FAX : (770) 830-5904

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 240
CONSTRUCTED: 1991
OPENED: 1987
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: n/a

MISSION:
Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Carroll County Government.

HOUSING:
Four dormitories with 60 beds each in combination of single beds and bunk beds.

WORK DETAILS:
Provides details to build and maintain roads throughout the county.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED

Substance Abuse: AA/NA, Substance Abuse Education

Counseling: Individual Counseling

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services
Vocational/OJT: Auto Mechanics, Heavy Road Equipment, Food Service, Asphalt Paving and Laundry

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-20 West to Exit #24 then left onto Highway 61. After 15 miles, go West onto Highway 166 by pass. After overpass take first right onto Old Newnan Road. After Koffee Kart Vending, turn right on Precision Pass then right onto Horsley Mill Road. Carroll County Prison is on the left.

swtmel
09-27-2004, 02:26 PM
This is a pretty cool looking building. I think its seven stories high and each floor houses different types of inmates (i.e. one floor is for women). When you enter the building there is a reception desk and the visiting windows. There is a courtroom through the door by the reception desk. This is the room where first appearances and probable cause hearings are held, there are also other various precedures taken place in this room. All in all its a nice building with friendly staff. I have never visited an inmate in this facility but because of my job I am there about two days a week. I think the name on the building says (Ward Bell Detention Center) and it is relatively new to the area. If anyone needs any directions (further from the ones listed) pm me and I will tell you more about it.

liljordan
09-30-2004, 11:42 PM
This is a pretty cool looking building. I think its seven stories high and each floor houses different types of inmates (i.e. one floor is for women). When you enter the building there is a reception desk and the visiting windows. There is a courtroom through the door by the reception desk. This is the room where first appearances and probable cause hearings are held, there are also other various precedures taken place in this room. All in all its a nice building with friendly staff. I have never visited an inmate in this facility but because of my job I am there about two days a week. I think the name on the building says (Ward Bell Detention Center) and it is relatively new to the area. If anyone needs any directions (further from the ones listed) pm me and I will tell you more about it.

swtmel
11-18-2004, 09:18 AM
ummm there is also the Jail here in town which is pretty cool. If anyone needs info on that let me know, I got a very special behind the scenes, just me and one guard tour yestersay...got to love working for an attorney/judge :)

klwlmh
10-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Is this the jail located across the street from West Central? If not, what is the name of that jail?

Kris -n- Lin

curious824
11-15-2005, 10:10 AM
klwlmh-yes it is!
swtmel-hey girl long time no talk! its me Veronica!!!! hows criminology life treating u? i'm still in newnan, funny story, my babys daddy thats still locked up was in carrollton jail for a party gettin busted up and i had to go bail him out, probablly shoulda left him there, he he...pm me sometime to catch up:)

Engaged :(
03-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Can someone give me some information about mail and/or packages? Also, I should be getting to visit next weekend:yay: The first visit without glass in 8 long months! Any info about visits would be wonderful.

Thanks - Hope everybody has a good day! :)

viandu
03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
My husband was at Carroll County last year for only about a month, but I remember the visits!!! The visitation there is Saturday and Sunday from 9am - 1pm. The visits take place under a pavillion where everyone sits at picnic tables. They were pretty lenient with the touching, like holding hands or arm around shoulder, and they let our young son sit in his lap. You can't get up and walk around at all. You have to stay seated during the entire visit. Have everything covered up, and nothing see-through or they won't let you in. If you need more info., I will see what I remember.;)

Engaged :(
03-31-2006, 11:34 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the info!

KimberlyBall
07-10-2009, 06:19 AM
does anyone know what the dress code is? I am worried about my bra (I know I probably sound crazy) But how am I going to go through a metal detector with a wired bra on? I dont own a bra without the wire and I dont have the time to go buy one I am planning on going tomorrow?!?!

Tmorris125
10-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I sure the wire in your bra will be fine. Mine has never set it off. Of course there is not much of it. Anyway, I too need all the info I can get. My son just got transferred there last night. I have not heard from him since he is probably sleeping all day today. How is the place? How are the guards? How is the food? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

KimberlyBall
10-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I sure the wire in your bra will be fine. Mine has never set it off. Of course there is not much of it. Anyway, I too need all the info I can get. My son just got transferred there last night. I have not heard from him since he is probably sleeping all day today. How is the place? How are the guards? How is the food? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

When Jeremy (my fiancee) got shipped there it took him 3 days to call, he said he was just figuring the place out and trying to get settled in, so don't worry! Carroll County Prison is a VERY nice prison, Jeremy and I both count it as a blessing he got sent there because I know there are some in Georgia you wouldn't want to have to leave your dog at! The guards are "guards" they start more bull-crap than the inmates do, but there are a few that are good! Jeremy says the food is ALOT better than Jackson, lol! They only get 2 meals on the weekends and they're normally sandwiches or something very simple, so be sure (if you can) that he has money on his books for soup or whatever he likes! The prison is very nice. to be a "prison" I guess, lol... Visitations are very laid back (the outside ones are, the inside visitations are a little more strick) They only have outside visits when the weather is nice, they are held under a little pavillion thing, inside visits are VERY loud and cramped, but it's worth getting to see him (minus the 2+ hr drive :mad:) Anyways, if you have any more questions just let me know!!!

Kimberly Ball

Tmorris125
10-17-2009, 09:00 PM
When Jeremy (my fiancee) got shipped there it took him 3 days to call, he said he was just figuring the place out and trying to get settled in, so don't worry! Carroll County Prison is a VERY nice prison, Jeremy and I both count it as a blessing he got sent there because I know there are some in Georgia you wouldn't want to have to leave your dog at! The guards are "guards" they start more bull-crap than the inmates do, but there are a few that are good! Jeremy says the food is ALOT better than Jackson, lol! They only get 2 meals on the weekends and they're normally sandwiches or something very simple, so be sure (if you can) that he has money on his books for soup or whatever he likes! The prison is very nice. to be a "prison" I guess, lol... Visitations are very laid back (the outside ones are, the inside visitations are a little more strick) They only have outside visits when the weather is nice, they are held under a little pavillion thing, inside visits are VERY loud and cramped, but it's worth getting to see him (minus the 2+ hr drive :mad:) Anyways, if you have any more questions just let me know!!!

Kimberly Ball

Thank you so much for responding. He has been very lucky at the places he has been to except Jackson and Bostick. I am just concern because I have not heard from him and that is not like him not to call. I'm not sure I like your statement about the guards cause more problems than the inmates. How bad are they? Sorry I am a mother hen when it comes to my kids LOL. But thanks so much for responding.