View Full Version : SCI-Camp Hill

CrystalAnn
01-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Does anyone know anything about Camp Hill State prison in Pennsylvania? My fiance will be going there in a few weeks. i just wondered if anyone knew anything about it.
Thanks
Crystal:confused:

CrystalAnn
01-06-2003, 02:23 PM
well I think it's in Pennsylvania?

lulu
01-06-2003, 02:40 PM
I dont know, but hopfully some one here does.....best os wishes

Valerie
01-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Crystal, Welcome to PTO!

Ken
01-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Crystal,

Here is the web page link for the PA Department of Corrections...

http://www.cor.state.pa.us/

OR you can go directly to the page for Camp Hill through this link...

http://www.cor.state.pa.us/camp.html

Hope this helps...

If you have specific questions other than what this site will provide please post them back here and hopefully someone will have an answer...

CrystalAnn
01-06-2003, 10:01 PM
thank u so very much teb, i really appreciate it :-)
Crystal

Ken
01-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Crystal,

Happy to help - please come back if you have any other questions!

mccs
07-23-2003, 11:15 AM
Thank you everyone for your help. Todays update at the site was able to find number, they assigned a new one with letters. Thanks again..

agway
08-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Camp Hill is what they call a classification center, most inmates are moved within a few months to where they will serve out thier sentence. My son was there for 2 months and is now in SCI Huntingdon. Anyway the visits are 5 a month, 4 hours tops, you get a hug and kiss, hold hands, you get to sit together, its not bad. You can bring change and ones up to $20 or 30 and they have vending machines with snacks, sodas etc. My son said the food was good and enough to eat. The biggest rip off in the PA state prison system is that they take 20% of any money you send in for them to get stuff. You can send a newspaper subscription from your local paper, any books etc have to be sent from the store, you go to barnes $ noble (or any book store} pick out what you want go pay and have all the info, inmate # address etc and they will ship it, small charge. My son was in Lancaster county before camp hill and camp hill is a picnic in comparison. I like to go on line and print out funny stuff, sports etc, my son enjoys! They make you get your GED if no diploma which is good, my son sent me his when he passed, I was proud! Hang in there and send letters that are up beat and positve!

Johnsbaby
10-15-2003, 07:38 AM
I just called Camp Hill to ask for the record department and was told they are in Lock DOwn status and cannot transfer any calls. Its 9:30 am on Wednesday morning what would cause them to have lock down at this time of the day?
tammy

4MyJoe
10-15-2003, 08:50 AM
Maybe there have been too many fights, that's usually when they lock down Joe's facility. When we had the hurricane they were also locked down too.

But it could be anything.

MJ

jenpalmer71
10-07-2004, 06:56 PM
SCI-Camp Hill
P.O. Box 8837 (staff)
P.O. Box 200 (inmates)
Camp Hill, PA 17001-4531
(717)737-4531

Opened in 1941, SCI-Camp Hill serves as the state's diagnostic and classification center for male offenders.

Key Staff
Donald L. Kelchner, Superintendent

Jeffrey Ditty, Deputy Superintendent for Diagnostic Services

David E. Patton, Deputy Superintendent for Centralized Services

Eugene Brannigan, Deputy Superintendent for Facilities Management

Robert Gimble, Business Manager

Ian W. Taggart, Superintendent's Assistant

SUPERIOR
12-01-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm Turning Myself In On December 7 2004 I Was Wondering If I Will Serve My Full Sentence There Or I Will Be Classified And Then Moved If Possible Please Reply Asap

SUPERIOR
12-02-2004, 11:49 AM
I Thought camp hill was a federal prison.My Boyfriend was just told he was going to a federal prison camp in pennsylvania located in lewisburg.
His crime was a federal crime so i figure he would be doing federal time.
Contact me back if you have any info on this situation it would hep.

lab102
12-03-2004, 05:49 PM
My bf is currently at Camp Hill waiting to be classified. I've been to visit three times. The visits are pretty laid back. I've never had a problem. It's much better than the county prison where I live, visiting that place was a nightmare. Go to the website that is listed in an earlier post, you will find all the info you will need.
Good Luck

pcrazy4a
12-04-2004, 07:58 PM
my brother was moved to camp hill on 11-28-04 and we have not been able to have any contact with him since. we are a very tight family and not being able to find out if he is ok is killing us. is there any thing i can do to make contact with him or is there a time that he has to waite befor he has phone privalages? any info appreciated.

bethbupp
12-05-2004, 04:52 AM
my brother was moved to camp hill on 11-28-04 and we have not been able to have any contact with him since. we are a very tight family and not being able to find out if he is ok is killing us. is there any thing i can do to make contact with him or is there a time that he has to waite befor he has phone privalages? any info appreciated. Your brother has to submit a form to his counselor, listing all the phone numbers that he wants to be able to call. It took about a week and a half or two weeks for my son's form to be approved, and the numbers entered into the computerized system as ones that he was allowed to call. The other thing that you need to think about is how he will be paying for the call. If you want him to call collect, you need to sign up with the company that runs the phone. I'm sorry I don't have the number any more, but if you call Camp Hill (or whichever state prison is closest to you) and ask for the inmate phone person, they can tell you. If you would prefer for him to purchase prepaid phone cards in commissary, you need to send a money order to his account. My son usually buys the $50 ones, but I know there is a smaller increment also. In the meantime, you can write to him. And if you get really worried, you can try calling his counselor to ask. Some are friendlier than others (just like anyone else in the world).

pcrazy4a
12-08-2004, 01:48 PM
thanks for the info, much appreciated

snowglobe
12-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Hi CrystalAnn
I just got a call from my son about an hour ago. He said he is being sent to Camp Hill tomorrow or Wednesday. I know they have to submit a visitor and phone list. I had heard from others that visiting list can take up to 6 weeks to get approved. So will be waiting for that.
I also read somewhere that they are not allowed contact the first 10 days.
I typed (SCI camphill) into google search and came up with different sites. That is how I found this forum.
Take care
P.S. He already gave me his address so I'm getting a letter out tonight. His birthday was in Nov. and we sent him so many cards and pics it was funny. I celebrated birthday week (2-3 cards a day for a week) He got a big kick out of it.

RachelKaren
01-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I Thought camp hill was a federal prison.My Boyfriend was just told he was going to a federal prison camp in pennsylvania located in lewisburg.
His crime was a federal crime so i figure he would be doing federal time.
Contact me back if you have any info on this situation it would hep.

Camp Hill is a state prison, not federal. I'm not sure what what the name of the prison your boyfriend is in but if you try the federal forum someone there should be able to help you. Good luck!

Lexi88
03-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Please help, my boyfriend is being transfer from SCI-Green to SCI- Camp Hill and his family and I dont know what is going on or what to do at all. He called us once from Greene but it wasnt the most informative phone call, we keep trying to look online but there really isnt anything that give us information on what we should do for him or what we should expect. If any one can give me anything I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

MrsBenji
03-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Lexi,
Welcome to PTO. I don't have any info on facilities in PA, but I am sure that someone will come along soon who can help answer your questions. Keep looking through the PA forums and I am sure you will find some info about those facilities and what you can send him.
Glad you joined us.
Jenn

Zewskislady
03-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Please help, my boyfriend is being transfer from SCI-Green to SCI- Camp Hill and his family and I dont know what is going on or what to do at all. He called us once from Greene but it wasnt the most informative phone call, we keep trying to look online but there really isnt anything that give us information on what we should do for him or what we should expect. If any one can give me anything I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Lexi88..... There has been alot of movement in the Pa. prisons lately with the closing of a few prisons and the opening of others. Transfers have been pretty common here recently while some of the inmates are getting assigned to new prisons. I am sure once he gets to Camp Hill and is able to get you all some information he will. You could also try to call SCI Camp Hill and ask them questions about what you need answers to. They may or may not help you, alot of times they say it is up to the inmate to inform family members of certain things, however, sometimes they will help you out with what answers they can.

RachelKaren
03-01-2005, 09:24 PM
Lexi,
Welcome to PTO. I'm sure all this is scary and confusing for you. You'll find a lot of support and great info here. My boyfriend is in Camp Hill so PM me with any ?'s you might have if you want to. I'll do my best to answer them for you or direct you to some one who can. Good luck sweetie!

MariaE
07-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know anything about Camp Hill State prison in Pennsylvania? My fiance will be going there in a few weeks. i just wondered if anyone knew anything about it.
Thanks

My boyfriend has been in camp hill for a few mths now. what do you need to know? my email address is e-mail address removed per PTO Rules and Policies . im new at this site i was trying to find out the web page for the prison and came across this site. so let me know what you need info. on ok
Maria

6 yrs gone
07-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks
Crystal:confused:I spent about 3 months in CH in 1998 for classification. I can give you some advice to pass on to your fiance. The staff of CH has a very low tolerance toward anything even approaching nonconformity. Many of the staff still remains from the riots of 89 and its evident in all of them. They almost always act first and ask questions later. I'd advise your fiance to not let them get to him since he'll probably only be there for a short time. Getting into trouble in CH can really delay classification and only lengthen his stat at one of the most miserable facilities in the state. Even my visitors commented on the different attitude of the staff. Just hang in both of you its a short stay and will make adjustment to his home jail even easier.

WillReese
07-10-2005, 11:29 AM
My husband is at Camp Hill...I will be seeing him for the first time this Friday....Can anyone give me any info on visitation? How long is it? How are table assigned? What the procedure is? What clothing is allowed? What is the procedure on vending machines?....anything you can give would really help....

I plan to arrive as soon as visitation starts...just want to be prepared...

grannynut
07-24-2005, 09:38 AM
HI Everyone,

Bet smart about the phoning. Call your local sever first I have Bell South, They can explain everthing to you. Don't use/buy into this fly by night things on this site. You should be able to accept collect calls from you love one if you have any type of phone service in your area. If you don't then send you love one money so thy can buy a phone card. For those of you who live close or in State you bills won't be that bad, For those of use who live out of state like me/Louisiana its higher. What can i say. They are hurting the families of the loved ones more because of the cost to keep up with them. Letters and books good. Write everyday if you can. Pennys has a nice web site were you can order things. you just put in the SCI were they are and a list will come up. However Camp Hill doesn't have much in fact Pa is low on the list if you ask me. I went and looked at some of the other states lists. Anyway my son tells me i still can order these things unless they don't have it on the list there. What ever. I gave up with and just send him money. If they don't have paper which my son doesn't alot. I type everything and leave the backs blank so he can write on them. It has worked out pretty good and saves his money for other things. They give them so many a month free. If you are going to go and visist try to go during the week. And for God sake go early. Be there when the doors open. You can go to the SCI web site and get times\map and infor you need for the trip. Dress nice so they won't turn you away. You can take only change so take alot.20.00 worth will do. My son is doing good there. Yes PA is big on education/which is good. However my osn is only going to be there acouple more months then it is on to Boot Camp. Hewould haveliked toi work/school but isn't going to be there long enough to get classified to do these things. Good Luck to All of you.

philomom
09-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Can anyone help , My friends husband was in camp hill for 2/1/2 months being classified and today we went to see him and was not allowed , they said no visits he was being "classified" does that mean he is moving to his home prison and if so when is the next time she will hear from him she is pretty upset I would appreciate any help anyone can give , thanks - Sue

bethbupp
10-24-2005, 04:03 AM
Hi folks! I just have a question. There is a new guy at my work who has announced to one and all that he just got released from Camp Hill. Well, I have a soft spot for anyone who has been involved with the system, so I tried to be friendly. This guy claims that he was kept locked down 23 hours a day, for his entire sentence (maxed out a 3 to 5) because he was a violent offender. I said something about him having been in the hole & he said that no, he wasn't in the hole -- that Camp Hill just has a unit for violent offenders that they keep locked down. My internal reaction was that if he only had 3 to 5, then he wasn't that darn violent, and that my son is a "violent offender" who has been in for 9 1/2 years now, and he's never been kept locked down except for misconducts or institutional searches. Does anyone know if there is such a unit at Camp Hill, or is this guy blowing smoke? He does seem to have a bad case of short-timer's attitude, if you know what I mean. Thanks for any input!

Zewskislady
10-26-2005, 04:36 PM
I would just listen to what he has to say, and not try and provoke him into any type of an argument.... Saying even the smallest of anything to contraindicate what he has said to you might make him think you are calling him a liar or something.... Id just nod and shake my head. As for being a violent offender, there are MANY crimes that can be quite violent but the laws and sentencing guidelines are low for them.... Consider this... There is a man that was sentenced to only 15 years in prison when he attacked and stabbed to death his wife in a bar full of people..... Many witnesses, and alot of premeditation there... yet he got off with "manslaughter" when it was clearly 1st degree murder.... Now figure that out.... This happened in Ohio. Sad but true... my point is, violence cant really be measured by the time the person has received at times. I wouldnt provoke him, Id just listen to his stories......

vega norberta
10-28-2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks
Crystal:confused:how do we wite so that we can talk on this my dad is going to camp hill and i need to know about this place:confused:

vega norberta
10-28-2005, 09:12 AM
my dad is going to camp hill in a couple of days and i need to know some things about this place

vega norberta
10-28-2005, 09:22 AM
hi my dad is going to camp hill and i dont know anything about that place i am very scare for him this is his frist time in any problems he is in for a DUI if anyone knows anything about this please write to me at sexy_sponge_mama@yahoo.com if anyone has someone doing time in camp hill for DUI please let me know how things go please

Darlenesscared
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
If anyone has info to share about experiences with or a loved one in Camp Hill PA I would appreciate it. My Husband is on his way there by Dec 21, 22, or around then. I MISS him as much as I did when my oldest son was in Iraq and probably more (I didn't want the same kind of embrace as I need from my Hubby). Also I am just as worried about what will happen to my Husband as I was about my son. PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Maybe it could help other women out there with the same fears.
Thanks,
Mouse http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.gif :cry:

aprillynn
12-16-2005, 08:03 PM
I know how you feel my boyfriend just got sent to camp hill. He is still being classified. When he gets up there he is only allowed to make one call and i think it is for only 3 minutes. If i am wrong someone please correct me....He went up on Dec. 2 and we had our first call today and it seemed like it took forere. He will get on a block about 10 days after he is there and then he will put a list in to make calls and they are 15 minutes every 4 days. I am going to have my first visit here on the 21st and I am so nervous.........I hoep eveything works out for you. im not quite sure where mercer is but i like about an hour east of Pittsburgh if you know anyone that wants to share costs on rides back and forth. if you even need anything you can private message me......... take care

April

dallascowgirl78
12-27-2005, 02:04 PM
That is correct the first call is when he gets there and it is only 3 minutes, then for the next 10 days he has no contact with anyone from outside. Once he is on his block he will generate his call list and his visitor list and submit them, this can some times take a little while...Once all that is taken care of he will be able to call every 4 days either collect or he can purchase phone cards from convesary...You need to supply him with the money on his "books" though, and the prison takes 20% of the money you deposit for him. The visits are nice you get up to 4 hours in a huge room with vending machines and tables and chairs...You can take up to like 20 one dollar bills with you to purchase snacks and drinks while you are there. You get to hug and kiss and hold hands and have a nice visit...If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

mrs jessie
12-27-2005, 06:31 PM
oh God Bless everyone here. i dont know anything about threads or posts. I am soooo green to everything. Someone please help me too.my baby is in ASD on state rd in phila. he has been there since Jan of this year. he was granted work release then denied until he(i guess) finishes these anger management programs that he is in there. he said they changed is sentence to state sentence of 17- 46 mths. what does this all mean ? does he have to serve the min 17 mths and will he get outthen. God this has been soooo hard this year. he was on parole and caught a case that was aggravated assault, reduced to simple assault and terrostic threats. what happens from here? Can anyone share some insite.(((HUGS)))) to evr1

mrs jessie
12-27-2005, 06:34 PM
:( oh God Bless everyone here. i dont know anything about threads or posts. I am soooo green to everything, including the prison systems. Someone please help me too.my baby is in ASD on state rd in phila. he has been there since Jan of this year. he was granted work release then denied until he(i guess) finishes these anger management and some other programs that he is in there. he said they changed is sentence to state sentence of 17- 46 mths. what does this all mean ? does he have to serve the min 17 mths and will he get outthen. God this has been soooo hard this year. he was on parole and caught a case that was aggravated assault, reduced to simple assault and terrostic threats. what happens from here? Can anyone share some insite.(((HUGS)))) to evr1

bobble60
01-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi. It's difficult to understand exactly what has happened to your loved one. He was on parole, charged with agg assault, dropped down to simple assault. He initialy expected a county sentence with work release, but received 17-46 months, which is a state sentence, and will be sent upstate to serve it. First, 17-46 months for simple assault is almost the maximum (up to 5 years.) His parole status did him in on the new case. Second, the judge had the option of letting him serve it at the County jail, but with overcrowding forced the move upstate. Third, he must serve 17 months before he can be paroled, and some of the time he has already served will probably count. [He first had to either max-out his old sentence, or be reparoled from it, before his new sentence began to run.] Last, he is eligible for parole after 17 months; the state parole board is not likely to grant it, though. His prior record will (again) be held against him. Sorry I didn't give you any good news. regards, bob.

ANGELGURL
02-07-2006, 08:11 PM
My Son Is Waiting To Go To Camp Hill, Thanks For Info On Phones. Do you Or Anyone Know How Long Before We Can Send Letters Or Get Them. And How CAN I Get His Id Number So I Can Write Him, Can He Give Me It When He Calls For The Three Minutes.

ANGELGURL
02-08-2006, 09:52 PM
does anyone have information on com store at camp hill if so can you post it or give ideas on how to get basics to loved ones there thank you

sunshyne1023
02-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi Angelgurl,

We cannot send any necessities to our loved ones at Camp Hill, they need to buy all of their personal items through the commisary there. You will need to send them money to apply to their "books" so they can purchase the items themselves (they can also purchase calling cards to call you).

You can order newspapers and magazine subscriptions for them, or also get books sent from an actual bookstore.

Hope this helps some,
sunshyne

Coda
07-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Can anyone help with address to send mail to an inmate in Camp Hill?
I have 2 different ones and not sure which to use?
PO Box 8837
Camp Hill, PA 17001-8837 or

PO Box 2000
Camp Hill 17001-0200

shortyncute
07-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Welcome to PTO. 2000 is for inmates the other is for staff.

hnysweetkiss
07-30-2006, 04:42 PM
hello welcome its 200 for inmates just look at camphill on this site they have the address

ISAAC F THOMAS
12-19-2006, 09:00 PM
i did 9yrs there. tell him that as soon as he can try to get a job in the ketchen and ask for the roman brothers. they r good men. if he can find him ask for co maldanado he normally works in the rhu but he does get out to strech his legs every so often he is a christen man who does care for the inmates. also try chaplin velasquez or chaplin smith

keshia
04-02-2007, 12:22 PM
how do i get to sci camp hill from christian street in philly? what exact info do i need to put into mapquest in order to get directions? thanks

KAINZ
04-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Your Addy Than The Addy For Camp Hill 2500 Lisburn Road Camp Hill Pa 17001

keshia
04-02-2007, 12:39 PM
thank u soooo much for the info because i was totally lost on mapquest

keshia
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
i also have another question, what info do i need to have from the inmate in order to be able 2 see him?

tompag
09-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I am looking for information about any construction that may have taken place in the last 40 years. I googled the address, and Camp Hill is not constructed as I remember from 1963. I was in J building. I finished my GED at camp hill, went into the service, went to college 4 years. I am now an electrical engineer with 5 children, and 18 grandchildren.

I know that Camp Hill taught me the lessons I needed to know. At camp hill I worked the the bakery, Assisted the Principle in school, and went to Forest Camp

bethbupp
09-17-2007, 03:58 PM
I don't remember the details, but I know they made some major renovations at Camp Hill after the riot. That would have been -- the 80's, maybe?

gcruz777
02-11-2008, 09:05 AM
Does anyone have a relative at camphill?

jancy
02-22-2008, 01:10 PM
I am sure many folks do at any given time as all males are processed thru camp hill first in the state of PA.
my son used to be there but is no more.

KAINZ
03-10-2008, 03:35 PM
he has to put you on his list he needs your info

dabe
04-26-2008, 09:27 AM
My brother is located there.

sascee02
08-29-2008, 07:09 PM
anyone ever heard of after classification at camp hill it actually becomes their home prison to serve out their term?

maryjane2
08-30-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't know if I really understand the question but if you're asking if they can they be classified to to stay at Camp Hill....then yes. I guess if a bed opens up or whatever than that's where they end up staying.

msonlydabest
08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Yes there is a member here...whose friend.....was at camp hill for classification and then later on it became his home jail and he was moved from classification to a different block

KAINZ
09-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes Camp Hill Can Be A Home Jail!!!!!

hiswife18
01-05-2009, 11:45 AM
can you get marry at camp hill pa prison?

phillymommother
01-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Yes Camp Hill Can Be A Home Jail!!!!!
if they keep you there cause your boot camp eligible has anyone heard good or bad about g block?

SupportingDavid
01-18-2009, 10:26 PM
My fiancee is at sci pitts but I guess will go to camp hill soon for classification. Now will they give him consideration for his brain anurysm and send him to say albion where its more equiped? he is in for life without parole convicted of 1st degree, yes were appealing there was no evidence to show he even touched gun there was no DNA on there but thanks to the jerk judge and da in warren county he was convicted. beware of warren ocunty courts!

jackzgirl21
01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
any know anything about r block and phone privileges??

frilled2b
02-01-2009, 10:31 PM
any know anything about r block and phone privileges??

But they get to call every 4 days after they get there phone list approved. And they get through something like diagnostics. that takes about two weeks. Mark the calender for the call days cause it sucks when you miss a call. My guy either calls around 8 to 8:30 am or if he misses that one its around 6 or 6:30 pm
I hope this helps.

phred44
04-07-2009, 11:56 PM
I got sent to camphill and was in c block for diagnostics then got transfered to f block and worked in there furniture factory for awhile.
The guy that ran the factory If I remember correctly his name was rosenberry or something like that it has been a real long time since then.
I got into electronis school there and learned how to work on tvs and radios my teacher's name was mr. jim miller boy he was crazy. lol he was old as the hills and had a real bad temper. But after my schooling was up he kept me on too help other students that wanted to get into that school. After awhile I got transfered to k block which was called the honor block. That block was great cause they never locked the doors except at night time and you could go to the day room and play cards or ping pong and stuff like that. We use to play poker too. You know they use to call that place gladiator school cause it was for youthful offenders that probably wouldnt make it in prisions like the
"wall"which was located in pittsburgh or that prison in philly graterford or whatever it was called. I only had a couple of scrapes while i was there just hung with a couple of people and did not get involved with the drama and had a pretty easy time while i was there only had a couple of fights and never got tossed into mohawk that was what they called the "hole" there. then i got transfered to sci greensburgh worst place i ever spent time at place smell like bleach. and the inmates were all like short timers all of them had something to prove hated that prison. stayed there not a real long time ended up at mercer regional facillity and eventually got released from there. I heard that there was some kind of riot at sci camphill not long after i got transfered out of there heard some of it burned down mind you if you are reading this i got released from an 8 to 16 year sentence in 1990 so when this happen it happend 19 years ago lol. I met some real good people while i was there I know some of them were serving life sentences. So i hope they are all right. well If you are at sci camphill and you were there in 1984 to to 1988 I probably know you or know someone you may know. If so give me a message

ramblingrose422
05-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks
DearCrystal,
I've been trying to find out also. My son just went there 3 weeks ago.:confused: I know they can call every 4 days collect..I don't think they're allowed out of their cells much
Hope you can get the information you want.

johnswifey08
05-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Camp Hill... sucks.. LOL. When they first get there, they have a 10 day no contact other than writing. They may be able to call when they first get there to somone to just let them know where they are, alot of us didnt get that call. It all depends on the moods of the COs really. Other that he will have to put in a visiting and phone list which usually takes a few weeks to come back approved. In my case I was lucky his vistors list was approved before his phone so it wasnt bad. Then the calls are every 4 days. Only one. Visiting, you have to get there EARLY no matter what day of the week. I usually was there by 830am and still had atleast an hour and half wait. Thats just general any other questions feel free to PM me!! Good luck!

Boopydooda22
05-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Hi,

Its total agony waiting for my man to call. Today is Day 9, cause you know they don't count weekends when they are in classification. I'm waiting patiently, but he has written me a letter a every few days. The best thing to do is support your man and send him some books to read. I've sent my man at least 8 books so far, that will keep his mind occupied. I also sent him a bible, that way he can keep the Lord in his heart and soul. I'm hoping his phone list gets approved soon. I really need to hear his voice.

johnswifey08
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
They dont count weekends? I thought they did. I may be wrong. Patience is key when dealing with classification. We were lucky he was out of Camp Hill within like a month and half. Every sitution is different tho. It will happen and when it does, make sure you set up a schedule so you dont miss his calls. My man always called me at night yard around 7pm so I made sure I was home to get the call, that was before I found out about call forwarding, haha.

Boopydooda22
05-09-2009, 11:11 AM
My baby called me this morning and he is in K block at camphill. I hear that's the honor block. Can anyone tell me about how you find out about knowing if the visitors list is approved? He asked me and said he doesn't know but his phone list was approved and he found out by just calling me. He said they don't tell you anything. So how could I find out. Do I have to call the jail? Please advise. I need to go see my baby.

They dont count weekends? I thought they did. I may be wrong. Patience is key when dealing with classification. We were lucky he was out of Camp Hill within like a month and half. Every sitution is different tho. It will happen and when it does, make sure you set up a schedule so you dont miss his calls. My man always called me at night yard around 7pm so I made sure I was home to get the call, that was before I found out about call forwarding, haha.

Boopydooda22
05-09-2009, 11:17 AM
How do you know when you can visit? My man says they didn't even tell him when his phone list was approved, he just called me and the call went through. Do I have to call the jail? I asked him to try to find out, cause Lord knows how bad I want to see him and If I can go this week, I will be there in a heart beat. Please advise.:angry:

I got sent to camphill and was in c block for diagnostics then got transfered to f block and worked in there furniture factory for awhile.
The guy that ran the factory If I remember correctly his name was rosenberry or something like that it has been a real long time since then.
I got into electronis school there and learned how to work on tvs and radios my teacher's name was mr. jim miller boy he was crazy. lol he was old as the hills and had a real bad temper. But after my schooling was up he kept me on too help other students that wanted to get into that school. After awhile I got transfered to k block which was called the honor block. That block was great cause they never locked the doors except at night time and you could go to the day room and play cards or ping pong and stuff like that. We use to play poker too. You know they use to call that place gladiator school cause it was for youthful offenders that probably wouldnt make it in prisions like the
"wall"which was located in pittsburgh or that prison in philly graterford or whatever it was called. I only had a couple of scrapes while i was there just hung with a couple of people and did not get involved with the drama and had a pretty easy time while i was there only had a couple of fights and never got tossed into mohawk that was what they called the "hole" there. then i got transfered to sci greensburgh worst place i ever spent time at place smell like bleach. and the inmates were all like short timers all of them had something to prove hated that prison. stayed there not a real long time ended up at mercer regional facillity and eventually got released from there. I heard that there was some kind of riot at sci camphill not long after i got transfered out of there heard some of it burned down mind you if you are reading this i got released from an 8 to 16 year sentence in 1990 so when this happen it happend 19 years ago lol. I met some real good people while i was there I know some of them were serving life sentences. So i hope they are all right. well If you are at sci camphill and you were there in 1984 to to 1988 I probably know you or know someone you may know. If so give me a message

Waiting Wife
05-09-2009, 11:46 AM
How do you know when you can visit? My man says they didn't even tell him when his phone list was approved, he just called me and the call went through. Do I have to call the jail? I asked him to try to find out, cause Lord knows how bad I want to see him and If I can go this week, I will be there in a heart beat. Please advise.:angry:

Your best bet would be to call Camp Hill and ask if his visiting list was approved yet, they cant tell you specifically whos on his visiting list but they CAN tell you whether its been approved or not, either ask for the visiting room OR if its Mon - Fri you can try to talk to his counselor. Visiting at Camp Hill is 1pm - 8pm on Wednesday (you have to be there by 7pm latest to get a visit) and Thurs - Sun 9am - 4pm. There is no visiting Mon or Tues. Any other questions you have feel free to PM me.

Boopydooda22
05-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Thanks, I did call and they said his list was approved....:D I'm cheesing all over the place. I'm going to see my baby in a couple of days. I like to go on Thursday so I could drive out early from NY and get back early. Thanks so much for replying back so quickly.

Your best bet would be to call Camp Hill and ask if his visiting list was approved yet, they cant tell you specifically whos on his visiting list but they CAN tell you whether its been approved or not, either ask for the visiting room OR if its Mon - Fri you can try to talk to his counselor. Visiting at Camp Hill is 1pm - 8pm on Wednesday (you have to be there by 7pm latest to get a visit) and Thurs - Sun 9am - 4pm. There is no visiting Mon or Tues. Any other questions you have feel free to PM me.

Waiting Wife
05-11-2009, 06:44 PM
My baby called me this morning and he is in K block at camphill. I hear that's the honor block. Can anyone tell me about how you find out about knowing if the visitors list is approved? He asked me and said he doesn't know but his phone list was approved and he found out by just calling me. He said they don't tell you anything. So how could I find out. Do I have to call the jail? Please advise. I need to go see my baby.

You have to call Camp Hill, they wont tell you whos ON his list but they WILL tell you if its been approved or not. Chances are if his phone list is approved his visiting list is also. Youll need his inmate number to give to them when you call. My hubby is on K block too, A side I believe. I dont know about it being the honor block, he never said anything about that. I'm going to see him on Wednesday, visiting is from 1pm until 8pm, lemme how you make out with finding out if his list has been approved.

Boopydooda22
05-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I called this past saturday, they said its approved. I'm going on Thursday, cause I'm driving from NY to see my baby.

I'll confirm the list again on Wednesday. Just want to make sure.

Thanks, for the advice. Do you know how often they get to make phone calls? The prison phone info says every 7-10 days?

You have to call Camp Hill, they wont tell you whos ON his list but they WILL tell you if its been approved or not. Chances are if his phone list is approved his visiting list is also. Youll need his inmate number to give to them when you call. My hubby is on K block too, A side I believe. I dont know about it being the honor block, he never said anything about that. I'm going to see him on Wednesday, visiting is from 1pm until 8pm, lemme how you make out with finding out if his list has been approved.

Waiting Wife
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I called this past saturday, they said its approved. I'm going on Thursday, cause I'm driving from NY to see my baby.

I'll confirm the list again on Wednesday. Just want to make sure.

Thanks, for the advice. Do you know how often they get to make phone calls? The prison phone info says every 7-10 days?

It's every 4 days....my hubby calls at night usually anywhere between 6pm and 9pm....just depends on how many people are waiting to use the phones. He can either call you collect or buy a phone card, if he calls you collect you might have to set up and account with globaltelink. Their website is www.correctionsgtl.com (http://www.correctionsgtl.com). There's an 800 number listed on the site for new accounts, usually you have to set up an acct with them for inmates to call. Anything else you wanna know get in touch, good luck!

Boopydooda22
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Hey Thanks, I did set up an account.

Well, I'm going to see him in the morning. 3 Hour drive from NYC. Good thing, the officer on the phone asked me my name because I told him I was traveling so far, he said I was good to go. Just wish he could have called me today. Its already almost 10 pm what's the latest they call?:thumbsup:

Waiting Wife
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Hey Thanks, I did set up an account.

Well, I'm going to see him in the morning. 3 Hour drive from NYC. Good thing, the officer on the phone asked me my name because I told him I was traveling so far, he said I was good to go. Just wish he could have called me today. Its already almost 10 pm what's the latest they call?:thumbsup:

It takes me anywhere from 1.5-2hrs to get to Camp Hill from my house depending on the traffic. I usually call every week I go just to make sure hes still there, Id hate to drive all that way just to find out when I get there thats hes been transferred, thank god the officers have been very helpful in that aspect. I think the latest my husband has called me was like 815pm....I think they can use the phone until 830pm-845pmish. You should be OK going tomorrow, I heard Thursday is a good day to go, not too crowded. I hope you have a great visit, lemme know how it goes!

Boopydooda22
05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
:)

Thanks for the advice. I just got back from visiting my man. It was so nice. We had a 5 hour visit. Wow, the time did fly by but we talked with each other the whole time. I will probably go back in 2 weeks to see him, cause It was so much driving. I was the 5th person there so it wasn't that bad for me. Just got wet in the rain on my way to the visiting room. I was so happy to see him and just really enjoyed it. Oh, about the phone, he said the guard didn't let him call until he was in the yard, so he'll call me again this Saturday. Only thing, the seating is horrible, no tables to eat anything, but we made the best of it. Thanks again.

Sunflower762
05-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I am so disgusted with Camp Hill and their procedures. My man asked for permission slips for the kids and was told he didn't need them. Then a couple weeks later told he did need them (no duh). He sent them to me and they were back in the mail the next day! He received a paper saying the requests were in the Guest House for review on May 13, 2009. So I waited and have called several times to see if they were approved yet. Guess what the answer is NO! I was then told it could take a week...and today is May 23rd and still NO! My kids have not seen their dad since he left Montgomery County in March! I understand we need to play by their rules, but come on now. The papers said I had to return the papers w/in 2 weeks or they'd be denied, yet they can wait a month? I don't understand what could take them so long to enter them into the system. I have never been in trouble w/ the law and I'm approved so why aren't my kids? Their ages are 11 & 1. My daughter is even irritated now, but my son doesn't know any better. I loved reading Camp Hills website for the family. They said how it helps the inmate to keep family close to make sure you visit. Well our wonderful system blocks it. He'll be out before the kids get approved. Then the woman hangs up on me! Really....I wish I made their money and had no problem being ignorant! People really piss me off. I'm sorry for the rant, but I lost my job yesterday and my kids miss their dad and so do I. He should be home between June and December and maybe we're praying that Superior throws the whole case out. It is BS 1st violation and he got more time now then origianlly, yet the violation case is sitll open hasn't even been found guilty. They are not innocent until proven guilty --- They are guilty till they can prove theirself innocent.

johnswifey08
05-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Well you have come to the right place to vent :) My man had sent me the visiting form for my son when he first got to Camp Hill that was back in March like the 3rd week I sent it back the following day as well. My son didnt get approved until last week. He is in his home jail and everything already. He had to redo the paper cuz he switched jails. Luckily the jail he is at is very small and they do a very good job in turn around time for papers like that but only after I had called and asked. The CO had the paper to be put into the computer for about 2 weeks and just didnt do it. LAZYYY!! LOL. But when I called and said I was plannin a trip, mind you I drive 4 hours one way he said he was going to do it that day. I have been visiting since he got to Camp Hill and I was approved. Kids usually do take longer, I am not sure why but they have to check backgrounds of the crimes to make sure they are no sex related crimes and what not. Camp Hill itself is nothing but SLOW!! You have to have patience with them and girl I am not one to have it but I am slowly learning to. It is roughhh! Does he call atleast to speak to the kids? Send him as much mail as you can. Pictures, drawings whatever just to make them feel like they are doing something. Its a tough time on everyone involved and I am sure losing your job was not easy. But God wouldnt give you anything he dont think you can handle. They say what doesnt kill us makes us stonger and I am sole believer in that! My thoughts and prayers are with your family.. good luck.

NT4EVER
06-20-2009, 01:25 PM
HELLO PPL IM SO KNEW TO THIS .I DONT KNOW WHERE TO POST THINGS ,SO I HOPE THIS IS SEEN BY SOMEONE THAT CAN B ANY KIND OF ASSISTANCE.ANYWAY I HAVE A LOVED 1 N CAMPHILL AND I'M FROM NYAND I WOULD TRUELY LIKE TO KNOW IF ANY1 HAVE INTO TO ANY KIND OF TRANSPORTATION INFO BESIDES CAR DRIVING I'M REALLY INTERESTED N THE VAN TRANSORTATION ... U KNO THE DOOR 2 DOOR OR ANY INFO ON THAT PERIOD .I WOULD TRUELY APPRECIATE ANY1'S HELP PLZ GET BAC TO ME U ASAP, CAN PRIVATE MESSAGE ME BECAUSE I DNT KNO HOW TO OPERATE THIS WEBSITE YET....
THANK U
TO ANY1 WHO REACHES OUT
HIS WIFEY:)
Tags:

MushyMoo
06-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Camp Hill is a maximum security prison, also where inmates are sent for classification. My boyfriend was there for over 3 months. He said and I'll say it honestly, if you could picture hell, Camp Hill is what it would be. The guards there are horrible and he says they try to demean and disrespect you in any and every way. I know you don't want to hear this, just like I don't!, but it is not a nice place at all.

B&E_Always
07-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have a loved one in Camphill?? My boyfriend has been there for two weeks already and he hasn't called me yet. I have just recieved letters from him. When can I see him???:(

yeswecan
07-13-2009, 04:17 PM
I am so disgusted with Camp Hill and their procedures. My man asked for permission slips for the kids and was told he didn't need them. Then a couple weeks later told he did need them (no duh). He sent them to me and they were back in the mail the next day! He received a paper saying the requests were in the Guest House for review on May 13, 2009. So I waited and have called several times to see if they were approved yet. Guess what the answer is NO! I was then told it could take a week...and today is May 23rd and still NO! My kids have not seen their dad since he left Montgomery County in March! I understand we need to play by their rules, but come on now. The papers said I had to return the papers w/in 2 weeks or they'd be denied, yet they can wait a month? I don't understand what could take them so long to enter them into the system. I have never been in trouble w/ the law and I'm approved so why aren't my kids? Their ages are 11 & 1. My daughter is even irritated now, but my son doesn't know any better. I loved reading Camp Hills website for the family. They said how it helps the inmate to keep family close to make sure you visit. Well our wonderful system blocks it. He'll be out before the kids get approved. Then the woman hangs up on me! Really....I wish I made their money and had no problem being ignorant! People really piss me off. I'm sorry for the rant, but I lost my job yesterday and my kids miss their dad and so do I. He should be home between June and December and maybe we're praying that Superior throws the whole case out. It is BS 1st violation and he got more time now then origianlly, yet the violation case is sitll open hasn't even been found guilty. They are not innocent until proven guilty --- They are guilty till they can prove theirself innocent.

Yeah, I grew up with a respect for authority and really believed that the system was interested in finding the guilty party in a crime... Ha ha ha (the sound of hysterical laughing). I'm not saying that our son is innocent but I wish I didn't know the things about the police/justice system that I know now. Anyways, our son got to Camp Hill June 29. We know from his last letter dated 7/10 that he hasn't gotten any mail yet. He hasn't been able to call us. He doesn't know we put money in his account for him. Our daughter called today and spoke to the mail room. They were nice but they said they are backed up several weeks. She called his counselor who really did not care. He said that it takes several weeks at the least to start processing visitor lists, etc because "business is good". He sounded like a real peach.
well, it is good to vent. Thanks, Beth

johnswifey08
07-13-2009, 04:23 PM
I have to say Camp Hill has def changed since my man was there in March til the middle of April. THEY ARE OVER PACKED!! So except alot of delays with mail, lists etc. They have more inmates there than any other jail because thats where everyone gets classified. Buses of more than 20-25 guys get dropped off at my mans jail every couple weeks. They never used to have more than like 10 at a time. I understand how everyone feels not speaking to a loved one, but make sure you keep sendin the mail and even if they dont get it right away they know you are thinking of them. It does get better 90% of the time when they go to their home jail. There are a few exceptions but for the most part. Good Luck with everything. Be patient.. funny how patience is learned.. haha

laurenrenee
07-21-2009, 08:14 PM
my boyfriend was there. he just left a week ago. i was told when he got there i had to wait 10 days before i could visit. i would def call and check on that though and see what they tell you. i was going up there every weekend for almost 4 months. if you have any other questions PM me and i will try my best to help! good luck!!

yeswecan
07-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Does anyone have a loved one in Camphill?? My boyfriend has been there for two weeks already and he hasn't called me yet. I have just recieved letters from him. When can I see him???:(

Our son is at Camp Hill. He was moved there for classification on June 29. On July 10 he finally got the first letter we wrote to him on June 26. We had called the mail room (something that I learned I could do from this site) and they said they were understaffed and really backed up. They were nice and I don't think they were just messing with him or anything because if you think about it -there are probably just a couple people in the mailroom and they have to open and read all the mail. He still hasn't got his calling and visiting lists approved. The last letter we got he was hoping to be able to call us by next week. My daughter called his counselor about him needing to see a doctor and some other stuff. He was really a jerk and he obviously couldn't have cared less. He said "business is good" - I guess a reference to how over-crowded they are. Anyways, you have to be patient. I know that's not what you want to hear but remember that how ever hard it seems to us it is worse for them. It isn't that he doesn't want to call you, it is just that everything takes a verrryyy long time to get done there. Bets wishes,
Beth

concealedpain09
07-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi everyone... My cousin was just transferred to Camp Hill the other day... We haven't heard from him yet and was wondering other ways that we can get in contact with him... I know there is usually a 10 day period that you can not talk to an inmate when they first get to the prison... but I was on a website and it says that you can e-mail an inmate and they print it out and give it to them... Has anyone tried this? and if so, where could I find the e-mail address to send it to? Thank you to anyone that has any answers.

wondering2
07-27-2009, 04:07 PM
Yes, that is true, you can email and send moneyto inmate thru the JPAY website. You will have to register and pay for the "stamps" to email, but the emails get there within 48 hours. A lot faster than the mail.. I live 1.5 hrs away and it takes about a week to get one letter. Go Figure.

Hi everyone... My cousin was just transferred to Camp Hill the other day... We haven't heard from him yet and was wondering other ways that we can get in contact with him... I know there is usually a 10 day period that you can not talk to an inmate when they first get to the prison... but I was on a website and it says that you can e-mail an inmate and they print it out and give it to them... Has anyone tried this? and if so, where could I find the e-mail address to send it to? Thank you to anyone that has any answers.

B&E_Always
07-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Our son is at Camp Hill. He was moved there for classification on June 29. On July 10 he finally got the first letter we wrote to him on June 26. We had called the mail room (something that I learned I could do from this site) and they said they were understaffed and really backed up. They were nice and I don't think they were just messing with him or anything because if you think about it -there are probably just a couple people in the mailroom and they have to open and read all the mail. He still hasn't got his calling and visiting lists approved. The last letter we got he was hoping to be able to call us by next week. My daughter called his counselor about him needing to see a doctor and some other stuff. He was really a jerk and he obviously couldn't have cared less. He said "business is good" - I guess a reference to how over-crowded they are. Anyways, you have to be patient. I know that's not what you want to hear but remember that how ever hard it seems to us it is worse for them. It isn't that he doesn't want to call you, it is just that everything takes a verrryyy long time to get done there. Bets wishes,
Beth

Thank you so much!! I have already received phone calls from my hubby. I went to visit him twice already also. Now I know why we received each others letters late. He has been in Camphill for about 6 weeks already. I wish I could visit him more but its a two hour drive and once a week visit. Sux.

concealedpain09
07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Yes, that is true, you can email and send moneyto inmate thru the JPAY website. You will have to register and pay for the "stamps" to email, but the emails get there within 48 hours. A lot faster than the mail.. I live 1.5 hrs away and it takes about a week to get one letter. Go Figure.

I actually ended up staying up til like 5am that night and figured it all out. thanks for the response. :-D yea I live 3 and a half hours away from Camp Hill and figured that would be a lot easier of a way to get things to him... even if I don't hear back from him for a while... But I just wanted to make sure that it all actually worked before I paid for anything... Thanks for your help. :-D

jasmgs
08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
i just recieved a letter from my man today..he was being relocated to camp hill from pittsburgh...we still are WAITING on his appeal date in mckean...

so if anyone is visiting camp hill be sure to send an extra kiss in the air for him cause its far to do so from texas ..

kennyswife
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
OMG, I wouldn't even be able to handle being that far away from my man. He's 350 miles from home, they sent him to Pittsburgh. Camp Hill was much closer, but I'm kinda glad they moved him from what everyone is saying...about how crowded it is. I have only seen my husband once since he's been in Pittsburgh and he's been there since June 3rd, he won't graduate the SIP program until December 3rd. Hopefully it goes quickly.

jasmgs
09-06-2009, 06:40 PM
thanks its hard from time to time being that far apart. we write alot & have a phone calls every four days. our letters take 4 days in the mail as well.

he just told me he has to do some kind of therapy sessions for sum reason. i am looking into finding out more info on that from this site hopefully.

take care

Cactus
10-15-2009, 06:09 AM
I know it must be difficult, but at least you are in good company here in PTO.

HoldinHimDown13
01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
my fiancée was transferred to camp hill dec.30th. and his phone nor visitor list were approved yet. I called and talked to his counselor and he said it would be 2-3 weeks before it was approved? ( is that normal for it to take so long ?) Also he is located in K-Block does anyone know of someone who was located there? We have a 2 1/2 month old son and he has to look at his daddy through a picture...its so hard being a single NEW mother at 22.WE MISS HIM SOO MUCH!

~I CAN WAIT A {THREE} YEARS FOR SOMETHING THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME~

marcusbelle
01-11-2010, 03:43 PM
My husband just got his phone and visit list approved from camp hill and it took about a month. So that's about right. I know that they have to fill out a form for the children to be able to go up there, but I'm not sure how that works. My husband finally was able to call and let me know the visitor list was approved - I forgot to ask him about the kids. I'm sure someone on here knows though :)

christik999
01-17-2010, 08:57 AM
he can add them to the visitors list but they are not approved till you get a children waiver filled out for each child. and be prepared it takes time . he needs to get them from his counselor which im sure he hasnt even met yet @@ then they have to be mailed to you , you back to the counselor then they notify him who can call mail you , but this all takes time and lots of it my husband was in camp hill almost 3 months and was moved right before they were approved then we had to restart the process in another jail. as it is my kids have been approved a couple of weeks but havent seen there dad due to weather yet , in fact we were going today but ice warning stopped us . anyway he hasd been in the new jail since nov and we started kid papers asap. good luck

sonnersgirl
03-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know how fast they move on parole in Camp Hill. His one year minimum is up June 2nd, so doesnt that mean as soon as they move him up there (sometime in the next two weeks, from the county prison) that he can contact parole to get released on his minimum date???? Please help me ladies!!!

rhondalou
05-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes to classify after arrival at Camphill? I have heard there is a 10 day isolation period, then a 2-3 week wait for visiting lists to get approved, and what happens after that? My son will be transferred from Graterford in a few more weeks and this is his first time at Camphill, so I need a little information to keep track of him. Does anyone know how to get connected to direct calling? My son tried to call me collect and was not successful. We are not so concerned about Graterford because he is being transferred, but they claimed calling cards could be purchased through commissary. Is there another way for direct calling from Camphill or must they get calling cards there as well?

Thanks to anyone that can provide information.:)

1Mz Bossy
05-04-2010, 04:51 AM
Ugh! My MAN is at CampHill 2! The drive for me is 2hrs as well. It's dreadful the WHOLE way for visits BECAUSE ya NVER KNOW if they find something you're wearing WRONG. Forget about WANTING to KISS HIS FACE OFF, they have a STROKE with anything EVEN if they think ya flashed some skin while you were SIMPLY SCRATCHING. I'm GOING this Saturday, but NOT real EXCITED. I just got some CRAZY NEWS that I NEVER thought I would HERE about MY MAN. I'm a LIL sic with it too. GO TO THE JPay page ladies! The women there are GREAT! Emesseges ARE A LIFE SAVER, and there is not too much drama. It's MILD if it happens. I WAS SICKENED by some of the HATE I READ on this SITE. UNBELEIVABLE! Anyway. I am here in Scranton, Pa! My fiance is lookin at 7-18yrs with a possible appeal in 2. GREAT! We just barely scratched the surface being he got booked in January. This is GONNA be a HARD and TRYING road. Ladies, this site is for us AND our LOVED ONES. We can try to support and keep each other strong. Tho all our situations MAY BE DIFFERENT, we still started off with something similiar in common. There is a reason WHY we are on this site and I only hope it can benefit us. It may just end up as some really good friendships REGARDLESS it is ONLINE. if you got a bu in CampHill, I will BLOWW KISSES in the AIR for you FOR THEM! I PROMISE! MwahZ!

banksbaby
06-15-2010, 10:06 PM
do any one know of any bus or vans that gos to camp hill from philly

terrancewifey
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
245 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107-1505
(215) 563-5423

bobble60
07-05-2010, 06:37 AM
You can visit the Pennsylvania Prison Society website and view the page on transportation services at:

http://www.prisonsociety.org/progs/ifs_fts.shtml

Call, e-mail or visit the office to make reservations.

KIMinPA
07-11-2010, 10:57 PM
I cant figure out how to delete this message to put it elsewhere lol. but after I posted I realized that the original was dated July 2009 not July 2010. But I still welcome some replies......HI I see that you already got some answers from others but thought I would share with you also. My fiance was transferred to Camp Hill from Lebanon County on June 10th. It took me over 2 weeks to get a letter. You never realize how much a letter means until you are in that situation. I had it ripped open in no time. :) He told me he was waiting for his pin number so he could call me. Well here it is going on 5 weeks and I have yet to receive another letter or a phone call. He never even got the call that they all are supposed to receive upon being transferred. It is very frustrating. Because we are both at the mercy of the system. I am freaking out ofcourse because I just want to hear his voice. And I had read the postings on here before he went to camp hill and I was expecting it not to be the 10 days or 14 days til I got a call but over a month is just a little crazy if you ask me. But I use the JPAY system, and I write him faithfully. Atleast I know he is having contact with the outside world and as rough as it is on me right now I keep telling myself it is even rougher on him. And I dont understand why I havent gotten another letter or a phone call yet but I know that all of this is out of his control right now. And all I can do is keep waiting for that call or another letter. And to those already getting calls and or visits, do they approve the visitors list the same time they approve the phone list? But keep your chin up and I find that when I get really sad or frustrated I come on here and you can always find someone who truly understands how you feel. Because my friends dont get it. And I wouldnt get it either if I didnt have someone in prison. But its comforting to know that we are not alone. Take care. Hi everyone... My cousin was just transferred to Camp Hill the other day... We haven't heard from him yet and was wondering other ways that we can get in contact with him... I know there is usually a 10 day period that you can not talk to an inmate when they first get to the prison... but I was on a website and it says that you can e-mail an inmate and they print it out and give it to them... Has anyone tried this? and if so, where could I find the e-mail address to send it to? Thank you to anyone that has any answers.

3yellowtulips
01-23-2011, 08:46 AM
My SO got transferred to Camp Hill last week for classification. He called his parents to let them know he's there but I've yet to hear from him. Can anyone confirm for me that the letters sent thru jpay get to their loved ones? I've sent letters via snail mail and will continue to do so but would like assurance that they are getting to him...one way or another. From what i've read, we have to wait for him to call to find out if we're approved to visit? We live about 3.5hrs away so going up to find out we can't see him isn't something i can bear right now. Any insight is greatly appreciated it...this is brand new to me.

3yellowtulips
01-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Crystal~
My SO was just transferred to Camp Hill last week for classification. I've yet to hear from him but he did call his parents. It's in central PA outside of Harrisburg.

Thanks

jnelli621
04-19-2011, 07:35 PM
can someone please tell me how to get jpay to send letters? i have an account setup from when my boyfriend was upstate previously but its only showing me that i can send money. help please!

jpalmer1959
04-19-2011, 09:15 PM
You have to purchase online stamps..i think its 20 for $5 and they last for 30 days. When you are on the JPay homepage there should be something that says send mail. send money now.....send mail now.....veiw forum shpuld be your options. They get the email w/ in 24-48 hours. Check your homepage again and let me know.

jpalmer1959
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
You have to purchase online stamps..i think its 20 for $5 and they last for 30 days. When you are on the JPay homepage there should be something that says send mail. send money now.....send mail now.....veiw forum shpuld be your options. They get the email w/ in 24-48 hours. Check your homepage again and let me know.

jpalmer1959
04-19-2011, 09:18 PM

jpalmer1959
04-19-2011, 09:18 PM
can someone please tell me how to get jpay to send letters? i have an account setup from when my boyfriend was upstate previously but its only showing me that i can send money. help please!

stepansiri
05-08-2011, 01:14 PM

@jnelli621 - If JPay is not showing up other services like mail, emessage; may be that particular facilty does not have those services. Call jpay @ 800-574-5729 and try to talk an agent.
I recently setup an account for my boyfriend and it allowed me to send him mail. He is at SCI-Graterford.

stepansiri
05-12-2011, 10:40 AM
My BF is transferred to Camp Hill Prison today. Do anyone have their loved ones at CampHill?

Mommaduke
05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
My BF is transferred to Camp Hill Prison today. Do anyone have their loved ones at CampHill?

I believe my son went there today as well..from Graterford. His locator says that's where he is. I hate this not knowing, I'm assuming I should start sending his mail there. I wish he would call but it looks like that will be a couple more weeks from everything I've read here.

taterdog
05-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks
Sorry I can't help you on that. My son too will be going to Camp Hill State prison in PA also in a couple weeks give or take. Pls let me know of any info you have and I will do the same.

stevesmom66
05-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone:) My son went from Butler County Prison, he left on April 7th, they took him to SCI Pittsburgh for whatever medical and such related reasons they do. I believe that men from the western side of the state go to SCI Pittsburgh and those from the Eastern side go to Graterford, anyways He went to Pittsburgh on a Thursday, the followin Tuesday he was sent to Camp Hill. I have recieved many letters from him, but as of yet no phone calls. How ever I did not set up an account with global tel link for him to call collect, I sent him money to buy a phone card. It takes a few weeks for their phone and visitors list to be approved and for them to even be able to order commissary. From what he writes me, they only get an opprotunity every 4 days to use a phone there.
Make SURE he has exact names and address for anyone he wants on his visiting list. He made his list and submitted it, but, he did not know if my daughter had given her youngest child her last name or the baby's fathers last name, due to this lack of info, the "whole" list was denied, so we have to wait another 20 days or so. I hear Camp Hill is probably the worst stop on this journey, so chin up folks, hopefully it gets better from here. If I can help in any way please don't hesitate to contact :) Have a great day:)

tearfallzbreak
05-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Camp hill is def the worst stop for us I mean I can't handle this only talking to him every four day thing so we don't talk it's just to hard and expensive I am so thankful for places that allow calls everyday or other day. I am very interested to see where he ends up and where is home jail Is does anyone know how hone jails work?

Bornagain80
07-27-2011, 01:49 PM
do any one know of any bus or vans that gos to camp hill from philly

I was in SCI camp hill recently, the philly bus schedules should be on the bulletin boards near the bubble on your loved ones block. i was in browns, this was always the case blues blocks not so certain. Blues inmates are usually only there 1.5 to 3 months it is not as bad as all the horror stories you hear. Stay away from trouble and dont spent $10 on 2 cigs see blues do it all the time lol. they will be able to buy then soon enough.

melindaf
10-04-2011, 11:13 AM
I am visiting a family member at Camp Hill for the first time tomorrow. I know you can only bring $30 in with you. There is 4 of us going so is the $30 per visitor or $30 total between all 4 visitors? It is not clear on their website under visiting rules. If anyone who has any info I would appreciate it!

Wolf9785
10-19-2011, 08:12 PM
My son just called to let me know he leaves CFCF in Philly tomorrow for Graterford for classification, and then on to Camp Hill for 1-3 months. He said he would be sent to his home prison from there. I'm hoping he gets through Camp Hill without any issues, I hear it's like boot camp.Anybody with any info on this would help. He got 4-8 for a drug conviction and the judge reccomended Chester but I don't know how much influence the judge has. Global Tellink as well as JPay are total scams and should be investigated by the AG's office. I guess it's the state's way of making the inmates pay while they're in there.

Katlin
11-30-2011, 08:26 PM
My SO who should be at Camp Hill shortly, wants me to send a couple photos. I have one that is laminated like a drivers license although not quite that thick. Will it be allowed? Does anyone know? How do you guys send photos; or do you? I realize the risk of them being stolen and blahblahblah.

Boy I am not looking forward so much to this transfer to CH after reading that some people have not heard from their loved ones for WEEKS! And not even getting that one phone call? Is this sort of thing still going on.

My SO and I are wanting to get this whole thing over with and have been hoping for a move to CH soon. Contact visits :):):). Although I have been lucky enough to have behind-glass visits with him in the county jail, we just want to get the show on the road and return to normal asap.:(

I'm not sure this post is in the correct place. I'm sorry I can't figure out where to look for answers for camp hill and where to post for same. Frustrated.

Katlin
11-30-2011, 08:30 PM
My son just called to let me know he leaves CFCF in Philly tomorrow for Graterford for classification, and then on to Camp Hill for 1-3 months. He said he would be sent to his home prison from there. I'm hoping he gets through Camp Hill without any issues, I hear it's like boot camp.Anybody with any info on this would help. He got 4-8 for a drug conviction and the judge reccomended Chester but I don't know how much influence the judge has. Global Tellink as well as JPay are total scams and should be investigated by the AG's office. I guess it's the state's way of making the inmates pay while they're in there.

I just wondered if your son has gotten to Camp Hill and if you have heard from him. I am beginning to understand the FRUSTRATION level :angry:For those of you with children in the system; oh my.

Agree with you on the Global Tellink and Jpay. I guess it's a way of PA making money on the incarcerated and their families.

Best to you.
k

Katlin
12-17-2011, 07:26 PM
My SO who should be at Camp Hill shortly, wants me to send a couple photos. I have one that is laminated like a drivers license although not quite that thick. Will it be allowed? Does anyone know? How do you guys send photos; or do you? I realize the risk of them being stolen and blahblahblah.

Boy I am not looking forward so much to this transfer to CH after reading that some people have not heard from their loved ones for WEEKS! And not even getting that one phone call? Is this sort of thing still going on.

My SO and I are wanting to get this whole thing over with and have been hoping for a move to CH soon. Contact visits :):):). Although I have been lucky enough to have behind-glass visits with him in the county jail, we just want to get the show on the road and return to normal asap.:(

I'm not sure this post is in the correct place. I'm sorry I can't figure out where to look for answers for camp hill and where to post for same. Frustrated.

The answer is NO to laminated anything.

Wolf9785
12-20-2011, 02:55 PM
You might be better off to just send regular pictures. They decide whether to let them through and I doubt anything laminated like that would make it. So your son is not at CH yet but you're already sure he will end up at Chester ? How do you know this if you don't mind me asking ? Reason I'm asking is my son is currently at CH (has been for 5 weeks) and although the judge in his trial reccomended Chester, the DOC decides everything from what I have read here. You have to be admitted to the SIP program to get in there and because of the waiting list, they will keep you at CH until a decision is made. My son says it's a long shot he'll get into SIP even though his crime is drug related.But we're hoping for it so he will be closer to us.

Callalilly
12-20-2011, 04:27 PM
What is SIP? How do you qualify?

Wolf9785
12-21-2011, 01:57 PM
http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219402

It's a program for inmates with Drug Offenses only

tracey08054
12-21-2011, 03:10 PM
What happens if your sentence is 18-36 months, Should he just do his min 18 in state facility or should he try to get into the SIP program?

ohsweetmaryjane
12-21-2011, 06:15 PM
What happens if your sentence is 18-36 months, Should he just do his min 18 in state facility or should he try to get into the SIP program?

I would urge anyone NOT to take SIP unless its a significant difference in the sentence. SIP is a ton of holes to jump thru and they can send you upstate for anything. And for real for real, you have to do AT LEAST eleven months (but it usually ends up being longer) upstate ANYWAY, and then you have to come home and go into a halfway house. I would never tell someone to take SIP if the alternative was 18-36 months. Definitely not. Just my (obviously bitter) opinion, LOL.

Wolf9785
12-27-2011, 06:17 AM
My son was turned down for SIP, and is now waiting to be transferred from Camp Hill to his "home jail". Not sure if I'm relieved or not after reading the above post. One thing I do know it will mean is I won't get to visit as often like I would have at Chester.

Callalilly
02-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Just found out Camp Hill is our home prison! Blues to browns... Pretty happy about it too!

tracey08054
02-10-2012, 03:53 AM
Im hoping they do the same for calvin... Please keep us in your prayers !

Summerlove92
10-04-2013, 08:34 AM
I have been told that Monday is the best day to visit @ Camp Hill Prison because the buses from Philly and Pittsburgh don't run to Camp Hill Prison on that day. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I have also been told Wednesdays are a good day to go,also. Thanks in advance.

Gater22
10-16-2013, 10:19 AM
I just returned from visiting my son @ Camp Hill. We were there on a Monday twice now and it's not crowded - it's probably the best day. I heard the weekends are a zoo so I will never go then. We have been there on Thursday & Friday & it was more crowded than Monday but not that bad - there were still empty seats. We want to try Wednesday next visit. It's hard to say if it will be crowded because they are closed Tuesday. Hope that helps a little. Take care.