View Full Version : Access Securepak - Spring and Holiday Packages for SC Inmates

Kahlan
10-30-2004, 11:48 AM
I've heard that this Christmas, we will not be able to mail in packages to inmates. We will be required to purchase gifts from an outside vendor (chosen by SCDC) and they will handle all mailings. This takes away one of the few small pleasures left to family members of picking out and actually holding an item that our loved ones will wear. I have no information on the price, selection or quality of these items.

stevesmom
11-02-2004, 07:41 AM
My son told me they were going to have pre-selected packages and you can buy a package containing various items. He said they told him they would be giving out the information soon, so family can pick out the package or packages of items wanted for them. Sucks if you ask me...

Kahlan
11-02-2004, 09:45 AM
I agree. I know what kind of socks he likes - the thick ones with arch support to help cussion the impact of walking on concrete every day. I don't think I'll find those in the package deals. It took me half a day to shop for them last year and it was fun actually doing something for him. I knew I was sending something that would make his time a little bit better - love from home. I'll miss that this year.

stevesmom
11-02-2004, 10:06 AM
I was looking forward to actually being able to get him something, make him feel normal! He loves flannel boxers! I was hoping to be able to get him some. And BIG towels. Hopefully the packages won't be sorry quality things. Our whole family is waiting, they all want to get him one of whatever they have to offer, just to let him know we are thinking of him and really going to miss him at our Christmas this year. Don't know that I can even go, my husband's family gets together at his parents house, with sisters,brothers,aunts,uncles and all the children they were 73 of us last year. I can't imagine it without Steven...

Kahlan
11-02-2004, 11:12 AM
73 people! Oh my goodness! Where did you put everybody? How did you remember all the names? I just can't imagine! My family is a small group. That must be lots of fun! I'm sorry that Steven will miss it this year. You will have to send him pictures! I try to send pictures of everything. I think it helps. I hope the packages will be nice. I like to send a little comfort when I can.

stevesmom
11-02-2004, 01:08 PM
His parents house is rather large, but still we were wall to wall. It always has been fun because there are so many small children and so many presents it is a joy to watch. I don't think I will have as much laughter this year as past years though. My family too is very small so it is such a difference from them to his family..I like that they are still so close..Steven will get pictures of every moment from me and the rest of them.

mistee
11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
This came from the SCDC website:;)

Families will be able to purchase custom packages through Access Securepak now through November 30, 2004. Order forms will be available at each institution beginning November 5, 2004 along with catalogs with pictures of each product. All orders will be shipped to the institutions the week of December 13-18, 2004.
There is a website where families can begin to place orders: www.southcarolinapackages.com (http://www.southcarolinapackages.com/)

http://www.state.sc.us/scdc/images/SCAPkgProCvr.jpg

Kahlan
11-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Thanks, Mistee! There seem to be no limit of what you can send and there is a food option this year. I like that, but I'll miss shopping and choosing the perfect gift.

stevesmom
11-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Thanks so much for the info. Not a very good selection...It made me cry to know this was all I had to choose from for my son for Christmas. I guess magazine subscriptions or some books too will it make it not so bad.

Kahlan
11-04-2004, 11:16 AM
I agree. Those towels don't look very thick and who wears tube socks!?

Kahlan
11-08-2004, 09:49 AM
I just got off the phone with SCDC and Access Securepack. Only 2 orders will be accepted per inmate - 1 for food, and 1 for clothing (if one person orders both food and clothing, this counts as 2 orders and that's all the inmate will be able to receive). Orders that come in after that will not be accepted! Get together with friends and family as soon as possible to combine and send in your order!

www.southcarolinapackages.com
1-800-546-6283

Kahlan
11-08-2004, 10:55 AM
If you're unable to order from the catalog, you can still send money to the Cooper Trust Fund, or order books and magazines from a bookstore or publisher. But remember to order early so that packages will be received by Christmas!

coolchik4sure
11-14-2004, 03:54 PM
So, we cannot buy the t-shirts, boxer briefs, socks and thermals outside, and send them in their original packaging? I went to the site with the apparel but I was not aware we had to order from there or nothing?? Please advice.

Kahlan
11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
You can only buy from the catalog this year. If you mail something that you've bought, it will be returned to you.

coolchik4sure
11-14-2004, 09:43 PM
One more question, I read something about $100 limit. Does this mean $100 total for both orders, or $100/ order? If the latter, you could send 2 orders, each totaling $100. Hope this is making sense!

Kahlan
11-14-2004, 10:26 PM
Ya know, none of this is making sense. I was told by SCDC Inmate Services and by the catalog company that they could get one box with food and one box with clothing only. That if one person bought both food and clothing and they only bought one pickle and one T-shirt with their order, that was all the inmate could recieve. No one else would be able to put an order in for additional items for that inmate.

Then, I get a note that was handed out at Allendale stating that each inmate could receive up to $100 in food. It went on to explain that if Mom ordered $75 worth and then Dad sent an order totaling $75, that he difference would be returned to the person ordering last. That is not what I was told at the catalog company. I asked them that specifically and they said that they would cut orders off after someone had placed an order for food or clothing. They don't combine orders.

So, I really don't know. I'm getting up one big order and asking everyone to donate money. I will send him a list of the people who contributed. I'm afraid to chance ordering seperately.

If anyone has done this or hears additional information from the company or SCDC, please let me know. I called early in the process, so things may have changed since then.

coolchik4sure
11-14-2004, 10:35 PM
I will try to get more info, but I'm not risking it. I will send one package, letting

everyone contribute.

coolchik4sure
11-15-2004, 11:02 AM
I am so upset with this...the only enjoyment I get out of Christmas with him is being able to pick-out his t-shirts, boxer briefs, ect. The selection is awful and I thought the prices were steep for the quality! (Of course, it's hard to tell the quality by a picture, but it looks very basic!)

Also, what if your man wears boxer briefs...these are not even offered! He will freakout! I hate this except the food part. Only b/c they stopped any food items from home!

Jan7El
11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
OK, I am going to whine and maybe make you feel better. My son is in Missouri and they can't receive anything for Christmas. I wish we could order from a vendor. Count your blessings!

coolchik4sure
11-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Jan, that stinks for sure! I just get weary of the "routine" and they switch it up. I know this is prison, blah, blah, blah, but why can't he have a choice between HANES and FRUIT OF THE LOOM? Seems petty, but major to him and me! Just frustrated!

missmymaninsc
11-15-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh my goodness! Get this guys......I just got off the phone with my fiance and you would not believe what he just told me......You know that website that we can purchase Christmas stuff for the inmates?? Well, he said that $.30 of every dollar goes to the state........you know, WE CAN'T WIN FOR LOSING!!!!:angry: I think that's crazy!

barons lady
11-15-2004, 07:07 PM
:angry: they act as if they don't get enough money now. what next are they going to charge us a fee to visit besides those high snack prices

coolchik4sure
11-15-2004, 09:28 PM
I really hate how the Christmas packages are being done. The choices are awful and my man is going to freak...they only offer briefs! He only wears boxer briefs so I am waiting any day now for him to explode!

Von's Mahogany
11-23-2004, 06:56 AM
I HAD NO CLUE THE PACKAGING WAS DONE THIS WAY!!

Kahlan
11-23-2004, 09:00 AM
Hey all, I have been on the phone for days with SCDC and ACCESS. Now everyone is on the same page. The FINAL word is: More than one person can order food and clothing! The limit for food is $100 total for all orders. Clothing has per item limits. Whew!

teddyjam4me
11-24-2004, 09:11 AM
6.25 for a pair of tidy whities 9.00 for 1 tee shirt, The Grinch that Stole Christmas. THere is a 300% mark up. All the theives aren't locked up. SCDC has found another way to profiteer off inmates families yet again.

supervixen
12-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I was just curious to know if anybodies loved one received there Christmas Package(s) yet. I know my friend is extremely excited to get the food package I sent. Let us know.

SCDC Mom
12-15-2004, 06:20 AM
My son received his yesterday morning. He is a Lee CI.

MsAkbar
12-15-2004, 04:51 PM
I think my husband will be getting his soon. I was told his prison is one of the first to be delivered to in NC? I am excited for him. :)

Kahlan
12-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Holiday packages have arrived at Allendale Correctional Institution! He called last night and said that he got a "big sack of food!"

supervixen
12-16-2004, 02:57 PM
My friend at Evans had yet to receive his package as of yesterday. He said rumor has it they would be getting them in today. I'm not surprised if the individuals at Evans were to be the last ones to receive their packages given the recent circumstances. He says he's had nightmares about not getting his. Bless his heart.

coolchik4sure
12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Supervixen, how sad your friend feels that way, but understandable...even the little excitement of a "Christmas Package" is a bummer for those guys!! :(

I don't know what's going to happen to my boyfriends since he is not at Evans right now, and don't know when he will be going back??? :confused: :confused:

I was looking forward to him receiving the food!

supervixen
12-17-2004, 02:43 PM
coolchik4sure,
My friend had told me if he was transferred after I had ordered the package it would follow him. Is you boyfriend still in Spartansburg? I hope he still gets his package wherever he may be. For the sake of you both I hope he doesn't go back to Evans.

Kahlan
12-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Did anybody get crab or shrimp in their food packages? At Allendale, they substituted sardines for the crab and shrimp.

coolchik4sure
12-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Supervixen, yeah, he's still at Spartanburg and HAS to return to Evans!! :(

Well, what about price difference in the crab/shrimp versus sardines? That really makes me mad...sardines for crab/shrimp?? Am I missing the big picture here?? Do they really think that's equitable?

So, I guess plenty of packages will have "substitutes" but they should have to notify you. I did check "no substitutes" when I ordered?? :confused:

SCDC Mom
12-18-2004, 07:48 PM
I ordered both for my son. I ordered it on line on 11/27 and he received all with no substitutions. He is at Lee.

Kahlan
12-19-2004, 11:43 AM
I checked no substitutions too. He has a form to fill out about the wrong items. He's been told that they will straighten it out. They gave him the wrong size undies too.

supervixen
12-20-2004, 11:02 AM
My friend finally received his package on Thursday with much anticipation. I ordered his online 11/20 and I did check for him to receive substitutes for items no longer in stock. He's not real picky. He didn't get the peanut brittle he wanted but I think that was the only thing. Lucky for him he didn't ask for crab or shrimp. He was so giddy when I spoke with him yesterday, it's probably from all the sugar he's been eating. He said he hasn't been to chow in 3 days. It makes me happy to hear how excited he is to have gotten the Christmas package. He is very gracious. Thanks to everyone for your posts.

Kahlan
12-20-2004, 06:58 PM
My guy said that he's been enjoying "real coffee" and poptarts. They threw in Jolly Ranchers too. He loves those! That was a good surprise! He's been sharing with some guys that didn't get anything.

stevesmom
12-23-2004, 09:51 PM
steven got his package Thursday. He only got his clothes.They lost his food package but the company called me and said he would be recieving it in the next week that they had cleared it with SCDC for their mistakes. He was happy with the clothes although he laughed at me and said I overdid it. He has given away some of the things I ordered him in excess to some of the guys that didn't recieve a package. I am glad he did that. I hope every one has a Merry Christmas! I hope you all get to visit with your loved ones!

Kahlan
12-24-2004, 09:04 AM
It's funny how resourceful they can be. At Allendale, they were going to make breakfast burritos. One guy had some eggs, another had hot sausage, one had jalapeno cheese and another guy had tortillas. I guess they will make them in the microwave. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Be careful everyone and let us hear about your Christmas visits!

SCDC Mom
03-23-2005, 07:18 AM
My son who is in McCormick CI called last night and said that the co's told them yesterday that they are going to be able to get spring prison packages like we purchased last year at Christmas. He didn't have full details. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

SCDC Mom
03-23-2005, 07:22 AM
I just spoke with a Captain at McCormick and this is true. She said that they inmates have the information. I'm not sure why it is not on the internet.

I went to the website www.southcarolinapackages.com (http://www.southcarolinapackages.com) and the following message was displayed.

South Carolina Program will be available from April 1, 2005 to May 6, 2005. Any orders received after May 6th will not be processed.

So I guess it is true after all.

JAZ_564
03-23-2005, 08:54 AM
thanks so much for that information. I was wandering that the other day. Do you know if they are only allowed one care package. I know is mom will want to send him one also. thanks again.

SCDC Mom
03-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Not sure, I know that they could get 2 at Christmas.

GladDad
03-23-2005, 10:49 AM
I went to the web site and saw that you could not access the SC prisons list, is that an oversight, or will it be available after April 1, 2005?
Thanks,
Danny

UPDATE::: I called ACCESS and they said that the catalogs will not be online till April 1,2005

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) Praise God for this!!!!!!

Kahlan
03-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Danny - Did they say if there was a price limit on the order? And can more than one person order until the limit is reached?

GladDad
03-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Kahlan, It just happened that I got a form from my son today, who is in Lieber. I will email you a copy of the form after my wife scans it if that is ok, it has a alot of info on it. However I am almost sure that there was a $100.00 maximum limit, and a $15.00 minimum. There is a $4.00 processing fee per order. I went back and looked and I did not see where more than 1 person could order. I will scan and email you the form.

Danny

Danny - Did they say if there was a price limit on the order? And can more than one person order until the limit is reached?

stormie
03-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Thanks everyone for the info.

stormie

stormie
03-30-2005, 08:28 AM
Danny could you please e-mail me a form as well for the spring packages? My son is also at Lieber.
Thank you in advance
stormie

Kahlan, It just happened that I got a form from my son today, who is in Lieber. I will email you a copy of the form after my wife scans it if that is ok, it has a alot of info on it. However I am almost sure that there was a $100.00 maximum limit, and a $15.00 minimum. There is a $4.00 processing fee per order. I went back and looked and I did not see where more than 1 person could order. I will scan and email you the form.

Danny

GladDad
04-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I went to the website: http://www.southcarolinapackages.com
and you can now order online. I will be glad to email anyone the form if you need to print it out, just send me a PM with your email address.
Danny

Fern
04-08-2005, 09:28 AM
My son who is in McCormick CI called last night and said that the co's told them yesterday that they are going to be able to get spring prison packages like we purchased last year at Christmas. He didn't have full details. Has anyone else heSouth Carolina Spring Program http://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/images/catalogcovers/SouthCarolina_Cover.jpg (http://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/login.htm?ProgramID=22)
Click image above to begin shopping
Do you have a family member or friend in the South Carolina Prison System?
Send a care package to show them you care!

Access Securepak is an approved vendor for the South Carollina Department of Corrections Spring Package Program. From seafood and sausages, to snacks and candy, create the perfect package. Shopping on-line is easy to do! Just click on the catalog image and start shopping!

-$100.00 maximum limit on all food orders
-$15.00 minimum order (excluding shipping & handling)
-Quantity limits apply to clothing items (see item listing in website)
-$4.00 shipping and handling charge
-Last day to place orders on-line is May 6, 2005, 7:00 CST
ard anything about this?

Fern
04-08-2005, 09:30 AM
My son who is in McCormick CI called last night and said that the co's told them yesterday that they are going to be able to get spring prison packages like we purchased last year at Christmas. He didn't have full details. Has anyone else he

http://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/index.html

ard anything about this?

Sonnie
04-15-2005, 09:17 AM
You can order online up to $100.00. They handed out forms at Evans during visitation and the inmate was able to fill out what he wanted. Then I ordered online. This is something they look forward to.

Kahlan
04-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Last time there was some confusion about how many people could send in orders. At first, they said that only one person could order food and one could order clothing. If one person ordered both, that was all that they would receive. Then, they changed it to taking multiple orders until the total reached $100. What are they doing this time?

BuTTaFLyy
05-04-2005, 02:17 PM
I know the deadline for spring was May 6 i think, so when would we be able to send packages again? Christmas or something? and all of the inmates toiletries and such have to be ordered from the canteen is that right or is there a place we can go online to order things to have shipped to them?

McCardMcNeiece
05-05-2005, 12:49 AM
i wish i would have known about this earlier.

BuTTaFLyy
05-05-2005, 04:27 AM
I know the deadline to send the Spring care package was May 6th I believe, when will we be able to send again, will it be on the holidays? Do inmates have to purchase all personal stuff from the canteen or is there a website that we can go to buy them stuff and have it shipped, thanks in advance

SCDC Mom
05-05-2005, 10:52 AM
We have only been able to send packages at Christmas in the past. This year is the first time we have been able to send them in the spring. I know that you can send books that are shipped from a bookstore or a book companies website but I think that is pretty much it. Oh, you can send pictures.

rlewis729
05-05-2005, 11:04 AM
There are websites you can use to order "Quarterly Packages", but it depends on what state the inmate is in. For Cali, you can use Walkenhorsts.com; for Cali and some other states, you can use Access Securepak.

Does anyone know if inmates in the state of Illinois are allowed to receive packages? And what is the procedure?

SCDC Mom
05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
In South Carolina it is definitely only Christmas and now spring packages.

Kahlan
05-05-2005, 01:00 PM
They will probably do it again before Christmas. This is only the second time that they've offered it. You can't order anything else online. The best thing to do is send money to their Cooper account to use at the canteen.

McCardMcNeiece
05-05-2005, 05:07 PM
i didnt even know you could send packages until last night...wish i would have known sooner

SCDC Mom
05-18-2005, 11:50 AM
I know that the packages are being shipped this week. Anyone have any idea when our loved ones might receive them?

SCDC Mom
05-20-2005, 10:57 AM
Hi again! This is scary, I'm answering myself. My son called last night and said that the packages have arrived at McCormick C.I. They haven't given them out but they are there.

SCDC Mom
05-25-2005, 08:03 AM
Hi all! My son is at McCormick and he received his package yesterday. They made all the inmates come to the education building and go through their packages and then sign off on a paper saying all the things were there.

My son hurriedly went through his and then when he got back to his dorm, he discovered some things were missing. It was too late then. So PLEASE make sure to tell your loved one to check their shipment thoroughly before signing off on anything.

Barb

SCDC Mom
09-27-2005, 08:35 AM
I just logged onto the access website and got this message. So it looks like soon we will be able to order our loved ones their Christmas packages.

South Carolina Holiday Program is not available. Ordering will begin on October 10th - November 25th. All orders will be shipped to the facilities between December 6th - December 16th.

Mhystro
09-27-2005, 09:00 AM
Hi SCDC MOM

Where do you go to find out info about the packages.

SCDC Mom
09-27-2005, 11:16 AM
This is the shortcut but all they have listed is what i just posted.

http://www.southcarolinapackages.com/

Barb

Jamiesheart
09-27-2005, 01:31 PM
This is the first (and only) Christmas that Jamie has been at Allendale. When he was at Chester we could buy him most anything for Christmas because it was a county ran jail. Does anybody know what I can send him from this catalog place? Or what the rules are about sending stuff?

SCDC Mom
09-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Very strict rules. T-shirts, underwear, wash cloths, towels, socks, thermals and food that they have listed. Quantities are limited by SCDC and last year we could spend $100 on food then they gave a limit on the clothing and such.

Kahlan
09-27-2005, 10:00 PM
I think that if you try to over order, it won't let you.

Popular items last year were the Colombian coffee and Pop Tarts (generic).

Marchio1948
09-29-2005, 10:01 PM
My son is at Lieber,he said I can only send him underwear,and he wasn't really sure about that.

SCDC Mom
09-30-2005, 04:56 AM
Diane, is he on death row or lock up? Keep watching the SCDC site. Usually you can send anyone the same items unless they are on death row or lock up.

Barb

BuTTaFLyy
09-30-2005, 07:56 AM
When will the packages be available? This will be my first time ordering for my husband so does he have to send me some kind of form? or can i place an order on the website and they just forward the package to him and i pay with my credit card on the website? and there is a total of $100 that we can spend on the packages? is that right, please advise someone, id like to know what all i need to do..thanks in advance
BuTTaFlyy

SCDC Mom
10-01-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi Buttaflyy!

You may spend up to $100 on food and then you will be able to purchase towels, t-shirts, etc up to the limit that the SCDC sets. I honestly can't remember but I think we could by 6 t-shirts, socks, underwear, etc.. last year.

You may order on-line or you honey will most likely get a list (form) showing all that is available.

Barb

emarhoefer
10-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I would like to find out if this catalog ordering is allowed in the Texas prison system, anyone know? Help would be appreciated

Kahlan
10-01-2005, 11:49 PM
At the general address: http://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/index.html
TX isn't on the list if you click on the catalog.

joshsmom221
10-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Y'all are just WONDERFUL! I came to ask a question and reading the posts my question was answered. I was questioning if the total order had to be $100.00 or if it was $100.00 plus the clothing. I see it is $100.00 plus clothing. I got a real tickle out of Josh. Now understand that Josh can't stand asking us for anything so when I went to visit him last weekend he shyly told me that the Christmas list was out and then he pulled it out of his pocket. Wouldn't you know these old peepers can't see without reading glasses and I left my glasses in the car. So, I told him to write down what he wanted and mail the list to me. I got that list today. I reckon he decided to make it good because he wrote down a list that totaled up to $99.70! He said forget underwear - send food! He even checked off coffee and last I know he doesn't drink coffee.

I'm so glad they are offering this program. At least I feel like I'm giving my son a present. And it sure is needed. Josh is not a big eater but he finally told me that he's learning to live with hunger. Isn't that terrible? Is that part of rehabilitation? I think not. It's part of revenge. So sad.

Sherrie

SCDC Mom
10-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Sherrie:

I know that is one of the biggest heartbreaks for a mom. I think the first year that my son was in prison, I lost 15 or 20 pounds. I couldn't bear to eat and think of him being hungry. God Bless you and Josh!

Barb

joshsmom221
10-12-2005, 02:15 AM
Thank you, Barb. I know things will get easier but it sure helps to have someone remind me of that. I'm just sorry that you are the one having to hold my hand. I wish you didn't have to know what I'm going through.

Did you get your son's package ordered? I ran to the computer yesterday! I hope my son has a way to keep his things safe. I ordered right up to the food limit. Maybe it will hold him over until the spring packages. Seems like they could offer these every 3 or 4 months. OK. Someone does something wrong - I get punishment but I don't get starvation. But, I should not be complaining. Dianne doesn't get to send her son any food. I'm hoping she can at least put money in his account so he can eat something out of the canteen.

How did you find the prices? I thought they were fair. Some overpriced but considering we are buying from a business that bought from a business that has to pay shipping, on and on I think it is pretty good. I'm just thankful I can do something.

Sherrie

SCDC Mom
10-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Sherrie:

Thanks for your encouragement also. I'm so glad we are all here. It seems like when one of us gets "down" there are others here to lift us up.

Make sure to tell Josh to check every single item when he gets his package. I know that last year several people were short and just sort of glanced at their package and then signed off saying everything was there. In this situation, every item counts and if Josh signs off saying it's all there, then there is nothing anyone can do when he discovers that they have "shorted" him some items.

It happened to my son last year and he said that no matter how long it takes, he will definitely check every single item this year.

Barb

arlo
10-13-2005, 09:44 AM
okay, so i was just on the phone (11:30am oct 13th) with southcarolinapackages.com (access). the lady i spoke to said that SC is limited to:

$100 max to include food AND/OR clothing.

i asked her to clarify that point. she said if you have $100 in food order, the computer will NOT allow any more merchandise to be ordered (i.e.any clothing). so according to the company you can order a combination of food/clothing totaling $100. if someone has first hand knowlege of this being different, please let me know. i wanna load my brother up if i can.

also, keep in mind if you order by phone, she will give you a subtotal which INCLUDES the shipping. if you want to maximize what you send, subtract the $4 from the subtotal she gives you...but make sure to ask her if the subtotal given to you is with/without shipping. i had to keep asking for a subtotal because i didn't take the time to verify what was on the form. shame on me. ;)

too, i found a discrepancy between the form and what the online ordering will allow. under CHEESE PRODUCTS, item #82859 CITY COW 2 OZ JALAPENO CHEESE SQUEEZE SNACK is listed on the paper form, but is showing "unavailable" on the website. i even tried entering the # manually, but no dice. so i called them on it. this item IS available so i had to place my order over the phone to ensure my brother gets this. if i hadn't called, i would've assumed it was not available based on the website info. so if you find something online that shows as not available, CALL THEM. 1-800-546-6283. it might seem petty to some, but if my brother takes the time to tell me he wants 10 cheese squeezes, i'm gonna make sure he gets 10 cheese squeezes. :)

SCDC Mom
10-13-2005, 10:50 AM
Hi Arlo:

I haven' t ordered this time, myself. But I have ordered twice (2 times) last year and both times were $100 for food plus the limits on the clothing. I will let you know when I try to order on line.

Barb

Kahlan
10-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Last year, you could order $100 in food and up to the allowed limit on clothing. I had to go through many phone calls to get everyone to agree on what we could order.

SCDC Mom
12-12-2005, 06:19 AM
My credit card hasn't even been charged yet. I thought that they were supposed to have already started shipping.

Annie-Doll
12-12-2005, 12:34 PM
My husband received his last week. Everything was delivered as ordered.

SCDC Mom
12-12-2005, 02:47 PM
where is he located at? My son is at McCormick. No one there has received one to my knowledge.

barky586
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
My son-in-law is at Wateree. He got his Friday I believe. He says they are still delivering them. He was short, I believe, 11 cans of Jack Mac.

Annie-Doll
12-12-2005, 07:05 PM
SCDC Mom, He is located at Livesay Pre-Release in Spartanburg County.

SCDC Mom
12-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Well, I called the company and they tell me that they are not through shipping them but still, no charge on my debit card. I'm getting kind of nervous here.

SCsister
12-14-2005, 06:02 PM
My brother got his this week. Everything was as ordered.

Annie-Doll
12-14-2005, 06:39 PM
SCDC Mom, I know you are frustrated but I would rather my husband have received his closer to Christmas than when he did receive it. Hang in there!

SCDC Mom
12-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Ok, so maybe they are delivering by institution. I wonder if anyone else at McCormick has received thiers. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

anonymous-in-sc
12-15-2005, 03:13 PM
they've been getting theirs where i work too.

SCDC Mom
12-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the info anon. Again today, my sons package did not ship.If anyone hears from Sheila or anyone else at McCormick, please check it out for me and see if their loved one has theirs. Joey says he doesn't think anyone there has received one.

SCDC Mom
12-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Joey called Saturday and they finally gave out packages late Friday night at McCormick. I called Access on Friday and they told me that McCormick had been scheduled for earlier but they didn't want the packages given out early. Anyway, when I was there this weekend, they were still giving them out. Thanks to everyone for the all the info.

SUSIE_SC
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Another Mom (thanks Diane) reminded me about Spring packages, so I e-mailed with a question about when. They start taking orders April 3 thru May 14. Everyone, I just wanted to give you a heads up. Don't let it slip by you. Our boys, oops, men look forward to this. I finally got to visit my son this past Sunday and it really made my day. After 3 months, I was about crazy with worry. But, he looked great and he is also in a good frame of mind. Of course, I was sweating it, but he was as cool as a cucumber. I'm sure it meant as much to him as it did to me and his daughter, but they try not to show their excitement (you know, got to keep up appearances). The mean guard was not there that day (Wateree) and they have polished the floors, for the first time (ever) I believe. They have installed metal detectors inside the visitation room, but I think they were just behind times. Everywhere else has had them forever. We did not have to take off our shoes, but he did. That is kind of crazy, don't you think? I would understand us doing it more than him. We could try to smuggle something in, but him, out?? Whatever, I am just happy that all of the problems have been solved and I can start visiting every other week again. Anyway, don't forget the spring packages.

Susie

barky586
03-21-2006, 07:25 PM
Suzie, your guy must be on the same schedule as my son-in-law. We visited Sunday morning. Did you go afternoon or morning? Just curious (nosy LOL!). :)

SUSIE_SC
03-22-2006, 07:52 PM
I was there on Sunday morning. I had my 8 yr old granddaughter with me. Did you see me? I was wearing an army jacket.......Susie

barky586
03-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Not sure. We were sitting in the back. Hubby and I (two 40 year old's) and our daughter, who is 22. :)

SUSIE_SC
03-23-2006, 08:01 PM
We were sitting midway alongside the vending machines. I am 55, you little young chick. I don't know how you missed us, my granddaughter is pretty active. I am going again not this Sunday, but next. I am shooting for the AM, maybe I'll see you then. I usually arrive around 9-9:30. I try to give everyone time to get in, so I don't have to stand in line. Sometimes it actually works......Us moms are sure steady but not always so sturdy. (Standing in line) ha, ha, ha....

Susie

rollo
03-24-2006, 09:17 AM
can anyone tell me how long we have to get the orders in for this? my son did not say anything about it when i talked to him monday night. thanks, rollo

Annie-Doll
03-24-2006, 11:02 AM
From April 3 thru May 14 - Here is the website.

http://www.southcarolinapackages.com

rollo
03-24-2006, 01:07 PM
thanks so much for the information. rollo

sweetnsassy_295
04-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the information about the Spring Packages.

SC1063
05-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Hello. Is there anywhere on here that has the rules regarding the spring packages? What I need to know actually is the dollar limit, I saw on the southcarolinapackages.com that it is $100 food limit but does that include towels, t-shirts, etc. also? What would happen if you sent more than the $100 limit? Thanks so much ! Sandy

Kahlan
05-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Sandy, Welcome to PTO! We are glad that you are here. Please ask any questions that you may have and chat with us on the SC Daily Updates and Shouts.

I hate to tell you this, but ordering for Spring Packages ended this past Sunday. They will have another Package available around Christmas.

I tried a few years ago to order over $100 and the online form said that I had gone over the limit. The towels and other cloth items have their own limits.

SUSIE_SC
06-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Spring packages have begun to arrive at the facilities. Wateree was a little late getting theirs because of the mail clerk had a death in the family, but our boys and girls are a little bit happier now.

Kahlan
09-30-2006, 09:38 PM
I have merged all the Access Securepak threads into one main thread so that everyone can read the progression of these orders. It seems to change slightly from year to year. I will post a new thread for each ordering period and merge it with this one when it has passed. The only thread that I couldn't fit in, because the dates wouldn't merge right, was about Inmates in the SMU not getting packages. That thread is located here: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165877