View Full Version : Lori Redmond - parole attorney

Texazfun
08-18-2004, 05:37 PM
I got a letter from my son today and he asked me to see if I could get any information about a parole attorney named Lori Redmond, well I found her #'s and address but was wondering have any of you used her? He was told by several people that she is very good. I was considering hiring her. (Might have to sell my blood everyday to afford it). Since this is our second round thought it may be worth it. Thanks

Jim
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I, too, have heard good things about her. I believe she works with her attorney sister. The down side may be that I have also heard that she takes only cases she really thinks she can win. Of course, that makes her batting record better since she is shooting fish in a barrel. On the other hand, if you have a tough nut to crack and she turns you down, you just saved money and learned a lesson.

gage464
08-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Just got word from Lori Redmond's office today that my son made parole. He will be home November 20!! Yes, we used Lori, and I can't say one way or the other if he would have made it without her help. My husband and I travel all over the United States working so I didn't feel I could really do what I needed to do to help him make parole. I have NO regrets at all hiring her. Good luck to you and yours and we will keep you in our prayers, because I really do believe prayers played a big part in my son's coming home. Kathy==Darrell's Mom

Jillian
08-19-2004, 12:43 AM
I am just wondering how much did lori cost? was it alot? Thanks

Johnscarebear
08-19-2004, 06:13 AM
It cost $1500 for Lori Redmond's services. I hired her for my husband. They are a good group of people in her office. They are very caring. I want my husband home, so I'd do anything or pay anything to have him here. He comes up for review in October, so we'll see, but with gag464's outcome I have high hopes.

Lamb
08-19-2004, 02:03 PM
where is Lori Redmond located?

MoMo
08-19-2004, 02:20 PM
she is in houston

Texazfun
08-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Thank you very much for information. I guess I will call her tomorrow and get her on the case. Does she take payments are does she want it all up front?

Willsgirl
08-19-2004, 07:35 PM
My brother got a letter from her and she said her fee was 2000, with 1000 up front and the rest before he came up.

Texazfun
08-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Are all of the parole attorneys about the same do you think???????

drodriguez76
08-19-2004, 07:54 PM
What is Lori Redmond's phone number? I would like to call and get some more information on her services.....

Willsgirl
08-19-2004, 07:55 PM
I think for some it depends how much work they may have to put in getting them out. I think when checking them out, see if they will keep working on the case if the get a No the first time around. I have heard of one you have to pay for them to try again, not sure which one it was.

Texazfun
08-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Lori K. Redmond
713-780-0344
713-780-3681
fax 713-780-9785
7100 Regency Square, Ste. 161
Houston TX 77036

drodriguez76
08-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Thank you very much for the information :) ! Have you ever heard of a Paul Hampel?Lori K. Redmond
713-780-0344
713-780-3681
fax 713-780-9785
7100 Regency Square, Ste. 161
Houston TX 77036

Texazfun
08-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Yes I have and talked to him awhile back. I called Lori and she charges $1500.00....
$500.00 down and $125.00 a month. All has to be paid before the parole hearing. She contacts the inmate and then decides if she will take the case.

MARGARITA009
08-20-2004, 08:05 PM
We used Atty. Latrishia Redmond, Lori's sister in Law. Everything went great, and right now TODAY my Dear son come home!!!! Thank God. ~Hugs ~*Tita

Texazfun
08-20-2004, 08:47 PM
I assume the prices are the same??????

MARGARITA009
08-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Latrisia Redmond (Lori's sister is law) Yes, prices are the same $1,500 but, you pay only 500 at the beginning, and if you do not have all the amount I assume you can may payments, But for sure everything must be paid in full 2 weeks after the Parole Interview in the Unit. The first lawyer I plan to hired, Just to evaluate the case he want to charged me 3,500. and if we aggreed the residual balance could it be betwen 7, to 8K crazy eh?(maybe he was thinking that my last name was Mrs TRUMP....

Texazfun
08-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Yes it is wild, my son told me that there is this one lawyer that guarantees parole for something like $8000. and up. Now how is that possible????????

mmm3trey
08-23-2004, 04:58 PM
It cost $1500 for Lori Redmond's services. I hired her for my husband. They are a good group of people in her office. They are very caring. I want my husband home, so I'd do anything or pay anything to have him here. He comes up for review in October, so we'll see, but with gag464's outcome I have high hopes.

Texazfun
08-23-2004, 09:16 PM
that is a members name... She used Lori and her sons coming home

Johnscarebear
08-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Ooops, it should actually be gage464. Sorry about that! I am so thrilled for her....

Abner
08-25-2004, 12:06 PM
DON'T BUY GUARANTEE NONSENSE!

You can't guarantee something like parole, though someone who's good will be able to know who's more likely to get it than others. It has much more to do with that prisoner did, etc., than who his/her lawyer is.

FIND SOMEONE LIKE MS. REDMOND WHO DOES THAT TYPE OF THING AND KNOWS HIS OR HER STUFF.

I'M A LAWYER, AND I KNOW YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Sorry to shout . . . .

abner

Yes it is wild, my son told me that there is this one lawyer that guarantees parole for something like $8000. and up. Now how is that possible????????

Texazfun
08-26-2004, 03:53 PM
I know there isn't anyway that they can guarantee they get out but there is alot of the prisoners thinking they can, including my son. Thanks for sharing...

CenTexLyn
09-05-2004, 07:37 AM
Abner is correct...nobody can guarantee a result, even on the ones that are obvious candidates for favorable first votes. What can be accurately stated is that a competent attorney can put issues in front of the voters that would not otherwise have been readily apparent and a focus can be put onto overcoming the negative information in the file. They absolutely MUST be able to address every one of the statistical models and explain why either an exception exists or why it should be followed. I could go on, but the bottom line is that if information might exist on a screen anywhere in the mainframe or on a TCIC/NCIC printout, they better be able to discuss it intelligently and explain its significance or insignificance.

Jim
09-05-2004, 07:58 AM
I believe you inadvertently dramatized the point most inmate families make and that is what is good for the goose is not good for the gander at TDCJ. Again, it's a negative position that states when an attorney tries to free an inmate said attorney must dot every "i" and cross every "t" regarding formulas, models, ad nausem. But when the dust clears, the law states the board in its presumed wisdom may toss out all rationale, all formulas, etc. and use its own "discretion." That's one of many things wrong with the system and those who champion the status quo. The playing field is not level. A good attroney, may not stay on track with the "formulas" and "models" and thus his client remains behind bars despite a compelling case to free the inmate. But even if she/he does address all of these issues the parole board still has the discretion to stick their noses in the air and rubber stamp the file "denied". The back of this beast must be broken thru a complete reformation of the prison/parole system. Otherwise, little old grandmas will go on rusting away in prison because some parole board member had burned toast that morning.

CenTexLyn
09-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Jim, the issue people face when selecting an attorney for parole matters is whether the attorney actually knows parole and the various processes or whether they are of the type that basically submit a packet of letters. Having seen the work-products of a lot of offices, I can only tell you that there is some real crap out there and that in the case of certain attorneys, the outcome is the same as if the family had gone it alone just that the family got the financial outlay of a couple of thousand bucks to go along with their effort.

If families are spending money on an attorney, they should know what to look for, and that was the point I raised. Do you want someone that understands the system or do you want someone that just needs two more cases to qualify for a set of steak knives? And with that, I am out of this thread...

Jim
09-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Again, the ultimate issue is not whether a parole-specialty attorney knows what they are doing. Assume you are in a room full of lawyers, each of whom holds a doctorate in jurisprudence and golfs every day with everyone on the parole board. Yet they and their clients are cheated by a bureaucratic system that is built on revenge and illegitimate power. It all matters not when political appointees (read parole board members) are free to use caprice, whimsey and so-called "discretion" to further sidetrack and ruin the lives of inmates and their families. The late and unlamented Daniel Guerra was able to exercise his own brand of pro-victim prejudice and caprice at the parole voting table not because such behavior is right but only because unfettered, free-wheeling discretion is permitted --- despite what any attorney in the world may know about parole issues.

caringparalegal
10-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Basically, The inmate is contacted to determine the crime/how much time they have gotten and how much of it has been served, do they have any displinary( which if it is a major case within the last year will usually knock them out of parole reveiw ) Ms. Redmond does not only take the easy cases, she screens because she does not want to take hard earned money from people and not be able to help them. A hard case don't scare her.

hotbabe_2577
11-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Does anybody know of an attorney in dallas texas that specializes in sentence reduction? My brother told me and his wife to see if we could locate one. I'm not sure where to even begin on that so if anyone can help it would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!

hotbabe_2577
11-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Just wanted to let you know that it is possible to guarantee parole. The reason why is because the parole attorneys that cost so much will pay people off. I know that sucks, but it the truth.
DON'T BUY GUARANTEE NONSENSE!

You can't guarantee something like parole, though someone who's good will be able to know who's more likely to get it than others. It has much more to do with that prisoner did, etc., than who his/her lawyer is.

FIND SOMEONE LIKE MS. REDMOND WHO DOES THAT TYPE OF THING AND KNOWS HIS OR HER STUFF.

I'M A LAWYER, AND I KNOW YOU DON'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

Sorry to shout . . . .

abner

Jim
11-12-2004, 10:22 AM
The chances of getting a sentence commutation (reduction) in Texas are slim and none (and Slim just left town.) Any lawyer who tells you otherwise has his eye on your checkbook and not on your case. Governor Perry has several sentence commutation appeals sitting on his desk that have been there for two years. I have been down this road and I urge you to turn back. You first must get the court of record to ask for a reduction. The district attorney must then sign off on it. The parole board must approve and forward it on to the governor. That's where it will sit and rust away. The governor has the final say and he is a clone of former Gov. George "Hang 'Em High" Bush. I hear good things about attorney Redmond but the flip side of her reputation is that she handles only those cases in which she is 90% certain she will win. There's nothing wrong with that if it saves you money and broken hopes. Her "fishing record" is built on shooting fish in a barrel so if she turns you down it's likely because your husband isn't in her barrel.

Goose Bumps
11-14-2004, 03:34 PM
As usual Jim, eloquently said. Looks like you might have run off CTL again too. At least from this thread. I just keep hoping and maybe hoping beyond hope that attitudes will change in the five more years until my wife comes up for parole. I believe I know where you stand as of recently, so my hopes are with your wife and her parole set off also. I am hoping we can all have great dinner out sometime in the future when both wives are free and we are able to put this nightmare behind us. Of course it'll have to be decided whether to try to continue to fight for what is right or to just run as far away as humanly possible from this madness in Texas that is TDCJ and the parole board. That's going to be a tough call. I hate to sit and do nothing while I know there are so many injustices going on as we speak. Good luck and keep me posted once in a while pal! Whaddaya say? See you soon Jim.

Laurenk
01-21-2005, 12:35 PM
My mother-in law just hired Lori for my husbands next review, she charges $1500. Frpm what my husband says is that she ONLY takes a case if she knows see can win, she's turned down a few guys cases where my huband is. Well he willbe review agian in May,so we will see what happens. We are praying for him to come home

latia21
12-29-2005, 10:23 PM
My husband has been locked up for 3 months now and he still hasn;t had a revocation hearing or a hearing. He was picked up this year for violating parole in 2003 and they've just caught him in October. They still haven;t givien him a hearing or notifies him. Whats going on.

Lrelease
01-06-2006, 04:14 PM
When choosings a firm make sure they do what they say. Dont just take the word of someone that tells you what you want to hear. Good Luck!!

LudiF0802
01-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi, I just hired ms. Redmond and wanted to see if you think its worth it. Please ease my mind and let me know I hired the right attorney

scarlettmom7872
01-31-2006, 09:53 AM
I just called Ms Redman's office, and this is what I found out. Once your loved one is at TDC and has a # and address, she will send them a questionaire and then decide on fee and if she wants to take the case.

I was told that it would be $500.00 upfront and could make payments of $150.00 per week, but the balance had to be paid before the hearing.

If he doesnt get paroled the first time, she will stay on the case till he does get paroled.

The only thing that I told her about the offense was that it was 4th time DWI, no other info, so it might be a good assumption that she let's everyone retain for $500.00 and a payplan.

Hope this info helps someone out there.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

msmecca
02-09-2006, 10:04 PM
WE retained Lori also. She basically told me when I talked to her is that she does not take cases she eel she cant win with the board. Yes the reainer was $500

Texasfem
02-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Yes, I have heard of Paul and nothing I have heard has been good! I myself tried several times to contact him and he has never taken the time to speak with me through e-mail or this site.

Texasfem
02-12-2006, 09:44 AM
WE retained Lori also. She basically told me when I talked to her is that she does not take cases she eel she cant win with the board. Yes the reainer was $500
I have sent Lori a Letter a week ago. How long before she reads my letter and contacts me? I have spoken to her staff, wonderful group of people. I look forward to meeting her. Jeannie

Texasfem
02-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Hi, I just hired ms. Redmond and wanted to see if you think its worth it. Please ease my mind and let me know I hired the right attorney
I hope this gives you comfort. I am also looking into hiring her also. I have done so much research where parole attorneys are concerned. My attorney even referred one to me and just by the call I made to him I knew I would rather lean towards Lori. I sent her a letter in hopes she will take our case. Please keep me up dated on how things go with your case and Lori Redman. You just made the first step to helping your family member get set free. All you can do now is just trust her to come through for the two of you. Good Luck, Jeannie

msg2004
02-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I just called and I was advised that she charges $1700... $500 down and $150 payments before he comes up... I was also advised that if she has a 80% - 85% chance of getting him paroled is when she will take the case... Also if he doesn't make the 1st one that she will try again

Crone
02-15-2006, 05:19 AM
This is the first question my husband asked me when he got incarcerated. I did some looking around and the attorneys that I spoke with (Paul Hampel and one other one that specialize in post conviction law) told me that sentence reduction is nearly impossible to do. I do wish you much luck in your quest to find an attorney that will take the job AND that he/she is successful in obtaining a sentece reduction.

Vegasmax
08-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Lori will make a honest effort. She has traveled to Amarillo to appear before the BPP in behalf of Mike Maxwell but has not been successful as of this date. However, she intends to make every effort to help Mike get a pao=role. Never, send money or hire someone who says the can get a parole for you 100% for sure they can't!! Unless it's time served and then save your money! Lori is a good choice and well worth the money! Mike says so, She know him.
You might contact these people as well:they can offer some ideas on what you the family needs to do too. parolesource on the web
Good Luck

Hopeful Grandma
08-13-2006, 02:12 AM
What does she charge to determine whether or not she will accept the case?

Help-A-Con
08-14-2006, 03:54 AM
What does she charge to determine whether or not she will accept the case?

Not a thing. She'll send the offender some information to fill out, an application I guess you could call it, and when she gets it back she'll make the determination. We hired Lori about a year ago and only paid a total of $1,700 for her to represent my husband.

dragonfly02
08-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi, I was wondering if there is anyway to find out if some one is pleading against your loved one at parole? My sibling just got turned down for the 4th time in 2 yrs, and their reson's don't make sense with his charges....?
Can anyone help? I have just called Lori Redmond too, but the waiting is killing me, should we still be writing support ltters to the parole board?
Thanks for any help!!!

Artavia's Wife
08-24-2006, 12:49 PM
I just talk to her office and it's kinda sad that she will only take cases she thinks she can win. It makes you wonder is she scared of a fight or maybe she's not as good as people think. I know in my situtation I need someone who's good and not afraid to talk about why my honey should be released. I don't know I'll find out once he receives the letter from her and sends it back.

Crone
08-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm not sure I understand why you would want to give your money to an attorney that doesn't feel that she can win the case. To refuse a case doesn't mean the attorney is afraid of a fight. It generally means there is no fight to be had because the case is that bad that they can't win no matter what they do.

I have a lot of respect for an attorney that would tell me that they don't feel they can win the case because they aren't "stealing" my hard earned money by saying they can win when they can't and in doing so I don't waste my hard earned money. Having an aggressive attorney in no way guarantees anyone a win. It all depends on how the facts line up, how much damage the defendant/inmate has done to his/her own case and what the jury/judge or parole board member is like. Personally I admire Lori and attorneys like her that don't take a person's money if they don't feel they can win the case.

Artavia's Wife
08-24-2006, 08:18 PM
I understand your point but you have to understand mine. When an attorney turns you down (which I have never heard of before) it makes you wonder and your right it depend on alot of things. But how are you suppose to know what those things are if you turn a person turns you down before they even look at the whole situation or for someone to tell you that Lori probably wont take the case. All of these inmates have already been found guilty the question is can they, or have they, been rehabilitated? I think my honey can benefit from a FI-5R or 6 but I need someone who can get that through to the parole board. I want to hire her but your right if she feels in her mind and heart after going over the paper work he send her back that she can't win I don't want her to just take my money. I can't do anything but respect that and keep moving because I'm fighting for my baby.

Crone
08-25-2006, 12:17 AM
I understand your point but you have to understand mine. When an attorney turns you down (which I have never heard of before) it makes you wonder and your right it depend on alot of things. But how are you suppose to know what those things are if you turn a person turns you down before they even look at the whole situation or for someone to tell you that Lori probably wont take the case. All of these inmates have already been found guilty the question is can they, or have they, been rehabilitated? I think my honey can benefit from a FI-5R or 6 but I need someone who can get that through to the parole board. I want to hire her but your right if she feels in her mind and heart after going over the paper work he send her back that she can't win I don't want her to just take my money. I can't do anything but respect that and keep moving because I'm fighting for my baby.
I do understand your point. :thumbsup: I see attorneys turn down cases often. I work for three attorneys that turn people away - more times than not telling them that they don't need an attorney - that they can represent themselves, that they don't have a case, or that they would be wasting their money, etc. Sometimes a case is easy enough to read for a skilled attorney that they won't waste your time (or your money) by spending a lot of time deciding if the case could be won if there are some blatant, glaring problems with the case from first blush.

The specific attorney that I work has shared with me that his mentor taught him that attorneys are attorneys because they want to help people - not because they want to fill their pockets with greenbacks.

I hope Lori is able to take your honey's case. I hear she is phenomenal!

Artavia's Wife
08-25-2006, 06:58 AM
Thanks Crone2004 I really appreciate your honesty and support.;)

AngelC79
08-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Hey guys just wanna give my input on the Lori Redmond stuff!! She, and her paralegal Grace are awesome!!!! I have no complaints about them AT ALL!! They have very helpful when I needed information, and willing to talk about even the most minor points. She also encourages family to be there for the actual parole interview with the lawyer! My boyfriends aunt and I went to it and the Parole commisioner was very nice and upfront. Lori seems to have a great repoor with the Angleton board, and i am sure other boards as well!! She is WELL Worth the $1700 we paid cuz my b/f will be home in about a week now!!!!
Good luck to all!!

MrJustice
08-25-2006, 10:00 PM
As an attorney myself with some considerable experience within the Criminal Justice System in Canada (26 years at this point), I can say that I rarely recommend that an inmate hire a lawyer to assist in a parole hearing. Ask yourself what the lawyer might be able to do. They rarely see the offender prior to the parole hearing. So, if he/she is not ready for the hearing and not in a position to demonstrate to the Board that there is a viable plan IN PLACE that responds to the Board's and, by extension, the community's concerns, what is having an overpaid lawyer going to do that would in any way sway the opinion of the Board. You and your son should spend your time getting ready. By that I mean the following:- develope a positive working relationship with your classification officer. If she does not support you, chances are you ain't going no where; secondly, get into as many counselling sessions as you can to address any outstanding issues like drug/alcohol abuse, sex offender counselling where necessary, anger management and so forth; thirdly, prepare for work in the community be taking whatever course within the institution (assuming they exist) that you and your classification officer feel may be of benefit to you; do correspondence courses if possible; make sure you have letters of reference from credible people within the community to which you intend to return; work with the Chaplain within the institution to assist in reestablishing a solid relationship with your family, in particular, if you intend to return to live with them. By taking these steps, you will demonstrate to the Board that you have not only thought about being released but YOU NOT YOUR LAWYER have PREPARED for it. It has been my experience that the Parole Board does not necessarily appreciate offenders bringing lawyers into the hearing. It makes them feel that you are somehow trying to intimidate them and, to be frank, the Board is not stupid enough to be swayed by the antics of some overpaid attorney. Do it your self...show your commitment to change and a stable lifestyle. Save your money for your reintegration into the community.

MagicEyez
08-30-2006, 10:03 AM
^ Interesting reading!!!!

jessnkat
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Very good points, MrJustice.....and alot of my own feelings about the matter rival yours. Thanks for your input!

jojacks
08-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Mr. Justice, I agree with your statements. Thanks for the input.

Me,Myself&I
08-30-2006, 09:57 PM
does this lori k redmond have an website? how do we contact her? what do I say when I do contact her about my boyfriends situation?.

Help-A-Con
08-31-2006, 03:19 AM
Free Rico...Lori doesn't have a web site. Her office # is 713-780-0344. They'll send your boyfriend an information sheet to fill out and from that determine whether she'll take his case.

Mr.Justice...I totally agree with your points about how the inmate should prepare himself for parole and re-entry. My husband has done everything he can to prove to the board that he's ready to come home and be a productive member of society. He earned a degree, 2 vocational certifications, and 5 OJT certifications. He has a clean disciplinary record, no cases in 20 years. I put together a great parole packet for him. Got tons of support letters from his family and friends, and copies of everything he's done since he hit prison in 1986. I even have someone working on getting him a job in one of his certified fields. We have a nice home that we don't owe a dime on, 2 cars that we don't owe a dime on, and money in 4 retirement funds. When it was time to hire an attorney I left that decision to my husband. He insisted on hiring one, he paid for it, so I hired one. I feel like an attorney can help present his parole packet to the board and get in to see the board, when I can't. We need that advocate. I worked in the court system for a long time and I learned that the "good 'ol boy" system goes a long way, and I'm counting on that system helping my husband.

Texasfem
09-10-2006, 05:33 AM
When choosings a firm make sure they do what they say. Dont just take the word of someone that tells you what you want to hear. Good Luck!!
This is the best advice to give!! Thank you for posting!

BRWNIS
09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
I am glad to have run across this thread, my husband sent me Lori Redmond's business card about a month ago. I had made plans to contact her, and to go visit her,but now, I know exactly what to do. Thank you very much.

Archie Buttle
09-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Texazfun: how much does it cost if she doesn't take the case? $500?

red bird
09-30-2006, 02:47 PM
IMOHO.......I still think parole attorneys are a waste of hard earned money. Red Bird

jojacks
09-30-2006, 03:03 PM
I agree, redbird. I just think family is who the Board wants to hear from.

Caryl
01-06-2008, 04:12 PM
We visited my son saturday and he also told us about Lori Redmond. I was wondering, if you have already had a parole meeting, but have not heard back...is it to late to hire Lori Redmond. Also, does anyone know what exactly a parole attorney does? We hired several different lawyers for our son and pretty much all of them just took our money and didn't fight for him. Thanks

lormur
01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
Caryl, basically the parole attorneys with whom I am familiar do nothing but give you directions on how to build a parole packet and if you push and shove hard enough they occassionally get you a personal interview with the lead voter. SAVE your Money, First, it is too late, second, if you have already done a parole packet then you have done what they would tell you to do. Of course they would take the credit. and most definitely your MONEY.

Caryl
01-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for your answer lormur. We have written letters, and had other people write letters of support for our son to the parole board, but that is all we have done. I don't really know what all should be in the packet. This is our first experience with the parole board.