View Full Version : Western Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center - Missouri - Profile

Ken
10-09-2004, 05:29 AM
Please provide the following information:

Prison Address

Prison Phone Number

Security Level

Visiting Hours/Days

Visiting Rules

Visiting Dress Code

Visiting - How much money you can take in

Mail Rules - what can and cannot be mailed in.

Superintendent Name

Local Accommodations / Prices / Food

Local support groups

Any other important information.

Please provide as much information as you know of the prison you are most familiar with so that we can build complete profiles of all the Missouri prisons.

lilred_1975
10-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Prison Address- WRDCC 3401 Faraon St Joseph, MO 64506

Prison Phone Number- 816-387-2185

Visiting Hours/Days- Thursdays 9a.m.-2p.m., Fridays 3pm-8pm, Saturday & Sunday 8a.m.-8p.m.

Visiting - How much money you can take in-up to $40.00 in change, they do have a change machine inside building

Mail Rules - what can and cannot be mailed in.- no polaroids, no pics over the size of a 5 by 7

prettyj
08-07-2005, 02:14 PM
just trying to find out what kind of prison is wrdcc i think my brother level is 2 how do they treat their inmates

prettyj
08-10-2005, 07:59 PM
hey is there anybody who can tell me a little about wrdcc in missouri what kind of place is it how do they treat their inmates also is this some type of treatment center my brother is a level 2 will this mean he will transfer again please help a sister out

prettyj
08-10-2005, 08:06 PM
trying to find out what type of place is wrdcc in missouri how do they treat there inmates is this some type of treatment center my brother is a level two now just want to no something about this place also wondering do he have to be there a period of time before he have visitor:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

moniloc22
09-08-2005, 02:50 PM
my honey was just transferred from wrdcc. they say that visiting is from 8am to 8pm but they count at 8 so really it starts at closer to 9. the men in treatment are segregated from the general population and their visits are 3 hours (I think) as opposed to general population whish is 5 hours except for the first Saturday of the most which is then 4 hours for general population becuase of this thing they do with some of the men with kids. so yes, this is a treatment center as well as a diagnostic center (for men new to prison) and where the short timers go as well (men with less than 2 years left). Just like with anywhere else, there are good guards and bad so how they get treated is anybody's guess. They are pretty free with the information there so just call to see if they have a period before they can have visitors. Hope this helps!!!

kp090969
10-10-2005, 05:06 PM
my boyfriend was sent there a few days ago and i called to see when he would be released and they said they couldn't tell me anything. how can you tell if any of the inmates have access to the computer there?

hazel_eyes_cry
11-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Here is a good sight for WDRCC. It's not too clear about visiting for men in treatment but, it does have alot of official information. Good Luck to all and just keep lovin' em.http://www.corrections.state.mo.us/division/constser/family.htm

lookin4GHROCK
03-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Im lookin for george H rock II. please tell him somebody needs to chat

lookin4GHROCK
03-13-2006, 12:18 AM
hello I'm lookin for inmate George H. Rock do u know him? I need to talk to him so bad. if you know him please tell him. peace

lookin4GHROCK
03-14-2006, 02:09 PM
is this thread actually in the Western Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center - Missouri? if so how would an innmate know if somebody was looking for them. I'm lookin 4 GEORGE HENRY ROCK

Cannon
07-31-2006, 09:31 AM
My husband and I are looking for a friend that was just sent here. We are unsure if they can get online or when we can visit him. He would not know to put us on his visitors list because we have been out of contact for a while. We would really like to see him, or at least chat with him. Thank you for any information...
We are looking for Rusty Cooper, he has only been there a few days...

Christy
07-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Cannon,

They cannot get online. Your best bet is to write him a letter and tell him you would like to visit. He will have to send you a form that you fill out and send back in for processing. That normally takes about 7 days. They will let him know when you are approved and then you will be able to visit and he can either call you or write you a letter. Since you are not immediate family, you will only be allowed to visit on Thursday from 9am to 2pm and Friday from 3pm to 8pm. I could be wrong on the times, you may want to check with the prison direct. They will tell you the times. He will know also.

You may want to check on vinelink for his DOC number. You will need that for addressing the letter.

I suggest getting on the Missouri Department of Corrections website and reading the info they have there for friends and family. It has tons of information that you may need.

If he has only been there for a few days, he will need outside support more than ever right now. He will benefit greatly from having a letter from friends.

Good luck and feel free to ask away with questions. I will do my very best to answer them and if I can't, there are others here in the MO forum that can.

Welcome to PTO!

sueshe
02-07-2007, 03:51 PM
If they have been sent there for diagnostics and placement, they cannot have visitors until they have been there 30 days. More often than not, they will be transferred before you get a chance to see them.

You can write to them there.. just make sure you include the DOC number you can find them on Vinelink as Christy said.

This is the link to Vinelink... which is really a site for victim notification, but it's useful for all of us.

vinelink.com/pickplat.jsp?stateCode=MO

MO dept of corrections website :

doc.missouri.gov

jcbsgirl
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
My boyfriend was transferred to wrdcc about 2 weeks ago. What is 10 house all about? Is that just a temp place or what? Any help would be great cause i havent heard from him since he got transferred there. They are allowed to call home right?

ram63565
07-04-2007, 03:24 PM
My husband is also in wrdcc in hu 10. My husband is there for at least 30 days until they transfer him. he told me some guys are going out in 2-3 weeks but then there are some that have been there for 6 weeks waiting for a transfer.
Most of the guys are Level 4 or 5 in HU 10.
He should have gotten a free 2 minute call to you when he got there, BUT there are only 2 phones and since they are only out 3 times a day the line is very long....if his cell is far from the phones and he doesnt want to run it may take a while for him to get a turn.
I dont know much but I am happy to share what I do know.
Best of Luck sweetie!

nestes
07-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Where was he transferred from? If he is just going in he's in diagnostics, he'll be there about 30 days until he gets transferred to a regular camp, if he was transferred from another camp it usually means treatment. either way he will be able to call. By the way welcome to PTO

jcbsgirl
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
he was transferred from grundy county jail. His family doesnt seem to think to highly of him and says the most horrific things about him since he went in, they are even going as far as telling him im getting back with my childrens father, but that is the farthest thing from the truth. I love this guy and his family treats him like shit and he cant see it. what can i do or say to him to prove to him that what they say is untrue and that he is the one i love with ALL my heart. He has a history of being left by his girlfriends when he goes to jail and im afraid that he thinks that im going to do the same thing. how would i get a message to him that lets him know that i am waiting for him and he has no worries?

ram63565
07-10-2007, 10:07 AM
You cant prove to him anything that he doesnt want to believe BUT you can write to him, be honest, open and caring. Dont let other peoples drama determine your relationship.
You can write to him right now. all you'll need is his # to put on the envelope with his HU #.
Inmates name, #, HU#
WRDCC
3401 Faraon
St. Joseph, MO 64506
I know mail makes a world of difference to my husband.
I bet most guys go thru feelings of insecurity while locked up..my husband does and we've been together for 17 years and married for 13.5...just tell him your feelings...i'm betting you'll feel better and so will he.
Good wishes! B

Christy
07-10-2007, 10:22 AM
All you can do is keep showing up to visit, accepting the calls as often as you can and just sticking with him. In time he will come to believe it. Like RAM said, there is nothing you can say to make him believe it, you have to show it.

ram63565
07-10-2007, 02:00 PM
I meant to put in my previous post:
If you havent heard from him yet you may not have his #...you can get it by searching his name in the Offender Search link on the DOC web page (its working now)

jcbsgirl
07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for all the words of kindness. I finally got to talk to him and am expecting another call in a few days. It was really what you all said other peoples drama out here and in there. By the way he says he is waiting to go in front of the C& A and the P&P. What is that? P&P is probation and parole right? but whats the C&A? Can anyone help me out with this?

ram63565
07-19-2007, 04:34 PM
I dont know what C&A stands for but what he is doing is waiting for a chance to see his caseworker.
Now, since he is in for probation violation, it MAY be different but if he is still in HU #10, most of the guys (including mine) are waiting quite awhile to see the caseworker.
If its the same for him, I am sorry so say its going to be quite a wait. What will happen is he will get to see the caseworker, then be assigned to a camp then wait awhile to be transferred and then be in Reception at the camp for a while.
I know I have said "awhile" alot; there are guidelines and timelines but those just arent being followed right now and I dont want to get your hopes up about dates.
I am sure there are more on here who can add to what I'm posting.
I am happy to share what i know especially since our guys are in the same place I feel a little more confident about giving info.

shawnaatschool
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
My best friend was just sent to Western Reception Diagnostic & Correctional Center. i dont know anything about the prison system. I have tons of ?????s
1. How can i send him some money for his books?
2. How do i get permission to visit
i got about 500 more lol
HELP ME PLEase

Willitbe1118
09-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Your friend will have to send your a visitor slip for you to complete and turn in, then you will send it back, after your back ground is researched they will advise him of your approved visitation. As far as sending money, you will need his inmate number and he can send you money slips that you
can send a money order to Jeff City and it will be applied to his books. Sometimes this takes awhile to get posted to the books. Or you can send money via JPAY.com if you have a credit/debit card. There is a fee but depending on your timing the money could be posted the same day.

Good luck to you.

dwdawg
09-15-2007, 09:55 AM
My best friend was just sent to Western Reception Diagnostic & Correctional Center. i dont know anything about the prison system. I have tons of ?????s
1. How can i send him some money for his books?
2. How do i get permission to visit
i got about 500 more lol
HELP ME PLEase
Yo Shawna.....

This is a great forum to ask those questions and clarify issues........

So ask away! :thumbsup:

Once you have the friends id # you can sign up @ www.jpay.com (http://www.jpay.com) to send them monies. JPay is much quicker than sending a check or deposit through snail mail to the DOC. That process can take weeks.

Your friend can send you a visitors application form to complete and return. Once a background check is done and approved, your friend will advise you of such. You may only be allowed a once-a-month non contact visit while they reside in the reception and diagnostic area awaiting classification and camp assignment. This evaluation process can take 4 to 6 weeks.

You may want to consider attending an "Orientation Meeting" at the facility.....where they can answer more specific questions. When my son was at FRDC they were held on the 3rd Thursday of each month and followed with a two-hour non contact visit.

Hope this info helps a little.....but if not..... I'm sure there are other PTO members who have had love ones go through WRDCC that will be of great help and comfort.

Yo Christy....did I miss anything?

Christy
09-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Nope..you guys did good for her!

Shawna...welcome to PTO!!!

shadowwally
09-24-2007, 10:37 PM
10 house they get to call once a week at the same time. it takes a while before they can call. i'd write and ask and look up on the internet. it's not too bad. Marian

della78
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Hi I'm new to this site and my boyfriend was taken to WRDCC last Friday. He is in diagnostics now but was sentenced to 6 years and he said the average time served was 24-29 months! He just got moved to H wing today. He has already sent me the info for me and his family to send in for visitations and I'm waiting on it in the mail. I don't know if I can call about our orientation before that is completed or not though. I write him DAILY and also wanted to know if there is a limit on the amount of mail he can recieve. In county he could only get 5 letters a day, my letters are pretty lengthy and didn't know if that was allowed or not. I would love to talk to some people that have gone through this and can give me as much info as possible. Thank You Very Much!

della78
10-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi Im new here and my boyfriend has recently been taken to WRDCC. He is in Diagnostics and I would like to join this forum but don'tknow how to go about doing it :confused: . Please help! Thank you so much for giving a girl a hope of getting some info that the MODOC web sites don't provide.

Christy
10-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Hi Im new here and my boyfriend has recently been taken to WRDCC. He is in Diagnostics and I would like to join this forum but don'tknow how to go about doing it :confused: . Please help! Thank you so much for giving a girl a hope of getting some info that the MODOC web sites don't provide.

Once you join PTO, you are a member! Welcome!

For your other post there...he can get as much mail as you send. Be careful the amount of non-letter material you put in. He can only have 5 pages of things like newspaper clippings, magazine articles, printed internet material. He can have 10 pictures per envelope and nothing racy (nudity, etc). You can write as many pages of a letter as you want.

ram63565
10-25-2007, 06:05 AM
WElcome Della!! First off you have already joined the forum just by registering...easy, huh?:) My husband was semi-recently transferred from WRDCC so let me know how I can help. As far as mail goes you can send him however much you feel like writing him. In my experience, mail took a little bit to get thru the mailroom but there isnt a limit.
I cant really comment on how much of his sentence he will serve..it depends on so many things, i.e # of offenses, kind of offense, salient score...he'll eventually get a sheet from the DOC listing the percentages of time he'll have to do. He'll also be given a "level" up to 5 and that will determine which prison (Mo calls them camps) that he'll go to.
You CAN call about orientation before you fill out the visitation papers and you CAN visit (thru glass for one hour) before the final visitation papers. In my experience the people at WRDCC were pretty easy to talk to about visiting questions...just give them a call. I believe you may have to wait 30 days before you can visit..thats what is coming to mind..if I'm wrong someone will correct me.
This is a great Forum to get answers to your questions..there are some great guys and gals on here more than willing to help you out with every aspect of having a loved one in Prison. Ask Away!!
Welcome again!!

MrsPhillips
10-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Welcome della consider yourself apart of our family.

della78
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I appreciate all of the support! This is his only offense so hopefully the parol board will see that and let him out early. I do have a question about the pictures though. Can I send 10 pictures per envelope or total? He only has 4 now and always wants more so I would love to send him as many as I can. His mother and I are going to try and get up there to see him this coming Tuesday and I am VERY excited to see him! His father would like to go also but the info I have gotten says that he can only have 2 visitors and only 1 at a time after our orientation. If there is anything that you can think of that I have missed that we may need to know I would sure appreciate it. THNK YOU!!!!!!!!

nursecrachit
10-25-2007, 09:54 PM
you will have to wait 30 days before a visit when in diagnostics. my husband is on the treatment side at st joe's but they share a visiting room. if your coming from st louis,it is a straight drive but boring. st joe's is a big town, i was surprised! several motels close by if you are staying the night. i stayed at the days in for 55 a night. visiting room does not have a very good selection of foods and on both of my visits, the food machine were quite empty. the change machine was broke so make sure you have qtrs. dress very conservatively, no v neck, no shirts that may rise up in the back... you can wear your jacket inside but then will have to put it in a locker along with your keys before going up to visit. hope this helps.

della78
10-25-2007, 09:59 PM
we can go up for orientation and get a 1 hour visit during this 1st 30 days can't we?

ram63565
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
you will get to visit briefly (non-contact) right after orientation (at least according to the doc website).

nursecrachit
10-25-2007, 10:06 PM
we can go up for orientation and get a 1 hour visit afterward this 1st 30 days can't we?

DW, can you answer this? i believe you and the misses did the orientation visit somewhere didn't you?

nursecrachit
10-25-2007, 10:17 PM
oh one more thing, you don't want to visit the first weekend of the month. that is fmaily visits for dads and their kids and not a good time to go. long lines crowded room.

della78
10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
We are going to try to visit on 10/30. I just have to tell my boss that :(

della78
10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Is there a way that I can check to see how much money is on his books yet?

nursecrachit
10-26-2007, 05:22 PM
you can not check his books. only he is allowed to check and see thru the prison itself.

della78
10-29-2007, 08:21 PM
My house phone has reached its collect call limit and his call was blocked tonight. He has been calling me collect cause he hasn't had access to comissary yet and he can't get a calling card. I told his Mom and step Dad about PCS and they have used it with their cell phone so he could call his son when they have him. Is this the best way to pay for calls and not go TOTALLY broke? I hate not hearing his voice before I go to bed!

ram63565
10-29-2007, 08:28 PM
della, i have found PCS to be the cheapest way to go. I havent charged it up lately but if memory serves it was 10 cents a minute.

della78
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I feel like I'm being a Baby about this but I just want to cry cause I didn't get to talk to my boyfriend tonight. This is really going to be a long 2-6 years. I am totally struggling financially and I have nobody to ask for help with the bills cause my family thinks I'm in this position because of him. They forget that I have struggled financially most of my life and now they just blame everything on him. I don't talk to my dad or his side of the family anymore cause they just spread gossip and treat me like crap and I just avoid talking about him with my Mom and sis cause they don't want me to wait for him. Its not that they don't like him but they just don't want me to miss out on having children "in my prime" as my Mom says. Thank God for his family cause I truly don't think I could function if it weren't for them! He hung out with the wrong people when he was on drugs before we met and now we are having to pay the price! He has been clean since we have been together though! I get to go see him tomorrow HOPEFULLY!!!!!! It is a non contact visit but at least I can look in his eyes when I talk to him. What is up with the SNAIL MAIL? He hasn't gotten any of my letters since last Monday! I write him everyday and he has only gotten 2 letters in the time he has been there!

Urinmythoughts
10-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi, welcome! I learned something new too, didnt know you could send 10 pics total he told me 3.
As far as snail mail where are you and where is he? I know when mine was at ERDCC and im in Farmington we were getting letters very next day and we got spoiled by that for 3 weeks. Now since he is in Moberly he sent a letter Fri and yet to get it. So much for same day news loll.
Just depends on where you each are as far as mail. But overall I find it to run pretty fast.

Kim

ram63565
10-29-2007, 10:55 PM
If your guy is in Diagnostics still it may take a while for the mail to get thru. It did for us anyway when my husband was at St Joe.
No, you are not being a baby. You are going thru real, hard emotions and the only "cure" (if there is one) is time and a little self critique. there are going to be rough times ahead but some good ones sprinkled in there too.
You will find alot of support and opinions and answers on this board. The members are very willing to offer answers, advice and sometimes a well-needed "we are here for you".
You can vent or whatever you need and we will do what we can to either answer your questios or just be a shoulder to lean on.
Unfortunately we have all been there. Its rotten when anyone is starting a prison sentence....you have my prayers.
There are people on here from every walk of life, every age, gender and situation.
I hope you find some support and answers, I know we will all try.
A relationship with an inmate is one of the hardest things I can think of. No one else (family and friends) can or should make your life decisions for you. You know whats in your heart and haveyour answers inside. Some times finding those answers can be rough but they are there. Its rough to love someone who others think is "wrong" for you and you may find yourself torn...my best advice is to listen to your heart and think with your head and make decisions for yourself as you are the only one who has to live with the consequences.
Best of Luck!!

della78
10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Thank you so much for the support! I got to see him yesterday and it was wanderfull! How long once he gets out of diagnostics and is placed in a treatment program can he get CONTACT visits? Anybody know how long visits usually are when they are in treatment? Thanks!!!!

ram63565
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Great news!! I bet it did your heart a world of good to see him! I'm sorry I dont know about treatment programs but there are somehelpful ladies whose husbands are in a program now and I am sure they will come along with an answer for you :)

nursecrachit
10-31-2007, 07:39 PM
depends on what type of treatment program and length. if 180, then no calls or visits for weeks. first visit won't take place til after 30 days and he phases up... once he gets assigned to a camp, let us know and we can help more....

della78
11-01-2007, 03:52 PM
the treatment program is supposed to last 12 to 18 months! anybody know anything about the visitations fortreatments lasting that long?

nursecrachit
11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
sounds like he may then go to maryville or OCC. those programs run pretty much the same to start with visits and phone calls. they have to phase up at those places as well. there are people on here who have knowledge regarding both so just let us know where he is going and will answer your questions..

shadowwally
11-06-2007, 10:05 PM
They get visits after the first part of their program, which isn't too long i think. then they get visits one time a month for four hours, but there is one saturday a month that fathers get trainign about fatherhood or something and that's the wrong time to go. i think the visits are on saturday and maybe sunday, can't remember about sunday. you can take lots of quarters in a see through badge and your id up and that's it. they have lockers for your keys and coat etc. they are really nice and will tell you where to put your things and how to open the damn things. also, you get a hello hug, short, and kiss, mouth closed and the same before you leave. staff are great. guys really want the treats, like chips pop and ice cream so take those quarters. you can hold hands on the table. don't put your hands under the table. they're nice though if you are and just remind you. maybe i'm wrong about once a month but i don't think so. also make sure you have his doc number and his house number for letters, speeds things up. they call once a week at the same time and nite. kind of nice ot know. make sure he puts you on his list, you fill it out completely, including doc number, if in question call the office, send back and he will write you when you have been okay'd. that takes a while so should start on it right away on entering. all i can remember and that's a year old, so take it for what you will. marian

shadowwally
11-06-2007, 10:10 PM
oh by the way, for some reason when he was in rehab. if i remembre right he could only get two page letters so i would write both sides, on the side, everywhere. maybe i'm remembering this incorrectly but i'm pretty sure that's the way it was there. maybe rehab is different than regular prison, id don't really know. marian

shadowwally
11-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, crap Della, all the info i gave you was for the treatment side of st. joe and it's a 120 day program. sorry. ignore my posts. marian

brandyc501
11-09-2007, 05:59 PM
does anyone know if u can look up their canteen account to see how much money they have? and if i was to put money on his account if they would take it off if they owed court fees or anyother. my boyfriend said he thinks they took it off so i dont no if he would say that or if they did. thanks

Christy
11-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Only he has access to that information. There should be an ATM-type machine that will tell them what is on the account. We can't see it. If he owed anything, they would have taken it and left him a very minimal amount. This is a normal thing.

brandyc501
11-09-2007, 08:21 PM
ok thanks....do they still get state tip? cause he said he didnt think they did??

Christy
11-10-2007, 06:17 AM
They all get state tip. If he has a GED or HS Diploma, he will get the min of $8.50 a month. No GED or HS diploma, he gets $7.50. There are jobs that pay more than that a month, but anything he makes over $10 from the state, 10% of that will go into a savings account to be turned over upon release.

ram63565
11-10-2007, 08:51 PM
When a debt is owed anything above $5.00 is taken and applied to the debt. However if you send in only $5.00 at every canteen time they are allowed to get the whole five so if you send in 10 they'll only get 5 but you can send in 5 twice (on different days) and they will have a total of 10 to spend (5 at a time).

brandyc501
11-11-2007, 12:01 AM
ok thanks you guys. if i need to know more ill be sure to comebak and ask!!

jbendler_2008
01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
How do I find out what his Hu # is? i need it to mail my letter. Please help me!!!

Willitbe1118
01-30-2008, 10:00 PM
jbendler, just make sure you have his name and DOC number, he will get it
without the housing unit #.

nala08
02-06-2008, 08:23 AM
I am new here honey is still in county jail and was supposed to be leaving this morning to go to St Joe until he is assigned a camp, but they cancelle the transportation I guess due to the wether, thank god so I can see him today, didnt get to see him monday because jail is crappy and only had three phones on his non-contact floor that worked so couldnt visit already was full..

Anyway I was reading someplace on here that if they owe money for the crime victims fund that it will come out of there account before they can start spending any money, is that true? I believe that when he was sentenced the judge said he had to pay 68.00 can I pay that for him someplace so it doesnt come out of his account? Also I know that he will be sent someplace else just want to make sure I understand the phone call and visitation process posted on here. So basically while in processing he will only be able to call once a week at the same time and talk for ten minutes, he can only have one non-contact visit a month that last 2 hours, but I can attened family oriendtaion and have a short non-contact visit prior to my visitation form being returned to them, is that all correct?
I probaly alredy know the answer to this but are they checking to see if you have warrants or anything before they approve you for the vistor list? I have a warrant in Kansas for a traffic ticket that I forgot about, but plan to take care of this week so that I can se him but just wanted to know what they are checking on.

I know I will have more questions soon, thanks for any information you can give me now!

nursecrachit
02-06-2008, 08:49 AM
my suggestion would be to put more money on his account today to cover those charges before he is transferred. they will take it out of his account first.
while in diagnostics, he will fill out the visitor form and that one is not checked as it is a non contact. once he gets to his assigned camp, he will send you a form to fill out and that one IS checked. be honest and answer all. i believe the form says excluding traffic tickets but i can't remember for sure. once he gets to st joe for processing, you can call up there and get the rules clarified for you while in diagnostics. actually, you could call now if needing just generic answers...

also st joes had and is still having about a foot of snow so he may not get transferred this week...

nala08
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks just wondering becuase like i said I am new to this and dont really know all the rules on the camps. I was thinking that he may still be there until next week to becuse of the snow, I hope so , because then I can at least get a chance to visit him at the county jail again until they move him.
thanks again!

nala08
02-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Okay honey was finally transferred from county jail to WRDCC today. I called today about visitation and they told me that as long as he is not transferring from one state facility to another one that I can call on Tuesday to set up a friend and family visit? Anyone know what this is, from the DOC website it says that I will get info on how the whole thing works up there and then I will get a 2 hour non-contact visit, anyone got any info on this? Also is there like specific things that I should or shouldnt wear? I'm kinda scared I have been to the county jail before but never a prison so what can I expect?

nala08
02-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh and I havent talked to him at all today, so if I were to mail him a letter and didnt include his DOC number would he still get it? I just wanted to start writing him as soon as possible you know? And since he is only going to be there until they decide what camp he goes to, is there only a limited number of pages I can write to him?

nursecrachit
02-15-2008, 08:39 PM
you have to put his doc number on it. you can get it from vinelink...

Christy
02-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Wear something conservative...jeans and sweatshirt or sweater. Nothing too tight or revealing at all. No camoflauge or logos (some logos are okay, but until you get comfortable w/where he is perm, just don't). Stay away from white for a bit until you see what others are wearing. I ususually stick to jeans and sweater/sweatshirt type outfits. It's just easier.

nala08
02-16-2008, 10:44 AM

I didnt see it on vine link where should I be looking?

nala08
02-16-2008, 10:49 AM

Nevermind I think I found it, is it the offender id number? And this might sound really stupid but how should I address the letter?

Western Reception & Diagnostic Center
His Name and ID# or does have to say DOC#
street address
st joesph, mo xxxxx

Is that correct? I just dont want it to be returned for any reason at all!

Ladybug801
02-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Personally this is how I address things and they always go through so far anyway....knock on wood.

His Name and ID
Name of Center
HU and room # (optional)
Street address
City, State Zip

hope that helps:D

[quote=nala08]Nevermind I think I found it, is it the offender id number? And this might sound really stupid but how should I address the letter?

Western Reception & Diagnostic Center
His Name and ID# or does have to say DOC#
street address
st joesph, mo xxxxx

Is that correct? I just dont want it to be returned for any reason at all!

nursecrachit
02-16-2008, 10:52 PM
yes, the id number on vinelink and doc number is the same....

RRamer
02-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Our thirdy days are up. I've been approved for the visit, its on Saturday. Now What? Need some help in figuring out what to wear and all that goes along with the checking in.

RRamer
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
I got my visit Saturday. I was awesome getting to see him it has been almost two months since I last seen him. If any one needs to know the check in procedures or wants to know anything about a no contact visit I can tell you all about it. So if you got a question go ahead and ask. Thank you to all those who have helped me get to the place I am know.

Hopefully the next visit will be a contact visit at his final camp, he's got the tap sheet so I can't wait to know the date he gets to come home then I can count down.

Cheers :beer:

tranquilt
03-14-2008, 04:56 PM
I just found out that I get to go for the 2 hour non-contact special visit on March 28 to see my fiance. I can't wait to see him but I'm kind of nervous because I have no clue how things work to visit him there. Could you please explain how it was when you went so that I have an idea about how it works. I was especially wondering what time I should get there if my visit is scheduled for 6? Thanks a bunch!

nursecrachit
03-14-2008, 09:11 PM
you will go in the main door and walk up the the scanner machine(like at the airport). you will empty your pockets and slide everything thru and then you yourself will walk thru. it's best not to have a belt on and don't wear any jewlry other then a wedding ring. they will make you take earrings and watches off. walk up to the desk and there will be 2 sign in sheets. one for treatment and one for GP. you will sign his name and number. they will give you a key for a locker(which you will need a qtr for) to put your keys etc in. you'll then be directed to visiting. my husband was in treat ment so i am not sure wear the visits take place for non contact but i am sure someone can answer. don't wear anything low cut, no holes in jeans, no writing on blouse, and no white tops. they are kind of strict and will make you put on a scrub top if even the little in question. hope this helps...

sassy401
03-15-2008, 03:24 PM
hi my son went here this past monday. he called last night and said the money that went with him from county jail he wont get for at least 2 weeks. so i called the county jail where he was they said they sent it with whoever picked him up.( btw he is doing a 120 shock) anyway mon when he got there he said he went in the hold for 2 days. said everyone does. what days are cominsary? and should i western union him money?

RRamer
03-15-2008, 09:13 PM
When I got my 2 hour non contact visit. I had to go through the scanners had to take for all my jewerly including my engagement ring. The guard at the front desk pulled the visit from, checked my id, then I had to sign the visit form. Then the guard checked my clothes to make sure I had no logos on me anywhere. I had my sister with me so she held my keys and jewerly. They had him brought down, the guard led me to a door. The guard told me to sit down and once I was seated I could not get up. I was told if I wanted out to bang on the door. All but one room has a time counter so you know how much time you have left, and of course there is the glass and the phone to talk through. Just be prepared the hardest part is leaving.

nursecrachit
03-15-2008, 10:23 PM
hi my son went here this past monday. he called last night and said the money that went with him from county jail he wont get for at least 2 weeks. so i called the county jail where he was they said they sent it with whoever picked him up.( btw he is doing a 120 shock) anyway mon when he got there he said he went in the hold for 2 days. said everyone does. what days are cominsary? and should i western union him money?

commisary days are different depending in which HU he is in. you can send him money. he may only be able to buy neceassary items right now but the money will always be there for him.

nala08
03-17-2008, 03:07 AM
commisary days are different depending in which HU he is in. you can send him money. he may only be able to buy neceassary items right now but the money will always be there for him.

Yeah my fiance has been there about a month now (waiting to be tansferred) and he said that all they can get right now are personal hygiene products, and things to write letters with unless they are staying there then they might be acble to get more things.

sassy401
03-20-2008, 01:28 PM
i called up there today because i am getting worried i have not got a call or a letter since the 14th and they said he is not allowed calls for the 1st month is this true? also they said if he owed money 2 the court they take it, i knew that but how do i find out if he owed? all it says on casenet is a 46$ judgement. he was sent with 198$. lord i am so worried. also the day b4 he left county he had me bring him 100 stamps can he use them?
thank you for all your help.

MrsPhillips
03-20-2008, 02:40 PM
sassy401, I am not sure what to tell you everyone situation is different. Here is a web site that has useful information for Family and Friends who have loved ones in MDOC. http://www.doc.missouri.gov/ scroll down to where it says for family and friends and it has a pdf file of information that is useful for first timers.

nala08
03-21-2008, 03:51 AM
[quote=sassy401]i called up there today because i am getting worried i have not got a call or a letter since the 14th and they said he is not allowed calls for the 1st month is this true? also they said if he owed money 2 the court they take it, i knew that but how do i find out if he owed? all it says on casenet is a 46$ judgement. he was sent with 198$. lord i am so worried. also the day b4 he left county he had me bring him 100 stamps can he use them?
thank you for all your help.[/quote

In order for him to find out if he owes to the court and how much he has to send a kite to the buisness office and they will tell him, and this includes any money that he owes not only related to this case but if he has had any other state case. He did his taxes before he went in and he didnt recieve his state check because of money that he owed to the state, when on case.net it says that he only owes 68.00 for crime victims fund, but he found out that he still owes fines from when he was on house arrrest back in 2000 so he has to pay that off first. If they owe anything the only thing that they will get each month is the 7.50 that they get for state tip or something. Now as far as the phone calls the only thing that I know of about the 30 days is if he is be transferred there from one state facility then he may have to wait, or if he is there doing treatment then he has to wait, but you should be able to call and find out who his case manager is and they should be able to tell you that. And as far as the stamps go it just depends they may have him send them back or they might let him keep them. My fiance had to send his stamps back to me, but they let him keep the stamped envelopes that he had. But now that he is there he has to buy everything and I do mean everything from them so you wont be able to send him anymore stamps or envelopes.

nursecrachit
03-21-2008, 08:36 AM
the information above is correct, good job Nala. everyone has to pay the victim impact fee so you know he had that for sure. call and talk to his caseworker as suggested. if he is in treatment that would be the reason no call, but they will let you know.

nala08
03-21-2008, 11:43 PM
the information above is correct, good job Nala. everyone has to pay the victim impact fee so you know he had that for sure. call and talk to his caseworker as suggested. if he is in treatment that would be the reason no call, but they will let you know.

Hey I was excited to see a questions that actually knew the answer to, glad I could be helpful to somebody!

Jazzmin1951
04-16-2009, 10:12 AM
My son has been in WRDCC doing 120 day shock time....he has just been moved into the 'treatment' level. When he was in diagnostics he sounded really positive and upbeat when he would call and write...but since moving into treatment that has stopped.
I'm just curious as to what it is really like to actually 'be there'....He's very aprehensive when he speaks on the phone to me ...like he doesn't want anyone to hear what he is saying.

pinkkrazr
04-17-2009, 03:15 AM
My son has been in WRDCC doing 120 day shock time....he has just been moved into the 'treatment' level. When he was in diagnostics he sounded really positive and upbeat when he would call and write...but since moving into treatment that has stopped.
I'm just curious as to what it is really like to actually 'be there'....He's very aprehensive when he speaks on the phone to me ...like he doesn't want anyone to hear what he is saying.

WRDCC monitors their phone calls closely. More closely then many other places. Being in treatment is difficlut as far as you have "homework" to do. It is a lot of learning about your "feelings" and they do try and get to the root of the addiction. The guys are supposed to "tell" on each other for any violation, depending on your son that can be a stressful thing. Like anywhere else it is a new housing unit to get used to, new guys, new rules, new CO's. St. Joe isnt a bad place, not compared to other places. He is probablly just adjusting to the new routine of classes and things. His time is going to be more constructive and "busy" than before. I do believe treatment limits phone calls and what times they are available to use the phones etc. As far as not wanting anyone to hear what he is saying to you, more than likely he just hasnt gotten comfortable enough he has to always be careful because someone may be looking to tell on him for the simpilist little things!

brentsgirl2009
04-18-2009, 12:03 PM
I have followed you from Moberly post.. you are a wonderful lady for helping all of us learn what we need to and letting us know you are there for us. I greatly apperciate ALL you do.. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!:):)

pinkkrazr
04-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Thank you and your welcome. if you have any questions feel free to send me a message in case I dont see it around here. God Bless!

I have followed you from Moberly post.. you are a wonderful lady for helping all of us learn what we need to and letting us know you are there for us. I greatly apperciate ALL you do.. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!:):)

MrsPhillips
10-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Western Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/wrdcc.htm)
(C-1 to C-5 male)
3401 Faraon
St. Joseph, Mo. 64506
816-387-2158
Bill Burgess, Warden
http://www.doc.mo.gov/division/adult/wrdcc.htm

sandyhart
04-20-2010, 06:59 PM
My husband was sent to wrdcc 2 weeks ago. He has no prior, non violent, says low 2, good score three. I'm new here can anyone tell me how much time he may do? His original sentence was four years and he was put in for probation violation...does anyone know where he might be transfered too? Any help will be greatly appreciated...

jennmarket54
05-06-2010, 11:19 PM
I am a wreck!!! I'm new to all of this, can somebody PLEEEEASE help me to understand what's going on and what to excpet.... this is what I know, my husband was just taken away at court yesterday for 120 shock treatment i think they call it? for like prision treatment for alcohol and drug abuse... right now he is at clay county jail and neither him nor i have ANY idea what to expect?!?! his BS attorney told me not to worry that he is going to go to st joe and be evaluated and then go to a treatment center in st joe for 60 days then he's all done... BUT that doesn't make much sense, sounds like "lawyer talk" to me.... i don't see how just 60 days in treament can count for 120 days?!?! can someone PLEASE tell me how this process actually works, what are the REALISTIC timeframes that we are looking at, am i going to be able to keep visiting and talking to him on a regular basis, is he going to an actually treatment center or is a program that is held in the prison, is the evaluation thing at the prison, please please please someone help me figure this all out!!! thank u in advance!!!

Soopersue
05-12-2010, 08:01 PM
just trying to find out what kind of prison is wrdcc i think my brother level is 2 how do they treat their inmates

My guy was in Jackson County detention center for almost a year. He looks better, the food is hot, and they get more of it in WRDCC, he says it is a better atmosphere but they are locked down more, out of their cells less. He is lucky he is in a cell with one other guy...in the older building they can be up to 80 guys all in a large room type cell together. Some are in with 12 people altogether. But I can tell you he looks 100% better and seems more alive again. This is just my observation and what he has told me...some people might not have same experience. The deputy warden seems fair.

Soopersue
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
My husband was sent to wrdcc 2 weeks ago. He has no prior, non violent, says low 2, good score three. I'm new here can anyone tell me how much time he may do? His original sentence was four years and he was put in for probation violation...does anyone know where he might be transfered too? Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Go to MO DOC and download or print the handbook/guide for friends and family...it has lots of useful info. Also, there is a sentencing guideline you can search and use online to figure approx how much time they can get...but it is not 100% accurate...just give a range mostly after you plug your info in. Their are always factors you don't know about or think of...like if they are incarcerated, then it still counts against them that they were not employed during the previous 3 months...ridiculous I know. And traffic tickets do count against them if there are 3 or more!

Soopersue
05-12-2010, 08:16 PM
my boyfriend was sent there a few days ago and i called to see when he would be released and they said they couldn't tell me anything. how can you tell if any of the inmates have access to the computer there?

No computers

Soopersue
05-12-2010, 08:21 PM
My husband and I are looking for a friend that was just sent here. We are unsure if they can get online or when we can visit him. He would not know to put us on his visitors list because we have been out of contact for a while. We would really like to see him, or at least chat with him. Thank you for any information...
We are looking for Rusty Cooper, he has only been there a few days...

If he is in diagnostics then you can call 816-387-2158 on Tuesdays from 8:30 to 9:30 and ask about the friends and family meeting Tuesday nights. They will call you back and let you know if you are approved...you go to an hour long informational meeting and then get a 1 hour non contact visit.

scd123
06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Anyone have a loved one there for a 120 treatment? My boyfriend will be transferred there very soon, and I just want to know how things REALLY are there. I read every single post in this thread, and there was a lot of conflicting info...

How tough is it?
Phone call limitations?
84 and out? (my boyfriend told me that he will only do 84 days there because he gets credit for the diagnostic center he is at now (Fulton))
Housing situation? How many to a room?
Contact or non contact visits?
Can they smoke in there?
Anything else you think would be important...

If you could private message me that would be AMAZING. I post so much crap on here, I always forget where I post it, so I never see the replies.

Thank you very very much!

scd123
07-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Well, there isn't much action on this forum, and I know that a lot of people are probably looking for info. My boyfriend has been there for two weeks in the treatment section, so I know a little about it. They seem to have a lot of crazy rules. Like if you get caught loaning, borrowing or trading (LBT) you get written up. There is some kind of gold tile, and if you step on it you have a scrub it with a toothbrush. During class you have to sit with your palms down, or you are written up. No smoking except during smoke breaks. He said a lot of guys just got kicked out for smoking in the showers..etc. They seem to run it like a boot camp. He has 12 guys in his room, but another guy we know there only has 4 guys in his. My boyfriend wrote letters and used the abbreviation WRDCC, and they wouldnt mail them out for him. He had to write the whole thing out (control issue I think). I address all of mine as:

WRDCC
Inmate Name DOC #
Address

and it gets there just fine.

Before he got there I read a lot of horrible things about no phone calls for the first 30 days, and stuff like that. I have not found any of that to be true. He called me the day after he got transferred.

If you have a question, I might have the answer...Just PM me. I know there are a lot of ladies out there looking for answers about this place, and there just aren't enough here.

Hardt
07-07-2010, 10:14 PM
It sound like they are treating them like little kids in kindergarten. So stupid !!!

scd123
07-08-2010, 08:13 AM
It sound like they are treating them like little kids in kindergarten. So stupid !!!

Honestly, I think the goal is to break them. He knows that and he's not going for that!

scd123
07-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, there isn't much action on this forum, and I know that a lot of people are probably looking for info. My boyfriend has been there for two weeks in the treatment section, so I know a little about it. They seem to have a lot of crazy rules. Like if you get caught loaning, borrowing or trading (LBT) you get written up. There is some kind of gold tile, and if you step on it you have a scrub it with a toothbrush. During class you have to sit with your palms down, or you are written up. No smoking except during smoke breaks. He said a lot of guys just got kicked out for smoking in the showers..etc. They seem to run it like a boot camp. He has 12 guys in his room, but another guy we know there only has 4 guys in his. My boyfriend wrote letters and used the abbreviation WRDCC, and they wouldnt mail them out for him. He had to write the whole thing out (control issue I think). I address all of mine as:

WRDCC
Inmate Name DOC #
Address

and it gets there just fine.

Before he got there I read a lot of horrible things about no phone calls for the first 30 days, and stuff like that. I have not found any of that to be true. He called me the day after he got transferred.

If you have a question, I might have the answer...Just PM me. I know there are a lot of ladies out there looking for answers about this place, and there just aren't enough here.

I guess I should add that my boyfriend is on the treatment side of the prison, doing a 120. So this info probably isnt true for the other side.

Gary's Angel
10-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Hello everyone:) I am so thankful to have found this website. My best friend just transferred last week from Tipton Correctional Center. This is supposed to be the last thing he does before his release in 6 months. He is there for treatment, 180. They do things so differently. Can anyone help me with the rules and regulations for the treatment side of the facility? I have seen a few things here and there but am still unsure on certain things. He was able to have 1 15 minute phone call and that was it for the next 30 days. I know we can write back and forth but what are the guidelines for that? Is there a limit to how many pages he can receive? What about pictures? I know that he will go crazy without his mail and I would hate to send him stuff only to have it sent right back. Any and all help help is greatly appreciated.

Hardt
10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm sorry someone knowledgeable has not responded yet to your questions. All I can tell you is that 5 pages to a letter are okay. I'm not sure about pictures. No stickers. Keep it simple and it should go through okay until you learn more.

FreshStart2
10-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Not sure about this particular facility but my husband is in treatment at Farmington and they are allowed the same things as before. Basically the only things that have changed are the visitation days (second and fourth Sundays- 02:30-6:30) and the phone calls (scheduled 15 minute calls). Everything else remains the same as far as mail, etc.

scd123
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
I only know details about the 120 program at WRDCC. I have a feeling the 180 is more strict...but I'm not sure. I hope you find some answers!

Donnysgirl
03-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I am just wondering if anybody can tell me about visitations at the diagnostic at St. Joe, how many kids can visit?

cterry142006
06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Please provide the following information:

Prison Address

Prison Phone Number

Security Level

Visiting Hours/Days

Visiting Rules

Visiting Dress Code

Visiting - How much money you can take in

Mail Rules - what can and cannot be mailed in.

Superintendent Name

Local Accommodations / Prices / Food

Local support groups

Any other important information.

Please provide as much information as you know of the prison you are most familiar with so that we can build complete profiles of all the Missouri prisons.
where do i go to put money on my brothers books online

cterry142006
06-05-2011, 04:51 PM
can anyone help me out please

Hardt
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
cterri, hopefully you know your brother's inmate number. If you do, you can put money on his books by going to jpay http://www.jpay.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx If you don't know his inmate number, go to casenet.com and type in his name. His number will come up.

Hardt
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Whoops ! Sorry cterri, if you don't know your brother's inmate number go to vinelink.com
(not casenet) Click on Missouri, click on Offenders, enter his name and when his name comes up click on it to get his information including his inmate number that you can use to put money on his books through jpay.

longviewcc
01-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Yes my bF is in there and he heard that ppl on probation can visit any inmates especially me cuz I'm on probation for a dwi I got over a year and a half ago. And he's in there for his 6th dwi. We were together before I got it and before we went to wrdcc. So it is true I can't see him and he can't come back home????? I'm lost and need help I wanna see him so bad and love him so much can anyone help????

chadsgirl1978
01-31-2012, 07:27 PM
how long is the stay UPSTAIRS befor they actually get to the rehab program and is the time they are there before the REHAB go for the the 120 days this is at WRDCC

chadsgirl1978
01-31-2012, 07:31 PM
I am not sure but you can call the number and they lady that answers the phone will as for his DOC# and if you have that they will be able to answer you questions..........is your bf in the rehab program? I am lost on that....mine is in there and just got moved "upstairs" whatever that means.....If i get to talk to my fiance' i will ask if he knows but i have read on here i may not get to talk to him for 3 weeks:( that will be awful for our kids they have talked to daddy every nite.

chadsgirl1978
01-31-2012, 07:39 PM
I am so lost and you sound like you are going thru the same stuff i am, he is going to the treatment and has been there at WRDCC and he has called everyday but he called and said that he is getting moved upstairs what does that mean???? are they mean to them in there, and does the 120 really last 120 days??? I just want him to come home

mschellep
06-16-2012, 08:45 PM
My son is in the treatment center part in St. Joseph MO. Does anyone know about any ride share or carpooling from Kansas City, MO?

Justice4Gunnar
07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
My husband is going to the treatment part. His projectedpick up date from fulton is november, hve any of your loved ones gotten out early or picked up earlier than projected. We haVe two kids he hasnt met one been gone a year now and i am in california dont get to see him.

RiaP
10-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Can someone please help me. My fiance just got moved to here and i was just wondering when i can hear from him or visit him. Please help me. If anyone knows. Let me know how all this works.

katzmeow2012
10-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Can someone please help me. My fiance just got moved to here and i was just wondering when i can hear from him or visit him. Please help me. If anyone knows. Let me know how all this works.

Is he in treatment or diagnostics? If in diagnostics he can call when he has $ on his books, or securus. My husband calls daily 1-2x. He can send mail out, but he's never received mine and he's been there about 3 weeks. Diagnostics will do a visit every 30 days or the initial family/friends meeting & visit. I hope to go on Tuesday.

Read on here lots of info. Unfortunately it sucks there, and here waiting for them.

RiaP
10-10-2012, 02:26 PM
Is he in treatment or diagnostics? If in diagnostics he can call when he has $ on his books, or securus. My husband calls daily 1-2x. He can send mail out, but he's never received mine and he's been there about 3 weeks. Diagnostics will do a visit every 30 days or the initial family/friends meeting & visit. I hope to go on Tuesday.

Read on here lots of info. Unfortunately it sucks there, and here waiting for them.

He is on the treatment side doing 120 days. Sorry didn't get back earlier. He did call me after being there for a week but only could call once until the 26th now. I can't visit till after the 26th also. thank you again for answering for me.

RiaP
10-11-2012, 07:29 AM
If anyone want to chat with me i'm up for new friends. This is my first time on this and having a bf inside. It sucks not hearing from him. He said he sent me mail but haven't received it yet is that normal. He sent me the paper to get me approved to come see him but still haven't got anything yet is this normal.

RiaP
10-11-2012, 07:31 AM
I guess I should add that my boyfriend is on the treatment side of the prison, doing a 120. So this info probably isnt true for the other side.

Is he still in there.