PO Box 10
Lizbon, Ohio 44432

Visiting Information

Monday, Thursday, Fridays 5-9 pm

Saturday and Sunday 8-3

Education

GED, ESL, adult continueing education and correspondence classes

Work Details

UNICOR~computer recycling plant, data-processing plant, shoe repair factory.

Recreation

Team sports~basketball, soccer, volleyball & softball.
Arts and crafts

RDAP
No RDAP....but does have a nonresidential program as well as NA & AA

tloy
05-30-2004, 04:45 PM
Fci Elkton

Inmate Mailing Address

FCI Elkton
8730 Scroggs Road
PO Box 10
Lizbon, Ohio 44432

Visiting Information

Saturday and Sunday 8-3

Education

Work Details

Recreation

Arts and crafts

RDAP
Is there more than one federal prison in Lisbon Ohio (Elkton) I herd there was a camp and a correctional Institution. What kind of classes or education do they offer. What is NA & AA and do they have a drug treatment program. Can you give me any info on Elkton federal prison not the camp. Is it a rough prison do i have to worry about my brother.

kintml2u
05-31-2004, 10:16 AM
tloy
I wish we had more information available on all locations. Hoepfully in time, more prisoners will be able to assist us with this area.
Elkton has I believe a camp.... Its called FSL - Federal Secure Low. They both should be on the same grounds.
NA is for narcotics
AA is for alcohol
both are general substance abuse programs, nothing substantial. It does not have the residential RDAP (drug program).

As with anyplace, you have the possibilities of some sort of violence, even in our own homes. In the years I have been around, trying to figure out the federal system I have never heard of anything bad about Elkton. I don't think your brother should have many problems as long as he keeps the prisoner code of conduct.

Is your brother at this location now and if so how long has he been there?

Welcome to PTO!
Diane

tloy
05-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Fci Elkton

Inmate Mailing Address

FCI Elkton
8730 Scroggs Road
PO Box 10
Lizbon, Ohio 44432

Visiting Information

Saturday and Sunday 8-3

Education

Work Details

Recreation

Arts and crafts

RDAP
What is a nonresidential program as well as NA & AA

tloy
06-02-2004, 10:04 PM
tloy
I wish we had more information available on all locations. Hoepfully in time, more prisoners will be able to assist us with this area.
Elkton has I believe a camp.... Its called FSL - Federal Secure Low. They both should be on the same grounds.
NA is for narcotics
AA is for alcohol
both are general substance abuse programs, nothing substantial. It does not have the residential RDAP (drug program).

As with anyplace, you have the possibilities of some sort of violence, even in our own homes. In the years I have been around, trying to figure out the federal system I have never heard of anything bad about Elkton. I don't think your brother should have many problems as long as he keeps the prisoner code of conduct.

Welcome to PTO!
Diane
He is not yet they told him that is were they are going to send him. Thanks for all your help and info.

pah417
06-04-2004, 08:56 AM
I got his first phone call last night about 36 hours after he self surrendered to FCI Elkton. He sounded much better than when I dropped him off. He said the inmates are helpful and friendly. The staff is cold, not helpful. He visited the comm and was happy to get personal hygeine stuff, fresh fruit, peanutbutter and grahams, a radio and headphones, etc. He still needs shoes, but had already spent $170. I love a man who loves to shop! He reassured me that he feels much better than he expected, not threatened or unsafe. He already got mail; a letter and a magazine. The book I sent was sent back. The envelope should say "authorized reading material". After 15 minutes the phone call was automatically ended. The recording from an operator at the beginning said the call would cost $1.10. Great news there. It's a local call. I feel so much better too. I guess it's normal to be scared of the unknown. Leaving him there was like abandoning him! Maybe I'm a bit scared for me too!! Life is once again my teacher.

Hope has a place in a lover's heart. Lyrics form an Enya tune. Good, huh? :thumbsup:

tloy
06-04-2004, 10:12 AM
I got his first phone call last night about 36 hours after he self surrendered to FCI Elkton. He sounded much better than when I dropped him off. He said the inmates are helpful and friendly. The staff is cold, not helpful. He visited the comm and was happy to get personal hygeine stuff, fresh fruit, peanutbutter and grahams, a radio and headphones, etc. He still needs shoes, but had already spent $170. I love a man who loves to shop! He reassured me that he feels much better than he expected, not threatened or unsafe. He already got mail; a letter and a magazine. The book I sent was sent back. The envelope should say "authorized reading material". After 15 minutes the phone call was automatically ended. The recording from an operator at the beginning said the call would cost $1.10. Great news there. It's a local call. I feel so much better too. I guess it's normal to be scared of the unknown. Leaving him there was like abandoning him! Maybe I'm a bit scared for me too!! Life is once again my teacher.

Hope has a place in a lover's heart. Lyrics form an Enya tune. Good, huh? :thumbsup:Do you know what phone system and the number to call they use so I can make sure there is no block on my line. I called Elkton but they said they did not know.

tloy
06-04-2004, 10:17 AM
tloy
NA is for narcotics
AA is for alcohol

As with anyplace, you have the possibilities of some sort of violence, even in our own homes. In the years I have been around, trying to figure out the federal system I have never heard of anything bad about Elkton. I don't think your brother should have many problems as long as he keeps the prisoner code of conduc

Welcome to PTO!
Diane
Do you know what phone system and the number to call they use so I can make sure there is no block on my line. I called Elkton but they said they did not know.

Kevmom
06-17-2004, 02:40 PM
My son has just been transfered to Elkton, I live in New York and I'm trying to findout which airport I should fly into. Any help would be so wonderful as I am lost and totally confussed.

sadanddepressed
06-20-2004, 07:04 PM
fly into the akron canton airport.

Kevmom
06-21-2004, 10:08 AM
fly into the akron canton airport.
Thank you for your help, this information is very helpful to me. I was starting to feel a little stressed out trying to find my way. Thanks again

Li2240
08-19-2004, 08:16 AM
We are from NY so when we visit my brother in Elkton, we use AirTran. The tickets are usually $59 each way. After we land in Akron/Canton airport, we have to rent a car and drive about one hour and fifteen minutes to Lisbon where the prison is located. Then we stay at the Lisbon Inn which is right near the prison. The room rate is $74 per night. If anyone needs the driving directions from the airport to the prison, or if anyone wants contact info for the hotel, let me know and I will be happy to provide them.

Li2240
08-19-2004, 08:18 AM
My brother is in FCI Elkton. They also have a camp, but it is not a real FCP - it is a satellite. There are no education classes whatsoever in Elkton. They used to have them but no more.

Kevmom
08-19-2004, 04:00 PM
We are from NY so when we visit my brother in Elkton, we use AirTran. The tickets are usually $59 each way. After we land in Akron/Canton airport, we have to rent a car and drive about one hour and fifteen minutes to Lisbon where the prison is located. Then we stay at the Lisbon Inn which is right near the prison. The room rate is $74 per night. If anyone needs the driving directions from the airport to the prison, or if anyone wants contact info for the hotel, let me know and I will be happy to provide them.

Thanks for the info, I did finally go out there about 2 weeks ago and I stayed at the Lisbon, but I did not find an airfare as cheap as that. So I'll have to look into that fare. I also paid more for my hotel room, someone there told me I need to ask for the family discount. I'll try that next go round. Thanks again for your help. :thumbsup:

kintml2u
08-19-2004, 07:02 PM
Kevmom

How was the visit? And how is your son doing?

Diane

curtisgurl03
08-19-2004, 10:12 PM
I been to Elkton twice, I'm from Illinois I always rent a car when I go but I get a hotel room in Youngstown, OH, which is 30 minutes for Lisbon. My boyfriend been there for a year and he haven't had any problems.

Kevmom
08-20-2004, 01:32 AM
Kevmom

How was the visit? And how is your son doing?

Diane
Diane thanks for asking the visit was bitter sweet once it got started. Initially they were not going to let me in to visit him, they said he had no approved visitors and I needed to prove I was his mother. How do you do that, I obviously don't walk around with his birth certificate. Eventually they called the duty captain and he asked me a million questions to verify I was actually his mother. So my visit started pretty late the first day, but I stayed over and I visited him on Friday and Saturday which was great. In the same breath it is so hard to see him in there, I never imagined this would be our reality, but we are both dealing with it, no choice I guess. So anyway thanks for asking. Me and my ex are going to drive down and visit at the end of the month. That should be fun :blah:

kintml2u
08-20-2004, 05:10 AM
No approved visitors...but as his mother, you should be on the list I would think!
Thats terrible...how would one prove such a thing! I'm sorry to hear you had to go through this! But..seeing him, even though he is there, must have made up for the time spent getting in!
Going with the ex...I hope your trip is OK! :D

Thanks for replying.

Diane

Kevmom
08-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Well I hope the trip is okay, don't want to wind up with my son, if you know what I mean. But we have to do this. He needs the support of both his parents. Did I sound like a responsible adult. Truth is he gets me so angry :angry: I'll probably wind up going crazy on this trip :eek: but we do what we do for our children.

DAHR
11-15-2004, 10:17 PM
My brother just started his sentence today and Elkton FCI. I wasn't able to take him, but his girlfriend and our Uncle were there. They were told that we had to receive visitor paperwork before we could even consider visiting and to not expect to hear from him for a month. He was expecting a visitor next weekend! The employee was very cold and stern. I figured it might be a few days before we heard from him, not a month. Any information will help:confused:

numberone
11-15-2004, 11:42 PM
Hi Dahr, I know it takes a long time for the paperwork, your brother will send it to you. My husband called me after eight days, but that was because they lost his money. You should here from your brother this week by phone. He will be ok!!!!!! try to stay strong.

ksmum
11-16-2004, 06:25 PM
Hello, My son surrendered to elkton on Monday the 15th. Was told no one was very nice and was wondering can he get mail yet and when will he be allowed to call. This is his 1st time in and all the family is so worried about him. Just read that this is a boot camp place and is that like the army? Any help anyone can give is really great.. Thanks

numberone
11-17-2004, 12:00 AM
Hi Ksmum, Your son should call you this week with the information you need. He will need to put you on his list. I know the workers there are not very nice. I hope he has money to make his call. I just received the new address for mailing money only!!!.all other mail goes to lisbon. He should be ok!!!!!. I know how hard this is I also have a son in prison in morgantown, WV, my husband is in Elkton, they were sent to different prisons. I hope you stay strong for your son, and family.

ksmum
11-17-2004, 08:34 AM
:confused: I am glad that you answered some of what I needed to know.. I just need also to know if there is a site to go to and talk more about this to you . Is there a way to do this.. I am not to computer wise , so can you tell me is there somehow to do this Thanks

numberone
11-18-2004, 12:53 AM
Hi Ksmum, I sent you a private message, hope you receive it ok, let me know?

kintml2u
11-19-2004, 05:39 AM
ksmum...you can start sending mail right away. They are allowed to have it. Phone calls vary...sometimes they are given a "complimentary" call, sometimes they have to wait for their list to go through.

numberone...are they not allowed to make "collect" calls from Elkton? Most locations allow for prepaid or collect.

DAHR
11-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi Dahr, I know it takes a long time for the paperwork, your brother will send it to you. My husband called me after eight days, but that was because they lost his money. You should here from your brother this week by phone. He will be ok!!!!!! try to stay strong.
:) My brother was able to call his daughter. She wasn't there, but he talked to his ex-wife. She said he's doing well, keeping to himself. He said his immediate family is already appoved as visitors, but our uncle and his girlfriend need approval. Does that mean my husband does, too? He said he's just glad he finally started his sentence, so he can finish it. When I visit him, is there anything I am allowed to bring him? Can I bring him food? Do they have lists of what we can send or bring? Thanks.:confused:

numberone
11-20-2004, 01:33 AM
HI Dahr, My husband had to mail forms to my sister and her husband, so they could be approved for visiting. I take ones and five dollar bills with me to the prison, you put your money in a machine and you will get a card for food in the visiting room. All I take in is my money and I.D. Good Luck:thumbsup: Sorry Dahr, you can mail soft back books, cards, reading material, " know food" all you can take in the prison is your money and ID.

numberone
11-20-2004, 02:17 AM
Hi Kintm12u, I dont know for sure if they can make collect calls. I send my husband the money every month for his calls.

siddeq
12-17-2004, 09:25 AM
I am definetly interested in knowing how are the rooms at the lisbon inn and the service. Also are you allowed to see your brother evry visiting day? Also can I have the directions from all ways from the airport to lisbon and lisbon to fci. Thanks also if you don't mind when is the next time you will visit your brother do you know of a NY group or anything? Thank you

boflipflops36
10-30-2006, 09:56 PM
Hello to all,
I see there has not been any posting in a long time about Elkton, FCI in Ohio. I would like to hear from some of you with loved one there or that has been there. My brother has 41 more months to go. I am trying to learn all I can about it. He has been there 1 month.
Also he ask me to get some Recipe for him that prisoners use there with food from commisary. Anyone willing to share?
Thanks

kintml2u
11-26-2006, 06:27 AM
bop...do a search for 'recipe' on PTO. Somewhere there is a LARGE thread with all sorts of recipes.

laylatg
11-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Hello to all,
I see there has not been any posting in a long time about Elkton, FCI in Ohio. I would like to hear from some of you with loved one there or that has been there. My brother has 41 more months to go. I am trying to learn all I can about it. He has been there 1 month.
Also he ask me to get some Recipe for him that prisoners use there with food from commisary. Anyone willing to share?
Thanks

My son has been there for a year about your recipe I really don't know much about it but all I can say is that is an ok place compared to where he was before which was Loretto. If you need to know something else please feel free to ask me.

Layla

marie0722
11-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Hello to you all. I also have a loved one at elkton( my boyfriend). He hasbeen in for 2 1/2 months and has about 33 more months to go. I have visited once already all the way from minnesota..14 hour drive there and 14 back...yuck. I was not too impressed with some of the staff...they seemed cold but then we also met a few who were great. I know though that there is a couple on the inside(case manager) that are very inappropriate and mean. We are currently trying to work on this. Other than that my b/f says it is not very violent, the food is pretty bad, it iis boring, but there are some decent guys(inmates) there. Please ask me questions i will try to answer and anyone with more info please let me know. Thanks to you all and GOD BLESS!!!!

regs
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
hi, this is my first post on this site and my first experience with a loved one in prison. First I would like to thank all of you that have contributed to this site, it's the only source of information about what Elkton is really like.
I am desperate for information about what my boyfriend can expect after he surrenders today.
How long before he can make a call?
What is a typical day at Elkton like?
How are the housing facilities?
My boyfriend is an avid reader, does the facility have any library? How is it? I read that soft cover books are allowed and reading material, can this be mailed the same way as letters?
He is a smart and polite person so I've convinced myself that he will not have a problem with violence from his side, but will he be safe???
Anyone that can alleviate my anxiety I would be grateful to.

noname10
04-07-2007, 04:44 PM
First of all welcome to the PTO. Next take a deep breath and know that you and he will survive this trip gwith the feds. If you can take the time to read some of the older post you will find a lot of your worries and fears eased. So let me see what I can do for the moment.

When can he call.
Well since he went in of a Friday his counselore might let him call Monday or Tuesday for a 3 minute call. It takes about a week to 10 days to get his phone list approved and get his pin number to use the phone.
What is his day like?
I dont know about that facility but the norm is lights on about 530 or 6. Breakfast then work call at 730. Lunch starting at 11. Release from work around 330. 4 oclock standing count. Mail call (best part of the day if you get mail, bummer if you dont) Dinner after count clears. Free time till yard closes at 9. 10oclock count and lights out about 11. The first few weeks he will be in A&O and just go to classes about the rules get cleared medically have his pchy test those kind of things.

Sending books. Have him ask what you can send, some places allow 3 softback books at a time, other places want them sent from vendors. There is usually a library at each facility some better than others, but lots of fiction.

Will he be safe?
If he chooses his associates well, does not gamble or disrespect others he should be fine. Most prisons are not like the movies or tv so dont worry. When I was inside sometimes I would read the paper about a bad murder, or rape whatever and think "Man I am glad I am in here where it is safe" Kind of messed up HUH?

Anyway sorry so long just wanted to put your fears at ease a little.

regs
04-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you so much for your reply, it did ease my fears a bit! I know the he is strong and will be ok...sometimes it's me that I worry about more than him. being unable to communicate with him whenever I want is a struggle. In a world of email and text messaging, snail mail is unbearable to me!

oneandonlye
04-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Hi Regs - I just sent you a PM with some info on Elkton...

hey noname!!! :)

boflipflops36
04-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi Regs,
I am sorry you are having to deal with the prison system also. There is not much said on here about Elkton. My brother does not say anything. He did say the microwave were took away and there was very little food in commisary this past week. It took him over 2 weeks to be able to call, he self surrendered on a thursday. He puts money on his account to call. I no the food has been bad there a long time. He just has to owe no one! Mind his on bussiness. Stay away from trouble makers. There is a libarary, there and you have to order books for him thru Amazon.com or book store. We cant send anything except pictures, no more then 24 at once, cards, letters. And of course Money Orders to Des, Moine, Iowa. Or wire money to them. Best of luck to you and him. Keep us informed about the place and we sure will you.

steverbeaver
04-12-2007, 10:54 PM
I was in FCI Elkton for 36 months so if you have questions, I can help answer them. I was released in 2003 so a lot has changed according to some friends I keep in contact with there. There isn't a lot of fighting and you can't rape the willing (there are a lot of willing homos there). The programs are a joke and the food sucks, unless you like rice and brown salads. They do have an extensive commisarry to appease that urge to eat after 5 PM. Due to the amount of walk-offs (escapes) from the camp, a fence was erected in 2002 to keep people in...err try to. UNICOR is a good way to pass time and get payed for it too. Landscape, maintainance, and dining hall are gruesome jobs. Stay to himself, don't gamble, and don't get into debt are three good guidelines to follow to keep out of trouble. PM me with any questions. Good luck.

BarlowScout
04-20-2007, 02:52 PM
I just posted a message on the phone page but this one seems to get a little more traffic so I'll vent here too. My boyfriend was just transferred to Elkton this past week. He is currently being kept in "the hole" with two other dudes. I just received a letter from him telling me all of this because one of the guys was nice enough to give him some paper, stamps, and envelopes. He sounded so sad! He has to sleep on the floor because there is no beds available in the regular population area! They also told him he could be kept down there for a month. I am seriously buggin out because is he having to stay in there 23 hours a day?? He is not violent and has done nothing in there to be treated so badly. He was also told that he might be able to call people once a month! If anyone knows anything about this please respond to this post. I am so stressed and sad for him. It's completely unfair!!

oneandonlye
04-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Did they put him in the hole only because there are no beds in general population or was it for some other reason? When my man went to the hole on punishment for something stupid, they let him out after 2 weeks and no phone or commissary for 30 days. You could always try calling and speaking to his counselor. Everytime I have called they have been pretty helpful.

PTO-97580
04-20-2007, 08:56 PM
I just posted a message on the phone page but this one seems to get a little more traffic so I'll vent here too. My boyfriend was just transferred to Elkton this past week. He is currently being kept in "the hole" with two other dudes. I just received a letter from him telling me all of this because one of the guys was nice enough to give him some paper, stamps, and envelopes. He sounded so sad! He has to sleep on the floor because there is no beds available in the regular population area! They also told him he could be kept down there for a month. I am seriously buggin out because is he having to stay in there 23 hours a day?? He is not violent and has done nothing in there to be treated so badly. He was also told that he might be able to call people once a month! If anyone knows anything about this please respond to this post. I am so stressed and sad for him. It's completely unfair!!

I spent 2 years at Elkton and the first 2 mos in the hole because of no bed space. It's not unusual there at all. Very few go right to the compund when they get there. Elkton is not where I would choose to spend my time but it is doable

BarlowScout
04-20-2007, 10:51 PM
How do I figure out who his counselor is?

enza
09-20-2008, 12:07 AM
this past monday my husband self surrendered to elkton ohio and I have not heared from him as of yet. I dont know what to expect never having been in this situation before. Can someone offer any helpful information that might ease our anxiety I have three kids and they miss their dad very much...:(

boflipflops36
09-20-2008, 12:52 AM
enza, It takes a few weeks to set up the processing in. They have to get his money own the books, for phone calls and also all names submitted are checked to make sure we are legiate. He might be in the hole as they are really over crowed there most of the time. They have had a problem there yesterday, gang fight so it is all ok now. I don't no what happen, But the phone are own. I hope he took money for his commissary and his phone calls. They have to buy every thing they wear, except the red, orange, brown jump suit.
He will call but it takes a week or more. Make sure you always listen to the call and ALL WAYS PUNCH 5, to receive his calls.
Come hera and ask question we will try to help you. Click own my name and read someof my post and others about Elkton. Take care of those babies. I no he will miss them and you also.

always_waiting
10-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi all,
My husband is sitting in the FDC in Milan. He found out that his security clearance is a low. The judge recommended Elkton so that he can get visits (we're about an hour north of Elkton.) He was disappointed that he didn't get minimum so that he could go to the camp. We don't know for sure that he'll go to Elkton, but I wanted to get on here and find out more. He has a 27 month sentence, and he's served 10 months.

After reading some things here, I'm really concerned about his safety if he goes to Elkton. My husband handles himself well. He does generally keep to himself. This is not his first trip to federal prison. He's been in Englewood twice and he's also been in some rough state prisons in Colorado. He's also been through "boot camp." So, he's used to the environment, and I think he knows how to handle it. Still, all this talk of gangs and stabbings has me very worried.

Also, does anyone know (on average) how much hwh they're giving now? We're prepared for three months, but we're hoping for six. Is that possible?

Thanks so much! This has been very difficult. My son and I haven't seen him in almost eleven months - since the day he was arrested - and we're really worried about him.

pink05
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I think you can get up to 6 months of HWH from what I have been reading, that is my understanding anyway. Good luck and hope things go well for you, your hubby and family!

enza
10-01-2008, 11:15 PM
My husband called today for the first time since he left almost three weeks ago. I was happy to hear from him he said he is doing well and he met a lot of nice people. The food is so so but he was able to get stuff in the commissary
like snacks, a radio, and toiletries. He is making the best of it for now he just started his sentence and has a long way to go. I hope we can get to ohio this weekend we would like to see him. Does any one know how long we can visit is there a limit or can we stay as long as we like? I live in new jersey and its a long haul for us. I have three kids one as little as three..........

boflipflops36
10-06-2008, 12:47 PM
You can visit Thursday night i think its 5-8, Friday night, and Sat 8am-3PM,
Sunday 8am -3pm. I think Monday night also. Go to the BOP Web site for Elkton it has the visiting hrs. Also be prepared to take money to put own the debit card its what you use for the vending machine. Read my post about what to wear. DO NOT WEAR any thing revealing, tight, open toe shoes, Red, Orange, Brown. No see thru blouses, Its cool in visting room always wear a long sleeve shirt or a light weight sweater, or jacket. It gets cold in there, He has to sit the whole time, you can get up and buy food from vending machine. I am glad you got a call.

mandi9228
12-29-2009, 11:29 PM
can anyone give me any information about the elkton prison? im taking my boyfriend there tomorrow and he will be there for 3 months. i really dont know anything about this place. please help!

mikemike
12-30-2009, 04:46 PM
hey im going in jan 12 for 10 months. i dont know much either though. maybe ill get to know your boyfriend in there. you can email me at toblue4u05@aol.com for any questions

aldanow
12-30-2009, 05:00 PM
What do you want to know? My husband was there, in the FSL -- got out last spring. When he went in, he had been told to self surrender to the FCI. There they put him alone in a cell for a few hours, then shackled him to take him the short distance down the hill, in a van, to the FSL -- I presume to show him who was boss?

We got through it, we survived <gr.>. You will, too.

mikemike
12-30-2009, 05:05 PM
i think im goin to the fci there. but not to sure. they just sent the paper in the mail saying to be in elkton for self surrender on jan12 before noon. im just wondering if im going to be the only kid in there, seeing as how i dont know anyone my age thats ever been to federal prison. And what the conditions like in elkton?

aldanow
12-30-2009, 06:34 PM
My husband says you'll find plenty of young guys, particularly around the basketball court and in exercise classes. Conditions? There's not much to do there, and you'll be better off if you can find your own ways to keep busy. If you want to take some college classes, and have some money, correspondence classes are available at Ohio University that are designed to be mailed into prisons.http://www.ohio.edu/independent/INCARC.HTM

mikemike
12-30-2009, 07:09 PM
thanks for the info. maybe ill post some stuff when im released to look out for other newcomers. hopefully the time goes by quick

mikemike
01-07-2010, 06:18 PM
4 days till self surrender... it sucks

boflipflops36
01-09-2010, 10:44 AM
mike my brother is at halfway house i will call him and ask him a few question, He was in Elkton 39 mo. You will be ok. Get back to you in a while.

boflipflops36
01-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Mike, you will be fine. I talk to my brother and he said just mind your own bussiness and you will be ok. The food is terrible, there are lots of young men there, but there are people who are waiting for the new ones to come in to try to con them. Don't lend, borrow, gossip, Don't let anyone say they want to help you as the Major said too. Its a way to get you to beholding to them. Don't owe anyone.Do without if you don't have money own books. Keep busy and get in a bible study group.

mikemike
01-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Hey thanks alot. I go in tomorrow morning. My girlfriend might be on this site after i go in to get some help with some of the basics like mail or sending money. So if you could assist her, that would be appreciated. Thank you.

-mike

mikemike
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, I just took my boyfriend to Elkton this morning. It was a long drive. I hope his time goes by fast. Does anyone know if he can make calls to cell phones? We did not have a house phone but if he can't make a call to a cell phone I think I might go ahead and get one.

boflipflops36
01-12-2010, 05:11 PM
mike she can pm me any time. You should send some money now western union so its own your books when you get there. My brother took cash they let him keep it. you just mind your bussiness and don't get caught in the borrowing or lending, gossip, pm me

boflipflops36
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
yes he can make phone calls to your cell phone he has to turn your name address number in. It will take a few days, for it to be approved any phone. go ahead and write him, he will get your letters,

mikemike
01-12-2010, 09:24 PM
yes he can make phone calls to your cell phone he has to turn your name address number in. It will take a few days, for it to be approved any phone. go ahead and write him, he will get your letters,

Ok thanks I was worried about that. Cause I know how some of his family is and I want to make sure he can get a hold of me if he needs anything. I talked to my sister about the phone thing and she said to call global tel link. But when I called they said they did not do it for federal prison. He took some money in there with him. I hope it was enough to last him until he can get everything set up to let me know what he needs. It's so weird being home knowing he's not going to be here. Thanks for all your help

boflipflops36
01-14-2010, 08:11 PM
He can put some money own his phone account. At Elkton he can put what ever amount at a time he wants to own his phone account. My brother would put a dollar and call me for 3 min. It is good to have what ever you can afford, and stretch those 300 min, they have to last all month. It takes time for your phone to be approved he will call you soon.

CHULITA97
03-30-2010, 11:24 AM
i was wondering if at fci elkton a child has to be approved on an inmates visiting list or just their parent?

jazzy09
03-31-2010, 07:50 PM
i was wondering if at fci elkton a child has to be approved on an inmates visiting list or just their parent?
a child under the age of 16 does not need identification. And I believe they do not need to be approved on visiting list.

jazzy09
03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Hi, a child under 16 does not need indentification but needs an adult with them and i believe that a child does not need to be on visiting list, Call the jail to be sure though

Laycee80
04-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone...My b/f is being transfered to Elkton, it has been a heartbreaking experience, he just had visit taken for a year and commissary and then moved to Ohio (me and his family are in FL) My question is does Elkton have Email? It sure would help the time pass quicker till we can make the long haul up there to see him.
And I was reading somewhere that the Unicor recycling that they do there was not safe, does anyone know anything about that? I tend to over worry.
Thank you so much!

QLOTP
05-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Laycee80,

My husband was just moved last week to Elkton and no e-mail yet. Rumor has it in August it will be up and running. I really miss those 2-3 chats per day he had it MDC Los Angeles but at least he's closer to home. It was great for my children to keep in touch with their dad too. Back to letter writing for now.