View Full Version : New Lisbon Correctional Institution

Wenny
09-27-2004, 04:38 PM
Mr. Timothy Lundquist, Warden
2000 Progress Road
New Lisbon, WI 53950
Phone: 608-562-6400

The 500-Cell, Medium Security Prison at New Lisbon, Wisconsin, on a 100 acre site and will house 978 inmates. The facility will offer inmate programming that includes education, religion, prison industry, and inmate job assignments.

There will be a fifty (50) bed Segregation Unit. The eight (8) buildings on the site will include four (4) housing units, a gatehouse, a core building housing a Health Services Unit, a school complex, library, religious programming space, administrative offices, and miscellaneous support facilities. Total construction costs are $51,250,000.

Staffing will include administrative, security, treatment, health services, and support staff. Staff will gradually be hired in phases in anticipation of an April 2004 opening. The process of hiring support and security staff began in December 2003. Security supervisors reported for duty in early January 2004.

Position interviews continue to be an ongoing process for administrative, health services, education, food service, program, and security positions.

The Corrections Training Center began training new officers on January 26, 2004 at the New Lisbon Correctional Institution (NLCI). Many of these officers are from the New Lisbon area and will be employed by the NLCI.

tasha72
11-03-2005, 10:42 PM
My husband got moved to New Lisbon October 11th. I know all the basic information, but was wondering if anyone has been there to visit anyone yet. How is the visiting room? What can and can't they do? Anyone heard of any trouble at the prison as far as gangs and stuff? Any information would be appreciated. I am going to see him for the first time since he moved from Dodge on November 11th. Thanks in advance!
Kerry

Kissymissy
11-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Sorry, I can't help. All I know is that it's a relatively new facility and that's it. If you don't get a response here, perhaps start a new thread in the main part of the WI forum.

stonzlove
11-16-2005, 12:28 AM
im from milwaukee, my man is in new lisbon.. this is all new to me, but if anyone want to car pool let me no...

kkpsmom
11-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I have been there a couple times now, and am heading there tomorrow.

You cannot bring anything in there with you, no photos, papers, etc. You can bring up to $10 in coins for the vending machines. (People with babies have other things they are allowed, but I don't remember the details.)

They have board games & decks of cards on some shelves there. They have a person who will take a photo (I believe it is $5) for you. You sit in chairs with a low square table between you (low as in below the knee. You sit at the table they tell you to as you enter the room.

From the place where you lock your stuff in a locker & go thru the metal detectors to where you meet the inmate, you walk outside for about 100 yards (complete guess, I am no good with distances), so be prepared - and there is a spot outside where you have to wait for a guard inside to see you and open the gate to the next section.

I hope this helps you. kkpsmom

tasha72
11-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Thank you so much. I did actually get to go there already on Nov 11th and 12th. It is pretty similar to Dodge, a little more laid back though. The inmates can sit on either side of the table here it seems, at Dodge it was only 1. If there are the big tables open, the guards are nice about letting you sit there if you want, I noticed that. I am also going there again tomorrow. It is a 3 hour drive for me one way, but I'm making it a day trip. Our daughter is not allowed to visit so I have to have a babysitter for her. Where do you come from to go there?

SARAHBEAR
01-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Hello My Husband Is Also In New Lisbon And I Go Twice A Month From Milwaukee If Anyone Wants To Car Pool, Let Me Know, I Hate Doing The Drive By Myself! Sarah

mmouse
03-24-2006, 06:35 PM
How long do you get to visit? I plan on going to visit my son but I have never been to a prison. I am so nervous. It has been almost a year since I have seen him. I assume that the weekends are the busiest but since I work evenings and it is over a 3 hour drive for me to get there, the weekend is the only time I can go. There isn't any chance of it being too full so that I can't visit is there? Has anybody brought kids along? How strict are they with the kids? Do the kids have to sit still for the whole visit? Thanks for any information you can give me.

HoneyBee4Me
03-24-2006, 07:48 PM
How long do you get to visit? I plan on going to visit my son but I have never been to a prison. I am so nervous. It has been almost a year since I have seen him. I assume that the weekends are the busiest but since I work evenings and it is over a 3 hour drive for me to get there, the weekend is the only time I can go. There isn't any chance of it being too full so that I can't visit is there? Has anybody brought kids along? How strict are they with the kids? Do the kids have to sit still for the whole visit? Thanks for any information you can give me.

I've never been to the New Lisbon center, but if you're traveling that far, you should ask your son to request a "special visit" from his social worker. Inmates are allowed I think 2-4 a year for those on their visiting list that travel over a specific distance. I use to qualify when I was 4 hours away.
Then you can usually visit longer and sometimes even on both weekend days depending on the rules at that facility- the rules for special visits.
It's worth if you're traveling a long distance and don't see him often.
But he has to do the request

tasha72
03-24-2006, 10:10 PM
My husband is at New Lisbon. Yes the inmates can request special visits if you are over 200 miles away. I don't qualify because I am only 180 miles away. Visits during the week are for 3 hours and visiting hours Tues-Fri are from 2:45-8:45PM. There are no visits on Mondays. Weekend visits are for 2 hours and visiting hours are 8AM-3:45PM I believe. Yes you can bring kids as long as they are on the inmates approved visitor list and yes it is in the rules that you are responsible to keep track of them, they cannot go running around the visitor room. There are games and coloring books and things for kids. There are vending machines. The visit room isn't bad, kind of cold and the chairs are hard, but it has a more relaxed atmosphere than most of them do. I try to go there twice a month and I drive there have a 3 hour visit and drive back in the same day. It's a 9 hour trip all together. Where do you drive from? Any other questions I would be happy to answer.

ash_84_02
04-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey girls, May man is also at New Lisbon. It really isn't that horrible to go to, as a visitor. The only complaint I have are towards a few of the guards. For the most part, the guards are very nice and helpful, but there are a few that are lacking personality. I have one helpful hint when going to visit, don't wear an underwire bra. They may have you take it off and carry it over in a paper bag. It's imbarrassing. Believe me. Other than that, the 2 hour drive there is well worth it to see my man.

Sarafina
05-01-2006, 05:27 PM
For the most part, the guards are very nice and helpful, but there are a few that are lacking personality.

This is true at any prison!! But I must say.. JCI's guards for the most part are personable. Boy were the guards at GBCI horrible in the personality dept. Haha..

Carters_girl
12-14-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, I am new at this site for starters. I havent been to New Lisbon Correctional Institution yet to see my baby Robert. I miss him to death. Him and another cell mate transfered to the NLCI from GBCI few months ago. I haven't seen my baby since Feb./March 2006. We are engaged...he has a daughter with another women...But i love them both...I came to this site because I needed the address to NLCI so i can find how to get there....All I know is its a three hour drive for me. So, good thing I work 3rd shift, and I have set days off so I can go see him then...God, I am just missing my man soo much...Hes got til year 2013 :( I am nervus to go to the NLCI though...But, I am hoping to finally go this month before christmas...surprise visit for him...and for some reason, he cant call me anymore cause its blocked....but my phone company dont have him blocked...so I have no idea whats with that, so i guess our letters will do for now...i miss his voice, touch sooo very much tough...and if your wondering why its been so long since I have seen my man...Because I been working alot of hours and picking up shifts so I can support myself, help pay off his fines, plus send money into him so he has money to live off of til he gets education done in there, then he can get job in there...

So, after reading everything on here, I am so happy that I am not the only one going through this hard time of missing my angel in my life. As hard as it is, I am still here, and still fighting for him, I love him to death, and I never want to lose him...

Sarafina
12-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Well, I am new at this site for starters. I havent been to New Lisbon Correctional Institution yet to see my baby Robert. I miss him to death. Him and another cell mate transfered to the NLCI from GBCI few months ago. I haven't seen my baby since Feb./March 2006. We are engaged...he has a daughter with another women...But i love them both...I came to this site because I needed the address to NLCI so i can find how to get there....All I know is its a three hour drive for me. So, good thing I work 3rd shift, and I have set days off so I can go see him then...God, I am just missing my man soo much...Hes got til year 2013 :( I am nervus to go to the NLCI though...But, I am hoping to finally go this month before christmas...surprise visit for him...and for some reason, he cant call me anymore cause its blocked....but my phone company dont have him blocked...so I have no idea whats with that, so i guess our letters will do for now...i miss his voice, touch sooo very much tough...and if your wondering why its been so long since I have seen my man...Because I been working alot of hours and picking up shifts so I can support myself, help pay off his fines, plus send money into him so he has money to live off of til he gets education done in there, then he can get job in there...

So, after reading everything on here, I am so happy that I am not the only one going through this hard time of missing my angel in my life. As hard as it is, I am still here, and still fighting for him, I love him to death, and I never want to lose him...

Welcome to PTO! Glad you found us! :)

Coco_Joes_girl
07-26-2007, 07:07 PM
hey girls my name is coco and i am new to this site ... my fiance was transfered to new lisbon in 2006 and i still havnt been out there to see him .. i miss the love of my life.. he has 3 kids and i love them with all my heart .. he has been in prison for 6 yrs and only has 2 1/2 more to go... i cant wait!people always question our realationship because of the age difference but you cant help who you fall in love with.. ya kno? i would love to talk to yall since you know wat im goin through . its very hard to deal with.... so if you need somone to talk to ... go ahead and talk... i will be here.. and if you have any questions i would love to answer them...

Carters_girl
07-27-2007, 02:20 AM
Just thought i would stop by and say hi again. I havent been able to go see Bobby yet, but I am working on it. Just being busy with helping him out, and working three jobs u just dont have time. But i do talk with him on the phone again. Finally the prison fixed there phone issue. Im telling you, I miss my baby sooo much. Cant wait til he is out and we are finally married and together and can start having children together. Things have been up and down for bobby and I since my last post in decemeber. But every relationship does. But we are doing great....well as good as its going to get!

But reason I am back to post another post here is because his cell mate ghost aka Lonnelle London needs help with finding him mom. Lonnelle is at the NLCI with my husband Bobby Carter. He is 33 years old birthday is feb. 3rd...he hasnt been in touch with anyone in couple of years. He is african american tall, athletic, shaved head, glasses, and org. from IL.

Also, Lonnelle is looking for someone to write him. SO if anyone is interested in writting Ghost. Here is the info.

Lonnelle London #279027
New Lisbon Correctional Institution
P.O Box 4000
New Lisbon, WI 53950

Also I did a profile voting thing for him on bangme.net its not as bad as you think it is. lol But if you want to see what My husbands friend Lonnelle looks like go to bangme.net and search for the user name ghost2006

SummerRae
07-27-2007, 10:11 PM
welcome coco joes girl and carters girl

Ebveda
05-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi! My finace was just moved to new lisbon. It took six months after he was sentanced to get any where but hes there. I was wondering if theres any one out there that could give me any info on this prison. I really want to know that he'll be safe there. Or if anyone could tell me about any classes or things that they can do to pass the time that would be nice. I'm nervous about going to visit too. Any info would be helpful!! Thanks!

mrsdeterville18
07-01-2009, 04:45 PM
my fiance has been in New Lisbon Correctional since october of 2008. We want to get married in there...but we need to have pre marital counseling for at least six months. Does anyone know where i can find a premarital counselor? I cant find one anywhere.. please help me.

jenny2012
09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
My boyfriend just got transferred To New Lisbon from Dodge, and I sent in the form to request visiting. I was wondering how long it takes for them to approve your form? I was hoping to go by this Friday or this Wednesday.

keno722
01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm from Kenosha, and my fiance is in NLCI. I've been there once so far to visit him. I'm unemployed so it's real hard getting the money together for gas. Anyway, we want to get married, but the six month premarital class sucks. They offer it there, but you have to make your appointments once a month, and you can't miss them, and there is a fee. It's crazy. Ask your man to request info from their social worker. Well, that's about it for me!

keno722
01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
My boyfriend just got transferred To New Lisbon from Dodge, and I sent in the form to request visiting. I was wondering how long it takes for them to approve your form? I was hoping to go by this Friday or this Wednesday.

It usually takes a week. But he'll have to write you to let you know when you're good, as they let him know.

jenny2012
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
It usually takes a week. But he'll have to write you to let you know when you're good, as they let him know.

Thanks, I got approved about a week after like you said. I've been up there a couple times, it's such a long drive though.

katelyn
07-18-2010, 05:46 AM
After reading everyones notes. I guess I feel really bad I have not been able to see my baby since 2008. We write as much as possible. He was transfered to New Lisbon from Waupan. I have not had the means of transportation or the money to go see him. We have a going to be eight year old daughter together and have been engaged since 2003. I have not changed my mind about being Mrs. Castillo. Even though it has been a long time since we last saw each other. I miss him so much, his touch everything. I am just glad that I finally found a place I can talk to other people that are going through the same thing. Thank you.

Siesie617
03-13-2014, 03:00 PM
I went to visit earlier this week the process of going in is nothing to be afraid of. When you first get there you go put your stuff in the locker.Have quarter and don't worry you do get it back when you come get your stuff. They have a change machine there in the lobby in case you don't make it to the bank to withdraw quarters. T

Then you go through the metald detector and you get to take your jacket with you which I thought was great because wisconsin is cold as hell. So they stamp your hand and off you go down this long gated path. You walk in and you show the glow in the dark stamp on your hand under a black light and then you turn around and enter the visiting room

So when you step in you can see the area they take pictures in and maybe five feet from that is the machines with food and snacks and beverages. I think over time though whats in them changes because my love saw there was different stuff since the last time he got a visit. Which had been a few years back.

The tables you sit at are about the same size you would find at a restuarant and they have numbers on them.Usually when you first walk in they assign them to you. I think if its man and women you have to sit across but if its two guys you can sit next to which I thought was odd but I noticed that several people did that.

They do have a nice lil snack bar that has things like cheese cake,pumpkin pie, and garlic bread and then cookies and brownies and such. I thought that was pretty cool. We brought a chocolate brownie cheese cake and it was super rich.

Side that though the CO'S that I came in contact with seemed quite pleasant and the inmate who takes pictures is super nice. I think there are some things you can't do with pictures when it comes to poses which I thought was weird but its like that I guess.