FAX : (229) 248-3041

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 200
CONSTRUCTED: 1954
OPENED: 1954
SECURITY LEVEL: MINIMUM
RENOVATED: 1977

MISSION:
Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Decatur County Government.

HOUSING:
Four open dormitories.

WORK DETAILS:
Provides details to Road Department, County Landfill and other County and State Government agencies.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED

Substance Abuse: AA/NA, Substance Abuse Education

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-85 South to Columbus, GA. From Columbus take GA 1 (US 27 South) to Bainbridge. Exit on 84 West, go approximately 50 yards, turn left onto Airport Road. Decatur County Prison is one mile on the right.

laketa4782
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm trying to find out more information about Decatur County CI, especially about visitation procedures. My boyfriend was just transferred there from Dooly State Prison last night. I also wanted to see if anyone could tell be difference between a state facility and county camp.

kae
02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
hi laketa4782. i'm not familiar with decatur county ci but welcome to pto. call them directly for their visitation.

phatdaddy_baby
06-30-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm trying to find out more information about Decatur County CI, especially about visitation procedures. My boyfriend was just transferred there from Dooly State Prison last night. I also wanted to see if anyone could tell be difference between a state facility and county camp.

hey i wanted to get some info on the visits at dcci... my bf is there and i live in florida.. how long are the visits and what can u bring?

LovelyV
03-22-2011, 12:07 AM
hey, my husband is there, its okay, I am not sure about the difference between a county camp and a state facility since my husband was sent there and not a state facility but vistation is okay, I love going to see him every week and is laid back, no one is bothering you.... I HEAR alot of people talking about prisons not letting you touch each other but me and my husband touch and hug althrough the visit and no one says any thing hope this helps....:)