jenpalmer71
10-07-2004, 08:12 PM
SCI-Graterford
P.O. Box 246 (staff)
P.O. Box 244 (inmates)
Graterford, PA 19426-0246
(610)489-4151
fax: (484)961-7907

The State Correctional Institution at Graterford is located 31 miles west of Philadelphia. The facility, built in 1929, is Pennsylvania's largest maximum-security prison. In 1989, an $80 million construction program was completed that added a new administration building, a 28-bed infirmary and 372 additional cells. It is located just north of Collegeville off of Rte 29.

Key Staff
David DiGuglielmo - Superintendent

John K . Murray - Deputy Superintendent for Facilities Management

A. Scott Williamson - Deputy Superintendent for Centralized Services

Michael A. Lorenzo - Deputy Superintendent for Internal Security

Michael Spencer - Business Manager

Jennifer Daneker - Superintendent's Assistant

specht
03-23-2005, 06:16 AM
Is there anyone who knows a bit more about Graterford? One of my penpals is staying here.

Thanks a lot,
Specht

richie'sgirl
03-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I visit my fiance there on the death row unit,what did you want to know?

Bri'sBaby
03-31-2005, 03:19 PM
my boyfriend has been sentenced 3-6 he is at Graterford. I have heard that they are only there until classified then they could possibly be transferred to another prison. Does anyone know if that's true?? Also if they are being certified are they still able to receive mail??? Thanks for any info!!!

Niightdrmr
03-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I am not sure about that specific prison exactly but I do know each state has certain prisons that they consider to be "intake" prisons...this is where the inmate gets processed into the system...basically they have their shots, their physicals, their mental evaluations, and then after about 2-3 weeks sometimes longer depending on the crowding in other places they are shipped out to the system.....while they are in this intake process they can have visits (after a certain amount of days or weeks in some states) and are allowed letters as well....so I would say go ahead and write to them, if they are moved before they get the letter it WILL follow them....good luck not sure if this helped you out with that specific prison but hopefully it helped some!

Kelly

specht
04-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Is there anyone who has a loved one or a penpal in Graterford? My penpal is in here for life, and it would be nice to talk to someone who knows a bit more about this place.

Thanks!
Specht

PhillyGurLL
09-19-2005, 02:15 PM
My husband went to graterford today! He was in the police district yesterday then straight to graterford today! It must be an intake prison! He is waiting to go to New York!

Shadez
10-07-2005, 06:09 PM
I had a friend in Graterford, havent heard from him in a few years, he was transferred there from MCCC...

ladynitty
12-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi, I am new to this... I am just trying to find out if anyone knows how to get to Graterford by car. I live in the Poconos but I know Philly very well. Thanks.

PhillyGurLL
12-21-2005, 10:15 AM
I go to Graterford EVERY weekend...I was driving there with friends, but both of their husbands have been transferred :(
I know how to get there!!!!! I live in PHILLY, Can you go through PHILLY first? I take 76 to 422 to get there........

snuggles22
12-21-2005, 03:08 PM
wanted To Say Hello, & Welcome To Pto!

bobble60
01-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Take 476 S to Noristown. Exit turnpike. Travel W on 422 (business road) through Plymouth Meeting, Norristow, Trooper, etc. As you approach Collegeville, stay right, (merges with Ridge Pike). Cross bridge, turn right immediately, and follow a few miles into Schwenksville area. Prison is on right, across Perkiomen Creek. Can't miss it -- big wall visible across fields.

LoVeRAwAy
01-31-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi...I too am new to this, and I also have a very special friend who was just transported to SCI Graterford....I Am also in the area of the Poconos. Maybe we should chat sometime and possibly go and visit our loved ones...

LoVeRAwAy
01-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi Everyone,
I am new to prison talk and very special friend has just been transported for county to Graterford. I'm looking for other who may have loved ones in there....I hope to take a trip down, according to Yahoo!Directions, it's about 2.5 hours from me but I would like to surprize my friend for Valentine's Day. Does anyoone know the exact location of the state prison once I get to Graterford. I hope he will be transfered back to Mahony but only time will tell. God, I miss him!

bobble60
01-31-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi.
Use MapQuest.com. If you follow the Perkiomen Creek up from Collegeville, you'll find the prison on the left (east) side, near Spring Mount ski area.
You are coming down from the Mahanoy area? I regularly correspond with several men there (Prison Society.)
Regards,
bob

LoVeRAwAy
02-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks Bob..
Unfortunately, I spoke to my loved one yesterday and he will not put me on his visitors list. He doesn't want me to see him there and would perfer if I wait until he is transfered to Mahanoy, whenever that may be. That is his actually home jail before the violation and new charges. I respect him enough not to give him a hard time, but God, I miss him!
Thanks anyway!
Shell

bobble60
02-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Hi, Shell.
Sounds like he is very firtunate to have you by his side.
bob

LoVeRAwAy
02-03-2006, 09:22 AM
Yes Bob, he is very fortunate to have me by his side, and hopefully...he knows that. He and I are only friends and both want more. However, I am a married woman with 3 children of my own and custody of a niece while my sister is in jail. This guy means the world to me...and he knows it. He make me feel like there is love after pain...my marriage is not a very well one. My husband is a control freak and verbally abusive. This man gives me hope and a smile to make it another day. And also the strength to stick up for myself. I am trying to either make my marriage work or move on...I can no longer take the pain of being verbally abused or controlled. So as much as I am on this jailbird's side, I know he is on mine. We've become very close this past year. He was my sister's boyfriend but he and I talked more then they did. Nothing sexual has ever happened between us...so the attraction we have for each other is from the heart. I was with him this time. I was the passenger in his car... I was the 'friend' he was trying to keep from trouble! And look where it got him...I feel guilty however, that has nothing to do with our feelings for each other. They were there before the jail thing and just grew stronger. One day, I hope to have my life straightened out so I can welcome him home with open arms! He's really not a bad guy beneath his cold exterior. He's someone who up until that night, used alcohol to escape from his past. but with my help, he is seeing a professional...something he should have done 15 years ago. And with my help when he is released...Hopefully he'll never see the inside again!
Thanks for listening....
Shell

bobble60
02-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Anytime.

bethbupp
04-18-2006, 05:49 AM
The OSU is a housing unit on the grounds of Graterford, that is outside the wall of the main prison. Inmates have to be a certain security level and go through a staffing to be moved there. They wear gray uniforms instead of brown ones. The housing unit has "real" bathrooms. There are inmates who are training dogs for the blind. Irons and microwaves are available for inmate's use. There is razor wire around the actual building that they sleep in, but during the day, inmates move freely around the grounds, within certain limits. Some OSU inmates actually have jobs driving delivery vehicles around the grounds.

sviglione
05-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Hello Bri's Baby! My boyfriend was just recently sentenced to up to 6 years and is at Graterford right now. He will be transferred to Camp Hill in a couple weeks then to another prison somewhere in Harrisburg. Its scary to think that he is going through so much misery but I guess they should really start to think about things before they do them right? What is your bf in for? Mine is in for aggravated stalking- an offense that happened over a year ago but he is now paying for. I am going to see him this weekend so if anyone else is planning on visiting the prison- let me know. I really do not want go be alone for my first visit. Also if anyone can help me - i would like to know what its like to visit Graterford. What kind of environment is it- open seating or behind glass? Can you hug the prisoner? What are the rules and regulations? I really would like to get some answers before I go into this new world. thanks :)

sr10
05-06-2006, 08:19 AM
Hello sviglione! Graterford is not a bad prison to visit at all. I have been visiting for years and have never had a problem. The best advice I can give is to arrive as early in the day is possible. I usually arrive at 7 am. because you will need to pull a number and it is first come, first to get down in to visit. You will ones and fives to cash in for tokens and picture tickets cost two dollars. The environment is open seating. You are allowed to hug and kiss when you first get down in and when you leave but during the actual visit you may hold hands and that it really it. The C.O.'s always seem very friendly when I am there. Have a great visit.

sviglione
05-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I thank you for all your help! This group is proving to be a real great support system...I really need it as I am having a really hard time dealing with this.

Lexi88
07-16-2006, 08:27 PM
My boyfriend has an staffing interview soon for the OSU at Graterford. Does anyone have any information on how a visit works out there. I know u can take food and such and when I visit I dont see people taking the food to the metal detectors or anything and I just can't seem to figure out the procedure for it so if anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks!

bethbupp
07-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Congratulations in advance on your boyfriend's move to the OSU. The OSU is a wonderful place compared to the rest of the DOC. My son just left there on parole yesterday. They have real bathrooms, microwaves, irons, only have a fence around them at night, and don't even have to take it in their rooms at night if they don't want to. As far as visits go -- park your car at the far front edge of the visitor parking lot. If you are looking for it, you will see a small white building there, just down a sidewalk. There are cement picnic tables and park benches outside. That building is their dining hall downstairs, and the visiting room upstairs. Leave the food in your car, and go to the main lobby to take a number like always. You will not need tokens, but can still get photo tickets if you like. After you get signed in, you will get called almost right away, because they do not bother looking for your inmate before calling you. You still go back into the metal detector room, but not through it -- think about it -- you are going back to your car. They use the ion scanner randomly. Then you go back to your car, and down the sidewalk. You go in the door in the front (back door is for the inmates) and up a flight of stairs. There is a list on the wall of what you cannot take in. In all the times I've been there, only once has a CO even asked if I had anything in my pockets. They look through your bags of food to make sure you don't have any open commercial packages or non-see-through homemade food containers, and no glass or tinfoil. You can bring McDonald's or pizza, or something to microwave, or whatever he is craving. Then you are free to visit straight through until 6 pm. The COs won't care if he has his arms around you the whole time, as long as the two of you don't get too gropey. Assuming there is not a staff shortage, you should be allowed to go outside with him for an hour or two. You can walk around or play volleyball, or whatever. About 10:00 the volunteer lady shows up. She has been coming there for over 20 years. She will entertain your kids or provide you with board games and toys and books to play with them yourselves. I'm telling you, the OSU visits are fantastic! It's almost like real life.

CelticFerret
09-24-2006, 10:49 AM
Since Graterford is only 31 miles west of Philadelphia, is it possible to use public transportation, such as SEPTA to get there? I only live in Trenton, NJ and would really like to be able to get there by PT and not have to stay overnight somewhere.

Thank you.

CelticFerret

bethbupp
09-25-2006, 04:37 AM
Yes, the SEPTA bus comes out from Philly. I thought I had seen it there, when I rode out to visit Graterford with Sr10, so I double checked with my son, who is now living in Philly. He said that, yes, it does, but it is expensive, and if you do not leave the visiting room promptly, they leave you stranded there. I asked him to define expensive, and he said that he had only ever heard the other guys complaining -- no one ever came from Philly to visit him (he only has about 20 or 25 relatives there -- whereas, I rode 5 hrs to see him!).

MRSWALLACE23
01-02-2007, 08:49 PM
HI, I'm not from Pennslyvania, but I have a friend who has a friend at Graterford. He's suppose to be released this coming February and has told her he needs her to send him $180 in order for him to be released. I find this hard to believe, so I decided I would check with you guys. He's given no specific reason as to why this money is needed. I know down here in Florida they give inmates 100 upon release, deducting 40 if they need to get clothes from the goodwill. A response as soon as possible would be appreciated. Do you think his classification officer would tell her if he really needed it or not if she called to check? Thanks.

patientlywaitn
05-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Hi all! My sweetie is currently in Graterford in PA. I read somewhere that he will only be allowed 15min call time per day? I wrote him a letter and asked him if that's true but I can't wait that long for the answer. Does anyone know how true that is?

jeremiahmissed
05-02-2007, 09:16 PM
My boyfriend was at Graterford untill he was transfered to his home jail. He just moved last month. The phone calls were 20min at a time and he could hand up and call me again if no one was in line behind him. Although that was rare. But he did call me twice one night. He just got in line again.

jeremiahmissed
05-02-2007, 09:22 PM
oh by the way. If he just got their and is new to the system it does take some time to get the phone list approved. His took about 4 weeks. Then they have to buy a phone card from commissary. If you decide to visit, just to let you know the visits are pretty okay there. The guards were always very decent and we could hug, kiss, hold hands and I even use to give him knee rubs sometimes. (he was in an auto accident and has a bad leg injury)

patientlywaitn
05-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, unfortunatley he isn't new to PA DOC. He was out on parole and a very unfortunate situation occurred. :( However, in a recent letter he informed me of the cost of calling cards, so hopefully I'll get a call soon. Also, thanks so much about the visiting information. I am trying to make arrangements to visit him by no later that the end of June.( I'm in NC and he's in PA) Awh man! I really, really, miss my baby!:( Thanks ladies:o

naner87128
07-14-2007, 08:41 PM
hi i send my b/f who is in graterford an email msg last night. does anyone know how long it takes for them to print letters there?

DREA25
11-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Hi i should be going to Graterford to see my boyfriend in a little bit and i was wondering was there a way you could get there on public transportation and if there is what would i have to take. Thanks:D

egs
11-04-2007, 08:12 PM
Depends on where you are located. If you live in southeastern PA, check out the SEPTA website or give them a call.

vmattge
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi I can't find any info on graterford ,except this thread .. i'm new to this and I'm sure I'm not doing it correctly ... I know the basic info on Graterford ,but would like to know more.. My family member got assigned there ... classifyed as a 2 .. can anyone tell me what it's like.. I don't know even what block he's on , but I think he's in the new section .Thanks

Tanks_BUG
06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
So apparently what my bf told me was not a rumor after all, he really did get moved to Graterford w/ some others. So now I need the haps on what to expect from this prison. As w/ all of them I have heard BAD stuff, so ease my mind! Also He's 6 months away from his min. pre release eligible, and a level 2, is there a chance he'll get to be in the special area (the name has escaped me). INFO PLEASE!! :o

bobble60
06-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Without knowing the DOC's reason for the transfer, it's hard to predict what's happening. At first glance, however, his CL-2 suggests he'll get outside clearance and live outside the wall. As for the impact on his pre-release or even parole recommendation, you have to hope the staff at GFRD bases their decision on the record he brings from Chester, rather than say "we don't know him yet" and merely vote "no."

Tanks_BUG
06-27-2009, 09:23 PM
I talked to him today, he said 25 guys were moved, he was moved because he was done w/ his programs and they had nothing more to do w/ him, and I guess they're bringing a bunch of people into Chester. I really hope he gets into the OSU thing. Also I agree w/ him not being known and that hurting his parole meeting, I told him that months ago when he said he wanted to be moved. Then again at Chester they never seemed to know what they were talking about and couldn't keep the inmates straight anyways, so crossing my fingers this is better!!!

Patience Grace
10-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Platinum Touch Trans. 4404 N Uber St Phila PA 19140 215-324-0161
Johnson transport 122 E Cheltenham Ave Phila PA 19120 215-866-8511
Philly Van Service LLC (June Beasley) P. O. Box 48013 Phila PA 19144
267-350-9071
J & H Transport, LLC Phila PA 215-989-9436
Lindsay Transit, LLC P. O. Box 20571 Phila 19138 215-657-2406
PA Prison Society (Krapfs Coaches) 245 N Broad St Phila PA 19107
215-564-4775 800-227-2307
Family Connect Van Service, LLC P. O. Box 57021 Phila PA 19111
215-904-8629
Family Services of Western PA (Families Outside) 3230 Wm Penn Hghwy
Pittsburgh PA 15238 412-661-1670 x628
Wheeler Transportation 1839 W Erie Ave Phila 19140 215-221-1888
Germantown Transportation, Inc 407 E Mechanic St Phila PA 19144
215-991-6220
E & E Transportation, Inc (Eva Allen) P. O. Box 330-743 Brooklyn NY
718-385-1385

PuremuslimahPA
11-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know if my lincense has to have the address that my husband used on his visitor's list... i had an address change and you know that PA gives you that little tri fold card will they take that?

PuremuslimahPA
11-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Platinum Touch Trans. 4404 N Uber St Phila PA 19140 215-324-0161
Johnson transport 122 E Cheltenham Ave Phila PA 19120 215-866-8511
Philly Van Service LLC (June Beasley) P. O. Box 48013 Phila PA 19144
267-350-9071
J & H Transport, LLC Phila PA 215-989-9436
Lindsay Transit, LLC P. O. Box 20571 Phila 19138 215-657-2406
PA Prison Society (Krapfs Coaches) 245 N Broad St Phila PA 19107
215-564-4775 800-227-2307
Family Connect Van Service, LLC P. O. Box 57021 Phila PA 19111
215-904-8629
Family Services of Western PA (Families Outside) 3230 Wm Penn Hghwy
Pittsburgh PA 15238 412-661-1670 x628
Wheeler Transportation 1839 W Erie Ave Phila 19140 215-221-1888
Germantown Transportation, Inc 407 E Mechanic St Phila PA 19144
215-991-6220
E & E Transportation, Inc (Eva Allen) P. O. Box 330-743 Brooklyn NY
718-385-1385

this was really helpful because I was having such a hard time finding van services My love one can only get visits during the week for some reason

bobble60
11-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes, they will accept the change-of-address card in addition to your photo license.

Weekday visits only? That's an unusual situation.

SupportingDavid
11-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Is there anyone who knows a bit more about Graterford? One of my penpals is staying here.

Thanks a lot,
Specht

hello what would you like to know about Graterford? My finace is in there and I try to visit as often as possible. I have to drive 8 hours 1 way but he is worth it! Any questions I will try to answer. Just please be careful.

Changae
02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes, they will accept the change-of-address card in addition to your photo license.

Weekday visits only? That's an unusual situation.

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd comment because my bf is in the same situation. I believe weekday visits behind a screen, 1h per visit, 23h lockdown and no commissary is standard treatment for prisoners fresh from County who are waiting to go up to Camp Hill.

marylin
02-10-2010, 10:20 PM
My brother is being formally sentenced next week (he took a plea deal) and he sent me a list of questions about Graterford. If anyone could help me with these questions or lead me to where I can find the answers, it would be most appreciated!
1. Can he bring any other religious materials with him besides his Bible?
2. Can he take a small calendar?
3. When you go from Graterford to Camp Hill to your home jail, do they forward your mail?
4. How many books are they allowed to receive?
5. Can he bring computer generated pictures with him to Graterford?

I was under the impression he couldn't take anything with him, but I'm not sure. If anyone knows please let me know...thanks. :o

missingbyrant
04-19-2010, 07:10 AM
hey everyone... my bf has been in graterford for alittle while now and the last time i talked to him he told me his release date was set for April 19th which is today ! but I haven't heard from him since then.. I m going crazy trying to find any info I can to see if this is true or not.. Can anybody be of help? Graterford is the worst place they give no help what so ever and he is always telling me he never gets my letters and it usually takes atleast 3 weeks after he says that he sent a letter for me to get it ... I was never put on his visiting list because he was told he was going to have to wait which is taking forever... I just cant wait for it to all be over... thanks ! :angry:

bobble60
04-21-2010, 09:13 PM
You can call the prison @ 610-489-4151 and ask for his counselor (by giving his inmate ID number). He or she might be able to tell you what's going on.

missingbyrant
04-26-2010, 06:55 AM
Thanks... He has been released but I still barely have any contact with him being that his family doesnt approve of our relationship and thats where he is... I m extremely frustrated and ready to just call it quits ... I guess u really view ur relationships in a different way when theres so much going on... All I want is to hear from him but thats not happening maybe it is turning out to not be what I thought which makes me more angry because I gave up alot and dealt with alot of stupid stuff to be able to be with him ... Sorry for going on and on its just hard to deal with

MisslonelyHart
05-15-2010, 07:58 PM
I got a letter from my b/f today i posted a thread but i didnt get the answers i needed so i thought i would try again here. he has been there a week and in the letter he said he couldnt buy anything yet. do you know how long before he can start buying his own food? and can he buy stamps and such? he said they gave him 10 but i cant make it on 10 letters a month. they have to be able to buy more?

Leaf's Girl
05-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Does anybody know how to get to Gratersford on public transportaion. I live in philly and dont drive. Or maybe a van service other than the prison society

byurside61709
05-26-2010, 08:47 PM
i'm kinda new to this but. i was lookin thinqs up on quarantine (because i was told the reason i haven't heard from him is because he's in quarantine & inmates can't make phone calls qet/write letters ect.) . but i did notice in one thinq i read that inmates at graterford can not make calls to cell phone? is this true? my boyfriend qot transfered there 5-20-10 & i still haven't heard from him. i'm drivin myself crazy. please any feed back would be greatly appreicated thanks everyone

missingbyrant
07-09-2010, 06:43 AM
they can make calls to cell phones and I only know this because all I have is a cell phone and I talked to my bf almost everyother day on there

momoftaytayb
08-13-2010, 07:07 PM
My husband was just transferred to graterford prison on wednesday.. I looked him up on the inmate locator and it said that he was at graterford and that it would be his permanent location. I'm sure right now he is on quarintine. I havent heard from him yet.. Does anyone know how long I can expect not to hear from him. and is it possible that this will be his home prison??

Maggie1212
08-16-2010, 10:20 PM
No matter where they are it says permanent location on the locator. And I don't know how it is at Graterford. My friend went through Pittsburgh to Camp Hill. He was able to send letters after 3 days.

celyncapo
09-11-2010, 12:46 AM
how long after they get there do they get to make phone calls?

brandonwife
09-11-2010, 04:56 AM
I got my frist phone call after a week of him being there but everyone is different.

celyncapo
09-12-2010, 02:20 PM
when writing a letter will you his pp# or his inmate number? i have the address but will the format be the same his name and number then address? i dont know this whole state thing had me stressed.. but we are bless i see in here all the time ladies waiting for 3 / 6 / 10 yrs i comend them... we have 13 months min.. i pray that is it...

bethbupp
09-12-2010, 02:26 PM
when writing a letter will you his pp# or his inmate number? i have the address but will the format be the same his name and number then address? i dont know this whole state thing had me stressed.. but we are bless i see in here all the time ladies waiting for 3 / 6 / 10 yrs i comend them... we have 13 months min.. i pray that is it...

name
doc#
facility address

My son did 10 of 2 1/2 to 15, and a dear friend just got pre-released after 24 of 25 to 50. You are indeed blessed.

Wolf9785
10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
My son went to Graterford yesterday and I'm wondering if I should have $$ on my Global Tellink account or do they call collect, or will he get a phone card ? How long before they can make calls ? I'm kind of unnerved about how I will eventually hear from. The last thing I want is for him to call me and not have any money on the global account and can't talk with him. I know I'm rambling but I need to know how inmates make calls at Graterfird. Thanks !

tommysgirlpa
01-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Questions about Graterford:
1. can they get visitors there during intake?
2. average time that they are there before going to Camp Hill?
3. if I email on Jpay do they get those letters, are they printed out or do they have to go to the kiosk to read them, if they are locked down for 23, how long is that for?
4. does commisary follow from county, or should I put money on for phone calls?

Wolf9785
01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Questions about Graterford:
1. can they get visitors there during intake? not during the first 7-10 days and then he has to add you to his visiting list which can take another week sometimes
2. average time that they are there before going to Camp Hill? my family member was there 6 weeks
3. if I email on Jpay do they get those letters, are they printed out or do they have to go to the kiosk to read them, if they are locked down for 23, how long is that for? I know they can get them delivered to them at Camp Hill (where your guy will go after Graterford but don't know about Graterford. They are only lockec in 23 hours a day for the first 7-0 days
4. does commisary follow from county, or should I put money on for phone calls? His commisarry $ will follow him but he won't get commissary for a couple weeks. You're at the hardest part of this thing so bear with it and it wil get better over thr next few months.

Wolf9785
01-30-2012, 10:42 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tommysgirlpa
02-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Questions about Graterford visits, I have only gotten letters from my guy at Graterford, he has been there 4 weeks, he said in the letters that visitation is not contact, which I do not think is true, I called to see if his list has been approved,no help from the oerson who answered, I guess I will just keep calling back, He put his phone list in 3x so far no luck, Does anybody know about the visitation for those there for classifacation? He seems to think he will be there longer because of the length of his sentence, that they take the guys to camp hill faster with shorter sentences, without being able to speak to him it is so hard to figure this all out, plus I know they get alot of misinformation from other inmates. He said his celly gets a visit every week. how long can it take to approve his list? this is crazy, He said he is still in the same jumpsuit 4 weeks later, no showers for 3 days sometimes and lockdown all the time, 1 hour rec sometimes, I cant believe how they are treated, it is sickening to me

hobo1230
02-26-2012, 11:09 PM
tommysgirlpa.....

My man went to Graterford about eleven days ago. I have called numerous times and asked the same question and always get a different answer. At one point I talked to the man at the visitors desk and he told me visitation is Monday through Friday from 9-3 for the men that are still in the intake process. I always ask if they can tell me if someone has a visitors list and then they take his inmate number and they tell me. The people you need to speak to regarding that is at the visitors desk. My man was telling me the same thing in a letter yesterday, no showers for three days and no shower shoes. They are locked down for 23 hours a day but I thought that might stop once their ten days are up. If I find anything out I will let you know.

tommysgirlpa
02-27-2012, 07:17 AM
tommysgirlpa.....

My man went to Graterford about eleven days ago. I have called numerous times and asked the same question and always get a different answer. At one point I talked to the man at the visitors desk and he told me visitation is Monday through Friday from 9-3 for the men that are still in the intake process. I always ask if they can tell me if someone has a visitors list and then they take his inmate number and they tell me. The people you need to speak to regarding that is at the visitors desk. My man was telling me the same thing in a letter yesterday, no showers for three days and no shower shoes. They are locked down for 23 hours a day but I thought that might stop once their ten days are up. If I find anything out I will let you know.

He has been is 22 hr lockdown for the whole time, sometimes they dont even get out for that 2 hours and are there for days with cold cereal shoved through the door, he said the guards are assholes and scream in your face even if you ask them something, nobody deserves that kind of treatment, its horrible what these prisons are allowed to get away with.

hobo1230
02-27-2012, 06:39 PM
I agree with you. It's crazy. My man was in Jersey prison before and he said it's really bad there but nothing compares to Graterford. He said it's the worst he's ever experienced and he's been in and out quite a bit. Hopefully our men get out of there soon :(

Joct27
01-30-2014, 03:06 PM
how long is he in graterford? and how long does it take to get transfer? or contact visit if that my boyfriend will be there for a month soon so I just wanted to know how much longer I have to have contact with instead of the glass:(

ori_son
02-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Ill have to tell you SCI GRATERFORD was the nicest stop I ever made. Food is crap. But the joint is lovely. D Block down in the back by the kitchen doors : if you can put up with the workers kicking the door to get out 1/2 the day. other than that: Bubble is way way up there. Guards are laid back, lock-ins are mild, u can usually get out anytime the day. Unlike A-B the doors stay locked some. But that makes it nice and quiet, impo.. Hell I was a level 2 living on D block.. A and B suck compared to D, C is ok too. But you want to avoid the new side. Its not that bad over there. but you cant open the windows, yard sucks too.. its the special side. slow people. no offense, but its true. Its nice living on D , gym, auditorium, church all right there. commissary is a little walk tho. All the CI shops in graterford are good jobs. great things to do in this place. I was on the electrical/cable job got to wonder around alot.. I got homies doing life in this bitch.. they write me all the time. still lovely out there. :thumbsup: