(MINIMUM SECURITY-STATE FACILITY)

INMATE CAPACITY:640

Prison Address: PO BOX 820 YANCEYVILLE, NC 27379

Prison Main Phone Number: 336-694-1583

Prison Fax Number: Unknown

Prison E-mail Address: N/A

Key Contact Names: MR. TALBOT

DIRECTIONS:
- Take I-40/85 to Mebane and exit north onto N.C. 119 for approximately 19 miles to Hightowers to N.C. 86, then travel north 4 miles to N.C. 86/U.S. 158 merge. Drive west for 4 miles to Yanceyville. Stay on N.C. 86 driving 2 miles north of town and turn onto County Home Road. Then take an immediate left and follow the street to the end where the prison is located.

Visitation Hours:
SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS IN 1 HR AND 45 MINUTE BLOCKS-
CHANGE MONTHLY BY INMATE FIRST INITIAL IN LAST NAME

Visiting Rules:

CONTACT VISITS

FIRST WEEKEND OF EACH MONTH YOU MAY BRING IN FOOD, NO BEVERAGES-ALL FOOD MUST BE IN UNBREAKABLE CONTAINERS

Only those persons who are approved and listed on the offenders visiting list will be permitted to visit.

INMATE MUST SUBMIT LIST.

Visitors, 16 years of age or older, are required to show valid picture identification.

Dress Code:

ACTUALLY VERY LENIENT ON DRESS CODE-CAN WEAR DRESSES, SHORTS, CAPS ETC- I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE TURNED AWAY FOR INNAPROPRIATE DRESS

OTHER INFO:

ALL VISITS INSIDE IN DINING AREA
VENDING MACHINE,MICROWAVE AND CHANGE MACHINE AVAILABLE
BATHROOM ACCESSIBLE FROM VISTNG AREA AND HAVE CHANGING TABLES FOR BABIES
NO METAL DETECTORS
PITURES AVAILABLE FOR $2.00 APIECE -POLAROIDS
BACKDROPS FOR PHOTOS AVAILABLE

**WAIT IS HORRENDOUS --ESPECIALLY ON DAYS YOU CAN BRING FOOD-I SUGGEST GETTING THERE A MINIMUM OF THIRTY MINUTES EARLY AND BE PREPARED TO WAIT OUTSIDE**

PLEASE PM ME FOR ANY ADDTL INFO

Bruces's angel
12-23-2008, 08:05 PM
My husband is at Dan River.It was supose to be for only six months,but has turned out to be a year.He has cv passes but they wont let me go anywhere he'll be at.We were married in prison so we havn't even consacrated uor marriage.Does anyone have any sugestions? Bruce's angel

sweetbliss2006
04-11-2009, 09:48 PM
i just found out an old friend was in there.... could u tell me when u send letters do you use the po box #?

ashley711
04-11-2009, 10:27 PM
My husband used to be there when he was locked up the first time, now he is in max and man oh man I miss Dan River!!!

sweetbliss2006
04-13-2009, 08:55 AM
when you wrote him did you have too use the po box??

My husband used to be there when he was locked up the first time, now he is in max and man oh man I miss Dan River!!!

ashley711
04-13-2009, 10:24 PM
The P.O. Box is the mailing addy.....thats the one you need to write to.

pooh4utoo
04-29-2010, 10:37 AM
do you still have someone in dan river? my husband's there til aug. what kind of food can you bring and can you bring it on a saturday visit on the first weekend of the month? just confused about it all. :confused:

mrscampbell
07-20-2010, 05:36 PM
my guy is sup to be going there...looking to find out how visits are? i keep reading about waiting in line...kinda confussing where he is now we just walk as a group up together...is it first come first serve type visits or???