F: 713-671-4352

San Antonio/Salvation Army
226 Nolan Street
San Antonio, Texas 78202
P: 210-226-2291
F: 210-224-9578

PLS223
01-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Cracknegg: You have listed approved half-way houses. What about the ones my daughter my go to. She mentioned, Bryan, Freeport, Tyler, Midland, or Ft. Worth. That was her 5 choices. You are very helpful. Her outdate from Halbert is supposed to be Feb. 16th, but if there isn't a bed available at 1/2 house she will have to stay longer at Halbert. Thanks again.

Retired-18
01-03-2005, 10:21 PM
I am still looking for more to add to the list...not done yet, but be patient with me, I'm a little slow!

PLS223
01-03-2005, 10:23 PM
Cracknegg: Thanks. I will be patient. I will keep checking back.

Retired-18
01-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Just teasing you girl, let me see what I can find!

PLS223
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Cracknegg....You are lots of help. You have listed a whole lot of houses they could go to. I will keep checking until I find out where my daughter will go. It is so hard to find out info from her PO or anyone else for that matter. Everything is so secret. I called her PO today to ask what her out date from the Halbert Unit would be...and she say she couldn't tell me for safety reasons. I am her mother with her little daughter here. I think I have a right to know. I get so frustrated with all of this. Anyway, sorry and thanks again so much.

Retired-18
01-04-2005, 10:33 PM
It's enough to drive you nuts isn't it. I am still looking and I know at one point I posted it but I will be darned if I can find it now! Keep us posted on what you find out.

donnab
01-04-2005, 10:42 PM
TEXAS HALFWAY HOUSES"

Parole Division Directory
Halfway House

Beaumont/TMG, Inc.
2495 Gulf Street
Beaumont, Texas 77703
P: 409-832-6495
F: 409-832-0695

Dallas/Wayback House
899 N. Stemmons Fwy.
Dallas, Texas 75207
P: 214-742-1971
F: 214-742-2668

Del Valle/SCS, Inc.
3320 South FM 973
Del Valle, Texas 78617
P: 512-386-5722
F: 512-386-5386

El Paso
1650 Horizon Blvd. N.
El Paso, Texas 79928
P: 915-852-1505
F: 915-852-1507

Fort Worth/CSC, Inc.
600 N. Henderson
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
P: 817-335-6053
F: 817-335-6628

Houston/Reid CCF
10950 Beaumont Highway P: 713-675-4426

226 Nolan Street
San Antonio, Texas 78202

Parole Division
Contract Information - Halfway House
Austin/Salvation Army Halfway House
Major Robert Taylor
501 East 8th Street
Austin, Texas 78767
P: 512-476-2628
F: 512-474-9950

Beaumont/TMG, Inc.
L. Coleman
2495 Gulf Street
Beaumont, Texas 77703
P: 409-832-6495
F: 409-832-0695

Dallas/Wayback House
Al Richard
899 N. Stemmons Fwy
Dallas, Texas 75207
P: 214-742-1971
F: 214-742-2668

Del Valle/TMD, Inc.
(Comstock Center)
K. Gaddie
3320 South FM 973
Del Valle, Texas 78617
P: 512-386-5174
F: 512-386-5386

El Paso/Alivian, Inc.
Chilo Madrid
1069 Socorro Road
El Paso, Texas 79927
P: 915-858-6208
F: 915-858-0435

El Paso/SCS, Inc.
Sherie Sales
1650 Horizon Blvd. North
El Paso, Texas 79927
P: 915-852-1505
F: 915-852-1507

Fort Worth/CSC, Inc.
Rick Reninger
600 N. Henderson
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
P: 817-335-6053
F: 817-335-6628

Fort Worth/Volunteers of America
Merrill Wells
2710 Avenue J
Fort Worth, Texas 76105
P: 817-535-0853
F: 817-531-1429

Houston/Reid CCF Craig Ross
10950 Beaumont Highway
Houston, Texas 77072
P: 713-675-4426

La Villa/Albert Snead Corr. Cntr.
Stephen Spill
P. O. Box 239
La Villa, Texas 78562
P: 956-262-4142
F: 956-262-5210

Dr. Klon Kitchen
226 Nolan Street
San Antonio, Texas 78202

Welasco/TMG, Inc.
(Valley Center)
L. Colunga
619 S. International Blvd.
Welasco, Texas 78596
P: 956-447-8022
F: 956-447-0199

PLS223
01-04-2005, 10:48 PM
Cracknegg: I found where you posted some more houses. You did do it. I appreciate it. I have so much hope for my daughter...but sometimes I wonder if she is ready to get out in the world. She is 22 been on drugs since about 16. She got to the point she hated her life...but couldn't stop the cycle. My grandbaby's daddy likes drugs and is locked up also at the moment, but will be out of state jail the beginning of March. He has been locked up most of my granddaughters life. I am so scared if she goes back to him because he loves drugs and her probation people aren't playing around with her anymore. Her life is her choice, but I want to help her so bad. I can't make her not choose him, but he is really a bad seed. I am sorry, just so upset about whole situation. Thanks for listening.

Retired-18
01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Actually our Miss Donna found the TDCJ Vendor page so I can't take credit for this. PLS you cannot control your daughter period. She must be the one to choose. You can give her love and support but be careful not to get pulled into the game many of us with a loved one with an addiction get pulled into by trying to solve her problems for her. She is a grown woman who must choose to behave as such. If she does not that is no reflection on you and nothing you could control. Know we are here for you if you need anything.

PLS223
01-20-2005, 11:33 PM
My daughter wrote and said she may be going to McCaffery House in Bryan Texas. It is a TTC Halfway House. I can't find anything on the internet. I don't know if she misspelled it or if I am doing something wrong. If anyone could help me, I do appreciate it. I am not that great on the computer, but I do try. I appreciate anything you can tell me. thanks again for any help.

Retired-18
01-21-2005, 12:24 AM
Hope you got the pm I sent you PLS. I will be posting the complete list this weekend.

proud grannie
01-21-2005, 10:28 AM
Cracknegg: I found where you posted some more houses. You did do it. I appreciate it. I have so much hope for my daughter...but sometimes I wonder if she is ready to get out in the world. She is 22 been on drugs since about 16. She got to the point she hated her life...but couldn't stop the cycle. My grandbaby's daddy likes drugs and is locked up also at the moment, but will be out of state jail the beginning of March. He has been locked up most of my granddaughters life. I am so scared if she goes back to him because he loves drugs and her probation people aren't playing around with her anymore. Her life is her choice, but I want to help her so bad. I can't make her not choose him, but he is really a bad seed. I am sorry, just so upset about whole situation. Thanks for listening.PLSA223:
My first concern right now would be to keep your daughters baby safe. I understand you have the baby--I would keep the baby until I found out for sure your daughter is going to stay clean--so many very bad things can happen to these little ones from drug using parents. The parents do not mean to let things happen to their little ones but when the drugs take over then they are not responsible. I know I have been there done that and right now have custody of my 2 great-granddaughters and plan to keep them after their mom gets out until she stays clean at least 2 years. I understand that will be hard for me to do but for the safety of her girls I plan on doing it that way.
Always love your daughter and support her the best you can but never put that little one in harms way.
proud grannie

PLS223
01-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Thank you for your advice. I totally agree. My granddaughter is an innocent little child and doesn't deserve to be brought up around drugs. You proud grannie sound so wonderful to take such wonderful care of your great grandchildren. you are a very unselfish person. The people on this site are so nice and I am glad I have found it. When you get a chance let me know how your granddaughter is doing. I feel in my heart how much you love her. I will remember you in my prayers. I think lots of you proud grannie. Bye for now. Everyone her is so nice. Bye for now.

PLS223
01-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Cracknegg: Thanks for your response. I appreciate it so much. You are so helpful in everything you tell me. I wish I was better on the internet...but at least I can usually figure out how to contact you and proud grannie. I don't understand why I can't find info about McCaffery House in Bryan Texas. The address is 405 W. 28th, Bryan, Texas 77880. There seems to be nothing on the internet and that is where my daughter thinks she is going. Thanks again. I don't know about your loved one locked up, but if you ever have the time, I would love to hear. Bye for now. Thanks for everything.

PLS223
01-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Milton: I think I remember that your daughter was at the Halbert Unit. Is that correct? If so, is she still there? Has she gone to a halfway house? What is the status on that? I was just interested since my daughter is in that unit soon to be transferred to hopefully a halfway house in Bryan. Let me know about your situation. Thanks again. Proud Grannie and Cracknegg are ever so helpful. bye for now.

proud grannie
01-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Thank you for your advice. I totally agree. My granddaughter is an innocent little child and doesn't deserve to be brought up around drugs. You proud grannie sound so wonderful to take such wonderful care of your great grandchildren. you are a very unselfish person. The people on this site are so nice and I am glad I have found it. When you get a chance let me know how your granddaughter is doing. I feel in my heart how much you love her. I will remember you in my prayers. I think lots of you proud grannie. Bye for now. Everyone her is so nice. Bye for now.
So many of us are in the same boat--we dearly love our children or in my case grandchildren and want what is best for them. ; but when there is little kids involved that takes center stage as far as I am concerned.
I can tell you are also very interested in your daughter as well as grandaughters welfare. Thanks for the prayers. I am a praying person myself--I teach a Ladies group where I attend church--I also do Christian counseling thru the church. There are a lot of hurting people in this word and allot of them are children.
My granddaughter is still sitting in jail wait to be transferred to SAFP--it breaks my heart that she has to be there but I know God is working in her life there. She has started reading her Bible and I send her Sunday school lessons and devotional readings. If I skip a week she calls and ask for more. Before she was just to busy for God if that makes sense. When someone gets their lives right with God then the other things fall into place a little easier. Notice I did not say they just fall into place because they don't. It takes effort on the part of the person involved.
You can call the half-way house where your daughter will be going and they will give you information about the house--rules etc. They send me a packet about the half-way house my granddaughter was in before.
I will try and pull up some info off the computer tonight.
proud grannie

PLS223
01-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Hi proud grannie: Thanks for your reply. My daughter also is saying the minute she gets out she wants to get directly into church because she says that is the only way right now she can stay sober. She tells me she stays in her bible and that is the only thing that comforts her right now and gives her hope for the future. It is the first time in her life she has talked this way. I feel good about this. I hope this thought will stay with her. I still can't find the particular halfway house my daughter is speaking of. Cracknegg listed so many of them and I wrote down several in Bryan she had listed, but none with the name my daughter mentioned. She says it is the McCaffery House at 405 W. 28th in Bryan Texas. I just don't think it exists. LOL. Anyway, good to hear from you. I am trying to learn how to navigate around this prison talk, but still not real smart at it. Talk to you soon.

milton
01-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Sorry but I have been out of town for awhile. Yes my daughter is at Halbert. She has been there about two months so I guess she has about four months to go . She tells me that they are holding up people going to halfway houses because they are full.She also has to go to one of them. She will be going out on Parole and she tells me that the parole officer will pick which one she will go to. There is not one located in the city she is going to. so I guess she will have to go to another city. Does not make sense to me but what does in this state. She has a home and husband waiting for her where she will parole too. I think the list that they have at Halbert is different from the one listed on the TDCJ site. It may be that they list all houses but some will only take men. I have only been up there One time but my son in law goes almost every weekend. So he calls me every time he leaves there. I also get about one letter a week from her. They keep them pretty busy and until late at night, They also get up about four in the morning. I wish your daughter and Granddaughter well and hope every thing works out for all of you.Milton

PLS223
01-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Milton: Glad to hear from you. Yeah...my daughter was originally supposed to be released from Burnet February 16th, but they have told her it will be longer because the halfway houses are filled up. She was supposed to give five cities of her choice. Her choices were Bryan, Freeport, Tyler and I can't remember the other two. She was on probation before she went in...does that mean she will be on probation or parole when she gets out? This is all so confusing for me. I have been up there about 6 times to see my daughter. It is a week-end trip and with my granddaughter it is hard because it is so far. I have to keep her focused on school, etc. They are very strict at Halbert, but I think it seems to be a very good program. Some of their rules almost make me crazy sometimes. I do see a change in my daughter, but I guess when they are locked up the rules change them. They get up early, go to meetings, my daughter works 5 hours per day, etc. Very busy schedule. Anyway, I have looked everywhere on the internet for McCaffery House in Bryan Texas, which is the halfway house my daughter thinks she will go to. Cracknegg and proud grannie have been very helpful, but I see nothing on this house. I thought everything was on the internet. LOL. Anyway, good to hear from you and I in return wish you luck and your daughter. Yeah, once in the legal system.....everything seems impossible. Good luck. Bye for now.

milton
01-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Brazos Valley Council on Alcohol and Substance Abuse
(979)823-5300 or 1(800)725-8255
405 W. 28th St., Bryan
www.bvcasa.org
I found this on Google under the address. Guess you could call them and see if that is where your daughter is talking about. It is a rehab place. Hope this helps.
I am sure if your daughter is on probation she will still be on probation(not Parole) when she gets out.My daughter has been in prison for almost 4yrs on a 5yr sentence so will be on parole for 1yr or less,

PLS223
01-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Milton, I am so sorry...I can't figure out how to use this prisontalk forum. I saw your post onthe Bryan facility. Thank you so much. I wish I could know how to write on the proper place, but I don't. I hope you get this. also what was the deal with the lockdown on MSNBC? I was curious about that. You have been lots of help. Thanks again. My daughter is hoping to find out the first Wednesday of next month her outdate and where she will be going which her hope is Bryan. They get 5 choices and they try to give them their first choice. Again, thanks for your help. I am going to try and figure this prisontalk out once in for all. Bye for now.

milton
01-29-2005, 08:39 AM
If you have not already done so, You can click on the www.bycasa.org. on my post and it will take you to the web site for the place in Bryan. One thing I can not figure out is, it said the ones coming there must have completed the SAFP program and also PHASE ONE. What phase one means I do not know. I am sure if you call the numbers listed they will tell you if they have room for her and all about the place. It does sound like a good place for her to go to.I only hope my daughter goes to a good one and not like some I have read about on this site. Bye for now.

PLS223
01-29-2005, 10:51 AM
Milton: Thanks. I clicked on the website but for some reason it won't let me visit it. I will try again later. Once again, I appreciate your help. I will probably just call this place in Bryan. I have heard horror stories about some of the halfway houses.....and I hope this is a good one. I hear you can get drugs all day and night. I guess it is the choice of the person whether to do them or not. I hope after being in SAFP for 6-7 months, most would make the right choice. I don't understand Phase I either. Anyway, thanks again.

tommybear
01-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Substance Abuse Felony Punishment Facility (SAFPF) An intensive six-month therapeutic community program (nine-month program for offenders with special needs) for offenders who are sentenced by a judge as a condition of community supervision or as a modification of parole/community supervision. The program consists of Phase I (Orientation), a comprehensive assessment and orientation of the Therapeutic Community; Phase II (Main Treatment), which includes education, skills training, offender lifestyle confrontation, family dynamics, and peer support groups; and Phase III (Re-Entry), the education of offenders in the development of social skills and the recognition of the triggers of relapse. Upon completion of the SAFPF program, offenders are placed in a community residential facility/Transitional Treatment Center for three months, followed by outpatient treatment for up to twelve additional months. The aftercare phase administers a diverse range of therapeutic, residential, outpatient, and resource programs. The Special Needs program provides educational components that address Axis I mental disorders as well as personality disorders, medication regimentation, and the interaction of disorders with substances of abuse.

If you have not already done so, You can click on the www.bycasa.org (http://www.bycasa.org/). on my post and it will take you to the web site for the place in Bryan. One thing I can not figure out is, it said the ones coming there must have completed the SAFP program and also PHASE ONE. What phase one means I do not know. I am sure if you call the numbers listed they will tell you if they have room for her and all about the place. It does sound like a good place for her to go to.I only hope my daughter goes to a good one and not like some I have read about on this site. Bye for now.

proud grannie
01-29-2005, 01:29 PM
PLS223:
I can find nothing about the half-way house you listed--I am with Milton try the site he listed for you and they can probably give you the phone no or info about the half-way house you are interested in.
I understand my granddaughter will go back to the SAFP and go into Phase III (re-entry) I think she will have to be there for the full 6 months. Her PO had told her she would probably be moved last week but she wasn't--NO BEDS--when she came out before she had been on probation--she was still on probation after she completed the SAFP and half-way house deal. Part of the time was removed for taking the CHANGES program thru SAFP; tell your daughters to keep their certificate from that and carry it to their PO officer for credit. They also counted just a little of her jail time off her community service time--not sure how it will work the seond time around. Since she had to go back to court for revolking her probation and some hot checks had came thru from before she went in the first time--her payments for the court cost; bad checks and PO charges will be allot more. I am not sure how she will make it because she will also have child support payments. Some times things just don't seem fair at all. I know she messed up and brought most of this on herself.
Let us know as soon as you find out for sure where and when your daughter will get out. Milton hope your daughter is making it OK in SAFP.
There must not be allot of people on PrisonTalk with loved ones in SAFP or else they just don't post allot.
Proud grannie

cjSweetwater
01-29-2005, 02:08 PM
Y'all probably want to avoid Reid CCF. They have had some really back stuff going down over the past year. Eight staff were allowed to resign after it was found that they were using drugs on the premises and selling to the residents. This I got from a couple of my guys who did their aftercare there not too long ago. Also, they said that they were not given their mail until the day they left for home. Crazy hunh?

cjSweetwater
01-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Am typing up another list with more SAFPF related TTC's. Will get it to you soon.

cjSweetwater
01-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Here are some more TTC’s used by TDCJ SAFPF’s hope this helps……

ABODE Treatment, Inc.
701 S. Cherry Lane
White Settlement, TX 76108
(817) 246-8677

Bay Area Recovery Center
4316 Washington St.
Dickinson, TX 77539
(281) 337-1343

Cen-Tex Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
2500 S Gen Bruce Drive
Temple, TX 76504
(254) 778-2286

Cenikor Foundation, Inc.
2929 Briar Park, Suite 300
Houston, TX 77042
(713) 266-9944

County Rehabilitation Center, Inc.
313 Ferrell Road
Tyler, TX 75702
(903) 593-3131

The Freeman Center, Inc.
PO Box 128
Waco, TX 76703
(254) 753-8251

Help Is Possible
Gateway Foundation - Texas
5821 Southwest Frwy., Ste. 608
Houston, TX 77057
(713) 592-8211

Green Villa: A Residential Treatment Center
P.O. Box 218
Greenville, TX 75403
(903) 454-6853

Land Manor, Inc.
P.O. Box 7250
Beaumont, TX 77726
(409) 838-3946

Salvation Army, A Georgia Corporation
P.O. Box 35928
Dallas, TX 75235
(214) 424-7031

Up To Me, Inc.
6222 N. Lamar
Austin, TX 78752
(512) 459-4947

Volunteers of America Texas, Inc.
P.O. Box 12449
Fort Worth, TX 76110
(817) 529-7300

Cheyenne Center
P.O. Box 11157
Houston, TX 77293
(713) 691-4898

milton
01-30-2005, 11:34 AM
believe this to be the most complete and up to date:
Substance Abuse Vendors - Residential Treatment

Vendor
City
Service Type
Beds
Relapse
Beds

Abode Treatment Center White Settlement
Male

Bay Area Recovery Dickinson
Male

Brazoria Cty. Alcoholic Recovery Center. Freeport

Brazos Valley Council (BVCASA) Bryan

Cen-Tex Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center Temple
Male

Cheyenne Center (Zebra) Houston

Clover House (Permian Basin) Interchangeable w/N. Jackson site Odessa

Cornell Co., Inc. Houston
Male

County Rehabilitation Center Tyler
Male

Female

Freeman Center Waco

Gateway Foundation Dallas
Male

Green Villa Greenville
Male

Land Manor Beaumont
Male

Lubbock Regional Mental Health Lubbock

Recovery Campus of Texas Corpus Christi
Male

Alice
Male

Salvation Army Dallas

Serenity Foundation Abilene
Male

Female

Southeast Keller Houston

Southern Corrections Systems, Inc. Del Valle
Male

Female

Horizon City
Male

Spindletop Beaumont
Male

Treatment Associates Victoria

Up To Me Austin
Male

Female

Volunteers of America Ft. Worth

[Return to Parole Home]

Page Updated: February 12, 2004

PLS223
02-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Hello: Well again hope I am in the right place, but my daughter found out this week she will get released March 2nd and goes to Bryan Texas to a halfway house. Just wanted to let all of you that have helped me. Thanks Cracknegg, Milton, Proud Grannie, and others. I appreciate all of your help. Thanks.

PLS223
02-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey everybody: My daughter found out this week her release date is March 2nd and on to the halfway house in Bryan Texas. Just wanted to let you all know that have helped me. Thanks, Cracknegg, Milton, Miss Donna, proud grannie and others. Thanks again. Talk to you all soon.

proud grannie
02-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey everybody: My daughter found out this week her release date is March 2nd and on to the halfway house in Bryan Texas. Just wanted to let you all know that have helped me. Thanks, Cracknegg, Milton, Miss Donna, proud grannie and others. Thanks again. Talk to you all soon.
Your Welcome---Is Bryan closer to you so maybe you could visit more often.
Hope your daughter does great there--is it co-ed?
My granddaughter is still sitting in jail waiting to be moved to the SAFP she has been there 3 month already.
Proud grannie

milton
02-07-2005, 10:58 AM
PLS223 & Proud Grannie:
I am glad your daughter found out when she will be leaving there.Also that she goes to Bryan as she hoped. Will be sure glad when my daughter reaches that point. We have no idea where she will go to a halfway house We just pray it is close to her home.

Grannie: I also hope your grand daughter will leave the county jail soon. That is not a good place to be. But it is wonderful she got another chance. I am sure it will be different this time for her. Good luck!!

timber_fairy
02-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Also if anyhone needed to know. The Salvation Army in Waco runs a half way house. I Know a female offender that is there right now. It is a co-ed house.

mizzlili2u05
04-19-2005, 02:27 AM
sorry if im the wrong place but ya'll seem to know a lot about these halfway houses my fiance is going to go to one when he comes out of the place he is in ....but wut i wanted to know was more information or how to find out more about how the halfway homes work and their rules that the have ..i would appriciate it if someone could help me out thank you :o the halfway home he is going to is Bay Area Recovery Center in Dickinson,Tx

concernedmom2
05-22-2005, 11:07 PM
I was wanting to find out about half-way houses. I found this forum by doing research on the internet. My daughter is at SAFP in Burnet, Tx. She is supposed to get out in October, but was told it may be longer since the half-way houses are all full. A friend at my church who is in the prison ministry and who has also been in prison told me I should start looking and get her on the waiting list. How do I go about doing this? Does anyone have any idea. Thank you for your help.

tommybear
05-23-2005, 02:16 AM
You can't do anything relating to getting her on a list. My wife is in SAFP at Burnet and they assign them to a half way house when they have completed the program. And yes, right now most clients are having to stay an extra month or so in SAFP because the number of beds available in half way houses are limited. My wife is leaving June 7th, which is over a month past her 6 months. They are sending her to a half way house in El Paso, and that's 768 miles from home. They are sending her to a town that's as far away from home in Texas as possible....it sucks.

concernedmom2
05-23-2005, 08:41 PM
Tommy,
Thank you for your quick reply. I was hoping I could do something to help her get out early. She said she could request 2 or 3 places. I am in Ft. Worth. It's hard enough for me to get to Burnet. So if she goes to El Paso I won't get to see her at all. I am praying she can get in somewhere in Ft. Worth or Dallas. I have only heard from my daughter twice since she's been in Burnet, and she's been there 6 weeks. I used to get 2 or 3 letters a week. Also I had to send some information for some people she wanted to put on her visitor list. But my mom went and she still was not on her list. Can she not add anyone else? I appreciate any information. It sucks not being able to have contact with her.

tommybear
05-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Tommy,
Thank you for your quick reply. I was hoping I could do something to help her get out early. She said she could request 2 or 3 places. I am in Ft. Worth. It's hard enough for me to get to Burnet. So if she goes to El Paso I won't get to see her at all. I am praying she can get in somewhere in Ft. Worth or Dallas. I have only heard from my daughter twice since she's been in Burnet, and she's been there 6 weeks. I used to get 2 or 3 letters a week. Also I had to send some information for some people she wanted to put on her visitor list. But my mom went and she still was not on her list. Can she not add anyone else? I appreciate any information. It sucks not being able to have contact with her.

The whole unit in Burnet has been on LOP/LOC for the past few weeks, but as far as I know everyone is off it now. They have also been having to do "props" during that time and she may have been too tired to write at the end of the day. I drive 560 miles to see my wife every weekend, but once she moves to El Paso I won't be able to do that anymore. I called the half way house in El Paso today and they only allow them one 2-hour visit per weekend and it's not worth driving almost 1600 miles to just get to spend 2 hours with her. But your daughter might be lucky....when the time comes for her to leave SAFP there might be a bed for her in Ft. Worth....there are several approved half way houses in the DFW area. Usually they are allowed to make a list of about 5 different areas they'd like to go to a half way house, but that doesn't mean they'll get to go where they choose....it all depends on where a bed is available, and right now beds are hard to find. If they don't like where they're being sent, they can choose to stay at Halbert til a bed comes available where they want to go, but that could be an extra month or two in SAFP. As for the visitation list....once they make a visitation list it is 6 months before they can change it or add people. There is just nothing you or anyone else can do to shorten the length of time she'll be there. It is a 6-month program and no one gets out early....usually they end up staying 7 months or longer due to the shortage in half way house beds. I hope this helps you....if you need to know anything else let me know.

proud grannie
05-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I am not Tommy but I have a granddaughter in Burnet--things may have changed but you could only add to your visitors list about every 3 months My granddaughter made out her list when she first went in and said it was like pulling a tooth to change it. Things could be different than she is telling us --she sometimes gets things mixed up. Hope your daughter does good with the program

Proud grannie

Tommy,

tommybear
05-23-2005, 10:48 PM
I am not Tommy but I have a granddaughter in Burnet--things may have changed but you could only add to your visitors list about every 3 months My granddaughter made out her list when she first went in and said it was like pulling a tooth to change it. Things could be different than she is telling us --she sometimes gets things mixed up. Hope your daughter does good with the program

Proud grannie

You may be right Proud Grannie....at Halbert it may be every 3 months instead of every 6 months.....I can't remember for sure.

proud grannie
05-23-2005, 10:58 PM
Tommy--So sorry your wife is being sent so far away. Sure hope our granddaughter get to be closer to home--she has those 2 little girls so maybe they will try harder for the kids sake
Proud grannie

tommybear
05-23-2005, 11:03 PM
Tommy--So sorry your wife is being sent so far away. Sure hope our granddaughter get to be closer to home--she has those 2 little girls so maybe they will try harder for the kids sake
Proud grannie

I called the lady in charge of Gateway there at Halbert this morning and tried to get her to find a bed closer to home for Michelle, but she said "I would put her somewhere closer to home if I could, but there just aren't any available." El Paso wasn't even on her list of places to go....but she don't want to stay longer at Halbert, so I guess it's "El Paso she goes".

proud grannie
05-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Tommy
what is "props" that you mentioned the ladies having to do---that is a new one for me--haven't heard from granddaughter in nearly 2 weeks so I bet that is why
proud grannie

tommybear
05-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Tommy
what is "props" that you mentioned the ladies having to do---that is a new one for me--haven't heard from granddaughter in nearly 2 weeks so I bet that is why
proud grannie

"Props" is when they have to sit in a straight-back chair from 4am til 8pm writing essays. The only breaks are 20 minutes for breakfast, 20 minutes for lunch, 20 minutes for dinner, and 1 hour for rec. They can't talk at all during "props" and if they talk or get caught writing something other than the essay they have to turn their chair around and face the wall.

tommybear
05-23-2005, 11:19 PM
LOP/LOC is loss of priviledges/loss of commissary

concernedmom2
05-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Tommy, thanks so much for the information. This is the only place I have been able to get any information. I'm glad I stumbled on this forum. I will just tell everyone that it may be while before she can add them. If its six months then she may be out by then. If its three then that will be July. She made a list when she first got there. But she didn't have everyone's current information. I had to send it to her. She was on LOC/LOP when I went to see her a month ago. She was real quiet and depressed when she first came in. But after about 15 minutes she finally started lightening up and becoming herself. I don't know what they are doing to her there. but I'm not sure I like it. I just know I miss hearing from her. I have not heard from her in about 2 weeks either. And I am not going to be able to get down there until the first week in June. I would like to keep talking to you guys. I don't know anyone else who is in the same situation.

tommybear
05-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Concernedmom,

You're going to find that the mood swings will happen, especially in the first few months. SAFP uses something similar to brainwashing in the treatment. By using the term "brainwashing" I mean the treatment tries to wash a clients past lifestyle away and replace that thinking with postive thoughts. I go to Burnet every weekend to visit my wife, and I've seen times when she was happy as could be, then the next weekend she'd be depressed. But if the client really puts themselves into the program you will gradually see the changes in them. My wife began the program just like everyone else......she had to start out on the top bunk of bunkbeds, then she moved up to the bottom bunk, and now she's the chief expidator of her dorm and has the only cublicle in the dorm to live in. If a person will commit themselves to the program they will receive more back from it than they will if they fight it. In 2 more weeks my wife will be leaving Burnet for a half way house.....how I wish it were closer to home. Even though El Paso is 768 miles from home, it's only for 3 months.....then the adventure will be over.

proud grannie
05-24-2005, 10:42 PM
My granddaughter wrote about having to set in the chair and not talk and write the essays but she didn't say what it was called.--She really gets upset when they get LOC--she said that seemed the most unfair.
Concernedmom: when you do not get to go visit very often like my case--you just don't seems to understand everything they write in the letters but Tommybear is filling in allot of the blanks for me and I do appreciate it. It is a 6 hour drive --one way--for us and with the 2 little ones it makes it hard to go down for a 2 hour visit having to drive 12 hours a round trip. We have only got to go one time so far; my hubby is having some health problems and that addes to the problem of us getting to go very often.
Tommybear keep up the good reports (Thanks)
Proud grannie

tommybear
05-24-2005, 10:51 PM
I am like everyone else, I miss my wife, but she needed help with her addiction....help I couldn't give her. But I now see her with a much better outlook toward life and it's problems....unless something drastic happens, I think she'll make it after she comes home. SAFP is tough, but in the long run I think it's what an addict needs. Some of the things she's had to do I don't agree with, but as long as it helps her, I'm behind it. Even though she's leaving Halbert in less than 2 weeks, I'll still be here to answer any questions any of you have.

concernedmom2
05-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Proud Grannie,
My daughter told me if you live 600 miles or more away you can get 4 hour visits. I don't know how far you live from there, but you might want to check into that. Tommy, thank you for your input. I have gotten more answers in 2 days than I have in 2 months. I feel a lot better now.

tommybear
05-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Proud Grannie,
My daughter told me if you live 600 miles or more away you can get 4 hour visits. I don't know how far you live from there, but you might want to check into that. Tommy, thank you for your input. I have gotten more answers in 2 days than I have in 2 months. I feel a lot better now.

Actually it's 300 miles to qualify for an extended visit, but it has to be 300 miles on the Texas Milage Guide (http://ecpa.cpa.state.tx.us/mileage/Mileage.jsp). Each TDCJ unit has their own rules concerning how long special visits are, the warden is the one who decides exactly what they will be. At Halbert an extended visit is 2 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday....they don't allow you to take all 4 hours in one day. An extended visit must be preapproved, so it's best to call at least a week in advance.

concernedmom2
05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
You're right. I know she said 300 miles. But I was thinking 6 hour drive and I wrote 600 miles. Sorry for the error. I still have not heard from my daughter, but now that I've talked to ya'll I am not so concerned anymore. Thank you.

tommybear
05-25-2005, 10:00 PM
They are off LOP/LOC and they're not doing "props" any more, so maybe you'll hear from your daughter soon. When I was down there this past weekend my wife said everything was back to normal now.

marthadylan
05-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I dont know if someone put it up or not.........But there is the Wholeway House in Willis, Texas.....Its males only...You have to get an application from them and send it up to a year before you get released (I believe). You cant be a sex offender. Or I believe a re occuring Violent Offender. The guy who runs it came to talk to us in class one day and brought three guys with him. It was very interesting and I like all of them very much. I have been out there to it. Its on alot of land! Its not a state ran halfway house...it is ran on donations and such!

Louis and Denise Nobbs
Wholeway House

Box 906

Willis, TX 77378

936-856-9683
http://www.wholeway.org/

M&M1324
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Does anyone know if the Salvation Army Halfway House in C.C. Texas is a approved Halfway House? A friend of mine might be getting out sometime later this year and he needs to find a Halfway House here in Corpus Christ.

Thanks,
M&M1324

P.s. I'm new here

dra227341
06-06-2005, 09:11 PM
If you do a search for the address, you listed, you would find that this is part of the Brazos Valley Council on Alcohol & Substance Abuse Program, and is a female half-way house for "graduates" from SAF-P. They are a licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Center and Half-way house. Their web site is: http://www.bvcasa.org/. Nothing is posted about rules, visits, contact info for those residing there. My spouse is presently there, and I too, am wondering about their guidelines for family.

M&M1324
06-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Okay,
Now that dra227341 has answered my question about the Salvation Army Halfway House in Corpus Christi. Does anyone know of any Halfway Houses in Corpus Christi for males? If not, where is the closest one?

Thanks

CatMS
08-04-2005, 09:31 AM
crackngegg, My husband is currently in a safep unit and needs to start thinking about which half way house he would like to go to. We are in Texas and since he has been gone I have been diagnosed with MS. I really need him to come home and was wondering if you have any ideas about which one would be the easiest to get into, and the which one of them on the list are in the smallest towns. I don't want to put temptation in harms way. He is trying very hard to walk the straight and narrow, but I feel it never hurts to clear the path of debris before you take those first steps. Any help at all I would greatly appreciate. thanks cat

tommybear
08-04-2005, 12:46 PM
crackngegg, My husband is currently in a safep unit and needs to start thinking about which half way house he would like to go to. We are in Texas and since he has been gone I have been diagnosed with MS. I really need him to come home and was wondering if you have any ideas about which one would be the easiest to get into, and the which one of them on the list are in the smallest towns. I don't want to put temptation in harms way. He is trying very hard to walk the straight and narrow, but I feel it never hurts to clear the path of debris before you take those first steps. Any help at all I would greatly appreciate. thanks cat

CatMS, unfortunately Cracknegg is no longer a member here, but I'll try to answer your question as best I can. My wife was in SAFP and they aren't exactly given a choice of which half-way house they go to when they complete the SAFP program. They are allowed to choose about 3 or 4 half-way houses from a list they would like to go to, but that is no guarantee they will go to one of their choosing. When my wife was released she was sent to a half-way house in El Paso, 770 miles from home (home is in far east Texas, El Paso is as far west in Texas as you can go), but El Paso was not on her list of choices. She was given a choice....either go to El Paso or stay in the SAFP unit until another half-way house had a bed available, which could have been months. If she had chosen to stay at the SAPF unit and waited for an opening in another half-way house that time she spent staying in the SAFP unit would not have counted toward her time in a half-way house. Needless to say, TDCJ doesn't care how far from home they send you.

Nomis
08-31-2005, 11:44 PM
What about half way houses in Illinois?

dgage
02-05-2006, 09:20 AM
does anyone have a list of half way houses in texas

MoMo
02-05-2006, 09:23 AM
does anyone have a list of half way houses in texas

The list was in this post.

http://prisontalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=932591&postcount=8

chuckieschica
02-16-2006, 02:37 PM
are halfway houses co-ed what kind of rules and visits do they have??

MS LADY 50
02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know of the half-way houses in Illinois prefferbly close to Chicago? I am really jumping the gun here since I haven't even self surrendered yet, but once I'm on the inside, I won't be able to communicate with you guys, so I'm trying to soak up as much info as possible, Please understand.
Ms Lady 50 - Sentenced to 15 mths - Self-Surrender Date June 5th.

jessnkat
02-16-2006, 03:52 PM
MsLady - try posting in the Illinois forum for that information. I'm sure that someone there will be able to help with the information you are wanted.

This thread is about halfway houses in Texas.

I wish you luck!

MS LADY 50
02-22-2006, 08:38 AM
Sorry, thanks a lot!!

Ronnie'sHoney
03-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Can they only parole to a halfway house listed under the approved list? There are very few of those!! Only 1 in the Houston area in fact. What do they have to do to get accepted and how far in advance should they apply?

trixiangie
09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
My fiance was given a list of halfway houses to choose from, but no information about them was given to him, just the names. I'm trying to find out which of these have at least a decent reputation. The list is kinda long, but I would so much appreciate any advice on this. Here is what he has to choose from: Abode in White Settlement, TX, Austin Transition Center in Del Valle, TX, Bay Area Recovery, Dickinson, TX, Billy Meeks, Lubbock, Tx, Brazos Place, Freeport, TX, Centex,Temple,TX, Cheyenne Center, Houston, TX, Clover House Odessa,TX, Cornell Corrections Houston, TX, County Rehab Center Tyler, TX, Gateway -HIP Dallas,TX, Land Manor Beaumont,TX, Oak Tree Abilene TX, Push Up Foundation Austin TX, Recovery Campuses Corpus Christi TX, Salvation Army Dallas TX, Southern Corrections El Paso, Treatment Associates Victoria TX, Trinity Living Center Bryan TX, V.O.A. Fort Worth Tx. I would really appreciate any input on this as soon as possible.
Thanks
**email address removed per PTO Policies - Please PM Member**

tcregina5
07-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Gateway Foundation halfway house in Dallas Texas

utchrisp
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
My girlfriend is currently in the Henley SAFP/Cenikor Unit......i was told by phone today she would NOT be able to choose where she goes upon release. Officer told me they attempt to send them back to an area where they are from, but if no beeds are open they go to the next TDC-Cenikor approved house wherever that may be. She asked me to find out if she could choose and that was what i was told......then i saw your post!

Any clarity on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

My fiance was given a list of halfway houses to choose from, but no information about them was given to him, just the names. I'm trying to find out which of these have at least a decent reputation. The list is kinda long, but I would so much appreciate any advice on this. Here is what he has to choose from: Abode in White Settlement, TX, Austin Transition Center in Del Valle, TX, Bay Area Recovery, Dickinson, TX, Billy Meeks, Lubbock, Tx, Brazos Place, Freeport, TX, Centex,Temple,TX, Cheyenne Center, Houston, TX, Clover House Odessa,TX, Cornell Corrections Houston, TX, County Rehab Center Tyler, TX, Gateway -HIP Dallas,TX, Land Manor Beaumont,TX, Oak Tree Abilene TX, Push Up Foundation Austin TX, Recovery Campuses Corpus Christi TX, Salvation Army Dallas TX, Southern Corrections El Paso, Treatment Associates Victoria TX, Trinity Living Center Bryan TX, V.O.A. Fort Worth Tx. I would really appreciate any input on this as soon as possible.
Thanks
**email address removed per PTO Policies - Please PM Member**

utchrisp
04-23-2012, 04:46 PM
I am like everyone else, I miss my wife, but she needed help with her addiction....help I couldn't give her. But I now see her with a much better outlook toward life and it's problems....unless something drastic happens, I think she'll make it after she comes home. SAFP is tough, but in the long run I think it's what an addict needs. Some of the things she's had to do I don't agree with, but as long as it helps her, I'm behind it. Even though she's leaving Halbert in less than 2 weeks, I'll still be here to answer any questions any of you have.

I would appreciate any personal opinions from experience on this matter. My girlfriend is like many others and struggling with an addiction...i truly believe she is where she needs to be. Upon her release she has informed me that she wants to attempt to be sent somewhere other than home for her half-way house. Which is a concern for me....that concern being time and distance apart...and possibly her disconnecting from her past out of humiliation and the people she has always known to begin anew life. This would shatter me.....but my question to you is (and i realize it is completely two seperate individuals here that cannot be compared into any tendencies on average):

After her SAFP beatdown and rebuilding....in your opinion what do you believe i can expect from girl from the behavior modifications she picked up at SAFP? Anything jump out at you regarding your girl majorly different? Mione has always been unassertive and quite naive about being an adult with regards to her drug habits and lack of focus for herself......should i be concerned she may find it easy to drop everything and everybody and just bolt to begin again...even though i have never left her side throughout her struggles.....thanks in advance for your reply!