten an email from him since he's been online. He spoke with our daughter last night and asked if she had gotten his email that he'd sent earlier. She did not get any email from him.

Yeah, something smells fishy with Trulincs.

Sininen
09-07-2009, 04:04 AM
My hubby is a BOP inmate and today is the first day that I haven't gotten an email from him since he's been online. He spoke with our daughter last night and asked if she had gotten his email that he'd sent earlier. She did not get any email from him.

Yeah, something smells fishy with Trulincs.
All the ones I sent yesterday are now being returned one by one with a message that the receivers server was unable to connect..... :blah: Lovely the way they leave us hangin.....

Dsnygirl
09-07-2009, 06:18 AM
All the ones I sent yesterday are now being returned one by one with a message that the receivers server was unable to connect..... :blah: Lovely the way they leave us hangin.....

The ones i sent yesterday has not been returned to me ....yet!!!:rolleyes: Hope they resolved this quickly AND hope gonna have no problem with Corrlinks either!!:mad:

BGAnnie
09-07-2009, 07:02 AM
I sent more emails too, and they came back rejected as well. Annie

Sininen
09-07-2009, 08:11 AM
On this note...... Just spoke to Mr.Man and he aint even remotely aware of this trulinc vs. corrlinc issue!!!! He sayen they should at least get a memo on it...!!!
My thoughts exactly!! I AAAAMMM confused.... :confused::confused::confused:

ohswann
09-07-2009, 09:24 AM
the same thing is happening with me as well. I called advanced technologies or who ever does it and they say its probably because the are switching over. the web site is a-t-g.com advanced technologies group

Dsnygirl
09-07-2009, 10:30 AM
On this note...... Just spoke to Mr.Man and he aint even remotely aware of this trulinc vs. corrlinc issue!!!! He sayen they should at least get a memo on it...!!!
My thoughts exactly!! I AAAAMMM confused.... :confused::confused::confused:

what prison is he at??
Mine is at Devens and he got the memo about it weeks ago. That is how i found out about it.. from my hubby.

Sininen
09-07-2009, 10:34 AM
what prison is he at??
Mine is at Devens and he got the memo about it weeks ago. That is how i found out about it.. from my hubby.
He at Jesup and totally clueless :shrug: Another girl also said she found out from her man.... So I guess SOME people know!!

Jojoster
09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

<omitted by jojoster>

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.

Sininen
09-07-2009, 01:37 PM
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

<omitted by jojoster>

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect.
Yup... that's the one :soothe:

AllThrtl
09-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Yep, mine have been returned also...Carswell...

Well, I knew it wouldn't all happen in a day. I supposed we should have anticipated they would screw up the whole system for a few days before, LOL...

Dsnygirl
09-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Yep, all my 5 e mail were returned..My hubby called me twice today since he couldn't stand the lack of communication today due to e mail down!! LOL!!:ha:

Hopefully all will work out well with Corrlinks this week!!

Dsnygirl
09-07-2009, 07:07 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE E MAILS SYSTEM ARE UP AND RUNNING!!! JUST GOT AN E MAIL FROM MY HUBBY!!!!:mail:

Jojoster
09-07-2009, 07:45 PM
LOOKS LIKE THE E MAILS SYSTEM ARE UP AND RUNNING!!! JUST GOT AN E MAIL FROM MY HUBBY!!!!:mail:

Ditto!!!! I responded to the latest one with hopes that it goes through the system without being rejected. I'm crossing my fingers!

AllThrtl
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM
Yep, got mine a few minutes ago... My wife said she was told it was shut down for the holiday and had nothing to do with the alleged switch to Corrlinks... who knows!!!

Dsnygirl
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
Yep, got mine a few minutes ago... My wife said she was told it was shut down for the holiday and had nothing to do with the alleged switch to Corrlinks... who knows!!!

you kidding me!!!:angry: Brother!! :hmm:

Sininen
09-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Well THAT was below the belt :angry: however... i just got an inbox full of "honey!! You aint writing me!!" - messages too,hahhaa.

Eia
09-08-2009, 02:41 AM
Just to add my 2 pence worth,I just got an e-mail from husband that was sent sunday morning(his time).My daughter and I both sent a couple of e-mails to him on sunday also,but he is wondering why he hasn't heard from us..haven't got those mails returned yet either..he's in USP McCreary,and doesn't know anything about the change over yet.:confused:

Iamjustagirl
09-08-2009, 09:21 AM
It is frustrating. I hope that it switches over for all very smoothly

Sininen
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
Mr Man just called to say no email today.......
Ok so I'm thinkin it's the 9th... time for the system change right? RIGHT? :confused:

Iamjustagirl
09-09-2009, 01:33 PM
It is changing. I noticed this morning that "Federal" was added to the account section. Yesterday, they only had Iowa listed.

Now, I guess that we're waiting on our identification codes.

AllThrtl
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Well, mine is still working, although the delay may have been a little longer today, but none have come back and I just got some new ones...Good luck everyone...

Dsnygirl
09-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Ok i sign up for Corrlinks and got FBOP but when i put inmate # on it , it state no record...

anyone got success???

MagicEyez
09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
^-^ Same thing happened to me earlier ~ just checked it again ... no luck.

Granted, I have gotten 2 email from him today ~ through trulinks, and i wrote him back after he sent 'em (they came in at the same time, although one was written early morning, the other, around lunch time) ~ i sent 1000 apologies for not sending anything today ... i thought the system was down for the switch ...

I dont know whats going on!! =/

Indy2
09-09-2009, 05:37 PM
federal emails are down

MagicEyez
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the update Indy! I sent mine through to him around 345'ish ~ tx time ...

Do you know how long they are supposed to be down??

Indy2
09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
My guess it will be sometime tomorrow because it says after 09/09/09

MagicEyez
09-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah I saw that too, but so far, trulinks or whatever its called is still working for us ... theres no telling i suppose ~ lol ...

AllThrtl
09-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Hello? Is this thing on?.... I've gotten 4 emails from my wife today and I've sent as many, no problems, she getting mine, I'm getting hers... They were delayed a couple extra hours this morning, but they've been fine since then....

Dsnygirl
09-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Hello? Is this thing on?.... I've gotten 4 emails from my wife today and I've sent as many, no problems, she getting mine, I'm getting hers... They were delayed a couple extra hours this morning, but they've been fine since then....

Through Trulincs?? or Corrlinks??

AllThrtl
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Trulincs... It's taking about an hour and a half or so to get them...as normal...

The IT guy at Carswell told my wife that they haven't heard a word about the email system changing... He claimed it might happen for facilities that don't currently have trulincs, but he doubted all of them would switch, seeing as they haven't heard a word about it...That's why I've been trying to get more information from someone, the vague message from FedCure leaves a lot of unanswered questions...

MagicEyez
09-09-2009, 07:38 PM
All mine are coming in through Trulincs as well .. seems the delay is a big longer but thats it. Louis told me they were there working on the computers today, but he knew nothing about a switch over for emails.

carlie_cb
09-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Our messages have been going through with Trunlinks still, but I am getting them in crazy order. Ill get one he sent an hour ago then one he sent four hours ago. He just emailed me asking if I am getting his messages which makes me think that he is not getting my responses. I have to wonder if Corrlinks will work better once it is set up.. lets hope so!

Sininen
09-09-2009, 11:58 PM
It seems both me and Mr.Man jumpped the gun as, in the end, we DID get through to each other.... after like a 9 hour delay!!! Hmm....... I'm getting even more confused here. And he STILL doesn't know nothin bout corrlinks... :confused::confused: Says it's all news to him and everyone at his end..!! And I'm with carlie cb on that crazy order...

Iamjustagirl
09-10-2009, 08:48 AM
From my understanding, they have been shutting down Trulincs throughout the days in order to send up introduction emails for Corrlinks. Whenever Trulincs is working, it seems like the emails are all out of order or late

AllThrtl
09-10-2009, 10:38 AM
From my understanding, they have been shutting down Trulincs throughout the days in order to send up introduction emails for Corrlinks. Whenever Trulincs is working, it seems like the emails are all out of order or late

I'm curious, where did you hear this?

Outside of the delay yesterday morning, mine have been coming fine. Although, I think there was some sort or problem with my Blackberry service yesterday, but the message came in fine on my PC.. As of this morning, they are still working fine, with a 1hr 30 minute delay.

BGAnnie
09-10-2009, 10:43 AM
The system was down yesterday for about half the day. I tried to sign up
for the corrlinks and found this:
Should I sign up for an account if I only want to contact BOP inmates?
Only if you have received a subscription request from an inmate. You will receive an email from the system between 9/9/09 and 10/6/09 inviting you to subscribe in order to continue email communication with a BOP inmate. Until then, you do not have to do anything and can continue to email as in the past. We do not charge you for using this system to email Federal inmates.
The whole thing stinks! Annie

Sininen
09-10-2009, 11:45 AM
The system was down yesterday for about half the day. I tried to sign up
for the corrlinks and found this:
Should I sign up for an account if I only want to contact BOP inmates?
Only if you have received a subscription request from an inmate. You will receive an email from the system between 9/9/09 and 10/6/09 inviting you to subscribe in order to continue email communication with a BOP inmate. Until then, you do not have to do anything and can continue to email as in the past. We do not charge you for using this system to email Federal inmates.
The whole thing stinks! Annie
Well at least this brings a lil bit of clarity..... kinda. Not feelin the time frame thou!! So yup... it does stink!!

Iamjustagirl
09-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm curious, where did you hear this?

Outside of the delay yesterday morning, mine have been coming fine. Although, I think there was some sort or problem with my Blackberry service yesterday, but the message came in fine on my PC.. As of this morning, they are still working fine, with a 1hr 30 minute delay.

The prison. I inquired about it all because myself, and a couple of other girls that I know have been having problems with our emails.

carlie_cb
09-10-2009, 07:47 PM
My husband just told me that the system is not changing where he is. Im assuming he means not switching to Corrlinks. I wonder if they just have not told them or if some locations are staying with Trunlinks.. maybe the ones that already have email access?? Ill have to get him to ask around some more.

AllThrtl
09-10-2009, 08:21 PM
My husband just told me that the system is not changing where he is. Im assuming he means not switching to Corrlinks. I wonder if they just have not told them or if some locations are staying with Trunlinks.. maybe the ones that already have email access?? Ill have to get him to ask around some more.

That's what I've been suspecting all along....

Iamjustagirl
09-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Some of the ones that have Trunlinks are switching over to Corrlinks as well. But, I've read that it may take as late as October for the switch to be made. Maybe some places just don't know about it yet..

carlie_cb
09-30-2009, 08:35 PM
Well my husband is at Sheridan Camp and he just sent his friend an email request a few days ago. It told him to sign up with Corrlinks. However, we have been using the Trunlinks system since he has been there and are still using it without problems. My guess is that people who were already using Trunlinks will not have to switch over.. maybe it did it automatically for us. He is able to email us both.. myself with Trunlinks and his friend with Corrlinks.

MagicEyez
10-01-2009, 11:48 AM
We've been using Trulinks for the last 2 years but while I was in Vegas I got the email saying ...

"The Federal Bureau of Prisons is modifying the way prisoners exchange electronic messages with public contacts.

You are being sent this guidance to assist in this transition because you have previously accepted electronic messaging as a form of communication with the prisoner named above.

The Bureau of Prisons will no longer accept electronic messages from email service providers. In the near future all persons in the public desiring to correspond electronically with federal prisoners will be required to have an account at www.corrlinks.com (http://www.corrlinks.com/). Public contacts will be required to receive and generate all electronic messages to federal prisoners from within CorrLinks.

On October 5, 2009, you will receive a follow-up email that will contain an identification number that correlates the prisoner listed above with the email address receiving this message. At that time you will be given 14 days to register with CorrLinks. Please do not register until you receive an identification code on 10/5/2009.

Once you have registered with CorrLinks, all your electronic correspondence with this prisoner will be available only within CorrLinks. If you do not register with CorrLinks within 14 days your electronic messaging with this prisoner will be discontinued."

F4L
10-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Ok, let's get some clarity around the "switch," which is actually a switch for us, not really for them. First, the BOP has decided they no longer want the outside public using all these different email service providers (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc.). So, to remedy this, they are making us sign-up for email service with the company they already have a contract with for inmate services, ATG, Advanced Technologies Group, Inc.

Now, by definition on the BOP's website, the Trust Fund Limited Inmate Computer System (TRULINCS) is a new program currently being deployed by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) to provide inmates with some limited computer access, to include the capability to send and receive electronic messages without having access to the Internet. This program is designed in part to assist in the inmate's eventual release to the community...
Inmates use Trulincs, not the public.

So, basically, ATG has chosen a name for their email service provider to the public as Corrlinks, where they can use <corrlinks.com> for the domain name and have the public subscribe to this domain for a free email service. Just like <hotmail.com>, <yahoo.com>, or any of the other websites that offer free email service out there.

With that being said, the thing we need to worry about is how stable and robust is ATG's email service. Is it as reliable, user-friendly, and offer those useful email features (like email forwarding), as do the email service providers that we all know, use, and love???

Sadie66
10-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Hi there, You've probably already figured this out, but if you go into the Accounts Management then into Manage my inmate list you select the option of "Alert me" and you'll get an alert every time you get an e-mail. This is my FIRST ever response so I hope I did this correctly. Thank you.

Down4TheCount
10-06-2009, 07:20 AM
My friend is in USP Lee in Jonesville, VA. I received the notification last week that I would receive an email on 10/5/09 to register with the new system, Corrlinks, but I haven't received it as of this morning. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or does anyone know what the problem is?

Jeremy's_Love
10-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I also received a notification that I would receive an email on 10/5/2009 to register with Corrlinks, but I as of now I have not received it. My guy is in the SHU, so I wonder if he will even be able to email at all.

HAWKLADY
10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
I also received a notification that I would receive an email on 10/5/2009 to register with Corrlinks, but I as of now I have not received it. My guy is in the SHU, so I wonder if he will even be able to email at all.

my dude is also in SHU. i'm hoping that doesn't effect us being able to email once he's let out. i ASSUME it won't since i got the email about signing up. i still haven't gotten a pass code yet 8-(

fairygodmother1
10-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey Ya'll! I wasn't getting anything from my man today and went on the CorrLinks site to find that I had a "pending contact request"; but I needed an identification code first. So, I emailed CorrLinks about it. They told me that they are trying hard to get all of the codes sent out with the codes; however; they emailed mine to me right away. So, I emailed my man through their system; just waiting to see how long it will be before I hear from him. This comes from 2 people who email back and forth 10 times a day or more! ;-) LOL!! So this stuff is killing me.

Edvais
10-07-2009, 02:24 AM
I got my link sent to me early this morning, which my son warned me to look for a month ago. Completing the form was pretty painless, now we'll see how it works. Too bad they still don't allow attachments, it would be nice to send a pic.

PTO-97580
10-07-2009, 06:43 AM
For some reason the PTO Help desk has had an abundance of requests to sign up for corrlinks through PTO.

PTO has no affiliation with Corrlinks and can not sign you up for BOP email.

If anyone has correspondence from anyone requesting that you sign up through PTO could you please pm me!!

Greg's shortay
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
it also appears you can only have one request to register..meaning. I emailed from my work and from my home....I registered my work email first and BAM...I can't register my home address..I have already sent in a request to COrrlinks for help..argh!

MagicEyez
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
^-^ ... But cant you just go to Corrlinks from your house and use your work email to log in and check 'em that way ~ since all messages have to be checked through the Corrlinks website itself??

Mrs.Anwo
10-07-2009, 05:09 PM
So heated about this change from trulincs to corrlinks because with Trulinc I was able to ave the email forwarded to my blackberry with this new system its not possible,i will have to log in on a pc 2 send and recieve the email....uggghhhh

MsMyBaby
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM
I can still access Corrlinks on my cell phone just as I could with Trulincs...you just type Corrlinks in a search bar and it will come up

Zelda50
10-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Stamps that cost 44 cents are available at your local post office or by mail. You can write or print out a letter, put it in an envelope, and lick the stamp and paste it on. Put it in a mailbox and it will be delivered to your inmate. If you're close by, it is delivered the next day. You can send mail from anywhere in the world - without a computer or a blackberry. (Sorry - I couldn't resist teasing you guys!) :)

fred's sister
10-22-2009, 08:40 PM
I quickly searched this forum and didn't see anything about whether or not we can insert images in the email text. I know we can't send attachments. Has anyone tried to insert pictures? BTW, I'm still having great luck with Corrlinks at Schuylkill, so maybe it depends on the prison.

AllThrtl
10-22-2009, 10:07 PM
I quickly searched this forum and didn't see anything about whether or not we can insert images in the email text. I know we can't send attachments. Has anyone tried to insert pictures? BTW, I'm still having great luck with Corrlinks at Schuylkill, so maybe it depends on the prison.

No, that's the same thing... attaching, inserting... text only.

Edvais
10-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Even if inserted images (as opposed to attachments) were permitted, you'd have to be sure the inmates have printer access.

Ronsbaby
10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
The prison. I inquired about it all because myself, and a couple of other girls that I know have been having problems with our emails.
there is always a delay in messages --- we've got it down to an about average of 2hr delay tween our emails back n forth!! Before we went to corrlinks and still with corrlinks, it just doesn't go thru like reg. emails when you type and send messages to ppl, our guess is since they are supposedly reading them all.... used to my messages came thru to me from my baby at anytime tween 15-25 after the hour, when he would send them bout 2hrs before then. now they come at all diffrent times though lol... also we've figured it out if i want him to have a message from me in 2hrs, it needs to be sent by 50 mins after the hour at the latest otherwise it goes thru the following hours, so if i want him to have a messag in the 9pm hour b4 lock in, i need to send it no later then 7:50pm otherwise he's not getting it till the following day when he can go check.
Hope this helps some that aren't sure of somethings!

sweetsweetie
12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know about smilies? My guy said smilies appear in his letters if I put the code in.

PS. I am hatin' this new email system. I wish they still came into my inbox.

exxacute
12-25-2009, 02:51 PM
I correspond with an inmate at FCI Terre Haute and just to corespond it does not cost me anything....it does cost the inmate .05 cents a minute. This includes for time logged on. It says on the site they are able to print these items, but my inmate has been unable to do so resulting in longer usage resulting in more charges. We do get the e-mail usually 2 or 3 hrs. delay, but we get to talk several times a day if we choose. The inmate deposits directly into an acct. specifically for e-mail. On our end it is possible to link a cc and deposit in their account, but no direct charge for the outside....only for the inmate. Hope this was helpful....

usholly
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks

stephjms
02-21-2010, 12:03 PM
can anyone tell me how to do this? how do i get to email him and how do i find out if he has emailed me?

abigail05
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.a-t-g.com/
to the left are some regions. click on your region and it will have a check mark beside the facility if it is installed.

shavetta
03-03-2010, 07:26 PM
so heated about this change from trulincs to corrlinks because with trulinc i was able to ave the email forwarded to my blackberry with this new system its not possible,i will have to log in on a pc 2 send and recieve the email....uggghhhh

i have a question when will i no when i have a message. Or be able to send one.i no you are not tech support but any advice will help thanks,s johnson

Joshua's Mom
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
My son has had Corrlinks since he's been in prison (about 6 mths now). We have had not problems with it. There is usually a 2 hr. wait for emails to reach him, and his to reach me. On occasion it seems to take longer. There is no charge to me, and I think the charge to him is 5 cents an email, but I may be wrong about that. As long as he has email I don't really care what provider they use, it really keeps us in touch with each other. But like I said, we have had no trouble with Corrlinks.

abigail05
03-12-2010, 04:40 PM
"i have a question when will i no when i have a message. Or be able to send one.i no you are not tech support but any advice will help thanks,s johnson "

it will be sent to the email you give to the inmate.

NoOne1994
04-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Is it 5 cents per email for all facilities?

Is it a 5 cent charge to send an email and an additional 5 cents to receive an email?

Can you send multiple emails per day or is there a limit?

NoOne1994
04-11-2010, 06:17 PM
So heated about this change from trulincs to corrlinks because with Trulinc I was able to ave the email forwarded to my blackberry with this new system its not possible,i will have to log in on a pc 2 send and recieve the email....uggghhhh

1. Login to www.corrlinks.com
2. Click Account Management
3. Click Manage My Inmate List
4. Click the box under email alert next to the inmate's name

Alerts will begin going to the email address under which you registered.

rubyred1108
05-16-2010, 08:11 AM
just FYI I did this and I still don't always get an email saying I have a message. So I still go on corrlinks and check just in case! I don't know if it's my iPhone or at&t or what. It's so nice to have the email tho!

1. Login in to corrlinks.
2. Click Account Management
3. Click Manage My Inmate List
4. Click the box under email alert next to the inmate's name

Alerts will begin going to the email address under which you registered.

Tngurl
07-04-2010, 07:51 AM
My guy is at USP Lee, and I recieved the email that he added me on Thursday, I have sent 2 emails but nothing back yet, does anyone know how long it takes to get/ respond to emails? Also Can he get and send email while Lee is under lockdown? I'm new to this and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

SJR713
08-03-2010, 02:41 PM
My guy is at USP Lee, and I recieved the email that he added me on Thursday, I have sent 2 emails but nothing back yet, does anyone know how long it takes to get/ respond to emails? Also Can he get and send email while Lee is under lockdown? I'm new to this and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!It takes roughly two hours for e-mails to go through.

And no, unfortunately, no e-mail during lockdown :(

briteluv0731
09-16-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm having a problem registering my baby under inmate list. I don't have an invitation code but i have his reg num. It won't work. What am i doing wrong?

XoJessXo
09-28-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm having a problem registering my baby under inmate list. I don't have an invitation code but i have his reg num. It won't work. What am i doing wrong?

I had this same problem. I pretty much figured it out. You can't add them to your list, they have to add your email. I think this is because your email needs to be approved. In my situation my boyfriend gave my email address and then I recieved an email from Corrlinks stating if I wanted to proceed I needed to enter the code they gave me. Once you go to create an account you have to use the code Corrlinks gives you. It takes roughly 30 minutes for it to verify and then you can begin sending emails to the person incarcerated. Usually it takes, at least in my situation, about 30min-1 hour for him to recieve my mail, vica versa. Hope this helps!

inlovealways
01-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Please remember to check your spam box and make sure the alert emails are not being routed there. That's what happened to me!:cool:

Ransacker
02-11-2011, 12:47 PM
The BOP begin the Inmate Email Systems in 2008. I know because I was at Texarkana and this was one of the pilot test spots. It costs 5 cents a minute. This includes typing so again as usual the FEDS want that MONEY$$$. Fed prison is about $$$. The level of sanitizing is immense. More so than regular mail correspondence. No photos, lots of keyword alerts and so forth. If the facility goes on lockdown, so will email just as the phones are turned off. No matter how bad the system is, it is THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN LEAVE A NON EMERGENCY MESSAGE OF ANY KIND TO A FED INMATE. To me, this was a life saver and made my time fly by. Expensive even at 5 cents a minute but worth it.

Tigerpaw357
02-13-2011, 06:01 PM
USP Marion is changing the way they do emails to a website called Corrlinks. Does anyone have any info. on this. We are trying to figure out the pro's and con's...and what kind of cost is involved, if any, to either the inmate or the person sending the email. I have read the post on Iowa's Corrlink program....but it's not really clear if there is a cost for the Federal inmates. Also,right now my boyfriend gets my emails within a couple of hours. It looks like Iowa's inmates have a time frame to get their mail the same day, otherwise it's the next day. Can anyone give me some input on this? Thanks, Annie
:angry:YEah you boyfriend has to PAY to send and to read the Emails and guess who is getting rich?

Tigerpaw357
02-13-2011, 06:03 PM
Is it 5 cents per email for all facilities?

Is it a 5 cent charge to send an email and an additional 5 cents to receive an email?

Can you send multiple emails per day or is there a limit?
It's not 5 cent per Email, it's 5 cent per unit and so many words or characters equal a unit - short story long - it's expensive and someone is getting rich off of it. The more you write the more you pay. Use it for emergencies only or limited use - write them the old way - also all your email is being READ word for word

Ransacker
02-13-2011, 08:18 PM
It is 5 cents a MINUTE, regardless of sending, typing, etc.

RGs_love
02-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Yup it is 5 cents a minute. There seems to be no limit on the amount of emails we can send. Those Feds want money and they do. I tell my babes just to write me letters, but he will drop me a few lines a day. He just can't help it. I don't like the idea of paying for it but oh well .. What I really don't like is the 2 -3 hour delay for us to receive the emails.

tegger
02-21-2011, 02:16 PM

My guy was at Ft. Dix when they got Corrlinks at the end of June, 2010. It was a godsend, even though it takes about 1.5 - 2 hours each way to get emails. I suppose it is because the site is monitored. It costs us nothing to send, but it costs the inmate money to read and send emails. I send him money when I can so he can put some in his phone fund and some for emails. I believe he told me it costs him about $2 for 40 minutes of email. Not too bad. I am happy that we can email each other, even if it does take a while to get the notes. Hope this helps.

sage26
03-19-2011, 10:29 AM
I have a question, can you use a walmart Visa Debit card? that is all i have to my name that i use as a credit card, can't get a credit card, so i use this when i need to. thanks for the info my husband told me that all fed prison use coorlink email.

DexterThedog
03-19-2011, 11:16 AM
If you are asking if you can use your debit card to pay for his email the answer is no. He will need money sent to him and he can then put it on his pre paid email account. There is no charge for you at all - all costs are within the prison.

Zino
03-19-2011, 07:25 PM
how much does it cost to use corrlinkd

sage26
03-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Thank you DexterThedog for the info.

DexterThedog
03-20-2011, 02:06 AM
The cost is explained a few posts up.

JosesLove
03-23-2011, 11:41 PM
Does anyone know once an inmate leaves the MCC if a sex offender who used a computer will have access to the limited communication of corlinks at their designated institution?

stuckinperg
03-24-2011, 07:36 AM
joseslove, from what I understand there are some places that do allow it for SOs, but many that still dont. From what I have heard, it seems that SOMP prisons have been allowing it. I am not 100% sure however.

Tae'sgirl
07-15-2011, 11:22 AM
It's free for you to send emails on Corrlinks. However, the inmate pays $0.05per minute to use Corrlinks. Plus if he reads the messages on the computer the time is charged. Have them print the messages out and read them on their time not the computer' to save money. :eek:

tbutlermom
07-21-2011, 07:02 PM
I just enrolled today.....and from reading the post federal inmates can send or recv free except for iowa....today was my first time checking the site out....

Chrissy2709
07-26-2011, 10:27 AM
It does cost the inmate to send emails. It does not cost us anything. Tell them to learn to tyoe fast, lol.

sparky951
10-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Ok maybe I posted in the wrong forum, I am not new to the Prison System but to the Feds I am so here goes again and I hope I don't sound foolish but I did read it cost the inmate to send out emails? So, heres my question, are we able to post money to their account so that they may still sen and receive the emails???? Wow this is sooo crazy!

MiniMoose
10-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Sparky,

Your LO will need to transfer money from his comm. account to his e-mail account in order to send/read messages.

You would just send money as you normally do for him. They transfer the money in the same way the do for their telephone account.

MM

sparky951
10-20-2011, 09:53 PM
ok thanks!

sage26
10-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Ok maybe I posted in the wrong forum, I am not new to the Prison System but to the Feds I am so here goes again and I hope I don't sound foolish but I did read it cost the inmate to send out emails? So, heres my question, are we able to post money to their account so that they may still sen and receive the emails???? Wow this is sooo crazy!
Noit dose not sound foolish, you have to send money on their books and then they take the money off their books and put it on the computer account, you cant do it they have to do it with in there, my husband is in the feds to. and yes it dose cost the inmates to send and read the emails. but it dose not cost us to send we just have to send them money to put on there. hope this helps if you have any more questions just emial me, my husband has been in the feds for a yr now so i can help some of what i know.

sparky951
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
thanks he did get at me and I was able to do it as he said and he got the it, but today whenever I get on the corrlinks it says something about the server not sure if that means its down or what? but i was able to get on by my phone, not sure why but I was able to email him before leaving for work. I am new to the FED thing not state though so all this emailing thing trips me out but I do like it! Thanks I might take you up on that as time goes on.

ClosetFreak
10-24-2011, 11:27 AM
I've been having problems with the corrlinks system since FRIDAY. :o( I don't know if my messages are getting through, but I haven't gotten anything at all. I know my guy is probably going nuts...

Poshie
03-10-2012, 05:51 PM
If you check your sent mail (inside your Corrlinks acct) it will show any messages that have been sent..it usually takes an hour or two for your LO to receive the message after you have sent it..maybe your LO is having trouble on their end..I would write a letter or wait for a call to see what's up..hoped that helped :-)

MiniMoose
03-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Poshie,

FYI...the post you replied to was from October 2011...I sure hope those issues were resolved :)