View Full Version : Wayside / North County Correctional Facility

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MoReNoLuVzNoTtY
10-13-2004, 03:58 PM
Has any one ever went to visit a loved one at WaySide-or-North County Correctional Facility? If so any information about the place is appreciated. I've already visited the web site on lasd.org but it didnt tell me much about the visiting guidelines-and since PTO always seems to answer my ?'s I though I'd ask my fellow PTO'ers. My man will be thier for about another 2 months and I really want to be here for him as much as I could-so I am really hoping I can go and visit him this weekend- but I'm not sure if I need a visiting form completed prior to my visit? :confused: ????
PLEASE HELP!!!! :thumbsup:

MizzCandy
10-13-2004, 04:23 PM
From what I remember Wayside, or Pitchess Detention Center a visting form is not needed. I got there at about 7:30 am you have to stand in line fill out the form with his information on it then you wait in line get searched then take a bus up to the detention center they will tell you what bus to get on and so fourth then you go in a room they check your ID ahain and tell you what phone to sit at, (non contact) then you can be there for I think its an hour but that will be his visit for the entire weekend!

I think thats it! Good Luck!

Niightdrmr
10-13-2004, 04:37 PM
HI...
I moved your thread into the california forum hopefully you'll get more answers and help there.... :)

Kelly

MoReNoLuVzNoTtY
10-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Thankyou austins girl - I really want to see my man. Saturday will be a week since I've seen him and now that I can I want to go and visit him as much as possible~~>(cause once he catches the train he will be far far away) :(
Ive heard a couple differant visiting stories from people who have gone to visit someone up there-but yours seems like the best one so far...how long ago has it been since you went to see someone over thier?

pebbles98
10-14-2004, 12:13 PM
I use to go there every weekend to visit my friend. He's there now. But i really dont talk to him. Visiting there is not bad. You get two half hour visits or 1 1 hour visit per weekend. The bad part is the no contact. The lines usually get long arounf 10 so try to be there early. Youll fill out a form and then like austingirl said you get on a bus for like a 10 drive up the hill. There you go and wait for them to tell you where to go. Its not bad.

MoReNoLuVzNoTtY
10-14-2004, 01:03 PM
I Heard There Was A Form That Must Be Filled Out Prior To The Visit That Had To Be Signed By The Prisoner...is That True?

pebbles98
10-14-2004, 01:13 PM
No. I never had to do that. The only form they have you fill out is when you get there. you have to have there name and booking #. Anyone can just show up for visits.

Jen661
10-14-2004, 01:16 PM
No the form that has to be signed by the inmate and approved is for State Prisons not county jails. Wayside is a county jail so you don't have to go through an approval process.

I went there every weekend before my man got transferred to a state. Get there early because the lines do get long!

Have a good visit!

oh yea you either get 2- 1/2 hour visits (1 sat and 1 sun) or you can have 1- 1 hour visit sat OR sun

MoReNoLuVzNoTtY
10-14-2004, 01:44 PM
Thank You - You All Have My Week!!!!!!!! :yay: I WILL GO AND SEE MY MAN ON SUNDAY FOR AN ENTIRE HOUR AND IT WILL BE ALL GOOD!!!!!!

MizzCandy
10-14-2004, 01:46 PM
Have a fun visit! And yes the lines can get long but like I said its been about a year and a half since I have been!

pebbles98
10-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Have a great visit. Wish i was going too.. To bad hes not talking to me..

kreepsgirl
10-14-2004, 02:38 PM
It is way better than Men's Central! The lines arent long, the only bad thing is no contact. Have fun!

pacosgirl
10-14-2004, 02:43 PM
Are you talking about way side in castaic lake by magic mountain? If you are you don't need a visiting form just your driver license no dress code and you visit for 1hr one day or you can break it to 2 30minutes on saturday and sunday, you visit behind the glass it okay I guess it's alot better than LA County Jail...

MoReNoLuVzNoTtY
10-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Yup it sure seems that way-the county takes hours, and hours, and hours-thier are so many baby mommas it isnt even funny!!!!! My mijo was there last weekend and I spent over 7 hours thier & that was just for a 15 minute visit. The county isnt no joke and I sure am glad my man has been moved from that place.

MoReNoLuVzNoTtY
10-14-2004, 02:57 PM
Are you talking about way side in castaic lake by magic mountain? If you are you don't need a visiting form just your driver license no dress code and you visit for 1hr one day or you can break it to 2 30minutes on saturday and sunday, you visit behind the glass it okay I guess it's alot better than LA County Jail...
YUP I SURE AM :yes: THATS THE PLACE - THANXZ I SURE FEEL ALOT BETTER ABOUT THE DRIVE UP THIER...AT LEAST NOW I AM PRETTY CONVINCED THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE MY MIJO!!!!

TheForgoten1
03-14-2005, 05:58 PM
yeah mens central sucks wayside is more worth it but if he does go to men central go on a thursday be there at nine am u get in by 1030 and they call him pretty quick but only 15 min never go on sunday its hell but yeah wayside cool good luck nice vist

loving my baby
04-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Does anyone have information on ESTF in CA. I called the inmate information number and they said its called Wayside. Where is that located? The operator was being rude so I didnt have my questions answered. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jdcjmc1
04-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Wayside is near Magic Mountain in Valencia. If you take the 5 freeway get off at I belive it is Magic Mountain Pkwy or the next off ramp. It is actually called Richard. J. Pitchess Honor Rancho not wayside. Sorry i do not have any info.. I believe it is part of the la county sherriffs or try www.cdc.com

03 B&C
04-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Visits at Wayside are:

1. Saturday and Sunday. 30 minutes each day or 1 hour on either day.

No appointment needed just long lines.

PT ROSE
04-09-2005, 06:22 AM
Pitchess Detention Center - North Facility
29320 The Old Road, Castaic, CA 91384

Pitchess Detention Center - East Facility
29310 The Old Road, Castaic, CA 91384-2905

North County Correctional Facility (NCCF)
29340 The Old Road, Castaic, CA 91384-2905

General Inmate Information, call: 213-473-6080 or visit the website at: www.lasd.org (http://pajis.lasd.org/ajis_search.cfm)

http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/nccf/nccf_sm.jpg

VISITORS - Please review the following topics below:

* Visitor's Registration information
* Rules for Visitors
* Parking
* Visiting Area
* Specific Information for
Official and Unofficial Visits

VISITING DAYS - GENERAL PUBLIC:
Members of the general public may visit inmates at any Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Jail Facility. Visiting is conducted each Saturday and Sunday, and on the following holidays:
New Years Day - Memorial Day - Independence Day
- Labor Day - Thanksgiving Day - Christmas DayVISITING HOURS AND NUMBER OF VISITORS:
- Visitors registration is from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Inmates are allowed a total of two visits per visiting day.
- Visits will not exceed a total of one hour each weekend.
- Holiday visiting on weekdays will not exceed 30 minutes each day, and will be in addition to the regular weekend visits.
- Holiday visiting on weekends will be counted as regular visits and will not exceed 30 minutes each day.
- Visitors who are minors will be permitted to visit inmates when accompanied by an adult.
- Inmate wives who are minors will be allowed the same visiting privileges as adult visitors
- Minor sons or daughters of inmates, are permitted to visit their inmate father without
the company of an adult.
- Three adult visitors are permitted each visit.

Location/Directions:
5 Fwy North to Hasley Canyon Road; sign will read 'Hasley Canyon Road to Wayside Honor Rancho';
bear right onto off-ramp; once on Hasley Canyon
Road turn left onto The Old Road -
the road to the entrance to the facilities will be

on the right. http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-east/pdce_map2.gif

http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/nccf/nccf-parking.gif http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-east/pdce_map1.gif

FLOWS LIL MAMA
10-29-2005, 03:17 PM
YUP I SURE AM :yes: THATS THE PLACE - THANXZ I SURE FEEL ALOT BETTER ABOUT THE DRIVE UP THIER...AT LEAST NOW I AM PRETTY CONVINCED THAT I WILL BE ABLE TO SEE MY MIJO!!!!

WHEN YOU GO TO WAYSIDE YOU WILL GO IN THE REGISTRATION LINE AND FILL OUT A FORM WHERE YOU PUT THE INMATES INFORMATION. THEN YOU ARE GIVEN A NUMBER. YOU WILKL SIT UNTIL YOUR BUS COMES. THEN YOU WILL GET ON THE BUS AND HEAD UP THE HILL TO THE JAIL. WHEN YOU GET OFF THE BUS YOU WILL WAIT IN ANOTHER LOCATION AND STAND IN LINE THERE AND THEN YOU WILL GIVE THEM AGAIN THE INMATES INFORMATION. YOU WILL WAIT UNTIL THEY CALL HIS NAME THEN YOU WILL GO TO THE VISITING AREA. ITS BEHIND A WINDOW AND YOU WILL BE GIVEN 30MIN TO AN HOUR. HEY I WANTED TO HEAD UP THERE TO MY MANS THERE ALSO WHERE DO YOU LIVE MAYBE WE CAN DRIVE UP THERE TOGETHER. I DONT HAVE A CAR AND I REALLY WANT TO GO. I LIVE BY STAPLES CENTER.
GOOD LUCK,
FLOWS LIL MAMA

FLOWS LIL MAMA
10-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey I Need Help!! My Man Is In Wayside Jail And He Has Been There For 6 Months. We Have 2 Girls Together. I Just Recently Found Out That He Has Another Son By Another Girl That Is My Youngest Daughters Age. I Confronted Him Over The Phone About It But He Said He Wants To Be With Me And Not The Other Girl. I Dont Know What To Do I Love Him To Death But I Dont Want To Put My Girls In A Bad Situation. He Will Be Realesed In Febuary. What Shall I Do???

MizzCandy
06-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Does anyone, or has anyone taken the bus up to Wayside in Castaic, CA? To visit at the detention center? I see women walking all the time, but I dont know what bus they are taking. I figure its good info for other ladies!

flwrgal
06-06-2006, 10:39 PM
:confused: Whare are you comming from?

MizzCandy
06-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Not for me personally, but I have seen women and overheard them talking from standing in line and I know they come from like the Los Angeles area, I tried myself to route a trip, but it is hard as heck! :hmm:

I see you live in that area, do you know of what buses come from like the Santa Clarita Station that go that way and also go back down to Los Angeles?

Any info would help! Thanks!

LA_STROLLER
06-13-2006, 01:25 AM
You take the Metrolink Antelope Valley train and get off at the Newhall station. You'll see a lot of girls waiting for the Santa Clarita bus line #1 heading towards Six Flags. The bus stop is right in front of the train station (you don't even have to cross the street) and you could get on the bus for free with your train ticket. You get off somewhere along Hasley Canyon Rd and just follow the girls to the Sherrif's bus which takes you to the Facility.

I just followed the girls my first time. My friend got the instructions from the inmate reception center. They gave her a copy of the directions. I would call and ask them to get a copy. (213)473-6100 Good luck!

i love my baby
11-09-2006, 11:05 PM
hey have u girls tried it

Rudy'sWIFE
11-20-2006, 09:47 PM
i need a ride to wayside! A.s.A. P .i'll help pay gas! i dont drive! my cousin's there and i wanna see him again! plez! help!

lady_napolean
01-20-2007, 04:10 PM
You take the Metrolink Antelope Valley train and get off at the Newhall station. You'll see a lot of girls waiting for the Santa Clarita bus line #1 heading towards Six Flags. The bus stop is right in front of the train station (you don't even have to cross the street) and you could get on the bus for free with your train ticket. You get off somewhere along Hasley Canyon Rd and just follow the girls to the Sherrif's bus which takes you to the Facility.

I just followed the girls my first time. My friend got the instructions from the inmate reception center. They gave her a copy of the directions. I would call and ask them to get a copy. (213)473-6100 Good luck!
OH MY GOD!!! Thank you oh so very much for this VERY helpful information!

baby_hazel
04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
[quote=MoReNoLuVzNoTtY]Has any one ever went to visit a loved one at WaySide-or-North County Correctional Facility? If so any information about the place is appreciated. I've already visited the web site on lasd.org but it didnt tell me much about the visiting guidelines-and since PTO always seems to answer my ?'s I though I'd ask my fellow PTO'ers. My man will be thier for about another 2 months and I really want to be here for him as much as I could-so I am really hoping I can go and visit him this weekend- but I'm not sure if I need a visiting form completed prior to my visit? :confused: ????
PLEASE HELP!!!! :thumbsup:[/quote}

baby_hazel
04-25-2007, 10:57 AM
well i my brother is in wayside and no you do not have to fill out a visiting form,just take your I.D,but be there early,way before 8am,because there is a long line and long wait...and you might not be able to see him....

KUBANALUVSDOOMS
04-30-2007, 09:31 PM
No, you will not need to fill out a visiting form. Make sure you take a valid California picture I.D. My man was in wayside for about 5 months... When he was in there was when all the latino on blacks riots started to the point where they had to segregate...and started the 30min. visits due to the amount of latino inmates getting visits. Its not so...bad! I would say get there by 6a.m, the line is huge. When I would visit I would try to get there in time for the first bus. Good luck. Hope this helps...

As for Mens Central Jail, what a hassle it is just to get a 15min. visit. Thank goodness my man was only there for 2weeks tops. My boy was just in there about 2 months ago for violation to his probation and was released early, from my understanding, over-crowding.
I do believe county is more violent than prison.
Since my man has been in prison, its been harder on me, due to denial of visits. Although, it has helped my man besides the loneliness to become more mature to his situation and on having a new perspective on life.

This is my month. =]].
After 1 year, his last year...I`m sure of it! He will never and I will repeat NEVER have to see those 4 walls again. This is one hardship that has changed the both of us for the better.

[quote=MoReNoLuVzNoTtY]Has any one ever went to visit a loved one at WaySide-or-North County Correctional Facility? If so any information about the place is appreciated. I've already visited the web site on lasd.org but it didnt tell me much about the visiting guidelines-and since PTO always seems to answer my ?'s I though I'd ask my fellow PTO'ers. My man will be thier for about another 2 months and I really want to be here for him as much as I could-so I am really hoping I can go and visit him this weekend- but I'm not sure if I need a visiting form completed prior to my visit? :confused: ????
PLEASE HELP!!!! :thumbsup:[/quote}

Shy Grl
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
you should get there early... doors open at 8am but you should be there no later than 7 because the lines get extremely long! the process takes up atleast half your day! its one exit after magic mtn pkwy. youll see a sign that says pitchess detention center and you follow the signs. its much faster if you dont take a purse and just take in whats neccessary maybe a pen and just your keys unless you have kids ofcourse. They used to give an hour visiting but now they only give 30 min. visiting is on sat. and sun. 8am - 2pm. i have 2 friends in wayside. one is east facility and the other in supermaxx (nccf).

tink1078
01-02-2008, 04:05 PM
My husband is at Pitchess Detention Center East in Castaic...are any of your men there? If so, do you have any info about it. He's waiting for his Parole Hearing right now. I want to visit this weekend...

Thanks! :-)

sunmoon728
01-03-2008, 01:31 AM
mine was at east and it gets crowded. i think saturday is less crowded than sundays. and depending if he is general population or with the surenos. i've waited about 45 minutes before they actually brought them out. other times i waited about 15 minutes. the windows are small and have wire between them.

My husband is at Pitchess Detention Center East in Castaic...are any of your men there? If so, do you have any info about it. He's waiting for his Parole Hearing right now. I want to visit this weekend...

Thanks! :-)

Kidoe594
01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
My husband is there. East facility. I usually wait 45 montues before going to the visiting room. Once there, it takes about 10 mintues for them to come out. I dont know why, but lately they only let me see him 30 minutes, not an hour :(

My husband waited there too for his parole hearing....I suggest you just go visit, he'll get his hearing 14 days after his been there

ganisha
01-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Mine is in Pitches. He likes it better there than super max. I think he is south. It is small and is a tester program for guys over 40. NO POLITIC. It is absolutely not allowed. I police will remove you in 20 min. Very nice as far as jails go. You can go up every Saturday and Sunday and every major holiday. It is COLD up there and windy… take a big coat and scarf.

Jesarae1982
02-06-2008, 05:18 PM
My Man Is In Wayside.. Has Been Now For Over 2 Years Fighting His Case. Visiting Is Not Too Bad... Saturday's Are Better Than Sunday's

MzQuis
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM
The visits use to be an hour long now its only 30 minutes, but you get in there quick

MRS.ADG53
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Anyone In La Area Wanting A Ride To Wayside Ten Bucks Let Me Know "i Leave Early Though" Email Me aquteen'tasty2@yahoo.com

mrsgolden
05-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey all my people it been a hard week without my boo.can't wait to get a letter or something from him.:mad::mad:

elizabe96
05-29-2008, 02:45 PM
how long has he been there?

sunmoon728
05-30-2008, 01:09 AM
east facility gets packed on sundays. i think saturdays are better. and it is better if you get there early because at East Facility it takes pretty long for them to bring the inmates out. once i waited 30 minutes for them to bring them out!

DANIELA213
05-30-2008, 08:22 AM
I usually dont get there until like 11:00-11:30 and theres no line outside.. i'm already in visit within an hour... I used to go early but its wwaayy to crowded.... oh and i go saturdays cuz sundays are ridiculous.....just my advice

D4C
05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
Does anyone have information on ESTF in CA. I called the inmate information number and they said its called Wayside. Where is that located? The operator was being rude so I didnt have my questions answered. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

East Max visiting is a pain no matter when you go, but earlier is definately better.

The LASD Inmate Info line is answered by inmates, so you never know if you're gonna get someone w/ a bad attitude or someone who's in a good mood...plus the information that they have is limited.

mrsgolden
05-30-2008, 03:23 PM
i looking for a ride to delano.

sunmoon728
05-31-2008, 01:27 AM
I didnt know that the lines were answered by inmates. is that how they find out other inmates reason on why they are there? and do they have a computer or how do they know why there in there.

[/qoute]The LASD Inmate Info line is answered by inmates, so you never know if you're gonna get someone w/ a bad attitude or someone who's in a good mood...plus the information that they have is limited.[/quote]

D4C
05-31-2008, 12:17 PM
The LASD doesn't provide the reason for arrest anymore (they used to) all they tell you is if it's a misdemeanor or a felony. I don't know the extent of the info that the imnates are privied to, but I wouldn't think it's any more than what you can get online.

greeneyesgirl31
05-31-2008, 12:31 PM
There's also another off ramp you can take to wayside too I think it's called haleys. I haven't been there in a awhile since my man was sent to salinas. When you exit off that exit then you make a left turn and at the next light make another left turn and then next light make a right and you are there. Some people say visiting on saturdays is better because it's less people but there are times where it's crowed as well. Just keep your figure crossed.

johanssons_babe
06-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Check out lasd.org
It gives you information of where your loved one is and what the visiting regulations are as well as mail too. It gives you all his case info and where he is placed, just click the inmate information tab on the left side.

I have driven up there the past 3 weekends... I have always gotten their eairly but I notice when I get out, usually around 11... there is NO LINE!! Its just up to you what time you want to be out of there. I have gotten their at 8am and been in a line from the begining of the parking lot and I am still out of their by 11am. It doesnt take that long, at least with my experience last month. First time ever visiting somone in jail and I can honestly say I have had no issues at Pitchess Detention center. You cant bring your cell phone and no bottle openers on your keys. They also search your purse,if you bring one, and you cant have anything with a mirror, eyelash curler or anything glass (fountation) I always bring a purse and just keep a book my wallet and a pen...Security is never an issue with me.

With my experience the line moves pretty good.. like I stated I am always out of there by 11 reguardless of what time I get their. I only go on saturdays because sundays is his time with the family :)

Hes at the East facility, I have never waited more than 15 min from the time I check in at East facility to see him. I am always in the line against the wall, not the line on the benches, seems like that line takes longer. I just check in and they given a number to a window and magically he appears!! Where is your loved one at?? I have only been to the east facility.

They have vending machines inside the bus loading area, so bring some change I always get thirsty :)

I dont know if any of this helps, seems like you got some other great replys. Any questions I can answer let me know!!!

Oh if you decided to exit on Magic Mt Pkwy Pitchess detention turn off with be on your left, if you coming from the north bound 5, Signs are posted but I missed it at first... there is a big picture of a sherrif star on the turn off to pitchess detention.. Hope all this helps!!! STAY STRONG!

Mrs. Magic
06-06-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm going to go see my nephew this weekend Sunday can I take him money and can I get him something to eat or how does the visit work is it behind glass? this is my first time. He is in North facility whatever that means

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-06-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm going to go see my nephew this weekend Sunday can I take him money and can I get him something to eat or how does the visit work is it behind glass? this is my first time. He is in North facility whatever that means

Unfortunately, Wayside is a 30 minute visit behind glass.

DANIELA213
06-06-2008, 08:16 AM

ITS ONLY BEHIND GLASS SO YOU CANT BUY HIM ANYTHING TO EAT.. YOU CANT EVEN PUT MONEY IN HIS BOOKS AT WAYSIDE ANYMORE :(

Mrs. Magic
06-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Thank You "always" And "daniela" For Your Response That Was Very Helpful.

waysidelakes
06-09-2008, 10:43 PM
Hi,
I'm new to this forum.
My son is in PDC East.
We were hoping for him to be release today, but he was sentenced to 5 more months.

My question is...
There is a sign on the door at the visitor center about a T.A.L.K. program?
Something to do with children visiting their fathers.
Does anyone know about this? I did not have a pen to get the phone number.

My son has a 2 year old boy whos mother passed away in February.
I would like them to see each other than at the window. (The little guy
would not be up for the normal ordeal we adults go through).
I don't won't him to forget his dad.

Thanx

D4C
06-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi, I'm sorry I don't know about the talk program, but I just wanted to say that I've taken my 2year old to see my boyfriend when he was at wayside & he did ok. I usually brought some paper & crayons for him to color, and some toys & snacks. He'd get on the phone & talk his head off. He loved going. He'd get a little bored sometimes, but all in all, he was pretty good.

waysidelakes
06-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the reply.

But I don't think regular visiting would work for the little guy.
He doesn't speak yet and may be autistic... very hard to control
with a short attention span.

I'll get the number when I go up there Saturday, but most likely
the program is no longer available (the info is on the same sign
that lists the cashiers hours... which is gone also).

We stopped downtown to put money on his book last weekend
but my wife said there was a hundered people in line.
She ended up going on Monday morning.

They make everything hard on the families. Only one way/place to
give money. One place to park for $7.
It really sucks.

CHRISSYROB
06-13-2008, 12:19 PM
dont trip time will fly, in the whole scheme of things whatever kinda of time youll do with these men will go by in a blink of a eye. my old man just got 2 with 80% sucks miss him alot i just got my 2 year old son a shirt that says in big letters 2 with 80% and on the back all his charges soooo funny

CHRISSYROB
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately, Wayside is a 30 minute visit behind glass.

I thought it was a hour visit?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I thought it was a hour visit?

One hour a weekend. They used to allow you to take both 30 minute visits in one day for an hour visit but that's not the case anymore! I know....sucks!! At least since he got 80% he may qualify for half time with the bridging program if he is eligible. Good luck sweetie! :)

D4C
06-13-2008, 02:55 PM
They make everything hard on the families. Only one way/place to
give money. One place to park for $7.
It really sucks.

actually, you can also put money on their books at the women's jail in Lynwood (alameda & imperial).

waysidelakes
06-15-2008, 01:52 PM
actually, you can also put money on their books at the women's jail in Lynwood (alameda & imperial).

Thanks again for the info. :)
The womens jail is close to my route home from work.
I might give that a try.

I wrote the the number for the T.A.L.K. program, but it is only at the South Facility on Saturdays. The number is 661-295-8050. Maybe that could be of help to someone.

Yesterday was very emotional for us all. It was the first visit since his courtdate.
November seems so far away.
We got there at 7:00 am and saw him at 9:12. It was the fastest time yet.
Just got to get there early.

I chose the name 'waysidelakes' because my son and I would go fishing in the area
at either Castaic Lake or Piru. So ironic.

We got him a calling card and are waiting for his call today.
But we won't be celebrating Fathers Day this year.

Also a quick question...
I've been reading about the virtual phone numbers for inmates to use and pre-paid collect calling cards. Do anyone know which service works or works best for wayside?
The collect calls we get are through AT&T and they don't come thru.

chocolatema
06-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Ladies there is also a program called J-Pay where u can put money on inmates books I think it goes thru Western Union. My sister told me about it I will get the information and pass it on ASAP

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Ladies there is also a program called J-Pay where u can put money on inmates books I think it goes thru Western Union. My sister told me about it I will get the information and pass it on ASAP

Just a FYI...jpay is only for inmates in State Prison. Unfortunately you can't use it for county inmates! :thumbsup:

Judeca
06-16-2008, 05:25 PM
FYI - If you do go to Lynwood - they charge $3.00 to park, even if you are only there for a minute - but it's better than going downtown to Men's Central, there it's $7.00.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
06-16-2008, 05:32 PM
You can always try parking across the street near the bailbonds (not in the parking lot) but on the street directly across from Tower 2. It's 1 hour parking...free! That's where I used to park. It's best to go on non visiting days or after visiting hours. Best of luck! = )

waysidelakes
06-16-2008, 11:28 PM
I went to Lynwood this evening... way too easy!

Getting there after their normal business hours I didn't have to pay for parking.
I walked right to up the cashier window, (no waiting), took care of business,
and walked back to my car, all in about 5 minutes!
Nice!

The cashier was even friendly! (The cashiers downtown seemed to hired
based on rudeness.)

novakane6
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
how do i get up to wayside? im in los angeles

novakane6
03-12-2009, 11:05 PM

can i still use this way to get up there?

grayworldangel
04-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I doesn't much surprise me that they wouldn't discuss medical issues with you...there is a huge Federal penalty for doing that, now. On the other hand, your brother's health is way too important to sit back and let them do nothing.

First, call the jail Watch Commander. If that doesn't work, call anyone else who will listen, including the news. Don't stop trying, your brother's health is too important.

Awhile ago, I posted this contact info for people to call in outrageous situations:

Call the public contact desk at Sheriff's Headquarters at: (323) 267-4800 and demand to file a complaint. (phone number from sheriff's web site)

Or, try calling the head guy in charge of the jails:
Chief Alexander R. Yim, Correctional Services Division, (213) 893-5018
(number from from: //lacounty.info/omd/q3_2007/cms1_068870.pdf)

The ACLU is paid to keep track of abuse by the Sheriffs. Try calling them:
ACLU of Southern California
1313 West Eighth St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 977 9500 Phone
(213) 977-9543 (accepts collect calls)
(213) 977-5209 (does not accept collect calls)
(213) 977 5299 Fax

You could also try:
The Office of Independant Review
4900 South Eastern Avenue, Suite 204
Commerce, CA 90040 323-890-5425

Depending on where you live, you can call your County Supervisor:

Yvonne B. Burke
Supervisor, Second District
Population: 2,067,436
Square Miles: 158
Room 866
213-974-2222
Fax #: 213-680-3283
E-Mail: SecondDistrict@bos.lacounty.gov

Gloria Molina
Supervisor, First District
Population: 2,091,996
Square Miles: 228
Room 856
213-974-4111
Fax #: 213-613-1739
E-Mail: molina@bos.lacounty.gov

Zev Yaroslavsky
Supervisor, Third District
Population: 2,038,939
Square Miles: 432
Room 821
213-974-3333
Fax #: 213-625-7360
E-Mail: zev@bos.lacounty.gov

Don Knabe
Supervisor, Fourth District
Population: 2,009,053
Square Miles: 428
Room 822
213-974-4444
Fax #: 213-626-6941
E-Mail: don@bos.lacounty.gov

Michael D. Antonovich
Supervisor, Fifth District
Population: 2,077,868
Square Miles: 2,838
Room 869
213-974-5555
Fax #: 213-974-1010
E-Mail: FifthDistrict@lacbos.org

grayworldangel
04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I've found some more people to call. They try to hide their phone numbers, but I'm pretty good at finding things. :-)

I'm not sure about this person, but her "DrPH means Doctor of Public Health...so it seems likely that she has something to do with medical stuff.
Karen S. Dalton, DrPH, CJM. Program Manager. Sheriff. (213) 893-5882
(from qpc.co.la.ca.us/cms1_117965.pdf)

Again, I don't know exactly what "Services" he does, but maybe it includes health services.
Lt. Robby Ibelle. Inmate Services Unit. 450 Bauchet Street. Room E888. Los Angeles, CA 90012. (213)893-5111
(from lacounty.info/bos/sop/supdocs/32710.pdf)

Then, this one is the Chief of Custody Division. It seems that he is the man in charge of all the jails.
Dennis Burns, Chief
Tower #1, 450 Bauchet Street, Room E-801
Los Angeles CA 90012
(213) 893-5001
(from http://www.bdcorr.ca.gov/RFC/Directories/directory.asp?action=L&dir=ATP)

PBslilsister
04-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Thank you so much. I have the family advocate back on it. He's been trying for a week. They aren't even helpful to people who work in the system but he's trying. I will wait a few more days then start calling these numbers if the advocate can't get the info. Thanks again, these are important numbers to have.

D4C
04-15-2009, 03:19 PM
There is another way too. you take the blue line to 7th & metro center and then get on the red line to north hollywood. from the north hollywood station you take the 224 to the sylmar metrolink station. Then you get on the Santa clarita transit #8 to McBean transit center. From there you take the #1 to hasley canyon road. I know this way works.... I do it every weekend.

vnessa143
04-15-2009, 06:27 PM
I was looking in to taking the train/bus up there jsut because it would help save on gas and I'm not stuck driving for 2 hours. But it sounds like a whole big process cause I'm in OC!!!

South Bay
04-19-2009, 11:50 AM
I've found some more people to call. They try to hide their phone numbers, but I'm pretty good at finding things. :-)

I'm not sure about this person, but her "DrPH means Doctor of Public Health...so it seems likely that she has something to do with medical stuff.
Karen S. Dalton, DrPH, CJM. Program Manager. Sheriff. (213) 893-5882
(from qpc.co.la.ca.us/cms1_117965.pdf)

Again, I don't know exactly what "Services" he does, but maybe it includes health services.

Lt. Robby Ibelle. Inmate Services Unit. 450 Bauchet Street. Room E888. Los Angeles, CA 90012. (213)893-5111
(from lacounty.info/bos/sop/supdocs/32710.pdf)

Then, this one is the Chief of Custody Division. It seems that he is the man in charge of all the jails.
Dennis Burns, Chief
Tower #1, 450 Bauchet Street, Room E-801
Los Angeles CA 90012
(213) 893-5001
(from http://www.bdcorr.ca.gov/RFC/Directories/directory.asp?action=L&dir=ATP)

Lt. Robbie Ibelle is in charge of Inmate Services for the entire LA County Jail system. I've dealt with him in regard to the GTL phone contract, and found he's a straight shooter who will try to help. He prefers to receive queries via email (or at least follow-up info after a phone call to this office).

His email address is: ribelle@lasd.org (ribelle@lasd.org)

South Bay

JailsProject
04-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Since the doctors in the jail "approved" him for the shoes, they are supposed to let you (or anyone) bring the shoes. Unfortunately, I can’t remember the exact brand and the person who would know works the morning shift. His name is Deputy John Mcnicholas (he is the medical liaison) and he should be able to assist you – (main number: 213-974-4921 or 974-4916). He is there during morning shift (appx 6am-2pm, M-F). The medical services might be helpful as well - 213-893-5445 (9am-5pm M-F). I am not sure how much they cost. If your brother is indigent, inmate services will sometimes be able to assist getting the shoes. Lt. Ibelle is the person to contact for that. If you continue to have problems, or they won't listen, you can call me. My name is Mary - 213-977-9500 x 281.

JailsProject
04-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Here's the info on the shoes allowed in the jails. And yes, they are about $60.
Footsmart
Propet Men's slip on
Item #70046
Tan or black if tan is not available

grayworldangel
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
I hadn't heard of the used book angle, but the sheriff's policy is that books must come from " a publisher or book store." Used books are a great idea to save money. I've used abebooks.com to buy books for myself in the past. I don't see why they wouldn't send books to the jail.

South Bay
06-25-2009, 10:40 AM
The policy of which Grayworldangel speaks indeed provides that:

"Hardbound books, magazines, and paperbacks may be received by inmates if sent directly from the publisher or a recognized major distributor. These items will be inspected by mail room personnel."

This is the policy currently in effect for the Men’s Central Jail (and Pitchess Detention Facility – South). In a recent conversation I had with Lt. Robbie Ibelle (who is in charge of Inmate Services for the entire LA County jail system), he told me that some of the separate facilities have slightly different rules on books (such as no hardbound books allowed in some facilities [Twin Towers]).

The policy restricting books, magazines, and newspapers to only those received from publishers and distributors is called the “publisher’s only” rule, and in some correctional systems is strictly enforced to include only publishers and/or major book chains (such as Amazon, Borders, and Barnes & Noble), and is sometimes restricted to online book purchases (so for instance, although books would be allowed to ordered from Borders, they would be allowed only from their online sales, and not from one of their bookstores).

The reason behind these policies is to prevent contraband (drugs, cash, etc.) from being sent into the jails (and more specifically, to keep the flow of mail going by not requiring mailroom personnel to have to thoroughly inspect each and every magazine, book or newspaper received). By limiting the sender to publishers and/or recognized vendors, a balance is struck in that the prisoners receive the reading material, and the mailroom personnel do not have to spend an inordinate amount of time inspecting any one item.

Some correctional systems have eliminated the allowance of reading materials sent from bookstores, because crafty friends and family of prisoners have been known to purchase the items at the bookstore, then quickly place the contraband into one of the just purchased items (or before purchase), and then have the bookstore send the package directly from their place of business, thus complying with the more liberal version of the “publisher’s only” rules.

To determine the exact rule in effect in a specific jail in LA County, contact Lt. Ibelle,* who in turn will put you in touch with the Captain, Lieutenant, or other official at the facility in question for further info about their specific rule on the receipt of books, magazines, and/or newspapers.

I recently spoke with a Sgt. Rodriguez at Pitchess South, who (after much effort, including having to find the policy then in effect and call me back) confirmed that their facility allows hardbound books to be received. The practice at South also provides that the book package comes in unopened from the mailroom, and that the prisoner is called out on a pass to receive it. It’s then first opened and inspected in front of the prisoner (like incoming legal mail is processed), and the books are given to the prisoner (with the packaging being retained for disposal by Sheriff’s personnel). Other non-downtown facilities should work the same way (e.g., NCCF, Century, Mira Loma, etc.). (The books I sent to South came directly from a local bookstore, with a Barnes & Noble shipping label affixed.)

Bottom line is that it shouldn’t matter that the books are in used condition, only that they have proper labeling indicating their origin is from a publisher or bookstore.

With respect to the “recognized major distributor” requirement, I believe that when arranging for the books to be sent, just make sure the sender has proper labeling indicating that they are a commercial vendor and hope for the best (if the vender is, for instance. “Harry’s Used Books” located in say, Poughkeepsie, NY). If possible, use the larger book companies, and also have the books sent so that some form of tracking is involved (such as employed by UPS), so that you can at least be assured as to the day the book package is received at the jail (and don’t be surprised if it takes up to a week for the books to actually reach the prisoner after arrival at the jail). (In my experience, books that arrived at the Sheriff’s PO Box address downtown on a Thursday, were distributed to the prisoner the following Monday at Pitchess South.

When dealing with LA County (as with any correctional facility), sometimes the right and the left hands are working against each other, so some facilities may have no problem whatsoever with books sent from a small unknown vender, while other facilities may disallow the book package alltogether. It's sort of like shooting craps (or playing the lottery), so in the end, sometimes all you can do is hope that the odds are in your favor on that particular day. (But as more and more packages are received from venders such as usedbooks.com, then they become more and more recognized.)

If a street address is required by the shipper, you may use the Men’s Central Jail address of:

Prisoner name & number
441 Bauchet Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012

(I believe that mail/books may also be sent directly to each facility’s address, but may delay delivery as perhaps all mail may then be routed back to the main mailroom on Bauchet Street—only to then be sent back to the facility after confirmation as to the prisoner’s location. Anyone with further info as to how the processing of mail actually occurs now is the time to chirp in with your knowledge.)

If possible, try to have only softbound books sent because some of the other facilities (Twin Towers) do not allow prisoners to possess hardbound books; thus even those inmates who are temporarily transferred to Twin Towers for medical reasons, will have the hardbound books taken away (perhaps put with the prisoner’s stored personal property or, more likely, just tossed out).

*Lt. Ibelle may be contacted at:

Phone number: 213-893-5111 (or 213-893-5882)
Email address: ribelle@lasd.org (ribelle@lasd.org)

Good Luck, at please let us others know whether any used books you may order for a prisoner in the LA County jail system arrive safely and are actually delivered to the prisoner without hassle.

South Bay Scott

Ja MOM
06-26-2009, 05:37 PM
I know Barnes and Noble has used books and they can be sent to prison. so why not jail.

LovesickLocks
06-30-2009, 10:45 PM
I have a question,
My fiance is on SP4 status and that means he should be catching the chain up to reception pretty soon right? Well I was wondering, Because he asked me...Do they only allow him to take a certain amount of pictures with him? If so does anyone know how many? Thanks

jc_forever-
07-01-2009, 04:25 PM
im pretty sure he can take everything with him. when my man was in county i didnt send him that many pictures as i do now. i think he had like 5 of me and a few from his fam and he brought them all with him.

pj663
07-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Yes he's able to take his pictures letters, etc. However things like their personal hygiene soap, tooth paste etc, food they cant take with them. Yeah he's SP4 he should be leaving anytime now.

LOV3MYBABY
07-02-2009, 01:28 PM
What is the longest they can be at sp4 status? Because my finance is at pitchess detention center north and has been at sp4 for almost two weeks now....

jc_forever-
07-02-2009, 02:56 PM
hes gonna be leaving anytime then probably. i think the last bus that takes them back to IRC before they go to reception is tonight.

MrsCetina
07-15-2009, 06:20 AM
I have books shipped to him there from Barnes and Noble's website. www.bn.com

I always use this address for shipping:
Name
Booking #
P.O. BOX 86164
Terminal Annex
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164

He has gotten all of the books I sent, so that method of shipping works for Twin Towers.

Snaps_wifey
07-23-2009, 02:56 AM
What is the longest they can be at sp4 status? Because my finance is at pitchess detention center north and has been at sp4 for almost two weeks now.... My husband stayed at SP4 for a month.

South Bay
07-24-2009, 01:35 PM
I have a question,
My fiance is on SP4 status and that means he should be catching the chain up to reception pretty soon right? Well I was wondering, Because he asked me...Do they only allow him to take a certain amount of pictures with him? If so does anyone know how many? Thanks

15 Photos (maximum size of of 8" x 10”)

See this post for further info: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4521980#post4521980 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4521980#post4521980).

South Bay Scott

Sylvia
07-24-2009, 04:48 PM
My son was SP4 for almost 2 months before they sent him. Just check the Sherriff web page every morning, if he is in LA County, and it will tell you which reception center he has been sent to.

07-30-2009, 02:56 PM
What does SP4 mean? I checked on my fiancees status and it showed SP3..What does it mean. HE is also waiting to serve time in prisojn.

LOV3MYBABY
07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
SP3 MEANS all of his paperwork has been completed to go to state
SP4 MEANS he's waiting for the bus to go back downtown.

mrsespinosa
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Does anybody know where i can get and print out a 602 form and get a title 15 booklet???

grayworldangel
08-13-2009, 06:03 PM
I think the whole Title 15 is available online at http://www.archive.org/details/gov.ca.ccr.15 I don't think the summary Title 15 booklet given to everyone at reception is readily available.

Are you looking for an actual form CDC-602, or a county jail complaint form? If it's the CDC form, it's here http://www.prisonlaw.com/pdfs/appeal.pdf . If by "602" you want a county complaint form, you can ask for one of those at any of the jails.

(Please pardon my confusion. This is a county jail board, and you're asking what seems to be state prison questions...but, I don't want to assume anything.)

South Bay
08-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I think the whole Title 15 is available online at http://www.archive.org/details/gov.ca.ccr.15 I don't think the summary Title 15 booklet given to everyone at reception is readily available.

Are you looking for an actual form CDC-602, or a county jail complaint form? If it's the CDC form, it's here http://www.prisonlaw.com/pdfs/appeal.pdf . If by "602" you want a county complaint form, you can ask for one of those at any of the jails.

(Please pardon my confusion. This is a county jail board, and you're asking what seems to be state prison questions...but, I don't want to assume anything.)

grayworldangel,

Thanks for the above post and the link to the COMPLETE version of Title 15, as I didn't know it was available online. Someone (or a computer) spent a lot of effort to scan an entire 559-page hard copy version into computer format.

(For you county jail observers, please note that Division 1 of the Title 15 version referenced above by grayworldangel contains the regulations applicable to CA county jails. They are found in Subchapter 4, sections 1000 - 1282, and are entitled "Minimum Standards for Local Detention Facilities.")

The CDCR edition of Title 15 (Division 3), the version required to be furnished to every prisoner at the time of entry into the prison system, is available online from the CDCR at this link: http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/Adult_Operations/docs/Title15-2008.pdf (http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Regulations/Adult_Operations/docs/Title15-2008.pdf).

Please note the CDCR also has older versions of Title 15 still available online (and a Google search of “CDCR Title 15” brings up the 2006 version), so always be careful to download (or consult) only the latest edition.

South Bay Scott

mrsespinosa
08-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I was visiting my husband at wayside this past sunday. I know one of the deputies and i mentioned it to my husband. All of sudden my husband was taken away with handcuffs and our visit was ended early. Now he is the hole. What do you think will happen next???

Annabelle
08-17-2009, 12:10 PM
What??? You know one of the deputies and you mentioned that to your husband over the phone in the visiting room? They took him away????? I'm in shock. They have no reason to do that!

It is a bit scary to think they were listening in on the visit like that. Makes me feel nauseaus.

MrsCetina
08-18-2009, 04:09 AM
That makes me nervous. I didnt know the visiting phones are tapped. Ill have to warn my husband about that.

multifarious
08-27-2009, 05:13 PM
All the phone lines are monitored 24/7. I don't think they record the phones in visiting, but they do randomly listen in on them. The regular phones (that they call you on) are all recorded by the county and GTL, or whatever system the respective jails use.

Mscarter09
08-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Lookin for a ride to wayside I have the gas juss need sumbody to take me

grayworldangel
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
multifarious,

Are you sure about the phones? I've looked at the phone contract, and it looks like only half the phones *might* be recorded. I'd be really impressed if GTL has technology to record all 4,000 telephones all the time.

The phone contract is at:
http://file.lacounty.gov/bc/q4_2005/cms1_037051.pdf

The section I found about recording says:

2.12 Call Recording Requirements
Contractor’s automated operator inmate telephone system shall provide capability to record inmate telephone calls at Sheriff’s Department custodial and detention facilities, and at Probation Department detention and camp facilities, shown in Exhibit 1 (County Custodial, Detention and Camp Facilities) of this Statement of Work. The Contractor’s automated operator inmate telephone system shall provide capability to record any inmate telephone calls except for courthouse lock-ups and patrol stations.

The telephone system must be capable of recording at least 50% of all inmate telephone calls. Calls must be recorded in their entirety, up to the 120 minute time limit for inmate calls. Recordings must be selectable by telephone instrument, group of instruments, facility, or called number. Extension of the requirement to record inmate calls from courthouse lock-ups, and patrol stations is not planned at this time.

There is a lot of great stuff to be found at teh Board Of Supervisor's web site:
http://portal.lacounty.gov/wps/portal/bc

samboshina
08-31-2009, 02:41 PM
its located in Castaic Ca, its also known as Pitchess Detention Center, off the 5 frwy near Magic Mountain. you can even get off at the Magic Mtn exit.

samboshina
08-31-2009, 02:43 PM
visiting hours are from 8-2pm and they are only 1/2 hour, but you can see them both saturday and sunday for 1/2 hour each day. it gets crowded, so your best bet is to go very early and there is no shade when youre standing out there in line.

Annabelle
08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Sam, do you really think it's best to get there early? I've noticed when I go a little later (9:30-10:00) the line is shorter. Maybe I just got lucky?

spundcky00
09-27-2009, 10:40 PM
i went there today and i took the 5 north freeway all the way down past magic mountian and u would be looking for the exit hansley canyon road pitchess detention center and it gets a little tricky when u exit i usually have the number to the facility to call for the rest of the way. i hope this helps

sunmoon728
10-27-2009, 12:53 AM
can anyone tell me anything about the south facililty? are they on lockdown alot? is it smoother for the inmates? how about visits?

grayworldangel
10-27-2009, 08:13 AM
South is a lower security facility, with everybody living in big open dorms. Many of the guys at South get to work outside the fence doing things like grounds maintenance, gardening, bicycle repair class, car wash, laundry, kitchen, etc. No jail is good, but South is better than the others.

nicahgirl
10-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I am so new to this my husband is located at the pitchess detention center also known as "wayside" south facility i checked their web and it doesn't mention anything about south,only north and east. I read on one of the post that they are allowed 3 adult visitors will my 2 year old son count as one adult because two of my brother in laws wants to come visit also. Any information on this will help thank you.
nicahgirl

D4C
10-27-2009, 08:35 PM
It depends on the sheriffs doing visitng, but I have gone with my mother-in-law, my step-son, and my son. So there was two adults and two kids.

sunmoon728
10-27-2009, 09:11 PM
thankyou. :)

nicahgirl
10-27-2009, 11:14 PM
It depends on the sheriffs doing visitng, but I have gone with my mother-in-law, my step-son, and my son. So there was two adults and two kids.

Thank u for the info..i was also wondering where is the visitatin center for south facility since the address is different from north and east facility,or is it all in one area. :(

D4C
10-27-2009, 11:45 PM
It's all in one area to begin with. Once you get your pass it will have a big number on it that corresponds to the four lines for the buses (1-4). Just get in the line with the number on your pass and the bus will take you where you need to go.

South Bay
10-28-2009, 02:07 PM
I am so new to this my husband is located at the pitchess detention center also known as "wayside" south facility i checked their web and it doesn't mention anything about south, only north and east. I read on one of the post that they are allowed 3 adult visitors will my 2 year old son count as one adult because two of my brother in laws wants to come visit also. Any information on this will help thank you.
nicahgirl
I and others pondered about this same issue back in May 2009 in this post, which has much information about Pitchess South: http://mail.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4653906#post4653906 (http://mail.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4653906#post4653906).

It turns out that the Sheriff’s web page about South is not linked to their main web pages, and it was found only through further investigation by PTO member Jonsgurl (http://mail.prisontalk.com/forums/member.php?u=185652), who posted about it here: http://mail.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4655961#post4655961 (http://mail.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4655961#post4655961).

And thus, this is the sheriff’s “hidden” web page about South: http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-south/index.html (http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-south/index.html).

South Bay Scott

South Bay
10-28-2009, 02:22 PM
can anyone tell me anything about the south facililty? are they on lockdown alot? is it smoother for the inmates? how about visits?

Here's the link to the Sheriff's web page about Pitchess South: http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-south/index.html (http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/pdc-south/index.html).

And here's an older PTO thread about South: http://mail.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4653906#post4653906 (http://mail.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4653906#post4653906).

South Bay Scott

nicahgirl
10-28-2009, 04:58 PM
But where would i go for visitation though, it doesn't mention anything about that. Any information is gladly appreciated, i know that someone mention u take a bus, but where is the bus located?

Annabelle
10-28-2009, 05:37 PM
If you go to Pitchess Detention Center on Old Castaic Road (the address is on the website, it's near Magic Mountain), you will stand in a line with everyone, after you pass through security, you take your visitor slip to the window, at the window they will give you a piece of paper which will tell you your bus number. It's all the same place, it's the buses on the inside that take you to the different facilities (North, South, East, NCCF).

Your visitor slip will also have his module number, each facility has more than one module, if you can't figure it out the Sheriffs will help you.

I hope this helps.

South Bay
10-28-2009, 05:53 PM
But where would i go for visitation though, it doesn't mention anything about that. Any information is gladly appreciated, i know that someone mention u take a bus, but where is the bus located?

You're right, there's not any visiting information on the South facility web page; although there is a link to general visiting info: http://www.lasd.org/lasd_services/custody-services/custody.html (http://www.lasd.org/lasd_services/custody-services/custody.html).

You may want to call South Facility and ask about the visiting rules, their number is:

Captain: 661-293-8822
Operations Lt: 661-293-8824

You can also contact the Sheriff’s Inmate Services number at: 213-893-5111.

South Bay Scott

D4C
10-28-2009, 07:29 PM

When you first get there you wait in a line that looks like an amusement park line. Then you go through the metal detectors (no phones, no mirrors, no cigarettes, no lighters, etc.) once you go through the metal detectors you turn in your pass to the window (there are a bunch of little booths). They will then give you your pass back as well as another pass. Then you walk through to the area where you wait for the bus (in lines that correspond to the number on your pass).

Annabelle
10-28-2009, 08:30 PM
oh yeah and the booth that is all the way to the left by the handicap sign, that one is usually open and no one realizes it. :D

sunmoon728
10-29-2009, 12:58 AM
thankyou. i had never seen the south facility page on the sherriffs website. they should update it and add it on there. thankyou for searching it. :)

nicahgirl
10-29-2009, 08:48 PM
Has anyone recently gotten calls from that facility. I am so worried my husband hasn't called me since Monday..

YaffaSheli68
11-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Someone very close to me just got sent to Wayside and I want to visit him but I am scared to because I have an unpaid speeding ticket and I don't know if that will deter me from passing security. Any thoughts?

Annabelle
11-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Someone very close to me just got sent to Wayside and I want to visit him but I am scared to because I have an unpaid speeding ticket and I don't know if that will deter me from passing security. Any thoughts?

They will run your license at the window, if you have a warrant you will likely be arrested. If it's a pending unpaid speeding ticket, you have no worries.

Mint2bee
11-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Hi everyone!!!
Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in san gabriel valley?? My bf is going to court next week & this is the first time we will be getting a lawyer. I have on idea where to go or who would be good. Oh and what are the average rate one goes for??
Thanks in advance!!!

oneet
11-09-2009, 05:18 PM
south is supposed to be the "easiest" dorms have big windows. u go out to yard about 3-4 times a week. but its still an la county jail. deputies tend to be more disrespectful because many inmates in south are already sentenced for less than a year; therefore the deputies know inmates wont retaliate much. but jail politics are in full effect nonetheless.

oneet
11-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Has anyone recently gotten calls from that facility. I am so worried my husband hasn't called me since Monday.. sometimes the deputies are diks and they wont let the dorm get phones for days at a time. since they are outside. lockdowns only last about an 1hr max in south.

MamaLion56
11-11-2009, 11:12 PM
is it a big ol mission to do? how do i get there? and how long its the ride??

theres no ride so this is my last resort.

MrsCetina
11-12-2009, 02:18 AM
you can go to union station and catch the metrolink bus to the antelope valley. it will drop you off at the santa clarita bus station and you can take a cab from there to wayside. make sure to bring lots of quarters so you can use a payphone to call for the cab.

http://www.metrolinktrains.com/schedules/html.php?id=601

MamaLion56
11-12-2009, 09:02 PM
how much is a cab?

headrjo222
11-12-2009, 11:10 PM
i heard from a DEPT at pitchess that you can call the transportation services bureau and tell them that the inmate is waiting to catch the chain. And that your call might expedite the process. Does anyone know if that's true?

MrsCetina
11-13-2009, 12:50 AM
$2.65 to start, then 90 cents for every mile

MamaLion56
11-13-2009, 08:50 PM
ha! i rather do the bus.

South Bay
11-14-2009, 02:48 PM
i heard from a DEPT at pitchess that you can call the transportation services bureau and tell them that the inmate is waiting to catch the chain. And that your call might expedite the process. Does anyone know if that's true?

Here are the applicable phone numbers if you wish to call them:

LASD Transportation Bureau:
Captain . . . . . . . .i. . .213-974-4561
Operations Lt. . . . G. . 213-974-4564
C.S.T. Desk . . . . . . . .213-974-4571
Watch Sergeant . . . . .213-974-4579
Statewide . . . . . . . . .213-974-4565
North County T.S.T .i . 661-295-7971

More LA Sheriff's phone numbers may be found here: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5018118#post5018118 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5018118#post5018118)

I don't know whether a call to the Sheriff's Department letting them know a prisoner is ready to "catch the chain" will make any difference, as the Sheriff's Dept should be quite aware of those prisoners who have been sentenced and are waiting to be transported to state prison.

As it turns out, it's not even the fault of the Sheriff's Dept that sentenced prisoners are stacked up in county jails for months. Under Penal Code section 4016.5, after the county sheriffs’ notify the CDCR that sentenced prisoners are ready for delivery (by the sheriff) to state prison, the CDCR must reimburse counties for any delays in accepting the prisoners. The statute provides in part that:

“A city or county shall be reimbursed by the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for costs incurred resulting from the detention of a state prisoner, a person sentenced or referred to the state prison, or a parolee and from parole revocation proceedings when the detention meets any of the following conditions:

(d) The detention results from a new commitment, or a referral pursuant to Section 1203.03, once the abstract of judgment has been completed, the department’s intake control unit has been notified by the county that the prisoner is ready to be transported pursuant to Section 1216, and the department is unable to accept delivery of the prisoner. The reimbursement shall be provided for each day starting on the day following the fifth working day after the date of notification by the county, if the prisoner remains ready to be delivered and the department is unable to receive the prisoner. If a county delivers or attempts to deliver a person to the department without the prior notification required by this paragraph, the date of the delivery or attempted delivery shall be recognized as the notification date pursuant to this paragraph.”

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/4016.5.html (http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/4016.5.html)

So it stands to reason that the sheriffs’ departments are well aware of prison commitments, as the only way they are reimbursed by the CDCR for holding sentenced prisoners in their county jails is by officially notifying the CDCR of the commitment. After that, it’s all just a waiting game.

If you do call them, please let us know the results.

South Bay Scott

SGV girl
11-14-2009, 09:40 PM
My husband was sentenced to State on 10-19, was SP4 a week after that, and was sent to Reception a week after that. He was gone in 2 weeks....LA County is generally rushing them through now, because once they are CDCR committed, the County doesn't get kickbacks....so they don't want them there.
If they have been sitting there awhile, perhaps CDCR doesn't have a bed. With the pressure on CDCR to reduce overcrowding, and the lawsuit in supreme court, they are scrambling in State to accomodate everyone. Have faith, and trust me...be careful what you wish for.
I wanted my man to go upstate already to get this time going, but now that he's gone and I have no visits or calls, I'm wishing I would've had a few more weeks :(
Be Blessed

D4C
11-14-2009, 10:17 PM
I have taken the bus to Wayside from long beach. It is a mission, but it is possible. to do it, you take the blue line to the 7th metro station. then take the red line to the north hollywood station. from there you take the 224 (towards olive view) to truman and hubbard. You then walk north on hubbard 1/4 of a block to the sylmar metrolink station. from there you take the santa clarita 8 to mcbean transit center. from there you take the santa clarita 2 to castaic. I don't know the exact street you get off on, but if you ask the bus driver they will tell you. Then you have a 20-30 minute walk to the jail.

D4C
11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
how much is a cab?

from the santa clarita station to the jail is anywhere from $16-$20 depending on traffic.

MamaLion56
11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
hey everyone !

so thanks for the replies i went on the bus this past weekend. and i dont think it was a big ol mission i got there at 10 am. now the comeback was a different story!

have to wait atleast ONE HOUR for each bus it took me no lie 4hrs to come back. but all worth it. thanks again.

and i took da red line to north hollywood then da 757 to santa clarita then the 1 to castaic much easier and faster and thank god i didnt have to walk much i got a ride up that hill they saw me lonely! hahaha thankssss. and cant wait to go bck this weekend i love my hubby.

HisWifey7707
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
They will run your license at the window, if you have a warrant you will likely be arrested. If it's a pending unpaid speeding ticket, you have no worries.

It's gotta be a decent amount warrant. I have 2 small warrants and I visit every weekend and holidays. Knock on wood, I've made it home every time!!

:angel:

Mrs7Session
12-12-2009, 08:29 PM
(Google).... wayout2wayside

Just what you've been looking for.

We go to Wayside Pitchess Detention Center every saturday & sunday.

Go online and R.S.V.P pay and print bording pass...

See ya there:thumbsup:

MamaLion56
12-16-2009, 01:20 PM
why would he get moved from supermax to ESTF @ wayside.

im worried because they say that sometimes when they get moved is because theyre gettin them ready to go to prison!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Is he already SP4??

MamaLion56
12-16-2009, 01:47 PM
how would i know ? if he is sp4. well he was sp2 when i went to go see him last weekend. im scared.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-16-2009, 02:02 PM
You can check the the website. www.lasd.org (http://www.lasd.org)

Search his name and at the bottom of the page it will show if he is SP4. Once he is SP4 he can leave at anytime. It will also show custody release to whatever prison he was transferred to...good luck sweetie! =)

MamaLion56
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
No it says nothing about SP4... he still fightin 3 cases. so idk why they moved him

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
No it says nothing about SP4... he still fightin 3 cases. so idk why they moved him

Does he have a court date soon?? ...that can be another reason they moved him. Don't panic yet sweetie..hopefully you will hear from him soon. :)

halebop
12-16-2009, 06:57 PM
also, they will definitely move inmates around literally for no reason at all. i'm not being sarcastic. i know last time we were thinking my husband would likely be released in the next few days and then they moved him from mcj to pitchess south. i was freaking out trying to figure out what it "meant". don't think it meant anything at all. they just move them around sometimes. he was there 3 days before they put him back on the bus to irc for release (i know that part isn't the case for yours but it shows how random it can be)

hang in there!

Strength&Loyalty
12-16-2009, 07:00 PM
it could be his custody level dropped...but it basically means nothing they do just move them around

sunmoon728
12-17-2009, 02:03 AM
yeah when my hubby was in they moved him around like it was the thing to do! he went from MCJ to EAST, NCCF, then SOUTH. it was a headache!

MamaLion56
12-17-2009, 08:34 PM
well i got a call from him today and he said. hopefully its because hes almost out! iwll see

Annabelle
12-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Questions, please help!

My son was at Wayside for the past 8 months, he was sentenced on Tuesday. They transfered him to Twin Towers last night and he said they already gave him his "bus pass." He also said that one of the cops told him he might be on the bus to reception on Sunday.

His status is still SP (no number after the code).

Is it possible they will move him that quickly (by Sunday)?

humboldtsweetie
12-18-2009, 01:30 PM
it could happen. if he has been given a bus pass then he will probably be moved soon. although he might first be moved to a reception prison (in northern california, usually they go to san quentin first for about 2 weeks, then to another facility). although my husband actually got his pass and went on like the 2nd or 3rd bus out. we were hanging in there waiting for a good few weeks before he left
as far as pictures go, my baby took everything with him, didn't have to leave anything behind.

Annabelle
12-18-2009, 02:05 PM
My son is in LA County, he said last night the buses were going to Delano and Lancaster.

Is your husband at Old Folsom?

humboldtsweetie
12-18-2009, 05:32 PM
at the moment he is at county jail, but he has been at old folsom and he will be going back sometime next month

Annabelle
12-18-2009, 07:04 PM
My son is hoping he goes there, that is where his cousin is and he'll be "protected."

Can they request where they want to go?

humboldtsweetie
12-18-2009, 09:14 PM
usually not the only reason my husband went back there was because he was there before he went to county so they just sent him back. folsom is ok...there has been a lot of tension lately though because they have been trying to integrate the facility and the inmates aren't having it :( but it is calm for now so hopefully maybe the last of the trouble is over

Annabelle
12-18-2009, 09:23 PM
What do you mean by integrate? Are they trying to integrate races (I apologize for sounding naive)?

ms.heartbroken
12-19-2009, 12:59 AM
my husband is at pitchess now does any one know were theyr send out to reception and if i could visit him when hes at reception is my first time going thrue this dont know much some help please from a worry wife

D4C
12-19-2009, 01:19 AM
my husband is at pitchess now does any one know were theyr send out to reception and if i could visit him when hes at reception is my first time going thrue this dont know much some help please from a worry wife

He could be sent to any of the reception centers (delano, wasco, chino, or lancaster) There's no way to tell until he goes. Once he's there he will need to send you a SIGNED visiting form and then you will have to fill it out and send it back to the prison. You cannot visit until you have been approved, and a lot of the time they make it out of reception before their visiting applications get approved.

Annabelle
12-19-2009, 09:53 AM
He could be sent to any of the reception centers (delano, wasco, chino, or lancaster) There's no way to tell until he goes. Once he's there he will need to send you a SIGNED visiting form and then you will have to fill it out and send it back to the prison. You cannot visit until you have been approved, and a lot of the time they make it out of reception before their visiting applications get approved.

I thought they can't get visits or phone calls while in reception, is that true?

humboldtsweetie
12-19-2009, 01:14 PM
I thought they can't get visits or phone calls while in reception, is that true?

yes thats true. no phone calls or visits until after reception. reception usually takes about 2 weeks (at least in the northern cali prisons it does). Once he sends you a visiting form, fill it out fast as mine took about 6-8 weeks to be approved.

sunmoon728
12-19-2009, 08:29 PM
there are visits at lancaster during reception but it is through glass and by appointment until they hit mainline.

humboldtsweetie
12-19-2009, 11:19 PM
What do you mean by integrate? Are they trying to integrate races (I apologize for sounding naive)?

yes that is what they are trying to do. there was a big riot a few months ago, and everything was pretty shady for awhile. but it seems a little calmer now at least

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM

No phone calls is correct...they can have visits in reception but you do have to be approved first. Reception can be anywhere from 30 - 90 days and in some cases (like my hubby) we were in reception for almost 6 months. Good luck! :)

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-21-2009, 01:53 PM
yes thats true. no phone calls or visits until after reception. reception usually takes about 2 weeks (at least in the northern cali prisons it does). Once he sends you a visiting form, fill it out fast as mine took about 6-8 weeks to be approved.

Are you sure he was in reception?? It sounds more like orientation if it was only 2 weeks. Reception is usually between 30- 90 days but in some cases in has been as long as 6 months. :)

Annabelle
12-21-2009, 02:18 PM
How long does it take for the visitor approval? Also, once he moves out of reception will he need to send new visitor approval forms?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
How long does it take for the visitor approval? Also, once he moves out of reception will he need to send new visitor approval forms?

It just depends on where he goes. Some people have been approved in 30 days and some as long as six months. If you are approved in reception before he is sent to mainline your approval should follow him wherever he goes. If not you will have to reapply once he is mainlined. You will only have to update your visiting form every two years after your fist approval. Hope this helps! ;)

Annabelle
12-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Thank you!

humboldtsweetie
12-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Are you sure he was in reception?? It sounds more like orientation if it was only 2 weeks. Reception is usually between 30- 90 days but in some cases in has been as long as 6 months. :)

mhmm positive! he had gone to san quentin first for a few weeks, then once they sent him back to folsom he was on fish row for only about another couple weeks. i think it usually takes 2-4 weeks btu i guess he just got lucky. could be because he had been there before and was only transfered back to county for like a month or so.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
mhmm positive! he had gone to san quentin first for a few weeks, then once they sent him back to folsom he was on fish row for only about another couple weeks. i think it usually takes 2-4 weeks btu i guess he just got lucky. could be because he had been there before and was only transfered back to county for like a month or so.

Exactly!! Yeah sounds more like orientation. Sounds like he was probably transferred back to county for another case after he was already mainlined. Thanks! :)

Mrs7Session
12-23-2009, 02:25 PM
(Google)... wayout2wayside

We are Session’s Travel service that make round trips to
Wayside Pitchess Detention Center for VISITING.
$25.00 round trip and we have door to door service.

(Google)... wayout2wayside

or go to: sessionstravel.eventbrite. com

lachuli
12-27-2009, 10:43 PM
I WENT TO GO VISIT MY HUSBAND TODAY AT NCCF AND AS I ENTERED TO GO INTO THE PARKING LOT A COP CAR PARKED ACROSS THE ENTRANCE AND SAID VISITING WAS OVER???? I AM WORRIED CAUSE MY HUSBAND HASN'T CALLED ME EITHER???? DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT HAPPEN. i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE FOR ANY UPDATE ON NCCF IN WESTSIDE.:confused:

sunmoon728
12-27-2009, 11:48 PM
they didnt let you go into the parking lot? thats weird. i had a visit today. what time did this happen?

lachuli
12-28-2009, 12:24 AM
It was like around 1:30 p.m. But the weird thing is that i havent even received a call from him neither has his mom. What time were you there?

sunmoon728
12-28-2009, 12:40 AM
i got there at 11:30 and was out 1:30 - 1:45 and cars were still going in and there was a line to go in through the metal detectors.

GUESTME84
01-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I read the thread on discipline, but it doesn't say anything about how long discipline ranges whether it's 10 days, 30 days or so forth at NCCF, anyone know?

pj663
01-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Hello Guestme84,

The limitations are in there every facility is diffrent but if you look under Discipline assement ( For Example MCJ) It speaks of the offense and the amount of days of good time credit lossed for that offense. The same for another example the Century Dentention Facilty if you look under the discipline review log it talks about the violation and then the amount days lost etc. It's a lot of imformation but you'll find it there. I hope this helps.

SADDY_5HST
01-14-2010, 09:03 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS PROGRAM? HOW VISITS WORK..WHO QUALIFIES...ETC...? PLEASE NEED TO KNOW...THANKS:thumbsup:

kima
01-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Parent Education (TALK): In an
effort to establish and/or rebuild
mother/child relationships with fami-
lies, parenting classes are available to
all female inmates. TALK, (Teaching
and Loving Kids), a higher level of
the parenting program, is a contact
visitation between the inmate/mom
and her child. The TALK program
began at Twin Towers in August
1998. Each Saturday, adult guardians
bring the inmate/mom's children to
Twin Towers for a two-hour contact
visit. At the close of each TALK
class, children return to the guardians,
and then the inmate/mom's parenting
skills and behaviors during the visit
are discussed. This year, 95 women
participated and 191 children visited
their moms.
http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cache:cKO0zIO3yYIJ:www.lasd.org/sites/YIR/2000/visuals/170175.pdf+%22talk+program%22+pritchess&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Here's a link to a story about the TALK program for fathers:
http://www.thefreelibrary.com/INMATES+TRAIN+FOR+FATHERHOOD+JAIL+LETS+KIDS+VISIT+ TO+BOND+WITH...-a081097795

GUESTME84
01-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Does anyone know the phone number of anyone I can contact in administration @ NCCF to see if someone is out of discipline or when they will? They said the limits are 10 days, untrue. My boyfriend has been under discipline going on 13 days. I saw it says they have to get reevaluated to be kept in the hole longer than that(30 days). Tired and confused, don't want to make that drive on Saturday and Sunday and be turned away after standing in that line AGAIN. Please help.:angry:

GUESTME84
01-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Does anyone know the correct way to label the address for a book to be sent by borders or any other publisher? I just don't want it sent back and I am confused . I guess I need the detailed description of what goes where? Because where would his name and booking number go? it all wont fit under address.please help anyone, frustration has set in and I am so close to saying forget him but I am trying to stay positive.

missulilbro
01-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Does anyone know the correct way to label the address for a book to be sent by borders or any other publisher? I just don't want it sent back and I am confused . I guess I need the detailed description of what goes where? Because where would his name and booking number go? it all wont fit under address.please help anyone, frustration has set in and I am so close to saying forget him but I am trying to stay positive.

As you know any books/magazines are to be sent via vendor/publisher. Please refer to the LA County website under inmate information. This gives all the specifics as to what inmates can/cannot receive as well as shipping information.

Hope this helps!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-25-2010, 10:34 AM
You would put his name and CDC number in the name box
Address box you would put his PO Box and housing info
City and State and Zip

Hope this helps =)

grayworldangel
01-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know the correct way to label the address for a book to be sent by borders or any other publisher?

I don't know about Borders, but I've sent things putting the booking number in "Address Line 1" box, and the street address in "Address Line 2" box. Use the NCCF street address on The Old Road, not the Terminal Annex baloney--that way the address fits in standard on-line address pages.

Like this:

My Friend
29340 The Old Road,
Castaic, CA 91384

THEPOND
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Had some questions my man has been at nccf a few days i put money on his books yesterday how will he now if he has money on his books cause i didnt tell him i was going to put money on it so i was wondering do they tell him and he sent me a letter out on sunday how long does it usually take for them to send it out

MamaLion56
01-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Had some questions my man has been at nccf a few days i put money on his books yesterday how will he now if he has money on his books cause i didnt tell him i was going to put money on it so i was wondering do they tell him and he sent me a letter out on sunday how long does it usually take for them to send it out
it ussually takes us to get their mail 2 days or 3 . but for them to get ours sometimes a week or even up to 3wks.

&&
im not sure if they will tell him,but i do know he has to check. my man always knows how much i put w/out me even saying a word on how much.

MamaLion56
02-02-2010, 07:20 PM
so he called me today for about 54 mins. and i only had 18 dollars on my prepaid card. how much money do u think its left?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-02-2010, 07:29 PM
through GTL?? You can call and check your balance 800-483-8314. If you are taking about your pepaid cell phone I'm not sure. Good luck sweetie! =)

MamaLion56
02-03-2010, 08:04 PM
thanks i didnt know this number existed you really helped!!

Lailonimenrad
02-08-2010, 01:45 AM
im in long beach and need a ride will pay gas

blueclue
02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Can someone please tell me what's it like at NCCF. What can be expected and how are inmates treated compared to Twin Tower and Men's Central Jail?
Any idea why an inmate would be transferred to NCCF after being at TT or MCJ a few days.
How much money can be deposited on their books at NCCF.

GUESTME84
02-13-2010, 10:12 PM
As a visitor NCCF is better TT takes forever for visits. They receive STORE every wednesday and they get their items on thursday so they see the amount when they make their orders.The guards give any inmates with money on their books a form to place an order and they see how much is on there.

GUESTME84
02-13-2010, 10:12 PM
$900 is the limit on their books at one time, and they can only spend $132 a week.

GUESTME84
02-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know about the lockdown they had today? Any info? How long are lockdowns usually. Just wanna see if he can get a visit for Valentine's Day. I hope so, that would suck if he didn't. I drove down there today for nothing don't want a repeat tomorrow.:confused:

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-16-2010, 10:13 AM
$900 is the limit on their books at one time, and they can only spend $132 a week.

Is this the current limit? My husband had $1500 on his account when he left county...that was over 2 years ago but I don't remember ever having a limit. Thanks for sharing! ;)

luz1980
02-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Has anyone husband/boyfriend gotten a parole violation and did all his time (months) in county?

multifarious
02-19-2010, 09:32 PM
So, apparently there's a rumor going around that North Facility in Wayside is closing down soon. I don't know how true that is, but my man says the guards are all talking about it too. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this or is it just a threat for more $$ like last time? Any bit of info helps..thx. :)

YabYum
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I have a warrant for fta - its like ummm 950.00 I think
and my license is expired, can I visit using my passport instead of my license?

And if so, will they run my passport? And do you think the warrant will show or will the warrant be an issue?

Annabelle
02-20-2010, 01:04 PM

And if so, will they run my passport? And do you think the warrant will show or will the warrant be an issue?

Your warrant will probably show up and they will arrest you right then and there.

Cheetoes1
02-20-2010, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know what the procedure is for depositing money on a Inmate's account when you visit NCCF? I read on the website that you can bring $40. It's been years since I have been down there and I am going up there to visit my son tomorrow.

Thanks in Advance!!

KellyA

LOV3MYBABY
02-20-2010, 03:17 PM
so, apparently there's a rumor going around that north facility in wayside is closing down soon. I don't know how true that is, but my man says the guards are all talking about it too. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this or is it just a threat for more $$ like last time? Any bit of info helps..thx. :)

this was going around since my man was there july 09'!!! I heard that it was just talk

sunmoon728
02-21-2010, 12:16 AM
you can't deposit money at wayside. you need to go to IRC or lynwood.

damecreole
02-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Greetings All -can anyone PLEASE tell me what's been going on @ Pitchess and/or NCCF up in Castaic?? My husband hasn't called the family in over a week & that's just not like him! Please someone share ANY info. you have from your hunny from the last week...any rumors? situations? anything?? I see someone mentioned a lockdown last weekend, but we talked on V-day....he called last Monday too so I don't know what's going on & I'm about to lose my mind!:confused:

joyhawkins
02-25-2010, 06:18 PM
My friend just got moved from north to south. He got a year on a felong charge for fraud. How much will he actually serve you think? Lastly why the hell did they move him? He has been there since 11/23/09. He has a fugitive hold out of MO but they arent picking him up so when wil they remove the hold?

PSYCHO_PRiNCeSS
02-25-2010, 07:40 PM
My friend just got moved from north to south. He got a year on a felong charge for fraud. How much will he actually serve you think? Lastly why the hell did they move him? He has been there since 11/23/09. He has a fugitive hold out of MO but they arent picking him up so when wil they remove the hold?

My man is goin on his 167th day on a 365. and AS FOR the move they are closing down the north facility and they have transfered alot of the guys that were there to south, east, and supermax. You should be happy they sent him to south and not anywhere else..

halebop
02-25-2010, 08:05 PM
yes, i really agree about being happy he's in south. i'm hoping beyond hope that my husband (however long he'll be in jail - we don't know yet) stays in south. it's so much better than mcj. SO much better.

sunmoon728
02-25-2010, 08:37 PM
yes, anything is better than MCJ. and south is much better than the others at wayside. he hasnt complained about south at all.

sunmoon728
02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
who would i contact regarding my hubby getting glasses? can i go through the chaplain and ask if they can give him the ones he has out here or does he have to go through some doctor in there?

D4C
02-27-2010, 10:48 AM
who would i contact regarding my hubby getting glasses? can i go through the chaplain and ask if they can give him the ones he has out here or does he have to go through some doctor in there?

I would call the business number and then the chaplain if they don't help you at the business number. I know at CRDF to give glasses to an inmate all you have to do is take them to visiting and fill out a paper and give it to the visiting staff. I don't know how it works elsewhere though.

MamaLion56
02-27-2010, 09:42 PM

In east facility i seen people that go all the way up there an have warrants and all they do is not let them see there visit. but i wouldnt really risk going up there with a warrent. chances are you might end up staying there!:blah:

multifarious
02-28-2010, 09:52 AM
yes, i really agree about being happy he's in south. i'm hoping beyond hope that my husband (however long he'll be in jail - we don't know yet) stays in south. it's so much better than mcj. SO much better.

Just be glad they didn't send him to East. They've got them jammed in there like sardines in a tin. :(

sunmoon728
03-08-2010, 12:16 AM
i know what the rules are regarding pictures but my loved one told me that the deputies at south have told them that they cant have pictures with their face on it? i said what the hell? supposably the inmates can have pictures as long as they (the inmates) are not in them becuase they can make fake I.D.'s or switch I.D.'s or something like that? has anyone heard something similar? :hmm:

D4C
03-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I've sent plenty of pictures to Wayside with the inmate in them and have never had them sent back.... Hmmm, maybe it's a new rule

sunmoon728
03-09-2010, 12:03 AM
maybe. this just happened last week. i've been sending them since october 2009. and he said that the deputies told them this last week. should i call south and ask? he said it was for everyone in the south facility. not only him.

CCWFer Friend
03-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Next thing you will hear is that an inmate escaped wearing underwear so those are being banned too.

South Bay
03-09-2010, 04:05 PM
i know what the rules are regarding pictures but my loved one told me that the deputies at south have told them that they cant have pictures with their face on it? i said what the hell? supposably the inmates can have pictures as long as they (the inmates) are not in them becuase they can make fake I.D.'s or switch I.D.'s or something like that? has anyone heard something similar? :hmm:

A prisoner escaped from LA County about ten years ago using the picture of actor Eddie Murphy, so now jail officials worry that another prisoner could use his or her own picture to pull of a similar escape.

The prisoner was representing himself (pro per), so he also had access to plastic court transcript covers and had crafted his ID using a portion of the clear plastic. The pro per prisoners no longer have access to the plastic covers, and I believe the sandwiches provided to all prisoners no longer come in plastic baggies.

Here's an article about the incident: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92882&page=1 (http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92882&page=1). He was caught soon thereafter.

South Bay Scott

multifarious
03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
next thing you will hear is that an inmate escaped wearing underwear so those are being banned too.

lmao :)

sunmoon728
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
thankyou for the confirmation southbay. i was talking to him earlier and he did mention the eddie murphy incident. so after that i did feel more relaxed. i was starting to think he didnt want them anymore and i was gonna start a discussion with him but im glad i didnt.

A prisoner escaped from LA County about ten years ago using the picture of actor Eddie Murphy, so now jail officials worry that another prisoner could use his or her own picture to pull of a similar escape.

The prisoner was representing himself (pro per), so he also had access to plastic court transcript covers and had crafted his ID using a portion of the clear plastic. The pro per prisoners no longer have access to the plastic covers, and I believe the sandwiches provided to all prisoners no longer come in plastic baggies.

Here's an article about the incident: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92882&page=1 (http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92882&page=1). He was caught soon thereafter.

South Bay Scott

yolixrufo
03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey there,
I ordered 2pkgs online on the 8th of March and per the online ordering system items have been shipped on March 11th which is the delivery day for packages to wayside. Question is..my husband was sent to the hole on the 10th of March will he get the packages. Per the website i cannot get a refund. Will the pkgs be kept with his other personal items til he is out of the hole?:angry:

South Bay
03-19-2010, 01:15 PM

Just because you failed to appear does not automatically mean that there's a warrant out on the case. In recent years, the Legislature and courts have adopted a civil process to address traffic violations for which a defendant fails to appear.

Instead of automatically issuing a warrant to later ensure a defendant's eventual appearance in court, the courts oftentimes divert the case into civil assessment proceedings, wherein a defendant has to pay an additional $300 on top of the original fine, and the money is collected by collection agencies (and his or her driver's license is suspended until payment of the fine).

Penal Code section 1214.1(c) provides that:

"If a civil assessment is imposed under this section, no bench warrant or warrant of arrest shall be issued with respect to the failure to appear at the proceeding for which the assessment is imposed or the failure to pay the fine or installment of bail. An outstanding, unserved bench warrant or warrant of arrest for a failure to appear or for a failure to pay a fine or installment of bail shall be recalled prior to the subsequent imposition of a civil assessment."

http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/1214.1.html (http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/1214.1.html)

For all you know, the court has recalled the warrant and issued the civil assessment. To find out what has happened, call or go to the court and check with the clerk (or just ask to view the file and check for yourself).

South Bay Scott

D4C
03-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I would call the business number at NCCF and find out. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they will try to deliver it twice (as in two weeks in a row).

South Bay
03-24-2010, 04:47 PM
The policy of which Grayworldangel speaks indeed provides that:

"Hardbound books, magazines, and paperbacks may be received by inmates if sent directly from the publisher or a recognized major distributor. These items will be inspected by mail room personnel."

This is the policy currently in effect for the Men’s Central Jail (and Pitchess Detention Facility – South). In a recent conversation I had with Lt. Robbie Ibelle (who is in charge of Inmate Services for the entire LA County jail system), he told me that some of the separate facilities have slightly different rules on books (such as no hardbound books allowed in some facilities [Twin Towers]).

The policy restricting books, magazines, and newspapers to only those received from publishers and distributors is called the “publisher’s only” rule, and in some correctional systems is strictly enforced to include only publishers and/or major book chains (such as Amazon, Borders, and Barnes & Noble), and is sometimes restricted to online book purchases (so for instance, although books would be allowed to ordered from Borders, they would be allowed only from their online sales, and not from one of their bookstores).

The reason behind these policies is to prevent contraband (drugs, cash, etc.) from being sent into the jails (and more specifically, to keep the flow of mail going by not requiring mailroom personnel to have to thoroughly inspect each and every magazine, book or newspaper received). By limiting the sender to publishers and/or recognized vendors, a balance is struck in that the prisoners receive the reading material, and the mailroom personnel do not have to spend an inordinate amount of time inspecting any one item.

Some correctional systems have eliminated the allowance of reading materials sent from bookstores, because crafty friends and family of prisoners have been known to purchase the items at the bookstore, then quickly place the contraband into one of the just purchased items (or before purchase), and then have the bookstore send the package directly from their place of business, thus complying with the more liberal version of the “publisher’s only” rules.

To determine the exact rule in effect in a specific jail in LA County, contact Lt. Ibelle,* who in turn will put you in touch with the Captain, Lieutenant, or other official at the facility in question for further info about their specific rule on the receipt of books, magazines, and/or newspapers.

I recently spoke with a Sgt. Rodriguez at Pitchess South, who (after much effort, including having to find the policy then in effect and call me back) confirmed that their facility allows hardbound books to be received. The practice at South also provides that the book package comes in unopened from the mailroom, and that the prisoner is called out on a pass to receive it. It’s then first opened and inspected in front of the prisoner (like incoming legal mail is processed), and the books are given to the prisoner (with the packaging being retained for disposal by Sheriff’s personnel). Other non-downtown facilities should work the same way (e.g., NCCF, Century, Mira Loma, etc.). (The books I sent to South came directly from a local bookstore, with a Barnes & Noble shipping label affixed.)

Bottom line is that it shouldn’t matter that the books are in used condition, only that they have proper labeling indicating their origin is from a publisher or bookstore.

With respect to the “recognized major distributor” requirement, I believe that when arranging for the books to be sent, just make sure the sender has proper labeling indicating that they are a commercial vendor and hope for the best (if the vender is, for instance. “Harry’s Used Books” located in say, Poughkeepsie, NY). If possible, use the larger book companies, and also have the books sent so that some form of tracking is involved (such as employed by UPS), so that you can at least be assured as to the day the book package is received at the jail (and don’t be surprised if it takes up to a week for the books to actually reach the prisoner after arrival at the jail). (In my experience, books that arrived at the Sheriff’s PO Box address downtown on a Thursday, were distributed to the prisoner the following Monday at Pitchess South.

When dealing with LA County (as with any correctional facility), sometimes the right and the left hands are working against each other, so some facilities may have no problem whatsoever with books sent from a small unknown vender, while other facilities may disallow the book package alltogether. It's sort of like shooting craps (or playing the lottery), so in the end, sometimes all you can do is hope that the odds are in your favor on that particular day. (But as more and more packages are received from venders such as usedbooks.com, then they become more and more recognized.)

If a street address is required by the shipper, you may use the Men’s Central Jail address of:

Prisoner name & number
441 Bauchet Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012

(I believe that mail/books may also be sent directly to each facility’s address, but may delay delivery as perhaps all mail may then be routed back to the main mailroom on Bauchet Street—only to then be sent back to the facility after confirmation as to the prisoner’s location. Anyone with further info as to how the processing of mail actually occurs now is the time to chirp in with your knowledge.)

If possible, try to have only softbound books sent because some of the other facilities (Twin Towers) do not allow prisoners to possess hardbound books; thus even those inmates who are temporarily transferred to Twin Towers for medical reasons, will have the hardbound books taken away (perhaps put with the prisoner’s stored personal property or, more likely, just tossed out).

*Lt. Ibelle may be contacted at:

Phone number: 213-893-5111 (or 213-893-5882)
Email address: ribelle@lasd.org (ribelle@lasd.org)

Good Luck, at please let us others know whether any used books you may order for a prisoner in the LA County jail system arrive safely and are actually delivered to the prisoner without hassle.

South Bay Scott

In the above post, I had posted an incorrect email address for Lt. Ibelle. The correct one is: mribelle@lasd.org (mribelle@lasd.org).

South Bay Scott

South Bay
03-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Lt. Robbie Ibelle is in charge of Inmate Services for the entire LA County Jail system. I've dealt with him in regard to the GTL phone contract, and found he's a straight shooter who will try to help. He prefers to receive queries via email (or at least follow-up info after a phone call to this office).

His email address is: ribelle@lasd.org (ribelle@lasd.org)

South Bay

In the above post, I had posted an incorrect email address for Lt. Ibelle. The correct one is: mribelle@lasd.org (mribelle@lasd.org).

South Bay Scott

halebop
03-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Thank you. MCJ and Pitchess let me bring a book to read while waiting. Will that be okay at Twin Towers too? Are the lockers at the beginning or end of the wait? Do you lock up your car keys / house keys in the locker and just have the locker key and i.d. only. I wonder why keys are fine at MCJ and Pitchess but not Twin Towers...

grayworldangel
03-25-2010, 08:20 AM
South Bay Scott

Mr. Ibelle isn't in charge of programs, anymore-he's moved into business contracts. The new lieutenant in charge of programs, as far as I can tell, is Lieutenant Randal Olson. He used to be in charge of food. They seem to move around a lot...probably to keep us confused. :)

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
03-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Thank you. MCJ and Pitchess let me bring a book to read while waiting. Will that be okay at Twin Towers too? Are the lockers at the beginning or end of the wait? Do you lock up your car keys / house keys in the locker and just have the locker key and i.d. only. I wonder why keys are fine at MCJ and Pitchess but not Twin Towers...

Yes you lock everything in the locker and just take your id and locker key. You can bring your book but I'm pretty sure you have to put that in the locker as well. Who knows babe...they are never consistent. :)

MitosWifee!
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM

When my Husband was in Twin Towers I would hang on to my things until they called my group..I would sit outside and read..The lockers are located inside..When turning in your pass ask them if they can give you an idea what time youll be called..MCJ moved a lot faster then TT..I never got there real early on the weekends but always before the break..I wouldnt be called until after they came back.. I usually waited about 4 hours..Some floors fill up faster then others..I liked going during the week after work the best..Yes everthing gets locked in the locker..I would bring my purse and something to read..

halebop
03-25-2010, 01:06 PM
thanks for everyone's patience with all my questions. if you sit outside and read - is there a risk you won't know when they call you? it sounds like i'll have a chance right before i get to see him to put things in the locker? i'm thinking like at pitchess that if you wait 2 hours in the line and then have stuff with you when you get up there that you can't bring in...you just wasted the whole 2 hours if you're by yourself and don't have someone to bring it to the car. i guess this is different.

he's a trusty so he can have visits everyday. problem is i guess visits stop at 6:00 durint the week and i work until that time so i can't get there in time. i wish i could! so i'll be stuck with weekends. i guess tomorrow i'll get there at 6:00 AM and see how that goes. it seems like TT visits are likely worse than MCJ or Pitchess in terms of how long i'll be there waiting. oh well! at least i get to see him.

MitosWifee!
03-25-2010, 02:09 PM
My Husband was in the Tower across from the parking structure ~Cant remember 1 or 2~ They have a speaker thats outside,so when they announce the names you will be able to hear..Not sure about the other tower..Im pretty sure its the same..I would just have my quarter ready and when I would walk up to the front I would lock my things up on the way.. But if you know the time frame when you will be called you can lock up your things then..

Shad's BabyGirl
04-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi does anyone know what its like to visit wayside on easter sunday? Should i get there really early? I am taking the bus and cannot get there till 830 in the morning. Is that enough time?

sunmoon728
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
easter sunday probably wont be packed because people go with their families. getting there at 8:30 is more than enough time. you should be fine.

Hi does anyone know what its like to visit wayside on easter sunday? Should i get there really early? I am taking the bus and cannot get there till 830 in the morning. Is that enough time?

kelly20
04-10-2010, 01:17 PM
So I am new to this page. My boyfriend was in LA coutny and is now being trasfered to wayside. How does that place run? is it the same or worse than in the towers?. how is wayside? in terms of danger?. Sorry for these questions just really concerned.

sunmoon728
04-10-2010, 06:17 PM
hello. wayside is a bit more peaceful than the towers or mcj. visiting is smoother. parking is free. visits are saturday and sunday from 8 to 2pm. visits are behind glass for 30 minutes on saturday and 30 min on sunday. danger as in for the visitors or inmates? for the inmates, my hunny says its better than downtown LA.

So I am new to this page. My boyfriend was in LA coutny and is now being trasfered to wayside. How does that place run? is it the same or worse than in the towers?. how is wayside? in terms of danger?. Sorry for these questions just really concerned.

hisWildCherry
04-11-2010, 03:25 AM
So I'm a newbie. I just found this site by googling "wayside" and I have some questions. My man was picked up on a warrant for driving with a suspended license. I didn't know that he was at LBPD until they were ready to transfer him to County. The day after he was picked up, i left work early to get to county to try and see him and pick up his property. OMG! What a headache! I get there and they tell me that he is at Central and that I have to wait in the visitors line. I wait the 2 hours just to get up front and have the Sheriff tell me that I need the booking number which I left in the locker as I did NOT know that I needed it. I guess i thought they would just look it up for me. Grrr...he told me to go get it and I had to practically beg him to let me come back to the front of the line! Geez! So finally I return with the booking number for him to tell me that he is still in IRC so I cannot see him! :angry: I left. I decided that I would try back the next morning (Saturday). Trust me...I used all my internet resources to get as much information as possible as who to call, where to go etc. Anyway, I get there, wait in the long @$$ line in the cold for the Sheriff to tell me that he has been moved to Wayside! He proceeded to give me a map that I could not understand! :( After that long story and if anyone is still reading here are my questions:

1) How do I go about letting the system know that my man is certified 51/50 and needs his meds? (i read about the mental thingy on the lasd website but i'm still asking)

2) Should I just wait to hear from him to go visit just in case I have to deal with a whole lot more "red tape"? I hate the thought of not going as I would have to wait a whole other week to visit.

3) With his charge, does anyone have any idea how much time they will give him?

4) I left him $30 on his books. Is that enough? I'm hoping he will be smart and buy a phone card so he can call me. He likes to eat junk food so hopefully he's not just thinking about food!

5) I need his property because he has all of his paperwork I need as far as his medical condition goes. Can I get that on my visit?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any assistance or advice will be greatly appreciated! I really miss my guy! He probably doesn't think that I miss him because I'm so hard on him but I do! Thanks again and God Bless you all!

kelly20
04-11-2010, 07:32 PM
So my boyfriend just entered NCCF i have not received a call from him and i am super worried. are phone calls even allowed in this place??

sunmoon728
04-11-2010, 07:40 PM
yes phone calls are allowed from NCCF. there may different reasons for him not calling. they might not get phone time all the time. sometimes the deputies turn the phones off for no reason. hang in there, he'll call.

kelly20
04-11-2010, 08:23 PM
yes phone calls are allowed from NCCF. there may different reasons for him not calling. they might not get phone time all the time. sometimes the deputies turn the phones off for no reason. hang in there, he'll call.

thank you very much that truly calms me down. when it comes down to safety is this place ok?...this is the first time my bf is in any jail and i am like super worried =/ he did a month inTT and out of the blue hes in NCCF

Annabelle
04-12-2010, 02:03 PM
How long has your boyfriend been there?

A friend of mine there ha been in the hole for 2-3 weeks now because there was a riot between the inmates and the COs, but other than the letters I received from him, I haven't heard anything about it any where else.

kelly20
04-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Omg at NCCF? that is crazy i just hope my boyfriend is in Gods hands and nothing bad happens to him

vanny82
04-13-2010, 10:51 AM
I really want to see my husband this weekend. He is in wayside and i dont have a car :( If anyone is going there from the l.a. area and is willing to let me come along i will help with gas. Please help!!

msmarrie
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
My baby has been trying to get some Cheese Whiz for weeks now and he never gets it. Now this may sound petty, but he is a vegetarian (over 15 years) so he doesn't eat much in there as it is and has had to start eating meat to compensate his diet. Damn it just give the man his CHEESE :angry:!

Sorry had to vent. Going back to my corner now :(.

msmarrie
04-15-2010, 12:41 AM
So I'm a newbie. I just found this site by googling "wayside" and I have some questions. My man was picked up on a warrant for driving with a suspended license. I didn't know that he was at LBPD until they were ready to transfer him to County. The day after he was picked up, i left work early to get to county to try and see him and pick up his property. OMG! What a headache! I get there and they tell me that he is at Central and that I have to wait in the visitors line. I wait the 2 hours just to get up front and have the Sheriff tell me that I need the booking number which I left in the locker as I did NOT know that I needed it. I guess i thought they would just look it up for me. Grrr...he told me to go get it and I had to practically beg him to let me come back to the front of the line! Geez! So finally I return with the booking number for him to tell me that he is still in IRC so I cannot see him! :angry: I left. I decided that I would try back the next morning (Saturday). Trust me...I used all my internet resources to get as much information as possible as who to call, where to go etc. Anyway, I get there, wait in the long @$$ line in the cold for the Sheriff to tell me that he has been moved to Wayside! He proceeded to give me a map that I could not understand! :( After that long story and if anyone is still reading here are my questions:

1) How do I go about letting the system know that my man is certified 51/50 and needs his meds? (i read about the mental thingy on the lasd website but i'm still asking)

2) Should I just wait to hear from him to go visit just in case I have to deal with a whole lot more "red tape"? I hate the thought of not going as I would have to wait a whole other week to visit.

3) With his charge, does anyone have any idea how much time they will give him?

4) I left him $30 on his books. Is that enough? I'm hoping he will be smart and buy a phone card so he can call me. He likes to eat junk food so hopefully he's not just thinking about food!

5) I need his property because he has all of his paperwork I need as far as his medical condition goes. Can I get that on my visit?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any assistance or advice will be greatly appreciated! I really miss my guy! He probably doesn't think that I miss him because I'm so hard on him but I do! Thanks again and God Bless you all!

I can answer some of your questions. Thise phone cards are $10 bucks and I think it will probably get you about a 25 minute call. Let him have his food, they don't get much to eat on their meals. Call GTL or go to the website and set up your cell to take collect calls you will have to use your credit or debit card to put 25 or 50 dollars on your phone. You have to let him know there is money on his books because they won't tell him. I think you can only pick up property at the IRC, you can check the website for that information. I would think you need to call someone and avvise them of his condition. My baby i much happier (happier?) at PDC than at Twin Towers he says it is far cleaner and its a better atmosphere.

msmarrie
04-15-2010, 12:43 AM
I really want to see my husband this weekend. He is in wayside and i dont have a car :( If anyone is going there from the l.a. area and is willing to let me come along i will help with gas. Please help!!

Google wayout2wayside. Also you can take metrolink to get there, there will be some walking involved once you get there but at least you get there.

msmarrie
04-15-2010, 12:46 AM

Mine says PDC is better, cleaner and better atmosphere. He also says the guards there are pretty cool and evryone has been nice when I visited. He started out at Supermax which he said was a bit scary but then he was moved to East which appears to be pretty laid back.

TOVAR81
04-15-2010, 01:01 AM
:confused:

Miss Meeow
04-15-2010, 08:22 AM
Maybe this web site (http://www.lasd.org/lasd_services/custody-services/mail_regulations.html) will help you?! ;)

Annabelle
04-15-2010, 08:22 AM
My baby has been trying to get some Cheese Whiz for weeks now and he never gets it. Now this may sound petty, but he is a vegetarian (over 15 years) so he doesn't eat much in there as it is and has had to start eating meat to compensate his diet. Damn it just give the man his CHEESE :angry:!

Sorry had to vent. Going back to my corner now :(.

My son would use cheez-its, smash them up, add a little water and make a "cheese paste." -- Maybe that will help him get through until he can get his cheese whiz??

kelly20
04-15-2010, 04:35 PM
So i talked to my boyfriend and went from nccf to east side max...is this place smoother?...my boyfriend said he was better off at nccf?...what have you guys heard?..does any one know if early release is possible in these places?...any way that i can get him out on house arrest?..i am so sorry i am asking all these questions he is in jail for the first time ever and i am super worried

kelly20
04-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Is the visiting process like 4 to 5 hours long i heard different stories everyday and well i have never been there and would like to be updated bc i am going to go see my boyfriend on saturday...

sunmoon728
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
all mail must be addressed like this even if they are at wayside:

Inmate Name, Booking Number
PO BOX 86164
Terminal Annex
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164

Mint2bee
04-15-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi girls,

fyi, i just got off the phone with my love and our call was cut short due to lockdown.

Sorry, no other information.

sunmoon728
04-15-2010, 11:56 PM
what facility is the lockdown on?