Please provide the following information:

Prison Address

Prison Phone Number

Security Level

Visiting Hours/Days

Visiting Rules

Visiting Dress Code

Visiting - How much money you can take in

Mail Rules - what can and cannot be mailed in.

Superintendent Name

Local Accommodations / Prices / Food

Local support groups

Any other important information.

Please provide as much information as you know of the prison you are most familiar with so that we can build complete profiles of all the Missouri prisons.

bex
10-12-2004, 10:54 AM
JEFFERSON CITY CORRECTIONAL CENTER
LEVEL 5

JCCC
8200 Fence Line Road
Jefferson City, MO 65102
1-573-751-3224

Superintendent: Dave Dormire
Assistant Superintendent: Bill Galloway
Chaplain:

BASIC INFO: No A/C in cells. Cable hookup.
MVE: Graphic arts, engraving, metal plant, furniture factory, clothing factory, hat factory, handicap center, IBM.

VISITING HOURS: Visiting rules available at check in. DRESS CODE STRICTLY ENFORCED!!!

Thursday 9 am to 2 pm
Friday 3 pm to 8 pm (No pictures on 3-8 visits)
Saturday 9 am to 2 pm OR 3 pm to 8 pm (No pictures on 3-8 visits)
Sunday 9 am to 2 pm OR 3 pm to 8 pm (No pictures on 3-8 visits)

PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
GED classes Restorative Justice
Toastmasters Youth Services
ITC (Intensive Therapy Community) Lifeskills
Alcholics Anonymous Woodshop
VVA (Vietnam Vets) Church services and Bible studies.

TRANSPORTATION AVAILABLE:
Prisoner Family Services: 314-381-6001
Bus leaves St. Louis on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Cost is $30 per person, children under 13 pay $10, children under 2 are free. The bus leaves at 6:15 am. MUST CALL FOR RESERVATIONS.

Amtrak 1-800-872-7245. From St. Louis to Jefferson City, approximately $17 coach (one-way). From Kansas City to Jefferson City, approximately $26 coach (one-way).

PLACES TO STAY:
Agape House (573-636-5737) $5 a night must make reservations! Call Wednesdays 5-10 pm,
Thursdays 2 pm through Sunday 9 am. Manager is Fred.
Motel 6 (573-634-4220) $35.99 - $41.99 +TAX
Budget Inn (573-636-6167) $37 - $42.60 (tax included)
EconoLodge (573-636-2797) $59.99 - $64.99 +TAX. Free breakfast

PLACES TO EAT:
Missouri Boulevard (main strip) has everything. One mile West of Missouri State Penitentiary

By motels: Perkins, Country Kitchen, Zesto (fast food).

DIRECTIONS:

hannahlouise
10-07-2005, 05:21 AM
address:8200 Fenceline rd jefferson city, mo 65101 Main prison phone # is 751-3224 you will get an operator who can then direct you to officials at the camp...the superintendents are: Mr. Galloway, Arthur Woods (who is head of safety and security and is a PITBUll and not a pleasant person to be around, Mr. Dormire, and there is one more whose name is escaping me at thie moment. If you live in jeff city phone calls are 1.30 flat fee....they go up from there. MAil (this is taken directly from their printout which was updates 2/10/05: here goes...greeting cards cannot exceeed 8.5 by 11mechanical cards or ones with batteries (NO)...no nude photos, photos cannot be over 8 by 10,2 ply polaroid are NO,No representation of a nude body will be let in there like drawings,sketches etc.....no offender photos either. offenders cannot send offenders mail. Mail will be refused if it contains any of the following:body fluid,hair,powdery substances???,any substance that could seem to cause a health problem. No postage stamps (have to buy from the canteen now),other stamps, no stickers (even put on the card or paper). blank envelopes,blamk paper,unused cards (everything must be signed),unused postcards,lottery tickets,maps,pages froma phone book,blank checks,credit ccards,ink pens,pencils,hair ties, candy: etc.........Then they go on to add this:clippings/enclosures-5 pieces of paper 8.5 by 11 will be permitted in additi0on toa letter. the pages to the letter are not counted. Any xtra pages, copied from the internet or copied from anywhere,clippings,magazine [pages,childerns drawings, etc....are limited to 5. NEXT: Calenders must be purchased from the vendor at the prison or sent in free froma vendor (like your church or cow grain company) Family members cannot saend them in. they cannot be over 11 by 17 when open and cannot have a metal spiral. newsapers and magazines must be sent in from a vendor. alos there is a barnes and noble in jeff and if they send in the title of the book and author and the price of the book and 3.95 for shipping and handling....B & N can send it to them at the camp. Money orders must be mailed to MDOC po box 1609 JC MO 65102......for those of you that are new.....when your loved one sends you a deposit check to add money to his account the state holds it and draws interest for 15 days so they cannot spend it,,,,,jay pay at Walmart charges 8.95 and it is taken off at the other end (you give them 40.00 and the offender has 31.05 to spend in the canteen, they all get an 8.50 (tip??????) I think at the first of the month but not sure about that time for sure, i know they get it once a month.......at this moment this is all I have ...I will be back with more and i hope this helps someone hanahlouise

hannahlouise
10-07-2005, 05:29 AM
GED classes are very limited due to the new governor axing the ged program for the max 5'ers....they are slowly getting volunteers to fill this void,,,the waiting list is LONG. The ITC is not the program it was 3 yrs ago and is a waste of time. The Governor axed the program and staff there as well so it is no longer certified and is running at about 100th the speed (so P & P does not recognize it as they once did to fulfill expects and as turning out people who had a far greater chance of not gong back to that place) as there are no longer any substance abuse professionals working there.... so for a man who has been stipulated to long term drug treatment this will not fill the bill now

Fran2005
11-03-2005, 06:29 AM
i called my friend on may to wish him an Happy Birthday (35 y old) i talked to a rude man who told me "only emergencies, do you understand ?" 35 y old are not emergencies, ok guy ...
Even my birthday card wasn't received because they supposed i sent drug ....
That's Jefferson City Corr Centr, and my friend feels securate there .... ouffffffffff !

baglady
11-04-2005, 02:00 PM
I would like to let everyone know there is a bus that goes to different jails from kansas city every third saturday the cost is $10.00 for information contact:
REV. ERNEST JONES 816 686-7480 dont have a bus to southeast correctional center yet need somepeople that want to go but it would cost more to go there

MrsPhillips
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Jefferson City Correctional Center (http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/jccc.htm)
(C-5 male)
8200 No More Victims Road
Jefferson City, Mo. 65101
573-751-3224
Dave Dormire, Warden
http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/jccc.htm