Please provide the following information:

Prison Address

Prison Phone Number

Security Level

Visiting Hours/Days

Visiting Rules

Visiting Dress Code

Visiting - How much money you can take in

Mail Rules - what can and cannot be mailed in.

Superintendent Name

Local Accommodations / Prices / Food

Local support groups

Any other important information.

Please provide as much information as you know of the prison you are most familiar with so that we can build complete profiles of all the Missouri prisons.

bex
10-12-2004, 11:06 AM
SOUTHEAST CORRECTIONAL CENTER
LEVEL 5

SECC
300 E. Pedro Simmons Drive
Charleston, MO 63834
1-573-683-4409

Superintendent: Chuck Dwyer
Assistant Superintendent: Laura Vance
Chaplain: Reverend John McCain

BASIC INFO: A/C in cells. Cable hookup. Food visits every three months plus incentive food visits. Occasionally outside visit area open during summer.
MVE:

VISITING HOURS: Visiting rules available at check in.

Thursday 9:30am to 2:30pm
Friday 2:30pm to 7:30pm (
Saturday 8:30am-1:30pm OR 2:30pm-7:30pm IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY
Sunday 8:30am-1:30pm OR 2:30pm-7:30pm IMMEDIATE FAMILY ONLY

PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
Civility committee
Marriage support group
Religious special events

TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE: Prisoner Family Services: 314-381-6001
Bus leaves St. Louis on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Cost is $35 per person, children under 13 pay $10, children under 2 are free. The bus leaves at 5:30 am. MUST CALL FOR RESERVATIONS.

PLACES TO STAY:
Days Inn Sikeston 573-471-3930 $50-$62
Econo Lodge Charleston 573-683-2125
Country Heart Inn Sikeston 573-472-4400
Comfort Inn Charleston 573-683-4200 $70-$75

PLACES TO EAT: Variety of choices in Sikeston

DIRECTIONS:

From St. Louis: Take I-55 South past Sikeston to I-57 exit. Take I-57 North towards Chicago exit. Take exit 10 (Charleston exit). Turn right and go south about one mile on Highway 105. SECC will be on your left.

leeperjeeper
06-10-2005, 05:42 AM
All of that information is correct. One thing I would like to add is that they are srtict on their dress code. You cannot wear anything that is really tight or clingy. I also would suggest that you wear no perfume because their machine is very sensitive and lots of times won't work properly. Usually the visiting staff is very nice and accomodating but you always have your exceptions. The visiting on Thursday is 9:00 am and not a minute earlier. What they have posted on the MDOC website is not correct. If you visit someone behind the glass I suggest you get there about 8:45 am on the weekends because you are still visiting when they have their count. That ususally ends up giving you a visit of over 2 hours. Treat the staff with respect and they will give it back.

Care4Nate
04-09-2006, 02:45 PM
How will you know if you will be able to have a contact visit or not? My boyfriend just got moved to SECC two days ago so I dont even have an application in yet. Do they even have contact visits there? Also, if he has me listed as his significant other, can I visit on weekends as well or is it still only for his mom and dad?

thanks

Cara

leeperjeeper
04-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Yes, they have contact visits just like any other facility. And they also have food visits. He will be able to tell you what kind visits you can have. And it usually takes about 3-4 weeks to get approved. If you are already on his list you do not have to be approved again. That follows the person wherever they go. And a S/O is treated the same as immediate family. You can visit any time the doors are open as long as the inmate is eligible for them. If you have visited somewhere before nothing is different down there. Check the DOC website for visiting regulations http://www.doc.missouri.gov/index.htm They may try to tell you that SECC prisoners who are in Ad Seg can't have but 2 visits a month but the web site says 8. You can call the facility and seek to the person in charge of visiting. And if you live very far from there I would check each time before you make the trip to make sure your guy can have visits that day or weekend. Generally they are nice down there but you may run into someone who isn't. Be nice and let it roll off you.

MrsPhillips
10-28-2009, 08:35 AM
Southeast Correctional Center (http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/secc.htm)
(C-5 male)
Highway 105
Charleston, Mo. 63834
573-683-4409
Troy Steele, Warden
http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/secc.htm

Brittany Lee
12-04-2012, 12:17 AM
My fiance is in WMCC but I can literally see secc frommy house lol and my step dad works there well did he just quit about 2 weeks ago. But my fiance is in the hole right now and is fixing to get c-5 Ed and I'm praying if he does he goes to secc

LisaKaye
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
LEVEL 5

SECC
Charleston, MO 63834
1-573-683-4409

BASIC INFO: A/C in cells. Cable hookup. Food visits every three months plus incentive food visits. Occasionally outside visit area open during summer.
MVE:

PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
Civility committee
Marriage support group
Religious special events

Bus leaves St. Louis on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Cost is $35 per person, children under 13 pay $10, children under 2 are free. The bus leaves at 5:30 am. MUST CALL FOR RESERVATIONS.

PLACES TO STAY:

DIRECTIONS:

From St. Louis: Take I-55 South past Sikeston to I-57 exit. Take I-57 North towards Chicago exit. Take exit 10 (Charleston exit). Turn right and go south about one mile on Highway 105. SECC will be on your left.

Visiting is no longer on Thursdays. Also, weekends are not limited to immediate family only. It's friends and family are allowed as well.

LisaKaye
01-04-2013, 11:32 PM
LEVEL 5

SECC
Charleston, MO 63834
1-573-683-4409

MVE:

PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
Civility committee
Marriage support group
Religious special events

PLACES TO STAY:

DIRECTIONS:

No V-neck shirts are allowed. Shirts for women need to have a crew neckline. Basically wear a shirt as far up the neck as possible.

momother
01-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Also no "hoodies" allowed, even on children....

tz2010
01-19-2013, 07:42 PM
I arrived on time at SECC this morning. Got in the door only to be told I had to go back out and take my hoodie off. I intended to anyway I only wore their to keep warm and was going to put it in the locker. I had to go back out in the cold to take it off. No problem. Go back in walk through the detector it went off. My belt (which I wear on every visit just happen to go off this time..weird). Finally get in check my containers all food is good.

Officer does the test strip swipe. Containers test positive for drugs. I said I just bought them last night and washed them. I have never done drugs a day in my life. The guard says I hear stories all the time its your tell it how you want. So he does it a second time. Same thing! By this time I am getting furious because I do not know what is going on. I have been here a hundred times never an issue.

I ask the guard if I can go buy new containers or wipe them down with sanitize wipes. He says no. Okay fine then I am just going to stand in the corner and wait to see what happens.

They offer me a no contact visit with my brother. Tears me up because the one thing I want to do is hug my brother because I have to tell him our grandmother is in the hospital dying! I started crying..the nicest lady came over to me gave me the biggest hug and prayed with me. She was so caring. I wish I would have gotten her name. Maybe I will see her again and can thank her again!

It broke my heart to not be able to feed my brother his fav foods today and give him a hug. But I did get to see him so that is still good!

I just don't understand what happen. One lady did mention if I had put gas in my car or anything like that it could test positive. I did put gas in my car on the way their and the container that was testing is the one on the top of the pile.

Can someone please bring light as to what happen? I just do not understand!