View Full Version : Marriage by Proxy in Texas Prison

vim1946
12-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Crack -- I think the fees have gone up now -- most counties charge above $40 -- we just paid $41 in Johnson County 4 weeks ago -- dang that inflation!

Thanks for putting this up!

Tears_N_Texas
12-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Dallas County is $41.00 and the proxy paper MUST be mailed out by the county clerk to the inmate and received back from the inmate. You can NOT bring the proxy papers in with you. You will need a valid ID for yourself and for him a certified copy of his birth record if you can't provide a state issued i.d. Prison I.D. is not valid in Dallas county.

vim1946
12-14-2004, 10:41 PM
That's why they need to call the county first -- Johnson County -- just below Dallas County will accept the bride (or groom -- the one not needing the proxy) bringing in the affidavit, doesn't need it notarized and doesn't require the inmates ID -- they go strictly by the State Law and didn't add anything to it like a lot of the other counties did. I just got married there a month ago and I just brought the affidavit, brought my driver's license and the cash and we had a license -- came back 72 hours later, went to the JP and got married.

Retired-18
12-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the corrections; it's been a while since I got a marriage license! What would be great is if you girls and guys that have done this would help us by posting your story about that here, what county you went through and how they handled it and how it was handled at your spouse's unit. I understand some counties are easier than others so a head's up there too would be great. Once again the team work in the Texas Forums is shining through!

Lady Wabbit
12-14-2004, 11:10 PM
I got married by proxy August 21,2002 in Gainsville, Cooke county, Texas. My husband got the affidavit thru the law library at the unit (Hughes), filled out his part mailed it to me and then I took that and a certified copy of his and my birth certificates to the court house and bought the marriage license. At that time I think it was $38.00 and then two days later my cousin (proxy) went before the JP and we were married. I went the following Saturday with marriage license in hand and had my first contact visit. I do have to say it took almost an act of congress to get my son and two sisters listed on his visitors list as contact visits.

vim1946
12-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Eastham was very easy to deal with and so was Johnson County. As soon as I told the Lady at Johnson County I was out of State -- she mailed every thing to me -- I typed it up -- sent it to him with one of those sticky things from my office that said "sign here" and he signed it and sent it back to me. the ladies at that office are fantastic. As soon as we were married, I overnighted a copy of our marriage certificate to the classification office at Eastham and had them change my status only -- I wasn't changing my name until after I returned to Ohio -- that way my name on the visit list and the name on my ID would match! But, I had called them ahead of time and they told me what they wanted me to do and I also talked to the mail room and told them what I was sending. That usually helps.

And BTW -- only Deb and I would be up this late posting!

outlawsdeb
12-14-2004, 11:42 PM
I am so jealous of you ladies who have been able to marry your man. I am currently on probation and one of the conditions is no contact with him....kinda hard to explain how we got married huh?? Even though I have had the proxy papaer for a while.........any suggestions to rectify this situation I would appreciate

vim1946
12-15-2004, 07:50 AM
How long are you on paper? Does he have anything to do with you being on paper? I can tell you that anyone worth having is worth waiting for! I waited a long time -- ask the other ladies -- I knew my honey 45 years before I married him -- been married one month today!

Angelinhiseyes
12-15-2004, 09:08 AM
I just got married yesterday. We got married in Bell County, and is was really easy. Went to the courhouse, picked up the paperwork mailed it to my hubby, then he sent it back to me, went to the courthouse, and applied for our marriage liscense, paid them $30.00, made an appointment with the JP while I was there, came back 4 days later and got married. Had to pay the JP forty dollars for his services. But it was really easy. You only have to wait 72 hours unless you can get the waiver, but that wasn't necessary for us. The whole process took about 10 days with mail turn over and everything. Easy, Easy, Easy and Hassle free which is what we all need once in a while. Really recommend Bell County if you can do it.

marisolvasquez
12-15-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey ladies! I got married to my hubby on February 14 of this year by proxy and it was not hard at all! All it took was the fee of $25 for the marriage license and $25 for the judge to marry me and a 24hr wait period and presto! We met when I was a correctional officer and at the time I was committed to another inmate, never did nothing with none of them not even touched them only pat searched my boyfriend. I was in charge of population and minimum custody inmates and my boyfriend at the time was medium custody so I would never see him, but my husband at the time, would follow me around and disguise himself that sometimes I would not even notice him. One time I wrote his name and his tdc number down on my notebook to write him a case for being out of his home (cell). When it was one month before my boyfriend got out, I left him because I was scared of him getting my money and car! I quit the prison, started going to college, two years later I got together with this guy in the freeworld and had a baby, but the ***hole does not pay child support or want anything to do with my son, so what I did is got fed up with men out here that two years later I started writing to the inmate that followed me around and liked me a lot who later became my husband. After knowing each other "well" and knowing his family, he proposed to me during visit, and we got married this year! Now that I am married I don't know if it is a good thing or not. I told my husband that now I cannot break it up with him because marriage for me is sacred. What he does not know is that I am putting everything under my son's name just in case he wants to just take my money, car, and house! Girls if you can please give me advice on this. Now I am in law enfocement and I am afraid my career will get in the way of our marriage or vise versa. God Bless you all and protect your loved ones!

babieboo
12-15-2004, 03:12 PM
I just married by proxy in november 2004. I was able to bring in the forms myself, use his birth certificate for identification, and we got married! It cost $40 in nueces county.

TNC
12-15-2004, 04:24 PM
What would be great is if you girls and guys that have done this would help us by posting your story about that here, what county you went through and how they handled it and how it was handled at your spouse's unit. I understand some counties are easier than others so a head's up there too would be great. Once again the team work in the Texas Forums is shining through!

Here is a thread that has been started giving specific information on how each county does things. This link has also been added to the TX what you need to know. I would love it if anyone who has been married in a county other then what is listed to please share their story or experience there. It not only helps the TX members, but it helps those who are flying in from another state. If would be best if a member could know what county is best to fly into in advance that way they dont get all the way to TX just to find they landed in a difficult county.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85125&page=1&pp=15

Retired-18
12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks TNC and thanks for posting the links in the sticky for us. You are absolutely right, it would be horrible to come here from somewhere else and have to deal with a bunch problems on what should be a happy event.

vim1946
12-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Then they should stay out of Tarrant County -- they are too restrictive.

Tears_N_Texas
12-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Well I got married August 16, 2004 in Dallas county. It was a simple process. I had the county clerk to mail the proxy to my husband, he filled it out mailed it back the next day. They called me to let me know that his form was in the office and I could come in and get my marriage license. The only hard part was getting his birth certificate. The paper work part went smooth. A close family member signed for his B.C. and I got it the same day. I went and got the marriage license the next day. That took about 30 minutes. I called the JP and made the appointment for the ceremony and got married a few days later. The ceremony was short, about 15 minutes and it was all legal and done. I had a real nice JP. He took my photo and gave me his card to call if any one questioned the marriage being valid. He verified all the papers and I.D. He then asked me the normal questions and made a emphasis on me being faithful to my husband and supportive. I said yes. He asked the proxy/stand in if she had knowledge of the info on the affidavit being current and correct. She said yes and he pronounced us man and wife. I truely married my best friend but I spend my wedding night without him. I talked on the phone to a very supportive friend and wrote him a beautiful. I would of chose to marry him under any situation. The only thing we didn't want to do was get married at the prison. If I would of been given the choice of proxy or prison I would of chose the prison but It would of been harder on the both of us. He hates that place and thank God he is not instutionlized after being there for 5 years. He said he would rather think of me standing smiling in my pretty dress in the free world than him dressed in that state issued uniform and me having to leave after the ceremony.

mattsbabe
12-28-2004, 09:21 AM
I just got married on 12/15/04 in Dallas County at the JP.. the license cost us $36 and to get married by proxy the judge fee was $50, but the judge was so nice... he made us feel really comfortable he made sure he cleared his courtroom before doing the proxy and then came down to us and talked with us for a few minutes before doing the "ceremony"... was a really nice experience!!! :)

soraya
10-27-2006, 11:44 AM
this is very informative. thanks ladies. is there nobody out there who has some more info on what docs might be needed if the bride is not a us citizen?? like should my birth certificate be translated, or would my photo ID be enough ??

jojacks
10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
I would call the county you plan on getting married in to make sure what you need, not being a US citizen.

Rachel
10-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Soraya,
I have asked some of EU friends to come by this thread and see if they can't give you a little advice!

Rach x

Mrs. OB
10-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Soraya ---> pm'd you :)

MLAGOW
10-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Does Anyone Know How Wedding Work At The Tdjc Gurney Unit???

BrandNewGirl
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
It would be by Proxy..they don't allow weddings at the Units in Texas.

Here's the Proxy marriage info:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205812&highlight=proxy+weddings+texas

Nance

Perfecta
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Ok I NEED HELP!! I got the the application to get married with my boy who's incarcerated in Clemens. I thought he had to get that notarized before he was to send it back . Is he suppose to??

jenlyn70
11-02-2007, 03:15 PM
No. The Affidavit of Absent Applicant who is Incarcerated does not have to be notarized.

Mrs.TinkerBell
07-19-2011, 07:46 PM
So I have a question he don't have to get tha affidavit notarized?

Devanesgirl
07-19-2011, 07:57 PM
My husband said that he did not have to get the paperwork notarized for the proxy. But be careful because some counties will only allow you to have the paperwork sent directly to the facility and he will have to send it back to them. We had problems because the place kept wanting to send it somewhere totally different because the address they had on file was different than the courthouse I went to get the paperwork done...

luvinhim24/7
07-19-2011, 09:11 PM
No. they will notorize very little in prison because it doesn't need to be. My husband had a form attached to his stating that since he wasincarcerated it didn't have to be notorized. He did get a copy of his prison ID notorized and sent to me though

lostw/osin76
07-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Help!! I want to marry my baby who is currently incarcerated in Green Bay in Tarrant County. but he is also on parole so he will be servin time in TDC as well and he is also on INS hold ... what can I do for him? I love him so much that I am lost without him. ..... I want to do this asap... Do i file this with Tarrant County even though we stay in Dallas County? and is there a price differece and does it matter?

RobinsMan
08-02-2011, 02:33 PM
You can get married in any county that you choose. There can be differences both in price and in details of what one county might require for identification or paperwork. You should call the county clerks office in any county you consider gfetting married in to find out those details.

angels_girl
08-04-2011, 02:51 PM
There is a from that the county clerk has specific to TDC inmates. It does not require a notary to stamp it. The price of a marriage license is now starting at $70.

nicoleareilly
10-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Does anyone know the "rules" for getting married by proxy in the Gib Lewis until here in Texas.... My fiance and I want to get married and I am trying to help as much as I can to move it along further.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

RobinsMan
10-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Rules for getting married by proxy are not up to TDC or any of their units. What is required is provided by Texas law with slight variations in implementation from county to county. You can get married in any county that you choose and it is them that you should call to get their particular details. Some have special forms for the affidavit of absent applicant when the absent applicant is an inmate, for instance.

nicoleareilly
10-02-2011, 09:31 AM
OOOOH OKAY! Thank you so much! So then Monday morning I just go to the Court Clerks Office?

jlong92
10-02-2011, 10:28 PM
OOOOH OKAY! Thank you so much! So then Monday morning I just go to the Court Clerks Office?

Thats what i did

D3nie
10-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Sooo....while I never thought I'd be posting in THIS forum, here I am. In Cameron County so far I've only gone to pick up the marriage by proxy form, they said that it does have to be notarized and that someone there at his unit should be able to do it. I have to have his birth certificate and social security card and a copy of his id card. Wish me luck somebody please :) Yes and the fee is now $72.00

luvinhim24/7
10-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Good luck. i did it several years ago and it was actually the easiest thing I did concerning TDCJ

nicoleareilly
10-10-2011, 11:22 PM
So my county does not do marriage by proxy and they will not do common law marriage because he is not here.... So I talked to the Chaplin at my sweethearts unit and he said that I can get an attorney to type up some papers stating we are common law and I needed to get it notarized and signed... So I did that and sent the papers to my fiance to have him get them notarized and signed.... When I called inmate records the other day to check on it they said we cannot claim common law.... But the chaplin said we could as long as we lived together before he was in custody.... Who do I believe on something like this inmate records or the chaplin... My fiance has the papers and is supposed to get them notarized this week... Who is right??? Or does it just vary by unit??

lizzy11
10-13-2011, 06:28 AM
Sooo....while I never thought I'd be posting in THIS forum, here I am. In Cameron County so far I've only gone to pick up the marriage by proxy form, they said that it does have to be notarized and that someone there at his unit should be able to do it. I have to have his birth certificate and social security card and a copy of his id card. Wish me luck somebody please :) Yes and the fee is now $72.00

Yup I pik. Mine up oct 10 I knw mc connell unit they notirizedat the library law nd ur bf can requestf a copy of his tdc id from hunstville for these matter good luckim. In the same shoes

i love my babe so much JUAN & JESSICA MIRANDA

ShoesHappen
10-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Who do I believe on something like this inmate records or the chaplin... My fiance has the papers and is supposed to get them notarized this week... Who is right??? Or does it just vary by unit??

Since Inmate Records are the ones who handle the visitation list and marriage records and it's essentially up to them whether you get listed as married or not, I'd go with believing them.
Every County in Texas should do proxy marriages, since it's a state law. Or just go to a metro area close to you and do it there.

nicoleareilly
10-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Since Inmate Records are the ones who handle the visitation list and marriage records and it's essentially up to them whether you get listed as married or not, I'd go with believing them.
Every County in Texas should do proxy marriages, since it's a state law. Or just go to a metro area close to you and do it there.

I am curious though, if he gets it notarized then what? Will that have any effect? Can I take it any higher if they chose to say no? This is really important to the both of us...

purplerose212
10-13-2011, 09:49 AM
My husband and I got married by proxy just 3 months ago and it was pretty painless. We did something a little different where he was able to participate. I got the license and a friend of mine had an uncle who is an ordained minister and he agreed to do the ceremony. My friend was the proxy too, and she and her uncle came to my home and we had a set time for my hunny to call and when he did, I put the phone on speaker and he was able to talk to the minister and then we said our vows to each other and we recorded it so that I can listen to it whenever I want to. It was really great and I am so glad that he was able to be a part of it. It was the next best thing to him actually being there.

nicoleareilly
10-13-2011, 09:53 AM
My husband and I got married by proxy just 3 months ago and it was pretty painless. We did something a little different where he was able to participate. I got the license and a friend of mine had an uncle who is an ordained minister and he agreed to do the ceremony. My friend was the proxy too, and she and her uncle came to my home and we had a set time for my hunny to call and when he did, I put the phone on speaker and he was able to talk to the minister and then we said our vows to each other and we recorded it so that I can listen to it whenever I want to. It was really great and I am so glad that he was able to be a part of it. It was the next best thing to him actually being there.

That is such a great idea not to mention so romantic!!! I hope you do not mind but I think I am gonna use that if this common law thing does not work out!!

purplerose212
10-13-2011, 10:25 AM
That is such a great idea not to mention so romantic!!! I hope you do not mind but I think I am gonna use that if this common law thing does not work out!!

Thank you! It was pretty awesome! It meant so much more to both us too with him being on the phone so we could say our vows to each other. This was his first time to get married and he was so nervous! You could hear it in his voice! So cute! :D We still had our proxy and she was there, in fact she is the one who recorded it for us.

angels_girl
11-11-2011, 10:37 AM
In Corpus Christi the process is very easy like I said before. They have the form for Texas inmates which you send to the unit. Your partner will then fill it out with his information, where he is at, then a series of True or False questions and who he wants to stand in for him. The stand in must have a picture ID. After you get the form back you take it to the county clerk who only requires his birth certificate and social but to be honest she didn't even look at his social since I had the birth certificate. Then she got my ID and made copies of everything and that was it. She asked me where I was born and asked my stand in the same information. I paid the $71 dollars and was handed my marriage license. We had to wait 72 hours to get married and that was fairly easy.

amannddaa1885
11-26-2011, 02:40 AM
Do they accept a proxy marraige at the buster cole unit?? not sure of the county.

Y25
11-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Do they accept a proxy marraige at the buster cole unit?? not sure of the county.

Marriage by proxy is a legally recognized union throughout the state of Texas, all counties and all TDCJ units.

nicoleareilly
11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Marriage by proxy is a legally recognized union throughout the state of Texas, all counties and all TDCJ units.

No not all counties allow marriage by proxy... My county which is Camp county acknowledges them if you have it done somewhere else. They will not preform the ceremony, sign or give you any of the papers needed.

Y25
11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
No not all counties allow marriage by proxy... My county which is Camp county acknowledges them if you have it done somewhere else. They will not preform the ceremony, sign or give you any of the papers needed.

Thank you, nicoleareilly. I probably should have been more clear in my answer because I have seen others here on PTO say that their county won't do proxy marriages either.

What I was trying to say is that all counties in Texas and all TDCJ units do recognize/acknowledge/accept a proxy marriage as a legal marriage, but as you point out, it may have to be performed in another county.

nicoleareilly
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Thank you, nicoleareilly. I probably should have been more clear in my answer because I have seen others here on PTO say that their county won't do proxy marriages either. What I was trying to say is that all counties in Texas and all TDCJ units do recognize/acknowledge a proxy marriage as a legal marriage, but as you point out, it may have to be performed in another county.

Yeah I cannot find a county around me that does them. It is ridiculous. So it's a good thing that we were "married" before and were able to just do the whole common law thing instead.

Nieves915
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
OKAY QUESTION If you get married by proxy does the inmate still have to ask permission. Seeing how he cant be there anyway. My man is in the county jail and we are common law, but do not have the common law certificate... Weve just been living together for a year and wearing our rings and calling ourselves married.... I sent him the affidavit yesterday, but i wonder if the jail could deny him the opportunity to sign it???? HELP

nicoleareilly
12-06-2011, 04:00 PM
OKAY QUESTION If you get married by proxy does the inmate still have to ask permission. Seeing how he cant be there anyway. My man is in the county jail and we are common law, but do not have the common law certificate... Weve just been living together for a year and wearing our rings and calling ourselves married.... I sent him the affidavit yesterday, but i wonder if the jail could deny him the opportunity to sign it???? HELP

I do not think they can deny it. My husband and I were common law but when he went into the system 4 years ago we were in a bad place so he put single on his information sheet. But after talking since then and getting things back in order we decided to reclaim being common law and just filled out the papers. The ladies in inmate records tried to tell me it would not go through but it did and we are doing so much better now. Just try it all he should have to do is do an I-60 get a lay in at the law library get it notarized and sent to you and then you file everything and then send it to the prison. Good luck and CONGRATS!!!!!

dtksgrl
01-14-2012, 06:17 AM
This is an old question so you may have already figured all this out but my husband and I got married 7 months ago and he is still in county. Since his case was still pending we went to the attys and they took the paperwork to him and had it notarized for him. The county where we live was very difficult. They had so many stipulations about who could and could not be the proxy and we wanted to keep it out of the local paper so I got all the paperwork in the next county over and it was much easier. He never had to get permission from the jail. He just had to fill out the forms and it was fairly simple. We also had wonderful attys to help and his brother is ordained so he performed the vows. My best friends stood with me. His atty even videotaped everything to show him.

crys.laser
01-24-2012, 10:18 AM
My husband and I are getting married by proxy next week. When I called the county were going it in, she said he has to get the proxy form notarized at the prison. I couldn't get it motorized. Has anyone else hubby had to do this? I mean how is she going to know if he got it notorized vs. Me? Just curious, cause idk how long it'll take him to get something notarized, cause I'm sure hell have to "request" it which as we all know, when they have to request anything it takes forever! So im just curious.
Oh yeah, the county I'm doing it in is NOT one in which the inmate has to mail the form to the county clerk. I can bring it all in. So how would she know any different? Just wondering if anyone else was told their hubby had to do this? And if you just got it notarized?

TDCJ hand
01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
Each notary has, for lack of better term, an ID number on their stamp.

neluvrod
02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Hey everybody I am new to this and i could use as much help as i can get my honey and i have been together way before he caught his case and now we have decided to get married I love him so so so so so much but i don't know the first thing on getting this whole thing started i don't know where to go are anything can anyone please help me !!!!!!! asap!! please!! I'm in Houston Tx!!!

Greenman
02-11-2012, 07:58 PM
I am a Wiccan priest, and my wife and I hold services in 15 TDCJ units. I would like to offer to conduct marriage (handfasting) rituals for anyone marrying a TDCJ offender within 100 miles of Richmond, TX, for free. Contact me at Email removed per PTO policy - please PM member.

lizzy11
02-17-2012, 11:55 PM
I am a Wiccan priest, and my wife and I hold services in 15 TDCJ units. I would like to offer to conduct marriage (handfasting) rituals for anyone marrying a TDCJ offender within 100 miles of Richmond, TX, for free. Contact me at Email removed per PTO policy - please PM member.

Wheres is richmond tx at :-\

TandT2009
02-18-2012, 04:06 PM

What does this entail?? I am very interested!!

rodnjcv
03-11-2012, 03:49 PM
[quote=vim1946;898004]That's why they need to call the county first -- Johnson County -- just below Dallas County will accept the bride (or groom -- the one not needing the proxy) bringing in the affidavit, doesn't need it notarized and doesn't require the inmates ID -- they go strictly by the State Law and didn't add anything to it like a lot of the other counties did. I just got married there a month ago and I just brought the affidavit, brought my driver's license and the cash and we had a license -- came b

ack 72 hours later, went to the JP and got married.[/quo

Hi I wass going thoug the threads and I found your post, is very interesting and I need some info I will apreciate any if you can help me with, me n my boyfriend trying to get marrie butthe clercks in jail gave him hard time to notarized the affidavit so he sent it to me and now don't know what to do and I see in your thread it doesn't not to be notarized how did you do that ? thak you for any info

rodnjcv
03-11-2012, 04:10 PM
There is a from that the county clerk has specific to TDC inmates. It does not require a notary to stamp it. The price of a marriage license is now starting at $70.
hi can you tell me where can I get that form? cuz they are giving hard time to my honey to notarize the affidavit in the unit, I will apreciate any info thank you very much

luvinhim24/7
03-11-2012, 04:24 PM
He can get one at the law library on his unit or you can go to the county clerks office and ask for one. Some of them insist that they mail it directly to him but others will give it to you to mail. Every county is different. My husband got one from the law library and filled it out and sent it to me. It did not have to be notorized.

MlovesC
03-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Hello, I got the affidavit of absence form for my fiance and mailed it to him 3rd week of January 2012 and he took it to Law Library and they sent it off to get notorized by state and now we are in March and he still hasn't gotten it back. I called the Hamilton Unit and they these things take time. Does anyone know how damn long they have to get the form back to him?
Thank You

brokennglass
03-15-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't know where you're from but there are a few counties that don't require it to be notarized. I went to.Nacogdoches county and they accepted the unsworn declaration yesterday and we're getting married Monday.

MlovesC
03-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Wow...lucky you. my fiance is housed in Brazos County, Bryan Tx. The form that I was given at the county clerks office said it needed to be notorized. Congratz!!

brokennglass
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
The prison should have an.unsworn declaration he can get from the law library or you can print one from online. Once you do that theres a.sticky.thread here that lists.every.county in texas and their.requirements for proxy marriage. You can get a license anywhere in tx doesnt have to be where you live or where youre getting married. Nacogdoches is 40 miles from me. I went there because I was having the same problem you were. Call your neighboring counties and you can be married by next week if you get on top of it. I wish yall the best!

rodnjcv
04-17-2012, 09:13 PM
My husband and I are getting married by proxy next week. When I called the county were going it in, she said he has to get the proxy form notarized at the prison. I couldn't get it motorized. Has anyone else hubby had to do this? I mean how is she going to know if he got it notorized vs. Me? Just curious, cause idk how long it'll take him to get something notarized, cause I'm sure hell have to "request" it which as we all know, when they have to request anything it takes forever! So im just curious.
Oh yeah, the county I'm doing it in is NOT one in which the inmate has to mail the form to the county clerk. I can bring it all in. So how would she know any different? Just wondering if anyone else was told their hubby had to do this? And if you just got it notarized?
yes he needs to get it notarized but he can do that in the law library I sent the affidavit to my now husband and he got it notarized right away then he mail it back to me I took it back to the county clerck and got marriage license we are now marriedm I think is depends in the unit he is @

rodnjcv
04-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Hello, I got the affidavit of absence form for my fiance and mailed it to him 3rd week of January 2012 and he took it to Law Library and they sent it off to get notorized by state and now we are in March and he still hasn't gotten it back. I called the Hamilton Unit and they these things take time. Does anyone know how damn long they have to get the form back to him?
Thank You
Hi how everything is going? am reading your post and just curious if you solve your problem about getting the affidavit notarized, so I wanna to tell you there's only one way to found out and all you have to do is to call the law library and ask them what is goin on because usually there's a notary there , good luck.

MlovesC
04-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Hello,
Things are going good, just slow. I finally did get the affidavit form back and it was filled out incorrect. Person at the Law Library filled it out incorrect. So the county clerk said to send my man another form. So this time around I wrote on one the way it should be filled out and a blank one for them to fill out. I was told that it should be take them less then 2 weeks to fill out again and send back. Hopefully I get it back this week. I have to be patient and wait.

MlovesC
05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
We are finally going to marry on May 17,2012 and I will see him on May 19,2012. When Our eyes meet it will be as husband and wife.!!!!!!

garciasgurl
05-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Any news? Are ya married?? :-) if so congrats!!

Pretty_eyez
08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Hi i am new to this website and i really need help on getting some information. Maybe yall can help me out. Im in houston and i am trying to get married to my man that is locked up in county jail and i wanted to know how can i go about doing that. Any info would really help thank you

Pretty_eyez
08-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Hi i am interested on your post. I wanted to know if you can help me on that situation.

Pretty_eyez
08-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Do you know where i can get the list that shows the requirements in cities that do it in tx

The prison should have an.unsworn declaration he can get from the law library or you can print one from online. Once you do that theres a.sticky.thread here that lists.every.county in texas and their.requirements for proxy marriage. You can get a license anywhere in tx doesnt have to be where you live or where youre getting married. Nacogdoches is 40 miles from me. I went there because I was having the same problem you were. Call your neighboring counties and you can be married by next week if you get on top of it. I wish yall the best!

Renee
08-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Do you know where i can get the list that shows the requirements in cities that do it in tx
Welcome to PTO! Here are links to the Stickys. Good luck!

Texas Proxy Marriage Information (Counties A-J) (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175252)

Texas Proxy Marriage Information (Counties K-Z) (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185830)