FAX : (404) 624-2235

ADULT FEMALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 705
CONSTRUCTED: 1979
OPENED: 1980
SECURITY LEVEL: CLOSE/MAXIMUM
RENOVATED: 1993

HISTORY:
Provides diagnostic services and chronic/acute medical services to include a 13-bed female infirmary, Levels I through V Mental Health treatment for female prisoners and UDS female services. A portion of the prison is dedicated to general population inmates and special living (mental health).

HOUSING:
Consists of seven housing units that have the capability of housing 120 inmates each.

WORK DETAILS:
Building Orderlies, Back Gate Orderlies, Food Service, Maintenance, Inside and Outside Grounds, Paint Detail, GEMA, GSP Drivers License, Warehouse, Food Warehouse, GCI Panel Shop, Laundry, Sanitation and Georgia Public Safety. Provides food service for the Metro Transitional Center and the Jimmy Helms Diversion Center.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Literacy, Special Education, GSAMS

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, AA/NA, Relapse Prevention

Counseling: Sex Offender, Conflict/Stress Management, Vital Issues, Survival of Sexual Abuse, Parenting, Family Violence, Corrective Thinking, Victim Impacts

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Worship Services, Bible Study, Gospel Choir, Religious Groups

Vocational/OJT: Cosmetology, Building Maintenance, Laundry, Food Preparation, Warehouse, Teacher Aide, Correctional Industries Panels/Reupholstery, Computer Technology and Customer Service Representative

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: Take I-20 East and exit onto Moreland Avenue (East Atlanta Exit). Travel South on Moreland Avenue unit you come to Bailey Street (across from the Overnite Truck Company). Turn left onto Bailey Street which will change into Constitution Road. Travel on Constitution Road until the sign for Metro State Prison is seen (located on the left of the street). Then turn right onto the access road to Metro SP. OR Take I-285 to the east side of Atlanta. Exit onto Bouldercrest Road. Travel West on Bouldercrest. At the third stop light, Bouldercrest turns to the right, continue straight onto Constitution Road for approximately two miles. Metro SP is on the left.

chic2006
01-05-2006, 07:50 PM
how can i find information on an inmate in metro??

Whiskeydawn
02-16-2006, 11:23 PM
|| -- Georgia Department of Corrections -- || (http://www.dcor.state.ga.us/GDC/OffenderQuery/jsp/OffQryForm.jsp) :thumbsup:

robertev35
11-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Msp

ezy4u2say
03-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Is there a way of sending email or chatting with inmate at Metro?
I have a friend doing some time. Have not spoken in a few years,wondering if I could help or just say hello and give some sort of support.
Thanks

frmrinmate
06-07-2010, 08:46 AM
The only way to correspond with an inmate at metro is mail, or telephone.

kam31985
06-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Does anyone know about visitation at Metro State Prison??