View Full Version : Dodge Correctional Institution

Wenny
09-27-2004, 04:13 PM
This info is from the site of WI DOC (http://www.wi-doc.com/dodge.htm)

Mr. Jim Schwochert, Warden
1 W. Lincoln Street
PO Box 661
Waupun, WI 53963-0661
Phone: 920-324-5577
Fax: 920-324-6354
A&E Fax: 920-324-6281

Inmate Mail - P.O. Box 700 (ZIP 53963-0700)
Visiting - General Information (http://www.wi-doc.com/Visiting%20-%20General%20Information.pdf)
Visiting Information DCI Visitation-Inmate (http://www.wi-doc.com/DCI%20900.422.01%20Visitation%20-%20Inmate.pdf)
Visiting Information for Business Visitors (http://www.wi-doc.com/DCI%20Business%20Visits.pdf).pdf (http://www.wi-doc.com/DCI%20Business%20Visits.pdf)

Inmate Mail - P.O. Box 700 (ZIP 53963-0700)
SECURITY LEVEL: Maximum
OPERATING CAPACITY: 1165 Males, 30 Females
CURRENT POPULATION: 1550 Males, 70 Females
DATE OPENED: 1978
NUMBER OF ACRES: 57
SPECIAL UNITS: Infirmary, Medical Primary Care, Special Management, Assessment and Evaluation, Centralized Transportation, Contract Health Care Unit, Central Pharmacy, Medical Records, Contract Monitoring Unit
NUMBER OF SECURITY STAFF: 419
NUMBER OF NON-SECURITY STAFF: 167
OPERATING BUDGET FY 2002: $35,643,800
INMATE PROGRAMS

DCI does not have traditional programming for inmates. The institution functions as the main reception center for all adult males and females committed to the Department of Corrections. It serves as the Assessment and Evaluation Center for the Division of Adult Institutions. DCI does provide counseling and programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and religious services.

Assessment & Evaluation Unit infosheet for visits (from WI DOC site in pdf):

TO INMATES: This information sheet should be sent to your visitors and correspondents. Retain a copy for your information.

MAIL: Correspondence should be addressed to inmates by name and number at PO Box 700, Waupun, WI 53963*0700. Sender's name and address must be indicated on the return address portion of the envelope.

Inmates in the Assessment & Evaluation Unit at this institution are not allowed to receive most items of personal property either through the mail or on visits. Family and friends may send money in the form of a money order or cashier with the purchase of embossed envelopes from Canteen. Money Orders & Cashiers checks are to be mailed to the inmate at PO Box 800.

A&E VISITING LIST: No more than 4 related adult visitors (natural, adoptive, step, foster parents, or legal guardian; spouse; and your children) will be approved to visit. Your children under 18 years of age shall not be counted against the 4*visitor limit on your list. If your spouse\0s last name is different than yours, they must send a copy of your marriage license to verify their relationship to you. You must send questionnaires available on your unit to your proposed visitors.

GP VISITING LIST: No more than 12 adult visitors will be approved to visit. Children under 18 years of age shall not be counted against the 12*visitor limit on your list. You must send questionnaires available on your unit to your proposed visitors.

VISITING ROOM: Dodge Correctional Institution is located in the southern section of the City of Waupun at 1 West Lincoln Street. Only those persons who are listed on the Approved Visiting List are allowed to visit. The maximum number of visitors over age 5 for any one visit is 5. Children under 5 years of age are not counted against the limit of 5 visitors per visit. An adult must accompany children under 18 years of age in order to visit.

Visitors 16 years of age and older will be required to furnish identification before being admitted. The only acceptable forms of identification are valid and current military identification card (if currently in active service), driver's license, state picture identification card, passport, D.O.T picture identification, county welfare department picture identification card. No paper money is allowed past the Lobby.

A change machine is located in the Lobby. Each visitor may take a maximum of $10.00 in change to the Visiting Center. Change must be carried in a small clear plastic bag. No wallets or purses are allowed to be taken to the Visiting Center. Lockers in which visitors may secure their personal belongings are available in the Lobby. Purchases of hobby items for sale in the Visiting Center can be made by check or money order only. Visitors must inform the Lobby Officer upon their arrival of their desire to purchase a hobby item. Visitors are expected to contact the Visiting Center Officer upon their arrival in the Visiting Center. The Visiting Center Officer will process the transaction. At the conclusion of the visit, the hobby items will be given to the visitor along with a receipt.

Vending machines are available for use during visits in the Visiting Center. Visitors cannot leave money for inmates.

For the purpose of counting visits, the visit week will start on Sunday and end the following Saturday. visits, the visit week will start on Sunday and end the following Saturday.
DCI will not be processing visits between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. on weekends or between 5:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. on weekdays in order to conduct the inmate count.
Visitors are not allowed in the Lobby prior to 8:00 a.m. on weekends and 2:45 p.m. during the week. Processing visits in the Lobby ends 45 minutes prior to visiting hours ending. MEDICAL

VERIFICATION: If you have any medical reasons that may keep you from clearing the metal detector, you must have a doctor send medical verification on the doctor\0s stationery to Dodge Correctional Institution, Attn: Security Department, PO Box 661, Waupun, WI 53963*0661, stating where the metal is located. There will be a one*time exception if you have proof of an operation by way of medical slip or card. The inmate's name and doctor's signature must be on the medical verification slip.

CLOTHING: Do not wear any clothing with extra metal attached, tags, snaps, bobby pins, hat pins, etc. that may set off the metal detector. This includes underwire bras. You will only be allowed to wear one ring, one necklace, and one pair of earrings. A Medic*Alert bracelet will be allowed. Footwear must be worn. You will only be allowed 3 attempts to make it through the metal detector before being denied, so please dress appropriately. When in doubt, bring extra clothing along to prevent being denied a visit. Finger*tip length is defined as standing naturally with arms down, fingers extended. The following apparel is inappropriate and will result in the denial of a visit. Transparent clothing, shorts (shorter than fingertip length), skirts/dresses shorter than fingertip length plus three inches, slits in skirts or dresses shorter then fingertip length, strapless, tube and halter tops/dresses, tops and dresses which expose the midriff (front and/or back), spandex or spandex*like and lycra or lycra*like athletic pants, aerobic/exercise tights, leotards, or swimming suits, underwear worn on the outside, revealing holes or tears above fingertip level, clothing or accessories with obscene or profane writing, images, or pictures. Clothing depicting drug paraphernalia, gang, disruptive groups, club or insignia may be cause for denied entrance (this includes footwear and motorcycle jackets bearing club logos). Headwear is allowed after viewing/identification by staff.

mof109
08-10-2007, 05:05 PM
My son will soon be transferred to Dodge for evaluation...what can I expect him to go through? How long does this process USUALLY take? Thanks for any and all replies. I'm new at this!

Lynnsy
08-13-2007, 04:25 PM
It runs 4-6 according to WI documents. There are lots of threads about the evaluation period in this forum. You can find them by using the "search" link at the top of the screen. Sometimes we refer to the evaluation period as reception or orientation or A&E (assessment & evaluation).

Basically, he'll be really bored while the DOC runs medical tests and psychological evaluations to determine which prison has the programs (and space) to meet his needs.

mof109
09-30-2007, 03:58 PM
My son has been at Dodge for three days. When can he call home? Is there a special time of day he can call? Also, he has been on anti-depressants for over a year. Will he have the medicine he needs as soon as he gets there, or will he have to wait to be seen by psychiatrist? Cold turkey from his meds is very dangerous, but I don't want to call the prison to be a whiney mom!! Can he get photo copied books while at A and E? Any and all replies are appreciated very, very much. I'm a nervous mom, and my son just turned 21. Yipes, this is scarey stuff.

CHIgirl
10-06-2007, 12:17 AM
O.K. I always come on here, but this is my first time joining. An ex-BF of mine just got transferred from Sauk County to Dodge. I was wondering what kind of a place it is. Tell me about commissary and such. Also, I am having trouble searching for Wisconsin inmates. That vinelink stuff does not work. I mean, do you have to be a victim to search for inmate info? At least in Illinois, you can look at pictures and all. Does anybody know where I can look up Wisconsin inmates? It seems so hard to find any info. I really do not want to have to go through the whole BS of registering to be a victim just to look up my ex-BF. Please let me know if there is an easy way. Also, I am curious to see pictures of Dodge. I wonder what the cells look like??? O.K. Sorry if I seem a little harsh. It is just that this guy was my first, he is only 21, we hooked up again, and not even three months later, he gets locked up again. To top it off, his mom and her 22 year old BF are in jail in Winnebago County for first degree murder.

MONAJA27
10-06-2007, 03:05 PM
O.K. I always come on here, but this is my first time joining. An ex-BF of mine just got transferred from Sauk County to Dodge. I was wondering what kind of a place it is. Tell me about commissary and such. Also, I am having trouble searching for Wisconsin inmates. That vinelink stuff does not work. I mean, do you have to be a victim to search for inmate info? At least in Illinois, you can look at pictures and all. Does anybody know where I can look up Wisconsin inmates? It seems so hard to find any info. I really do not want to have to go through the whole BS of registering to be a victim just to look up my ex-BF. Please let me know if there is an easy way. Also, I am curious to see pictures of Dodge. I wonder what the cells look like??? O.K. Sorry if I seem a little harsh. It is just that this guy was my first, he is only 21, we hooked up again, and not even three months later, he gets locked up again. To top it off, his mom and her 22 year old BF are in jail in Winnebago County for first degree murder.

HEY THERE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE! DO YOU HAVE A DOC NUMBER FOR HIM! VINELINK IS VERY CRAZY U HAVE TO HAVE THE CORRECT SPELLING THAT THEY HAVE IN HIS FILES. DATE OF BIRTH SOMETIMES HELP BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS PULL HIM UP BY HIS NUMBER BUT THEY DO NOT HAVE PICTURES OF INMATES. YOU CAN FIND INFO ABOUT THE FACILITY ON THE WISCONSIN DEPT OF CORRECTIONS WEBSITE. YOU CLICK ON ADULT INSTITUTIONS, THEN THERE IS A LINK ON THE PAGE THAT HAVE THE DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS AND LINKS TO GO TO THE SITE. HOPE U FIND HIM

CHIgirl
10-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey... I finally figured it out!! I did not realize the 'search' button was on the upper left hand corner! It still kind of sucks that I can not see a picture on Vinelink. It would have been cool to see a mugshot. I wonder if you can see one for Wisconsin inmates>?

pandagurl
10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Hey my bf just got transferred to Dodge and he is in the A&E right now and he only gets one phone call a week and some weeks he will have to call other people in his family so i wont hear from him for a while and I know he can write letters but I am at school in Stevens Point which is about 2 hours away and have no way of getting there to put money on his books. Is there a way I can send him money or do it over the phone or something, or do I have to go there?

pandorantrix
10-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Pandagurl,

You can send him money. It has to be a cashier's check though - no cash, no personal checks, no credit card payments. Fill in his name and doc number on the cashier's check where it asks who you are paying. I can't remember what the PO box number is at Dodge to send money but it is NOT the same as for sending him mail. Call and check before you send him anything because if you send it to the wrong address it will slow things up tremendously. You address the envelope to him with his doc number and then the PO box number for money. The phone number for Dodge (in case you don't have it) is 920-324-5577.

Lynnsy
10-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Money orders are also accepted Dodge and other WI DOC facilities. You can purchase them for about $1 at the post office.

pandorantrix
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Try this link

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=50001

But if he just got to Dodge, he's going to be there for awhile. And then he'll likely go to a county jail - one of the "middle men" on his journey to his institution.

Ebveda
02-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Also, I think that they keep the same id # for their whole life so if you still have it, you could try that.

tatiana37
04-24-2009, 06:17 PM
My guy just went to dodge this afternoon. How long do I have to wait to be able to go see him. I miss him so much I wasn't able to see him while he was in Sparta Wisconsin for about 5 months and then he was sentenced to 8 more months,will they transfer him for that little time or keep him there and if they do can me and his daughters go see him there? Thank you in advance for your responses.

XBOXPROGURL
08-11-2009, 02:00 AM
My guy just went to dodge this afternoon. How long do I have to wait to be able to go see him. I miss him so much I wasn't able to see him while he was in Sparta Wisconsin for about 5 months and then he was sentenced to 8 more months,will they transfer him for that little time or keep him there and if they do can me and his daughters go see him there? Thank you in advance for your responses.

Are u guys married? My guy well be soon ship to dodge maybe this week or next week, but the sad part I wont be able to see him becuz we r not married, only his kids and immediate family can see him. But right now I'm trying to find out how to set up the phone so he can call me...but yeah dodge is for evaluation, they useally keep them for 6 months then ship them off to another county jail and then to a actually prison...

speshulk
11-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Are u guys married? My guy well be soon ship to dodge maybe this week or next week, but the sad part I wont be able to see him becuz we r not married, only his kids and immediate family can see him. But right now I'm trying to find out how to set up the phone so he can call me...but yeah dodge is for evaluation, they useally keep them for 6 months then ship them off to another county jail and then to a actually prison...

My guy just got to DCI this week, he's been there before. He said they are on lock down for three days. It sounds like you can only stay in A&E for 90 days, but if you've been there before you will move through a little faster.

I looked at Correctional Billing Services (google it) and they have an account with Dodge. I set one up so hopefully as soon as he can call, that will do the trick.

Is there an way to post commisary online? Some county jails are going that way these days.

ayietscooper
11-20-2009, 05:46 PM
My guy just got to DCI this week, he's been there before. He said they are on lock down for three days. It sounds like you can only stay in A&E for 90 days, but if you've been there before you will move through a little faster.

I looked at Correctional Billing Services (google it) and they have an account with Dodge. I set one up so hopefully as soon as he can call, that will do the trick.

Is there an way to post commisary online? Some county jails are going that way these days.

Speshulk- With the calling, am I going to be able to recieve any calls in if I don't have a calling account set up? For example: While my boyfriend was in Waukesha County Jail I got a call, that said "collect call blah blah blah accept it/ or block" can I expect that from Dodge, or just absolutly nothing at all?

emmaolivia44
04-16-2010, 02:12 PM
I have a few questions about Dodge. First is what is visiting like? Do you need an appointment? I know I have to fill out the request form and be approved. When does he get a DOC number? Anything you want to share about what we should expect?

B&C4EVER
07-03-2010, 12:12 AM
are they contact visits at Dodge??

PhoenixRayne
07-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Yes they are, but they if the inmate is in A&E then it is immediate family only, children and spouses and they are only for an hour once a week according to their website. Once the inmate is staffed and arrive at their destination prison then the visits are usually a couple of hours and up to 3 times a week.

goodkarma
07-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Really? Some let you have 3 visits a week? and they are a couple hours long? WOW!

rose7
08-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello, I have some questions about Dodge correctional. will my son be able to buy a calling card to call home? or Do I have to sign up with correctional billing to get calls? When could I send him a tv and radio?.

jenjen2010
08-26-2010, 05:50 PM
My brother was admitted to Dodge last Tuesday. We have not received any calls, any letters, nothing. When I called, I was told that my brother is responsible for sending us visitation forms, yet we have not received those either? His attorney visited him this morning, and my brother told him he writes us everyday, is there any reason we would not be getting his mail? How long does it usually take before we can visit? We are worried sick, we have never been through anything like this as family.
Thank you

vsnowrn
09-12-2010, 12:17 PM
JenJen

Welcome to PTO....from what I can remember from last time, it took at least a week to two weeks for the first 15 minute phone call....it was shorter time for a letter but I remember thinking the same thing....my finacee was just transferred there Thursday...today is Sunday and still no word here either....A&E sucks but it will get better once he is staffed to a different prison.....keep your head up..and just wait patiently :)

vsnowrn
09-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Just got a letter today and it's Monday so it was about 3 business days before I got a letter....it was good to hear from him

pena1
01-24-2011, 12:37 PM
yeah just go into the dodge correctional facility website go to adult inmates scroll down til you see a anything with canteen they'll give you a few vendors where you can send them clothes electronic,stamped envelopes...check it out!!!thats what im gonna do for my guy when he gets there...

pena1
01-24-2011, 12:47 PM
yeah you can send them commissary thru online..when you go to the dodge correctional website go to the adult inmate scroll down til you see vendors for canteen they'll give you 4 sites where you can order clothes..electronics...stamped envelopes all that stuff

pena1
01-24-2011, 12:59 PM

go to the dodge correctional website to the adult inmate scroll down til you vendors for canteen and they'll give you a few vendors you can order clothes.electronics,stamped envelopes and all that stuff

Bluvsu2
01-25-2011, 02:56 PM
I believe if they are in A&E there is very limited stuff you can order them. No TV for sure.

teresaagos
06-17-2011, 12:45 PM
My BF is at Dodge now and has been there for almost 10 weeks. I was told 8 weeks. what would the hold up be? Maybe because they just changed his seizure meds and are waiting to see if they work? I don't know but he is getting frustrated as much as I am. Can anyone shed some light on why it would take so long?

rachierae
10-06-2012, 08:38 PM
My husband just got transferred there on 9/27/12 and is waiting to get staffed. Just found out that A&E inmates no matter when they get shipped there are 2, 2hr visits a week instead of 1, 2hr visit/week! They just updated this on Sept 24 2012. Does anyone know what you can and cannot wear to visiting at Dodge? I'm still waiting to be approved. The brown county jail took 25% of my husbands money I put on his books. At Dodge Correctional, they don't take anything until he gets staffed and then I think they take 15%. I don't think there's a limit either. Brown county jail phone calls are $6.18 for 15 mins. They can order $50 a week in commissary at the jail. Dodge Correctional's canteen is $20 a week and 1, 15 min phone call a week.