View Full Version : Vineline Information

lynaria
09-13-2004, 09:22 PM
Can anyone tell me how correct the information is as supplied by the Victim Information Notification Everyday 800 number? My husband out date has been changed twice since the first of August each time with an earlier out date.

It started out with a November 12th outdate, then changed to October 22nd, then to October 1st. He's been told his out date is October but he hasn't been given a date yet. Should I be finalizing plans to pick him up and make reservations?

I'm so excited guys! Someone please tell me if I can believe this information or not because I don't want to get my hopes up just to have the bubble busted.

Thanks for your help!

Lynaria :yay:

Retired-10
09-13-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm a victims advocate and I honestly don't bother referring my victims to VINE anymore. It's rarely accurate and defendants are constantly released without victims being notified. I get so annoyed with that system. I can't begin to tell you what to believe :)

lynaria
09-15-2004, 09:22 PM
I just got news today that he was eligible for an 'administrative' release which if approved would take his outdate to October 1st so it looks like he's been approved and the Vineline information was correct this time.

I'm so happy... he's coming home!

babygirl350
09-20-2004, 12:27 AM
The Vine Line's information is updated by DOC. Sometimes, they are slow about changing things, sometimes they are fast. It just depends on the volumes of things.
Next month October promises to be an exciting month for Kentucky, as many inmates are to be released according to the strong rumor that is going around.
Alot of factors changes the dates on the Vine Line, Good Time, Meritorious Good Time, Appeals, Pardons.
Good luck to you. I am so glad it worked out this way for you.
Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.

rottn
09-20-2004, 03:57 AM
I don't know how Kentucky works, but with Ohio I was called a month before he was released, then every week after that, then every day for the last 3 days.

lynaria
09-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Well last he heard he was up for an 'administrative' release which would have moved his out date from October 22nd (that date was with this year's good time) to October 1st. He talked with his case worker the 7th of September and all his paperwork stated was October but no date was given. As of the 15th he still hasn't heard what the exact date of his release will be but the VINE line states it as October 1st.

I've made reservations and gotten time off work for the October 1st date because it's a whole lot easier to cancel a reservation than it is to make one at the last minute. He's coming home and I'm sure looking forward to having him here!

Lynaria

babygirl350
09-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Well I wish you both alot of luck. I know it will be a glorious day for you both.
Remember Hope is a good thing, it springs life eternal.