View Full Version : Saint Mary's Correctional Center; Saint Mary's, West Virginia

justvicki
04-17-2004, 09:33 PM
2880 N. Pleasants Highway
St. Marys, WV 2617O
(Phone) 304-684-5500
(Fax) 304-684-5506

Mission Statement

St. Marys Correctional Center's mission is to provide for the custody, control and care of convicted, adult, male felons who have been convicted of severe crimes against man or nature. SMCC is a medium security facility for the West Virginia Division of Corrections designed to house offenders departmentally classified as Level III, Level II and Level I custody. Offenders departmentally deemed as geriatric or chronically ill may also be assigned to SMCC.

History:

The St. Marys Correctional Center is located three-miles north of St. Marys on State Route 2 in Pleasants County. It was formerly known as the Colin Anderson Center, which was established in 1932 by an Act of the Legislature. The Colin Anderson Center was closed in spring of 1998, at which time funding was provided to renovate the facility as a Correctional Center.

In the early spring of 1998, the Division of Corrections began the transition to house approximately 450 adult male minimum to medium security inmates at this facility. In addition to general population offenders, the targeted population includes aging, geriatric, special needs and chronic medical offenders with lower custody classification.

Personnel:

Warden: William M. Fox
Deputy Warden: Tony Lemasters
Executive Assistant: Lisa McDowell
Business Manager: Ruby Davis
Associate Warden – Security: Robert J. Hill
Associate Warden – Programs: Pat Mirandy
Associate Warden – Operations: Don Springston

Bonnie
04-18-2004, 10:49 AM
Worked here too! I'm willing to help anyone that needs it!

wvugirl2002
09-15-2004, 10:56 PM
St MArys has a new address. 2880 N plesants Hwy St MArys WV 26170. Also always remember to put St MArys Correctional Center on it or they wont take it.

Another tidbit. Word is they are increasing it to a med/max. There has been a lot of movement of shorter sentences and lower classifications down or out.

My fiance is there now, but should be going to pruneytown soon

sapphirescarlet
10-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Worked here too! I'm willing to help anyone that needs it!
Maybe you can give me a pointer or two - A friend of mine is currently in the local jail on a parole violation. Someone from St. Marys approached him about starting a program there, six months long, which would allow him to be released in April, if he completed it. What kind of program is this? Do you have any idea?

Todd has been telling me about it, but I'm curious about an insider's point of view. Also, he's thinking he might not get in because he's currently being arraigned (I THINK) on another charge, and he won't appear before the judge until Tuesday of next week. The program is supposed to start on Wednesday, and he's worried that the timing will be off and he won't make it to the program in time.

Any information you can offer, or anyone else can offer, will be appreciated. Thanks.

~A

wvugirl2002
10-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Is it the Second Chance Program? I have a friend whose bvoyfriend was there. I could try to get you some info if it is the same program.

sapphirescarlet
10-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Is it the Second Chance Program? I have a friend whose bvoyfriend was there. I could try to get you some info if it is the same program.
I'm pretty sure that was the program. So yeah, anything you could get your hands on would be cool. Thanks!

Bonnie
10-21-2004, 11:51 AM
Yes the program is called the second chance program, and it is for parole violaters... the man to speak to David Jones about the program. He and I worked together at Mount Olvie and he is a good person... If you have questions about the program, he is the one to talk to.

Take care all!

BryantsBabygirl
06-28-2006, 10:23 AM
I need info on St. Marys.... Currently my boyfriend is there but I think something is up with the store there or the mail... I havent recieved a letter from him in weeks and it so unlike him.... we spoke about two weeks ago and he was talking about the store being closed so i dont know if maybe he couldnt shop for stamps or what...none of my letters have came back and we werent arguing or anything the last time we spoke...he told me he loved me and to my knowledge nothing has changed...it wouldnt be so wierd but i introduced my cousin to guy there and they were writing like gang busters but at the same time my letters stopped so did hers... if anyone has family in st. marys please let me know if u have heard from your loved one i would appreciate it..

worried about my baby!!!