View Full Version : Turbeville Correctional Institution (Level 2)

KBandJuls4eva
08-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Does anyone have someone locked up in Turbeville Correctional Institution in South Carolina? Please respond, it's not that I feel alone on this site, I would just really like to talk to someone else from where I'm from, Thanks a lot guys!

KBandJuls4eva:o

mama 4U always
08-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Nope, but I wish. It would be closer to home. I live in Florence and drive to Columbia every week to visit my son at Manning. Turbeville is much closer, dunno why they couldn't have put him there...or Bishopville. These outrageous gasoline prices are killing me. He's supposedly going to Palmer Work Release here in Florence real soon.
Do you live in Turbeville? Is Turbeville Prison Class One, I'm not familiar.
C Mom

babygirl2016801
08-28-2004, 11:13 AM
hey! my boyfriend has been at turbeville since july 20 i think. he just came out of lock up at lee county and was transfered there. he says he hates it there. he says they keep him locked down all the time. have you been to turbeville to visit yet? i havent and i was wondering how it is? hope to talk to ya later!!!!

Kahlan
11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Turbeville Correctional Institution(Level 2)
Gregory Knowlin, Warden
Highway 378
Turbeville, SC 29162

Mailing Address:
P. O. Box 252
Turbeville, SC 29162
803-896-3100 or 843-659-4800

Web page:
http://www.doc.sc.gov/InstitutionPages/Turbeville.htm

luniblond
05-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have someone locked up in Turbeville Correctional Institution in South Carolina? Please respond, it's not that I feel alone on this site, I would just really like to talk to someone else from where I'm from, Thanks a lot guys!

My son is at TCI, but I am in Clover, SC about 200 miles from Turbeville...Hopefully my son will be getting out next month....he's been there over a year....
I may not be in Turbeville, but I'll talk to you...;)

McCardMcNeiece
05-13-2005, 10:34 PM
i have a friend thats in Turberville but i dont get to talk to him much, he said its better that than it was at Kirkland though

bswain
06-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Does anyone know the address to send letters to inmates at Turbeville, I'm waiting but my son hasn't called home yet, so I can't send him anything. All I have is PO box and I don't know if that is right.
Thanks,Bevelry

Phoenix01
07-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know the address to send letters to inmates at Turbeville, I'm waiting but my son hasn't called home yet, so I can't send him anything. All I have is PO box and I don't know if that is right.
Thanks,Bevelry The only address that I have is P.O.Box 252 Turbeville, South Carolina 29162. That is the address that one of the CO's gave me when I called up there today to find out if my brother was up there. She said if they were in SCDC "South Carolina Department of Correction" then you would have to put their SCID# on the envelope. My brother was in Kirkland too.

bswain
07-05-2005, 08:11 PM
Thanks for the address, now i can right to him

Katernator
07-18-2005, 12:22 AM
Hey My boyfriend is in Tyger River right now and just caught a YOA sentence. :( HE says he'll end up at Turbeville. Can anyone tell me about the YOA program there? Any information about Turbeville would be a blessing. Thanks

jaded_1
07-18-2005, 10:57 AM
What is Tyger River like. I am a newbie too.

WidyDuitsMom
07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey My boyfriend is in Tyger River right now and just caught a YOA sentence. :( HE says he'll end up at Turbeville. Can anyone tell me about the YOA program there? Any information about Turbeville would be a blessing. Thanks
All I know is my son was transferred to Turbeville about two weeks ago after spending 8 weeks at Wateree River, and he likes it a lot better. One reason is it has air conditioning, although he says it gets cold at night. Also they are two to a room instead of three. If he has his GED like my son, he can earn college credits. They also teach carpentry and I think masonry or plumbing, I'm not sure. But don't order him one of those food packages. I spent over $100 on the spring package for my son. He wasn't allowed to have it at Wateree, so he was really looking forward to getting it at Turbeville, especially since he missed his birthday by being at Wateree, and right after he was assigned a locker to keep it in at Turbeville, someone broke into his locker and cleaned it out. He said that happens to everybody, so nobody should order those packages. If you want to send him anything it would be better just to put money in his account. That's all I know so far about Turbeville.

Katernator
07-22-2005, 07:45 PM
What is Tyger River like. I am a newbie too.Hey. Well my boyfriend spent almost 20 weeks in tryger River. He says there are lots of chrsitian things to get involved in. They have a choir and bible study and christian video night. He like dit. They dont have too much gang stuff but of course it happens. He just got transferred to Turbeville on Thursday so i dont really know whats up now. He was ok with Tyger river though. He said they have lots of people aroundh is age which is 19 but there are older dorms too. Tell me which dorm he is in and i can tell you more. Hope that helps a little. Theres not too much to say.

Katernator
07-22-2005, 07:48 PM
All I know is my son was transferred to Turbeville about two weeks ago after spending 8 weeks at Wateree River, and he likes it a lot better. One reason is it has air conditioning, although he says it gets cold at night. Also they are two to a room instead of three. If he has his GED like my son, he can earn college credits. They also teach carpentry and I think masonry or plumbing, I'm not sure. But don't order him one of those food packages. I spent over $100 on the spring package for my son. He wasn't allowed to have it at Wateree, so he was really looking forward to getting it at Turbeville, especially since he missed his birthday by being at Wateree, and right after he was assigned a locker to keep it in at Turbeville, someone broke into his locker and cleaned it out. He said that happens to everybody, so nobody should order those packages. If you want to send him anything it would be better just to put money in his account. That's all I know so far about Turbeville. Could you tell me what address you write hi at? I can only find a PO BOX and i wanted to know if thats where you sent your letters. Do they get visits like at a regular detention center? Is your son under YOA? I know nothing about this so please help all you can! Thanks again!!

ksykes250
09-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Could you tell me what address you write hi at? I can only find a PO BOX and i wanted to know if thats where you sent your letters. Do they get visits like at a regular detention center? Is your son under YOA? I know nothing about this so please help all you can! Thanks again!!

the P.O BOX number is the only address you get....they get visits but only after they complete phase 1 and 2 of the program which could take about 1-2 months to complete....after that you can visit on Fri from 5-8 and then on either Sat or Sun depending on his last name and those visitation hours are from 8-12 and 1-5...holiday hours are different....I just got a chance to see my man Sunday for the first time since he has been at Turbeville.....stay strong

todd lv
10-19-2005, 05:27 PM
hey . my soul mate is at Turbeville, he gets out in march or april. it is really hard. i need him so bad. can someone tell me how it really is there? he always sugar coats things so i won't worry. thanks.

ksykes250
10-20-2005, 10:01 PM
[quote=todd lv]hey . my soul mate is at Turbeville, he gets out in march or april. it is really hard. i need him so bad. can someone tell me how it really is there? he always sugar coats things so i won't worry. thanks.[/quote

MY MAN IS ALSO AT TURBEVILLE. HE IS IN YOUTH OFFENDER PROGRAM THEY HAVE AND HE TALKS ABOUT WHAT HE DOES ALL DAY AND THE GUYS IN THERE. HE TELLS ME EVERYTHING ABOUT WHAT GOES ON AND IT USUALLY IS GOOD. HE HAS HAD ONE FIGHT SINCE HE HAS BEEN THERE AND THAT WAS BECAUSE SOMEONE WENT IN HIS CELL AND BROKE INTO HIS LOCKER AND TOOK ALL HIS STUFF. HE IS A BIG GUY WHO WORKED OUT BEFORE HE GOT LOCKED UP SO HE PLAYS NO GAME WITH ANYONE. I WOULD JUST TELL YOU THAT IT IS NOT ALL BAD FROM WHAT MY MAN TELLS ME. HE IS JUST WAITING ON THE DAY HE COMES HOME. THE BEST THING IS TO BE STRONG DON'T THINK ABOUT THE BAD AND DON'T STRESS YOURSELF OUT WORRYING ABOUT HIM EVEN THOUGH WE FEEL LIKE WE HAVE TO. I JUST PRAY EVERY NIGHT THAT GOD WATCHES OVER HIM AND KEEPS HIM SAFE.

MY MAN GETS OUT IN APRIL 2006......I CAN'T WAIT

WAITING ON THE DAY MY KING COMES HOMES TO HIS QUEEN

floundawife
01-26-2006, 05:09 PM

I am not from Turbville but I am from Charleston. How are you doing?:)

Marchio1948
01-27-2006, 09:13 PM
I am from Columbia,my son is in Ridgeville,it is a 3 hour ride.Like you I don't know why they couoldn't send him closer.
How are you doing?Have you wrote your son yet?
Good luck.

ksykes250
02-03-2006, 09:20 AM
my man is in Turbeville, SC and I live in Wilmington and I wish he was closer because I have to leave home at 5 o'clock in the morning to drive to go see him...he will be coming home soon and we both will so glad....hope everything is going good with your son and anytime you need a ear to listening mine is open

mewdeeone
02-28-2006, 09:29 PM
My son is in Turbeville Correctional...hopefully will be home this coming October...anyone in the Lowcountry? A support group would be a good idea...it's hard to find someone who understands what we're going through...Susan

ksykes250
03-11-2006, 08:02 PM
I know what you mean when you say hard to find someone who understands and a support group would be good and with me being in NC and my man is in SC it is really hard for me to find someone to talk.

My son is in Turbeville Correctional...hopefully will be home this coming October...anyone in the Lowcountry? A support group would be a good idea...it's hard to find someone who understands what we're going through...Susan

mewdeeone
03-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I'll send you my number, if you ever just need to talk...hadn't heard from Chris in a week, and had a bad feeling today...called Sprint, and Voila! I was out of money! They even let me know what date I had run out, and what dates and times he had tried to call! 30 minutes after I gave her my card number to add more minutes, Chris called...we must be on the same wavelength somehow...and was asking for money! Nothing has changed, I swear...he's a little booger...I am thrilled about one thing, though...Dr. Michael Baden assisted with the autopsy on the boy in Police Boot Camp in Florida, and the 2nd autopsy revealed that he died FROM

mewdeeone
03-15-2006, 11:30 PM
HIS BEATING! As if we didn't know that already...The State of Florida is going to pay BIG for this...hope they lock up every one of those guards, and that nurse that kept saying that he was fine...

ksykes250
03-16-2006, 09:49 PM
that would be a good ideal because I don't know what it is but its seems I should be glad he is coming home soon and don't get me wrong I am glad but I just have a lot on my mind about what it will be like having him home and how he will be once he is home as far as finding a job and getting back into the swing of things....we will have to talk again soon.....Kim

I'll send you my number, if you ever just need to talk...hadn't heard from Chris in a week, and had a bad feeling today...called Sprint, and Voila! I was out of money! They even let me know what date I had run out, and what dates and times he had tried to call! 30 minutes after I gave her my card number to add more minutes, Chris called...we must be on the same wavelength somehow...and was asking for money! Nothing has changed, I swear...he's a little booger...I am thrilled about one thing, though...Dr. Michael Baden assisted with the autopsy on the boy in Police Boot Camp in Florida, and the 2nd autopsy revealed that he died FROM

Christina&Tyson
04-27-2006, 10:24 PM
anyone have a boyfriend or family locked up in turbeville i feel alone here and need someone to talk to

Christina&Tyson
04-27-2006, 10:30 PM
when can i visit if my last name starts with a b and his a d

mewdeeone
07-08-2006, 02:48 PM
My son, Christopher, was due to come home at the end of this year..he was on phase 2 at Turbeville, but was caught with tattoo "stuff"...not sure of the specifics, because he is now in "lock-up", and I haven't heard from him at all since. I know he has to start the program from scratch, but if anyone knows what the punishment is for the tattooing, please let me know...the SCDC inmate search feature has his dates for parole and release in 2009...I can hardly believe that they would make him serve all 4 years of his YOA sentence, keeping him for an additional 3 years because of the tattooing offense. Also..when I am able to visit him again, can I choke him during visitation? I really feel the need to lash out at him, because not only is this the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to us, but he's made my entire body fall apart, my hair go gray, and my nerves are now shot to crap. I have the worst case of road rage I have ever had, and I am completely miserable. Thank you for letting me vent, and I look forward to hearing from anyone! Susan

Kahlan
07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Susan - what a shock! I haven't heard of the tatooing punishment. I've been told that they make tatoo machines out of cd players. That's awful! I don't know much about the YOA sentence but there are other members who are familiar with it. Maybe they will know what could happen. Hang in there.

coolchik4sure
07-08-2006, 11:07 PM
My son, Christopher, was due to come home at the end of this year..he was on phase 2 at Turbeville, but was caught with tattoo "stuff"...not sure of the specifics, because he is now in "lock-up", and I haven't heard from him at all since. I know he has to start the program from scratch, but if anyone knows what the punishment is for the tattooing, please let me know...the SCDC inmate search feature has his dates for parole and release in 2009...I can hardly believe that they would make him serve all 4 years of his YOA sentence, keeping him for an additional 3 years because of the tattooing offense. Also..when I am able to visit him again, can I choke him during visitation? I really feel the need to lash out at him, because not only is this the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to us, but he's made my entire body fall apart, my hair go gray, and my nerves are now shot to crap. I have the worst case of road rage I have ever had, and I am completely miserable. Thank you for letting me vent, and I look forward to hearing from anyone! Susan

MEWDEEONE~
I know you are devastated! :eek: And yes, it is perfectly fine to choke him during your next visit! :slap: Hopefully a little humor may lighten your mood. ;)
I am VERY surprised he is getting a charge this severe. I know you don't know much information, and this has to be miserable for you. :heart:

I would try calling and talking with the Captain on duty and see if you can find out any information.Like did he have a FRESH TATTOO that can be proven? What is he actually being charged with...one offense, multiple offenses.

You are ALWAYS here for everyone AND YOU NEED TO VENT. :yes: That is totally insane!
I'm always here...vent away!

HANG IN THERE! :grouphug:

SUSIE_SC
07-10-2006, 08:10 PM
He was probably charged with contraband. I don't know how the YOA program works, but if he gets any kind of work credits, after about 6 months, he will get some of his credits back or they will take away about 10-20 days of good time. Hope this helps.

Candycane3
07-15-2006, 05:26 PM
The amn I am talking to is in Turbeville. I live in NC. I am here to chat. I have some questions if anyone has time to answer them.

Candycane3
07-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi my name is Candy and I have someone in TCI. I'm not really sure how this whole thig works and I have some questions. Does anyone want to talk?

coolchik4sure
07-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Hi my name is Candy and I have someone in TCI. I'm not really sure how this whole thig works and I have some questions. Does anyone want to talk?

Hey Candycane3! :wave:

Welcome to PTO.:dance:
I do not have any experience with Turbeville but I would love to help you anyway I can! :)

Kahlan
07-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Welcome to PTO! What questions do you have?

lilpinkstar
03-24-2007, 10:53 PM
my boyfriend is being held in turbeville his project parole date is april 30th of this year and Im suppose to be going to see him after the 27th of this month he is allowed visitors. if anyone else is out there that still have loved ones in the turbeville correction institution please respond.

sam_luvs_glenn
04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
My soon to be boyfriend(were talking about getting together when he comes home) is in Turbeville and has been for almost 3 to 4 months now. He was in another place before Turbeville. And he still has 9 months left in there. But I just want someone to talk to thats in the same situation I'm in. Because none of my friends know or feel were I'm coming from.

lokaydokay
06-17-2007, 12:05 PM
My cousin is white, 18 years old, and incarcerated at TCI for assault with a knife "with intent." He's your typical juvenile delinquent type and will fight, but I've noticed a change in him since he was moved to TCI. I don't want to ask him if he has been sexually assaulted, but he has told me that he is one of only a handful of whites. He seems to be more and more depressed and angry every time I see him.

Do you think he has been raped or made into a black guy's "punk?" Should I try to talk with him about it?

Kahlan
06-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi and welcome to PTO. I'm sorry that your cousin is having a hard time. He may be feeling depressed because he's in an environment that he's not used to and where the usual street rules do not apply. He's also away from his family and has probably lost most of his former life and has been stripped of his dignity. His friends on the outside may have left him; it's a big hit to find out that friends you thought were your friends won't stand by you if you get into trouble. He has probably not been sexually assaulted. Rape in prison is talked about alot in the media, but is really a rare thing. He needs to find a group of people to hang around with and stay away from everyone else. Most of all, he needs to avoid conflict and he should never owe anybody anything. Send him lots of mail and visit when you can. Ask him if there is anything that he needs to talk about or if you can take care of anything for him. Check on his family and see if they are doing ok or if they need anything. He is lucky to have a cousin who is concerned for his welfare. Hang in there and let him know that you are there for him. When he sees that you are not going to go away, he may be more open with you and share the conflicts that he is having.

Keep in touch and let us know how you (this is hard on family members too) and your cousin are doing. We're here for you.

MRWWTF
07-19-2007, 11:23 AM
My boyfriend was just transferred to Turbeville yesterday. I haven't heard from him at all in the last week and a half, which is okay, I understand how Kirkland works and all.
He is not a Youth Offender.
How long will it be before I can visit (if I decide to...)? Also the dates for his parole date and release date hasn't changed, as it did with some people. Will it remain that way, or will it change?

barky586
07-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Very likely, once he is assigned a job, you will see "work credits" applied which would reduce his time served and will likely also affect the parole date. Have you filled out an application to be approved to visit? He would have gotten that form at R&E and sent to you. If not, he will need you to send an application to do that. If you have already done that, you will need to call the Central Visitation Number: (803) 896-1838. You will have to leave a message with his SCDC Number and your name and that you are trying to find out if you have been approved. They will call you back to let you know "yes" or "no." There aren't usually any problems though - unless you have something in your background fairly serious.

DarkFire
08-13-2007, 02:32 AM
I have a brother in Turbevillie and let me tell you this. They do some messed up crap to the inmates. They keep putting them in lock up, beating them, and I have found reports on the CO's raping the inmates. They have my lil bro in there so far 4 months past he's sentence time. The warden and CO's don't know it yet but they got trouble coming their way now. They laid their hands on my bro. They maced him and then threw him down on the ground and punched him good bit in the face for saying the word damn.

barky586
08-13-2007, 04:04 AM
I have never heard other family members' of Turbeville inmates make such statements. Turbeville family members, please comment as far as inmate treatment.

sadmominsumter
01-12-2008, 04:04 AM
My son has been in Turbeville for a little over 2 months now and while he complians about some things, (hes only 19, he complains at home, lol) he has NEVER EVER mentioned to me anything at all about anyone being raped, in fact, what he whines the most about is (PLEASE STOP READING NOW IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED) that masterbation is a sexual assault charge and they have no privacy anywhere, not even in the showers, and if you are caught masterbating, you have to be moved to the "pink" ward. Sorry, IMO TCI is one of the much better facilities to be in if you have to be in one. The guards are very nice and do not treat us loved ones as if we are the criminal which has happened to me in several places now.

I know that no facilitiy is perfect, but hey, like I tell my son, he did the crime, he's gotta do the time, and he is in the best one I would have picked if I would have had the choice of them.

We parents especially, often go to "prison" with our child. Remember, it could be worse, I hear that Lieber, Lee, and Tyger are THE WORST!

:eek:

Ironhead3030
01-10-2010, 09:47 PM

I don't have any love ones down there but, I was an Inmate at Turbeville during the last 2 years of my 6 year sentence back in 1997. It was a new prison then and we were one of the first groups of inmates trans there. I was 23 years old and was happy at Lee County CI but we had to leave. Turbeville was the shitiest prison I was ever in. There were 4 dorms back then each with a county name ( like kershaw) I was in three different ones but I can't remember the names of each. The first one was like a boot camp with drill instructors and everything. I was treated worse than a dog while I was there. I was hit kicked and talk down to every day seems like. After I got out I had nightmares about that place for months. The guards were as bad as the gangs in there. I'm a white guy and that made things a lot harder, Black to white is 20 to 1 and all the guards are black as well. As a white man I had no one to turn to for help so the only thing I could do was fight and hope I didn't get killed ( It worked haha) I'm still hear. I had some black friends but they couldn't help because of how it would look on them. It's a hard prison, the hardest one I was in and I been in 5 different ones in SC so I would know. I hope your husband is Black, if not I hope he's tuf!!!

rubydale
02-22-2010, 06:31 AM

Hi my name is ruby and my son was just transfereed to TCI. I know little about this prison, he has been in Evans up until 3 weeks ago. He has been sick with ucler colonist, he was taking to McCormick and giving 6 units of blood then transferred to Turbeville, He has been in the hospital and emergency room in Bennetsville 2 in the last few months with bleeding, he has had blood transfusings. I'm trying to find out why I have to buy his medicine and why they put his hospital bills in his cell for me. They haven't done nothing the doctor and surgern has requested and no one will tell me whats going on. I can visit my son until sometime in July and I would like to know about this prison and any information about the Prisoners Bill Of Rights. Email me anytime either here or at ruby29532@yahoo.com God Bless you hon

Ruby

choclgs
02-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi my name is ruby and my son was just transfereed to TCI. I know little about this prison, he has been in Evans up until 3 weeks ago. He has been sick with ucler colonist, he was taking to McCormick and giving 6 units of blood then transferred to Turbeville, He has been in the hospital and emergency room in Bennetsville 2 in the last few months with bleeding, he has had blood transfusings. I'm trying to find out why I have to buy his medicine and why they put his hospital bills in his cell for me. They haven't done nothing the doctor and surgern has requested and no one will tell me whats going on. I can visit my son until sometime in July and I would like to know about this prison and any information about the Prisoners Bill Of Rights. Email me anytime either here or at ruby29532@yahoo.com God Bless you hon

Ruby

My prayers are with you and your son. SCDC does not pay for medical care, they only provide it (certain institutions are designated for those with certain medical needs ) but the cost is the responsibility of the inmate and is deducted from their Cooper Trust fund account. The only suggestion I have is for you to call the offices in Columbia and explain what's going on with your son and how you are being treated.

BethM.
06-22-2010, 06:51 PM
I don't have any answers to your questions, but feel free to contact me anytime. I will email you my email addresss. Not comfortable posting it for everyone to see.
Beth

81pride
08-09-2010, 04:40 AM
A white guy doesn't have a chance when all the administration is also black and if they are white, they will fall to the other side anyway. I just got out a month ago and it is the worst prison known as far as administration goes. Down to the warden who is no better than it's peers. They all work together. When I read some of the stuff on here about Turb being a better place, I knew then most of you are blind- sided. Then I came across this guy who told it like it was and wanted to add to it.. Thanks dudeAll the way till the end of my sentence, they pulled crap on me. The CO'S watch the white guy's locker get ripped off and you can forget about it. Most of the CO'S are gang related . They need to do a better job picking their employees that stand up for the job that's intended for and not get these one-sided cripples that are weak, and not have the racisum any worse than it is. I've seen some pretty bad stuff happen because of the blacks. If the CO's won't stand up and do the job they are hired to do, what chance do you have?I don't have any love ones down there but, I was an Inmate at Turbeville during the last 2 years of my 6 year sentence back in 1997. It was a new prison then and we were one of the first groups of inmates trans there. I was 23 years old and was happy at Lee County CI but we had to leave. Turbeville was the shitiest prison I was ever in. There were 4 dorms back then each with a county name ( like kershaw) I was in three different ones but I can't remember the names of each. The first one was like a boot camp with drill instructors and everything. I was treated worse than a dog while I was there. I was hit kicked and talk down to every day seems like. After I got out I had nightmares about that place for months. The guards were as bad as the gangs in there. I'm a white guy and that made things a lot harder, Black to white is 20 to 1 and all the guards are black as well. As a white man I had no one to turn to for help so the only thing I could do was fight and hope I didn't get killed ( It worked haha) I'm still hear. I had some black friends but they couldn't help because of how it would look on them. It's a hard prison, the hardest one I was in and I been in 5 different ones in SC so I would know. I hope your husband is Black, if not I hope he's tuf!!!

Aunt Donna
08-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi,

I would also like to add to the questionable methods at TCI. My nephew was having graduation for his GED. He was allowed only one visitor to attend. He filled out all the correct paper work for his Mom to come. She is disabled and it is not an easy 4 hour ride for her. When she went in, they told her there was no paperwork for her to attend. She tried to tell them there must be some mistake, they had been planning this for over 2 weeks, she had left at 5am to make it in time. In addition, her son had called her several days prior to graduation to tell her he had filed the paperwork for the graduation visitor and she was all set to come. The front guard wouldnt even check anything other than the few papers in front of her. My sister was told to leave. She got on the phone after being asked to leave and was given the run-around from person to person with the final answer being "Yes, Your son is scheduled to graduate this morning but he must have not wanted you to attend because your name is not on the list"!!!

Turns out that out of 180 students that were graduating that morning only 6 visitors were allowed in! We spoke to many families at Saturday morning visitation that were turned away because they said there was no visitor paperwork filed for the event. We spoke to the class valedictorian's Mother and even She was turned away!! Administration, if you can call it that, at TCI is a complete joke! Do they realize how many family members they hurt that morning?? Graduation is a momentous event. It is one of the few offered accomplishment the inmates can be proud of to share with their family. I blame TCI administration for making the horrible experience of having your child behind bars even more unbearable on a Mother who only wanted to see her young son graduate.

/d

bossy8
12-25-2010, 03:40 PM

yes i hAve someone there

Adrianamarie201
02-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks,Bevelry

yes the mailing address for an inmate is
turbeville correctional institution
p.o. box 252
Turbeville, sc 29162