FAX : (478) 445-6507

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 992/240 BOOT CAMP
CONSTRUCTED: 1976
OPENED: 1976
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: 1989

MISSION:
Provides diagnostic processing for inmate boot camps, parole revocation centers and general population inmates. Offers Mental Health Level III services in a Supportive Living Unit with a four bed CSU and a nine bed ACU. Provides mental health evaluation services for the Central Region, maintains a variable Diagnostic MH caseload and serves 50 MH Level II outpatients in general population. Provides transportation services for the Middle Georgia Prison Complex. Operates a 12 bed medical infirmary to provide care for the Central Region.

HOUSING:
General population consists of four two-tiered living units containing two and four prisoner rooms for a 200 workforce. Diagnostics contains four 50-bed double bunked dormitories and a 96-bed two-tiered living unit primarily for diagnostics who are MH Level II outpatients. A 135-bed triple-bunked, two tiered living unit houses primarily inmates who are awaiting assignment. The MH Level III SLU consists of 25 single cells (9 ACU) and two 49-bed double-bunked cells. A 16-bed infirmary has four CSU cells, eight open bay beds and four single bed cells. The Isolation/Segregation Unit consists of 33 beds. Boot camp diagnostics consists of four 60-bed double bunked dormitories.

WORK DETAILS:
Two Baldwin County Board of Education details and two Grounds Maintenance details.

PROGRAMS:

Academic: GED, ABE, Special Education, Remedial Education

Substance Abuse: AA, Substance Abuse Education

Counseling: Sex Offender, Prerelease, MH/MR Level II, HIV Awareness, Positive Mental Attitude

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Gospel Music, Pastoral Counseling

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-20 East to Highway 441 South to Milledgeville. Through downtown Milledgeville on Highway 441 for one mile, turn left onto Vinson Highway (GA 112). Go approximately two miles, turn right onto Laying Farm Road. Take this road for about two miles and Baldwin SP sits on the left.

angelbenham
06-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Hello everyone

I am planning to visit my husband on Saturday at Baldwin State Prison, Has anyone visited that prison yet? What can I expect? and how long will it take me to get their, I live about 40 minutes north of Atlanta.:confused:

Pauley
06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
I go to Rivers State Prison each week which is just down the road. PM me if you need directions. They are doing some road work in the area, so it depends on your route as to whether it will affect you.

bluiis74
05-28-2005, 01:48 PM
Strongernow, I really appreciate the information on Baldwin State Prison. My son was just sent there for diagnostics before being placed in the Book Camp. I had no way of knowing what he should expect during his time there. If any other parents are going thru or have been thru the Boot Camp experience, please drop a line and let me know what to expect. First, I'd be interested in knowing what type of diagnostics goes on for 6 weeks?

Boone'sBabyGirl
06-02-2005, 09:26 AM
My sweetie is there for diagnostics now - he says it isn't as bad as they said it was going to be - but then again he thought he was going to Jackson for diagnostics. But He is able to call me - I thought I wasn't going to have any contact for six weeks - so the calls are a plus. I actually think he is safer there so I hope he gets to do his time there as well. I haven't gone to visit yet but when I do - I will post what I find out.

munee05
07-01-2005, 02:20 AM
My husband was recently sent to Baldwin State Prison (06/27/2005) for diagnostics and the Director told me he would be at the Boot Camp. If anyone knows: (1) How long will he be in diagnostics? (2) How long will he be in Boot Camp? (3) Will I get to visit? (4) Will he get to call me? I am new to this website, but I think it has so much helpful information and contacts. If anyone has any answers, PLEASE reply.

Thanks so much!
Munee05

MelindaWiggins
07-06-2005, 06:33 PM
My husband to was took to this Baldwin bootcamp, can anyone please tell us what they know about this place. Thanks
Melinda

munee05
07-07-2005, 01:25 AM
I don't know much except they don't like to share too much info. My husband was shipped June 27, 2005. If you find out anything, please let me know. I will try to find out more later today. Thanks!

oana104
08-28-2005, 07:12 PM
:o My fiance was just moved to Baldwin for diagnostics and then bootcamp. Does anyone know how long it will be until I can recieve phone calls?

Oana

_lostinlove
09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
I agree with munee05. They don't like to share too much info.
My boyfriend was moved there, and he's supposed to come home soon.
He's been there for awhile and I still don't know much about it.

lilmanandciana
09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
does an yone know how often they recieve commisssary what days a week i wanted to sent money but was not sure hoew it goes at baldwin state prison

Boone'sBabyGirl
09-30-2005, 05:40 AM
THey have just changed the commissary day to Wednesdays - the money should be received a the latest by Tuesday. I send mine on Fridays and He receives it on Mondays. Remember only Post Office Money Orders will be accepted.

stonerose
11-17-2005, 09:17 PM
My hubby was sent to Baldwin Boot Camp this week.
Anyone know how long before he can call or ANY info at all??
He said if he got Boot Camp it is a good thing....
Is he released after this or will they send him on to a prison??
Are they allowed visitation? Mail? Can kids see him?
I am 5 hours away and don't wanna make the trip for 10 min on video phone....
The lady on the phone wouldnt tell me anything.
I need to know something!!!
Haven't talk to him in seems like forever!!!
Thank You for any reply,

StoneRose

2 Cor 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

stonerose
11-24-2005, 12:59 PM
I found out they are NOT allowed phone calls, And NO visits. :eek:
He wrote me one letter in 2 weeks...he has to memorize a whole list of rules before hes allowed access to the store for more envelopes.
So anyone that hasn't heard from yours, Don't worry he's workin for the right to write you.;)
He said they are only allowed free time to write for hour or so at night. Which is the only time he has to memorize these rules or whatever else they've got him doing.
His letter was unusually short, 1 page!! But said they get up 5:30am and on their feet till 7pm and have 7-9pm as personal time.

He's worried TN wont let him parole here from GA....Anyone had trouble paroling from GA to TN??

Anyone else has a man at Baldwin BC please reply with any info or can private message me. :)

lonely wife
12-16-2005, 01:46 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to all of this, but i thought it was worth a try to keep myself busy, and try to get through the holidays. My husband is being sent to Baldwin State Prison for diagnostics. How long will that last? and will he be able to call me when he gets there? and will I be able to visit him during diagnostics? Like I said, this is the first time I've ever had to deal with something like this, so I'm completely clueless :confused: . If anyone has any information or even some things you think I may need to know , please feel free to speak up. Thank-you

RubyRedd7
12-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Greetings to everyone,
I'm also new to this experience and thank God I've found this great support system of others that are going through trying times also. My "Beloved" is now going thru diagnostics at Baldwin. Can anyone tell me exactly what kind of test they take him through that takes up to 6 wks? I received a very short letter from him, but not much explanation of his test. He said they are up at 5:30 am and not allowed to go back to bed til 4pm and they don't have much for them to do, but talk to one another. Hopefully his call list will be approved soon so I can get a better understanding of all this. But if someone has any advice or info please reply. Thanks to you all for your continued support.

Retired-23
12-20-2005, 04:39 PM
My friend was just sent to Baldwin from Iriwin last Wednesday for diagnostics. I've spent the past four days trying to find out his mailling address. I too agree that Baldwin does NOT like to share any information. Am I allowed to send letters, cards or pictures?

Also, he recently got paperwork to fill out from the Parole board, that requested his employer and future housing information. Some of the other inmates said this was a good sign...is it? He has been away since August 23rd and was sentenced to 2 years for his first DUI. He seems to think he'll be let go by April.

pk090405
12-25-2005, 02:29 PM
Hello all. My bf is in Whitfield Co. Jail awaiting his transfer to Jackson we believe. We are wondering if anyone has a list of work camps or boot camps in northern Georgia? Thank you for any help. Pen

lonely wife
01-02-2006, 11:06 PM
hey...my husband is in diagnostics at baldwin state prison. i was wondering if he is allowed to have pictures sent through the mail. he has been able to call me during this, and he wants me to send pictures of the kids. does anyone know if this is allowed? thanks, kat

missdad
01-10-2006, 09:49 AM
Hello. My dad has just got to Baldwin County and I just got a letter from him, but just like yours (rubyredd7), it was very short and to the point. From what I understand from talking to different people, they can write 1 letter once they get there and just tell loved ones that they are there and what they need. He said to write often, so I am assuming we can. About pictures..don't know (lonley wife). But I am going to try. All they can do is throw them away I think. I am a bit confused too because he said he was in processing...does anyone know what that means? and also, is there anything we can send him? or can we visit him and when? Thanks, missdad

stonerose
01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
All I know is the boot camp stuff at Baldwin....He was allowed 4 pictures, no phone calls, send as many letters as ya want....But rememeber they have to work or do sumthing humiliating for them.
My hubby said he had to take IQ test, drug test, and blood work for HIV,Hep etc.
He also told me they said the Boot camps were shutting down and theses are the last few guys to go thru.
My hubby was there 5 weeks and got to go to Boot camp, others may go to work camp, depending on the offence.
Hope some this helps, I remember being clueless, Now I'm clueless on the Parole process, Got a date of march but dunno whats gonna happen now.

Retired-23
01-19-2006, 10:16 PM
hey...my husband is in diagnostics at baldwin state prison. i was wondering if he is allowed to have pictures sent through the mail. he has been able to call me during this, and he wants me to send pictures of the kids. does anyone know if this is allowed? thanks, kat
Yes, I've sent pictures to my fiance.

K9lass
02-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Hi everyone. My son was at Baldwin last year ( boot camp) and he is now there at the prison. I got a short letter from him saying he was ok, but no phone calls yet. When I used to visit last time there....we were allowed to bring rolls of quarters with us to buy them snacks and drinks that they can put in a white sack and take back to their rooms after the visit. Each inmate has his own sack they carry. Dont wear any hats when you visit, they dont allow that or wallets. Take your license, the quarters, your keys and your tag # with you. You have 2 sheets of paperwork you will fill out before you get in. My son was in the boot camp and they walked up and down the highways picking up trash, rain or shine! My son liked it because they were outside for awhile. They only feed them twice on saturday and sundays...breakfast and supper. No lunch. So the snacks we buy them keeps them from going too hungry on the weekends. Of course the lines to get stuff out of the machines are insane!! Anyway, I'll keep all our loved ones in my prayers and hope time passes quickly. If you would like to have your loved one say hello to my son, he's only 21 and a good guy....just got mixed up with the wrong crowd. His name is Roy Bailey. He even got his GED while there last year, so if anyone needs help, ask him. Maybe we can keep the good guys all together in a crowd!! I'd sure feel better knowing he was ok. Safety in numbers! Hang in there everyone......Peggy

Chuckslady83
02-27-2006, 03:27 PM
My guy has been in diagnostics at the bootcamp since January 5th! Not sure what is taking so long but he is ready to get somewhere else. He called after a week and was able to get pictures, 4 at a time. He is not allowed to buy food at the commisary, just toiletries and writing materials. He has to get up at 5:30 and they can write between 7-9pm. That's about all I know.

pearley_04
03-12-2006, 10:00 AM
I need information my baby was shipped to Baldwin boot camp last Tuesday for spalding county and he hasn't wrote or called me and i don't know why when are th visitation days do they have phone calls and when can you send money and can you send care packages out there. any information will help

djswilliamson
03-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Worriedmother
Hello I am just like most of you I don't know anything about BSP. All I know this is where they sent my son Mar. 9,2006. How long will it be before he can call or write me to let me know everything is going as well as it can in a place like this. I have never had to deal with anything like this before if someone would please contact to let me know what to expect Thank you for any information

pearley_04
03-14-2006, 12:30 PM
Well my boyfriend and also my child father was sent to baldwin state prison last tuesday and they have to wait 6 weeks for they have visitors and make phone calls i really don't know how long they have to wait to receive or write letters they have to wait six weeks because they are going through diagnostics. I am waiting on more information

Ssagern
03-27-2006, 10:22 PM
My boyfriend has been at Baldwin for Diagnostics since 02/09/06. He could write from the beginning but it took two weeks for his phone privileges to come through. He went through 3 weeks of testing and then was moved to another dorm. He had his parole interview at week 5 and his final interview at week 6. They are a little behind with interviews. We hope he will be moved to a permanent prison tonight or Wed. night. Mon and Wed are moving days. They have store call once a week so you can send money orders to him with his name and GDC or EF number c/o Baldwin State Prison PO Box 218, Hardwick, GA 31034. Visitation during diagnostics is immediate family only no significant others. I'm dying for a visit! Good luck!:)

Ssagern
03-29-2006, 06:29 AM
my bf was just transferred Monday to Washington State Prison. To find out info about issues with inmates go to the GA DOC website and find the office of the Ombudsman. Sarah Draper heads it up and is awesome! She will help you find out anything you need to about a loved one. She is the family advocate for the GA DOC and has been a tremendous help to me. Good Luck

TINA04
04-24-2006, 10:16 PM
Anyone Have Loved Ones At Valdosta State Prison?

MI_REINA
04-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Well my Boyfriend has been in baldwin for almost two weeks, he mentioned in his letters that he has had already his first interview with parole, and that maybe this week he will have his second interview (hopefully his last) and later sent to his permenant place (hopefully Boot camp). So they are running pretty fast for him to have his first interviw at not even a week of being there and done with all his testing, I think he'll be out of diagnostic quick.

babygirlsane19
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
well my boyfriend just went to diagnostics in baldwin about 2 week ago. when should i get a letter?

MI_REINA
05-01-2006, 07:48 AM
My Boyfriend Wrote To Me The Very Same Day He Got There. But My Letters Were The Ones That Did Not Get To Him Till Two Weeks After He Was There. If You Have Not Gotten A Letter Yet Its Because He Has Not Written Yet Or They Take To Long To Mail The Letter. My Boyfriend Dated His Last Letter On The 21st And I Did Not Get It Till The 28th, If I Were You Write To Him First, Call Up There Get His Id Numbers, His E.f.# & Gdc # Both Of These Must Be On The Letters To Him.

mrblaster
05-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I just heard that my brother was transfered to Baldwin State Prison. I'm out of state and was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the facility and what he (my brother) may be going through?

Alley Cain
09-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Can anyone give me some information on accepting collect calls from inmates at Baldwin Diagnostic State Prison? My fiance is in there and it seems like you have to have your phone line opened up to accept calls. Also can anyone tell me anything else about the Diagnostic program or facility? I have only gotten one letter so far, but its only been a week.

crankygrlfriend
09-11-2006, 05:13 PM
When my bf was at Baldwin- I didn't have a chance to get my phone set up, he was there for ~5 weeks. I believe it was through Correctional Billing. He said things moved pretty fast.

eeniaLorr
09-21-2006, 02:59 PM
My husband is currently at Baldwin State Prison for the Nursing Assistant Program. He has been there since July. At first there was no problem with the phone, however MCI recently changed how you go about receiving a collect call from a correctional facility. You have to call a separate part of MCI which handles collect calls from prisons and create an account. It took me about 3 weeks of constantly calling and talking to representatives in order to get this account set up. It was a real chore!!! But it was also worth it since I was able to talk to my honey last night!!! You are allowed to make 100.00 in calls. After that you must be sure to pay your bill or they will block your line. I think it is a good idea because you can pay for your calls as you make them.

BLUEBYU
09-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Hi I'm new to this site and really don't know where to begin. My fiance' was just shipped to Baldwin yesterday and I read on here that they can make calls while in diagnostics (which is great). I thought I wouldn't be talking to him for awhile. How do I go about setting up the MCI service that I read about on here? Could someone tell me how the visitations are there? Thanks

maybell05
09-28-2006, 08:50 AM
don't know about visitation but as far as phone calls look up mci call them they should bill you phone company up to 100.00 or if you have bell south they use correctional billing services , they bill to phone company too usually you can call the prison and get phone info and a number

NICKDIAMOND7
09-29-2006, 07:23 PM
do inmate get relased after going to BALDWIN COUNTY BOOT CAM P???

NICKDIAMOND7
10-05-2006, 12:09 PM
I just recieved two letters from my bf from Baldwin county bootcamp, he said that they can't have any visitors or calls and that he should be home in 90 days? HOPEFULLY. HE Has already seen a parole officer and he is waiting for his paperwork to get back. I quess that is when he will know his parole date...

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WILL BE RELEASED AFTER BOOT CAMP????? or do they go to BALDWIN PRISON?

on the doc his max date is 8/2008. so I'M thinking he might be able to come home early b/c he went to bootcamp. DOES ANYONE KNOW....PLEASE LET ME KNOW.... I WANT HIM TO COME HOME B4 OUR BABY IS BORN IN JANUARY 2007.

cdmack
10-05-2006, 01:27 PM
[quote=NICKDIAMOND7]I just recieved two letters from my bf from Baldwin county bootcamp, he said that they can't have any visitors or calls and that he should be home in 90 days? HOPEFULLY. HE Has already seen a parole officer and he is waiting for his paperwork to get back. I quess that is when he will know his parole date...

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WILL BE RELEASED AFTER BOOT CAMP????? or do they go to BALDWIN PRISON?

on the doc his max date is 8/2008. so I'M thinking he might be able to come home early b/c he went to bootcamp. DOES ANYONE KNOW....PLEASE LET ME KNOW.... I WANT HIM TO COME HOME B4 OUR BABY IS BORN IN JANUARY 2007.

I believe your bf is correct. There was a young lady that was posting on here until her man was released on 8/22/06...and he too went through boot camp in GA for 90 days and then he was released. You can find her posts if you do a search for her user name: MI_Reina.....you will find out what you are searching for (assurance).....Glad to hear he will be home soon!!!!!!

NICKDIAMOND7
10-05-2006, 10:13 PM
thanks i'm so worried because i can't talk to him...

mosdef
10-07-2006, 09:40 AM
my husband had his final interview at baldwin state prison on friday. he's in on a year parole revocation. does anyone know if he will remain at baldwin for the remainder of his sentence or will they ship him off. i was hoping he could stay where he is since it's only 40 minutes from home. also will he do the full year or partial time? i know he has to complete substance abuse counseling in order to be paroled.i looked him up on the doc website and it has his sentence beginning at august 25th,2006.he was arrested on june 1st so will his jail time count towards his time? also any idea when i'll be able to visit now that he's completed diagnostics? please help. it's been awhile since i've seen him.

a1rcarrier
10-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Hey, eeniaLorr what is the Nursing Assistant Program? I just talked to my son and he was wanting to go to the Men's Unit @ Hardwick Ga to work in the Nursing home. Is there such a thing and who do I have to talk to about that? Is is the same thing as Nursing Assistant Program? He really wants to help people while he is serving his 2 years and I know he would really be great at that sort of job. He is very compassionate and caring. Anyone that can give me some info please email me @ macgregor89@yahoo.com Thanks.

eeniaLorr
10-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Several prisons are offering vocational training in the nursing assistant program. Baldwin is one of those prisons. My husband has been there since July, however, the classes have not started yet. It sounds like it is not well organized. He is getting tired of the wait. I imagine that the nursing home will provide practical experience for the students. I will let you know if the class ever actually materializes.

Jewell
03-07-2007, 06:50 PM
I am trying to visit my friend but am not sure how I do it or even if they/he is allowed a visitor?? What are the hours, the requirements etc?
Please help
Thank you!

Kat
03-07-2007, 07:48 PM
first he needs to send you a form to fill out to be approved.have you dont this all ready?you cant just show up and visit.

imissmybubba
03-08-2007, 08:25 AM
My brother has been there since Valentines night. He was denied parole, don't really know why, and is supposedly in the boot camp unit. The mail there is VERY slow. I have written him 10 times since the 23rd of February and he has yet to receive. When do they get use of the phones? After diagnostics? When do they get visitation? Anyone know?

holdingon2
03-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Hi imissmybubba,

If your brother is in the Boot Camp Unit than he want be able to make any phone calls nor will he be able to have visitation. The only why you can get in touch with him is through mail. You can call Baldwin to see if he's there in the Boot Camp Unit but my husband was transferred from Baldwin because he was told they were closing the Boot Camp unit there, they transferred him to Al Burruss Boot Camp after Diagnostic. So call to make sure where he is.

Hope this helps!!! Good luck!!!

Hope1137
04-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi,
My bf is in Baldwin State his temp release date is 6/07, does anyone know how accurate that date is, do they usually stick to what they list at first, and 2nd, Im going for my 1st visit tomarrow, what is the dress code there? Please let me know if there's anything else I should know, thank you.

Baby_Blue
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi,
My bf is in Baldwin State his temp release date is 6/07, does anyone know how accurate that date is, do they usually stick to what they list at first, and 2nd, Im going for my 1st visit tomarrow, what is the dress code there? Please let me know if there's anything else I should know, thank you.Right now the GDC is running 3-6 months behind on releaseing inmates on their TPM(Tentative Parole Month) It looks like you are probably at visit already so I won't post that info. Hope you had a good visit.

Kat
04-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I have known a few that got out on the month of there TPM so never give up hope

CommitedLove
05-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi..I'm new to this site..just trying to find strength the best way I can..My Fiancee is incarcerated in the baldwin prison..was moved there just last night and Im worried about him..I've been reading alot of these forum replies and I basically am prepared to not hear from him for awhile from what I'm reading..I'm still not sure how this all goes or what the next step is beside wait to hear from him..he's been sentenced to 10 years for 2 armed robbery charges (it was a couple), what I still don't understand to this day is how they (dekalb county) could even charge him with armed robbery when there wasn't a gun, nor was a gun found and the victims never came to court to testify against him or to even point him out as the person who commited the crime..his lawyer had to go to the victims house and they were scared to come to court for fear of going to jail for the drugs they had in their car (male victim was a drug dealer), how is it possible for him to be convicted on these felony charges with basically no evidence or victims testimony..I am so lost and frustrated at the system..10 years and no evidence and the one crime they caught him doing (auto theft) they dropped that charge..go figure..is there a program to assist in sentence reduction? any feed back will be appreciated, even if it's to tell me what im looking forward to with this prison..thanks in advance

Nikki

holdingon2
05-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Welcome Nikki to PTO.....

This experience is my first time too, but I found this site to be a blessing. The PTO family really gives support. My suggestion to you is to pray and be strong for your fiancee, write him alot it will help him to deal with this.

My blessing go out to you.

sanders01
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi..I'm new to this site..just trying to find strength the best way I can..My Fiancee is incarcerated in the baldwin prison..was moved there just last night and Im worried about him..I've been reading alot of these forum replies and I basically am prepared to not hear from him for awhile from what I'm reading..I'm still not sure how this all goes or what the next step is beside wait to hear from him..he's been sentenced to 10 years for 2 armed robbery charges (it was a couple), what I still don't understand to this day is how they (dekalb county) could even charge him with armed robbery when there wasn't a gun, nor was a gun found and the victims never came to court to testify against him or to even point him out as the person who commited the crime..his lawyer had to go to the victims house and they were scared to come to court for fear of going to jail for the drugs they had in their car (male victim was a drug dealer), how is it possible for him to be convicted on these felony charges with basically no evidence or victims testimony..I am so lost and frustrated at the system..10 years and no evidence and the one crime they caught him doing (auto theft) they dropped that charge..go figure..is there a program to assist in sentence reduction? any feed back will be appreciated, even if it's to tell me what im looking forward to with this prison..thanks in advance

Nikki

they make us take these please because we scared of doing time...but get legal rep person,,,they have legal aid to! and do an appeal, it he didnīt anything he should have took it to trial...talk to the lawyer again that sent him down the road....but anyway good luck, what city and state you live in I will try to find where the free lawyers are so you can talk to someone, and find out how you can appeal for him....

Boone'sBabyGirl
05-11-2007, 12:28 PM
:thumbsup: Hey girl that sound identical to what happened to my man in cobb county but since they never did find any evidence they dropped all charges. But he was involved in an accident and long story short he is now in BSP and has been there for a little over two years now - but on the lighter side we do have a tpm of 12/2007 - so I am praying that all is well. I used an atlanta lawyer by the name of Bernard Brody and he helped us out a lot with the cobb county thing. We weren't so lucky to have him for the other trial and you see what happened.

tristan
05-25-2007, 10:59 AM
My husband just got to Baldwin State may 15th, he comes up for parole on 7/02...He had a real short sentence, 1 year..I have heard from the parole board that he will probably not make that parole date because they do nothave enough time to process him.....How long can he be waitinging to get out realistically?? His offence was not reporting to probation, so got revoked a year. The whole thing was so senseless, so you can imagine how I feel!!house about to be foreclosed, lost his job etc etc, we are in a big big horrible nightmare and a mess!!! Someone tell me what the process is, HELP HELP HELP, I feel all alone in this!!

tristan
05-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Is it really true that GDC is running 3-6 months behind on tpm??? Does anyone know if the same applies to a non violent offender...My hub is there for not showing up for probation!

holdingon2
05-25-2007, 11:27 AM
hi tristan

I don't have the answer for you but i can give you some more advice, be strong even though it seems you have had a black cloud over your head. Pray things will work themselves out.

tristan
05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
thanks holdingon2,
It is just so crazy dealing with all this red tape, everyone who works in these agencies has a differant answer and no one really seems to know anything..And to be honest, I am mad at my husband for putting my family in this situation when all he had to do was show up for probation, would have been alot easir then this mess!!

tristan
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM

Nikki Wanted you to know that you are not crazy....You are probably thinking like how the hell did all this happen...THE ANSWER IS DEKALB COUNTY!!! They is no justice no peace in DEKALB and if you live there, I would run, they will find ways to keep u in trouble once u have been involved on the other side of the law.!!!

holdingon2
05-27-2007, 12:20 PM
tristan..........i agree with you totally....My husband was sentenced in dekalb county..........dekalb county courts system is awful:mad:

IndyMom
06-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Strongernow, I really appreciate the information on Baldwin State Prison. My son was just sent there for diagnostics before being placed in the Book Camp. I had no way of knowing what he should expect during his time there. If any other parents are going thru or have been thru the Boot Camp experience, please drop a line and let me know what to expect. First, I'd be interested in knowing what type of diagnostics goes on for 6 weeks?

My son just got sent to Baldwin yesterday. I, too, would like to know what kind of diagnostics goes on for 6 weeks. Also, how long will it be before I can visit or send letters?

boatgal
06-22-2007, 04:38 AM
Can anyone give me any information concerning the visitation rules and procedures for Baldwin State Prison?

boatgal
06-22-2007, 04:40 AM
Were you able to find out anything about Baldwin? Looks like my husband got there a couple of days after your son.

IndyMom
06-24-2007, 07:25 PM
I haven't found out anything yet. When my son was sentenced in Forsyth County, afterward he met with his probation officer. Which I found so odd; I didn't think that would happen until much, much later. I was hoping my son would get boot camp, but I have heard that the reason he didn't was because he was charged with trafficking, and the amount of drugs he was charged with. After sentencing, Forsyth transferred him to Ocilla, and I visited there. They were very nice to work with. Forsyth was a nitemare. My son wrote me that the food was good at Baldwin, but no lunch on Friday or Saturday. He said no phone calls while he is in diagnostics, only letters. He did say he could receive money orders for the store, so I sent one.

May I ask how old your husband is? My son is 22, and it looks like he will be in for 4 years.

Keep your chin up, and I will let you know if I hear anymore.

Basically, I know about as much as you do.

getapril2007
07-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Does anyone out there travel to Baldwin on a regular. I have a close friend in there who could really use a visit right now. If you live in the Atlanta area or south of Atlanta carpool would be a great idea. Women & kids only.

angie341
07-08-2007, 01:08 PM
My finance was sent to Baldwin and he just finished his diagnostics. Since they dont have the boot camp any more is it a possibility that he will get shipped off to another place. this thing is getting difficult day by day for me knowing that he is in there. but I rather for him to be in there then to be in a grave. and for phone calls is it another company that u can get cause MCI is full of it for real.

eeniaLorr
07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi Everyone, God Bless.

My husband has been at Baldwin since July of 2006. When he first got there we were not married. Visitation was established fairly quickly because we have a daughter and I just sent her birth certificate to his counselor. He just completed the Certified Nursing Assistant Course at Baldwin and he graduated on June 22. We were married at Baldwin June 28, 2007. It took a lot of red tape to marry while he is inside but everyone at Baldwin and at the Probate Court in Baldwin County were very kind and professional. I try to visit every other Saturday. I live in Southeast Georgia and it is a long ride to see him but well worth it. I usually stay the entire six hours of visitation. Visitation Rules are fairly consistent with other prisons. Dress modestly, bring change in a clear bag (I usually have about 30 dollars in quarters), change and ID are all you can bring in, you may kiss as you come in and when you are leaving, and you must be on the visitation list or you won't be admitted. The seating is not bad, the little table separating you and your loved one is laughable, and the bathroom is decent.

Hopes this helps

Eenia

boatgal
07-19-2007, 11:32 AM
I haven't found out anything yet. When my son was sentenced in Forsyth County, afterward he met with his probation officer. Which I found so odd; I didn't think that would happen until much, much later. I was hoping my son would get boot camp, but I have heard that the reason he didn't was because he was charged with trafficking, and the amount of drugs he was charged with. After sentencing, Forsyth transferred him to Ocilla, and I visited there. They were very nice to work with. Forsyth was a nitemare. My son wrote me that the food was good at Baldwin, but no lunch on Friday or Saturday. He said no phone calls while he is in diagnostics, only letters. He did say he could receive money orders for the store, so I sent one.

May I ask how old your husband is? My son is 22, and it looks like he will be in for 4 years.

Keep your chin up, and I will let you know if I hear anymore.

Basically, I know about as much as you do.
My husband is 45 and was sentenced to 5 years for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. He has a very high IQ but could not seem to comprehend that a 22 rifle is considered a firearm! I called Baldwin and confirmed visitation is not allowed for 60 days. He is able to call now though each MCI collect call is $6.15 for 15 minutes. Have you checked out the pardons and parole website yet? This may give you an idea on how long he must serve before becoming eligible.

lakeview270
08-04-2007, 11:51 AM
My son arrived at Baldwin and was able to phone me four days later. He also tells me he can have visitors, but check with prision first. Said wasn't too bad...lots better than Fulton Co. He thinks he will be there around weeks.

Boone'sBabyGirl
08-04-2007, 04:24 PM
My baby is at Baldwin too, He also came from Fulton county with their green bologna - he has been at Baldwin since diagnostics and made it as a permanent - a lot of people tell me that Baldwin is one of the best (if there can be a best). At least I don't have to worry about his safety they are usually laughing about something when he calls me, so don't worry your loved one will be ok.

onealkl
09-14-2007, 06:05 PM
My husband just went perm at Baldwin too. He was there 7 weeks. He came from Cobb County. When they go perm they can have visitors, but if they are in diagnostics they have to wait 8 weeks as I understand it.

MARVSGIRL143
09-15-2007, 11:29 PM
do anyone knows what comes up on the caller id when someone calls from the prison (baldwin state)

eeniaLorr
09-16-2007, 07:18 AM
My husband left Baldwin about two months ago. The phone company was MCI and then in changed to Global. When the companies switched the number on the caller ID stayed the same. I can't remember the exact number but the first three numbers were 478 which is the area code for Hardwick, GA where Baldwin is located.

thinktwice
09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
My son is at Baldwin State Prison currently for diagnostics. He has been there 5 weeks. I think the process can last up to 8 weeks. After the 8 weeks if he is still there you can visit. Depending on which dorm he goes to he should be able to call you after about 10 days. They are helpful there and seem to treat the inmates 'good'.
Good luck. You can pm me if you need more info.

MARVSGIRL143
09-26-2007, 10:39 PM
do anyone know about a meeting going on october 5 where you can ask questions

noname10
09-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Yes it is a Family Day sponsored by fairness2families. The DOC has representatives there and wardens from each prison are going to be available to address your concerns. I believe there are two meetings one in the Atlanta area and one in Milledgeville. This is a chance for the families of inmates to meet with the DOC and try to open a line of communitcation between the groups.

tmax
09-27-2007, 02:30 PM
My son is at Baldwin State Prison currently for diagnostics. He has been there 5 weeks. I think the process can last up to 8 weeks. After the 8 weeks if he is still there you can visit. Depending on which dorm he goes to he should be able to call you after about 10 days. They are helpful there and seem to treat the inmates 'good'.
Good luck. You can pm me if you need more info.

hi i have to go to bootcamp soon im 17 can u give me any tips on what it is like .

thinktwice
09-27-2007, 04:20 PM
The caller ID will diplay a number from Houston Texas.

othersideofhell
11-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I am pretty new to all of this. My finace has beenin Baldwin for only 2 weeks now. He did write to me and made mention that ONLY immediate family members were going to be able to send him money after Nov 15th '07. Anyone know WHY this would be ??? If this is happening, will this also mean that I will not be able to go visit him when the time arrives??? I really hate not knowing the rules and not being able to find any information online is even more frusterating. This is supposed to be an information highway--- why am I at a dead end>?

Kat
11-11-2007, 11:01 AM
He need to put you on his visit list.he will need to send you a form,you fill it out and mail back and once you are approved you can visit and send in money

eeniaLorr
11-11-2007, 01:17 PM
I am not trying to advocate wrong doing but money orders can be filled out with anyone's name on them. They are not imprinted like checks. You just write down your information on the money order. What is to stop someone from buying a money order and sending it in with a blood relative's name on it? If you are not on their approved list...then put his mother's or father's name on it....
Just a thought......

shaunsgrl0130
11-11-2007, 02:58 PM
just as reminder, those enrolled in a boot camp program do not have a visitation list because one of the rules of the boot camp is no phone calls and no visitation (at least at al burruss) so this money order rule doesn't apply. also if anyone else has a loved one at burruss, either in boot camp or the basic camp, you can no longer send pictures printed on printer paper-"computerized pictures." the powers that be will confiscate not only the pictures but any actual letter in the same envelope and the inmate will not receive anything. stupid, yes, but there you are. also my sympathies go out to anyone whose loved one has ms. dent as a counselor there. good luck with that one! PM me if you have any additional questions about burruss boot camp.

othersideofhell
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks ya'll... All these rules seem to punish us as well.

BlackBerryBC
01-09-2008, 07:57 PM
how is he able to call what calling service do you have and doo you knw the prices??

Boone'sBabyGirl
01-10-2008, 06:24 AM
My man is at Baldwin State and I live in Atlanta - we use GlobelTel used to be MCI - my calls are 5.50 per call for 15 minutes.

BlackBerryBC
01-10-2008, 03:43 PM
so ive been told that if they go to bootcamp they cant have visits or calls does that include work camp also??what about during diagnostics can they call then before they are actually assigned to boot camp?? :confused: an dif anyone had directions to BSP from the gwinett county area that would be Awesome:thumbsup:

empress007
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
so ive been told that if they go to bootcamp they cant have visits or calls does that include work camp also??what about during diagnostics can they call then before they are actually assigned to boot camp?? :confused: an dif anyone had directions to BSP from the gwinett county area that would be Awesome:thumbsup:
well blackberry once they get in diagnostics they can call after a few days they fill out a form to have a contact list of people they can call. and then after 8 weeks you can visit if they don't transfer him to his perm location if his sentence is short he might just stay at diagnostics. he can send and recieve letters as soon as he gets there once you know his GDC or EF#

BlackBerryBC
01-20-2008, 08:42 PM
does anyone have the 800 number for globel tel?

complex
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Global Tel link 800-231-0193
advance Pay system 800-483-8314
customer service 866-230-7761
I cant get anyone to answer customer service. I just set up an advance pay account. it was $50.00 with the service fee the credit on the account is $40.50. I'm waiting for a call too. he was transfered on wednesday 1/15/08. hope this helps.

BlackBerryBC
02-01-2008, 08:47 PM
can you get phone calls from baldwin on a cell phone?

MusicFor Christ
02-25-2008, 01:20 PM
We were just at Baldwin State on 2/23/08 and played a Worship Service. I can tell you that I saw about 200 inmates which is very good attendance. If you man/son/father is at Baldwin, it is very Christ friendly and has an active Worship program under the direction of a great Chaplain.

peggylee
03-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Does anyone know where the remaining boot camps in GA are located now?

dreadinbermuda
05-17-2008, 10:48 AM
hello All my nephew is also in baldwin he just went there about 3weeks, real good guy just like (k7lass)quiet and from bermuda, he is also 21yrs . it would really be nice if he could get together with another postive inmate, as we are so far from him and cant visit as often as we would like. he is name Dion Hart.

DebMar
05-22-2008, 09:19 PM
I am in Tx and wrote an inmate at Baldwin about 9 days ago but havent heard anything. It was my 1st letter and he had not advertised for pen pal so .....he may have gotten the letter and does not want to write back OR he may be married ! I am not looking for romance. I am happily married but heard of his situation and felt compelled to offer support and anything else I can. He is in the Mental Ward and has been there for 5 yrs. His case got much publicity and I wonder if he has a lawyer that advises him who he can correspond with. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a letter back from Ga to TX ? If I called the mail room at Baldwin...would they tell me if the letter was delivered?

onealkl
06-09-2008, 03:15 PM
They will not tell you anything from the mail room. He may not have stamps or money to buy stamps to mail you back. PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

onealkl
06-09-2008, 03:19 PM
dreadinbermuda - PM me and I'll see if I can help...

DebMar
06-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Actually received a letter from the guy!!! Finally !!! Thanks to all for your offered help,! DebMar

peggylee
11-15-2008, 05:50 PM
This needs a litttle updating. The boot camp is no longer at Baldwin.

d's_angel
12-01-2008, 12:52 PM
yes i know the boot camp is no longer at baldwin...but my fiance is in the perment prison there and he hasnt been there long and i cant find any thing out about it so if any of you has any new info please let me know thank you so very much!!!

jadeladymom
12-02-2008, 09:48 AM

Nikki

Hello, this is my first time to post here. My son is at Baldwin for a charge from Dakalb co. I miss him so much. I am raising his son. I just called there about visiting him. The lady was very friendly & gave me the information I needed. My son got 15 years for a crime that was commented & caught in the act by the other person. That's our legal system for you.
All we can do is love & support them.

peggylee
12-04-2008, 08:49 PM
My son is there and has been there since Feb. They have been having some problems with riots the last few weeks. I have visited him there many times. Feel free to PM me with any questions that you might have. I will give you all of the information that I have.

peggylee
01-03-2009, 11:48 PM
I heard that an inmate was stabbed to death at Baldwin over the weekend. Does anyone have any information on that?

peggylee
01-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Let me stand corrected--the stabbed inmate did not die.

peggylee
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
They have had riots, a stabbing, and I understand something happened again last night. I also heard that they will be getting a new warden on Thursday. Does anyone have any information as to what is happening there?

moma k
01-14-2009, 10:33 PM
me too peggylee,,why cant that prison get a handle on this problem BEFORE something bad,,really bad happens,,its getting as out of control as dray,,,,,,and really,,thats bad!!

peggylee
01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Yes, something does need to be done and fast. Every week something else happens. The inmates taking control of the dorm was pretty bad. I wonder what the new warden will do to improve the situation.

black butterfly
01-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi I'm new to this site and have a nephew that was transferred there not sure way. Does Baldwin only house inmates with mental illness? I'm concerned about this because his mom has schizophrenia. But he has never displayed sx in the free world.

peggylee
01-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Baldwin becoming a closed camp?

codylove
12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone! My son is Cody and he is a guest of Baldwin State Prison. He is in prison because he committed an armed bank robbery. I can't make excuses for him, but this just took the breath out of me. He had never been in trouble before. His father was returning from bike week in Daytona, on the way home he was killed in a motorcycle accident.This was March 14th of 2007. Then 14 days later his older brother died from brain cancer. This was March 28th of 2007. 28 days later his stepgranmother died. 4 months later he robbed a bank July 25. The only thing I can think of is he just went off the wall. Now he is in prison for life.He must do at least 30 years before he can even think about getting out. The first week he was there he was jumped by 5 others who wanted his store. He spent 30 days in segergation and has just been released back to population. He just received his Christmas package from me and today is the last day of 2009. I have not been able to see him or speak to him in 4 months. Letters are our only contact. I spoke to his councelor today. He informed me that my son is at Baldwin for mental health reason, which I assume will be the best thing for him. I run the gammit from happiness to utter dispair. Some days I wonder if this feeling will ever end. I don't know why I am writing this, it just that nobody I know can relate to the pain I feel. Well this is my New Year, I can only hope that this new year brings, I don't know what I want it to bring, maybe peace.

Lordbew/us
12-31-2009, 02:06 PM
Hello everyone! My son is Cody and he is a guest of Baldwin State Prison. He is in prison because he committed an armed bank robbery. I can't make excuses for him, but this just took the breath out of me. He had never been in trouble before. His father was returning from bike week in Daytona, on the way home he was killed in a motorcycle accident.This was March 14th of 2007. Then 14 days later his older brother died from brain cancer. This was March 28th of 2007. 28 days later his stepgranmother died. 4 months later he robbed a bank July 25. The only thing I can think of is he just went off the wall. Now he is in prison for life.He must do at least 30 years before he can even think about getting out. The first week he was there he was jumped by 5 others who wanted his store. He spent 30 days in segergation and has just been released back to population. He just received his Christmas package from me and today is the last day of 2009. I have not been able to see him or speak to him in 4 months. Letters are our only contact. I spoke to his councelor today. He informed me that my son is at Baldwin for mental health reason, which I assume will be the best thing for him. I run the gammit from happiness to utter dispair. Some days I wonder if this feeling will ever end. I don't know why I am writing this, it just that nobody I know can relate to the pain I feel. Well this is my New Year, I can only hope that this new year brings, I don't know what I want it to bring, maybe peace.

Codylove, first I want to welcome you to the GA forum. I am very sorry another mom has to come to this site; but than again I thank GOD there is such a site to come to.
You will find a lot of information here and if you have questions people are very eager to try an answer you.
As a mom I can relate to how deseparate you feel. Although, you have certainly had your lifetime of heartache prior to Cody getting into trouble.

You will get through this, but you will neeed to take care of yourself. I know it's easy to really slip into a funk and not want to get out of bed. The hurt is so diabilitating it just zaps the life out of you.

If you haven't visited the Parents with Children in Prison forum I invite you to do so. The parents, mostly moms are so awesome...they are truly a GOD send. We have a special bond on that forum, since only WE can truly relate to the heartache and pain of having a child in prison.
Again, I know yours is double and my heart goes out to you.

Sending you a big HUG!!:)

moma k
01-01-2010, 09:18 PM
codylove,,I feel your pain,,my son is also has a long sentance,,I too have been a member of the parents forum for a long time,,but I have to limit my time on here because of my work ,,my son was at baldwin for almost a year,,after a six month stay,,cody can put in for a transfer provided he stay dr free,,,pm me and I will answer as many ?s as I can,,I know how you feel,,my heart breaks every day,,I have not,,nor will I ever get used to what is going on with my son,,I have just learned to adjust my life to his,to try to find a way to make this work and keep him alive and hopefull,,Im praying for you and cody,,,

dream16
01-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Can any one tell information about inmate boot camp? What happens after you get out? Do you have parole?

Alady37
06-09-2010, 10:08 PM
[quote=angelbenham;620986]Hello everyone

I am planning to visit my husband on Saturday at Baldwin State Prison, Has anyone visited that prison yet? What can I expect? and how long will it take me to get their, I live about 40 minutes north of Atlanta.:confused:

rebecka_jane
06-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Hi alady37! Ive visited baldwin more than a few times now and i live in douglasville. A few miles west of atl. It is a long drive to millidgeville and theres nothing out there.. Idk how long it might take you to get there but my advice would be to leave as early as possible..if you get there at lunch youll have to wait outside for like an hour..but anyways i have always had a pretty decent experience visiting there.. Although the last time i went the cert team searched me and my car..why idk?? But that was a while ago.. Youll go in and give them your license and tag number and what not and then you go and sit until he gets there and then you get to give him a hug and kiss and sit across from him..its like a big gym area. Bring quarters to buy stuff for you and him at the vending machines if you want as you usually will get 6 hours to just sit there and talk.. They are nice about kids too.. I have a 3 yr old and she climbs all over him when we go :) overall not too bad just the drive there that sucks hope that helped a little

enfermera99
06-21-2010, 08:47 AM
let me start by intro.my ex was sent to baldwin 7 yrs back.he was my ex we lost touch. i went to nursing school and guess where we did psych - central state and all the surranding prisons inc baldwin. i didnt even know he was there:( now im a correctional nurse. our son wants to see his dad so im tring to get a idea of what my son should expect .im reading blogs and u guys describe my mixed up feelings happy sad depressed cant stop thinking of him for the whole 7 yrs. it wouldnt be so bad but im married . we both were already dating other peoples when all this happened. i didnt mean to go off on a sprout but uh i miss him. he calls sometimes and i live in a ripped in half heart hell :cry:sorry u guys gotta read this but omg .any way his parole tpm? is 2013-4 long way off - will they give him perfumey letters and how many pitchures can he have -what do they do with the old ones when the new ones come in ?:rolleyes:

codylove
06-21-2010, 07:42 PM
let me start by intro.my ex was sent to baldwin 7 yrs back.he was my ex we lost touch. i went to nursing school and guess where we did psych - central state and all the surranding prisons inc baldwin. i didnt even know he was there:( now im a correctional nurse. our son wants to see his dad so im tring to get a idea of what my son should expect .im reading blogs and u guys describe my mixed up feelings happy sad depressed cant stop thinking of him for the whole 7 yrs. it wouldnt be so bad but im married . we both were already dating other peoples when all this happened. i didnt mean to go off on a sprout but uh i miss him. he calls sometimes and i live in a ripped in half heart hell :cry:sorry u guys gotta read this but omg .any way his parole tpm? is 2013-4 long way off - will they give him perfumey letters and how many pitchures can he have -what do they do with the old ones when the new ones come in ?:rolleyes:

My son is at Baldwin. He is 21 and doing life. They can have perfume letters and 11 pictures. The visiting area is ok. You sit across from your loved one. You can hug and kiss when you come in and when you leave. There are vending machines. You can take 20.00 dollars in quarters per person. He would have to put you on his visitation list and it won't be till November that you will be able to see him(that's if you are not already on his list-check with him). Go see him, it is very lonely for those that have not had visitor, it means so much to them.

vtkaty13
11-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Is anyone active on this post with a loved one who is still at Baldwin? My fiance was transferred there today.

Thanks

sarahas
08-28-2012, 08:16 PM
my guy was just transfered here and i am wondering about letters..i see they have a PO Box do you just send the letters to the PO box?