View Full Version : Need Help Writing A letter to Warden at KVSP to get suspended visits back

WATTS_31601
01-22-2010, 06:10 PM
the reason for the letter is to get my visits back with my hubby. i was suspended for 3 years for excessive contact lewd conduct etc court order,

so in order for me to get my visits back i need to write a letter to warden asking him for permission to go back to the prison. can someone guide me on how to write a professional letter....

PTO-110524
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
the reason for the letter is to get my visits back with my hubby. i was suspended for 3 years for excessive contact lewd conduct etc court order,

so in order for me to get my visits back i need to write a letter to warden asking him for permission to go back to the prison. can someone guide me on how to write a professional letter....

I don't think it has to be long or elaborate. Just give the date and reason for the suspension (include copies of any paperwork you got and any your husband got) and express remorse for breaking the rules and promise you will not do so ever again.

You should also get a letter from your husband expressing the same thing.

I think they might put you on glass visits for a bit before they allow contact visits again. 3 years is the longest suspension I've heard of. Must have been rough not seeing him - even through glass - for that long.

Hope you get a positive response.

Kelly Harrington, Warden
Kern Valley State Prison
PO Box 6000
Delano, CA 93216-6000

WATTS_31601
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
I honestly don't even know how to star the letter can you please give me a start i wouldd really appreciated.

pj663
01-27-2010, 02:36 PM

Hello Watts,

Unless this is your third time being involved for excessive contact then you can't be suspended for three years. I lost my visits for one year due to what calipat deemed as excessive contact. 1 year later I found out that the most that they could suspend my visits for the 1st offense is up to 6months. 2nd time is up to 1 year and the third time exclusion from visting altogther. If this is your first time then 6 months is the most that they can supsend you its in the title 15 and it was passed last year in October 2009. Below are the new rules and, When you write the warden be sure as to include the regulations so that they know that you are aware of your rights. You can always pm should you have further questions:)

New Subsection 3176(c)(3) is adopted to read:
(3) Visitors who participate in Sexual Activity in a visiting room may have their access to the
visiting program suspended for up to 6 months. A second violation may result in a suspension of up
to one year. A third or subsequent violation may result in exclusion.

Sexual Activity means any behavior of a sexual nature between an inmate and a visitor including,
but not limited to:
(1) Sexual intercourse, oral copulation, or masturbation.
(2) The rubbing or touching of breast(s), buttock(s) or sexual organ(s) for the purpose of arousing,
appealing to, or gratifying lust, passions, or sexual desires.
(3) Exposure of breast(s), buttocks or sexual organ(s) for the purpose of arousing, appealing to, or
gratifying lust, passions, or sexual desires.

CCWFer Friend
01-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I hate to ask the question but I have been disapproved visits with mine over kid stuff in my past. I have been hoping that they will reverse it and allow me. If you were cited for cause for excessive contact... forgetting the door prize that you got did they have a point and were you surprised when the visit involved ended or did they jump at something too quick? It has been a situation of not getting to see her at all since she has been there, so has me afraid to do more than greet her like a business contact if they do let me see her. How careful do I need to be?

pj663
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Every Prison is diffrent but the basic rules is a brief kiss and embrace at the begining and end. You can hold hands at the table ( Visable). That's about it. You shouldnt have any problems if you leave the extra's out it's not worth the hassle or the loss of visits.

WATTS_31601
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
fyi....IT WAS MY FIRST TIME BUT THE COURT ORDER THIS 3 YEARS NOT THE PRISON ....Hello Watts,

Unless this is your third time being involved for excessive contact then you can't be suspended for three years. I lost my visits for one year due to what calipat deemed as excessive contact. 1 year later I found out that the most that they could suspend my visits for the 1st offense is up to 6months. 2nd time is up to 1 year and the third time exclusion from visting altogther. If this is your first time then 6 months is the most that they can supsend you its in the title 15 and it was passed last year in October 2009. Below are the new rules and, When you write the warden be sure as to include the regulations so that they know that you are aware of your rights. You can always pm should you have further questions:)

New Subsection 3176(c)(3) is adopted to read:
(3) Visitors who participate in Sexual Activity in a visiting room may have their access to the
visiting program suspended for up to 6 months. A second violation may result in a suspension of up
to one year. A third or subsequent violation may result in exclusion.

Sexual Activity means any behavior of a sexual nature between an inmate and a visitor including,
but not limited to:
(1) Sexual intercourse, oral copulation, or masturbation.
(2) The rubbing or touching of breast(s), buttock(s) or sexual organ(s) for the purpose of arousing,
appealing to, or gratifying lust, passions, or sexual desires.
(3) Exposure of breast(s), buttocks or sexual organ(s) for the purpose of arousing, appealing to, or
gratifying lust, passions, or sexual desires.

pj663
02-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Is this a diffrent case?

D4C
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't understand what you mean by "Court Order". How is there a court order restricting your visits? The only court order that I can think that would restrict visits would be a restraining order. I've never heard of a court getting involved with a visiting suspension for lewd conduct, but I suppose there is a first time for everything. Maybe if you could explain a little better we could help you more.

WATTS_31601
02-02-2010, 01:31 PM
When i got arrested i had to go back to court and the court gave me 3 years summary probation with a stay away from prison grounds.......

i don't understand what you mean by "court order". How is there a court order restricting your visits? The only court order that i can think that would restrict visits would be a restraining order. I've never heard of a court getting involved with a visiting suspension for lewd conduct, but i suppose there is a first time for everything. Maybe if you could explain a little better we could help you more.

pj663
02-02-2010, 01:42 PM
If the courts given you a order to stay away then it's nothing the Warden can do to override that. When requesting to visit a inmate they will do a back ground check and I'm sure that court order will pop up and they will deny you. So unless you appear in courts to possibley get it dismissed then you will more then likely have to ride it out:(

D4C
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
If you were arrested then it went waaayyy beyond excessive contact... but like PJ said, if there is a stay away order then the warden can't do anything about it. You would need to go back to the court that ordered it and ask them to remove it.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Wow..sounds like a whole different oprah...not just excessive contact. Has it been three years yet?

D4C
02-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Ok, I went back and read some of her previous posts and what I got from it was that the incident originally happened in december of 2006, so that would mean that the three years is over.

WATTS, what you need to do now is get a new visiting form and fill it out completely (make sure to put all arrests even the one that happened there) then write a letter to the warden explaining that there is no longer a stay away order and that you are truley sorry for breaking their rules and that you will not break any rules in the future, and that you would like your visiting privilages back. Then send the visiting app and the letter to the warden. If he denys you there are other avenues so don't get discouraged!!!! Just think positive!!!! Good Luck!!!!!

Mrs.760
02-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Im so confused. So Were you arrested due to the incident at the prison? If that is the case did the prison themselves ban your contact for any period of time or was it just Kern County courts desicion?

pj663
02-10-2010, 11:42 AM
If the courts given her orders to stay away and it's been three years she would still have to go back to the courts to request something in writing stating that it's completed. The warden/prison will ask for documents supporting that the stay away order is clear. Once she obtain that then she can proceed to fill out a new visit form include the documents from the courts and humbley ask for her visits back.

WATTS_31601
02-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes i was arrested for that incident in court and the court gave me the 3 years summary probation and 3 years to stay away from prison ground the prison if am not mistaking only like 6 months ....
im so confused. So were you arrested due to the incident at the prison? If that is the case did the prison themselves ban your contact for any period of time or was it just kern county courts desicion?

Mrs.Taylor
05-25-2010, 04:32 AM
My hubz and I just had our 1st Fam.Visit @ CCI. Was great...til I was informed that my visit status was suspended due to exchange of (SIMILAR) property ....? Both myself and my husband were dumbfounded, never have we been repremanded, let alone suspended due to a visiting violation. in the 3.7yrs,in which I have missed maybe 4 days total. ....this was an apparent/honest mistake....not intended with malice/nor criminal intent. My husband and I rely on our visits (regular or FV) as a means to preserve our interpersonal connection and as a support tool in coping with the seperation of spouse.. any pointers on how to go about writing an appeal letter to warden?

Many Thanks

pj663
05-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Mrs. Taylor if you can give a little more information I can help you put togther a letter:)