Please provide the following information:

Prison Address

Prison Phone Number

Security Level

Visiting Hours/Days

Visiting Rules

Visiting Dress Code

Visiting - How much money you can take in

Mail Rules - what can and cannot be mailed in.

Superintendent Name

Local Accommodations / Prices / Food

Local support groups

Any other important information.

Please provide as much information as you know of the prison you are most familiar with so that we can build complete profiles of all the Missouri prisons.

bex
10-12-2004, 11:51 AM
MOBERLY CORRECTIONAL CENTER
LEVEL 3-4

MCC
P.O. Box 7
Moberly, MO 65270
1-660-263-3778

Superintendent: Tony Gammon
Chaplain: Reverend Donald Horne
IAC: James Rockenfield

BASIC INFO: No A/C in cells. No clothing purchases allowed
MVE: Industry, welding, laundry

VISITING HOURS: Visiting rules available at check in. Food visits offered every month for offenders who are six months violation free (scheduled one month prior). Only three containers allowed.

Thursday 9 am to 2 pm
Friday 3 pm to 8 pm
Saturday 9 am to 2 pm OR 3 pm to 8 pm
Sunday 9 am to 2 pm OR 3 pm to 8 pm

PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
AA, NA, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE: Prisoner Family Services: 314-381-5955
Bus leaves St. Louis on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Cost is $35 per person, children under 13 pay $10, children under 2 are free. The bus leaves at 6:00 am. MUST CALL FOR RESERVATIONS.

PLACES TO STAY:
Super 8: 660-263-8862 or 1-800-800-8000 at 300 E. Highway 24 $51
Best Western Moberly Inn: 660-263-6540 at 1200 E. Highway 24 $55
Holiday Inn: 660-269-9700 at 1801 West Outer Road $58
No check in before 3 pm

PLACES TO EAT: Variety of places in Moberly

DIRECTIONS:

From St. Louis: Take 70 West to Columbia. Go North on Highway 63 to Moberly. Take Business 63 off to the left 6 miles before Moberly. MCC will be on the left.

From KC: Take 70 East to Columbia. Go North on 63 to Moberly. Take Business 63 off to the left 6 miles before Moberly. MCC will be on the left.

MrsPhillips
10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Moberly Correctional Center (http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/mcc.htm)
(C-3 male)
P.O. Box 7
Moberly, Mo. 65270
660-263-3778
Dean Minor, Warden
http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/mcc.htm

LLFlover
11-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Having just gone through my first visit at Moberly, I thought I would add my two cents on the visiting.

Get there as soon as you can. As soon as you put your name on the list thats the order they call the inmates to the visitation room. Keep in mind that the further their house is away from the main building it can take some time for them to get there.

When you get there get signed in, They start calling you through dependent upon what time visitation begins that day. You are only allowed to bring $25.00 in coins or dollar bills your license and your car keys. You must have them in a clear plastic baggie or they will provide you with one to use.

The CO at the desk will hand you papers and you will walk down the hall to the green gate. When you pass through the gate you will hand your papers to the CO behind the glass and when you do that he/she will take one of the sheets and ask for your right hand. They will run a liquid over your hand that shows up under a UV light. You will then wait at the next gate and wait to go to the visitation room. Once you get into the visitation room to your left is the "white shirt" CO that you will hand your sheet to and then he will ask you if this is your first visit. If it is he will let you know what the rules are for touching kissing and hugging.

The inmates cannot touch money, so they cannot get their own food from the vending machines. There is a line that they cannot cross in front of them so make sure if this is your inmates first visit that they along with you follow this rule. They can microwave their own food, but you cannot both stand up there together and wait for it. Your best bet is after the first couple of visits to see what your inmate likes and have that ready before they get to the visitation room.

Food: The soda machines steal money... Not all the time but I personally have lost 2.00 because of them. There is a number on the machines that you can call to get it back. The sandwiches that you can buy are ok, they aren't fancy restaurant style but they fill em up.

Soda's: .60
Sandwiches: 2.00-3.00
Chips: .75
Candy bars, cookies and other things range from .75 to 1.00

Pictures- If you chose to have a picture taken they are 2.00. You have to have dollar bills for the machine that gives you tokens. 2 tokens gets you one picture.

Behavior: Slouching in the chairs is NOT allowed!! Found that one out the hard way. The CO's walk around and sit and watch you not only that but there are cameras EVERYWHERE... So if you think that you can sneak a kiss you are sadly mistaken. If you are caught they can end the visit and you may not be able to come back to visit for a few weeks or ever again. So chose your actions wisely. It takes long enough to get approved for visit don't risk it for a quick kiss or hug. They notice everything, and if they don't take you out of the visitation room right then and there that doesn't mean that they wont mess with your man later by taking him to the hole for it!! I have heard horror stories.

The visitation room: Is actually really nice. It has paintings on the walls so it doesn't have that "institution" feeling. Once you get seated with your inmate it actually isn't that bad... For me everything else melted away... But thats just me ;) You can have pretty private conversations, although I will warn you that there are other people there that can hear you if you get loud.

I hope this helps you get through the visitation easier... I was a lost puppy on this when I got there!! The other visitors that have been going there a while can spot a new person from a mile away, and I have met nothing but kind people... The CO's are really nice too, ask and they will answer your questions, don't be afraid of them they are human just like us... Only they have guns and keys and we don't ;)

Have a great Visit!!!

miked1179
12-11-2009, 05:29 PM
um not just The soda machines steal money the other ones to and every time i go to visit their either not working or their empty which is all the time so don't ex-pet to git what you like Cu's mostly its goon and if its there its out of oder which happens way to often

michaelbstl
01-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Was released from Moberly in October 2010 so thought I'd update a bit of the information.

As far as programs go, "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" was no longer offered during my two years there. That being said, there are a ton of programs to keep inmates occupied. AA and NA are both there and fairly strong; there are large meetings (with free coffee and outside speakers) during the day on weekends -- these need to be signed up for in advance to be able to attend and there tends to be some confusion on how to sign up for these (tell your inmate to go to the AA/NA office on the second floor of the gym to do so). There are evening meetings that are available on a "drop-in" basis but these tend to be much smaller.

Toastmasters, Jay-Cees, NAACP and the VVA (open to all military veterans) are also available and provide activities (some of these charge dues however).

Celebrate is a Christian 12-Step group that meets twice a week: Thursday evenings in the Chapel and Mondays in the Program Room for Step Study (the latter needs to be signed up for in advance).

As far as prison jobs go, if your inmate has a high school diploma/GED, they are eligible to apply to work in the plants in the "West Zone" of the camp: Maintenance, Laundry, the Print Shop, the Sign Shop, and the Metal Plant where I was employed. Jobs range from welding, painting, sanding and even clerical positions (a plum job to have during summer and winter as the offices have A/C and heating), Pay there is hourly, paid once a month. Starting wage is generally 15 cents an hour, with raises to 30 cents, 50 cents and finally 70 cents for lead positions. Slave wages on the streets but a princely sum compared to the non-industry monthly "state tip" of $7.50/month ($8.50 if you have your diploma/GED) that the other inmates get. There are other non-industry jobs available which pay $15-$30/month including librarian, tutoring, working in the Chapel, Program Room, Clothing Issue and Administration building. If your inmate doesn't have their high school diploma or GED then they're pretty much relegated to working in the Kitchen, yard crew or having a dorm job. Each of these have their unpleasant sides and don't pay beyond the monthly state tip.

There are also self-improvement classes available to those who wish to take them, mostly based around trying to change old behaviors and attitudes.

I had never been arrested before in my life so I have no comparison to other camps to offer other than the two months I spent in diagnostics at Fulton. THat being said, while it wasn't a pleasant experience, it wasn't as horrible as I had expected it to be. There are a core of guys there trying to change their lives and if your inmate sticks with them, they'll avoid a lot of the train-wrecks that can happen in prison.

And yes, there are gangs there and fights but most of these aren't on the level of higher level camps as Moberly is viewed as a "going home camp" and most guys aren't about to jeopardize their status with stupid moves. That being said, if your inmate is younger or easily led, they will be more prone to trouble so encourage them to seek out the fellowships I mentioned above.

BLLB58
03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
This really helped me out alot. My Boo is trying to get transfered from WMCC, to MCC. Trying to get closer to home, so the drive won't be so bad for me. He worries about me being on the highway by myself.

JamesGirl3
04-09-2014, 08:24 PM
My mans in moberly and he says the same thing theres groups to talk to an MANY to ignore an not get mixed in with