FAX : (912) 557-7051

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY:1236
CONSTRUCTED: 1983
OPENED: 1983
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: 1989

MISSION:
Houses medium security general population prisoners and supports an extensive farming operation which provides vegetables, meats and milk for the Correctional Facilities.

HOUSING:
Consists of four buildings each containing four dormitories: 24 single cells are used for administrative segregation and 24 cells are used for disciplinary isolation. The fast track unit consist of two buildings with four dormitories each and houses 232 regular prisoners in each housing unit.

WORK DETAILS:
Canning Plant, Meat Plant, Dairy, Swine Unit, Beef Cattle Operation, General Farm Labor, Vehicle Maintenance, Department of Transportation, Georgia State Patrol, Tattnall Schools, Gordonia State Park, University of Georgia Testing Center detail, Grounds Maintenance, Laundry, City of Lyons and GCI Warehouse. Details for Cobbtown City and Collins City only as requested.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Remedial

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse 101, AA/NA

Counseling: Vital Issues, Violence, Corrective Thinking, Confronting Ones Self, Victim Impact, TOPPSTEP, MH/MR Counseling

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Music Concerts, Kairos, T.D. Jakes Ministries

Vocational/OJT: Farm Operations, Barbering, Meat Plant, Warehousing, Cannery, Dairy, Wastewater Treatment, Food Preparation, Clerical, Auto Repair

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-75 to Macon then I-16 East to the Highway 57 exit. Take Highway 57 South to Reidsville. At first traffic light turn right. Go approximately two blocks and bear left onto Highways 147. Georgia SP will be on the right approximately seven miles from Reidsville, and Rogers SP will be one-half mile further on the left.

strongernow
06-06-2004, 10:54 AM
My experience at Rogers SP:

the directions were head on.
Visiting hours are 9 am - 3 pm Saturday and Sunday and all state holidays.

For the visit, I got there shortly after 9am both days I was there. I only had to wait behind a few people on Sunday. When you get there, park in the visitors parking lot and go to the main entrance. There is a ledge with the visit form you need to fill out on the right side of the door. Fill out your form and wait for the gaurd to buzz you in. When you get in the 1st building, it's just you and one guard behind a window (yes it's a small building). Sign in ont he visitor register on the left side of the window, put your keys and ID along with your visit form in the drawer for the guard. The guard will give you back a token that will tell you what table you will be sitting at and of course which hook your keys are hanging on. The guard that was in the registration building both days was nice and actually pretty funny when she saw my WI ID she asked if it was really worth that long of a trip to go through all the hassle LOL. Once you're checked in, she will buzz the door on the other end of the room open and then you will be outside between the registration building and the visitation building. Just walk straight from the one building down the sidewalk to the other and don't let all the barbed wire bother you LOL. You are enclosed between these two buildings with a fence covered with it. Wait until the guard right inside the next set of doors tells you to come in. Once you are in there, place your change and any jewelry on the table before you walk through the metal detector. Don't be suprise if you still set the dang thing off, I did 3 times LOL. Also you will have to pull out your pockets. If you have to use the restroom, go when you get in this building, it's to your left when you get in the door. Then once you've been cleared after your search walk across the room to your right and there is another set of doors. Another guard will buzz open the first door, you will step in and be enclosed between the doors (probably only a 6 x 6 area). They will wait for the door to lock behind you and then the guard will buzz open the next door which opens in the vistining area. When you get in, go to your left and give the guard at the table or podium your form and they will tell you which table to sit at. Your best bet now is to put your token on the table and head right for the vending machines with your change. The food goes really fast, so buy anything right away you think you or your loved one might want! Then once you're done sit and wait (sometimes the wait takes forever!!!) at your table. Be sure that you are sitting with your back towards the wall with the doors that the inmates come out of and you're facing the wall with the windows. I actually had a guard correct me on that the first day I was there. The first shift guards were not as friendly as the second shift and made me nervous about every little thing I did. The second shift guards were not even in the room most of the time, there was one woman guard at the front table the entire time during the second shift though. You can use the restroom as much as you need to while you are there, you just walk back to the doors and wait for a guard to let you through, get searched before and after you go, but it's really not that bad at all.

You can hug and kiss when your loved one comes out. Don't worry, after some of the greetings I saw with other couples, ours was G rated LOL. You can also hug and kiss when visitation is over and if you walk up to the table together to get your form and the inmate to get their ID's, you can hold hands, sneak lots of kisses and hugs before you have to go and then get another quick hug and kiss after you gets your things to leave.

As far as attire, I saw people who came dressed in their Sunday church clothes, to normal everyday casual clothes. I wore jeans, a short sleeved shirt and sandals both days that I visited. There are rules posted outside the main entrance when you get there about dress code and such. If you have any doubts about what you want to wear, I would just bring an extra of whatever is questionable in the car incase they tell you to change or wear one of their ugly sweaters LOL which I did see one woman have to do while I was there. You can bring $20 in coins for the vending machines each day, which I did and we didn't even go through all that. My fiance did not drink much the second day because he did on the first and their search is much more extensive than ours when the inmates have to use the restrooms and he said it was not worth the hassle. It did not get over crowded while I was there so no one had to leave to make room for later visitors, but I have been told by many that if it does start getting full and they have to ask people to leave that you should advise the guards if you travelled far so that they let you stay.

Hope this helps :) Oh and the picture that is shown about of the prison, you won't actually see until you are inthe entrance and through to the second building when you are standing outside in the fenced in area.

Kat
06-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Stronger,I couldn't have said it better :)can u believe they are strip searched to go to the bathroom :( didnt use to be like that till a few months ago.I was there the day that started :( BTW I will be there June 30th till July 13th woohoo.

strongernow
06-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Yes the inmates are strip searched, thats what I was getting at in a round about way. It is terrible, but one of the guards I spoke to told me 90% of all contraband comes through the visiting room so I can understand why it is neccesary.

CaraLJB3&4
03-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I have visited my man there twice and I dont understand why he cant hold our son? When he was at Coastal he could play with him and hold him and I could go and get food while he was holding him. I did that at Rogers my first time and the woman stopped me before I even go to the drink machine and made me get my son? That is crap. Also you have to have quarters already whats that about. Coastal you can have paper money but not here they have a coin machine but you cant use it? i just couldnt get over him not being allowed to touch HIS son. what the hay!!! i guess people pass things through the children but they have a full body search when going back. they could catch it then :angry:

Smokelady
03-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Rodgers is crazy I am so glad that my husband was moved from there. I have seen where a child was taking from his Dad I thought that was the meanest thing. I was kissing my husband one time and a gaurd was timing us. He came up and said that he was going to terminate my husband visits. So I ask him in a mean way "How long is to long to kiss?" He couldn't give me a answer. So I told him if I find out that his visitation was terminated that I was going to call the Region Office and he walk away and my husband still was able to get his visits and I kissed him as long as I wanted to. Rodgers if you have not notice, has alot, not all of really mean people working there and they do it just because they feel they could. If you have any problems just call the GDOC and ask for the number of the region that is over Rodgers. They(The Region Office) usually right away call the administrative office at Rodgers and someone from Rodgers will call you back right away to address and resolve your concerns. They may not want to call you and be civil with you, but they have to. GOOD LUCK at Rodgers you will need it!

~BabyG~
03-15-2005, 06:31 PM
I was there for about 2 years with my fiance and we never had any problems. We did run into the visiting room being over crowded but since we drove such a long way, we were allowed to keep our visits. I guess we have all ran into those problems one time or another.

Alexiz
06-12-2005, 06:34 PM
strongernow the info posted was on it. I finally went to see my love this weekend and It was everything you explain. The visit was great, it didn't get over crowed so I stayed until 3pm. To touch him and kiss him was great!!!!

Thanks
Alexiz

1dayatatime
06-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Glad the visit went well!!

ONE

Kat
06-13-2005, 12:37 AM
Alexiz,I will be visiting at rogers 4th of july weekend maybe i will see u in line

kat

zorraa
09-15-2005, 05:56 AM
My ex-son-in-law is at Rogers. The first visit I had with him, I took his 3 kids and I to was shocked about him not being able to hold his kids. The kids did not understand either. I called his counslor and asked him why and he explained that due to their bein child molestors in prison, they have to have that rule for all prisoners. I said well, if a man is there for child molestation, he shouldn't be allowed to have children come visit hime. I guess that since the shake down of some of the officials there at Rogers, the next visit was GREAT. He was allowed to play, hold, and interact with the kids without being told to stop.

vixen_FL
01-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi everyone. My son' father is at Rogers. Visitation there is ok. It was good to find this thread. I wanted to see if any of you still had loved ones there since I see that the messages are from awhile back.

moma k
01-25-2008, 12:18 AM
hi vixen,I have noticed most of these messages are kinda stale,we need more people in the ga forum,i have been trying to find someone with a loved one at walker state,my son is in for a second time,and before he was also at rogers,but he was working for Mobile construction,with that program they move around alot,k

vixen_FL
01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Thanks Moma. I've had the hardest time trying to get proper directions to Rogers coming from FL. I bought a map @ Walgreens yesterday and I can't find anywhere on the map GA Hwy 147. This is driving me crazy. I want to be able to know where I'm going. I don't want to be on pins and needles driving through the country not sure if I'm remotely close. Have to agree w/klyn...I hate GA! lol

smiliey30
01-26-2008, 10:39 PM
hi ladys ,
my boyfreind got moved here about a mounth or so ago .how is that prison for treating the inmates fairly ? how do i get approved for visit after i was denied? our baby got appoved ,she is 2 months old .how is she sapposed to vist without me. thanks ladys
please feel free to email me smiliey3020002000@yahoo.com

god bless us and our new baby girl.

Kat
01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Vixen did you get good directions to Rodgers?I dont go there anymore but if you need me to get good ones for you let me know

Kat

eeniaLorr
01-27-2008, 08:06 AM
Smiliey30,

Before my husband and I got married, I was approved to visit him as the "mother of his child" because I was the way she was able to travel to visit him. We got married about a year later. Unless, there is another reason they are not allowing you to visit (are you on probation or something?) you should be able to visit him along with his child.

smiliey30
01-29-2008, 12:13 AM
no they denied half of his family only my baby and his grandma got approved.he just sent me segnifficante other forms so i can hopefull get approved .no not on probation.i was able to visit him in county jail. thanks
we are enggaged to be married i do not know if we are going to get married will he is in there or wait till he get out .we have not discosed that with one another.

eeniaLorr
01-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Fill out those significant other forms as soon as possible and send them. It is also possible to get special permission to visit from an institution. These permissions are done on a limited basis and I believe are only good for the requested period (such as a weekend visit). Did they give you any reason for denying your visitation requests?

smiliey30
01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
no they did not .thank for the info.I will fill out those paper and send them off.
thanks smiliey30

estanoche
01-31-2008, 09:00 AM
my boyfriend was recently moved to rogers state prison.
i'm completely new to ALL of this.

seriously. i have no clue what to do, where to go, anything.
so you have to be approved to visit?
and when you visit, how long is the visit?

Kat
01-31-2008, 10:21 AM
estanoche,yes you have to be approved. visits are Sat,Sun and holidays for 9am to 3 pm.map quest from where you live to Rogers state.

vixen_FL
01-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi ladies. Welcome smiley and estanoche. Klyn, thanks for asking about the directions. I have had the hardest time trying to get those directions. My b/f called earlier today and asked if I was coming Sat. I tell him that it's hard to find decent directions to get there. I just hate the fact that it's out in the middle of nowhere farmland! Arrrrrgh! Anyway I did plan on going this Sat. but I didn't give him an answer b/c I was afraid to let him down in case I wasn't able to.

vixen_FL
01-31-2008, 05:42 PM
Someone help me....my ticker looks retarded. It looks like it's cut off on the left side.

Kat
01-31-2008, 07:03 PM
Vixen if you need help let me know and we will find easy direction fot you

vixen_FL
02-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I got a road atlas at Walmart earlier today. Only $6 compared to the $20 Walgreens was charging. From what I could figure out I could take North US 1 all the way up and make a right onto GA 147. I also checked www.randmcnally.com (http://www.randmcnally.com) and their directions are about the same. According to that website, it will take me approx. 4 hrs to get there. The estimated distance is 214 miles.

Kat
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
vixen I am glad you found good directions if you are staying the weekend let me know and I will tell you were I stayed safe and clean.and not to far away from the prison

vixen_FL
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks klyn. It would be nice if I could stay so that my son and I can also visit on Sunday. Unfortunately it won't be possible because my family doesn't even know that we are communicating again. So for right now I'll just do the drive once a month or so. I was also planning on going up there on President' Day. I believe that's a state holiday and my son will be out of school.

Kat
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
No Problem when you get ready to stay the weekend let me know and I will give you the info.

Kat

tland
02-24-2008, 09:07 AM
my brother has been back in prison for over a year now,and when he writes all he talks about is wanting to get transfered,how do i go about getting him moved to another prison???He hates it there,he calls it a shithole and people steal his food and he doesnt want to have to fight for his belongings so he said he took himself to the hole so he wouldnt get in any trouble,can u take urself to the hole,and if so can u still write letters and receive them,because after we got that last letter,we havent heard from him since and its been a month,we r really worried.Please someone tell me how to get him moved to another prison,
Rodgers is crazy I am so glad that my husband was moved from there. I have seen where a child was taking from his Dad I thought that was the meanest thing. I was kissing my husband one time and a gaurd was timing us. He came up and said that he was going to terminate my husband visits. So I ask him in a mean way "How long is to long to kiss?" He couldn't give me a answer. So I told him if I find out that his visitation was terminated that I was going to call the Region Office and he walk away and my husband still was able to get his visits and I kissed him as long as I wanted to. Rodgers if you have not notice, has alot, not all of really mean people working there and they do it just because they feel they could. If you have any problems just call the GDOC and ask for the number of the region that is over Rodgers. They(The Region Office) usually right away call the administrative office at Rodgers and someone from Rodgers will call you back right away to address and resolve your concerns. They may not want to call you and be civil with you, but they have to. GOOD LUCK at Rodgers you will need it!

jansman12
02-24-2008, 09:31 AM
You can call the prison and find out from his counselor if he is in the hole. Also he has to put in for the transfer from his counselor. He has to make an appointment before they will talk to him. He needs to do this before anything can be started. You can also call and talk to his counselor yourself but he has to put in for the transfer.

jansman12
02-24-2008, 09:32 AM
oh yea another thing is they have to be there six months before they can put in for a transfer. Not the time they have been in but the time they have been in that prison

twistedshorty
04-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Hey a friend of mine was asking about a family visit do they allow them at this facility and if so does anyone have the rules and regs on such a visit. My man is in Cali and we get em someone at work here in GA and she was asking. I will turn her on to this web site. she works days and I work nights so I just thought I would get the ball rollin for her. Thanks for the information.

Kat
04-13-2008, 12:03 PM
no there is no family visit in GA when you visit you are at little tables you get a hug and kiss when you get there and when you leave thats it

twistedshorty
04-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks Klyn for the information. My boss told this lady that I knew all the in's & out's and asked me about it. I told her I know about my man N our stuff. I gave her the addy so she could know all the in's N out's as well. I give a lot of credit to this site. Thanks to all for your time.

Kat
04-13-2008, 11:21 PM
you are welcome and if I can be any more help just let me know he was at Rodger for 3 years..

clemon1
06-03-2009, 10:17 PM
My husband is at Rogers State Prison currently. There has NEVER been a problem with him holding our granddaughter. And the guards have all been okay, just doing their job. But, not bothering anyone.

alexandramarie
07-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Hi... Im kinda new at this! My man just got moved to Rogers about a week ago, I was wondering what I can expect from the prison. I know some of the posts are old, I was really just wondering what has changed? What hasn't? And how ya'll cope with these guys being gone soo damn long! Anything would really help right now, I thought I was the only one in this position until I found this site.

moma k
07-03-2009, 10:57 PM
good luck alex,,and I hope you have great visits,,my brother was there and it seems to be ok,,as far as prisons go,,its hot,,no air,,but its also that way at alot off the prisons,,make sure you wear cloths that cover you up,,and nothing see thru,,take some change in a zip lock bag,,I usually take about 20 bucks in change,,have your Id and be sure to lock your car,,you guys can kiss and hug when you go in and when you leave,,thats it,,no hand holding,,hope this helps,,let me know if you have more ?s,,

drewsylla
08-12-2009, 07:33 PM
I used to work at Rogers, and was there for about a year and a half. If you want to ask me any questions, feel free to pm me and I can help you guys out.

svamom
08-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Hey, I looked over the thread and seen there was no up to date info on the prison and was curious if there was anyone out there that could help me w/ some info. Im also gonna go to the prison weddings forum and husband and boyfriends. Me and my fiance decided to jump the broom while he is still in his bid. Basically, he's @ Rodgers and I have no idea where to even begin to accomplish this. We are both so excited.... And clueless. Lol. Can anyone help?

nikkiandmikey
02-01-2011, 09:00 PM
ok so i have a question about visitation. btw even though the begining of this thread is very old its very full of information. so my quesiton is about the chairs and tables. What kind of chairs are there? is it like the wobbly cheap patio furniture or is it regular chairs? my daughter is a wiggle worm and every where we go that has the cheap patio type chairs she always gets us in trouble for knocking the chair over. i know most of the tables are little bitty patio plastic style tables but sometimes the chairs are more sturdier.