Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Links Directory > United States Prison Links > Capital Punishment
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Home Submit A Link Link To Us What's New What's Popular Search

Death Penalty Focus Link Options
Report to Moderator Old 03-20-2009 04:35 PM
URL: http://www.deathpenalty.org/
Description: Founded in 1988, Death Penalty Focus is one of the largest nonprofit advocacy organizations in the nation dedicated to the abolition of capital punishment through public education; grassroots and political organizing; original research; media outreach; local, state and nationwide coalition building; and the education of religious, legislative and civic leaders about the death penalty and its alternatives.

We believe that the death penalty is an ineffective, cruel, and simplistic response to the serious and complex problem of violent crime. It institutionalizes discrimination against the poor and people of color, diverts attention and financial resources away from preventative measures that would actually increase public safety, risks the execution of innocent people, and does not deter crime.

We are convinced that when the electorate is informed about the true human and financial costs associated with state-sanctioned killing, the United States will join the majority of nations throughout the world who have abolished it. Death Penalty Focus has eleven active volunteer chapters in California and more than 25,000 members and supporters nationwide.
Category: Capital Punishment
Tags: None
Views: 393
User: David (View All of David's Links)
Replies: 1
Send to Friend

Replies to Link: Death Penalty Focus
  #1   Report Post  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Death Penalty Focus

There has to be a end to this. No one should be on death row. I would love to see the death penalty done away with . I was in court all last week for a 23 yr old male who was given the death penalty. This young men did not deserve this. I am not related to him , I just can about this young man. I guess his life did not matter, He did not even make the newspapers. But he is # 163 on the North Carolina Death Row. I will never forget the look on his face , nor will I ever forget the faces of the jury.
Sponsored Links