View Full Version : Huttonsville Correctional Center; Huttonsville, West Virginia

justvicki
04-17-2004, 06:54 PM
P.O. Box 1
Huttonsville, WV 26273
(Phone) 304-335-2291
(Fax) 304-335-4256

Mission Statement:

It is the policy of Huttonsville Correctional Center to maintain a mechanism that ensures its mission of providing a safe, secure, and humane correctional institution for the public, staff, and offenders; and is fulfilled in a professional and efficient manner.

History:

The Huttonsville Correctional Center is located near Huttonsville in Randolph County, Approximately 18 miles south of Elkins, WV on U.S. Route 250. It was created by an act of the Legislature in 1937 to relieve overcrowding at the West Virginia Penitentiary. It remained a branch of the parent institution until 1947, at which time the Legislature established it as a separate entity – the West Virginia Medium Security Prison. In 1970, the center received it’s current name by legislative act.

With the recent completed construction of the new 240 bed addition, the capacity of the Huttonsville Correctional Center is 890. Living quarters at this facility consist of military style dormitories in the original building and single cell housing in the new units. A Behavioral Improvement Unit and an Intake Unit were established upon the opening of the new additions. Huttonsville Correctional Center is the fifth largest employer in Randolph County with a Staff of 300.

There are many educational programs, both vocational and academic, offered to inmates by The State Department Of Education. These classes give them an opportunity to engage in rehabilitation efforts during their incarceration. Inmates are able to attend classes in the Adult Basic Education Program to work towards or obtain GED certificates. Vocational Courses offered includes Auto Mechanics, Auto Body, Welding, Machine Shop, Carpentry, Masonry, Electrical, and Computer Lab.

Prison Industries operate the Braille Program and Furniture plant located at Huttonsville. Regular textbooks are transcribed into Braille and distributed throughout the United States. The furniture plant refinishes and builds new furniture for various agencies

Personnel:

* Warden - Adrian Hoke
* Deputy Warden - Grover Rosencrance
* Associate Warden of Operations - Lance Yardley
* Associate Warden of Security - John T. Murphy
* Associate Warden of Programs - Diana "Robin" Miller

Bonnie
04-18-2004, 10:48 AM
My husband was just transferred here last week, but he did ten years here before. If you need to know any thing I will try to help you...

tam30wv
07-13-2005, 01:41 PM
My husband was just transferred here last week, but he did ten years here before. If you need to know any thing I will try to help you... just wanted to say good luck to ya and im glad your husbands time is close to ending was looking at this site i feel for most of these people i was 17 or 18 when things ended for us because he was older and was sent away i waited for him for 3 years and he got out we tried it again and it just did'nt work i guess we were young and dumb no i have my own life and i here he is back in again doing alot of time just hope he can get out and start over the right way maybe he can enjoy his life free!!his name is george whetzel your husband probly no's him,,, nice guy but he's had a **** life and i guess thats why it is this way i still think of him alot i just want the best for him tammy in wva:( feel free to email me (e-mail address removed per PTO policy) good luck to ya both!

sweetie26104
03-12-2007, 03:59 PM
does anyone know how too get too Huttonsville correctional center from Parkersburg??

justvicki
03-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Approximately 150 miles and 2 1/2 hours.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl&q=

robingail
03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
my ex is at saint marys he seen the parole board they gave him a 3 yr set to see him again wonder y they do this hes been there 22 yrs done everthing they wont

justvicki
03-28-2007, 02:24 PM
The parole contacts the sentencing judge, the prosecuting attorney, the victim of the crime, and people in the community several months before the inmate is due to see the parole board and asks for their input on whether or not the parole should be granted. Their opinion carries a lot of weight with the board. Also, the nature and severity of the crime has a lot to do with the decision whether or not to grant parole.

I'm sorry. 22 years is a lifetime.

robingail
03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
well his sentence was without he filed a habeaus and won it so it was overturned to life with the judge went to jail him self years later

robingail
03-28-2007, 02:40 PM
this was second parole hearing twice they gave 3 flat see u in 2010 i wonder if he would ever get out

justvicki
03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
It's really hard to say with long term sentences like that. Hopefully third time up for him will be charm.

fayrine9
03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
How and where do you find about visitation for Hunntington. How long do they have to be there before you can visit. he was transferred tuesday the 3/17/08. Thanks

justvicki
03-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Are you referring to Huntington Work Release Center or Huttonsville Correctional Center?

fayrine9
03-19-2008, 06:49 PM
The correctional center, He was just transferred there tuesday,,,Thanks

justvicki
03-20-2008, 08:04 AM
He will have to send you a form to complete and return to the visitation officer. They will then run a background check and notify him whether or not you have been approved to visit. It can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks.

DizzyDZ
03-21-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm actually going to Huttonsville tomorrow to see my boyfriend for the first time since January (when he was transferred there). I haven't been there before, any words of advice?

Bonnie
03-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Dress nice, no see through tops or pants... white shirts are especially not worn because they say they can see your bra through it, and make sure your shirt is long enough to cover top of pants. For the most part the visits are great. Use the bathroom before you go in. There is no foot in the visitation room, only a water fountain, and no smoking. You can visit up to four hours but if you're coming from Pittsburgh, you could call in advance to the officer in charge, and they might extend you another hour or two. They used to do that for me and mine. Hope all goes well. If you ever go back again, there is a Pastorial Center there that will let you spend the night for free if you call a week in advance, and it's very close to the prison. If you need the address and phone number, let me know.

Take care!
Bonnie

wvjavajunkie
05-04-2008, 12:26 PM
:(just wanted to say good luck to ya and im glad your husbands time is close to ending was looking at this site i feel for most of these people i was 17 or 18 when things ended for us because he was older and was sent away i waited for him for 3 years and he got out we tried it again and it just did'nt work i guess we were young and dumb no i have my own life and i here he is back in again doing alot of time just hope he can get out and start over the right way maybe he can enjoy his life free!!his name is george whetzel your husband probly no's him,,, nice guy but he's had a **** life and i guess thats why it is this way i still think of him alot i just want the best for him tammy in wva:( feel free to email me (e-mail address removed per PTO policy) good luck to ya both!:(my hubby is in hcc... we just got married on march 31st!:D:D:D

Bonnie
05-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Congrats to you WVJAVAJUNKIE!!! so very happy for you!!!

AntsWife
01-18-2009, 07:50 AM
My husband is in Huttonsville, him and I have been married for 2 years this month ;). We have been seperated for about 2 years this Sept. I hate it too I love him so much with everything in me :o. He is the air that I breathe :). I havent been to see him there yet. He just got denided :( parole and is due again in Sept. if not then his exected day out is 2014. I cant go on that much longer it is killing me not being able to see him. His name is Richard Anthony Hart. I dont have a vehicle to go and his family is upset at me right now so the best thing I can do is stay away from them right now. But I do love him so much. :idea: So if there is someone out there that can help me or know of a way that him and I can comuicate over the internet please tell me. I know they used to let them get online not sure if they still do or not. :thumbsup:

justvicki
01-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Welcome to PTO and the WV Forum!

I am very sorry, but inmates in state facilities in WV do not have access to the Internet, so you you will not be able to communicate with him that way. Inmates in most federal facilities are now able to set up prepaid email accounts and communicate with family and friends, however, I don't foresee that happening in our state prisons anytime in the future.

Having someone you love and care for incarcerated is not easy, but hopefully you will be able to find understanding and support here on PTO.

Good luck!