View Full Version : Looking for info on West TN State Penitentiary

imissmylove
03-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know anything about WTSP I just checked to see if my man had been moved yet and he has to there. Any information about it will be appreciated. And about the phone calls I guess it will take awhile for them to call. Does anyone also know how far WTSP is from Whiteville?

Does anyone know anything about that place like what it looks like or anything?

CINDYinIN
03-25-2004, 03:14 PM
West Tennessee is pretty big and seems cleaner than some other places. The guards that I've seen at visitation are OK--not too strict. The visiting room is really big. It sort of reminds me of an airplane terminal in a way. The phones are operated by Global Tel Link. The calls are more expensive (at least for me in Indiana) than Evercom. You can set up a prepaid account with them, but it usually takes a very long time to get through to them. I'm not sure how far WTSP is from Whiteville--sorry. My brother just moved from West Tenn to Whiteville 10 days ago, so I was really suprised to hear that they moved your guy from Whiteville to West High. Don't they have anything better to do than to keep those guys on the move? Good luck to you. I hope things work out for the best.

danielle
03-25-2004, 04:27 PM
I know where and about the prison in Clifton, TN. Is that the same one??

imissmylove
03-25-2004, 07:59 PM
I think West tenn. State pen is in Henning, tn not sure.

imissmylove
03-25-2004, 09:57 PM
It doesn't look like they do have anything better to do than move guys. Well I had my mom call a few minutes ago and they said they wasn't able to give any information about the inmate after dark, she'll have to call during the day. She told her it was 100 miles away from whiteville about 2 and half hours. And if we drive all the way down there which will take 10 hours we only get a 2 and half hour visit no matter how far we drive can you believe that? I'm going to see if I can have him moved closer to his family forget this stuff. Although he does get out in July but I have to go all the way down there and pick him up, he can be moved and there going to do it. :argh issed Man oh Man when you think things go good they go bad fast. I hope its not going to be more than evercom was in whiteville....down there it cost me $6.40 for a 30 minute phone call. Please don't let it be higher than that.

Pammie55us
03-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Becky check your pms....I sent ya a pm to tell ya some about WTSP....It's not that far from Whiteville...It's on the other side of I-40...it's close to Covington...Love ya Pam

SeaRedT
04-02-2004, 04:40 PM
My son is in WTSP. The first thing your man has to do is put you on his visiting list. Then send you an application which you fill out with a picture, send back, and wait to be approved. Depending on which site he is at depends on the visiting day. It alternates between Sat. on one week , and Sun. the next. Hours are around 8:30-3:00. You can not wear ANYTHING gray colored. The phone # is 901-738-5044. I don't know where Whiteville is, but WTSP is in Henning, TN. which is right outside of Memphis. Hope this helps. About the phone, have your man put your phone number on his phone list, then you call Global Tel-Link to sign up. The # is1-877-650-4249. You send them a postal money order or use your credit card and it's a lot cheaper for phone calls. God BlessDoes anyone know anything about WTSP I just checked to see if my man had been moved yet and he has to there. Any information about it will be appreciated. And about the phone calls I guess it will take awhile for them to call. Does anyone also know how far WTSP is from Whiteville?

Does anyone know anything about that place like what it looks like or anything?

imissmylove
04-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks SeaRedT I appreciate the information. That helps out alot. He put me on his phone list and I got to talk to him. I don't think they mentioned anything about pre-paying or anything like that. But the phone calls are like $2.06 for the first minute and .12 the rest which I get to talk to him 30 min. So the phone calls from there are alittle cheaper than what they were in Whiteville. I really appreciate all the information you have given me that helps out alot. Thanks so much. God bless you sweetie.

MissingScottTN
04-02-2004, 11:29 PM
Yeah i live in Memphis and WTSP is only like 30 minutes north of me. I know that the phone calls are pretty expensive at Globel Tel will give you the runaround on a phone cad...so be patient with that. I sent my visitation form in awhile back but havent gotten anything verifying it yet. So they are kinda slow i guess. There are TONS of drugs there as there are in many prisons and of course a lot of gangs. The only thing good in there is the chapel/ bible study programs..depending on your beliefs. Scott has gotten really involved in that and loves it. He will be moved Thursday to the work annex and he starts his good time, so im not really sure whats next after that. I know we will get really leniant visits supposively. I'd make sure he knew to mind his own bussiness and try to stay away from the gangs and especially the drugs. Thank goodness its better than Whiteville though. ((((hugs)))) good luck to him and he will be in my prayers.

trababy18
11-08-2004, 02:31 AM
i aint heard much about the drug ordeal except my boyfriend told me that they offers it to him and he was like naw and they left it at that they wasnt peirpressuring the situation so that is a good thing i guess.... good luck and best wishes to all

sittin&waitin
11-09-2004, 01:07 PM
My man is in WTSP. It is a big place but I have never had any trouble when I went to see my man. The guards have always been very polite. We usually don't have any problems at visitation, unless you are short and try to sit on your feet in the chair, then they get a little weird. lol. I always give me man a kiss and a hug when he first comes into the room and then we hold hands the entire time I am there. We don't take our eyes off each other. The guards usually stay at there assigned areas during our visit which makes it nice because I hate someone walking around me when I am in a private conversation with my man.

All in all WTSP isn't a bad place (for a prison). The grounds are clean and the facility itself seems well maintained.

mrs.allen37
02-18-2014, 08:43 PM
is wtsp on lockdown now

mrs.allen37
02-18-2014, 08:50 PM
is wtsp on lockdown