View Full Version : Is Brickey's as Bad as it Seems?

juliwaits
11-16-2004, 10:47 AM
I've heard all kinds of inmate rumor, but i'd really like to hear from a friend of an inmate IN brickey's to see what the scoop is. All i hear about is inmates not wanting to go to brickeys and/or wanting to stay in Votech to not go back to brickeys. My husband PREFERRED going to Cummins over Brickeys (from what he'd been told at county).

MY humbly submitted opinion is that Tucker (where Votech and classes are) is worse than cummins. Inmates at Tucker says Brickeys is worse than Tucker. Please let me hear from someone with first hand knowledge - it will help others out who are wanting info on Brickeys too.

AND remember, this is a support group, SO if you have bad things to say TRY to also offer helpful suggestions.
Example: At tucker there are no doors on the women's restroom in the visitation center, so bring a coat to cover yourself with, or find a bathroom buddy. (I also discovered a neat trick, where you hold the roll of toilet paper way out in front of you, people will see that before they see your whole self on the potty!)

Thanks in advance for the info!

his_lil_sis
11-22-2004, 07:34 AM
Hello to everyone. I am the sister of an inmate in ADC and my brother was at Brickeys for 6 months when he first went in. I visited there on a weekly basis and from what I experienced during my time with my brother was nothing compared to how we are treated now that he is at Tucker.
Brickeys was so strict, inmates were not allowed to walk around or go to the vending areas or even touch or have contact with your loved ones..one hug and that was it and then you sit four hours across a table with guards all over you all the time and they are not friendly by no means....
I can say the bathrooms were clean as was Brickeys visitation area but as for the staff and visitation I am relieved that he is at Tucker..He was so happy to go there and says it is the best unit in ADC as far as he is concerned but of course that is his opinion...we have always been treated nice by the staff there, inmates are allowed to walk around, hug, hold and kiss their loved ones ( within limits of course). the bathrooms are another story of course, there are NO DOORS... so privacy is definately a problem...
I hope that my brother does all of his time in Tucker, as does he..Their education programs are great and he has made such accomlishments in the time he has been there where he otherwise would not have gotten to do..
This is my experience at ADC and would love to hear others......thanks

cfareyx3
07-21-2005, 08:20 PM
My brother was just sent to Brickeys from Diagnostic TODAY. He called crying over the fact that he was going there, he was scheduled to go to Cummins andhe was fine with that. My mother had a breakdown when they hung up the phone. I live in NY so I can not even visit him. Do you have any mor einfo on Brickeys (no matter how bad) I want to know.

Thank you
Carmen

Kool_Aid
07-22-2005, 11:16 AM
I have a friend that I write that is at Brickey's. The next time I write him, I will ask him about the visitation and if Brickey's is as bad as they say it is. I will post when he writes me back and I find out something from him.

Icn'twat2bw/him
07-22-2005, 10:26 PM
My boyfriend is at Brickeys and it don't seem that bad! They let us touch all the time on our visits and we kiss all the time also! The guards r really nice to me also! Hes aloud to go to the cossesion stand with me and to get our pics taken but he can't goto the vending area because its outside the visitation area! He said they got into trouble not long ago cause the water wasn't as clean as what it was suppose to be and alot of people got staph(luckly he don't)! But the visits r very nice! I love going to see him cause we do get to embrace so much! Thats about all I know! We try to talk about things other than prison! Oh he also likes the inmates at Brickeys! Anywho thats about all i know....if u have any more questions let me know and I will be happy to help by asking him! I get to go see him in the morning YAY!!! Sorry I'm excited...But I'll shut up now!

S.LYNN
07-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Hey Ya'll :) My fiancee is at Brickeys also hes been there for 7 months now . I always ask him if hes ok or if hes had any problems with guards or inmates , etc. And he says its not to bad . He says it can be if you make it that way on yourself but he says he just trys to stay outta trouble and away from the drugs and gangs and all the other bad things that go on . His exact worda to me was " it can be bad on you if you get caught up with the wrong people and the wrong things" ..
But he says its not bad he says the really only bad thing is not being able to see me and the kids and he misses all the little things he took for granted like hot dogs , camping , swimming , family , etc.
He says he dont talk to alot of people just a few and he just keeps his nose clean and does his time and he dont have no problems at all as far as visitation i dont know i havent been yet i am going next month .. ill let ya'll know when i go ...

sillykay
09-16-2011, 11:35 PM
My son is in Brickeys and i havent heard from him. his dad and i are very worried. Im trying to deal with this but its so hard not knowing how he is. He is our only son and we love him very much.

ahorn01
09-20-2011, 07:51 PM
My hubby has been at Brickeys for a few weeks now. I went to Brickeys Visitation last Saturday and it was'nt bad at all. We got to hold hands, and kiss and hug on arriving and leaving. I didn't like the fact that he could'nt go to the little room where the vending machines are, but other than that, we had noproblems, gaurds were nice and funny and we had a wonderful visit!!!

boakgirl
09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
My husband has been there since April this year he says it sucks but what prison don't.

Sent from my iPod touch using PrisonTalk

Jill_B
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM
My hubby has been at Brickeys for a few weeks now. I went to Brickeys Visitation last Saturday and it was'nt bad at all. We got to hold hands, and kiss and hug on arriving and leaving. I didn't like the fact that he could'nt go to the little room where the vending machines are, but other than that, we had noproblems, gaurds were nice and funny and we had a wonderful visit!!!

Hi I have a man in Brickeys as well and I am also from Fort Smith so I was wondering if you would like ride together to visits. It would really save on gas. Please let me know.

Jill_B
09-21-2011, 09:42 AM
My husband has been there since April this year he says it sucks but what prison don't.

Sent from my iPod touch using PrisonTalk

My man hates it there. Brickeys has a bad rep.