View Full Version : missouri visiting

tshreve
09-15-2002, 08:46 PM
July 25, 2001

Dear Family and Friends:

Visiting

In late 1999, the Department formed a task force to evaluate its visiting policy and practices and explore opportunities to strengthen offender relationships with family and improve overall visiting operations. After completing site visits and surveys as well as conversations with staff, visitors, offenders and others, the task force submitted a number of recommendations to the Departmentís executive staff. Many of those recommendations have been approved for implementation effective February 1, 2001. The following is a general summary of the changes in process.

Visiting and Institution Orientation

A Family Orientation Program piloted at Fulton Reception and Diagnostic Center was introduced at our other two reception centers last year. This program offers family members an opportunity to visit the diagnostic center where your loved one is confined to learn more about the department. The Department hopes this initiative will provide visitors with information to answer frequently asked questions during initial incarceration and thereby relieve anxieties often experienced when a loved one is incarcerated.

Visiting Schedules

In the past the visiting schedules differed by facility. In response to your requests for additional evening and weekend visiting hours, the Department has standardized the schedule department-wide effective February 1, 2001. Individual facilities may provide additional visits and extend hours beyond the core hours listed below.

Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Friday: 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Saturday & Sunday: 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

As the new schedule suggests, visits will no longer be held on Wednesday. Instead, visiting will be available during the day on Thursday. Fridays will feature afternoon and evening visits. Weekends have been divided into two shifts to accommodate more visitors. All offenders who are not on visiting restrictions will have access to a minimum of 8 visits each month. The Departmentís four treatment centers have revised their visiting schedules as well to provide visits on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.

Visiting Environment

Our goal is to promote family-friendly visits. Every facility is currently evaluating its visiting room to determine how it may be improved within budgetary limitations. As examples, artwork by offenders and their children will be displayed as will offender accomplishments. Every facility will also establish a childís indoor play area that feature educational toys, puzzles, coloring supplies, videos, etc. to make more meaningful family interaction during visits. Children are also encouraged to bring homework, report cards, school artwork and photographs (no polaroids) to visits. To encourage family interaction, provisions have been made for birthday celebrations for children 12 and under.

Incentive Visiting Program

Every facility will also develop an incentive program so offenders have opportunity to earn additional visits for good institutional behavior. Visits will also be offered on select holidays. During 2001, those special visiting days are January 1, February 19, May 28, July 4, September 3, October 8, November 12 and December 25, 2001. These visits will count as a regular visit. In addition, every institution will develop an incentive program that will allow four or more food visits each year. These visits are opportunities for visitors to bring home-cooked or purchased foods, at your choice. Finally, an offender shared visit program has been established so that offenders who do not receive visits but have maintained good conduct and meet the incentive criteria may join another offender and his or her family once a month for a visit, if agreed upon by all parties. Efforts are also underway to expand the volunteer visitor program.

Miscellaneous

Other changes that are being implemented include the following. One, the ďno visitingĒ sanction will no longer be routinely used as a disciplinary sanction. Instead, limited no-contact visiting may be imposed or a visitor may be suspended if visiting rules are violated. Offenders assigned to disciplinary segregation will be allowed to receive two 2-hour no contact visits during each period of disciplinary segregation, as many times families travel long distances unaware the offender was in disciplinary segregation. Administrative segregation visits will remain the same, two 2-hour no-contact visits per month. Two, ex-employees who have left employment with the Department in good standing 6 or more months previously, may be authorized by the superintendent to visit an offender. Three, ex-offenders who wish to visit non-immediate family or friends may be considered for approval 1 year after release from confinement, if they meet other security related criteria. Four, an appeal process has been established so that prospective visitors who are denied visitation or placed on suspended visiting status have the opportunity to appeal that decision to an assistant division director. Last, offenders who are placed on visiting restrictions may earn back visits through an incentive program, established at each site.

It is believed that these improvements to the Departmentís visiting program will address many of the concerns expressed by you previously and will improve your visits. As these initiatives are implemented, please remain patient as new schedules or programs may cause unexpected delays or unanticipated difficulties. Each institution will develop standard operating procedures to comply with the Departmentís new guidelines for visits and visiting incentives and adjustments will be made as quickly as possible to rectify any difficulties encountered. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Departmentís visiting program, please feel free to share your ideas with us. You may submit your comments through the Departmentís web page at www.corrections.state.mo.us, the institutionís superintendent, or write to the Departmentís Visiting Task Force, attention of Bill Burgess, Chair, Maryville Treatment Center, 30227 U.S. Highway 136, Maryville, MO 64468.

Sincerely,

Gary B. Kempker

tshreve
09-15-2002, 08:48 PM
http://www.corrections.state.mo.us/division.htm

msveggie
03-07-2004, 12:42 AM
More information can be found on visiting at the following site.

http://www.corrections.state.mo.us/division/constser/family.htm#VISITING

I believe this is the latest publication for Friends and Family that is on the internet.

afriendincal
03-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Have you gone to visit? Can you go for the whole weekend or do they give you certain times for visits? Is there a visiting room or is it done over the phone? Can you describe the visitation? I need to know if I should wait till he comes home or fly.

msveggie
03-09-2004, 12:34 AM
Yes I visit every week now with my son. And I've visited several facilites now. Each are slightly different from one another. Which facility are you looking at visiting?

All Missouri facilities have contact visits. They are not allowed to deny them of visits as a means of discipline. However if an inmate is in the hole for disciplinary measures they will be restricted to no-contact visits and they are limited to 2 hours. Other than that visits are typically from 9-2 or 3-8 at most facilities that don't offer all day visits.

My son has the 9-2 or 3-8 visiting schedule and you may only attend one per day. However by boyfriend has visits from 9am- 8pm on the weekends and you can stay the whole day. They also have extended hours for Thursday and Friday.

If you tell us which facility then we can get you more specific information.

All facilities have vending machines to purchase food and drinks. Most I believe have cards and games inmates can check out. Some facilities have TV's in the visiting rooms. And there are even some facilities that have outdoor visiting area, the patio. But I've yet to see one that utilizes them. What a waste. My boyfriends facility has a nice playground area with some pretty expensive looking equipment on it. But I've never seen anyone go out there. Don't think they ever open it up.

Christy
03-09-2004, 12:45 PM
I think Bon Terre uses the outside patio for visits. You have to earn them. I could be wrong! Potosi has a patio, but the only thing out there is cans to be recycled! It would be nice to sit in the sun and visit!

J.Wright
03-09-2004, 01:15 PM
Bonne Terres patio can be used any time it is open. You have to sit across the table from each other but you can sit outside.

msveggie
03-09-2004, 02:27 PM
MECC in Pacific has a patio with picnic table to sit on if I remember correctly. Of the almost 6 years my son was there, I've never been out there. Haven't ever seen it open.

Crossroads has the very nice children's playground. Sex offenders aren't allowed to go out there. However I've never seen it open or used in the past year and a half that I'd been going there every week.

bex
03-09-2004, 06:17 PM
South Central (Licking) also has a brand new playground that we have seen open maybe twice in the last year. They say they don't have enough staff to open it. Another waste. Looks good on paper though.
bex

afriendincal
03-09-2004, 11:52 PM
Like I said I'm new to this and I live in California and before I fly over ther I mean to Missouri ( housing Unit 5 -c ) If that help I want to know. Will I be able to contact him like you mentioned or will I only be able to talk to him frmo across a table. I was approved back n September but I haven't received anything in the mail as to what I need to do to visit.

Yes I visit every week now with my son. And I've visited several facilites now. Each are slightly different from one another. Which facility are you looking at visiting?

All Missouri facilities have contact visits. They are not allowed to deny them of visits as a means of discipline. However if an inmate is in the hole for disciplinary measures they will be restricted to no-contact visits and they are limited to 2 hours. Other than that visits are typically from 9-2 or 3-8 at most facilities that don't offer all day visits.

My son has the 9-2 or 3-8 visiting schedule and you may only attend one per day. However by boyfriend has visits from 9am- 8pm on the weekends and you can stay the whole day. They also have extended hours for Thursday and Friday.

If you tell us which facility then we can get you more specific information.

All facilities have vending machines to purchase food and drinks. Most I believe have cards and games inmates can check out. Some facilities have TV's in the visiting rooms. And there are even some facilities that have outdoor visiting area, the patio. But I've yet to see one that utilizes them. What a waste. My boyfriends facility has a nice playground area with some pretty expensive looking equipment on it. But I've never seen anyone go out there. Don't think they ever open it up.

msveggie
03-10-2004, 12:04 AM
It doesn't matter which housing unit he is in. What we need to know is the name of the facility he is in. When you write to him you have to put the name of the facilty and the city on the envelope. This information would help us know which rules would apply to you. Like I said each facility is a little different.

afriendincal
03-10-2004, 12:09 AM
I spell out SECC Charleston Missouri. Does this help

It doesn't matter which housing unit he is in. What we need to know is the name of the facility he is in. When you write to him you have to put the name of the facilty and the city on the envelope. This information would help us know which rules would apply to you. Like I said each facility is a little different.

msveggie
03-10-2004, 02:04 PM
This is the information we need to help you. Now let's find out who visits at Charleston and see what they can tell you.

Alright all you Charleston visitors can you tell us what you know about the visiting conditions and rules at SECC? Do they have a patio there? How is the visiting room set up? How many tables and do you have to share a table? I believe that's a level 5 camp right? Some level 5's that I know of don't allow inmates to share tables. Can you sit next to one another or do you have to sit across the table?

Any info you can give this lady would be appreciated. That's a long trip to make without having any idea of what you're walking into. Your help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

msveggie
03-10-2004, 02:15 PM
afriendincal, you might want to PM these members as they have said their loved ones are in the same facility.

melskk

ROBERTSWIFE

varevalo

prettyfeet

Good luck to you on getting the information you need. If you want to find out who all has loved ones in the same facility then go to the thread that asks which facilty our loved ones are in. That's where I found these people.

marla hardy
03-31-2004, 03:10 PM
hello,
i am new at this and dont know if im doing this right but hope someone can help me.
i live in california and my loved one is incarcerated at the crossroads corectional center.i was approved for visitation and would like to go see him.my question is can anyone tell me if there is a airport close and if there is transportation from the airport to a close motel near the prison.also is there transportation to the prison? i thank anyone that can help me and hope i dont seam to stupid.thanks,marla

msveggie
03-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Hello Marla, and welcome to PTO. I have a loved one in Crossroads also.

The airport you will be coming in on is in Kansas City Missouri. It's name is Kansas City International Airport. However the airport code is MCI. Not sure why that is since we all call it KCI, but no one ever asked the locals.

I have a friend that travels from out of the country to visit a loved one at Crossroads also. I know you're reading this teb so can you help her out on the motel you typically stay at?

The airport is about an hour's drive from Cameron. My friend typically stays at the hotel and then gets a taxi to take him to the facility as it is just down the street a short ways from the facility. He says it cost only a couple of dollars for the taxi.

Now as for transportation to Cameron from the airport, not sure about that. A taxi would cost too much. A rental car is an option but then again they are expensive also. I'm not sure if there is bus service that comes into Cameron.

When are you going to make the trip? Why don't you instant message me and give me the details.

marla hardy
03-31-2004, 07:19 PM
please dont lol at me but how do i instant message you? thank you ,marla:)

msveggie
03-31-2004, 07:30 PM
On my post under these words you will see the following buttons you can click on
profile pm search buddy

Click on pm

Then you can type in your private message to me and send it.

marla hardy
04-01-2004, 08:41 PM
msveggie,
did you get my pms? marla

msveggie
04-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Yes, Marla, I got them and am getting ready to reply to them.

DonnyBaby
04-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Church Farm at Jefferson City also allows outside visits once the inmate has been there 6 months. Most of the time it is open. They also from what I understand allow all visits to be food visits and they don't count Thursday and Friday's against they visits. so they get 16 a month. But CF is a level 1-2 camp and only houses 700 inmates.

LouAswife
04-27-2004, 01:41 PM
I will give afriendincal some advice on visiting Charleston, since she has not received any info on how to visit, ie if she is on the visiting list her man may not want her to visit. Esp since she is traveling so far. Especially if he has the wife visiting...

msveggie
04-27-2004, 04:38 PM
I will give afriendincal some advice on visiting Charleston, since she has not received any info on how to visit, ie if she is on the visiting list her man may not want her to visit. Esp since she is traveling so far. Especially if he has the wife visiting...

Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing anything about afriendincal saying she wanted to visit a man that also had his wife visiting. I might be a bit slow on keeping up with every one.

But if you are going to see a man that has his wife on his visiting list than it would be difficult to be able to see him on the weekends as he wouldn't be able to list you as his significant other since a wife is considered that.

Before you travel that far you want to make sure of you visiting status and whether you are listed as a friend that can only visit on Thursday and Fridays or as something else that would allow you to visit on weekends too.

Also ladies, before traveling a great distance check out the food visits for the facility you are planning on visiting. If they have scheduled food visits (some do and some don't) then you want to be sure you will be allowed to visit before you make your arrangements to come in.

Ken
04-28-2004, 05:17 AM
Sorry for being so late in responding here...

A Cab or Bus from the airport to Cameron will cost you about $75.00 each way. A typical car rental for three days - pick up Friday and return on Sunday will cost you with gas about $75.00 so definitely the cheaper option overall - this is half the cost. (Note that the car rental does NOT include insurance so factor that in if you normally purchase insurance)

The Cab in Cameron is $3.00 per trip and I have found them pretty reliable and a good service. The only thing that I can say is I hate standing there at night waiting for the Cab to come and pick me up especially if they are busy... the prison does not like you standing around either - so if you can, book it ahead.

No with the Significant Other thing... I 'thought' that was an open designation that anyone could be given? I thought that it allowed the prisoner to designate say a cousin or someone else close but did not fit the immediate family requirement so that they could come in on weekends? I may be wrong when there is a wife involved, but I am not sure. If this is not possible then you will have to stick to Thrusday and Friday.

bex
04-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Yes, Teb - you are right. I am the wife, but my husband listed his best friend as "Significant Other" because Dave works through the week and would never have been able to visit. Dave has been several times on the weekends now, even shares visits with me sometimes!

bex

msveggie
04-28-2004, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sure the correct terminology is primary support. An inmate can designate a significant other and a primary support person. They can be two different individuals.

Originally I had applied as Primary Support person for my at the time fiance. However I was denied. Then they reworded this portion of the visitation policy and gave clearer definition to the terms primary support person and significant other. If a wife is involved than you may want to consider the primary support person to be designated as you. He will have to fill out the appropriate forms to do this.

afriendincal
05-03-2004, 01:22 AM
What should someone do if they are being accused of being someone they aren't because of a jealous wife with low self esteem? Should they ignore her because she needs pysh help? Why doesn't she trust her husband who is locked up. Does that make her crazy or just a loser? Does anyone have any suggestions for her?

melskk
05-03-2004, 12:49 PM
there is probably a reason she dont trust him maybe

LouAswife
05-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Or Maybe the wife is right and the looser is the one who has to try and take others husbands because they couldn't take care of their own man?
Really, just by that reply, the rehtoric lets me know who it really is.
And just keep on living your lie.

LouAswife
05-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Besides, why so angry if you aren't doing anything wrong? The Lord will judge those that tempt those to break a comandment. I know I can sleep at night.

msveggie
05-03-2004, 04:08 PM
In my opinion for what it is worth I feel that a husband and wife should put one another's needs first and foremost regardless of whether they feel the emotions behind the needs are ridiculous. If a spouse male or female expresses their uneasiness in a situation then it is his/her responsibility to do all in their power to ease the discomfort of their loved one.

It's hard to remain neutral when you are involved with a married couple. You will need to decide if your intentions are to encourage or destroy the union between the two people. If indeed you choose to do all in your power to help the marriage be a happy one then you may want to either remove yourself from the situation which is causing the problems between the two of them or get to know her and assure her you are not a threat to their marriage. Saying it once or twice will more than likely not do the trick. Actions speak louder than words. Perhaps you might want to explain why you value the relationship with her husband and ask her if there is anything you could do to make her feel at ease with this. By going to her and giving her the option of determining what she feels is acceptable and what is not and then respecting her wishes may be exactly what she needs to be able to accept your friendship with him. You may want to try to truly befriend her and boost her self esteem also.

I suspect that perhaps one thing that would make her more comfortable with the relationship is to include her on everything so she does not feel left out of the loop. In other words don't visit him without her presence. If you write to him you may want to consider writing the letters and addressing them to the both of them. As far as that goes you could even send the letters directly to her to then send them on to him after she has read the letter meant for the two of them.

As I said you must decide whether your underlying intentions is to encourage or destroy the marriage. Then figure out what you could possibly do the help enhance their relationship. If you don't then whether you realize it or not you are aiding in destroying it. Should you not care enough to eleviate the turmoil that you are personally involved in then you have made your decision.

By the way a married woman with low self esteem, has a husband that either does not know how or choses not to love his wife as he should. A woman's self esteem is directly related to the man in her life. Sure there are other factors that can boost our self esteem but only he can make her feel confident as a woman.

Again this is my opinion and I do not intend to offend anyone. Just trying to throw out another view on the table that may not have been considered previously. Wishing you all the best and happiness to the 3 of you. It would take some work but it is possible. I know this from experience.

LouAswife
05-03-2004, 05:37 PM
I guess, that Afriend in Cal has expressed to you that they are in fact involved more than they say they are?

msveggie
05-03-2004, 06:47 PM
I guess, that Afriend in Cal has expressed to you that they are in fact involved more than they say they are?

Hope I haven't given the wrong idea here. I don't know the particulars of this situation and my advice is strictly hypothetical since I don't know the details here. Just trying to say that this is my view of how I would go about things if jealousy were involved between a husband and wife of a friend regardless of whether male or female. Sometimes women can be a bit envious of the time a husband spends with his male friends as well as female friends. There is no implication that the friendship has any inappropriate emotions involved between the friends.

The advice I gave was directed towards the friend. However if I were the wife then I would not be passive in expressing my feelings. I think it would be beneficial for everyone to have an opportunity to tell the others how they feel. If the friend or the husband does not take the inititive to resolve the uncomfortableness the wife is experiencing then I'd tell the wife to lovingly approach the two of them individually and explain this is how I feel. Obviously she has or there would not be question by the friend about how to handle this. However in a calm voice reason with both of them. Tell the husband that this situation makes you uncomfortable. However if this friendship is that important to you then I want to be able to sit down together and come up with some boundaries that would be acceptable to both of us for any relationship we may have with those outside our marriage. He should understand that you are willing to put forth this effort because you love him. It would be far too easy to ask him to forsake the friendship. But you can acknowledge that in doing so it would hurt him to give up a true friend. And you don't want to hurt the man you love, right?

Then if possible approach the friend and explain that you realize his/her friendship is something your husband values and you want to be able to come to some agreement on boundaries that would be acceptable and make you comfortable with the relationship. She should understand and be happy to comply if she does not hold inappropriate feelings towards him. A friend wants what is in their friends best interest. Of course a happy marriage is always in the best interest of any couple. So if for no other reason than to make life easier and happier for him, the friend if this person were a true friend would certainly by glad to do all in his/her power to accomodate the wife's suggestions.

I'm sorry for all the confusion. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Seek His wisdom and you can not go wrong. God will be there if you call upon Him.

afriendincal
05-04-2004, 12:21 AM
I think everyone has me mistaken for someone who is trying to break up a marriage, but I have no intentions because my friend is marriade to my friend and I don't know who this person is or why she would be accusing me of something. I tried to explained but because she has issues with her husband from what I have read she's trying to get me involved.

Good Luck
In my opinion for what it is worth I feel that a husband and wife should put one another's needs first and foremost regardless of whether they feel the emotions behind the needs are ridiculous. If a spouse male or female expresses their uneasiness in a situation then it is his/her responsibility to do all in their power to ease the discomfort of their loved one.

It's hard to remain neutral when you are involved with a married couple. You will need to decide if your intentions are to encourage or destroy the union between the two people. If indeed you choose to do all in your power to help the marriage be a happy one then you may want to either remove yourself from the situation which is causing the problems between the two of them or get to know her and assure her you are not a threat to their marriage. Saying it once or twice will more than likely not do the trick. Actions speak louder than words. Perhaps you might want to explain why you value the relationship with her husband and ask her if there is anything you could do to make her feel at ease with this. By going to her and giving her the option of determining what she feels is acceptable and what is not and then respecting her wishes may be exactly what she needs to be able to accept your friendship with him. You may want to try to truly befriend her and boost her self esteem also.

I suspect that perhaps one thing that would make her more comfortable with the relationship is to include her on everything so she does not feel left out of the loop. In other words don't visit him without her presence. If you write to him you may want to consider writing the letters and addressing them to the both of them. As far as that goes you could even send the letters directly to her to then send them on to him after she has read the letter meant for the two of them.

As I said you must decide whether your underlying intentions is to encourage or destroy the marriage. Then figure out what you could possibly do the help enhance their relationship. If you don't then whether you realize it or not you are aiding in destroying it. Should you not care enough to eleviate the turmoil that you are personally involved in then you have made your decision.

By the way a married woman with low self esteem, has a husband that either does not know how or choses not to love his wife as he should. A woman's self esteem is directly related to the man in her life. Sure there are other factors that can boost our self esteem but only he can make her feel confident as a woman.

Again this is my opinion and I do not intend to offend anyone. Just trying to throw out another view on the table that may not have been considered previously. Wishing you all the best and happiness to the 3 of you. It would take some work but it is possible. I know this from experience.

afriendincal
05-04-2004, 12:30 AM
I don't remember mentioning I was going to visit a man I didn't already know was marriade. I do remember asking what the visitation was all about. Thank you for not judging me like this LouAswife has. She doesn't even know me and has accused me of going to see her husband. Who is her husband anyways? Why would someone want to go and see a marriade man without his wife by her side. I just was inquiring since my friend doesn't have internet and wanted me to go with her. I don't understand why everyone would assume I was trying to take someones man. I don't need to look for a man in prison. I'm not locked up or on lock down because my man doesn't trust me. Nothing against women who allow their men to run their lives from prison because they don't trust them.

Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing anything about afriendincal saying she wanted to visit a man that also had his wife visiting. I might be a bit slow on keeping up with every one.

But if you are going to see a man that has his wife on his visiting list than it would be difficult to be able to see him on the weekends as he wouldn't be able to list you as his significant other since a wife is considered that.

Before you travel that far you want to make sure of you visiting status and whether you are listed as a friend that can only visit on Thursday and Fridays or as something else that would allow you to visit on weekends too.

Also ladies, before traveling a great distance check out the food visits for the facility you are planning on visiting. If they have scheduled food visits (some do and some don't) then you want to be sure you will be allowed to visit before you make your arrangements to come in.

afriendincal
05-04-2004, 12:37 AM
I can understand your worries because of the drama you are experiencing, but why would you accuse someone you don't even know about wanting to visit your man. If you are marriade you should know exactly who your husband is in communication with. I tried to explain to you I was only inquiring for a friend who doesn't have the internet, but you assumed wrong. Maybe you should have more faith in your marriage. What involvement and who is your husband?
Do you not know how many men are in prison who have friends in California?

louise conrad 1
08-23-2004, 11:49 AM
In Bowling Green MO the food visits are different (I think) the months of June and December. You can not visit on the days that they have food visits. So becareful in those months if you are going to a visit there. This is for general population. If they are on honor they get a food visit anytime except June and December. They have the days posted in the visiting rooms.

xcooly50x
08-23-2004, 01:39 PM
thanks for the info,son isn't there but in a missouri facility,i wrote to him to get me the dates info on vising in december and food visit also

cooly

Cathykb
08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Can somebody guide me through the process of being admitted in to visit at ERDCC? What's the environment like? How long do you have to wait before they bring your inmate to you? Can I wear perfume? What kind of detectors do you have to go through?
I have a penpal who listed me as his significant other, but now I've also got another friend who just got moved there, and I'm wondering how to go about being able to visit both of them? What if I am put in charge of my friend's daughter...as her primary caretaker would that make a difference in me being able to see both inmates?
I'm very nervous about going to meet my penpal for the first time.
Oh yeah, I know that if someone is in the Hole they get a non-contact visit. Does that mean there is glass between you and you get a phone to talk to each other through or what?

Ken
08-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Cathykb,

I cannot answer all your questions but I can take a stab at a few - most of the Missouri facilities have similar rules....

Most of the prisons will bring your loved one to the visiting room as quickly as possible - if they are in the hole that is a different story - also if they have a job and they are at their job then it may take longer - in general count on 20 - 30 minutes. You can wear perfume - I would go 'light' on it however and depending on the type of prescreening you go through make sure it is under your clothing and in a place where (if you have to do the paper disc drug screening) you will not be rubbing on your skin. I am not sure what they have where you are speaking of - some have the drug screening where you wipe your skin and clothes with a paper disc and they analyze that and some have a detector that you walk into and it puffs air on you and the air is analyzed for drugs. I cannot answer your question about visiting two separate inmates in the same facility without knowing more - it will depend on your relationship and how you are listed on the visiting list. I would think however that you would have to visit on separate occasions. Generally speaking - if the inmate is in the hole and the visit is 'non-contact' then YES - that means glass between you and yes, you are talking on a phone. I don't know about all the facilities, but in the one I visit if you are non contact your conversation on the phone can be recorded and listened to live. You are also possibly on camera. So - don't think that you are alone in that booth!

Dee Dee
11-11-2004, 11:28 PM
I wish this were true.They have no incentive programs at moberly to earn back visits that have been restricted.And they are taking away contact visits for violations unrelated to visiting room rules.My fiance has his contact visits suspended for 1 yr and just got another 6 months added on.For violations that have nothing to do with visits in any way shape or form.Under Misc. on this page it states that this would no longer be used as disciplinary sanction.And that limited no-contact visits would be imposed if visiting rules were violated.I cant understand why they would take someones contact visits away if the inmate is not in the hole and did nothing at all wrong on a visit..But they told me they can suspend contact visits for conduct violations unrelated to visits.According to this site you've posted they cant, But they have..And Ive been trying to get answers with no luck at all..

xcooly50x
11-20-2004, 08:06 AM
December 17th is food visit for potosi,no visiting that day if anyone was planning on that day to visit.

jessicawulf
07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
More information can be found on visiting at the following site.

http://www.corrections.state.mo.us/division/constser/family.htm#VISITING

I believe this is the latest publication for Friends and Family that is on the internet.
Thanks so much for including the above link with your post. It has been very helpful answering all of my questions!

:)