05-04-2004, 09:08 AM
FDOC Re-Entry Info (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/reentry-menu.html)
Probation Facilities (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/comcor/index.html)
Re-Entry Centers (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/facilitydir.html#Re-Entry)
Work Camps, Forestry Camps and Road Prisons (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/facilitydir.html#5)
Work Release Centers (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/orginfo/facilitydir.html#6)
07-24-2007, 10:27 AM
My best friend is currently incarcertated at Lancaster Correctional. He wrote me and asked about a WRC in Navarre, FL. Can you tell me if you know of any that will be opening closer to Destin, FL? Right now he's being opted to enter WRC in Pensacola, FL. I don't mind driving to Pensacola, but I'd rather him be closer.
11-22-2007, 08:35 AM
sweetpea, the number for Ft. Pierce Work Release isn't a good number, I'm getting a recording saying "the number or code you dialed isn't correct". tried it twice.
and i can't find Work Release center contact info on the DOC website. when you click on the WRC on the interactive map, it just links me to the Martin CI page since they report to Martin. Ugh! Can you help?
04-05-2008, 07:44 AM
I am new here, and am not really sure if I am posting in the correct thread or not. But my query does concern the work release program.
When a woman has been in the Florida prison system, and is released to a work release program such as a half way house, there is a coordinator that finds work for her. I believe the amount she gives up from her paycheck is 55% or 65%, but I am not sure of this at the moment.
My question are these:
1) How many jobs is the woman required to work in one day?
1b) What is the maximum number of jobs she would/could be required to work in one day?
2) How is it determined how much is given back to the state from her paychecks?
3) How many hours is customary for her to work per day?
4) Is it unusual for her to work two jobs in a day and be working around a 15 hour day?
5) Is this work the same as a civilian job in which taxes are taken and does she file state and federal taxes as normal when a civilian?
6) If she is incarcerated in Florida and is from another state, how would she file taxes when she returns home?
I know these are many questions, but I need to know.
Thank you kindly for your time and assistance.