View Full Version : Use this link to find Employment Resources for Ex-Offenders in ALL States

Cameo
04-09-2004, 07:40 AM
http://www.acinet.org/acinet/crl/library_search.aspx?Keyword=ex-offender&radioChoice=ALL (http://www.acinet.org/acinet/library.asp?category=5.3&stfips=#5.3.2)

Click on Ex-Offender Assistance...Please post feed-back here on how this works and if the information and assistance is helpful. IF it is, please send a link and the information to the states forum moderator here at PTO or if there is not a moderator for that state, please send it to any staff. They will then include it in a sticky for that States resources for ex-offender resources/employment!

Thanks

Pam
PTO Administrator

Ken
04-09-2004, 07:48 AM
Brilliant! Thanks Pammie! I have this in my favorites now!!!

Sherry
04-09-2004, 07:59 AM
Awesome info, Pam!! Thanks!

mamawen
04-16-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm so sad, there was no link for California. :(
Wendy

http://www.acinet.org/acinet/library.asp?category=5.3&stfips=#5.3.2

Click on Ex-Offender Assistance...Please post feed-back here on how this works and if the information and assistance is helpful. IF it is, please send a link and the information to the states forum moderator here at PTO or if there is not a moderator for that state, please send it to any staff. They will then include it in a sticky for that States resources for ex-offender resources/employment!

Thanks

Pam
PTO Administrator

LuvandLaughs
04-21-2004, 11:16 AM
No link for California :(

countrys_guirl
04-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Oh how awesome! Thanks a million!!!
JC

LBoogie0810
05-23-2004, 12:04 AM
thanks so much for this info! Bless you!

okie55
05-23-2004, 10:48 PM
That is fine, but Oklahoma has another website of resources for ex-offenders which should be very helpful. Log in to my signature website. okie55

Vangieh
06-07-2004, 02:54 AM
Does the state link work for Federal prisoners also?

softheart
06-07-2004, 03:45 AM
Pammie here is the thread direct to the hire network, this one seems to give it for all the states. I have snet this link to many over the months, but have never heard back how it worked.

http://www.hirenetwork.org/resource.html You click on resources and then your state on the map.

softie

billiar130
06-19-2004, 09:04 PM
Thank you so much for the information!! Very Helpful! (Ohio)

CET
07-03-2004, 05:29 PM
I"m glad that it is in CA also!
http://www.hirenetwork.org/admin/clearinghouse.php?state_id=CA
I was just talking to T and told him to get an email address, and use it at the library, so I can send him information and just keep in contact with him.

MsChiku
07-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Thanks a million!! (((PammieK))) :thumbsup:

Manzanita
07-13-2004, 10:08 AM
HIRE has for every state!

chuysruca
07-26-2004, 04:50 PM
This was exactly the info I needed at this point in time. My very first pen pal (known him since 1998) is getting out in 7 months and just today wrote saying how scared he was about finding employment and housing. Thanks a bunch.

Manzanita
08-09-2004, 11:09 PM
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=690941#post690941

come and stop by NY and read through an updated list of links!!! not just for NY...and a lot of employment links!

Alexandra25
09-17-2004, 01:04 PM

Thanks

PTO Administrator
:new: to this website,
Although I am looking for assistance for ex-felons to gain employment, I haven't found anything that would help for my husband who resides in Louisiana. He has tried every employment program to obtain employment, yet they have turned him down. He has identification, but needs help with an emplyment/assistance program to help him point in the direction to go. Any information is greatly needed. Louisiana is a hard state that only has assistance for women with kids, not for any males, even with kids! Please reply back I would be greatly appreciated. Thank you (Im Alexandra by the way...)

butterfly24
10-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Hello,

I am new here and searching for information for my father who has been recently released and has found that no one wants to hire him.

There is a site called www.paidsurveyjobs.com (http://www.paidsurveyjobs.com) that you can use to make some extra money and as far I as remember they do not ask about a record at all. I am a college student and decided to use this for extra money.

I want to stress that some sites advertise that they will sell you a list of companies for around 29.95 and you DO NOT need to pay for this, just do alittle internet searching and you can find them.

This site lists most of them and adds new ones frequently they also try to delete sites that never send surveys but simply sent people advertising.

Like everything else there is good along with the bad.

But, this might help some of you. I made some extra cash using this and if you sign up for the newsletter they will send the newest companies and also tips on the bad ones!

Please don't use the ones that ask for money it is a waste I know people who have paid and my dad is tempted to pay thinking he will get more surveys and it does not work out it is the same information that you get for free!!!!!!:p

Take Care!

oceancove
10-25-2004, 01:38 PM

Thanks

Pam
PTO Administrator
Figures there is no assistance listed for california?

Jeanne:angry:

randyrg
11-17-2004, 02:34 PM
Hello I'm new to this site. I've been out for 3 years and I now live in New York. I have a new family and I really need to find work here. We are close to being on the street and I cannot let this happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks Randyrg

Zoppe
02-07-2005, 04:18 PM
Iím new to this sight and I have to say that Iím glade I have stumbled across it. I am just starting my legal battle and, although I pride myself on being the strong one, this has got me to the brink. My wife, friends and family have each vowed to stand by me through the end and are even making plans to move into my house and help with my wife & baby if I have to go away. Whatís killing me is the thought of not being able to provide for my family. College educated with an MBA and years of training in logistics (all types). As an ex-felon, can I count on being the most educated 33 year old at McDonalds?

butterfly24
04-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Hello,

I search this site trying to help out my dad and look for ideas. The only thing that has worked well for him since his release is using temp agencies to get permant jobs.

Temp agencies don't check records

take care:thumbsup:

Manzanita
04-23-2005, 01:58 PM
But for temp agencies, what kind of work? admin work?

ItsMichelle
05-08-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, it may not be much of a job to some, but if you are more interested in supporting yourself and your family, Sonic Drive-In hires people from halfway houses and ex cons and they don't care at all! :D

38special
05-08-2005, 12:30 AM
Pam,
Glad that you are still helping others while you work so dligently for PTO. Smiles, 38 Special

Mrz.Williams
05-25-2005, 12:02 AM
thanks pammie and softheart for the wonderful info!!!

DbRoberts
06-16-2005, 01:52 PM
www.changinlives.org (http://www.changinlives.org)

stillhuman333
06-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Thank you this is truly a blessing!!!!!:D

Awesome info, Pam!! Thanks!

londonlimey
06-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you....!

San Diego Mom
06-22-2005, 11:50 AM
Thank you so much for the information

butterfly24
07-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Hello guys,

My dad is doing OK with www.paidsurveyjobs.com (http://www.paidsurveyjobs.com) it is extra money anyway!

But, he has started some side jobs and and may be soon to leave his low paying labor job to start his own business! So, don't just look for a job think creatively and don't forget to thinkj about starting your own!

southerntwang
07-30-2005, 08:43 PM
I looked up this link and california has no resourse for ex- offenders. I am a fellon living in California. Therefore I think you should chaneg the title, "all" is not aplicable

ihttp://www.acinet.org/acinet/library.asp?category=5.3&stfips=#5.3.2

Thanks

Pam
PTO Administrator

ShaunsMom
01-03-2006, 11:23 AM
:( The thread for Michigan is no longer valid......

hdfxstc96
01-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the lead to the web page for assistance in gaining employment. I checked both Colorado and Wyoming. :)

Crone
01-09-2006, 06:03 AM
I looked up this link and california has no resourse for ex- offenders. I am a fellon living in California. Therefore I think you should chaneg the title, "all" is not aplicable

i

Actually, if you go to H.I.R.E.'s link http://www.hirenetwork.org/resource.html that was provided by someone else it does provide information for California. Good luck!

momma funk
01-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Thank a million. i was told about this information but never was able to find it until now. I know that it will be very useful in the future. now that i have it i can become familar with the info.

moonwalkersmom
03-21-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the info.
My son just got home and all help is needed.
Thanks again

tellmemore
03-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I have emailed everyone that I thought could help from the HIRE web site and only received one response, with an offer of 5.15 per hr. I know thats a start but realistically for me, I am 45 years old with a mortgage and other bills and I just couldn't see me working for that. It would just cover my transportation.

tellmemore
03-29-2006, 11:54 AM
I have emailed everyone that I thought could help from the HIRE web site and only received one response, with an offer of 5.15 per hr. I know thats a start but realistically for me, I am 45 years old with a mortgage and other bills and I just couldn't see me working for that. It would just cover my transportation.I'm not looking for a hand out, just a hand up.

sisco613730
03-29-2006, 02:19 PM
:mad: I've been out an year come this May and haven't been able to find a job in which I can support myself more less my family! Posted resume' and received sevral hits only to be turned down b/c of my record( which isn't really that bad?) Is there any help out there for someone with skills and a desire to changed their life for the betterment of all those that still have faith and love for him?

sisco613730:idea: :new:

sisco613730
03-29-2006, 02:20 PM
:mad: I've been out an year come this May and haven't been able to find a job in which I can support myself more less my family! Posted resume' and received sevral hits only to be turned down b/c of my record( which isn't really that bad?) Is there any help out there for someone with skills and a desire to changed their life for the betterment of all those that still have faith and love for him?

sisco613730:idea: :new:

tellmemore
03-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Hey Sisco seems like we're both in the same situation, both unemployed in Philly. I have my daughter and son-in-law living with me to pay my bills until I can find a job. I've been out since Sept. been on interviews and always told about my felony and never get the job.

Mari999
04-02-2006, 10:43 PM
The first thing to do is to get your records expunged. Otherwise, you'd be like me very unemployed!

Mari999
04-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I've got some info for anyone in Florida that you may be able to use!!!!!!!!

WOTC "Work Opportunity Tax Credit" is an incentive to private, for profit employers to hire individuals from certain targeted groups. We are one of the targeted groups...convicted felons. This is beneficial when applying for jobs at small to medium size companies that maybe they are not aware. At least it should help some...I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djchitown
05-21-2006, 02:52 PM
If you are getting out of prison or just someone who needs help with whatever, be sure to contact www.saferfoundation.org They provide job training, resume and interviewing help, and everything an ex-offender needs.

toosies love
08-20-2006, 09:45 PM
this helped alot thanks

Jerseywife
09-13-2006, 10:54 AM
My husband has been home for 3 years and has had a difficult time finding work. he is a tier 2 offender with 2 felony counts. Does anyone know of any organization that can aid us in him finding work? He is 31 and can do anything...from mechanics to electrical. We just want to have a normal life.

kekegaither
10-01-2006, 12:10 PM
hello well i went on there and i dont see where u go to get to the ex offender assistance

FriscoLady
10-01-2006, 06:52 PM
Here is a link that was just sent to me.

http://www.dol.gov/cfbci/Ready4Work.htm

Patti

Fox
11-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Just what we needed. Thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

acceptin it
07-02-2007, 05:43 PM
This is a great site! I haven't done anything except print the pages out, but there's so much hope on these papers! My man is a little nervous about finding a job, but with all of these resources, it shouldn't be a problem. So I thank you for bringing my attention to this link!

ESpecials07
07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
I would like to see a specific website/sites where I can go look for employment, instead of seaching around and getting lost, can anyone help?

ESpecials07
07-06-2007, 10:50 PM
I am trying to look for jobs for someone with little time left. Is there a site like monster or careerbuilder for ex-offenders?:confused:

Iniki
07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
No link for California :(
http://www.caljobs.ca.gov/

Try this.

CJ1964
07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
Hey I clicked on that link BUT I can NOT find where it says Ex-Offender Assistance

CJ1964
07-15-2007, 04:39 PM
I found it............. I had to first of all click where it said Please go to the new Career Resource Library (http://www.acinet.org/acinet/crl/library.aspx?Catid=474) and update your bookmarks. ..... and then I had to click on my state, which is OHIO

I'm sure the site will be very helpful....

THANK YOU ! :)

halfwayfree
01-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I am in Greensburg Pa and there is no opportunities for ex cons. Pittsburgh is close to this city and does anyone have any information concerning women ex offenders?

diamond713
01-21-2008, 11:41 PM
This Rocks!!! The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

keatonivw
02-28-2008, 05:11 PM
i am in the hampton virginia area. I am in need of resiurces for employment for ex offenders..thanks

CREEPER'zWiFEY
03-27-2008, 10:59 AM
my husband just got out and i trying to find him a job either in orange county or la county can anyone help. the agencies arent giving him anythinG!

PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME

Fairytale Love
07-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Everyone Thank you so very much for the info, yall are all so wonderful again Thank You

canyouhelpme
08-14-2008, 11:33 AM
my fionce recently just got out and he has been working so hard to find a job but no luck dose any one know of any program or website that can help us we are located in stockton san juaquin valley if you guys can please help us you can send information to my email at *email removed per policy, please use PM system* thank you so much

Jersey Girl
09-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I live in New Jersey and have never served time in jail. I was convicted for Theft by Deception for working and collecting a welfare check. I am a single mother and was just trying to make ends meet I had a job making minimum wage this was back in 1996. I made $525 a hour and collected $422 a month for me and 2 children. I was not convicted until 2002 and served two years probation. Since then I have not been in any trouble and before 9/11 I had many jobs working in the financial industry. After being laid off I can not find a job. I have a Associates Degree in Computers and working on a BA degree on line. I have tried everything from being honest to not divuldging my record and no one will hire me. I am afraid of be coming homeless and do not know what to do. Can someone please help. I live in NJ I have called the parole board and they refer me to NJ One Stop Center. NJ has a bonding program and will even pay half my salary for 6 months. I never get to tell anyone my plight because I do not get the chance for a interview. I am getting hopeless. All I want to do is to work to take care of my family.

JodyAnnShaw
11-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I have a friend that just got out of prison in June of this year. As part of his probation, he's supposed to have 'steady employment', but has not been able to find a job. I know he has even been turned down by 2 fast food places. Come on, my boy can't even be hired to flip a burger!!!

Anyway... does anyone have any info of finding employment in NC? He lives in Maiden, if that helps.

jillian42
11-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Check for Goodwill Industries in your area. Goodwill will train and help with job placement for ex offenders. Check also with your local churches and ministries for leads. United Way may have leads and also Easter Seals.

knd2008
03-11-2009, 07:36 AM
I guess I've lost my ability to understand web sites. I went to the address given and clicked on the two available for Missouri. One was only for the St. Louis and Kansas City areas, I'm in S.E. MO, and the other I dug and dug and dug around, not finding anything for ex-offenders at all. :( I may not be clicking on the right links. Most of this stuff is very confusing to me. However, I DID manage to find the job services site for MO and got my info in on it. Maybe I'll find work that way. We'll see.:o

tia240
04-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Check for Goodwill Industries in your area. Goodwill will train and help with job placement for ex offenders. Check also with your local churches and ministries for leads. United Way may have leads and also Easter Seals.
=========================

I just came across you post - I had a very eye opening experience with Goodwill industries. I had a first & second job interview to work at their corporate offices in rockville, md - I was one of only 2 short list candidates - they chose the candidate with no felony conviction. So I'm just at a loss as to where I should try next for finding a job.

BTW - I'm a non-violent first time federal ex-offender

jinglin
05-24-2009, 10:11 PM
I did not find a link titled "Ex-Offender Assistance" I searched same without success.

As and ex-offender, I am seeking entrepreneurship and job hiring resources for ex-offenders in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.

I'm newly registered on / introduced to the site seeking introductions anc contacts with similar interest?

jinglin
05-24-2009, 10:24 PM
I haven't had much success with those resources however, essentially I had been directored to a pc with a web browser with the suggestion to search the internet.... :(

Thanks

Pam
PTO Administrator[/quote]

msearp99
05-25-2009, 10:47 PM
IN CHICAGO area only --
work and training for Ex offenders

Safer Return
Also Known As: Safer Foundation 571 West Jackson Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60661
GENERAL INFORMATION

Contact: Mr. Kenneth Clarke, Associate Vice President, Fund Development and Marketing Telephone: (312) 922-2200 Fax: (312) 922-8485 E-mail: kenneth.clarke@saferfoundation.org Web Site:www.saferfoundation.org (javascript:newsWin('http://www.saferfoundation.org'))

msearp99
05-25-2009, 10:51 PM
national site for ex offenders opportunity for employment
http://www.hirenetwork.org/resource.html

guidinglight
08-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I am trying to help a friend find employment when he is released next year. This is a very difficult task. Unfortunately, he was in for a felony. He would like a truck driver job - can anyone help?

mwlfgng
12-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Job assistance service---google--employedexoffender

se_vnt3
01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
http://www.acinet.org/acinet/crl/library_search.aspx?Keyword=ex-offender&radioChoice=ALL (http://www.acinet.org/acinet/library.asp?category=5.3&stfips=#5.3.2)

Thanks

Pam
PTO Administrator

I don't see the "Ex-Offender Assistance" option/link. Could you please, tell me where it is? Thank you.

sadazmom
02-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi, does anyone know where to get help in Tucson Arizona? My son will be getting out next month. Thanks so much!

hades
03-14-2010, 06:48 PM
I am in arlington tx. I have always had a job until 2008 i had a breakdown quite my job as a manager in a deli bakery lost my houSe my car. . Hung out with some wrong People and I am now on probation for criminal trespass a misdemenor iue goten help for my issues im tryn to get back to where i was i haue been apPlyn everywhere im not picky but noone will gime a chance i donate plasma for money to gve my roomate but lately not been able to b.cause of my pulse rate my roomate wantz to kik me and my kidz out we have no where else to go i need something aSap as i said im willng to do anything except the bar scene(im a recovering alchoholic) im clean now just want the life back for my girls please help!

mybrokenheart
09-25-2010, 08:01 PM
I emailed a couple of people from that site. I hope they can help. Thanks for the link.

mybrokenheart
09-25-2010, 08:06 PM
how much do you make from this site?

mybrokenheart
09-25-2010, 08:08 PM
sorry about the duplicate response. i dont know how to delete the other one. how much do you make on the paid survey site?

mybrokenheart
09-25-2010, 08:14 PM
I have emailed everyone that I thought could help from the HIRE web site and only received one response, with an offer of 5.15 per hr. I know thats a start but realistically for me, I am 45 years old with a mortgage and other bills and I just couldn't see me working for that. It would just cover my transportation.

this is our problem. they want ex-offenders to get out and be model citizens but how can they be if nobody will give them a job. unfortunately it costs money to live. i believe thats why some people go back to a life of crime. my husband is constantly searching for a job but his background stops him every time.

SaritaLovesLuis
11-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Also try local service providers for your state on this site
http://www.hirenetwork.org/resource.html

exoticbrdlvr
11-25-2010, 01:51 AM
What kind of companies will hire an ex offender? When they wrongly violated my husband of 18 yrs he had a good paying full time job with benefits, they left me unemployed with two children, thanks alot state of NV.

Renee
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't know if this link has been posted in thiss thread yet or not, but here is a List of Companies That Hire Felons (http://st-of-companies-that-hire-felons/business-and-company-info). Good luck to everyone!

sweetcandicane
08-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I don't know if this link has been posted in thiss thread yet or not, but here is a List of Companies That Hire Felons (http://st-of-companies-that-hire-felons/business-and-company-info). Good luck to everyone!

This link didn't work. Do you know if it has been changed?

sophiaburning
12-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Does anyone have any real up to date info?

elliemaed
03-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Can someone give me a list of companies in Boston, Mass that hire felons? Thank you.

doehlert
03-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Message posted on the page that is linked at the top of this thread:

The Career Resource Library has been restructured and integrated with the resources in the Reading Room.

Please go to the new Career Resource Library and update your bookmarks.

here is the address with dots removed and spaces added:

www careerinfonet org / crl / library dot aspx ? LVL2 = 39 & LVL3 = y&LVL1 = 5&CATID = 654&PostVal = 2

tabu wife
03-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Any alabama job links

Powerd2004
06-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Message posted on the page that is linked at the top of this thread:

The Career Resource Library has been restructured and integrated with the resources in the Reading Room.

Please go to the new Career Resource Library and update your bookmarks.

here is the address with dots removed and spaces added:

www careerinfonet org / crl / library dot aspx ? LVL2 = 39 & LVL3 = y&LVL1 = 5&CATID = 654&PostVal = 2

I can't figure out how to format this link into it's correct state. I also can't find the resource on their website. Please help.

samchaz
07-11-2012, 10:49 AM
A good place to try looking for employment is with local non-profits that have employment services. Vocational Rehabilitation at the Dept. of Labor is a great resource too. They can help fund training and any things a person may need to begin a job, such as transportation assistance, equipment, getting id's, etc. In order to qualify for voc rehab, a person must have had some type of documented disability such as substance abuse, depression, ptsd, bi-polar, etc. It's a better resource than employment and training or one stop shops at dept. of labor.

patchouli
08-14-2012, 07:03 AM
Here are some links that may help:

Please check your local Goodwill to see if they have a Reentry by Design program (Grant funded). This program is specifically for persons on Parole. Even without that program, Goodwill will hire felons:

http://www.goodwill.org/goodwill-for-you/specialized-services/people-with-criminal-backgrounds/

National Reentry Resource Center addresses many reentry topics, including employment:

http://nationalreentryresourcecenter.org/

Fair Shake: Reentry Resource Center has free computer tutorials to help improve skills needed for employment in today's market, reeentry tools and employment tips. They even link to PTO (and so many other helpful resources!) on their Support for Children and Families page (http://fairshake.net/information-center/general-information/family-and-friends-links/) :thumbsup:

http://fairshake.net/reentry-resources/stakeholders/former-felons/

shanshe1
10-29-2012, 10:35 AM
the page cannot be found thats probley y u havent heard anything back

casper135
07-12-2013, 08:48 AM
any information more current?