View Full Version : Central Valley MCCF

Pages : [1] 2

mitzika
04-17-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm trying to get directions to MCCF Central Valley in McFarland, CA - I'm supposed to pick up my son in 30 days from there and I only have the P.O. When he asks, they won't give him the street name. If anyone knows the name of the street it is on, or the physical address, I would appreciate knowing Thanks.

jdcjmc1
04-17-2005, 10:25 PM
you do not say where you are coming from but if you are coming form los angeles you take the 5n to hwy 99 an it is about 2 hours form los angeles. you will see the prison on the left hand side. as you drive up to it you can see the men outside. there wil be a sign that says mcfarland.
if you are coming form northern california take hwy 99 s you will pass delano or north kern state prison they are the same and then i belive it is like 5 miles past that you will hit mcfarland. again you will see thme on the yard. i tried locating the address but cannot. if i find i will let you know
good luck

jdcjmc1
04-17-2005, 10:37 PM
i believe this is the correct address it is very easy to find

mc farland corrctional facility
611 frontage rd
mc farland, ca 93250

jdcjmc1
04-17-2005, 10:53 PM
i think this is the correct address
mcfarland community correctional facility
120 taylor ave po box 637
mcfarland, ca 93250

kreepsgirl
04-18-2005, 09:53 AM
jdcjmc1 got it right the 5 to the 99! You cant miss the town or the prison.

dans_mom
05-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi, Does anyone know anything about Central Valley MCCF? My son was transferred there today. How soon will he be able to use a phone? How soon will we be able to visit? Thanks for your help!

sofiey
05-27-2005, 02:17 PM
he'll be on the phone first day ,but as visit i think you have to get another visiting form. good place to be i hear it's kick back

dans_mom
05-27-2005, 07:00 PM
he'll be on the phone first day ,but as visit i think you have to get another visiting form. good place to be i hear it's kick back
You were right! He has already called. We don't have to get another visitation form as NKSP will send over the one we have. They are trying to have the info faxed so that we can visit immediately. Everyone that we have spoken with at the facility has been very helpful.

16Diamonds
07-16-2006, 10:40 PM
my mans at Central Valley Mcfarland ccf. I was supposed to have heard from him on thursday and its now sunday and still no word....highly unlikely...he calls everytime he says he will...so i'm wonderng what the word is..

Gabbs2236
09-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm new to all this whole Correctional System.. so please excuse me if I sound a bit on the "dumb" side. My boyfriend got transfered from NKSP in Delano to Central Valley CCF in McPharlen, CA. Does anyone know the process there.? I mean, are they in a "reception" once they get there? When do I get a phone call? Is it different or the same as prison? How long till I receive a letter? Can they write or do they have to wait? My application was already accepted in Delano & I already visited him, but do I have to wait till I get a new application to see him? Hope there is someone out there that can help. I'm almost ready to give up on any hope....:o

Juansgirl
09-21-2006, 07:35 PM
my hubby is at Taft CCF, and as soon as he arrived there maybe like 1hr later he called me to tell me where he was at. on the visiting you need to reapply for visiting there, sucks i know.. i was also accepted at NKSP in delano but had to reapply there... they are a very small correctional facility that is ran by security guards or even the police from that town.. the processing of the visiting application is really fast there... it only takes like 2 weeks.. and the visiting is really cool NOT like delano trust me..i can wear tight pants but just not jeans, and stuff and get away with it... hope this helps

ranger11
09-22-2006, 07:17 PM
Just to help you find the info you need, the correct spelling of the city is McFarland, CA. Hope this helps you, unfortunately I have no other info except I think you have to re-apply to visit at a CCF, even if you were approved before.

Gabbs2236
09-22-2006, 10:25 PM
my hubby is at Taft CCF, and as soon as he arrived there maybe like 1hr later he called me to tell me where he was at. on the visiting you need to reapply for visiting there, sucks i know.. i was also accepted at NKSP in delano but had to reapply there... they are a very small correctional facility that is ran by security guards or even the police from that town.. the processing of the visiting application is really fast there... it only takes like 2 weeks.. and the visiting is really cool NOT like delano trust me..i can wear tight pants but just not jeans, and stuff and get away with it... hope this helps
Thank you Thank you soooo much! I have more ?????'s hope you don't mind. How are the contact visits? How long do you have to wait to go in? I'm glad you mentioned the whole attire.. You don't know what I went through there. I had these black sweat like pants & i had to change about 2 times cause they told me they were see through. Also, can you take pictures or anything besides one key & $30 in ones. How long is the visits? are they what they say "first in, first out". If I missed anything else.. Thanks again for your help

jdcjmc1
09-22-2006, 10:37 PM
BTW Mcfarland is only 12 miles away from Delano. it is on the right hand side of the freeway if you are going southbound on the 99. It is a private facility,

muchachona
09-23-2006, 01:34 PM
hey wackosmama...my man is also at central valley MCCF.. so did u already get ur visiting form?? i got approved there like in 2 days... it was quick!!! the visits there are about 5 1/2 hrs long... they usually get u in within 15- 20 mins...depending on who's working!! ive gone to visit there like 3 times and nobody has ever had to leave early cuz there were too many ppl... its one big room with tables n chairs n there's a lil outside patio... u can sit at da tables out there facing each other or just walk around, but u cant just stand there... u guys can hold hands the whole time n kiss here n there... u can take pictures, but i dont kno if theres a limit... hope this helps!!! anymore questions feel free to ask... :)

cadustin
09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
if its like adelanto, you can take 10 pictures with you and they only start getting strick if you get caught kissin. it is one of the private facilities in california... i wish my man was there cuz its only about 50 miles from me... right now i'm goin over 200 to see him.

muchachona
09-27-2006, 12:25 AM
i have to go over 200 too!!! :(

cadustin
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
only 1 1/2 months to go!!

Juansgirl
09-27-2006, 05:56 PM
your lucky i still have 8 months to go :( :o
only 1 1/2 months to go!!

cadustin
09-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Been there! I know one thing... take it by the week, it seems to go faster. If you go by days or months, it just seems to be forever away! If you visit, those weeks go by a lot faster!

Juansgirl
09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
well i hope so.. i do visit my hubby every single time there is visits im there.. sat and sunday and on holidays... but i still dont seem to see the time moving.... :<:<:<

cadustin
09-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, I spoke too soon! My husband just told me last night they screwed up on his release date, now it's August 2007! So I am now at 10 months 8 days! But like I said, I will take it week by week! I hope he can get transfered to McFarland or someplace closer!

muchachona
09-29-2006, 07:00 PM
i have 3 months to go!!! jan 2007

MP's MOM
10-09-2006, 12:40 AM
My son is there too. You have to get a new questionairre from your boyfriend for this facility. He can write within a few weeks, but he will need money, (a money order) to buy stamps, paper, envelopes, pens, etc. I can give you a phone number to call to that facility so you can find the answers to some of your questions.

sarahandmondo
10-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Does anyone have a loved one in Central Valley, McFarland? I haven't heard from mine in almost a week I'm just starting to get a little bit worried this isn't like him at all.

cadustin
10-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Don't worry too much... they have to get phone numbers approved before they can call. He should be calling soon though. Just so you know, if he just transfered from a state prison, you have to get approved all over again, so tell him to send a visiting questionaire.

sarahandmondo
10-20-2006, 08:22 PM
oops

sarahandmondo
10-20-2006, 08:26 PM
He has been there since August and he just tried calling me Sunday but I missed his call and he hasn't tried back since, which like I said isn't like him at all. I just can't help but be worried. Im sure he is probably locked down but I hate not knowing what is going on I guess Ill never get used to that.

cadustin
10-20-2006, 11:49 PM
You can call the prison to find out if they are in lockdown. My hubby has done that once or twice... I'm waiting for a call right now. :)

sarahandmondo
10-21-2006, 02:58 PM
thank you

cadustin
10-22-2006, 01:08 PM
has he called?

sarahandmondo
10-22-2006, 08:34 PM
nope still waiting I'm too nervous to call the prison because I don't want to hear that he isn't on lock down which would just mean he is in the hole. Hopefully he calls soon. Could he write me if he's on lock down because I haven't gotten a letter either?

16Diamonds
10-26-2006, 02:19 AM
theyre not on lockdown cause mine called me monday noght....but he can still write no matter what..

sarahandmondo
10-26-2006, 06:34 PM
I figured as much because it seemed like it's been a while. Not even his family has heard from him this must mean he got in trouble or something doesn't it?

cadustin
10-26-2006, 10:08 PM
call and ask to speak with the CC2. That is the head counselor. The one at desert view was super nice to me and let me know that my hubby was ok when he didn't write or call for a few days. Just let her/him know of your concern, and if they are as nice there, you should get some answers.

I figured as much because it seemed like it's been a while. Not even his family has heard from him this must mean he got in trouble or something doesn't it?

sarahandmondo
10-26-2006, 11:41 PM
I just got a letter from him today and it turns out he did get in a fight and he is in the hole. Really sucks because he was supposed to come home in January but not anymore. Thanks again for all the help.

16Diamonds
10-27-2006, 01:10 AM
i'm sorry to hear that...what yard is he on? because i got to visit my man this past sunday so they weren't on full lockdown. mine is in the B yard

sarahandmondo
10-27-2006, 08:05 PM
He was in A yard. It really sux I had just gotten approved to visit too now if I went we would only get one hour behind glass. He'll be in the hole for a month so I guess I have to wait til then.

cadustin
10-28-2006, 01:29 AM
did they give him a 115 for fighting? or did they just put him in the hole? if he didnt get a 115, he should not catch any more time.

sarahandmondo
10-28-2006, 02:59 PM
I think he said something about that I'm not sure he just told me a lot of possibilities like that the =y could transfer him and other things.

cadustin
10-28-2006, 10:29 PM
i guess you'll have to wait and see. if he gets a 115 and it is an F charge, he can put in for an emergency restoration of credits after he has been good for a month. he will then get his time back and come home in January.

sarahandmondo
10-31-2006, 12:20 AM
I guess I'll just have to hope for the best then.

cadustin
01-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Hi, my husband just transfered to Central Valley from Desert View. Just want to find out some information. He said it is actually worse there than at Desert View and he didn't think it could get much worse!

I'd appreciate any info!!

lvrgrl4him
01-25-2007, 04:51 PM
do they lockdown MCCF's? My bf is in Central valley MCCF in McFarland, CA. I haven't heard from him in a few days, not the norm at all for him. i am worried.

thank you for any help you can give, i am very new at this.

lvrgrl4him
01-27-2007, 03:29 AM
My boyfriend has been in Central Valley mccf since Dec. 23. He hates it there. He says he is starving. We had a huge problem with our mail. They accused me of putting meth on a stamp (complete bull@**t) it was a bogus test. They took away all of his mail and all of the pictures i sent him since August. They put him in the hole and put a block on my phone number. If that wasn't enough, they denied my visiting application and said I can't reapply for a year because i was a supposed "security risk". He gets out in June of this year, thank God. It's still torture knowing I'm not going to be able to talk to him or see him for 4 more months. Yea, that place is pretty bad. I'm sorry yours was sent there too. I hope you don't run into the same problems i did.

Take care,

laurie

cadustin
01-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Sorry! I guess I will have to be careful what I say to him. I actually wanted him to move there because it is soooo close to home so I can actually go see him, but all these things I am hearing are so bad! He told me about the food thing. I think I am going to send him a package with food.

cadustin
02-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Central Valley MCCF was on lockdown for hispanics on Sunday. I would call before going this weekend.

Carnival31
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi! My fiancee is being transfered in the morning from Avenal to McFarland. I understand I have to be re-approved for visiting. Can someone please fill me in on some things: visit times, phone calls (i set up the mci correctional account, do i need something new now?) and release info (my man is out the beg of june and I would love to know the pick up process).

Thanks so much!!

Also, if anyone carpools, im in orange county

marina
07-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi
I keep hearing there is a prison in Mcfarland and I was wondering what levels do they have and do they take SNY inmates at all???

ladyrush122208
05-05-2008, 01:59 AM
hEy LaDiEs, My MaN jUsT tRaNsFeReD tO cEnTrAl VaLlEy CcF....AnD i HaVe A fEw ?'s hOw LoNg AfTeR aRrIvInG cAn ThEy WrItE oR cAlL...Is ThErE lIkE a pRoCcEsSiNg PeRiOd Or SoMeThInG pLeAsE iF aNy Of YoU lAdIeS kNoW aNyThInG lEt Me KnOw ThAnX:):):D:D;):thumbsup:

ladyrush122208
05-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Man...my Fiance Just Transfered To Ccf Mcfarland On Fri And I'm Wondering Is Ther A Reception Period There Or Can They Write As Soon As They Get There? Thanx Ladies:)

mikesgurl
05-07-2008, 11:15 AM
They can write as soon as they get there. He should be able to call as well. My man has been there for a couple of weeks and has been burning up the phone line.

dmercado
05-12-2008, 10:01 PM
They can call right away, the phones there are from GTL Global Tel Link, their # is 1877-856-3184. I think you have to be set up to receive calls. They can use the phones Sun-Thurs till 10 PM (all day) and Fri-Sat till 1 AM.

My husband is there at Central Valley as well. Your man needs to talk to the staff sarg for the visting form and mail it to you, once you send it back to him it takes 1 week to get approved. There's some info for ya.

ladyrush121808
07-15-2008, 06:38 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LATE THEY CAN CALL FROM CENTRAL VALLEY MCCF IN McFARLAND......AND CAN THEY CALL LATE AT NIGHT ON THE WEEKEND....I'M WONDERING WHY MY FIANCE HASN'T CALLED I'M THINKING DID I SEND A MEAN LETTER :confused:CAUSE I SPOKE TO HIM YESTERDAY...MAYBE SOMETHING IN MY LETTER MADE HIM MAD AND HE CHOSE NOT TO CALL....CAUSE HE SHOULD'VE GOT A LETTER TODAY....I HATE HAVING TO WONDER IF EVERYTHINGS ALRIGHT WITH HIM:confused:...TO BAD WE CANT CALL AND TELL A C/O TO HAVE THEM CALL US...LOL WOULDNT THAT BE JUST HEAVENLY:)

mountain meadow
09-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Our son arrived there today and called us tonight. He said he can call between 6 a.m. and 11 p.m. every day of the week. If he got it right, there it is. :)

mountain meadow
09-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Do you know if the inmate receives all of the money that is sent? I heard rumors that prisons take part of money that is sent to inmates.

Our son arrived today at Central Valley MCCF and he called tonight. There is still so much we don't know!

Thank you!

mountain meadow
09-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Central Valley MCCF is also level 2.

mountain meadow
09-13-2008, 03:21 AM
Our son is at Central Valley MCCF in McFarland. I have been unable to find information on what can be sent to him. I did find a post here that said we can send 20 USPS envelopes or twenty envelopes and a book of stamps. I think that post also said that we can send ten photos at a time. But does anyone know if books can be sent?

He was in HDSP in Susanville for a short time and he was able to receive books there. No books at the CCF's? I read that they have libraries, but I also read in an old post that the library at CVMCCF is pretty small.

I may give them a call and see what I can find out. In that case, I will post what I find.

LuvandLaughsCA
09-13-2008, 01:28 PM
This thread if for all things Central Valley McFarland (MCCF)

bambam618
09-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Do you know if the inmate receives all of the money that is sent? I heard rumors that prisons take part of money that is sent to inmates.

Our son arrived today at Central Valley MCCF and he called tonight. There is still so much we don't know!

Thank you!

wooo hooo yay a thread just for central valley :yay: well how are you trying to send the money.. if it's money order i'm pretty sure they get all of it.. but then again i might be wrong.. my bf's parents just sent him a money order & i asked him if he got his money all he told me was that he got it.. but didn't let me know if he got the full amount.. but they should central valley isnt a regular prison..:D maybe it's better that you have your son ask just to make sure :thumbsup:

2008momof1
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
If restitution is owed it will be deducted from the money you send.
Maybe better to save and get a great package sent..
Access has been good and very easy.

bambam618
09-17-2008, 12:52 AM
If restitution is owed it will be deducted from the money you send.
Maybe better to save and get a great package sent..
Access has been good and very easy.

i have to agree.. they have almost everything that is needed... well pretty much anything that is sold at canteen..is in the access web site :thumbsup:

AM88
09-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Any information about Central Valley MCCF would be appreciated. I tried calling but they werenít very helpful. My son was transferred there from Wasco and I would like to send some books and magazines.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

2008momof1
09-20-2008, 05:34 PM
My Daughter in Law sends books to prisons on a non profit bookstore.
She has gotten a few books in but said it was one of the hardest to get into.
Good luck.
Id send one paperback see if it reaches them through Amazon.com
If that works send another.
They sure could use books as I too have heard reading material is limited.
Its also very noisy and reading is difficult if your not able to block out the many voices all trying to talk over each other.
Hope that helps.

P.S. verify the amount of pictures. I thought it was five.
Its terrible to send a package and have it returned for some reason or another.

bambam618
09-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I've Got A Question...
How Much Does It Cost To Purchase A Photo Ducet? I Know The Inmate Has To Buy It At Canteen But I Would Like To Know If Any Of You Ladies Know How Much It Is? Thanks In Advanced

2008momof1
09-29-2008, 05:10 PM
CCI it was $2.00 a docket.. (1) photo..
Hope that may help

bambam618
09-30-2008, 11:11 AM
thanks that does help.. hehe.. i thought it would be like $5.. :haha:

Tamitha
10-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Can anyone give me info about how full Central Valley is? This is why.....My BF is sitting at Wasco. His counselor said he was going to recommend a MCCF for him. He got transfered to A-yard (everyone I know goes there right before they mainline them). This was almost a month ago. One of my letters at this time was forwarded to Central Valley and then returned to me. He had pnemonia at the time. What I'm thinking is that they intended on sending him to Central Valley but then the phemonia, which is now cleared up. Now I'm thinking maybe they're just waiting for a bed to open? Any opinions?? I'm dying to talk to him, to visit him, anything!!!

bambam618
10-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Can anyone give me info about how full Central Valley is? This is why.....My BF is sitting at Wasco. His counselor said he was going to recommend a MCCF for him. He got transfered to A-yard (everyone I know goes there right before they mainline them). This was almost a month ago. One of my letters at this time was forwarded to Central Valley and then returned to me. He had pnemonia at the time. What I'm thinking is that they intended on sending him to Central Valley but then the phemonia, which is now cleared up. Now I'm thinking maybe they're just waiting for a bed to open? Any opinions?? I'm dying to talk to him, to visit him, anything!!!

most likely they are waiting for a bed to open up.. i'm not sure how full it is.. but if he's still waiting it's cause there hasn't been a bed thats open.. also once he's transferred you can't call to ask for his housing info you have to wait until he writes to you.. weird i know but it's for security measures... :blah: .. also there is other MCCF's was he told it was going to be Central Valley??!? cause my bf was at CCC then transferred to WASCO and was transferred right away to Central Valley :o..

Tamitha
10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
No, they told him it would be a MCCF. I figured it was probably Central Valley cause they forwarded one of my letters to him there. Won't he be able to call as soon as he is transfered. I thought they could as soon as they were mainlined? He called me 2 years ago when he got to Shafter CCF. He was able to call right away.

bambam618
10-06-2008, 11:36 PM
No, they told him it would be a MCCF. I figured it was probably Central Valley cause they forwarded one of my letters to him there. Won't he be able to call as soon as he is transfered. I thought they could as soon as they were mainlined? He called me 2 years ago when he got to Shafter CCF. He was able to call right away.

yes once he's transferred to central valley then he will be able to call right away.. they might have told him central valley but we never know with the CDCR they can they change their minds.. :mad: but once he's mainlined he'll be able to call.. :D

Tamitha
10-07-2008, 09:47 AM
This is the suckiest time of the whole thing!! Not yet approved for visits, don't know where or if he's going. The daily letters just aren't cuttin it. I miss him so damn much!!

bambam618
10-07-2008, 12:37 PM
This is the suckiest time of the whole thing!! Not yet approved for visits, don't know where or if he's going. The daily letters just aren't cuttin it. I miss him so damn much!!

yes i know what you mean it really sucks just having the letters.. :( it was like that for me.. for months!!..but it will get better :D you just have to be patient.. that's the only thing you got.. keeping yourself busy is the best.. :D in a matter of no time you'll get a call or a letter.. he's still in reception right?

Tamitha
10-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Yes. He's in A5 in a cell by himself right now. He's never spent this much time in a cell. He is usually in a dorm. At first he was really going crazy but he sounds a little better. I just miss him. And I know I won't get a letter today. I never do on Tuesdays. :(

bambam618
10-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Yes. He's in A5 in a cell by himself right now. He's never spent this much time in a cell. He is usually in a dorm. At first he was really going crazy but he sounds a little better. I just miss him. And I know I won't get a letter today. I never do on Tuesdays. :(

at wasco right? yeah i know what you mean.. my bf was going crazy when he was in delano's reception cause he was in dorm living on his first bid :( but once he's got a program going it will be better.. my bf had a work out, read, day room (if able to) chat with the inmates he knew in there... or yard.. being mainlined tends to be the hardest! but once they are mainlined it's better.. :o hopefully soon you get word :o

bambam618
10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
im wondering can money be sent through jpay to central valley.. :confused: or does it have to be though money orders only... :thumbsup: thanks!!...

AM88
10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I can tell you Jpay doesn't work for sending money to Central Valley MCCF. I used Jpay when my son was in Wasco and it was very convenient, when he was transferred to CVMCCF I was disappointed to learn I couldn't use Jpay anymore.

2008momof1
10-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Circle K Money Order.. just buy and put name and cdc number.. mail takes a few days...
They will take out restitution if it is owed. In that case a nice pkg would do.. Or music.

bambam618
10-12-2008, 02:40 PM
thanks ladies.. well his parents sent him a money order but i was wondering if it was possible to use jpay so that they wont take money away cause i'm sure he has to pay the restitution :( but thanks.. he does ask for packages which is better like that he wont be getting his money taken away.. :thumbsup: thanks for the help

CHRISLOVEDONE
10-31-2008, 12:42 AM
well hello everyone am new to this and my man just got over there and i plan on seein him soon so any that live in sac pm..... thanks

bambam618
10-31-2008, 12:55 AM
well hello everyone am new to this and my man just got over there and i plan on seein him soon so any that live in sac pm..... thanks

WELCOME TO CENTRAL VALLEY :o ANY INFO YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW JUST PM ME.. :o I CAN POBABLY GIVE YOU THE BASICS.. I DONT LIKE IN SAC BUT MY BF'S IN CENTRAL VALLEY...:)

RamTer7
11-18-2008, 06:49 PM
can anyone help me getting a address to central valley mccf... i really wanted to write to my friend (guy) who is in there, but i cant seem to get the address!!!!
help

bambam618
11-18-2008, 11:39 PM
can anyone help me getting a address to central valley mccf... i really wanted to write to my friend (guy) who is in there, but i cant seem to get the address!!!!
help

if you called the prison they wont give it to you because of "security measures" so you just have to wait until he writes to you.. :( i had to wait in order to get his housing info.. hope you get something soon :)

AM88
11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
help

CENTRAL VALLEY MCCF
245 TAYLOR AVE
McFarland, CA 93250

This is the address to use if he is in Central Valley, all you need to have is his CDC# and the mail will get to him. When you call the prison they won't give you housing information but they will confirm if he is in there or not.

RamTer7
11-21-2008, 03:28 PM
CENTRAL VALLEY MCCF
245 TAYLOR AVE
McFarland, CA 93250

This is the address to use if he is in Central Valley, all you need to have is his CDC# and the mail will get to him. When you call the prison they won't give you housing information but they will confirm if he is in there or not.

Well thank you....i had gotten a po box but i send him two letters and he hasnt received them? and i havent gotten them back:blah:.... i have his cdc#:D

CHRISLOVEDONE
11-25-2008, 12:57 PM
i am so happy my man gets out in 33 more days :)

bambam618
11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
i am so happy my man gets out in 33 more days :)

wow!! Your lucky.. I still have to wait like a year & some months :)

CHRISLOVEDONE
12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
i now have like 24 days so happy

bambam618
12-05-2008, 11:33 PM
wooo hooo i get to go visit next weekend!! :yay: hell yeah!!! i'm so happy :haha:

stephsteph
12-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Hello!!! i called CV MCCF 5 times but nobody ever picks up the phone. I have never been to CV MCCF but i want to visit my bf there. My visitation form has already been approved. Does anyone know how i can go about visiting him? Do i need to call the facility to set an appointment date? Or can we do a walk-in and just show up? When can we visit, only weekends? Also, what are the visiting hours? How long do we get to visit? Will it be a contact visit or non-contact visit? Is there anything i need to bring besides my ID? i tried searching for their official website but can't seem to find one. i guess they don't have one? Do they charge for public parking? If so, how much? OH, do they search your vehicle also? Last question, do they have a marriage sevice there? My bf and i are considering marriage so i can stay overnight and spend more time together. He asked one of the workers and they told him CV MCCF do not provide that service. So, i just wanted to make sure with you guys cause i hear the workers are pretty fucked up there so they could be BSing him. Sorry for so many questions but thanx a bunch.:)

bambam618
12-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Hello!!! i called CV MCCF 5 times but nobody ever picks up the phone. I have never been to CV MCCF but i want to visit my bf there. My visitation form has already been approved. Does anyone know how i can go about visiting him? Do i need to call the facility to set an appointment date? Or can we do a walk-in and just show up? When can we visit, only weekends? Also, what are the visiting hours? How long do we get to visit? Will it be a contact visit or non-contact visit? Is there anything i need to bring besides my ID? i tried searching for their official website but can't seem to find one. i guess they don't have one? Do they charge for public parking? If so, how much? OH, do they search your vehicle also? Last question, do they have a marriage sevice there? My bf and i are considering marriage so i can stay overnight and spend more time together. He asked one of the workers and they told him CV MCCF do not provide that service. So, i just wanted to make sure with you guys cause i hear the workers are pretty fucked up there so they could be BSing him. Sorry for so many questions but thanx a bunch.:)

hello & welcome to the CVMCCF :).. anyways!!! to answer your questions.. :) just to make sure you have the right number it's
661-792-3492.. but hopefully i can answer your questions :p..well visiting is like at any other prison.. you only get weekends and the holidays like xmas day and new years day..etc. you can just show up.. no need for appointments.. they are laid back and if you get there like 9am they will let you in.. you can go from 9am until 3pm.. but after 10:30am you wont be able to go in cause of count time..until like around 11 or 11:30am.. so it's best you get there before.. :) and like that you can spend the whole time with your bf... :) they are contact visits.. :) which is GREAT!!! :p you can bring money.. besides your i.d. :) i think the amount changed so you might be able to take up to $50.. but i'd stay safe and go $30.. :) you don't need to pay for parking.. the reason why you couldn't find a website on it.. is because the prison is "private" it's contracted by the department.. inmates that go to MCCF's are level 2 inmates and have from 18 months or less to their sentence.. they don't search your car.. just you..:haha: i don't think they have the marriage service..sorry :( even if the officers are A holes.. they can't lie to the inmates.. you can't wear blue,tan, or white t-shirts, also no hoodies.. and no low cut shirts :).. if you've got any other questions just ask :) i was just there last weekend & right now they have xmas tree's up in the visiting room :)

stephsteph
12-22-2008, 05:05 PM
hello & welcome to the CVMCCF :).. anyways!!! to answer your questions.. :) just to make sure you have the right number it's
661-792-3492.. but hopefully i can answer your questions :p..well visiting is like at any other prison.. you only get weekends and the holidays like xmas day and new years day..etc. you can just show up.. no need for appointments.. they are laid back and if you get there like 9am they will let you in.. you can go from 9am until 3pm.. but after 10:30am you wont be able to go in cause of count time..until like around 11 or 11:30am.. so it's best you get there before.. :) and like that you can spend the whole time with your bf... :) they are contact visits.. :) which is GREAT!!! :p you can bring money.. besides your i.d. :) i think the amount changed so you might be able to take up to $50.. but i'd stay safe and go $30.. :) you don't need to pay for parking.. the reason why you couldn't find a website on it.. is because the prison is "private" it's contracted by the department.. inmates that go to MCCF's are level 2 inmates and have from 18 months or less to their sentence.. they don't search your car.. just you..:haha: i don't think they have the marriage service..sorry :( even if the officers are A holes.. they can't lie to the inmates.. you can't wear blue,tan, or white t-shirts, also no hoodies.. and no low cut shirts :).. if you've got any other questions just ask :) i was just there last weekend & right now they have xmas tree's up in the visiting room :)

Hi and thank u so much for answerin my MANY questions. I appreciate it very much. It helped, a lot!! Are u ready for MORE questions? :Dhaha. Oh, i have the same number so i guess they were busy when i called. Contact visits sound awesome.:) Can we hold hands/hug/KISS/etc. throughout the whole visit or only at the beginning and end? How often can we go visit, as much as we want? Do we actually get to stay until 3pm or has people gotten kicked out before that? Does it usually get packed on weekends? I heard if it gets too packed, they start kickin people out like 'first to come, first to leave,' is that true? I would LOVE to visit during Christmas and New Years. Have u ever visited during holidays? Does it get CRAZY PACKED there during holidays?? Also, are there malls or shopping centers by the facility? (It's a pretty far drive to go alone so im thinkin of bringin a couple of friends so i can drop them off at the mall while i get my visit then pick them back up afterwards). Do you know what hotels are close by in case i decide to stay over so i can visit both sat & sun. Oh yea, how are the visiting rooms? HUGE? How many are there? Do they have an outdoor one or will we all be caged in? Are makeup, cell phones & chapsticks allowed? Do they have a photo service there? i want to get a picture with my bf. :Dhaha. If so, how much are they? One last thing, do they usually get released early or they have to serve their full sentence? Thanx sooo much again!! You're awesome!:thumbsup:

bambam618
12-22-2008, 06:12 PM
haha your welcome =] dont worry about how many questions.. i know how you feel =]..i was filled with questions too.. you can hug & kiss at the start & end of the visit...you can hold hands but they have to be over the table.. you can go visit every weekend if you want :) actually i haven't seen anyone get kicked out cause it's full they just bring more chairs..hahaha.. it's an ok sized room.. but they do have an outside area with two benches...& it's pretty ok.. you can also go walking there so it's cool..depends on the weekend.. last weekend that i went it was pretty packed.. but i've gone sometimes & it wasn't so it just depends.. i haven't gone to visit on the holidays but im hopeing to go these holidays :) i hope it's not crazy packed but if it is i wouldn't care as long as i see him :rolleyes:..actually where the facilities are at it's pretty much a little town.. doesn't have much to offer.. i haven't seen malls or things like that.. there is a McDonalds.. & a park around the corner.. there are hotels in the near cities like delano or bakersfield.. it's 2 hours away from where i live so i dont go to hotels.. =[ so you might wanna check on places in either city. :)..there is one visiting room...for the whole facility...you can wear make up..but you can't take in with you... no cell phones.. no chapsticks.. sorry.. i heard they do have a photo service.. but it's rare that the officers take pictures.. your man has to get a photo ducket & maybe the day of your visit the officer will take your pic.. but i'm not sure how that works.. i heard the duckets are like $2.. but he has to ask.. & if your man is 80% termer he can't get released early.. the guys that are there are just finishing up there time.. when your man was classified he was given an early release date & his max release date..so only he can answer that.. you can't call and ask these things because the prison wont give you the information.. :mad: hope it helps.. :)

Hi and thank u so much for answerin my MANY questions. I appreciate it very much. It helped, a lot!! Are u ready for MORE questions? :Dhaha. Oh, i have the same number so i guess they were busy when i called. Contact visits sound awesome.:) Can we hold hands/hug/KISS/etc. throughout the whole visit or only at the beginning and end? How often can we go visit, as much as we want? Do we actually get to stay until 3pm or has people gotten kicked out before that? Does it usually get packed on weekends? I heard if it gets too packed, they start kickin people out like 'first to come, first to leave,' is that true? I would LOVE to visit during Christmas and New Years. Have u ever visited during holidays? Does it get CRAZY PACKED there during holidays?? Also, are there malls or shopping centers by the facility? (It's a pretty far drive to go alone so im thinkin of bringin a couple of friends so i can drop them off at the mall while i get my visit then pick them back up afterwards). Do you know what hotels are close by in case i decide to stay over so i can visit both sat & sun. Oh yea, how are the visiting rooms? HUGE? How many are there? Do they have an outdoor one or will we all be caged in? Are makeup, cell phones & chapsticks allowed? Do they have a photo service there? i want to get a picture with my bf. :Dhaha. If so, how much are they? One last thing, do they usually get released early or they have to serve their full sentence? Thanx sooo much again!! You're awesome!:thumbsup:

stephsteph
12-23-2008, 01:12 AM
haha your welcome =] dont worry about how many questions.. i know how you feel =]..i was filled with questions too.. you can hug & kiss at the start & end of the visit...you can hold hands but they have to be over the table.. you can go visit every weekend if you want :) actually i haven't seen anyone get kicked out cause it's full they just bring more chairs..hahaha.. it's an ok sized room.. but they do have an outside area with two benches...& it's pretty ok.. you can also go walking there so it's cool..depends on the weekend.. last weekend that i went it was pretty packed.. but i've gone sometimes & it wasn't so it just depends.. i haven't gone to visit on the holidays but im hopeing to go these holidays :) i hope it's not crazy packed but if it is i wouldn't care as long as i see him :rolleyes:..actually where the facilities are at it's pretty much a little town.. doesn't have much to offer.. i haven't seen malls or things like that.. there is a McDonalds.. & a park around the corner.. there are hotels in the near cities like delano or bakersfield.. it's 2 hours away from where i live so i dont go to hotels.. =[ so you might wanna check on places in either city. :)..there is one visiting room...for the whole facility...you can wear make up..but you can't take in with you... no cell phones.. no chapsticks.. sorry.. i heard they do have a photo service.. but it's rare that the officers take pictures.. your man has to get a photo ducket & maybe the day of your visit the officer will take your pic.. but i'm not sure how that works.. i heard the duckets are like $2.. but he has to ask.. & if your man is 80% termer he can't get released early.. the guys that are there are just finishing up there time.. when your man was classified he was given an early release date & his max release date..so only he can answer that.. you can't call and ask these things because the prison wont give you the information.. :mad: hope it helps.. :)
Oh, i see.. Well, thank u sooooo much for all ur help! :) But about the "photo ducket" thing, he'd have to purchase that prior to the visit or can eveything just be done that same day of the visit? If you're unsure, it's fine. You've already answered a grip of my questions.. HAHA k, thanx again. Have a great Christmas!:)

bambam618
12-23-2008, 01:49 AM
oh, i see.. Well, thank u sooooo much for all ur help! :) but about the "photo ducket" thing, he'd have to purchase that prior to the visit or can eveything just be done that same day of the visit? If you're unsure, it's fine. You've already answered a grip of my questions.. Haha k, thanx again. Have a great christmas!:)

if you get a laid back officer.(which is hard)...maybe you can tell him/her to take the picture & that once your bf gets a chance or money he'll pay it.. But usually it has to be purchased before the visit.. :d im glad i could help.. Maybe one day i'll see you up there :d...where do you live at??? Have a great christmas

stephsteph
12-24-2008, 07:29 PM
if you get a laid back officer.(which is hard)...maybe you can tell him/her to take the picture & that once your bf gets a chance or money he'll pay it.. But usually it has to be purchased before the visit.. :d im glad i could help.. Maybe one day i'll see you up there :d...where do you live at??? Have a great christmas

Hello! At the moment, im stayin in OC with my aunt and uncle. I'm unsure for how long but i only have internet access here.:( So in case i leave outta the blues, i just wanna say thanx again for helping me out.:) If it weren't for u, i'd still be freakin clueless:confused: right now. hahah. So where do u stay at? If u don't mind me askin, how much longer does ur bf need to serve? Is CV MCCF gonna be his permenant spot until he gets released? Im so glad my bf's closer now, he was at susanville which is FARRR!! So im hoping he's gonna stay there till he gets released or transfer to a closer facility so WE can save time and gas u feel me? :Dhaha. Are u visiting on christmas day??? Well, Happy Holidays! Take care and be safe!

bambam618
12-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Hello! At the moment, im stayin in OC with my aunt and uncle. I'm unsure for how long but i only have internet access here.:( So in case i leave outta the blues, i just wanna say thanx again for helping me out.:) If it weren't for u, i'd still be freakin clueless:confused: right now. hahah. So where do u stay at? If u don't mind me askin, how much longer does ur bf need to serve? Is CV MCCF gonna be his permenant spot until he gets released? Im so glad my bf's closer now, he was at susanville which is FARRR!! So im hoping he's gonna stay there till he gets released or transfer to a closer facility so WE can save time and gas u feel me? :Dhaha. Are u visiting on christmas day??? Well, Happy Holidays! Take care and be safe!

hello!.. oh wow the OC... yeah it's like an 1 1/2 away from me with out traffic ;)..oh ok.. well your very welcome.. i know i was freaking clueless too when he was transferred.. but i found a very helpful lady on here & i'm just passing on the help :) & what i've learned since august that he's been at CVMCCF.. i stay in the san fernando valley.. panormama city to be exact...yes hopefully it is his permanant spot.. we never know if the situation might change.. due to something that's out of his hands.. but as of now it's his "home" he's got about 12-11 months to go.. don't know the exact date cause he doesn't want to tell me.. he wants to suprise me & his mom :rolleyes: he's so sweet..wow!! my bf was also in susanville!!! he was at CCC..where was your bf at?? i know what you mean susanville was 9 hours away from me..i could only imagine how far it was for you..sadly to say but i wont be visiting..well today cause it's 12:14am... i'd love to go but his parents are in vegas & well i just found out a few hours ago that my grandpa passed away..so i want to me near my mom.. thanks for the wishes.. & i hope you have some great holidays & you be safe too :)

stephsteph
12-27-2008, 08:02 PM
hello!.. oh wow the OC... yeah it's like an 1 1/2 away from me with out traffic ;)..oh ok.. well your very welcome.. i know i was freaking clueless too when he was transferred.. but i found a very helpful lady on here & i'm just passing on the help :) & what i've learned since august that he's been at CVMCCF.. i stay in the san fernando valley.. panormama city to be exact...yes hopefully it is his permanant spot.. we never know if the situation might change.. due to something that's out of his hands.. but as of now it's his "home" he's got about 12-11 months to go.. don't know the exact date cause he doesn't want to tell me.. he wants to suprise me & his mom :rolleyes: he's so sweet..wow!! my bf was also in susanville!!! he was at CCC..where was your bf at?? i know what you mean susanville was 9 hours away from me..i could only imagine how far it was for you..sadly to say but i wont be visiting..well today cause it's 12:14am... i'd love to go but his parents are in vegas & well i just found out a few hours ago that my grandpa passed away..so i want to me near my mom.. thanks for the wishes.. & i hope you have some great holidays & you be safe too :)

Aww, how cute! he wants to surprise u..:) haha. Mine was also at C.C.C.!! What a coincidence?!:D haha. and before Susanville, he was at Delano (North Kern).. Reception there took FOREVERRRR, poor guy was goin crazy..:( couldn't get no visits, fone calls, or packages. Whack!:angry: but anyways, hes doin okay now so im happy.:) Aww, im sorry to hear about your grandpa tho. That really sucks!!:( 2 of my uncles passed in tha same week not long ago so i know how u and ur family must feel!!:( It's gonna be difficult but life goes on. Just smile and live ur life, im sure he wouldn't wanna see u guys sad and crying. Well, back to questions.. His dad wants to put money into his books.. how do we do that??

bambam618
12-28-2008, 03:30 AM
Aww, how cute! he wants to surprise u..:) haha. Mine was also at C.C.C.!! What a coincidence?!:D haha. and before Susanville, he was at Delano (North Kern).. Reception there took FOREVERRRR, poor guy was goin crazy..:( couldn't get no visits, fone calls, or packages. Whack!:angry: but anyways, hes doin okay now so im happy.:) Aww, im sorry to hear about your grandpa tho. That really sucks!!:( 2 of my uncles passed in tha same week not long ago so i know how u and ur family must feel!!:( It's gonna be difficult but life goes on. Just smile and live ur life, im sure he wouldn't wanna see u guys sad and crying. Well, back to questions.. His dad wants to put money into his books.. how do we do that??

yup that's my bf.. always wanting to suprise me :)..oh mine was at delano too.. yesss reception took forever! he actually liked it in CCC cause of the meals.. lol.. they are bigger then the ones in CVMCCF... but he's dealing with it because it's closer for us to visit..better then 9hrs!! thanks.. it was a shock! & well it's true life goes on & im being strong for my mom & my aunt.. so i'm trying..it's not easy for them since they are so far away.. he has to send in a money order.. i don't think that any of the sites have CVMCCF listed.. so it's better he sends a money order..has to have his full name,cdc #...& housing :) hope it helps

stephsteph
12-28-2008, 10:49 PM
yup that's my bf.. always wanting to suprise me :)..oh mine was at delano too.. yesss reception took forever! he actually liked it in CCC cause of the meals.. lol.. they are bigger then the ones in CVMCCF... but he's dealing with it because it's closer for us to visit..better then 9hrs!! thanks.. it was a shock! & well it's true life goes on & im being strong for my mom & my aunt.. so i'm trying..it's not easy for them since they are so far away.. he has to send in a money order.. i don't think that any of the sites have CVMCCF listed.. so it's better he sends a money order..has to have his full name,cdc #...& housing :) hope it helps

Oh yea, they did have larger portions at Delano.. He said they served good food there also.. i was like, Dam, thats koo! He was eatin better than i was n im out here.. haha :D.. But yea, my bf says the portions here are small.. how do they expect grown men to get full off bitchass portions right?! n also, they usually run out so if theyre part of the last group, they dont get all their food that theyre SUPPOSED to get. SAD!!:( I hear they serve beans n dry cornbread EVERYDAY!!! thats horrible! they should change shit up cuz it gets gross eating the same shit everyday.. Anyways, Is there a specific kind of money order?? or just any type we get from the liquor store, post office, etc.? Is there limit to how much $$ we give him?? What address do we send it to? If he owes restitution, are they gonna deduct it from the money order? If so, how much? (i heard 50%) Also, do u know how long it'll take the workers to process the money order before he gets to spend it? Thanks!

bambam618
12-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Oh yea, they did have larger portions at Delano.. He said they served good food there also.. i was like, Dam, thats koo! He was eatin better than i was n im out here.. haha :D.. But yea, my bf says the portions here are small.. how do they expect grown men to get full off bitchass portions right?! n also, they usually run out so if theyre part of the last group, they dont get all their food that theyre SUPPOSED to get. SAD!!:( I hear they serve beans n dry cornbread EVERYDAY!!! thats horrible! they should change shit up cuz it gets gross eating the same shit everyday.. Anyways, Is there a specific kind of money order?? or just any type we get from the liquor store, post office, etc.? Is there limit to how much $$ we give him?? What address do we send it to? If he owes restitution, are they gonna deduct it from the money order? If so, how much? (i heard 50%) Also, do u know how long it'll take the workers to process the money order before he gets to spend it? Thanks!

hahah i don't really know about delano's food.. we didn't really write about it..haha.. bu i have to agree how do they expect them not to get all angry if they are feeding them shit ass food.. hahaha it's funny you mention the beans.. my bf likes them.. & he doesn't eat beans out here.. hahaha.. i know i get tierd of eating the same thing twice...imagine the guys in there.. :( it's better if the money order is from the post office or moneygram.. my bf's parents get it from the post office.. & you can just send it in the same envelope with a letter.. & the officer's will take it out when they go through the mail..my bf told me they don't take anything out cause it's not a "regular" state prison they are just contracted so they don't have the right.. so he probably wont get anything taken off.. :) it usually takes a couple days after getting the money order that they can use it.. :)& mail gets to my bf...like in 3 days:)

mexirican70
01-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Someone I once cared about is in CVMCCF:(, I have his CDC # and wrote him a letter, but this is my first experience with anyone in the correctional system. How long does it take for them to get mail? How do I get to visit? How do I send him $ or other items? Is there a list of rules and stuff that I can obtain? I apologize for bothering you, but I'm really lost here and I didn't know where to turn.:o

bambam618
01-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Someone I once cared about is in CVMCCF:(, I have his CDC # and wrote him a letter, but this is my first experience with anyone in the correctional system. How long does it take for them to get mail? How do I get to visit? How do I send him $ or other items? Is there a list of rules and stuff that I can obtain? I apologize for bothering you, but I'm really lost here and I didn't know where to turn.:o

hey!!! welcome :D i know how you feel about being lost.. i was the same way! :D if you wrote him a letter & sent it to the physical address.. then he should get it like 3-4 days after you put it in the mail... :o mail is kinda fast there.. :) i know if i send a letter to my bf.. on monday he's getting it by thursday or friday.. once your friend writes back you'll have his housing info & once you have that it'll be much better :) also ask him to send you a visiting form..& it has to be signed by him before he sends it to you..once you fill it out & sign just put it in the same envelope as your letter & in the mail room the officers will take it out & give it to the visiting room.. in about a week or so you can call & ask if your applications been approved :)..you can send money by money orders.. but you have to have his housing info.. packages can be sent through the departments approved vendors.. my bf's parents use www.californiaqp.com (http://www.californiaqp.com) they have everything!!As far as items you can take while visiting... you can have (i think, not sure) up to $50 in singles or quarters.. you can only take in the key to your car.. & 10 pics.. u can have jewlery on.. they are pretty laid back.. umm no hoodies, tans, plain white tee's (it can have writting on it) jeans or any shade of blue... when it's hot you can take flip flops but i'd be safe & go with sneakers. cause you never know the mood of the officer checking you in.. :rolleyes:..ummm anything else just ask away.. i will try to help you out as much as i can.. i'm still learning since my bf's been at CVMCCF since the ending of july :)

mexirican70
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
OMG! You are such a sweetheart to take the time to tell me all this stuff. :thumbsup: I feel so dumb, but I truly have no idea what I'm doing! I didn't even think to ask about jewelry, or the fact that I can't take my purse,that is really good to know. So I'm guessin no cell phones either.... I read someone's post that if you get there early you can see them from like 9 to 3, have you ever done that long of a visit? Can we buy something for lunch there oh and are we allowed to buy them food for lunch? You mentioned plain white T's, can they be colored and can they be fitted or do they have to be like men's loose fitting shirts? Oh I know, my sister said our bras can't have underwire, is that true?:eek: Gosh this is so awful! :blah: But I really want to thank you for your help:thumbsup:

bambam618
01-04-2009, 08:56 PM
OMG! You are such a sweetheart to take the time to tell me all this stuff. :thumbsup: I feel so dumb, but I truly have no idea what I'm doing! I didn't even think to ask about jewelry, or the fact that I can't take my purse,that is really good to know. So I'm guessin no cell phones either.... I read someone's post that if you get there early you can see them from like 9 to 3, have you ever done that long of a visit? Can we buy something for lunch there oh and are we allowed to buy them food for lunch? You mentioned plain white T's, can they be colored and can they be fitted or do they have to be like men's loose fitting shirts? Oh I know, my sister said our bras can't have underwire, is that true?:eek: Gosh this is so awful! :blah: But I really want to thank you for your help:thumbsup:

oh no problem.. don't feel dumb.. we aren't trained for these situations :) we just gotta learn from it... yup your right no cell phones.. yes you can visit that long.. i actually do that everytime i visit.. cause i don't go every weekend like i'd like to so i gotta take the chance to visit the whole time :).. with the money your allowed to have.. you can buy yourself & your friend food.. ( it's no restaurant but it'll do :)) ..the shirts can be fitted but as long as there is not alot of boobies showing then your good.. :thumbsup: yeah they have to be printed.. but i always go with regular guy shirts.. i rather be safe then be turned back :)..yup no wire in the bras.. anything else just ask :)

mexirican70
02-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone know what I can and can not send in the mail to my boyfriend? :confused:Like books of stamps and envelopes or those stamped envelopes from the post office? Oh and those legal pads of paper...do I HAVE to use those package companies?

Anyone out here from Ventura County? I'm so new to all of this and I could REALLY use someone to talk with.:o My friends and family don't really get why "someone with my brains and looks would even waste my time with someone in jail" Can you beleive someone actually said that to me? :eek: My boyfriend is VERY well known in our area, and admittedly made some stupid choices when he was young and dumb. Things are different now, he really has positive outlook, a goal, he's focused. :thumbsup: But his reputation will always supersede him...you know? I get tired of explaining myself over and over again...so I just pretty much cut myself off from the rest of the world...aside from work. Anyone want to chit chat, let me know....Thanks

Darkangel29
02-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey, well very cute story u posted on the other post. I totally understand what u mean when people find out that ur bf is prison. Dont let them get to u, if u love him and makes u happy im sure its going to be worth the wait. Well as to sending him all of those stuff I am not completly sure if u should just send it like on ur own. All i really send him are stamps..sorry im not much help. Well take care and best of luck to u and him. :)

mexirican70
02-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Anyone know if something's up at Central Valley? I ALWAYS get called on Saturday @ 5pm and it's almost 5:30 :( I know.... I'm a worry wort!

bambam618
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Anyone know if something's up at Central Valley? I ALWAYS get called on Saturday @ 5pm and it's almost 5:30 :( I know.... I'm a worry wort!

hey girl ... welcome :) .. well the guy that has my heart.. is at central valley & has been there for a few months now.. i read your post & if you got any questions you can ask me.. :) .. as to calls i have an understanding that they just got off lockdown friday.. so all the other guys might be taking up the phone time.. :rolleyes: these guys.. as to your prior questions.. all you can them with the letters is stamps..the envelope & paper is through a package or at the "tiendita" like i call it.. :D if you ever need someone to chat with.. hit me up.. :) i can completly understand what your family & friends have said..i was told something similar but i just said F**K THEM!.. i know whats true to me & it's not like i can tell my heart to feel otherwise.. so you've got a friend here :).. once agian anything you wanna know let me know..

mamabear44
04-16-2009, 03:49 PM
does anyone know the guidelines for visiting at central valley?

mamabear44
04-16-2009, 03:52 PM
sorry, I should also add that I have a newborn.

*A*
12-07-2009, 01:29 AM
does anyone know whats going on at central valley, cause my hubby has not called me since monday its been a week, and he never does that? i wonder if they are on lock down.

jgarcia65
12-10-2009, 12:57 AM
My Husband Is in Delano reception and is about to be transfered to Central Valley community correction In McFarland Cailfornia I can not seem to fine a website to get any information about general information (mail,Packages,visiting,phone calls) Please help me.

MRS ALDER
12-10-2009, 02:01 AM
Try looking in the US REGIONAL FORUM - California. you might find something there!

patchouli
12-10-2009, 07:04 AM
Hello & welcome to PTO! Here is a link to theCDCR website:

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Visitors/Facilities/Community_Correctional_Facilities.html

Best wishes to you & yours......................:)

Cubana
12-10-2009, 01:16 PM
My Husband Is in Delano reception and is about to be transfered to Central Valley community correction In McFarland Cailfornia I can not seem to fine a website to get any information about general information (mail,Packages,visiting,phone calls) Please help me.

Here is a small thread about them.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441569

There isn't much info but most of the CCF's are the same. Here is the phsycal address and phone # you can call them and they can give you the mailing address.

CENTRAL VALLEY MODIFIED COMMUNITY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
254 Taylor Avenue
McFarland, California 93250
United States
Phone: 661-792-3492

For the most part mail and packages are the same rules. For visiting he will have to send you anothr form, the good thing is that you will be approved in 1 week.

Cubana
12-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Here is a small thread about them.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=441569

There isn't much info but most of the CCF's are the same. Here is the phsycal address and phone # you can call them and they can give you the mailing address.

254 Taylor Avenue
United States

For the most part mail and packages are the same rules. For visiting he will have to send you anothr form, the good thing is that you will be approved in 1 week.

Why was this thread combined with McFarland CCF????

McFarland CCF is no longer open and her question was about Central Valley MCCF. Which is still open.

There are 3 facilities in the ""city"" of McFarland.

*A*
12-13-2009, 04:57 PM
central valley is still opened!!! why wouldnt it if there is still inmates in there..

Cubana
12-13-2009, 10:16 PM
central valley is still opened!!! why wouldnt it if there is still inmates in there..

McFarland ccf is closed. Not Central Valley.

itsme99
12-30-2009, 04:25 AM
The phone company MCCF-CV uses is Global tel, (my man has been in MCCF-CV for 6 months he gets out in 20 days!!!! i wasnt able to set up an account with them for my cell phone but if u have a home phone you should be fine)

The Mailing address for there is.....
p.o. box 458
mccf-cv-
McFarland ca 93250

I hope that helps a little. i know it was very hard for me to find any info on this place

negroswife
01-23-2010, 04:15 AM
Hello ladies.. My hubby just got transferred to Central Valley today he gets out in exactly 6 days :D. Does anyone know the release process there? Do i have to be there by a certain hour? I'd really appreciate any help.. Thanks Ladies :thumbsup:

sidewalker
01-24-2010, 08:12 AM
gosh, I dont know the info your seeking but just wanted to say congrats!
woooooooo hoooooo!!
:)

cesars#1fan
01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
hi my man is in mccf and i want to go see him this weekend and i have no idea how to get there from OC. and is there anything around there? my friends are driving up with me since i dont wanna drive far alone, but while im visiting they need something to do. and also ive never visted anyone in prison before what should i wear? and is it ok to wear clip in hair extensions??? or will they set off a metal dector sor something?

ms.liz
01-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Central Valley is kinda in the middle of no whr! Theres a KMart in Delano, five miles from CVMCCF. Thats it. I wouldnt recommend u bring anyone with u... Its really not that bad drivin' by urself!!! My man has been at CV for 4 months now and i drive four hours ever Sunday jus to c him (We are from San Jose,Ca). What time u plan on going? Id suggest u get there early so u can stay longer, visiting hours are from 9-3p. You can stay upto six hours if it doesnt get crowded... So how long does ur man have??? Message me of u wanna talk or have any Q's about CVMCCF! I can answer jus about any Q's u may have. (; 0ch0'Lady!

ms.liz
01-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Hey Cesars#1fan! I think you'll be okay with the clip-ons. I dont have extension, but i seen chics with! oh but make sure u dont wear 2 inch heels... Anything less than that is okay. The Mexican chic in the front is a real "B"!!!! LOL No hooded sweaters, no tan or blue colors, no denium jeans or jackets. No scarfs, or bandanas. I think thats about it?!! If this is your first time visiting make sure u bring your approval letter, but most of the time they have a copy (no biggie) but dont forget ur ID and only one key is allowed. My first time visiting i forgot to bring money for the vending machines... My man wasnt mad but it sucks not being able to get food. I was there for six hours and we had no food or drinks, sucks! P.S if u walk around outside u can find away to kiss a lot more! Haha okay girl. Lmk if u have any more questions!?! (; 0ch0'sLady!!!

If any on has a man in unit A1 at CVMCCF msg meeh!!! Theres something u should know...Important info.!!!

cesars#1fan
01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
heeey ms.liz thanks for responding. do you know how to get there from orange county? like freeway wise? he gets out in april. i cant wait. but i feel bad i havnt seen him since last march :( we write back and fourth and he called me on christmas, wich was the first time i got to talk to him since hes been in there, i have died my hair and ganied a lil weight since he last saw me. idk i feel nervous i guess. i was gonna go last week but i chickened out. his mom told me go early. i was thinking about wearing black slacks, and some flatts with like a white long sleeve shirt with a black vest over it do you think that willbe ok? and where that k-mart is is there any food places or bars or anything, i know my friends really wanna go to support me.

Cubana
01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
heeey ms.liz thanks for responding. do you know how to get there from orange county? like freeway wise? he gets out in april. i cant wait. but i feel bad i havnt seen him since last march :( we write back and fourth and he called me on christmas, wich was the first time i got to talk to him since hes been in there, i have died my hair and ganied a lil weight since he last saw me. idk i feel nervous i guess. i was gonna go last week but i chickened out. his mom told me go early. i was thinking about wearing black slacks, and some flatts with like a white long sleeve shirt with a black vest over it do you think that willbe ok? and where that k-mart is is there any food places or bars or anything, i know my friends really wanna go to support me.

They can also drop you off and go to Bakersfield it's only a few miles away ( 20 or so) I dont know if you want them hanging around McFarland. Also Delano is not to far either.:thumbsup:

onemoreyear
01-28-2010, 01:02 AM
heeey ms.liz thanks for responding. do you know how to get there from orange county? like freeway wise? he gets out in april. i cant wait. but i feel bad i havnt seen him since last march :( we write back and fourth and he called me on christmas, wich was the first time i got to talk to him since hes been in there, i have died my hair and ganied a lil weight since he last saw me. idk i feel nervous i guess. i was gonna go last week but i chickened out. his mom told me go early. i was thinking about wearing black slacks, and some flatts with like a white long sleeve shirt with a black vest over it do you think that willbe ok? and where that k-mart is is there any food places or bars or anything, i know my friends really wanna go to support me. I LIVE IN ORANGE COUNTY AND WHEN I GO I TAKE THE 5 FREEWAY TO THE 99 FREEWAY AND GET OFF ON SHERWOOD TURN LEFT THEN LEFT AT MCDONALDS AND LEFT ON FRONTAGE. FRONTAGE IS A SMALL STREET RIGHT PASS MCDONALDS AND BEFORE THE HIGH SCHOOL.:thumbsup:

sidewalker
01-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Hey Cesars......I would be careful about the white shirt.
Ive never visited a MCCF but I have visited state.
White seems to be a problem, but again not sure about this facility.
Not too low, not too sheer. The vest could also be a problem. But again, not sure. At SQ no layers at all. But you can wear a jacket at CCI and also hooded sweaters are ok, if you dont put up the hood (at cci)

Any of you ladies have any advice/clarification on white shirts? And the vest?

cesars#1fan
01-29-2010, 03:12 AM
thank you guys. so just to be safe maybe i should stick to all black?

sidewalker
01-29-2010, 09:21 AM
I would, only so you dont have to go change.
You can always pretty much be sure black is *safe*
And after you've visited once, you will know better next time what is approved and ok, and what isnt.
enjoy your visit!

cesars#1fan
01-29-2010, 03:04 PM
ok thanks so much. and i have 1 more question is jewlery & belts ok? im sooo excited to see my babes tmrw!!! i can not wait!!!

onemoreyear
01-30-2010, 01:17 AM
ok thanks so much. and i have 1 more question is jewlery & belts ok? im sooo excited to see my babes tmrw!!! i can not wait!!!Yes they are ok. have a great visit.

cesars#1fan
01-30-2010, 04:18 PM
omg i didnt make it. how do you guys wake up that early and drive that far??i woke up got dressed and got gas and was like i cant do a 3hour drive. im thinking about going and getting a hotel close to there tonight but is it a good area?? im from like HB really safe neighborhood, im scared of like santa ana i dont know ifi can go get a hotel alone or not..i feel horrible im probly the work gf ever. and idk what to do. everything is just so complicated. :(

Cubana
01-30-2010, 05:15 PM
You can stay in Bakersfield. It's safe.

cesars#1fan
01-31-2010, 12:53 AM
i am tonight. thank you so much.

sidewalker
02-03-2010, 07:28 AM
I know what you mean about getting up so early, and long drives.
I just went down at christmas from my house to tehachapi. Whew, what a drive!
Def cant do it in one day. No way in heck.So we (my son and I ) stayed in tehachapi overnite. It was still a long drive home, after a visit, but we did it.
(its like a 6 hr drive each way)
Just bring a book, and some popcorn and watch the tube. Sleep a bit and ta daaaaaaaa next morning your there bright and early!!
Hope your visit is awesome.

D4C
04-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi, I have a few questions, any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. What is the name and extension of the CDC Sargent at CV MCCF?

2. Who is the superior officer in visiting and what is their name and extension?

3. How long does it take to get approved to visit here?

Thanks!

D4C
04-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Hmmmm, so I guess nobody knows. Oh well, when I find out the answers I will be back to post so that other's can have the benefit of the info!

Cubana
04-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Hi, I have a few questions, any help will be greatly appreciated!

1. What is the name and extension of the CDC Sargent at CV MCCF?

2. Who is the superior officer in visiting and what is their name and extension?

3. How long does it take to get approved to visit here?

Thanks!

Well not sure if this will help much but,
Visitiong approvals in the mccf & ccf's take 1-2 weeks max.
Getting a hold of that ONE person that works in the private prison is almost impossible, and the counselors only come once a month if even that. They are in sacramento. They dont even work in the facility. I have emailed my husbands counselor to no end without a response. :blah:

Good luck in finding the info. My best advice would be to call sat or sun and ask for the visiting room. Might work. Good luck.

D4C
04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Well not sure if this will help much but,
Visitiong approvals in the mccf & ccf's take 1-2 weeks max.
Getting a hold of that ONE person that works in the private prison is almost impossible, and the counselors only come once a month if even that. They are in sacramento. They dont even work in the facility. I have emailed my husbands counselor to no end without a response. :blah:

Good luck in finding the info. My best advice would be to call sat or sun and ask for the visiting room. Might work. Good luck.

Thanks, I tried just going by the prison to speak with someone in visiting, but that didn't work they just told me that they don't deal with "walk-ins" that i had to call.

one.four.three
05-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I went to CV MCCF this past weekend. After being on the road for approx. 4 hours lonnggg they tell me I can't visit because I have high heels on? WTF?..UGH, I was so mad:angry:....I can't believe this is happening...not here...not now...I haven;t seen my man since March...

Question. Since I can see heels are not allowed (used as a weapon, WTF?) are boots with heels okay? C'mon it's bad enough I am petite person (small framed) and they want me to wear flats? Nooooo way! :rolleyes: I want to look sexy for him :(

D4C
05-12-2010, 12:02 AM
I was there this weekend too and I saw a couple of girls in heels and they just gave them warnings to not wear them next time. Also there is a Factory2U & a Kmart in Delano & you could have gone there to get some shoes. I'm sorry you had a hard time this weekend.

Ms.MyBabe
05-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Does anyone have any information on why MCCF McFarland was not allowing visitation this past weekend??????? 05/22-05/23 2010

naila
05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm trying to get directions to MCCF Central Valley in McFarland, CA - I'm supposed to pick up my son in 30 days from there and I only have the P.O. When he asks, they won't give him the street name. If anyone knows the name of the street it is on, or the physical address, I would appreciate knowing Thanks.

The address is 254 Taylor Avenue
Mcfarland ca

dnvergrl
06-16-2010, 11:30 PM
I and my son have just been approved to visit his brother, my other son. We want to bring his baby with us as he has not seen him since he was born, February of this year. I don't know what days visiting is or times or how to even get to the prison. Can we bring money, can he hold his baby boy? I don't know how to get the phone number for the prison. It is located in McFarland, CA. All I have is the P.O. Box address I think it is located on Taylor Ave, not sure though. I know when I address my letters to him, I write down, CVMFF. do I need to make an appointment to visit? Need help please.
Thanks, dnvergrl. AKA, Elaine Clark:confused:

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Here is some information so you can hopefully get your questions answered. Good luck!! =)

254 Taylor Avenue
United States
Fax: 661-792-5572

Gerardo's Wifey
07-30-2010, 06:12 PM
hello Jays lady:)
just had a question i new to this website "prison talk" and i was wondering if you might know about the visits at central valley mccf??:confused:?i finally got approved to visit my husband and he tells me u cant wear some types of clothes, what types CANT u wear? what colors CANT u wear?what can u take in with you? because im coming from los angeles but i have to go on the bus somehow:eek:. if u dont happen to know can u re-post this so everyone else can see it. thanks :) and if anyone happens to know about getting to McFarland CA from Los Angeles on a greyhound or amtrak please let me know your help will be greatly appreciated.:o

tailoredtrouser
10-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I and my son have just been approved to visit his brother, my other son. We want to bring his baby with us as he has not seen him since he was born, February of this year. I don't know what days visiting is or times or how to even get to the prison. Can we bring money, can he hold his baby boy? I don't know how to get the phone number for the prison. It is located in McFarland, CA. All I have is the P.O. Box address I think it is located on Taylor Ave, not sure though. I know when I address my letters to him, I write down, CVMFF. do I need to make an appointment to visit? Need help please.
Thanks, dnvergrl. AKA, Elaine Clark:confused:

i think you got the correct street address from someone else but here's some info on bringing baby: we brought my grandson's 9 mo. old to see him; no problem, he can hold baby but the staff does request baby has very modest clothing, especially girl babies; they want them to have clothes with sleeves, legs covered and feet covered (because some prisoners may have pedophile tendencies and the staff does not want to encourage temptation) there is an on-line list of what you can and can't bring in the baby pack and it is very detailed as to formula, food, diapers, etc.) if you don't have a computer to look it up, call the prison for a list to be sent to you or go to your local library to go online and find it...good luck?

happy tuesday
11-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Anyone have more info on what they found (was told inmate made knives I think) in A pod. I just called and they have, so far, cancelled this weekends visiting :(
They said to call tomorrow morning to see if visitation is back on but I'm many hrs away so....does anyone know what time the phone lines open to call?

Is this typical for Central Valley...visitation cancelled and are knives and stuff that common there?

Thanks,
HT

Hollisgirl123
01-03-2011, 06:08 AM
hi can anyone give me any info on central valley mccf? my boyfriend was recently transferred there and I'm still waiting to be approved for visits...i plan on taking our daughter who he has not yet seen. I saw that someone posted something about there being a list on line about what can and can't be in the diaper bag...what site can i find that on? any general info you my have on visits and sendingpackages would be helpful? thanks! oh and can i bring a camera for pictures?

happy tuesday
01-06-2011, 07:09 PM
hi can anyone give me any info on central valley mccf? my boyfriend was recently transferred there and I'm still waiting to be approved for visits...i plan on taking our daughter who he has not yet seen. I saw that someone posted something about there being a list on line about what can and can't be in the diaper bag...what site can i find that on? any general info you my have on visits and sendingpackages would be helpful? thanks! oh and can i bring a camera for pictures?

Hi Hillisgirl123,

Welcome to CVMCCF!
My man is there right now too. I feel comforted that he is not at "real" prison, there are little to none gang issues, fights and worries, the guards do not ever carry guns or tasers and it seems like inmates are totally keeping their noses clean to make sure that they get out here at the end of their prison time.
So if I were you I would call CV, ask for the visiting sarg/guard and run it by them. Are you driving your car to visit (or being dropped off)? I ask for if something of yours doesn't pass their screening or rules (which pending the officers that work the checkin and also checking you over at the metal detector, they change their minds at times, from one week to the next). If you anticipate going often, I would get a visiting manual, this you can use against their flip-flopping decisions.
My man and I do not have any children though so I am not experienced here. But I can tell you from looking at others, most do NOT bring in a diaper bag. They have a large zip lock in which they put in a couple of diapers, a toy or two (certainly call about the toys, I saw a mother, a regular, have a problem with a soft book toy I think, where the week before she was there they gave her a hard time about a hard one I believe...totally stupid! They even fussed, were going to make her change, out of an outfit she worse before - SAME guard too - sometimes I wonder if they have power trips?).

If nobody here who visits with children responds, please call CV and also pack your car with random toys and clothes too (you may need to go out and swap)! There is the color restriction, little metal, sensitive to clothing themes (like I guess certain music bands or whatever?), no hoods on the jackets, stuff like that. Have at LEAST one spare outfit for you and your daughter in the car just in case. Oh and watch "the girls" too, no cleavage at all is safest. Also those trendy leggings, you must wear a top long enough to cover and then some and also super tight in the butt (pants, jeans - NO blue!) also doesn't fly (I've seen gals get crap for each of these issues).
Basically, I swear, they want you to look like you just rolled out of bed looking as crappy as possible. They say inmates sometimes fight over the others girlfriend, looking hot or whatever or accusing them of checking their girl out something like that at visiting, and it sometimes causes fights within the dorms, so try not to look too good (the guards told me this, directly, twice).

Okay, so you need to have a bunch of ones and quarters. Sandwiches (you get two, they are gross fyi) are about $7+, you can easily, between feeding you and your guy, go through $20! You MAY bring up to 10 photos, no larger than 5x7 ( I believe no 8x10's). Nothing too um... slutty :) Bathing suit shots will get through if you are wanting to include those kinds. Remember no underwire bras, NO low cut, nothing see through, nothing blue or green or tan/taupe, white t-shirts are ok if they are TOTALLY opaque, but they may fuss unless you wear an undershirt! Honestly, they may give you a hard time for just about anything. Be respectful and kind and understanding to the guards and your life will be a little easier.

Good luck, I hope this info helps a little bit!
Happy T

lilmamas21
01-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Does anyone visit at MCCF - McFarland Community Correctional Facility..? And if so, do you know if they allow Family visits? Does anyone know the number for visiting that i can call, my man was just endorsed to go there and i'm looking for info. Also if you have any information you can share about the place that would be helpful. Thanks in advance. PLEASE HELP. :confused:

javis girl
05-17-2011, 09:50 PM
hi,
my hubby is arriving to cv tomorrow i dnt know much bout these private prisons but can i use one of the regular visiting app since my hubby sent me one so i could have it ready nd wouldnt have to wait til he til he sent me one from central valley and where do i mail it to. can i mail it straight to visiting. and how many people including children can visit at same time?

D4C
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Yes you can ues the regular cdc form 106 & mail it to the prison attn visiting.

At CV-mccf you can have five people total. They do have a fairly large visiting area.

javis girl
05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
So is it 5 including him? How soon can they call when they arrive to cv?

D4C
05-18-2011, 07:13 PM
No it's 5 visitors & I'm not sure how soon he can call... I'm trying to remember, but I think my brother called me within a day or two of getting there.

WaitingonmySon
05-29-2011, 10:05 PM
hi,
my hubby is arriving to cv tomorrow i dnt know much bout these private prisons but can i use one of the regular visiting app since my hubby sent me one so i could have it ready nd wouldnt have to wait til he til he sent me one from central valley and where do i mail it to. can i mail it straight to visiting. and how many people including children can visit at same time?Hi did your husband arrive? Reason I am asking is there is rumour these two facilities are facing close soon. I have someone at McFarland and cant understand if they are facing close why they would still be transferring ppl in. I heard they are still trying to work things out with CDC.

javis girl
05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Yes my husband arrived about 1 week 1/2 and he has asked me the same question he was transfered from CCC in susanville after being there for over two years and he has bout 2yrs 9mnths left if they were closing why would they have moved him there. I am just thinking where are they going to send them all if they are overcroweded everywhere else......

happy tuesday
05-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Javisgirl, maybe take look at the link I posted in the fire camp section, there was a news video link saying that they are closing susanville within 60 days, that their contract was not renewed. There also is a link I posted about Leo Chesney being shut down and that is where they say Central Valley, Golden State and Desert View MCCF's are also being closed. Each media article makes it sound like it is to do with AB109. My guy said that to him it seemed like it wasn't pending AB109 and that it was simply for budget reasons that they had to close down some prisons to save money. He says the rumor is that some CCF's are closing and that guys will be sent to the MCCF's (while they are still open, he says Central and Golden are suppose to be open for 3-6 months) and whoever is left will be mainlined to a state prison.

The articles I mention above, so of them only the one on Susanville (Lassen ccf) I found on the cdcr site. MCCF's like central and golden there hasn't been anything official from the cdcr site.

Yes my husband arrived about 1 week 1/2 and he has asked me the same question he was transfered from CCC in susanville after being there for over two years and he has bout 2yrs 9mnths left if they were closing why would they have moved him there. I am just thinking where are they going to send them all if they are overcroweded everywhere else......

WaitingonmySon
05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Javisgirl, maybe take look at the link I posted in the fire camp section, there was a news video link saying that they are closing susanville within 60 days, that their contract was not renewed. There also is a link I posted about Leo Chesney being shut down and that is where they say Central Valley, Golden State and Desert View MCCF's are also being closed. Each media article makes it sound like it is to do with AB109. My guy said that to him it seemed like it wasn't pending AB109 and that it was simply for budget reasons that they had to close down some prisons to save money. He says the rumor is that some CCF's are closing and that guys will be sent to the MCCF's (while they are still open, he says Central and Golden are suppose to be open for 3-6 months) and whoever is left will be mainlined to a state prison.

The articles I mention above, so of them only the one on Susanville (Lassen ccf) I found on the cdcr site. MCCF's like central and golden there hasn't been anything official from the cdcr site. Goldenstate is not a mainline facility it is a PC facility so would be SNY. Which last year several prisons were stating they needed to create more SNY yards. Do we know when GS or CV contract expires? I found documentation that said March but I found on the GEO corp site they started GS in Aug. My concern is they would continue till contract is up so I am hoping its March. If anyone can find that info please post, Thanks!

javis girl
05-30-2011, 08:31 PM

The articles I mention above, so of them only the one on Susanville (Lassen ccf) I found on the cdcr site. MCCF's like central and golden there hasn't been anything official from the cdcr site.
Hi,
My hubby came from CCC which is California Correctional Center in Susanville which is a state prison makes me wonder why would they move him from a state prison to a mccf if it was closing right. just so confusing i live in stockton was planning to move mcfarland but now i have to wait hate this

happy tuesday
05-30-2011, 10:13 PM
Hi, Oh sorry I mixed them into one prison. That IS weird that they sent him down if they were closing. Well here is the thing, the CDC doesn't exactly move super fast nor do things catch up with their file on time, things like that, protocol that slows things down or creates error. What I'm getting at is per my guy, I ran your thread by him, and whenever it is that you posted it he said "Oh well that seemed to be the last week where we were getting new guys. He says there have been no new guys since and there are many empty beds.

I'll PM ya! :)
Hi,
My hubby came from CCC which is California Correctional Center in Susanville which is a state prison makes me wonder why would they move him from a state prison to a mccf if it was closing right. just so confusing i live in stockton was planning to move mcfarland but now i have to wait hate this

javis girl
06-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I need help. My husband called me and told me I wasnt approved to visit. So I called and talked to the visiting sgt and he said it was because of my arresr history and because I was on probation. I told him I was on informal probation so the court said I didnt need no permission from them to visit. also my offenses are not felonys. but the sgt said I could write to the captain has this happened to anyone?

D4C
06-01-2011, 09:07 PM
I have been approved to visit at Central Valley & I have an extensive arrest history and am on informal probation.

When you applied to visit, did you include minute orders from all cases you have had?

I would suggest getting minutes on all cases & include them along with another visiting form and a letter to the capitan. Also, anther thing that I do when I send in visiting applications is I include a copy of my DOJ printout.

javis girl
06-01-2011, 11:14 PM
Did u get denied and also had to write to the captain? So where did u get the doj printout what does that tell them? And no I didnt send the minute orders with my application because when I called in they saidd I didnt need too. but when I applied when he was at state prison they did aske me to.

D4C
06-02-2011, 12:32 AM
No I wasn't denied. I was approved the first time around (but I have been denied at other facilities). On your application did you state that you were on informal probation or did you just put probation?

You can get a DOJ print out by going here (http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/security.php) The DOJ printout lists everything that you have ever been arrested for.

I always send minute orders because they explain all of my cases as well as verify that I am only on informal probation.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions, feel free to ask =)

javis girl
06-27-2011, 04:25 PM
??

D4C
06-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Yes I believe so, but I would call to verify. The number is: 661-792-3492

javis girl
06-27-2011, 07:49 PM
ok thanks i hope they do

ELAiNE&&MARi0<3
06-27-2011, 11:38 PM
My husband hasn't called && that's not like him..... I no longer have finger nails waiting for a call :[[[[

nevada girl
07-06-2011, 12:35 PM
My husband hasn't called && that's not like him..... I no longer have finger nails waiting for a call :[[[[
i called they were locked down!

L11O22V09E
07-12-2011, 07:41 PM
my love one just got transferred here from Wasco state prison. im just looking for some information on this prison all i know is that it is not ran by the state. kan someone please give me a little more information i would appriacate it. thank you in advance :confused:

happy tuesday
07-13-2011, 12:02 AM
Central and Golden are pretty identical, they are back to back on the same large parcel of land.
Each look sort of like a big school, the building that is but with of course fences and barb wire. It is low security. The guards, most are GEO's (they are not officers, they are sort of between a security guard and a prison guard) do not even carry guns. I think only a couple do. I believe the inmates are calmer there versus state prisons partly due to that fact, less fear, less threat.

Fights to happen from time to time. Usually one and one's and only sometimes do they become riots (where whatever race is fighting the other, the rest of the race in that dorm needs to dive in). I'm told it is certainly more laid back versus state. The food is worse though, these guys only get one piece of fruit twice a month. They are not fed enough and the quality of food is dog crap, most of it. They are given tons of crappy white bread. You will want to do you best to buy him quarterly packages with better food, plus money on his books for canteen if you can afford it.

Visiting is okay. It's a big room, with plastic tables and chairs, you can sit across and hold hands. You can have a brief kiss and hug when you say hello and goodbye, only. Otherwise you will most likely get into trouble.

There are drugs and alcohol in there even cell phones. If he stays away from all that you can sleep much better at night. My guy is very good and although drinks on the outside he won't take any chances. They can get a job eventually and try for milestone credit classes, but not everyone seems to get them, lack of classroom space I guess?

Hope that helps!
my love one just got transferred here from Wasco state prison. im just looking for some information on this prison all i know is that it is not ran by the state. kan someone please give me a little more information i would appriacate it. thank you in advance :confused:

L11O22V09E
07-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Central and Golden are pretty identical, they are back to back on the same large parcel of land.
Each look sort of like a big school, the building that is but with of course fences and barb wire. It is low security. The guards, most are GEO's (they are not officers, they are sort of between a security guard and a prison guard) do not even carry guns. I think only a couple do. I believe the inmates are calmer there versus state prisons partly due to that fact, less fear, less threat.

Fights to happen from time to time. Usually one and one's and only sometimes do they become riots (where whatever race is fighting the other, the rest of the race in that dorm needs to dive in). I'm told it is certainly more laid back versus state. The food is worse though, these guys only get one piece of fruit twice a month. They are not fed enough and the quality of food is dog crap, most of it. They are given tons of crappy white bread. You will want to do you best to buy him quarterly packages with better food, plus money on his books for canteen if you can afford it.

Visiting is okay. It's a big room, with plastic tables and chairs, you can sit across and hold hands. You can have a brief kiss and hug when you say hello and goodbye, only. Otherwise you will most likely get into trouble.

There are drugs and alcohol in there even cell phones. If he stays away from all that you can sleep much better at night. My guy is very good and although drinks on the outside he won't take any chances. They can get a job eventually and try for milestone credit classes, but not everyone seems to get them, lack of classroom space I guess?

Hope that helps!

do i continue to use jpay to send him money?

happy tuesday
07-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Nope! These places only take money orders, go to the post office to do it. You will need his address, his cdc number and just throw it in your next letter. The mail room will find it in your envelope, and it takes a few days for it to reflect on his account. He has to sign for it so you know for sure that he got it.
do i continue to use jpay to send him money?

D4C
07-14-2011, 02:07 PM
You can still send money via Jpay, BUT it will take MONTHS to get to him. The money orders are a better way to go. Plus if you send the money via jpay they will take restitution out, but if you send it via money order they will not.

nevada girl
07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
my guy is due to be released from central valley in the next couple of weeks. anyone know how the process works?

his1n'only_luv
07-15-2011, 01:26 AM
My bf was just transfer to MCCF,
Dose any one know the number I can call to set up my cell phone to receive his calls??????
Someone gave me a number but it was just for land line I need it for my cell phone.
also some info about this prison...i'm a little lost..please help
thanks

D4C
07-15-2011, 02:26 AM
My bf was just transfer to MCCF,
Dose any one know the number I can call to set up my cell phone to receive his calls??????
Someone gave me a number but it was just for land line I need it for my cell phone.
also some info about this prison...i'm a little lost..please help
thanks

Which MCCF was he sent to?

If it's Central Valley then the telephone provider is GTL... the phone number is 1-877-650-4249

his1n'only_luv
07-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Which MCCF was he sent to?

If it's Central Valley then the telephone provider is GTL... the phone number is 1-877-650-4249

his at Golden State Modified Community Correctional Facility (GSMCCF). they had gave me the # for GTL 1-800-231-0193, but when i called thay said i needed to set up a account and to do that i need my cell phone bill and a utility bill. and its a monthly thing, that the bill me every month. oh and i don't have a utility bill under my name. when i told them that she said i can't do it with out one. so i really don't know what to do. HELP!!!!:confused:

D4C
07-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Can you get a house phone? I have a monthly cell phone (metro pcs) and what I do is I have the house phone forwarded to my cell phone.

D4C
07-17-2011, 12:11 PM
If GTL is the provider then you have to go through GTL to get your calls.

psalm3418
07-18-2011, 01:35 AM
my guy is due to be released from central valley in the next couple of weeks. anyone know how the process works?

Hi nevada girl,
There is a thread here on the release procedures called " RELEASE PROCEDURES from CCF & MCCF's: Questions & Answers" (http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547368)

Just click on the above link. I hope it answers your questions. :)

L11O22V09E
07-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Nope! These places only take money orders, go to the post office to do it. You will need his address, his cdc number and just throw it in your next letter. The mail room will find it in your envelope, and it takes a few days for it to reflect on his account. He has to sign for it so you know for sure that he got it.

thank you so much :)

his1n'only_luv
07-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Can you get a house phone? I have a monthly cell phone (metro pcs) and what I do is I have the house phone forwarded to my cell phone.

So GTL wonít accept metro pcs cells?? I canít get a house phone to much complication for me at this moment... Do you know if there is another way???

D4C
07-20-2011, 12:56 AM
So GTL wonít accept metro pcs cells?? I canít get a house phone to much complication for me at this moment... Do you know if there is another way???

I don't believe so. My understanding is that in order to set up an account with GTL on a cell phone you have to be able to provide them with a copy of the phone bill. Since Metro does not issue phone bills, there isn't anything to send them. This is why I just have my house phone forwarded to my cell. I don't use it for anything other than my collect calls, so it only costs me $10 a month.

MitosWifee!
07-21-2011, 04:55 PM
I have Metro PCS and I have an account with GTL.. All I did was I went to a Metro PCS store and told them I needed proof the phone was in my name.. The printed up a page that had my name and # on it.. I faxed it over and never had a problem..I switched over to my cell as soon as GTL started allowing cell phones..

L11O22V09E
08-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Me and my love ones mother just got approved for visits and im not going to lie im really scared ive only visited him well he was in county not prison and i have no clue what to expect when we finally go see him after 5 months!! can any one please help me he is in Central Valley Modified Community Correctional Facility In McFarland CA.

Turbo413
08-10-2011, 05:38 PM
That's awesome!! Hopefully someone from that complex can help you out with the Do's and Dont's. I can tell you that you may feel the urge to cry, laugh, smile CONTINUOUSLY, stare and be in la la land the whole time. Your heart will hold all these feelings for a good while. Enjoy it! Overall, keep us posted on your first :)

L11O22V09E
08-10-2011, 05:47 PM
yess im so excited already !! i hope someone can help because i feel so lost at the moment. i will be sure to write about my visit hope all is well thank you :)

D4C
08-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Me and my love ones mother just got approved for visits and im not going to lie im really scared ive only visited him well he was in county not prison and i have no clue what to expect when we finally go see him after 5 months!! can any one please help me he is in Central Valley Modified Community Correctional Facility In McFarland CA.

Check out post #152... It has some pretty good info.

Hope this helps :)

Dr0oPsGiRL
08-21-2011, 02:41 AM
So my baby just got sent to MCCF how is this prison?? And how long does it take to get approved for visiting? Does mail get to em fast? I'm in burbank, ca.. sorry for all the questions

callmevelma
10-23-2013, 02:48 AM
This is the McFarland facility on Taylor. :)
No news or updates, just waking up the thread. :boogie:

oneofakind13
10-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Hello everyone ! My husband got a notice of transfer to this facility. If anyone has any info or tips that can be shared that would be great! Kk thanks in advance!

Caresgirl
10-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Hello everyone ! My husband got a notice of transfer to this facility. If anyone has any info or tips that can be shared that would be great! Kk thanks in advance!

Mine just got there yesterday supposedly but I have not heard from him yet. I tried calling them to see if he was really there but they would not give me any information. They are unlike the State Prisons because I would call and they would tell me about his housing and so on, but not this place. I am hoping he will be able to get to a phone and call me soon.

Anesa
11-05-2013, 08:15 PM
My son is at Central Valley as of Oct 29 2013 and just received a letter from him. He said they do not have the phones up yet so the guys cannot call out and no canteen available as not set up yet and nobody knows nothing when you call. This place was closed down in 2011 and just opened back up around two weeks ago as per Brown's newly signed contract with GEO who runs this place. My son says the C.O's are young (25-30 years old) and real green. I am angry that CDCR sent our family members here and they are not even set up properly yet. :hmm:

Whaatevverr
11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi ladies....

I am trying to find out some information for my inmate friend. I am hoping you don't mind answering my questions so I can let him know. For the ones who have been transferred at the end of October do all of your guys qualify for the early release they are talking about that is supposed to happen in Dec but now they moved the deadline to Jan? If yes do you think that your guys will still be released early if they actually let these guys out? If you don't mind replying either on here or PM me I would appreciate your opinions.

Thank you.

Caresgirl
11-06-2013, 05:14 PM
My son is at Central Valley as of Oct 29 2013 and just received a letter from him. He said they do not have the phones up yet so the guys cannot call out and no canteen available as not set up yet and nobody knows nothing when you call. This place was closed down in 2011 and just opened back up around two weeks ago as per Brown's newly signed contract with GEO who runs this place. My son says the C.O's are young (25-30 years old) and real green. I am angry that CDCR sent our family members here and they are not even set up properly yet. :hmm:

I agree with you! Its been frustrating not know what is really going on inside there. I got a letter from him saying the phones would be on the 4th but that did not happen. I called the counselor today and she did not know anything about the phones and when they would be on so frustrating. I found out about the visiting and if you want to visit you have to call up there and ask to have your name put on the list for the weekend you want to visit. She told me that if I was approved at his last CDC facility then I should be approved now. Hmmm I wanted to know for sure because I do have to drive 4 hours to get there, but she could not tell me that. Then I asked her what the visiting hours were and she said she did not know because they didnt tell her that. She did tell me that no ones been up there yet to visit, and they had just opened the visiting up this past weekend. My Husband wrote to tell me the visiting room is small but they do have a patio you can go outside in. Wow not sure if I feel comfrontable to drive 4 hours to visit, what if they wont let me in. They seem very confused and unorganized there:( all I wanted was some straight answers.

amebre82
11-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Just wondering if any of you wouldn't mind sharing how much time your loved one may have left and what level they are considered? ? I'm trying to see if there is a common thread between the men that have been sent to these private facilities to see if maybe they are the ones being considered for early release. I know my hubby had been pulled about 3-4 times for some type of questionnaire/test over the last 4-6 months and has about a year or less left on his sentence. ... he said they dramatically cut his points at his annual which made him like level 1 so I'm just wondering if most of your loved ones are similar. ..... Thanks! !!

Anesa
11-06-2013, 11:15 PM
I called there today and spoke with someone in R & R as my son had his quarterly package enroute to him before they moved him. I just wanted to know if they had contracted with a vender(s) yet and I did not want to tell the vendor send the package and have it sent back by the facility. The guy was nice but did not know anything at all. They think they will go with Access but that will not help me out so I guess I will lose some money for the restocking of his quarterly plus the shipping charges. So not a fun thing to go through. Wish they had it more together before thy sent our loved one's there.

Caresgirl
11-07-2013, 12:01 AM
I called there today and spoke with someone in R & R as my son had his quarterly package enroute to him before they moved him. I just wanted to know if they had contracted with a vender(s) yet and I did not want to tell the vendor send the package and have it sent back by the facility. The guy was nice but did not know anything at all. They think they will go with Access but that will not help me out so I guess I will lose some money for the restocking of his quarterly plus the shipping charges. So not a fun thing to go through. Wish they had it more together before thy sent our loved one's there.

Same thing happen tho my husband package and I'm waiting it too return to access and the people there told me they won't charge a restocking fee. This is becoming too much and I'm sad not being able to hear from him.

Anesa
11-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Same thing happen tho my husband package and I'm waiting it too return to access and the people there told me they won't charge a restocking fee. This is becoming too much and I'm sad not being able to hear from him.

Yes, I can relate. I am way too sad. We just had our first Family visit days before be learned he was to be transferred. Sad - no more family visits. I can not stop the tears from all the frustrations and not knowing and having a phone call. One day at a time and we shall get through this.

vetvet
11-08-2013, 01:28 AM
Just wondering if any of you wouldn't mind sharing how much time your loved one may have left and what level they are considered? ? I'm trying to see if there is a common thread between the men that have been sent to these private facilities to see if maybe they are the ones being considered for early release. I know my hubby had been pulled about 3-4 times for some type of questionnaire/test over the last 4-6 months and has about a year or less left on his sentence. ... he said they dramatically cut his points at his annual which made him like level 1 so I'm just wondering if most of your loved ones are similar. ..... Thanks! !!

My son transferred to one of the facilities in McFarland on 11/6. He is level 2 SNY and has about 21 months+ left. I do not expect him to be on an early release. As a matter of fact, i think if the out of state stuff gets going again..then they will prob ship a bunch of these guys out there. Just my speculation from the questions he was asked by the committee before the transfer. :(

vetvet
11-08-2013, 01:38 AM
I agree with you! Its been frustrating not know what is really going on inside there. I got a letter from him saying the phones would be on the 4th but that did not happen. I called the counselor today and she did not know anything about the phones and when they would be on so frustrating. I found out about the visiting and if you want to visit you have to call up there and ask to have your name put on the list for the weekend you want to visit. She told me that if I was approved at his last CDC facility then I should be approved now. Hmmm I wanted to know for sure because I do have to drive 4 hours to get there, but she could not tell me that. Then I asked her what the visiting hours were and she said she did not know because they didnt tell her that. She did tell me that no ones been up there yet to visit, and they had just opened the visiting up this past weekend. My Husband wrote to tell me the visiting room is small but they do have a patio you can go outside in. Wow not sure if I feel comfrontable to drive 4 hours to visit, what if they wont let me in. They seem very confused and unorganized there:( all I wanted was some straight answers.

I called one of the McFarland units. Does anyone know if they are both operating or not? Anyway, since they are next to each other, i should be able to find my son who transferred there yesterday. The person who answered said that they were Not making visitation appointments (i guess that translates in to long lines at some point). Visit hrs are 8:30-3 pm and she would not tell me if he was there or not. The inmate locator no longer has his name, 24 hours after he left, and the note below the search box gives a phone number to call to find them. I will call tomorrow and am planning on visiting Sunday, so I will post how that goes.

Anesa
11-08-2013, 08:47 AM
What institution did your son come from? Golden State which is next store has always been up and running. It is Central Valley that just opened up a few weeks ago (again, closed down in 2011). They are recruiting to fill open positions etc. They are so not together yet. In my opinion, they opened up way too early to accomodate our loved ones and their families. They cannot send out of state as the 3 court federal judges blocked that. So that is why California or I should say Brown entered into contract with MCCF so immediately and this place opened so fast. The contract runs through 2016.

Anesa
11-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Sorry I did not answer your question. Son is Level 2, has under 23 months to go.

oneofakind13
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Just out of curiosity has anyone gone to visit their loved one yet?

Anesa
11-08-2013, 09:32 PM
My son called me this evening from Central Valley. They have the phones up and running. Rumor has it they also entered into contract with all of the vendors for quarterly packages. He says they are still getting things together, are having problems with the plumbing system as the place has been closed since 2011. So far he says it is cool.

BIGGIRL123
11-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Hi my hubby is new to valley central mccf he has less then 23 months left. Has anyone gone to visit there loved ones. I heard you need to submit your visiting forms again my honey send me my visiting form so I can fill it out again. To send them money you cant use J-PAY you need to send a money order. My hubby don't like it there cause they don't got anything together.

sidewalker
11-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Whenever they change something (like add a yard etc.......) things just take forever.
The same thing happened with cci when they changed a yard and added lv 3 sny.
Visits, phones etc was all messed up.
As per usual, patience is what is needed. Lots of it.

Im glad to see they got the phones up and working. That will help some.

Caresgirl
11-11-2013, 11:25 AM
Whenever they change something (like add a yard etc.......) things just take forever.
The same thing happened with cci when they changed a yard and added lv 3 sny.
Visits, phones etc was all messed up.
As per usual, patience is what is needed. Lots of it.

Im glad to see they got the phones up and working. That will help some.

The phone were only up for approximately 4 hours on 11/7 Thurs. eve and now down again and still not working.

I agree with you whenever CDC changes something it can take a long while but this is Not the usual CDC Prison making changes, because this is privately owned correctional facility that just opened up in hurry after being closed since 2011. I blame JB (Jerry Brown) for sending are men out as fast as he could to this place because he did not get his Out of State Transfers. To me this place is a Housing Warehouse; the place is a joke and I am deeply upset my loved one has to be there. I saw first hand this week as I was one of the first people to visit just how messed up things are there. They threw are men in there and absolutely NOTHING working properly, inches of dust all over the place and a bunch of GEO staff all kids under 30 that have no training or clue as to what they are doing. They have a few CDC officers there and that's it. All I have to say is be prepared for the rules to change there on a daily basis as No One there know what they are doing. They are lucky to have my loved one there because he and another guy are the ones that are actually going around fixing things so they work properly as both of them have that kind of experience. I hope things get better for the sake of our loved ones that have to endure it there.

Caresgirl
11-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi my hubby is new to valley central mccf he has less then 23 months left. Has anyone gone to visit there loved ones. I heard you need to submit your visiting forms again my honey send me my visiting form so I can fill it out again. To send them money you cant use J-PAY you need to send a money order. My hubby don't like it there cause they don't got anything together.

I have gone to visit there and you do not have to submit your visiting form again as long as you were approved at a previous CDC prison. Your love one must get you on the visiting list by Tuesday of each week for the upcoming weekend, if you want to visit according to the Visiting Sgt. You can call and ask to speak to his counselor or the visiting Sgt. and they can give you the information weather you are on the list or not. The receptionist who answers the phone or anyone else you speak to will not be able to give you the right information.

Rlsbby4eva
11-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Yes, I can relate. I am way too sad. We just had our first Family visit days before be learned he was to be transferred. Sad - no more family visits. I can not stop the tears from all the frustrations and not knowing and having a phone call. One day at a time and we shall get through this.

Hello Anesa..same issue here. I've been crying my eyes out to know that no more family visits for us. He Will be transferred here Tuesday. How has he settled there?

sidewalker
11-11-2013, 02:00 PM
The phone were only up for approximately 4 hours on 11/7 Thurs. eve and now down again and still not working.

I agree with you whenever CDC changes something it can take a long while but this is Not the usual CDC Prison making changes, because this is privately owned correctional facility that just opened up in hurry after being closed since 2011. I blame JB (Jerry Brown) for sending are men out as fast as he could to this place because he did not get his Out of State Transfers. To me this place is a Housing Warehouse; the place is a joke and I am deeply upset my loved one has to be there. I saw first hand this week as I was one of the first people to visit just how messed up things are there. They threw are men in there and absolutely NOTHING working properly, inches of dust all over the place and a bunch of GEO staff all kids under 30 that have no training or clue as to what they are doing. They have a few CDC officers there and that's it. All I have to say is be prepared for the rules to change there on a daily basis as No One there know what they are doing. They are lucky to have my loved one there because he and another guy are the ones that are actually going around fixing things so they work properly as both of them have that kind of experience. I hope things get better for the sake of our loved ones that have to endure it there.

It was pretty much MONTHS before things got working ok at cci.
Plus the phones pretty much such anyways........
Ya just gotta have patience. Not easy by any means.
but it will get you thru.
mail letters. At least those usually EVENTUALLY go thru.
not much to hope on, or feel better about. But its at least something.:rolleyes:

BIGGIRL123
11-11-2013, 10:31 PM
Caresgirl do you have the number i can call to see if im on the visiting list. The phone's are up and running i just got off the phone with my hubby.

Caresgirl
11-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Caresgirl do you have the number i can call to see if im on the visiting list. The phone's are up and running i just got off the phone with my hubby.

Call 661-792-3492 and ask for his counselor if you know it or Sgt. Sell in the visiting dept.

Anesa
11-11-2013, 11:42 PM

Thank you so very much for the update. I too am deeply upset and agree Brown just threw this together and this is not okay. I am trying to call am Ombudsman's if there is one for the private prison. My son might be the one helping your husband. He states he is going about cleaning up and doing all he can to get the place in order. I am so sick about this. If anyone out there knows who to contact to complain, we should do so this is not okay. :hmm:

vetvet
11-12-2013, 08:36 AM
There is a man named Don Thompson, Associated Press, that writes articles that are published by the Sacramento Bee who might be a person to write to or contact about this 'story'. The articles I have read by him (so far) have not been Inflammatory and he perhaps would be interested in shining some light on this story. I would be willing to help.

Anesa
11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
There is a man named Don Thompson, Associated Press, that writes articles that are published by the Sacramento Bee who might be a person to write to or contact about this 'story'. The articles I have read by him (so far) have not been Inflammatory and he perhaps would be interested in shining some light on this story. I would be willing to help.

Thanks so very much for your update and willingness to help. I need to get myself out the door for work. But this is something to work on and must get out for the public to know about. Will be in touch.

Caresgirl
11-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Thank you so very much for the update. I too am deeply upset and agree Brown just threw this together and this is not okay. I am trying to call am Ombudsman's if there is one for the private prison. My son might be the one helping your husband. He states he is going about cleaning up and doing all he can to get the place in order. I am so sick about this. If anyone out there knows who to contact to complain, we should do so this is not okay. :hmm:

I found the Ombudsman's Office Main Number: 916-445-1773, but it is not listed who the contact is for the private prison's. I will keep looking and let you know what I come up with. Since the private prisons are contracted by CDC I would think that there has to be one. I know that Golden State MCCF has been open for a long while and I can help but wonder how they operate things there. As far as my LO told me they will be filling up the other dorms shortly. There will be more men there as the facility can hold over 700 men so they'd better get there act together.

Anesa
11-12-2013, 09:07 PM

I actually got a hold of him today and he is very interested in writing an article. He is especially interested in the physical plant. I am getting reports there are problems with the plumbing, many toilets don't work, the hot water for showers are now too hot to use, the HVAC system is not working and have been told it is humid in there, no ventilation, there is dust everywhere. If you want to assist me and any others to reaffirm that what I mentioned is accurate and / or if you know of other environmental things not working I need to know. He needs documented situations. Anyone who has visited and seen the state of the facility, etc. would appreciate your reports.

sidewalker
11-13-2013, 08:00 AM
• Media / Journalists & Students / Researchers:
When a journalist or member of the media posts on the site - or students/researchers post on the site for research purposes - they are expected to explain the purpose of the request to the members and to encourage members to post their stories in the thread. Considering the fact that this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature. Requests with the intent of provoking derogatory comments about prisoners or corrections officers will not be tolerated. Inviting outside contact of PTO members is also not allowed. Persons in the media and students/researchers are also not allowed to send unsolicited emails and/or private messages to members of PTO. Posting a personal email address within the thread is also not allowed. It is not the responsibility of the PTO Administration or Staff to authenticate or verify any statement or facts purported by members of PTO. At the discretion of PTO Administration, any media-related post/request or research-related post/request may be removed from the site. This may be done without warning or prior notification. PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any students/researchers or involved educational/research institution. However, any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members. Failure to follow these rules and policies will result in the request being immediately removed from the site and permanent banning of the media member(s) or students/researchers involved.

Caresgirl
11-13-2013, 01:13 PM
I actually got a hold of him today and he is very interested in writing an article. He is especially interested in the physical plant. I am getting reports there are problems with the plumbing, many toilets don't work, the hot water for showers are now too hot to use, the HVAC system is not working and have been told it is humid in there, no ventilation, there is dust everywhere. If you want to assist me and any others to reaffirm that what I mentioned is accurate and / or if you know of other environmental things not working I need to know. He needs documented situations. Anyone who has visited and seen the state of the facility, etc. would appreciate your reports.

I believe a lot of these issues were more prevalent when the facility just opened up and now things seem to be in better working order. The phones are up and running and things are starting to settle in and the guys are going to yard daily running a regular program. By no means are things perfect there just yet, but like Sidewalker said it's gonna take a lot of patience and time.

Caresgirl
11-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Hey everybody just a shout out to you all, if anyone goes to visit Central MCCF this weekend I hope you have a great visit. If you do go please come back here and share with us how it went :thumbsup:

oneofakind13
11-21-2013, 04:26 PM
I hope everyone is having a great week! For anyone visiting in the near future just thought I would share some info.first of all let me start out by saying that patience much much patience will be needed. No one really knows what they are doing you can ask the same question and everyone you ask will give you a different answer. You will walk up to the fence and you have to press the button to get buzzed in. You will walk into the building and will check in at the glass window they will give you the slip to fill out. The processing it self takes a long time and keep in mind there was only a handful of us. By The way no bills larger than ones. When you go through the metal detector they will write down the amount of money you're bringing in, if you have a watch, glasses and so on. Once you are inside make sure not to over do it with the kiss because they feel the need to prove they are the law and I would hate for someone to get terminated so early on in the visit. The tables where they sit you are regular sized tables they have plastic chairs like the one's you would use for the patio. The food is a little on the pricier side they sell the mini tacos in two's for $7 they don't have much of a selection but they do have more of a chip and candy variety. There is one microwave. They were not taking pictures. The bright side I guess was the fact that there is a patio were you can walk around or sit. Visit eneded around 3. Oh and another piece of advice, bring the paper that you loved one sent you to let you know you were approved to visit where ever it was you applied. They don't have everyone's c files yet and do not have computer access therefore cannot check if you are approved. Its not a bad idea to always carry it when you go visit your loved one just incase. Anyways can't really think of anything else if you any questions feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.

vetvet
11-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Do they have any games yet?

oneofakind13
11-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Do they have any games yet?

no they did not have any games :(

Rlsbby4eva
11-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Can kids visit yet?

oneofakind13
11-21-2013, 09:27 PM
My husband mentioned that he heard kids were not allowed to visit yet. But like I said everyone says something different

Rlsbby4eva
11-22-2013, 03:41 PM
Thank you

vetvet
11-24-2013, 11:58 PM
They are not yet allowing children to visit as one was turned away today. I believe they are awaiting information about who can have minor visitors and who cannot.

Rlsbby4eva
11-25-2013, 12:33 AM
Figured! I just needed to make sure, thank you

Carinote5
12-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Hey guys my LO is getting transferred there do you guys know if there is all day yard? Is there vocational training? And lastly are they allowed to have guitars?

MissingHim06
12-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Hey guys my LO is getting transferred there do you guys know if there is all day yard? Is there vocational training? And lastly are they allowed to have guitars?

My husband just trans-packed, told he was going to PR CCF CV am I in the right place?

MissingHim06
12-09-2013, 01:38 PM
I just spoke with my husband and he told me this is where he is transpacking to. I'm not sure what these acronyms mean? I went through this thread and didn't find a physical address. I realize this place just reopened in October it seems like. Has anyone been to visit? How long did it take from when your L/O got there to when you were able to visit? How do you set up a visit? Are they on VPASS, do we need to call? Any details would be much appreciated. Thank you!

vetvet
12-09-2013, 02:31 PM
I just spoke with my husband and he told me this is where he is transpacking to. I'm not sure what these acronyms mean? I went through this thread and didn't find a physical address. I realize this place just reopened in October it seems like. Has anyone been to visit? How long did it take from when your L/O got there to when you were able to visit? How do you set up a visit? Are they on VPASS, do we need to call? Any details would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, This is likely the Central Valley Modified correctional facility in McFarland, CA. Physical address (mailing addy is PO Box 638) is 245 Taylor in McFarland. You can see this info on the CDCR website under 'community correctional facilities'.
I have been there to visit a few times. Things are improving, as they have had a lot of disorganization from being newly reopened and having lots of new employees and communication issues. But they are working on it.
I was able to visit right away, however it has been suggested that you take a copy of your approval to visit with you because sometimes the files on the men do not immediately come with them or are unavailable. This facility does not have the computer connection to the cdcr computer, so they cannot look this up. My sons file was there and i had no problem.
They are not on Vpass. The men need to put you on a visitor list. I do not know how strict they are on this. And i do not think theywill make you an appt. ifyou call. However, the rules are adjusting all the time as they settle into their routine so you could try a call.
And to answer the previous question, the property they are located is small. I believe 20 acres for 2 larger prisons (approx 700 capacity each) and a smaller closed womens facility. They have a small yard.
The GEO group corp. owns the facility and it advertising for many open positions, from medical, dental, officers, vocational training and so on. When I visited 3 weeks ago, they had no classes yet. They were assigning some jobs to the men and I presume the classes will get started eventually when they hire people andt he curriculum is set up.
I will be visiting this week-end and if you have any other questions, let me know and i will either answer or try to find out.

MissingHim06
12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Hi, This is likely the Central Valley Modified correctional facility in McFarland, CA. Physical address (mailing addy is PO Box 638) is 245 Taylor in McFarland. You can see this info on the CDCR website under 'community correctional facilities'.
I have been there to visit a few times. Things are improving, as they have had a lot of disorganization from being newly reopened and having lots of new employees and communication issues. But they are working on it.
I was able to visit right away, however it has been suggested that you take a copy of your approval to visit with you because sometimes the files on the men do not immediately come with them or are unavailable. This facility does not have the computer connection to the cdcr computer, so they cannot look this up. My sons file was there and i had no problem.
They are not on Vpass. The men need to put you on a visitor list. I do not know how strict they are on this. And i do not think theywill make you an appt. ifyou call. However, the rules are adjusting all the time as they settle into their routine so you could try a call.
And to answer the previous question, the property they are located is small. I believe 20 acres for 2 larger prisons (approx 700 capacity each) and a smaller closed womens facility. They have a small yard.
The GEO group corp. owns the facility and it advertising for many open positions, from medical, dental, officers, vocational training and so on. When I visited 3 weeks ago, they had no classes yet. They were assigning some jobs to the men and I presume the classes will get started eventually when they hire people andt he curriculum is set up.
I will be visiting this week-end and if you have any other questions, let me know and i will either answer or try to find out.

Thank you so much for all of your information!!!

So for visiting you just line up? Is there a car line? Is there just one visiting processing center? What time can people start lining up? Sorry for all the questions. Oh will they have visiting on Christmas day and if so what will be the hours? Thanks again for all of your help!

I had an appointment to visit my husband on Christmas day and now he's moving :(

vetvet
12-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Thank you so much for all of your information!!!

So for visiting you just line up? Is there a car line? Is there just one visiting processing center? What time can people start lining up? Sorry for all the questions. Oh will they have visiting on Christmas day and if so what will be the hours? Thanks again for all of your help!

I had an appointment to visit my husband on Christmas day and now he's moving :(

Yes you just line up. You can check in around 830 am and visiting hours are 9-3. The check in is a bit slow as they work out the procedures. But it is getting better. A smile and some patience goes a long way.
Just park, go in (they buzz you in to open the many doors/gates one must go through) and give your id to the person behind the window. Only one entrance, processing area (capacity is only about 700). I assume the visiting time for xmas is the same.
Yes bummer about the appts. I liked the VPASS stuff too. But it will work out. I had all my visits planned out for a few weeks and my sonwas doing well in an electronics class and boom heis transferred 4 hoursaway further than he was before. It was VERY sad for us. But you do what you have to doandtry tomake the best of the situation.

MissingHim06
12-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Yes you just line up. You can check in around 830 am and visiting hours are 9-3. The check in is a bit slow as they work out the procedures. But it is getting better. A smile and some patience goes a long way.
Just park, go in (they buzz you in to open the many doors/gates one must go through) and give your id to the person behind the window. Only one entrance, processing area (capacity is only about 700). I assume the visiting time for xmas is the same.
Yes bummer about the appts. I liked the VPASS stuff too. But it will work out. I had all my visits planned out for a few weeks and my sonwas doing well in an electronics class and boom heis transferred 4 hoursaway further than he was before. It was VERY sad for us. But you do what you have to doandtry tomake the best of the situation.

We are in a similar situation, he's going further away but at least it's not going out of state.

I was also set up for several visits but oh well, like you said, we're going to make the best of our situation, we always do.

I have no idea where the paper is that confirmed I was approved for visiting, it's been a few years, so we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out for us. I can't think of any other questions right now, but I do appreciate your input. It will be about familiarizing ourselves with a new place again.

USAGINSTTHEM
12-14-2013, 06:44 AM
anyone in or around the central valley (fresno headed to desert view mccf and need anyone to tag along... My husband was transferred there from avenal... Please get bk to me and let me know if there is any options for me...

BIGGIRL123
12-14-2013, 02:12 PM
If anybody has visited central valley. Do you know if there taking pictures already? Also how are there visits? Any information will help because im going to viist my honey next weekend.

Thanks

MissingHim06
12-14-2013, 08:25 PM
anyone in or around the central valley (fresno headed to desert view mccf and need anyone to tag along... My husband was transferred there from avenal... Please get bk to me and let me know if there is any options for me...

Sorry, I'm not near you, hopefully someone will come along that can help you out!

vetvet
12-14-2013, 11:49 PM
If anybody has visited central valley. Do you know if there taking pictures already? Also how are there visits? Any information will help because im going to viist my honey next weekend.

Thanks

No pictures yet.
Visit check in at 830 am. Visits 9-3

BIGGIRL123
12-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Are they strict with what u wear lose or can we tight or no. I'm going to visit my honey.

anesarose13
12-21-2013, 02:22 PM
Anyone know if the phones are working okay in dorm A1? I have not heard from my family member in sometime now and worried. Not like him to not phone.

Rlsbby4eva
12-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Are they strict with what u wear lose or can we tight or no. I'm going to visit my honey.

When I went they were not as strict. Going back christmas day, gonna see then!

Rlsbby4eva
12-22-2013, 11:18 AM
For any ladies that have kids trying to visit : kids will be available to visit christmas day 12-25 :)))

vetvet
12-22-2013, 07:22 PM

Thanks

Hello,
They are taking pictures now. The men need to puchase a ducket for this out of their commissary money. At some point, visitors will be able to purchase them.

MissingHim06
01-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Hi All,

Just wanted to add a quick update on our visiting experience last weekend.

There are no hoods allowed. They are only allowing $1 bills and quarters.

Also, the visiting sergeant was in processing on Saturday and was taking note of where the delays were happening. She was really interested in speeding up the processing to get into our visit. In fact, we got in fairly quickly on Saturday considering we were still "held up" due to processing details.

That's all I can think of for now.

As many have noted, a lot of patience will take you a long way!

Happy visiting all!