FAX : (706) 798-8110

ADULT MALE FELONS
CAPACITY: 200
CONSTRUCTED: 1962
OPENED: 1963
SECURITY LEVEL: MEDIUM
RENOVATED: 1987

MISSION:
Provides housing for state and county inmates and a general labor force supporting Augusta/Richmond County Government.

HOUSING:
Eight general dormitories and two six-bed administrative segregation dormitories.

WORK DETAILS:
Maintenance details to Roads and Bridges, Department of Transportation, Parks and Recreation, Animal Control, Landfill, Trees and Landscape and Augusta Diversion Center

PROGRAMS:

Substance Abuse: Substance Abuse Education, Victim Impact, Family Violence

Academic: GED

Counseling: Prerelease

Recreation: General Recreation

Religious Activities: Various Worship Services, Bible Study, Gospel Groups

Vocational/OJT: Food Service, Laundry, Auto Mechanics, Construction, Groundskeeping, Horticulture

DIRECTIONS:
From Atlanta: I-20 East to Augusta to Bobby Jones Expressway (I-520) then South to Exit 7. Cross Windsor Spring Road to Peach Orchard Road/Highway 25 then right. Through three traffic lights and turn right at the fourth light (Tobacco Road). Richmond CCI is on the left.

B Dancer
07-06-2004, 03:27 PM
I need any and all info on Richmond County CI. We are thinking of requesting a transfer to this county camp so that my boyfriend can be closer to myself and his family. Is this a good idea? What is visitation like? How are the inmates treated? Does it have AC?

Also, I'm looking for info on 1/2 way houses.

The only info I have is what I found on the DOC website.

Another thing...I used to have a phone number that family could call to request a transfer and I don't know what I did with it. If anyone has it please pass it along.

Thanks Guys!

Jennifer_04
07-06-2004, 04:59 PM
try this website out!

http://www.augustaga.gov/departments/rcci/faq.htm

angelbenham
07-06-2004, 07:17 PM
FYI

My husband told me today, that his counselor said it takes up to 6 months for a transfer. If he does not have that long to go, it might not be worth the trouble.

shai
09-07-2006, 07:32 AM
I need any and all info on Richmond County CI. We are thinking of requesting a transfer to this county camp so that my boyfriend can be closer to myself and his family. Is this a good idea? What is visitation like? How are the inmates treated? Does it have AC?

Also, I'm looking for info on 1/2 way houses.

The only info I have is what I found on the DOC website.

Another thing...I used to have a phone number that family could call to request a transfer and I don't know what I did with it. If anyone has it please pass it along.

Thanks Guys!

Hello, my husband has been at R.C.C.I since April and as far as prisons go it is O.K. We are an interracial couple & get along well with most of the staff, but have had problems with a few, but that's just ignorance in life in general. As far as how they are treated, that depends on the staff also & there are a few with superiority complexes & took this job because they're parents didn't hug them enough or they got picked on in school & wanted some get back in life. They also only get 2 meals on the weekends, which I think is a ploy to fund their vending machine capital, I know they get at least $10 a week from me! There is no AC in the dorms & it is a work camp, so they go to work every day from about 8-4, mostly maintaining vacant lots around the Augusta area. Visitation is held Sat., Sun., & holidays from 9-1. It is held in a gym & you can hug & kiss your significant when you get there and when you leave, but no touching in between & they have cameras watching you. Hope this helps & good luck!

kboswife
08-16-2011, 08:18 PM
THis camp would be good if there was AC.....it is ridiculously hot during visitation so I could imagine wut it is like in the dorms....at least they leave m-f and get fresh air but it is hard work....