View Full Version : Warden Culliver

Companionate
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Okay has anyone heard that Culliver got a promotion and is leaving Nov 2nd? I just got a letter from my friend but I think he's mistaken. If that was the case I am pretty sure I there would have been something said here I know he has so many fans :rolleyes:

sweetnina
10-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Its true, Culliver will leave at November 2nd.
They still dont know who will take his place. Let us hope for a good change.

lisainengland
10-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Wow brilliant news. Lets hope for a good one next time

Lysbeth
10-16-2009, 01:36 PM
They still dont know who will take his place. Let us hope for a good change.

Is he being promoted within ADOC or going elsewhere? Just wondered.

Companionate
10-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Considering that Culliver worked his way up from CO to Warden I doubt he is leaving the doc just yet. He's probably lose a lot of retirement funds.

aba
10-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi...this is a question out of curiousity and naivety....I've seen the Lockup shows about Holman and Warden Culliver. I've never been to prison so I don't know the reality of prison life or life in Holman but I do believe to some degree they probably sensationalize his 'sensitive and caring' side for the sake of good TV. I thought that was evident by showing the footage of him coaching the kids basketball team. However....

My intuition did tell me that this seems to be a man who is fair and who tried to make his institution safer and give inmates some more opportunities to use their time productively. Especially for the one's who are never going home and have nothing to lose. I was touched when he spoke with one inmate's mom and when he was trying to get the diabetic inmate to take his insulin shot. I know I may be naive, and I'm sure there are people with loved one's in his facility that feel bitterness towards him. But the overall impression I got of Mr. Culliver was that he was 'strict but fair.' Again I may be naive....for those who know, what is the difference between reality and what was shown on MSNBC, if one exists at all? Thanks for entertaining by curiosity. I offer my sincere best wishes to all those with loved ones in Holman, Alabama.

Lysbeth
10-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Considering that Culliver worked his way up from CO to Warden I doubt he is leaving the doc just yet. He's probably lose a lot of retirement funds.

Yeah, I don't doubt that, I just wondered if anyone knew the specifics.

I'd guess he's probably going to Montgomery, as most "promoted" wardens do unless they're semi-retiring.

LadyLuck523
10-18-2009, 12:48 AM
I called to check on my husband on friday and spoke with assistant warden Bishop and he said Culliver was leaving and he was going to the commissioners office.

sweetnina
10-18-2009, 03:42 AM
I am not very interested in where he is going to or what he will do now, I am more interested in who will come after him.
aba in elpaso,
yes, there are worlds between TV shows and the reality.
Death Row lost half of the visitation days PLUS half of the visitation hours for NO reason, and I cant see any humanity or FAIRNESS in it. Whats fair in taking away these few hours from inmates AND families who are already limited in together-time, because the execution is waiting for them?
Whats fair in that?
Let us hope for a new warden who is fair and more human even to death row inmates and their families. We already have to suffer enough.

aba
10-18-2009, 12:01 PM
thanks for sharing your point of view. as i posted above, i was just curious.

sweetnina
10-18-2009, 12:32 PM
You are welcome, nothing wrong in that.

Lysbeth
10-18-2009, 03:43 PM
I called to check on my husband on friday and spoke with assistant warden Bishop and he said Culliver was leaving and he was going to the commissioners office.

Thanks LL. I kind of expected that was probably the case.

kathryn42
10-20-2009, 06:01 AM
warden patterson is taking his place ...straight from my man who has been there 27 years

joyfulflower
10-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Any infos about this Patterson?

kathryn42
10-21-2009, 07:30 AM
my man says that patterson is good and listens to the inmates instead of blowing them off like gulliver...but anyhow it has to be better than it is now...

lisainengland
11-16-2009, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the info on the new warden. Lets hope he will listen to the death row inmates and make some changes.....especially to the visiting.

~rossi~
01-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Does anyone else have a loved one on death row at Holman? Just looking for someone who is going through the same thing I am...It gets tough at times!

jlgnjdg831
03-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Okay has anyone heard that Culliver got a promotion and is leaving Nov 2nd? I just got a letter from my friend but I think he's mistaken. If that was the case I am pretty sure I there would have been something said here I know he has so many fans :rolleyes:

Yes he is gone.... I have friends at Holman and he did get a promotion

jlgnjdg831
03-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the info on the new warden. Lets hope he will listen to the death row inmates and make some changes.....especially to the visiting.

I think they are trying to get every friday visits back for them on death row

lisainengland
03-10-2010, 12:31 PM
We set up a petition last year to try and get their visits back to normal. So far nothing has changed, the visiting yard is still as crowded as before. But the new warden and captain do seem to be trying.

MzBrazilville38
04-08-2010, 01:01 AM
They still dont know who will take his place. Let us hope for a good change. The New Warden name is Patterson right now it like hell
in holeman cause he still learn the rope in there am prayer for a Big Change

MzBrazilville38
04-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Does anyone else have a loved one on death row at Holman? Just looking for someone who is going through the same thing I am...It gets tough at times! Hello I have a Husband in holeman but not on death row my husband be lock down for a 11 year I pray some day it hard and sometime I cry cause I miss my Husband and He will his daughter Graduation day Am going to pray for peace for you :)

Russia12
11-21-2013, 08:53 PM
I do my partner its very hard for me