View Full Version : Maryland Reception, Diagnostics and Classification Center ~ MRDCC

kintml2u
05-22-2004, 06:33 AM
Maryland Reception, Diagnostics and Classification Center ~ MRDCC

Address

550 East Madison Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202

410-332-0970

More Information Link

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/locations/mrdcc.shtml

Visiting Information

Saturday and Sunday
9:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.

Any inmate may receive visits, beginning the 60 calendar days after he is received at MRDCC. Visiting for inmates will be determined by the commitment number. An inmate with a number ending with an even number (0,2,4,6,8) may receive visits on even numbered days. An inmate with a number ending with an odd number (1,3,5,7,9) may received visits on odd numbered days. Inmates may receive 4 visits per month. No more than 3 visitors, including children, may visit at any one time.

VinMel
01-09-2007, 09:50 PM
what do they mean when they say its an intake faclity

DOCSux1
01-10-2007, 07:48 PM
When an inmate goes into the state system, transferred usually from county, this is where they go first and get assigned their inmate # and get classified.

trains
01-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Hello,

I'm from the victim's side. My 23 nephew was killed by a drunk/drug driver Superbowl night 2006. I wanted to make sure he was sent to a Maryland State Prison instead of sitting in D.O.C. (Dept. of Corrections.) So I'm sorry if this isn't the right topic for this posting.

An officer from Calvert County Detention Center told me the prisoners are transferred from their facilities twice a month to Baltmore Reception Center.

They are held ROUGHLY 30 to 90 days to determine which state prison they will be sent to after evaluating their crime, sentence, behavior, mental state, etc. The 30 to 90 day is not a timeframe set in gold, which is why I said ROUGHLY.

The main state prisons are Baltimore, Cumberland (A new facility) Jessup, Hagerstown and Salisbury.

There are websites you can locate a inmate, write to inmates, etc.

I hope this has been informative.

I wish you all the best in this rough time.

beachmom57
02-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Do the inmates have use of a telephone while they are in this reception place in Baltimore? They moved my husband last thursday, and we have not heard from him at all. How long do they stay there? Thanks for any info. Karen

DOCSux1
02-07-2007, 08:29 AM
They cannot make make phone calls. The average stay there lately seems to have been roughly 30 days. Mine was there 28 days.

VinMel
02-27-2007, 07:48 AM
when my baby was there he called me all the time

livyluvinsean
10-23-2007, 09:52 PM
my fiance is in mrdcc and ive heard from him twice, once when he got in there and the 2nd time he had to talk to the guard because his id number didnt go thru yet, its been about 4 weeks since hes been in there, he said he should be transfered this week sometime they just gave him a trial date for his appeal and they said hes goin to trans unit in jessup i dont know what that is or anything but he did apply for boot camp

davesgirl01
10-31-2007, 09:53 AM
liv: do you know how much time was taken off his sentence? was he a violent or non-violent offender? did they give him 4 months for every year or 6 months? my fiance' is going to mrdcc on monday and he has heard that they are giving 6 months off for every year to non- violent offenders. i was just wanting to know.

jarrel's wify 1
03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
may i ask y arent they able to make fone calls?????:angry: are they able to recieve pictures?? no nasty ones or revealing ones either...

jarrel's wify 1
03-13-2008, 11:58 AM
sorry for the spelling errors, but you know what i mean

jlynn57
04-08-2008, 03:58 PM
;) Well, here I am on a site I thought as a mom I wouldn't have to be on or visit. I hope to find some friends and people/moms to relate with. My son has just began his time as of Sunday. I guess I will learn as I read other posts as to how all of this works. Bare with me. :) I had one min. to talk to him today to get an address for him. Not sure where he will be sent to for final stay yet. His sentence is 6 yrs.! I hear with good time that can be cut in half.??? God Bless to all who have loved ones in this situation.
Peace and Love,
jlynn57

DOCSux1
04-08-2008, 07:42 PM
One way to track him besides the DOC inmate locator, is www.vinelink.com (http://www.vinelink.com). That will tell you what facility because he will be moved from MRDCC....that is just a classification center....

lovin_sean
04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
;) Well, here I am on a site I thought as a mom I wouldn't have to be on or visit. I hope to find some friends and people/moms to relate with. My son has just began his time as of Sunday. I guess I will learn as I read other posts as to how all of this works. Bare with me. :) I had one min. to talk to him today to get an address for him. Not sure where he will be sent to for final stay yet. His sentence is 6 yrs.! I hear with good time that can be cut in half.??? God Bless to all who have loved ones in this situation.
Peace and Love,
jlynn57

Hi there,

Yes, I think that we can all agree that this is one site we never wanted to be on:D, but so glad that it's here. If he hasn't been 'up the road' before, he may not have to serve the full 6 years (unless it was a violent offense). My honey was sentenced to 11 years, but will only end up serving a little over 4 years, as he was approved for the MAP (mutual agreement program).

Amanda23
09-04-2008, 09:14 PM
My Fiancee is at M.R.D.C.C in Baltimore only in his case He has chosen to serve his sentance there. He works every day so He usually gets the opportunity to call me once every few weeks. I;m going to go visit him for the first time. If there is anyone reading this who has been there to visit someone I would love to hear from you. I'm nervous because I'm not familiar with where it is. I've been to the transition center on Forrest Street. From what the map I looked at shows it;s close by but being that I don't live in Bmore I could use some help.

Mrs.Fletcher
09-19-2008, 01:01 AM
My fiance just left from this facility and was transferred to JCI. As far as I know they are allowed to make phone calls because he tried to call me but I didnt have that phone thing set up, which I think is a pain in the ass. They just should have left it the old way by letting them call collect. Amanda, I've only been there a couple of times, only to visit the building because he wasn't allowed to have visits yet but at least he could look out the window and see me. Anyway, if you can find E. Madison and Greenmount then that's where he is. I'm from the Eastern Shore so I'm not really familiar with the area either. Its right across from BCCC I know that. If it wasn't for my GPS I would definitely be lost.

kimberly612
11-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi My son was transferred to MRDCC OCT 29 and he called me once there. Once they are processed it takes 48 hours to have the dept enter there phone list and they are able to call out.If you have any blocks on your phone You must call 1-800-844-6591 and they will remove it. If there is a problen with them making phone calls you can call Ms Taft at 410-727-3693 and she will handle any problems. Your not going to sentence my son for 5 years for his first time in trouble and then tell me he cant make phone calls. I dont think so.They cannot make make phone calls. The average stay there lately seems to have been roughly 30 days. Mine was there 28 days.

wadeslove
07-04-2009, 02:17 PM
my man is there too.He says it SUX as far as prisins go. locked in 23 hours a day! I cant begin to imagine.He has a revocation hearing in about a week.hope all goes well and he doesnt have to serve out the rest of his sentence which is about 4 years:( I miss him so much

wadeslove
07-10-2009, 01:48 AM
My man is at MRDCC and I got a letter yesterday asking why I havent wrote in over a week?! I've sent him 2 letters that he obviously has not recieved.I feel terrible coz the last letter he got I was kinda cussin him out for being back in jail!Now he thinks I've abandoned him!Has anyone else had this problem?Also there was money orders in both!

T'sfiance
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
My man is at MRDCC and I got a letter yesterday asking why I havent wrote in over a week?! I've sent him 2 letters that he obviously has not recieved.I feel terrible coz the last letter he got I was kinda cussin him out for being back in jail!Now he thinks I've abandoned him!Has anyone else had this problem?Also there was money orders in both!

My fiancee has been at MRDCC for 2 weeks now. I wrote him 2 letters, one had a money order in it, he received both letters and the money order without a problem. He has called me everyday also. They are out from 9-11 am then 1-2pm one day, then the next day they alternate being out of the cell from 6-9 pm. Hopefully, this helps!

hart
08-20-2009, 12:04 PM
I am another heartbroken Mom, my son was sent to Baltimore yesterday and I do not know where he will be going. I am so worried and sad all of the time, it is hard for me to focus on anything. How are you coping and how do you get through each day?

nn57;3547053];) Well, here I am on a site I thought as a mom I wouldn't have to be on or visit. I hope to find some friends and people/moms to relate with. My son has just began his time as of Sunday. I guess I will learn as I read other posts as to how all of this works. Bare with me. :) I had one min. to talk to him today to get an address for him. Not sure where he will be sent to for final stay yet. His sentence is 6 yrs.! I hear with good time that can be cut in half.??? God Bless to all who have loved ones in this situation.
Peace and Love,
jlynn57
[/quote]

hart
08-20-2009, 12:05 PM
I never thought I would be on a site like this, I am so grateful for this site to find people who understand. My heart is so heavy because I miss my boy so much and worry about him constantly. Do you have trouble getting through the day?

JoesGirl4ever
09-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Can you please give me some info. about this place? My bf just got there today(according to the Inmate Locator online), he transfered from a local detention center so he could get his sentence shortened. I haven't heard from him since he got there. Maybe they will let him make 1 call? The website for MRDC doesn't say anything about how to send mail, what the rules are about what you can and can't send through the mail, when I can start writing to him, etc...Don't know the first steps I need to take. Do I set up a phone account and if so, with who? CBS? T-Netix? Do I have to wait to hear from him first before I can send a letter? I keep reading all these posts and to be quite frank it makes me upset to know that I might not hear from him at all while there. (some woman say they can make calls and other women said they can't. So who do I believe??) I used the inmate located online, and it shows an ID # for him. Is this his new Inmate # for this place? Also, someone said on here that they are locked down for 23 hours each day?? Then another said they are out from 9-11 and 1-2, then 6-9 on alternate days? Which is correct? Why so many different answers on here? I gather than they all don't get treated the same? My guy is not a violent offender. Maybe this will matter in how he is treated?

From what I read from someone elses post, was that inmates can receive newspapers and puzzles while there? Is this true? Where can I find a list of the rules and regulations concerning the mail system there? I am so anxious to make sure he has stuff to do but don't know when to get started. Please, can someone answer these questions for me? Thank you so much and sorry so long...

Mrs. Harper
09-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Ok so my man has been at MRDCC for the past few months. He's on 3B, the working man's tier. Before I give you a rundown of what I know I need to know a few things. Is your man just there for holding until he is transferred somewhere else or will he be staying at MRDCC. Also if he does get to call you soon it is more beneficial for him to try and get onto the working man's tier if he does stay. His visits would start immediately versus the 60 wait that other inmates have. As far as lock down times it all depends on where he is going to be housed. After you get back to me with answers for my questions above I will fill you in on all the info I can. :o

Mrs. Harper
09-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Can you please give me some info. about this place? My bf just got there today(according to the Inmate Locator online), he transfered from a local detention center so he could get his sentence shortened. I haven't heard from him since he got there. Maybe they will let him make 1 call? The website for MRDC doesn't say anything about how to send mail, what the rules are about what you can and can't send through the mail, when I can start writing to him, etc...Don't know the first steps I need to take. Do I set up a phone account and if so, with who? CBS? T-Netix? Do I have to wait to hear from him first before I can send a letter? I keep reading all these posts and to be quite frank it makes me upset to know that I might not hear from him at all while there. (some woman say they can make calls and other women said they can't. So who do I believe??) I used the inmate located online, and it shows an ID # for him. Is this his new Inmate # for this place? Also, someone said on here that they are locked down for 23 hours each day?? Then another said they are out from 9-11 and 1-2, then 6-9 on alternate days? Which is correct? Why so many different answers on here? I gather than they all don't get treated the same? My guy is not a violent offender. Maybe this will matter in how he is treated?

From what I read from someone elses post, was that inmates can receive newspapers and puzzles while there? Is this true? Where can I find a list of the rules and regulations concerning the mail system there? I am so anxious to make sure he has stuff to do but don't know when to get started. Please, can someone answer these questions for me? Thank you so much and sorry so long...

One more thing. Is your bf from aberdeen by any chance? Did he work for a roofing company or some kind of company with a guy named Rob?? My man was just talking to me earlier about a guy named Joe that just came in there today and they know each other. If this is the same guy and they are on the same tier then I can get in contact with him when my man calls me at 6pm and possibly do a 3way call for you. I have to make sure it's the right guy though! lol Let me know and we can set something up if so. Check your private messages for phone number and name.

scherri19
01-28-2010, 12:12 AM
hello everyone! im new to this site, i found it when i was searching trying to get some information about mrdcc. Im also not too suree how to use thiss site so if anyone could give me a little info would be great. My boyfriend is in county jail but will soon be going to baltimore to then figure out wheere after that..i just want to know how it is there? how long they stay in baltimore. i talk to him everyday now and the visits are horrible at county. I heard you are locked up and only get out an hour a day is that true? & also when he does go up the road, whereever that may be, how bad is it going to be? and how are the visits, they are contact visits right? thank you !! pleasee help

pradav87
04-26-2010, 06:39 AM
My hubby has been in here for a week now. He's called me everyday since he was brought up to Baltimore. The inmates are gicen 5 minute phone calls.... sux because we were so used to the 20min calls when he was in jail. But, it's alright I'll manage.

One thing I will tell you is that it's a bitter sweet situation. I haven't been in my man's arms almost a year and I miss him sooo much. I'm just waiting on him to get transffered so I can hug my baby again!!

God bless you ladies, Have pacience :)

Houston49
05-11-2010, 02:53 PM
what do they mean when they say its an intake faclity
I don't know, but i would like to find out some information of this facility.
My son was taken there yesterday, from HCDC. Have no idea why... and when you call they don't have a clue either... anyway..
(1) Is this the Baltimore City Jail?
(2) Are they allowed to make phone calls?
(3) Why do they send them there when they have already been sentences to HCDC..
If anyone can shead some light...

THanks... Worried MOM

Tender
05-11-2010, 08:56 PM
sorry to hear about everybodies lost.. i am sad myself. I have a question. How do you send money orders to MRDCC? I been searching for this answer for hours. Can someone help?

4EVAUS
05-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Hello everyone!

My boyfriend is over mrdcc as well which is also know as d.o.c. However i 8 this institution but i can say usually they are very professional. On the other hand the phone calls are 5minutes long 85cents 87 with tax if u get a local number added to ya tnetix.they rec in intervals everyother day. One day in the am the next in the evening around 6pm. As for the tnetix if hes gotten transferred from lk cbif or bcdc be3cuz hes caugfht his time or he violated u must call cbs and let them know each insitution that hes at if not the calls might not go through. Another thing my hubby came over ther with fresh underclothes...polo necks, fresh socks && fresh boxer briefs etc that didnt let him have n e of that thank god they let him keep his 993s anyway on another note everyone that goes to prison must go though mrdcc..this is where thier are classifed which i think this is a mess for real. Oh the money orders are to be sent to finance through a po box i believe its po box 17111baltimore md

ChickfromMD
05-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Hey Houston!

MRDCC is located in Baltimore City, but it's actually a classification and diagnostic center for Maryland DOC. Typically, for people who were transferred over from county facilities, it means that they have been sentenced to serve their time with the Maryland DOC. They are no longer wards of the county, but wards of the state. This sometimes depends on the ruling of the judge, the nature of the crime and/or the length of the sentence. I would guess that he's been sentenced to a sentence over 18 months or a particular judge ordered him to serve his time at DOC instead of with the county. That could be a reason why he was transferred. You can look him up in the Maryland Judiciary CaseSearch for more details of his sentence if you weren't in court with him. At this facility, he will typically only stay here temporarily and they will classify him and see which other facility to send him to based on how many "points" he has. That's where he will serve his sentence usually. Don't be surprised if you don't hear from him by phone because I don't believe everyone is allowed to make calls - I believe I remember hearing that only parole violators are allowed to use the phones, or guys who get parole violators to let them use their information to dial out. He will usually only be at this facility long enough to get classified before he is transferred.

Good luck!

Stormer
05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Does anyone know the mail guidelines at this facility? Are inmates allowed to send and receive mail at anytime at this facility?

ChickfromMD
05-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Yes, inmates can send and receive mail at this facility - I think it takes an extra day or so for the mailroom to process incoming mail though. When my man was there, he didn't have any money so he was given writing materials and just put "n/f" in the corner instead of a stamp so he could send the mail. He wrote to me right away, and I was able to send him newspapers and sudoku puzzles that I printed from the internet along with his letters, which really helped him pass the time.

Good luck!

Mary13134
06-05-2010, 08:05 PM
sorry to hear about everybodies lost.. i am sad myself. I have a question. How do you send money orders to MRDCC? I been searching for this answer for hours. Can someone help?

My husband is there. this is how the money orders are to be sent. MRDCC is a bunch of idiots and wont give you any info if you can get them to answer the phone to start with.

Inmates Name
C/O MRDCC-inmates id #
PO BOX 17111
Baltimore,MD 21297-1111

PM me if you have any questions.

tjfr2010
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I am trying to figure out as to why they are not giving my husband his mail and i need to know if they find him innocent on his VOP will the parole board give him his parole back?

dustinsgirl0726
09-29-2011, 05:39 PM
Has anyone known someone that was sent here on gps strap violations and had to go for a law hearing? my fiance has strap violations and were trying to figure out if he is going to have to serve his whole parole time.

dustinsgirl0726
09-29-2011, 05:42 PM
if they look at the window can you see them or can they just see you?

elltre1117
10-07-2011, 05:48 AM
:)they cannot make make phone calls. The average stay there lately seems to have been roughly 30 days. Mine was there 28 days.
my fiance is in mrdcc and he calls everyday. One day morning and next day evening
call 1800 844 6591 to set up a prepaid phone account for inmates to call home

elltre1117
10-07-2011, 05:59 AM
:oI don't know, but i would like to find out some information of this facility.
My son was taken there yesterday, from HCDC. Have no idea why... and when you call they don't have a clue either... anyway..
(1) Is this the Baltimore City Jail?
(2) Are they allowed to make phone calls?
(3) Why do they send them there when they have already been sentences to HCDC..
If anyone can shead some light...

THanks... Worried MOM
HI MY FIANCE IS IN MRDCC AND GOING TO HAGERSTOWN WHEN THEY GET HIM CLASSIFIED. HE TOLD ME HE WAS BEEN SEEN BY A DENTIST, AND PSYCHOLOGIST, AND THE GAVE HIM AN ESTIMATED TIME OF REALEASE BASE ON HIS CHARGES AND PAST RECORD WHICH WILL BE MAY 2018 HOWEVER THAT CAN BE SHORTENED BY THE JOB PROGRAMS THEY TAKE THERE. HOPING TO SEE HIM LONG BEFORE THAT
HE IS APPEALING THE SENTENCE WHICH WAS 10 YEARS.

elltre1117
10-07-2011, 06:05 AM
sorry to hear about everybodies lost.. I am sad myself. I have a question. How do you send money orders to mrdcc? I been searching for this answer for hours. Can someone help?

i called mrdcc and they gave me a address to send money orders

mrdcc
p o box 17111
baltimore md 21297 1111

DON'T FORGET TO PUT HIS ID NUMBER AND NAME ON THE MONEY ORDER

1stladypistola
11-13-2011, 10:54 AM
if they look at the window can you see them or can they just see you?

They can only see you

1stladypistola
11-13-2011, 10:59 AM
i called mrdcc and they gave me a address to send money orders

mrdcc
p o box 17111
baltimore md 21297 1111

DON'T FORGET TO PUT HIS ID NUMBER AND NAME ON THE MONEY ORDER

when you send the money order it is not supose to say MRDCC, any prison in MD you send the money orders to that same address, however the name will chnage. For MRDCC it is suppose to be MRDC123456..meaning only the 1st 4 letters of the prison initials then his inmate number. On the money order it is suppose to be made out to the same thing, MRDC123456. If it's a prison with only 3 letters like JCI, then you add an x making it JCIX123456..my fiance has been to both prisons, for almost a year now..The people who work at MRDCC are clueless to anything about the priosn..it's crazy they can't even answer visiting hour questions, just simple things..hope this helps.

angelhands
11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
What about getting married in mrdcc? ?? Does anyone know about that??

jennada123
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Hello

jennada123
01-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Sorry everyone just trying to figure out how to use this site. My fiance' was transfered there this morning from harford county...i have never been through this before and i have no idea what the rules are or anything. I have been calling there all day and noone is answering. When can I see him...where do I write to...he don't have our new house number how can i get it to him? Please help..i'm so lost and confused

krissie0978
01-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Sorry everyone just trying to figure out how to use this site. My fiance' was transfered there this morning from harford county...i have never been through this before and i have no idea what the rules are or anything. I have been calling there all day and noone is answering. When can I see him...where do I write to...he don't have our new house number how can i get it to him? Please help..i'm so lost and confused

Clam down..... Take a very deep breath ,,,,, this is a process that is going to seem like forever but I promise it will be over soon you will not be able to visit until they process him and decide where they are going to send him which depending on his crime and amount of time could be any where in the state of Md it takes about 30days to do this he might not be able to call you at all it really depends ... Write him a letter an give him the phone number if u live in harford county an he is in Baltimore it's going to be long distance my advice go to walmart get a 20.00 cell phone an get a cell plan which is pre paid thur walmart they start at30.00 a month get a local number to Baltimore when u activate all u have to do is give them a zip code for the area he is in an tell them you need a local number the reason I say this is because the calls will be 11.00 a call long distance but only .85 if local well worth the cost of getting a pre paid cell plan don't expect the people at the place to give you any info on him they love to piss u off an tell u nothing get a letter in the mail asap he will get it in a few days best wishes please feel free to ask more questions if I can help I will message u back I've been doing this with my husband for years

550 east Madison St Baltimore Md 21202 you need to make sure u put his doc number on the letter

Google Md inmate locator u may be able to get his doc number from there in a few days but may need to wait for him to write u with it

susie627
04-19-2012, 04:39 PM
My son was at MRDCC from April 9 to April 18. He transferred there from a county detention center where he had spent 7 days following his sentencing hearing. He is now at Eastern Correctional in Westover.

While at MRDCC my husband was able to set up a telephone account and as soon as it was activated we began getting calls from our son. Not that many mind you but enough to let us know he was OK. That same account now also works at Eastern. The company my husband contacted was Securus. They won't let me post the web address here so just Google it.

We were told by a corrections officer we know that this intake phase is usually the worst part. That is because they have people coming from everywhere and they don't know who is going to cause trouble or is dangerous and who is not. For that reason they pretty much have to keep everybody locked down most of the time. It's for everybody's safety until they can figure out who the bad guys are. I suppose that makes sense.

I never thought I'd ever be on a website like this either but I am glad its here.

Good luck to everyone!

babygirl252011
11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
:(My boyfriend got out of jail from being in there for a couple years, he was on parole/probabtion and was drinking. He told his PO the truth and ends up getting sent to MRDCC. No one has given him any kind of answers and it sucks. does anyone know what the odds are that they could just let him come home and reinstate his parole? help :(

Missinghim0603
02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I have been looking at this forum for the past couple days. My husband is in mrdcc and I haven't talked yo him or anything. He just got there on 2/25/13 from Harford county. He is only doing 18 months. I really hope he can call better yet come home. Can someone help me to understand what the process is? I'm going crazy and stressing myself out checking his cases and seeing if he's released. Thanks.

Missinghim0603
02-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I have been looking at this forum for the past couple days. My husband is in mrdcc and I haven't talked yo him or anything. He just got there on 2/25/13 from Harford county. He is only doing 18 months. I really hope he can call better yet come home. Can someone help me to understand what the process is? I'm going crazy and stressing myself out checking his cases and seeing if he's released. Thanks.

Just spoke to my husband. God is so good. I still need to know the next step for him. I'm trying to reach his case worker. I'm so glad I talked to him I was just crying and the tears hasn't stopped since I heard his voice. Thank you God.

briseis2013
10-27-2013, 08:44 PM
quick question everyone P..ello ..what number pops up when they call from mrdcc ???