View Full Version : need help getting married in A county jail

niknrob143
08-01-2004, 01:22 AM
I am trying t find out if u can get married in a county jail. i dont know if this is were i should be posting this but i dont know how to use this site yet . Anyone with advice it would be greatly apppreciated. Thank you:confused: :confused:

Manzanita
08-01-2004, 04:07 PM
I do not know the answer to this. someone here will I am sure, you may want to look it up under SEARCH

Hanksmom
08-01-2004, 07:34 PM
try geting in touch with prisoner assistance.org but I don't think so, because county is just for people whose bid is a year of less. Anything over a year they go upstate to one of the correctional facilities. Paula

NYSDOCSLAW
08-02-2004, 05:58 PM
Yes, you canget married in a county jail. All you need is the license and approval formt he superintendent. If you need help please send me an IM and I will give you my contact info

Stesne
08-02-2004, 06:22 PM
I know ppl will probably get irritated with me...buut just curious...why get married in a county jail? I mean...I can understand when your bf has a longer prison sentence...but less then a year? Wouldn't it be better to spend that year or less planning a wedding on the outside? Or do you just want to get married before he goes to prison? If you really want to know, I'd call the jail where he's at. Ok I'm done..dont kill me please :)

MARKS WIFE
08-02-2004, 07:43 PM
I am trying t find out if u can get married in a county jail. i dont know if this is were i should be posting this but i dont know how to use this site yet . Anyone with advice it would be greatly apppreciated. Thank you:confused: :confused: my husband was in harris county...houston ,tx..we got married april 16th.you have to go to the court house get a application for a marriage by proxy.he will have to fill it out send it back to you and then you have to notarize it..he wont be able to be there but if you love him as much as i love my husband,it won't matter!...we will do the big hoopla when he comes home...hope this helps!...and congradulation's:thumbsup: